GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, RushStreet, Turnbull, 1 invisible), 103 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,181
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Does This Murder Look Organized Crime Related? #959450
12/12/18 01:55 AM
12/12/18 01:55 AM
MrWilliams Offline OP
Button
MrWilliams  Offline OP
Button
I've recently gotten into unidentified murder cases featuring John or Jane Does.

While most of the cases I've read about sadly involve woman involved in sex work or children. This one has really peaked my interest even though I can't find a lot on it.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/170umpa.html

It's interesting that compared to most of these cases he appears to be an upper income white male (the clothing he was wearing was worth over $200). It's also interesting that he has not be identified.

Also he appears to have been killed in a professional manner since his body was discovered in an isolated rural area with two gunshots to the head.

I asked about this case on Reddit and the only comment I've gotten so far was that it "screamed mob killing."

I thought I'd run it by here to see what's you guys think.

Last edited by MrWilliams; 12/13/18 05:20 PM.
Re: Does This Murder Look Organized Crime Related? [Re: MrWilliams] #959523
12/13/18 05:22 PM
12/13/18 05:22 PM
MrWilliams Offline OP
Button
MrWilliams  Offline OP
Button

Re: Does This Murder Look Organized Crime Related? [Re: MrWilliams] #959702
12/16/18 04:17 PM
12/16/18 04:17 PM
MrWilliams Offline OP
Button
MrWilliams  Offline OP
Button
Sorry to keep bumping this but I find this both interesting and frustrating I can't find more information on this especially given the unique circumstances regarding this UID. Does anyone have any speculation on who he might be/who might have killed him?

U.S. police ask sculptor to reconstruct face on bullet-riddled skull

SOMERSET, Pa. (AP) - A well-dressed man with expensive dental work was shot several times in the head and dumped in a remote area of western Pennsylvania, near the Maryland state line. The man's bones and bullet-riddled skull were discovered in late 1995, but Pennsylvania state police have been unable to identify him. Reconstructions by an Erie anthropologist and police artists in Toronto produced no clues.

So state police have turned to a Philadelphia sculptor who eschews fancy computer imaging technology, preferring instead to carefully examine the topography of old bones.

"I do it the old-fashioned way - close observation of the skull itself," said Frank Bender, who said he's been reconstructing faces from skulls since 1976.
Bender said his reconstructions result in positive identifications about 85 per cent of the time, and said his best successes have come in work for the state police. He's also reconstructed faces for U.S. marshals, Interpol and America?s Most Wanted, the television show about unsolved crimes. Investigators hope Bender scores again. They have few other clues to pursue.

"He supposedly has a very successful rate of solving these crimes. He measures the skull and sculpts what he feels is a recreation of what the person looked like," Trooper Jeffrey Brock said.
Brock unveiled Bender's bust on Friday, putting another face on the bones discovered by loggers in an isolated area of Lower Turkeyfoot Township, near the Somerset County town of Scullton about 15 kilometres north of the Maryland state line.

Dennis Dirkmaat, a forensic anthropologist at Mercyhurst College in Erie, speculated the man's remains were in the woods a year or more before they were discovered in November 1995. Dirkmaat, who helped police survey the site where the bones were found, further speculated that the man may have been killed in a gangland-style shooting. Police said they can't be sure where the man was killed.

The bones were dressed in tan Genuine Country Road slacks made in Australia; a short-sleeved, light-coloured Clairborne button-down shirt; a Clairborne sweater; an Italian calfskin belt; and a gold chain with crucifix. The skull had several bullet holes and an elaborate cast Vitallium horseshoe palate partial plate. The plate was made about a year before the man's death, replacing nine missing teeth, which police believe were knocked out by a severe blow some length of time before the dental work.

The facial reconstruction suggests the man was 30 to 50 years old, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing between 155 and 170 pounds. A problem in identifying the remains is the broad span of possible ages, Trooper Brock said. But he figured one more image of what the man might have looked like can't hurt, even though he's gotten no leads since composite reconstructions by Dirkmaat and artists with Toronto police were released three years ago.

"We're at a stalemate," Brock said. "Without identification, we're sitting still."

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/use...amp;p=107615&hilit=PAM951103#p107615

Re: Does This Murder Look Organized Crime Related? [Re: MrWilliams] #959705
12/16/18 04:37 PM
12/16/18 04:37 PM
MrWilliams Offline OP
Button
MrWilliams  Offline OP
Button
Over at Websleuths, this particular UID (UMPA 170) was speculated to be British boxer, Ronnie Gibbons who participated in the 1993 Brinks Heist in Rochester NY. However, that turned out to be another unidentified male who washed up on late Ontario in the late '90s.

Funeral of American ‘Brinks heist’ suspect and boxer Ronnie Gibbons to be held in Liverpool

THE funeral of Liverpool boxer Ronnie Gibbons with links to one of the biggest robberies in American history was taking place today.

Joseph “Ronnie” Gibbons disappeared in 1995 and was only identified just before Christmas last year from body parts which washed up 12 years ago in Lake Ontario.

The Norris Green man was today being laid to rest in Liverpool by his family and friends.

His funeral was taking place at St Francis Xavier’s Church, in the city centre, this morning followed by a short service at Anfield crematorium presided over by the Reverend Kevin McLoughlin.

His remains were found on the shores of Lake Ontario, in New York state, in the late 1990s.

They were unidentified for 12 years but in December, the Jefferson County Sheriff confirmed DNA had identified the body parts as belonging to Mr Gibbons who disappeared from the town of Greece, in New York state, 16 years ago.

He was allegedly involved in a renowned armoured car robbery in 1993, when the former Brinks Depot building in Rochester was targeted and $7m stolen, $5m of which was never recovered.

A Gibbons family member today told the ECHO: “I was only young but I remember Ronnie when he was in Liverpool.

“He was a decent boxer and he went to America to try and win the Golden Gloves.

“I met him a few times and he was a big lad. His dad was well-known too.”

Mr Gibbons’ sister is understood to have returned to Liverpool from New York state for the funeral, which will be attended by his mum Rita, now in her 80s, who ran a store in Great Homer Street market for 20 years.

The heist on the Brinks Depot was littered with subplots suitable for a Hollywood movie.

A priest from the Melkite order who stashed away the looted millions was implicated along with a former IRA guerrilla who pulled off the heist and a retired police officer accused of being the “inside man”.

A memoir of the crime, On The Brinks, detailed how Mr Gibbons decided to hunt for the missing money after the end of his boxing career.

‘Ronnie was determined to get his Brinks share’

IT IS generally assumed Ronnie Gibbons did not participate in the robbery but was embroiled in the plans beforehand and felt he deserved a bigger cut of the loot for his troubles.

Retired New York City firefighter Terry Quinn has told how his friend wanted a slice of the $5m, so borrowed a car from him to drive to Rochester in August 1995.

Mr Quinn said Mr Gibbons was determined to confront those who were hiding the cash for his share, but after parking the Toyota Tercel by an Applebee’s restaurant, in Greece, was never seen again.

Witnesses reported seeing the Liverpool man get into a waiting sedan.

It is strongly believed Mr Gibbons was killed and disposed of for confronting hardened criminals for money.

His sister Margaret Gibbons has said his custody battle for his daughter left her brother at his "lowest ebb" and was almost certainly behind his involvement in the Brinks heist.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/funeral-american-brinks-heist-suspect-3354026

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull