GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (joepuzzles234, RushStreet, mustachepete, 2 invisible), 99 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,164
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo #963878
02/13/19 06:32 AM
02/13/19 06:32 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
http://gangsterreport.com/the-i-of-the-storm-steel-town-mobster-bobby-i-busted-for-sports-book/

The “I” Of The Storm: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Book
Scott Burnstein

Old-school Pittsburgh mob figure Robert (Bobby I) Iannelli, 88, was indicted this week in state court on charges of running a large sports bookmaking operation and numbers business out of Allegheny and Westmoreland Counties. Iannelli’s son, Rodney (aka “Rusty”) was also nailed in the case.

The indictment named 13 co-defendants and was jumpstarted by a former bookie and event planner for the Iannelli family turning informant in 2015. According to the indictment, the investigation into the Iannelli gambling enterprise lasted almost four years and estimated the enterprise was clearing upwards of $50,000-to-$100,000 per week. The Iannellis headquartered their gambling rackets out of a restaurant called Chub’s Place in the North Park section of Allegheny County which has served as Bobby I’s home base for decades.

Pittsburgh’s LaRocca crime family, the once-powerful Steel Town mafia, pretty much died when longtime boss Mike Genovese passed away peacefully in his own bed on October 31, 2006, though remnants of the syndicate have refused to go dormant. Bobby I is one of those remnants

Iannelli took a bookmaking pinch in 1991 and did a short prison stint. He has over a half-dozen arrests, all gambling related, in his career working in the Pittsburgh mob. Under Genovese, Iannelli ran a robust sports book and a lucrative policy lottery.

Rusty Iannelli, 58, went down in a 2013 state gambling bust targeting a crew led by Ron (Porky) Melocchi and Jeff (The Biscuit) Risha, one-time right-hand man to Pittsburgh mafia lieutenant Thomas (Sonny) Ciancutti, the last true gangland juggernaut left in the region said to be in semi retirement at the ripe old age of 89. The younger Iannelli was named in his dad’s 1991 indictment as well. Risha died of natural causes in 2016.

http://gangsterreport.com/who-is-bo...-microscope-amid-another-gambling-pinch/

Who Is Bobby Iannelli?: Pittsburgh Mob Power Goes Under The Microscope Amid Another Gambling Pinch
Scott Burnstein

As big as a player as there has been in the world of gambling on the east coast of the United States the past 40 years, aging Pittsburgh mobster Robert (Bobby I) Iannelli is smoking it to the filter. The seasoned 88-year old Steel Town gambling-boss titan was indicted this week on charges of overseeing a giant sports book and numbers lottery business out of Allegheny and Westmoreland Counties, alleged to be still running his rackets from his old homestead, Chub’s Place restaurant in North Park.

Iannelli came up in the mob under Tony Grosso, Pittsburgh’s longtime policy czar, who went to prison in 1986. Upon Grosso’s incarceration, Iannelli took over most of illegal gambling in Western Pennsylvania on behalf of the LaRocca crime family and mafia don Michael Genovese. Partnering with the Williams brothers, Iannelli controlled massive swaths of numbers territory once belonging to Grosso – Grosso’s illegal lottery generated $30,000,000 per year in net profits.

Closely aligning himself with Pittsburgh mob capos Anthony (Wango) Capizzi and Frank (Sonny) Amato, Jr., Bobby I grew his bookmaking business to be one of the largest in the country. He did collections for the savvy Capizzi and the mob prince Sonny Amato and has long acted as a layoff bank for other high-end bookies reaching from Pittsburgh to New York to Boston.

Iannelli’s arrest record dates back to the 1950s. He took a federal bookmaking pinch in the 1970s and did three years behind bars. In 1991, he was popped in a state gambling case and had to do some more time. People who know him describe him as a “gentleman gangster.”

Bobby I’s son, Rodney (aka “Rusty”) was busted with him in the 1991 state case as well as the most recent one. Family gambling affairs were based out of Chub’s Place in 1991 just like prosecutors allege they are being today. Rusty Iannelli, 59, was nailed in 2013 for running gambling rackets with Pittsburgh mob figures Ron (Porky) Melocchi and Jeff (Biscuit) Risha and pleaded guilty.

The Pittsburgh mafia, in the form of a functioning crime family, is defunct. When Genovese died of natural causes in 2006, the hierarchy fell apart. Links to Genovese, like the ones the Iannellis carry, are few and far between these days, although scattered activity still occasionally occurs. Amato passed away in 2003. Wango Capizzi, for years the LaRocca syndicate’s liaison to the Las Vegas gaming industry, followed shortly after Genovese, and checked out in 2007.

Re: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo [Re: furio_from_naples] #963891
02/13/19 10:52 AM
02/13/19 10:52 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Xmis eve they inducted 24 new recruits. Steel towns back .

Re: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo [Re: furio_from_naples] #963895
02/13/19 12:33 PM
02/13/19 12:33 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
A death rattle from the LaRocca outfit.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo [Re: OakAsFan] #963897
02/13/19 01:21 PM
02/13/19 01:21 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by pmac

lol lol lol yeas,in mafia simulator maybe.

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
A death rattle from the LaRocca outfit.

Yeah Oak the last mohicans that don't want to give up.I posted the article because at 88 y they continue to made money but aren't even a glorified crew but an army of one. lol

Re: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo [Re: furio_from_naples] #963907
02/13/19 03:10 PM
02/13/19 03:10 PM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
If you make $50,000-to-$100,000 per week you are not long alone...

Re: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo [Re: pmac] #963938
02/13/19 07:16 PM
02/13/19 07:16 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by pmac

The Boys are back in town. Wouldn't that be sumthin' :-)

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo [Re: furio_from_naples] #963962
02/14/19 08:29 AM
02/14/19 08:29 AM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
About Porky Melocchi
https://triblive.com/neighborhoods/...e/8524580-74/melocchi-williams-sentenced

and

Biros Case
https://triblive.com/local/westmore...ed-of-running-illegal-gambling-operation

If you compare sentence with Philly or New York. It make sense to let LCN die. Make the same money without the umbrella you get significant low sentence.

Re: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo [Re: Nitro] #963983
02/14/19 01:49 PM
02/14/19 01:49 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Nitro
About Porky Melocchi
https://triblive.com/neighborhoods/...e/8524580-74/melocchi-williams-sentenced

and

Biros Case
https://triblive.com/local/westmore...ed-of-running-illegal-gambling-operation

If you compare sentence with Philly or New York. It make sense to let LCN die. Make the same money without the umbrella you get significant low sentence.

That is because the criminals with italian surnames doesn't rebuilted the LCN hierarchy or why even in NY people refuse to be made;without the RICO you don' risk to get heavy sentences.

Re: Steel Town Mobster “Bobby I” Busted For Sports Bo [Re: furio_from_naples] #964035
02/15/19 02:16 AM
02/15/19 02:16 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You never know. All of those supposedly defunct families could still have an old timer or two running a sports book or something. A lot of these guys don't have any pension or social security, or anything like that. Only one way they ever knew to make money. They figure they have nothing to lose. Worst case scenario they get three hots and cot courtesy of the government.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull