GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Captbony1999, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,182
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965577
03/08/19 08:44 PM
03/08/19 08:44 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Say whatever you want about Carmine Persico, but he stood tall until the very end.

No he didn't. Serp said he was confined to a wheelchair for the last few years of his life.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965578
03/08/19 08:58 PM
03/08/19 08:58 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I wonder if anyone got any pics of him being toted around hospice or even after death that would surface later down the road.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Stubbs] #965596
03/09/19 04:59 AM
03/09/19 04:59 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Stubbs
That’s what I’m guessing Todaro Jr. did down in Florida when he supposedly consulted with New York about Violi as underboss. I doubt Todaro was sitting down at brunch in Boca with Frank Cali and Barney Bellomo, lol. Each boss probably sent their representative to give him their blessing.

in that case i bet the bonanno's asked todaro jr to rebuild his dormant family and make violi underboss because they needed allied in canada to fight the rizzuto faction

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965598
03/09/19 05:46 AM
03/09/19 05:46 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
If the colombos would made like the Lucchese ie allie boy will hold the title of boss but someone would be the real boss on the streets how are the family heavy weight that can be the real boss?

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Moe_Tilden] #965607
03/09/19 09:23 AM
03/09/19 09:23 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Say whatever you want about Carmine Persico, but he stood tall until the very end.

No he didn't. Serp said he was confined to a wheelchair for the last few years of his life.

Not confined on constant basis he needed one not because of loss of motor skills per say lot to do with respiratory problems and at his age in the joint for all those years I am surprised he made it that long.

And yeah he still stood up for what he believed in and for the most part his entire family has and still is the woman in that family have more balls then many of the fucken guys crumbling after they take the oath ! Fuck don’t take it .

Last edited by Serpiente; 03/09/19 09:27 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Moe_Tilden] #965611
03/09/19 10:34 AM
03/09/19 10:34 AM
S
Slimshady Offline OP
Made Member
Slimshady  Offline OP
S
Made Member

😂

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965642
03/09/19 06:41 PM
03/09/19 06:41 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
Any chance Teddy Persico will become next in line? Andy mush is getting old, how is his health?
How many mobster Persicos are currently outside and able to take the reins? I can't keep count on that Clan, they procreate like rats

"No one's ever gonna kill me, they wouldn't dare." - Carmine Galante

In the mob, you're either at the dinner table, or on the menu.
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965644
03/09/19 06:47 PM
03/09/19 06:47 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
This site claims Rob Donofrio is the new captain of the ship, I haven't heard about him nor do I find much about him on the internet, any info would be greatly appreciated!
https://www.cosanostranews.com/2011/01/ny-post-future-of-colombo-family.html?m=1

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965645
03/09/19 06:52 PM
03/09/19 06:52 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
I don’t want to ruffle feathers but I hope he rots in hell. RIP? My grandfather and great uncles defended this country against the nazis, they and all like them should RIP these physcopaths don’t deserve a place in the heavens with them and others like them just my opinion. BTW doesn’t change the fact I’m intrigued by them and their code.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: majicrat] #965646
03/09/19 07:06 PM
03/09/19 07:06 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
Originally Posted by majicrat
I don’t want to ruffle feathers but I hope he rots in hell. RIP? My grandfather and great uncles defended this country against the nazis, they and all like them should RIP these physcopaths don’t deserve a place in the heavens with them and others like them just my opinion. BTW doesn’t change the fact I’m intrigued by them and their code.

To be honest, yeah alot of those guys were sick but all the mafia did was offering what used to b illegal but is now legal. Besides the scams and the hustling, they offered protection, loans, gambling and alot of Sh*t that the government has since made legal which in turn has decreased or at the very least put a dent on their rackets. Government restrictions and legislations have also made it harder for infiltrating unions and for example the garbage haul industey

I would prefer mobsters in my neighborhood over sp*cs and crips doing drivebys at wafflehouse and selling crack to kids over the McDonalds counter. How the government is more focused is on the mob is beyond me, must be the money they were able to bring in.

Too put it in perspective, was/is the mob so bad seeing how most of THEIR activities has become state run nowadays, the government is hypocritical af. I would prefer seeing the real nasty dangerous criminals behind bars compared to those who mostly kept to themselves and those who chose to interact and do business with them? (yes i know there are plenty of cases where the mob pushed into civilians lifes and businesses, but in the bigger picture they were mostly gents.

They are responsible for alot of vegas, musicians and pop culture. The government should do with the mafia what Tokyo does to the Yakuza - TAX THEM! Then the mob and state would be best friends believe me

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965647
03/09/19 07:18 PM
03/09/19 07:18 PM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
And if you compare the government and all the sh*t they have done to other people through the years and what they are Even currently doing - most mobsters would come out as saints.

Why a mobster killing in a mobster war is viewed different than a politician ordering a soldier to kill is so different? Because we're brainwashed

The government abduct people, unknowingly and unwillingly drug people, CIVIL F*CKING FORFEITURE tons of other life ruining sick practices are going on everyday. Yet neighborhood "governments" deserve to die and rot in hell.

Sorry but government hypocracy really gets under my skin

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965649
03/09/19 07:37 PM
03/09/19 07:37 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The grandsons will probably get involved in the Colombos it's in their blood.

Last edited by Hollander; 03/09/19 07:47 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Hollander] #965667
03/09/19 08:52 PM
03/09/19 08:52 PM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
Any info on the grandsons

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: JoeTadaro] #965669
03/09/19 09:05 PM
03/09/19 09:05 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by JoeTadaro
Any info on the grandsons

Carmine Persico served time for a fight.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965677
03/09/19 10:25 PM
03/09/19 10:25 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
so very true. you are so right luxury dog,

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: majicrat] #965678
03/09/19 11:19 PM
03/09/19 11:19 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by majicrat
My grandfather and great uncles defended this country against the nazis, they and all like them should RIP these physcopaths don’t deserve a place in the heavens with them

Seems your problem is with the church. The beliefs in general. Because the beliefs say that God loves sinners and non sinners alike.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965679
03/09/19 11:20 PM
03/09/19 11:20 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I would prefer mobsters in my neighborhood over sp*cs and crips doing drivebys at wafflehouse and selling crack to kids over the McDonalds counter.

So in other words you don't mind being robbed by your own kind.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: OakAsFan] #965685
03/10/19 03:49 AM
03/10/19 03:49 AM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I would prefer mobsters in my neighborhood over sp*cs and crips doing drivebys at wafflehouse and selling crack to kids over the McDonalds counter.

That was not the point Oaks, I'm saying there are more traumatized grandmothers because of street gangs rather than scam organizations

I would prefered to be scammed contra being robbed at gunpoint by Tyrone and his seven brothers.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Hollander] #965686
03/10/19 03:53 AM
03/10/19 03:53 AM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
Originally Posted by Hollander
The grandsons will probably get involved in the Colombos it's in their blood.

15 new recruits right there for the Colombos!

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965688
03/10/19 05:02 AM
03/10/19 05:02 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
There is a lot of talk about Joe Amato and Billy Russo.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965698
03/10/19 11:33 AM
03/10/19 11:33 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

That was not the point Oaks, I'm saying there are more traumatized grandmothers because of street gangs rather than scam organizations

I would prefered to be scammed contra being robbed at gunpoint by Tyrone and his seven brothers.

You do realise all the mob families are heavily involved with drugs and don't have any moral compunction about who they sell it to?

There are at least a thousand, conservative estimate, members of organised crime in the states of New York and New Jersey. Is there a college these people attend to get a degree in the mafia, or more likely, these people are in to the same petty street crime as the black gang members you refer to before they're recruited into the mafia.

What do you think gangs like the Tanglewood Boys are for?

Hell, the Philadelphia LCN is basically a more organised, slightly finessed version of traditional black street gangs.

I had to laugh reading at Persico's rap sheet, too. Attempted rape one of the myriad things he was accused of. Like people such as him or Franzese or Cacace have any moral higher ground over anyone else.

He had a stable home life, his father a law firm stenographer. His son intelligent enough to attend a good college.

It's not like black inner-city kids raised by junkie mothers in single-parent homes surrounded by an institutionally biased system have opportunities like that.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965699
03/10/19 11:46 AM
03/10/19 11:46 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Franzese and Persico aren't rapists, Moe. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Or just when it's something negative about so called members of organized crime? Carmine Persico was loved, Moe. Did more for Brooklyn than just about anyone. Did he off a few people? Sure. He was no angel, but he did way more good than bad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and everyone in Brooklyn who is hurting right now.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Moe_Tilden] #965700
03/10/19 11:51 AM
03/10/19 11:51 AM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button

You do realise all the mob families are heavily involved with drugs and don't have any moral compunction about who they sell it to?

There are at least a thousand, conservative estimate, members of organised crime in the states of New York and New Jersey. Is there a college these people attend to get a degree in the mafia, or more likely, these people are in to the same petty street crime as the black gang members you refer to before they're recruited into the mafia.

What do you think gangs like the Tanglewood Boys are for?

Hell, the Philadelphia LCN is basically a more organised, slightly finessed version of traditional black street gangs.

I had to laugh reading at Persico's rap sheet, too. Attempted rape one of the myriad things he was accused of. Like people such as him or Franzese or Cacace have any moral higher ground over anyone else.

He had a stable home life, his father a law firm stenographer. His son intelligent enough to attend a good college.

It's not like black inner-city kids raised by junkie mothers in single-parent homes surrounded by an institutionally biased system have opportunities like that.

I don't want to sound racist but statistically speaking you are more likelly to get stabbed, mugged, raped and killed by some other ethnic groups rather than italians. I just think priorities are wrong. I would prefer a harder line on these harder, more violent gangs rather than a bunch of gloryfied scam artists with a few killers in their organization.
Then again I would like to point out that the US government are selling drugs in other countries, they sell guns to millitias and fanatics and deliberately destabilize other, weaker countries which in turn makes millions suffer.
I am NOT saying LCN is great and good, but they are so much better than many others.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #965701
03/10/19 11:52 AM
03/10/19 11:52 AM
Luxurydog Offline
Button
Luxurydog  Offline
Button
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Franzese and Persico aren't rapists, Moe. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Or just when it's something negative about so called members of organized crime? Carmine Persico was loved, Moe. Did more for Brooklyn than just about anyone. Did he off a few people? Sure. He was no angel, but he did way more good than bad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and everyone in Brooklyn who is hurting right now.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #965702
03/10/19 12:08 PM
03/10/19 12:08 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

How would you know if they were or weren't?

It's just hard to suppress a chuckle when you read his rap sheet on his obit on the BBC and then to have people act like he was persecuted by the government or something.

Prison isn't supposed to be a holiday camp for these people like it was back in the 60s and 70s. Those days are over. Persico lived to what, 85.

What age are most people expected to live to?

And Luxurydog, of course black people are more statistically likely to be responsible for the things you mention, but it's irrelevant to any discussions about LCN to be honest.

The life circumstances of most mobsters are completely different to the life circumstances of black hoodlums.

Name one mobster that grew up in a Cabrini-Green situation.

None of this is to make it sound like I'm defending black crime statistics. I'm just saying you have to realise there's sociocultural reasons for it that transcend people actively choosing to pursue a life of crime. Most of these black guys don't have the agency of people like Anthony Nicodemo or your Persico or Galante or Orena grandchild.

With all the money yuppies like Persico or Orena grandchildren grow up with what possible justification is there for pursuing crime over something more magnanimous?

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965705
03/10/19 12:39 PM
03/10/19 12:39 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm saying there are more traumatized grandmothers because of street gangs rather than scam organizations

Considering how rampant identity theft is today, I doubt this. Seniors are primary targets of fraud.

I'm sure you would, and you'll get your wish because you're more likely to be a victim of the type of fraud carried out by mobsters than of being robbed by Tyrone and his seven brothers.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #965706
03/10/19 12:49 PM
03/10/19 12:49 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
(Carmine Persico) Did more for Brooklyn than just about anyone.

What, for instance?

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Luxurydog] #965707
03/10/19 12:54 PM
03/10/19 12:54 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I don't want to sound racist but statistically speaking you are more likelly to get stabbed, mugged, raped and killed by some other ethnic groups rather than italians.

First off your comparison is biased because you're narrowing whites down to one sub group, Italians, and weighing their crime statistics against all blacks.

Secondly, these stats have been highly contested. They're often outdated, and they don't account for economic factors playing a role in the same trends. Correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Moe_Tilden] #965708
03/10/19 01:01 PM
03/10/19 01:01 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Name one mobster that grew up in a Cabrini-Green situation.

Interestingly enough, in the 1930s and 40s most of them did. And notice this was the era where the mob had the most class. It wasn't until the mob became more suburban that they got trashier and began to further resemble the style of other drug gangs.

Re: Rip Carmine Persico [Re: Slimshady] #965709
03/10/19 01:30 PM
03/10/19 01:30 PM
S
Slimshady Offline OP
Made Member
Slimshady  Offline OP
S
Made Member
Keep the racist bs outta my thread.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull