GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Big Pussy's Dilemma #564939
01/14/10 12:32 AM
01/14/10 12:32 AM
Stewartstown, PA
V
VitoC Offline OP
Capo
VitoC  Offline OP
V
Capo
Stewartstown, PA
One of the issues explored in "The Sopranos" was that of the "mob rats," mobsters or people close to mobsters who end up "flippin'" and providing help to the FBI. The two most notable examples of this in the show, of course, were Adriana and Big Pussy, both of whom ended up being executed. While Ade's downfall was partially due to her own stupidity (she never should have cooperated with the FBI in the first place), Big Pussy truly faced a wrenching dilemma--either betray his most beloved friends or go to prison for at least 30 years.

But did Pussy actually have other options? One clear alternative would have been to kill himself--he would have ended up no worse off doing this than he did anyway, while saving himself the agony of wearing a wire and betraying Tony (the episode "D-Girl," where's he's crying in the bathroom at AJ's conformation party, shows the depth of his agony because of this). The other possible option whould have been to flee the country and start a new life. Do you think he could have successfully done this? If he had gone to, say, Brazil and created a new identity, could he have eluded the FBI and built a satisfatory life for himself? If so, would he have had to do it on his own, or could he have taken his wife Angie and their children with him?

Let me tell ya somethin my kraut mick friend!
Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: VitoC] #565129
01/15/10 03:38 PM
01/15/10 03:38 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I don't think that character had the intelligence or the drive to be able to flee the country, either alone or with his family.

I think he was strictly a Jersey-NY sort of person and would have been unable to easily operate out of that milieu.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: Lilo] #565138
01/15/10 07:26 PM
01/15/10 07:26 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I don't think that character had the intelligence or the drive to be able to flee the country, either alone or with his family.

I think he was strictly a Jersey-NY sort of person and would have been unable to easily operate out of that milieu.
I agree. Even more so with Paulie.

The show's title takes on a double meaning: not only is this about a gangster called Tony Soprano, but a soprano is a high-pitched female singer - the deep anxiety that runs throughout the series is specific to the contemporary gangster: who next is going to "sing" to the Feds? And how might that reflect on the old school views of masculinity, of being a "made man"? This anxiety is especially sharp in a brooding male such as "Big Pussy"...

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #565147
01/16/10 03:17 AM
01/16/10 03:17 AM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I feel Pussy thought his only way of getting Matt Bonpensiero an education was by ratting and relocating in the witness protection program. By killing himself or by going to jail, Pussy would be abandoning his family who obviiously meant more to him than his crime family. Adriana would have had a much less severe jail term and was very stupid to flip. Pussy must have been feeling a little delusional as well. He acted as if he were in the FBI at times and had thoughts of travelling to schools to talk to children about his experiences.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: Blake] #566211
01/28/10 12:21 AM
01/28/10 12:21 AM
stevapalooza Offline
Button
stevapalooza  Offline
Button
I always thought the Adriana thing was a little silly. Would the FBI even bother with someone like her? Wives and girlfriends usually know the least about these guys business.

Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: stevapalooza] #566456
02/02/10 10:42 AM
02/02/10 10:42 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I think they were probably looking for a domino effect. Get Adriana compromised and perhaps she can get something on Christopher or convince Christopher to turn.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #566846
02/08/10 10:20 AM
02/08/10 10:20 AM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Originally Posted By: Lilo

I agree. Even more so with Paulie.

at first I thought he could just flee the country and meet me in Brazil but I see what you mean. those guys lived their whole lives in NY-NJ and I've heard that people from that area use to travel around nearby cities and they can find everything in New York anyway, so they think the world is that and that's it.

and speaking of Pussy...
seriously, why did he run in "Nobody Knows Anything", when the feds busted Jimmy Altieri's card game?

later on Vin Makazian tells Tony that Pussy is "wired for sound" and from what he says it makes me assume that Pussy's been 'singing to the feds' for a while - he mentions a few FBI busts exactly when Pussy wasn't around and how Pussy just got away with "low ball bail", so -- was Pussy just trying to look like there's no way he's playing ball with the FBI?

if so, that wasn't a really good idea, right? he'd be better off just getting busted like everyone else than bringing the spotlight on him and making Tony think "why did he run?"

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: VitoC] #569923
03/17/10 07:48 AM
03/17/10 07:48 AM
L
Lucasi Offline
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline
L
Made Member
Not to get off "pussy" being a rat but i think its so funny when he gets puked on by Leonardo Dicapprio in Basketball Diaries-LOL
Pussy should have hung himself like that other snitch that was a "Soldier".The one who wanted to move to Florida but couldnt cause the FBI wanted him to testify after that one stool pigeon had a heart attack.=I forget.

Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: Lucasi] #569935
03/17/10 05:39 PM
03/17/10 05:39 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
Originally Posted By: Lucasi
Not to get off "pussy" being a rat but i think its so funny when he gets puked on by Leonardo Dicapprio in Basketball Diaries-LOL
Pussy should have hung himself like that other snitch that was a "Soldier".The one who wanted to move to Florida but couldnt cause the FBI wanted him to testify after that one stool pigeon had a heart attack.=I forget.

Eugene Pontecorvo!! cool

Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: Sopranorleone] #569979
03/18/10 08:17 AM
03/18/10 08:17 AM
L
Lucasi Offline
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline
L
Made Member
Eugene is that GUY. Swingin from the rafters.
Had been awhile since seein that episode but i got a Sopranos jones now.
Thanks for info.

Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: VitoC] #950302
08/15/18 06:33 PM
08/15/18 06:33 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
He should’ve left that junk alone.

Re: Big Pussy's Dilemma [Re: VitoC] #959871
12/20/18 12:28 PM
12/20/18 12:28 PM