GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (joepuzzles234, RushStreet, 3 invisible), 114 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #951165
08/24/18 07:24 AM
08/24/18 07:24 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: NickyfromTampa] #951181
08/24/18 12:00 PM
08/24/18 12:00 PM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
@Nicky from Tempa
By the way Frauenfels Ndrina is completely independent.

I see your point. So i give you right if we talk about a new family. But American Mafia exist there. So the need only new Blood and i think there are more then enough. So 5 or 10 guys (without arrest) are more than enough. If it necessary got to New York and take some guys from there. Mafia is a elite thing not a mass organization. But they die out. And again it is not enough to say " of course they had no neighborhood.

Another thing is American Mafia can change the rules. So they don't need to ask Palermo. In fact LA don't need ask New York for new rules about new members. They can give mixed blood made member status or work with non-italians( like Chicago). So my guess is they hadn't enough business on the run. Not enough White dollar connection. So young guys don't need them. After a while they lost muscles and cannot protect his business and members get older. So they disappear. (exception is Tommy Gambino this guy is a mystery for me).

Another scenario is LA mafia never (or only Dragna) exist as a independent group and chicago and Cleveland was not interested to the refresh the group in the late 90's. So only Gambino with his New York connection "survive".

For SF i think is the other way around. They was verry successful and lost the interest in street/crime stuff.

Last edited by Nitro; 08/24/18 01:17 PM.
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: furio_from_naples] #951183
08/24/18 12:33 PM
08/24/18 12:33 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
https://www.laweekly.com/restaurant...the-patriarch-of-eastside-market-2382445

Why Doesn't Los Angeles Have a Little Italy?

Actually, Los Angeles did have a Little Italy for over a century. It started in the 1800's on Olvera Street and North Main, when Los Angeles was a Mexican puebla. By the turn of the 20th century, Los Angeles's Little Italy had expanded into present-day Chinatown and eventually to Lincoln Heights and the foothills of Elysian Park. Johnny Angiuli, owner of Eastside Market Italian Deli, can wax nostalgic for hours about the hillside neighborhood, just above Chinatown where his deli is located, that was still a thriving Italian enclave when he immigrated here in 1956 from Adelphia, Italy, at the age of twelve.

The market portion of Eastside Market is long gone. As upwardly mobile Italians moved out of Little Italy, the demand for Italian and Mediterranean produce waned. By the time Johnny Angiuli purchased the market in 1974 from Sam Pontrelli and George Laricchia, after having worked there for fifteen years, he knew times were changing. He converted the market section of the store into a dining room and introduced hot foods to the deli.

Angiuli has seen the neighborhood turnover many times from good to bad to good again. The 1970s, in particular, was a lean decade, when the neighborhood was at a crossroads with an ever-diminishing and aging Italian population and influxes of decidedly non-Mediterranean residents.

This isn't entirely true. There are a lot of Italians in Northeast LA and East LA county, even in Lincoln Heights. Since the boomers, they've embraced the Chicano culture that now dominates the region. Many Latinos in California have Italian lineage, due to intermarrying between the cultures. I'm sorry if these older Italians that contribute to these articles have too much pride in their "Mediterranean" lineage to accept it, but it's the truth. Italians that grew up in Latino areas of California have their "Brown Card". The two cultures have largely embraced each other since the 1960s.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #951203
08/24/18 02:36 PM
08/24/18 02:36 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
There are still members in Los Angeles, but the family is defunct. Overall excluding the former L.A. family members. The Gambino family has three made members in the area, the Genovese family has one member, the Outfit has two members, Detroit has one maybe two members in the area, Colombos only has one member and the last known made member on the west coast, Bonanno family has two or maybe one member as Ronnie has not been kicking anything up since the 1990's. Then you have a bunch of associates and half-ass wiseguys in the area. That is it for American LCN, then you get into the Sicilians and Italy members who operate in the drug trade, some with connections to Canada and South America.

Oaks is right in his post about the majority of those with Italian ancestry in SoCal, even in Nor-Cal.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #951218
08/24/18 08:57 PM
08/24/18 08:57 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

A few years ago the feds did say Tommaso Gambino was the underboss after serving 20 years in prison.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #951222
08/24/18 09:30 PM
08/24/18 09:30 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I just don't see any need for an LA family anymore. It's not about lack of Italians. It's about gangs having all of the muscle on LA's streets. And, in areas where gambling would be popular, Asian gangs are savvy enough to bookmaking to run it without help, and have the numbers to not let relics from the Peter Milano mob push them around. Maybe laying off action to mobsters, but I bet people like Isgro who run book in the rich areas already provide that service. I can't imagine there being any room in the rackets for LA family members other than working for New York guys in the region.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #951223
08/24/18 09:49 PM
08/24/18 09:49 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
Hollander .tommy never spent a day in prison, his father did more than twenty, but was deported and is a member of sicily.hope that helps

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: bronx] #951229
08/25/18 02:06 AM
08/25/18 02:06 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by bronx
Hollander .tommy never spent a day in prison, his father did more than twenty, but was deported and is a member of sicily.hope that helps

Bronx do you think tommy is a capo of some sort of gambino crew in LA ?

Last edited by MeyerLansky; 08/25/18 02:06 AM.
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: MeyerLansky] #951235
08/25/18 06:42 AM
08/25/18 06:42 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky

I hear that Tommy Gambino taked what remained of the L.A. crew under the Gambinos umbrella.

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: bronx] #951241
08/25/18 07:08 AM
08/25/18 07:08 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

You´re right my friend the father did the time. The sons Tommy and Anthony have no record.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: Hollander] #951250
08/25/18 09:19 AM
08/25/18 09:19 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Hollander

You´re right my friend the father did the time. The sons Tommy and Anthony have no record.

Rosario "Sal" Gambino (Tommy's father)was a sicilians from pizza connection and was expelled from the USA in 2009,in Italy he was sentenced in absentia for a 40 kg of heroin found in Milan in 1983 but in 2014 in appeal the sentenced was overtuned and he is free from then.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 08/25/18 09:20 AM.
Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #951253
08/25/18 11:56 AM
08/25/18 11:56 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
hello Hollander, both sons were made under pete milano

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: furio_from_naples] #951273
08/25/18 09:24 PM
08/25/18 09:24 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

I hear that Tommy Gambino taked what remained of the L.A. crew under the Gambinos umbrella.

This sounds very believable. I'm guessing that anyone made under Milano looking to put money on the street today is answering to the Gambinos. And, even with that, we're talking, what, some bookmaking and loan sharking? If even that? Very, very slim piece of the pie left in LA's underworld for Italians. They'd make more just working for a living.

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: OakAsFan] #951274
08/25/18 09:39 PM
08/25/18 09:39 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
yeah oak street gangs out there in LA give a fuck about the gambino's
maybe some of them don't know who they are

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #951278
08/25/18 09:47 PM
08/25/18 09:47 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I think minority gangs in NY have a lot more respect for the mob, because the mob still exists there. Older ones remember a time not long ago when the mob controlled everything. In LA, the mob is Joe Pesci movies. If someone came up to them and said, "I'm with the Gambinos", they would literally laugh.

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: MeyerLansky] #951286
08/25/18 10:56 PM
08/25/18 10:56 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
yeah oak street gangs out there in LA give a fuck about the gambino's
maybe some of them don't know who they are

I think so too. I don't think most ever cared either. In fact most are young now and are not into following the Mafia

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #951647
08/30/18 12:35 AM
08/30/18 12:35 AM
P
Penguin Offline
Wiseguy
Penguin  Offline
P
Wiseguy
I just moved back from LA. LA is all Mexican Mafia and the street gangs they pledge allegiance to them. However, LA is huge and spread out so are there some independent bookies ..sure. But there is no Mob like NYC controlling construction, unions, garbage. Never was. You meet some Italians here and there. I went to an Italian festival in Hollywood once, but there is no concentration of them. As far as white ethnic groups more Jews (Persians especially) and Armenians. Armenians live in Hollywood, Burbank, and Glendale. There is a gang called Armenian Power. Armenians are tough.

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: jace] #952071
09/03/18 10:03 AM
09/03/18 10:03 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
In Fratiano's book and interviews
Originally Posted by night_timer
So, we all know about the LCN influence in NYC and Las Vegas, but what was the overall level of power of LCN in LA?

And how does the LCN influence compare today in NYC, after Giuliani?

Was the LCN screwed even before Giuliani - and after 911 - gave rise to greater police powers on every street corner?

(Not wanting to say no to police vigilance on the streets of NYC, just asking a question.... )

They were in trouble way before Giuliani. I think LA is dead and New York is still active, but with low quality members compared to the older generation, I have to read Frattiano's book and see what he says about the state of LA when he was in it.

"low quality" ?! no one knows that !
since 911 the lcn have rest from the feds
so they rebuilding themselves, and they are on very low profile
almost no knows who the bosses of any family in ny...
don't get me wrong i understand your comment buddy
cause it looks like they are weak, but imo they are rebuilding themselves.
but no one really knows the truth.

Re: What's happening in Italian LCN in LA? [Re: night_timer] #952074
09/03/18 11:04 AM
09/03/18 11:04 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Italians in LA live in Latino areas. Lincoln Heights was LA's Italian section in the early 20th century. There are still a lot of Italians there. A lot of Italians that came into a little money in the 40's and 50's moved out to the San Gabriel Valley. They're still there. A lot of Italian owned restaurants in the area.

Frattiano's book is a fun read, probably the best book written about the LA mob, but I believe he exaggerates about the relevance of that family. I don't believe he pushed Moe Sedway around the way he claims. I don't believe Bugsy confided in him, as he claims.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull