GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (joepuzzles234, RushStreet, mustachepete, 2 invisible), 99 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,164
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: Beenaround] #952191
09/04/18 01:39 PM
09/04/18 01:39 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Beenaround
Fact...Gene has had a guy on the Street looking out for his investments (Legit and illegitimate )..He's not going to be broke..But He should retire and enjoy his time left with Family..It's a different world..No Honor left...His Brothers are Gone..Don't think he would be welcomed back into the Gambino Family..

I don’t know any of them but dead on a different world and many don’t like that name on both sides of the law it’s hard enough to come out to family let alone into a world that racket are very hard to keep or get without a paper trail or dealing with strangers he is guaranteed a spot back in the joint being on parole to many rats “ and that’s easy to get put back by a phone call he stands no chance.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: Beenaround] #952195
09/04/18 02:25 PM
09/04/18 02:25 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Fact...Gene has had a guy on the Street looking out for his investments (Legit and illegitimate )..He's not going to be broke..But He should retire and enjoy his time left with Family..It's a different world..No Honor left...His Brothers are Gone..Don't think he would be welcomed back into the Gambino Family..

I forgot that Gene had 2 brothers still alive: Richard is a capo and Vincent is a soldier so maybe they looked for Gene money.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952196
09/04/18 02:43 PM
09/04/18 02:43 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Sure he will be looked after but his days in the life are over I bet!

British is best....
Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952197
09/04/18 03:20 PM
09/04/18 03:20 PM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
What could they give this guy money wise to make up for 30 years realistically speaking? And who would pay it?

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: furio_from_naples] #952213
09/04/18 05:54 PM
09/04/18 05:54 PM
B
Beenaround Offline
Capo
Beenaround  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

I forgot that Gene had 2 brothers still alive: Richard is a capo and Vincent is a soldier so maybe they looked for Gene money.

His Brothers have nothing to do with his earnings. It's none of them...Rich is not in the picture anymore just a Soldier if that and moved to PA, last time I heard and Vinny was tossed out..Basically the end of the Gotti's in the Mob.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952218
09/04/18 07:06 PM
09/04/18 07:06 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Gotti or not this guy isn’t going to be shelved after a 30 year bid. And he had a strong rep on the street independent of John. My guess is they entertain him but far away from administration. Also the message it would send that after 30 years inside for the family there would literally be no reason for anyone to do time if they see him getting shelved with no respect. Everyone keeps saying how clever Cali is so he must be considering the above point (if he is the shot caller)

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952219
09/04/18 07:11 PM
09/04/18 07:11 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
agree Liborio..if they do not give him an open door and be willing to help him ,it will send a clear message ,why do the time, gene did nothing wrong, only thing he did wrong was listening to his brother ,almost got him life,for the most part sacrifice most of his life. make him a captain if he was taken down..should not have been anyway..

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952220
09/04/18 07:20 PM
09/04/18 07:20 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
think John himself took gene down for operational reasons if I’m correct. Might be wrong if anyone else knows otherwise.

And did gene have kids?

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: streetbossliborio] #952235
09/04/18 09:52 PM
09/04/18 09:52 PM
B
Beenaround Offline
Capo
Beenaround  Offline
B
Capo

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
think John himself took gene down for operational reasons if I’m correct. Might be wrong if anyone else knows otherwise.

And did gene have kids?

Yes 3...if anything.. Arms distance.. They don't care about a guy who did 30 years.. He's a Antique.. They don't even kill rats anymore.. This is a new ball game.. They have shelved guys doing less time.. Let alone a Fed Magnet with the name Gotti..

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952237
09/04/18 11:04 PM
09/04/18 11:04 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
Been..daughters

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952246
09/05/18 03:27 AM
09/05/18 03:27 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Time will tell

But to put him on a shelf because of his last name.
??

Why would anyone be paying on his book if he has no standing?

Whoever owes could either just not pay or run to someone and get the debt knocked down to penny's on the dollar.

I know you cant trust what you read bit he has $1MM on the street 1/2 is his and people have been paying for the last 30+

$20K a week at 2 points
That is 1/2 million a year in juice about

The Gambino family is backing him.

Some of that juice is going up the ladder.

If he were smart he would retire however, for some of these guys it's the only life they want to know.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952247
09/05/18 04:01 AM
09/05/18 04:01 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
The Gottis made milions with Gotti sr,Gotti jr and Pete from 1986 to 2003 and for sure part of this money will go to Gene;I don't know if John ever felt sorry for his brother destiny if yes maybe tell his sons to keep money for his uncle and to help him when he will get out.
I think that Gambino hierarchy must help Gene and don't shelved him because would be hard for the young generations to accept long sentence without flipping.
In the 2010s the american mafia must use the ancient rules for hace trusted men.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: furio_from_naples] #952248
09/05/18 05:02 AM
09/05/18 05:02 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

Richard is not a capo anymore. That changed long ago, and he resides in Milford, Pennsylvania now - https://nypost.com/2012/09/27/gottis-bro-nabbed-in-womans-beating/

Yes, he does, or at least he did in 2002 (thirteen years into his sentence). This is confirmed knowledge.
In court documents for Peter Gotti's 2002 trial, it was confirmed that Gene "lost his crew and was reduced in rank to soldier, but he has played a major role in the crime family's rackets from federal prison," as reported by Gang Land News on December 5, 2002.
"He has remained a powerful family force through phone calls and jailhouse meetings with Peter and a host of capos, soldiers and associates, the court papers show. Since he went to prison – he's not due out until 2018 – Gene has also retained a lucrative loansharking operation that Peter and other mob associates run for him, using the proceeds to provide for his wife and children, the papers say."

According to a 1999 affidavit by FBI agent Betsy Morris (as reported in the Gang Land article), Gene was visited in prison by Peter Gotti, whom he was seen yelling at, as well as Gambino mobsters Salvatore Scala and Dominick Pizzonia.
"Until 1999, most insight the feds learned about Gene's activities came from informants because the Gotti crew knew they were being observed by cameras." But the Gotti crew learned how to avoid wiretaps and covered their mouths when they spoke after that.

"Many of Gene's phone calls – and visits from Gambino wiseguys – concerned the day-to-day operations of Gene's half of an unusual joint loansharking operation he shared with Colombo capo Joseph Scopo, a longtime gangster buddy until Scopo (right) was killed in 1993, the last of 12 victims of the bloody Colombo mob war that began in 1991.
"Despite Gene's incarceration and Scopo's death, their loanshark business is booming.

When Scopo died, his brother Ralph, a Colombo soldier, took over his brother's share of the loanshark operation, valued at $500,000 by the affidavit but which sources say today has more than $1 million "on the street" earning from 100 to 200 per cent interest a year."

(end article).

It should be noted here that a million-dollar loanshark book is a sustainable gig. It's not something that can just go away overnight. So as long as Gene has guys on the street, that book is probably still earning. And his pals Arnold Squitieri and Alphonse Sisca assumed high-level positions in the family shortly after that Gang Land article and the conviction of Peter Gotti, so it's not like he didn't have friends on the street.
Regarding Ralph Scopo Jr.: in 2005 (three years after the Gang Land article) Scopo Jr. was arrested for racketeering conspiracy alongside Genovese acting boss Matthew Ianniello, elderly capo Ciro Perrone, and others whom he met with frequently. So Scopo Jr. was a bigwig too, and continued to control the concrete unions with an iron grip until his indictment in Jan. 2011 and his death two years later.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952256
09/05/18 09:48 AM
09/05/18 09:48 AM
B
Beenaround Offline
Capo
Beenaround  Offline
B
Capo
Much was Reinvested in legit businesses..After 30 years, how much could be left? Probably enough not to return. His Family was taken care of.. The person that overlooked his interests isn't even made, but respected. The Family (Gotti) is beat up.. falling like Dominos.. I Wish him and His Family the best. They don't make them like him anymore..

Last edited by Beenaround; 09/05/18 10:02 AM.
Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952260
09/05/18 10:46 AM
09/05/18 10:46 AM
P
PhillyBilly Offline
Wiseguy
PhillyBilly  Offline
P
Wiseguy
how much could be left?
It could be a lot or it could be a little... depends on how they ran the shark loans

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: jace] #952283
09/05/18 03:03 PM
09/05/18 03:03 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by jace
Culture shock might kill him. 30 years away is a long time. The Ravenite is long gone, I think it may have been gone when he went away to prison. Ozone Park is totally different and even his neighbors will have died or moved away. His family has changed, many have probably died. If he goes to Mulberry Street I would think he won't recognize most of it anymore due to changes. He went away when cell phones were a new thing and cameras were not everywhere. It will take him a few months just to get used to society as it is now. When he sees two men pushing a stroller with a baby in it, and asks who the father is and gets "We both are" as a response, followed by the two men kissing and walking on, he may faint. He'll need a relative to show him around his first times out of the house.

On the other hand, if someone has two men as parents they will probably have a better upbringing than a Gotti, and will be more likely to get a PHD and give something back to society.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: PhillyBilly] #952291
09/05/18 03:50 PM
09/05/18 03:50 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by PhillyBilly
how much could be left?
It could be a lot or it could be a little... depends on how they ran the shark loans

Well we know the loanshark book doubled in value from the mid-1990s-2002, so it’s stands to reason it could have grown even more. Even if it hasn’t, it’s unlikely it would have just gone away. Loansharking is a very sustainable business which is why there are so, so, so many cases of mobsters keeping a hold of things while locked up. Ronald Giallanzo is a recent example that comes to mind.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: Moe_Tilden] #952336
09/05/18 10:55 PM
09/05/18 10:55 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Culture shock might kill him. 30 years away is a long time. The Ravenite is long gone, I think it may have been gone when he went away to prison. Ozone Park is totally different and even his neighbors will have died or moved away. His family has changed, many have probably died. If he goes to Mulberry Street I would think he won't recognize most of it anymore due to changes. He went away when cell phones were a new thing and cameras were not everywhere. It will take him a few months just to get used to society as it is now. When he sees two men pushing a stroller with a baby in it, and asks who the father is and gets "We both are" as a response, followed by the two men kissing and walking on, he may faint. He'll need a relative to show him around his first times out of the house.

On the other hand, if someone has two men as parents they will probably have a better upbringing than a Gotti, and will be more likely to get a PHD and give something back to society.

I strongly disagree, but why bring up politics. I was just pointing out that things have changed drastically, maybe you were looking to make a disparaging remark about a racketeer for your own reasons, but it is irrelevant. I was pointing out it's a different world and he will be shocked.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952368
09/06/18 06:53 AM
09/06/18 06:53 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

You made a homophobic comment and I pulled you up on it.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: Moe_Tilden] #952395
09/06/18 12:03 PM
09/06/18 12:03 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
You made a homophobic comment and I pulled you up on it.

Liar. I pointed out the differences in time periods, with nothing that can be called homophobic. You're and out and out liar. Me and others take the time to research and discuss things, you come along and make rude comments, lie, try to be funny, And condemn people, be they gangsters or posters. Here is what I took the time to write:

"Culture shock might kill him. 30 years away is a long time. The Ravenite is long gone, I think it may have been gone when he went away to prison. Ozone Park is totally different and even his neighbors will have died or moved away. His family has changed, many have probably died. If he goes to Mulberry Street I would think he won't recognize most of it anymore due to changes. He went away when cell phones were a new thing and cameras were not everywhere. It will take him a few months just to get used to society as it is now. When he sees two men pushing a stroller with a baby in it, and asks who the father is and gets "We both are" as a response, followed by the two men kissing and walking on, he may faint. He'll need a relative to show him around his first times out of the house."

Nothing there homophobic. You're a liar.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952396
09/06/18 12:12 PM
09/06/18 12:12 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

You're clearly projecting your own homophobia onto Gene Gotti and how he would react in a hypothetical situation.

Why bring up two male parents of a child otherwise?

We're not stupid, Jace.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: Moe_Tilden] #952402
09/06/18 12:23 PM
09/06/18 12:23 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
You're clearly projecting your own homophobia onto Gene Gotti and how he would react in a hypothetical situation.

Why bring up two male parents of a child otherwise?

We're not stupid, Jace.

Okay, would some one else tell me who is lying here, this has gotten ridiculous. I brought up a change in culture, along with other things that have changed, you are turning it into a personal attack on me. I will not be bullied, but I won't hog up this thread arguing with you either. If several posters will weigh in on my comments meaning please do so. What I said and how I phrased it should be very obvious to anyone with a brain and no bias.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952408
09/06/18 12:31 PM
09/06/18 12:31 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

When he sees two men pushing a stroller with a baby in it, and asks who the father is and gets "We both are" as a response, followed by the two men kissing and walking on, he may faint.

You dug your own grave. I don't need to say anything.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: Moe_Tilden] #952410
09/06/18 12:33 PM
09/06/18 12:33 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
When he sees two men pushing a stroller with a baby in it, and asks who the father is and gets "We both are" as a response, followed by the two men kissing and walking on, he may faint.

You dug your own grave. I don't need to say anything.

No, I made an honest assertion of how he may be effected by changes of the past 30 years, and you know it. AsI said, let someone else give an opinion. Other than your friend who pms me on your behalf.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952413
09/06/18 12:35 PM
09/06/18 12:35 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I repeat. You projected your own bigotry into a hypothetical scenario. Anyone can read between the lines.

Pretty much everyone thinks you are either a) a troll, or b) someone with family connections to the mob, which would explain your slant against the Feds, your persistent defense of mobsters etc. etc.

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: Moe_Tilden] #952414
09/06/18 12:36 PM
09/06/18 12:36 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I repeat. You projected your own bigotry into a hypothetical scenario. Anyone can read between the lines.

Anyone?

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: jace] #952419
09/06/18 12:58 PM
09/06/18 12:58 PM
B
Beenaround Offline
Capo
Beenaround  Offline
B
Capo

Anyone?

Ignore it..Not important..Opinions are like assholes....you know how that saying goes..Lol

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952422
09/06/18 01:04 PM
09/06/18 01:04 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: DiLorenzo] #952424
09/06/18 01:31 PM
09/06/18 01:31 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
If he falls in line with the Sicilians he will want to be invisible.

I would imagine he would want to be around the action somewhat.

I can't see the benefit to shelving him.

I think the throw him a bone or two so he can earn, nothing high risk.

They let him know the days of ur brother are gone forever.

The admin today seems pretty right we don't know anything.

Because they are from the other side
and on the other side they believe in killing families of rats..

I don't think the Feds have any high level informats..

When is the last time the admin took a pinch?

When was the last time any Sicilian went away for a major bust from the Gambino's
?

Re: Gene Gotti, brother of mob boss John, finishes 29- [Re: BensonHURST] #952425
09/06/18 01:41 PM
09/06/18 01:41 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
If he falls in line with the Sicilians he will want to be invisible.

I would imagine he would want to be around the action somewhat.

I can't see the benefit to shelving him.

I think the throw him a bone or two so he can earn, nothing high risk.

They let him know the days of ur brother are gone forever.

The admin today seems pretty right we don't know anything.

Because they are from the other side
and on the other side they believe in killing families of rats..

I don't think the Feds have any high level informats..

When is the last time the admin took a pinch?

When was the last time any Sicilian went away for a major bust from the Gambino's
?

In 2011 bobby vernace got arrested.
And in 2008 the all admin got arrested plus couple of capos and i think 17 soldiers
(Cali, jojo and cefalu)

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull