GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (British), 111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,153
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955133
10/08/18 04:56 PM
10/08/18 04:56 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Mort

Attached Files 4806304-6245557-image-a-1_1538769510460.jpg

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955141
10/08/18 06:29 PM
10/08/18 06:29 PM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline
F
Underboss
LV
Sucks, one minute your craving a Mcdonalds caramel frappe. And the next minute your dead

Last edited by flamingokid123; 10/08/18 07:13 PM.
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955142
10/08/18 07:02 PM
10/08/18 07:02 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Dollar coffee anysize is always worth the wait

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955143
10/08/18 07:04 PM
10/08/18 07:04 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Mancuso will look like a giant pussy in other familys eye sending blacks to do the bonanno familys house cleaning. Why would up n coming wannabes respect that go join the bloods

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: pmac] #955145
10/08/18 07:27 PM
10/08/18 07:27 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by pmac
Mancuso will look like a giant pussy in other familys eye sending blacks to do the bonanno familys house cleaning. Why would up n coming wannabes respect that go join the bloods

Blacks were used in Joe Colombo hit too back in 1971.

Last edited by Strax; 10/08/18 07:28 PM.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955149
10/08/18 07:31 PM
10/08/18 07:31 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I don't know how they got that guy to hit Colombo. They must have just picked him up off the street and told him they would bomb the homes of everyone in his family if he didn't do it. He had to have known there'd be no way out of there.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955155
10/08/18 07:48 PM
10/08/18 07:48 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

if gallo put the black up to kill colombo it makes my point no one respected that shit it was a insult to all the mafia and he was whacked what a yr later not even. it happens i see, the genovese guys tried to pay a black gangster recently kill bonelli in queens. bonelli showed up to court and called them all pussys.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955171
10/08/18 09:13 PM
10/08/18 09:13 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I never bought into the story of Johnson being hired by the mob to kill Columbo. He had press credentials that were close to impossible to get, and Greg Scarpa on the scene working with the FBI.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: pmac] #955173
10/08/18 09:18 PM
10/08/18 09:18 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
if gallo put the black up to kill colombo it makes my point no one respected that shit it was a insult to all the mafia and he was whacked what a yr later not even. it happens i see, the genovese guys tried to pay a black gangster recently kill bonelli in queens. bonelli showed up to court and called them all pussys.

I believe they were a few who at best could be called associates, more appropriately dummy wannabes who tried to hurt Back guys to kill Bonelli, who if what I read on another site is correct, was not an associate but a local problem to the originator of the plan. They did try to invoke a Genovese member in it, but as soon as they told him their plans he walked out on them.

Capeci said that a man, who owned a gas station had set things in motion and went to Bonelli's home to apologize after everything came out. He was beaten up by Bonelli.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: pmac] #955175
10/08/18 09:49 PM
10/08/18 09:49 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo

I honestly think its a smart move buisnesswise.It could even be a hitter from out of state so it would be very difficult to ever catch him even if they do he could only snitch on a few guys rather than a made guy snitching and destroying an entire family.Depending on the age of the hitmen will tell you if hes a gang member or not.In black gangs the shooters are younger guys,anyone over the age of 35 is seen as an older figure who doesnt put in work anymore.If this guy was in his 40s its very likely hes not a gangmember

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: jace] #955178
10/08/18 10:03 PM
10/08/18 10:03 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
I never bought into the story of Johnson being hired by the mob to kill Columbo. He had press credentials that were close to impossible to get, and Greg Scarpa on the scene working with the FBI.

Are you saying the government did it? Genuinely concerned here. I've always been interested in the Colombo shooting, who was behind it.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: jace] #955179
10/08/18 10:18 PM
10/08/18 10:18 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo

I believe they were a few who at best could be called associates, more appropriately dummy wannabes who tried to hurt Back guys to kill Bonelli, who if what I read on another site is correct, was not an associate but a local problem to the originator of the plan. They did try to invoke a Genovese member in it, but as soon as they told him their plans he walked out on them.

Capeci said that a man, who owned a gas station had set things in motion and went to Bonelli's home to apologize after everything came out. He was beaten up by Bonelli.

Bonelli was another guy that the mob desperately wanted to kill. I didn't know that Louie Sunoco (the gas station guy) had been beaten up by Bonelli. I also wonder if Bonelli is still active. He is certainly out of favor with both the Genovese and Bonannos. (Basciano wanted him dead too)

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955180
10/08/18 10:32 PM
10/08/18 10:32 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Bonelli was openly an informant going way back to 2006 when he was arrested for a small time drug bust. I have trouble seeing any family taking him in with that hanging over him.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955181
10/08/18 10:42 PM
10/08/18 10:42 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Bonelli ratting back in 2006 I found it after hearing that he was longtime snitch who gave up friends he grew up with back in his teens. I am guessing was about 23 in 2006 when he cut this deal to snitch in order to avoid a a fairly minor arrest. A weapon and small amount of drugs, in New York a first time offender gets probation or a small amount of jail time.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/library/queens/PDF_files/4_08/people-bonelli.pdf

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: OakAsFan] #955184
10/09/18 12:38 AM
10/09/18 12:38 AM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan

Are you saying the government did it? Genuinely concerned here. I've always been interested in the Colombo shooting, who was behind it.

Check out Colombo: The Unsolved Murder by Don Capria and Anthony Colombo. I'm not convinced it was the government who killed him, but they dispel the myth it was Gallo.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: OakAsFan] #955196
10/09/18 07:48 AM
10/09/18 07:48 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Translation: He had press credentials from the league, easy to counterfeit, especially if acquiring them from somebody on the inside, and Greg Scarpa was working primarily with one rogue agent, Lindley DeVecchio. There is no proof, nothing that points to Scarpa having anything to with this. When FBI had Scarpa doing recon work back then it tended to be stuff like finding the bodies of civil rights workers and victims of the KKK, not putting random black men up to murdering other criminals.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: MightyDR] #955197
10/09/18 07:54 AM
10/09/18 07:54 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by MightyDR

Check out Colombo: The Unsolved Murder by Don Capria and Anthony Colombo. I'm not convinced it was the government who killed him, but they dispel the myth it was Gallo.

Not really a reliable source though. He's hardly going to be honest to begin with, and doubly so if anything he says reflects his father in a negative light.

I love the irony of someone working so hard to keep out even a single reference to the "mafia" in the 175 minute running time of The Godfather who then breaks omerta by acknowledging the existence of the mafia and taking a plea agreement at the first sign of going to jail!

What a stand up guy!

But in 1986 Anthony plead guilty as part of a plea deal to federal racketeering conspiracy charges from his alleged role in an illegal gambling club. As part of the plea agreement, he received a 14-year prison sentence. Even though he had maintained he was not a Mafioso the conspiracy charge he pleads guilty to accused him and others of being members of the Colombo crime family of Cosa Nostra. Anthony said he agreed to the plea deal “to save my family and four children the agony” of a public trial.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955210
10/09/18 10:34 AM
10/09/18 10:34 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i guess if those associates of the genovese family new he was a fbi or police informant they were trying to be smart farming it out to a black gang. thats the death penalty for them and whoever there genovese boss was. i know this sounds nuts but think it was cia who had colombo shot working threw back channels also believe they thought jerome johnson would have gotten away not immeditely killed on the scene

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: pmac] #955216
10/09/18 11:02 AM
10/09/18 11:02 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

i guess if those associates of the genovese family new he was a fbi or police informant they were trying to be smart farming it out to a black gang. thats the death penalty for them and whoever there genovese boss was. i know this sounds nuts but think it was cia who had colombo shot working threw back channels also believe they thought jerome johnson would have gotten away not immeditely killed on the scene

Or a more credible theory, with Johnson's motivations in bold.

“For all we know, Colombo was shot because his phonied-up Rights League was dominating the media while more-deserving movements were spinning their wheels,” Nash added.

Founded in April 1970, the Italian American Civil Rights League was a political group aimed at combating the widespread stereotypes about Italian-Americans, frequently portrayed as crime figures by the media and discriminated against by the authorities.

“Of course, it was all just smoke and mirrors,” Nash asserted. “A plot that either Colombo or his superiors believed could distract prosecutors, give the feds a black eye, and potentially consolidate Italian-American political power.”

But ultimately, the Mafia expert added, all Colombo did for the Italian-American community was contribute to popularizing the erroneous stereotype he railed against publicly.

http://thevillager.com/2012/07/04/shooting-that-shocked-the-village-and-made-headlines/

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: MightyDR] #955218
10/09/18 11:58 AM
10/09/18 11:58 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

It was a very good book, unfortunately it did not get anywhere near the amount of attention it deserved. Anthony Columbo seemed very crediblle, he would not have been so kind in his words about Carlo Gambino if Gambino had really been behind his father's assassination. There are other books and reports of FBI covert operations in the time period. A few reports are available online.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955228
10/09/18 12:17 PM
10/09/18 12:17 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Oak,

Anthony sued WCBS-TV in 1971 (and later settled for undisclosed terms) after he was identified as a reputed member.

In 1986, though — “to save my family and four children the agony” of a trial, he said — Anthony pleaded guilty to a federal racketeering conspiracy charge that involved running an illegal gambling club. His plea agreement included a 14-year sentence.

While he maintained that he was not a Mafioso, the conspiracy count to which he pleaded guilty accused him and the other defendants of belonging to a “secret criminal organization known as the Colombo organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra.”

“Colombo: The Unsolved Murder” (2013), written by Don Capria in collaboration with Mr. Colombo, offered an explanation of why Mr. Colombo had embarked — reluctantly, the book said — on a criminal career himself after his father’s death.

Seems like a trustworthy guy. I'm sure his book is very reputable, much like John Alite's and Albert De Meo's.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: Moe_Tilden] #955232
10/09/18 12:22 PM
10/09/18 12:22 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Oak,

Anthony sued WCBS-TV in 1971 (and later settled for undisclosed terms) after he was identified as a reputed member.

In 1986, though — “to save my family and four children the agony” of a trial, he said — Anthony pleaded guilty to a federal racketeering conspiracy charge that involved running an illegal gambling club. His plea agreement included a 14-year sentence.

While he maintained that he was not a Mafioso, the conspiracy count to which he pleaded guilty accused him and the other defendants of belonging to a “secret criminal organization known as the Colombo organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra.”

“Colombo: The Unsolved Murder” (2013), written by Don Capria in collaboration with Mr. Colombo, offered an explanation of why Mr. Colombo had embarked — reluctantly, the book said — on a criminal career himself after his father’s death.

Seems like a trustworthy guy. I'm sure his book is very reputable, much like John Alite's and Albert De Meo's.

Yeah Sins of the Father definetly tries to soften up Roy

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955269
10/09/18 08:41 PM
10/09/18 08:41 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
AGREE

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955273
10/09/18 09:14 PM
10/09/18 09:14 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

steering the convo back do you think the guy has a big funeral all the family mob guys there to show surport or is it privit

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955276
10/09/18 09:19 PM
10/09/18 09:19 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

That's some private shit there. I'd say it's a family exclusive affair. Anything else and they draw unnecessary heat.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955277
10/09/18 09:42 PM
10/09/18 09:42 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

spelled private wrong im a moron. just goes to show all that hollywood mystique is fading. i dont think it was a mob hit but like someone said its mancuso (maybe) thats crazy. hes not even out from 20yrs. your in charge of a 100 white italian guys and there kids best friends and nephews, and your using minoritys to do work after its been established for 100 lcn makes there own law and order. thats why all the old grandmas says stay away they handle there own forever in the northeast. maybe. think about joe massino having the whole family but himself show up at that guy george from canada funeral. deflecting blame , smart for a while read rizzuto seen threw it . maybe they werent kicking up to the bosses or acting in the bronx so they farmed out the hit make a example, but im going against my point ive been trying to make for 3 pages cant do that. but getting whacked in a mcdonalads drive threw is bad. jokes forever on your expense. who the fuck nows. but the funeral thing was a big thing in the day the flowers and caddys. they should go back to that if there trying to help image. if christy tic had a 2 day wake on staten island that cost $$$ so i think some do belive in the old way. red sox pulling away. im drunk woo

Last edited by pmac; 10/09/18 09:47 PM.
Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: Moe_Tilden] #955286
10/10/18 02:34 AM
10/10/18 02:34 AM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Not really a reliable source though. He's hardly going to be honest to begin with, and doubly so if anything he says reflects his father in a negative light.

Totally understand what you mean. It is biased towards Colombo and biased against the government. But they do real research proving Gallo wasn't involved.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955287
10/10/18 03:14 AM
10/10/18 03:14 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i was baiting moe but hes like me waiting 4 the game of thrones trailer to be realeased. nah im drunk got laydofff im piissese so im allover our gg board. wild shir n inuewinoes worst spell ever. love all moe irsish people from galway bay west ireland call cigs bitts fags thats cool seen it

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955289
10/10/18 03:18 AM
10/10/18 03:18 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

yaeh moe worked 3 months wit irush folk there nuts my old 74 yr old mom has family in cork. but fuck everyone in the whole circle. i cant get in to the uk cause i have a felon . sad but irish fo.ks i work wir said cool but them thers the mexican plaster dude trumps like u got 10 days wow wirld week my gg bb

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #955290
10/10/18 03:19 AM
10/10/18 03:19 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

sorry moe i want to go the isle of man the sothern irish dont consider belfest ireland i was dumbfoynded. the north blah blah fucking all teritoyrial but skipped world war 2

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull