GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 89 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #858867
09/04/15 02:45 PM
09/04/15 02:45 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
http://articles.philly.com/1997-02-21/news/25535770_1_mob-courtroom-bookmaking-conviction

Great article, Phil didn't testify at Ligambi's second murder trial he beat in '97

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #918014
08/05/17 06:03 PM
08/05/17 06:03 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
@Serp I loved the Mafia Prince book. I felt it was factual but judging by Phil's demeanor and certain things said about him by other wiseguys that flipped, I think he was the most cunning and dangerous out the Philly crew. He always said "I knew my uncle like the back of my hand. But no one ever knew what I was really thinking."

Also did Phil really care about Salvie and if so why not go to bat for him like he did when Uncle Nick wanted to clip Chuckie and Laurence?

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #918016
08/05/17 06:07 PM
08/05/17 06:07 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
I think it would have only been a matter of time before Scarfo turned on Leonetti too!

Re: Leonetti [Re: Quiet_Doms] #918017
08/05/17 06:12 PM
08/05/17 06:12 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Quiet_Doms
@Serp I loved the Mafia Prince book. I felt it was factual but judging by Phil's demeanor and certain things said about him by other wiseguys that flipped, I think he was the most cunning and dangerous out the Philly crew. He always said "I knew my uncle like the back of my hand. But no one ever knew what I was really thinking."

Also did Phil really care about Salvie and if so why not go to bat for him like he did when Uncle Nick wanted to clip Chuckie and Laurence?

Not may Philly guys really liked Phil " it was a silver spoon thing again , but Salvi was the same as Phil . Salvie would come down and stay down and they were so close you would hardly ever see Phil " they were that close.

Yogi and Chuckie grew up in Ducktown and moved to Philly and they were just close with Nick and Phil and Yogi hit it off . Phil saved Yogi so many times !

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Leonetti [Re: Quiet_Doms] #918018
08/05/17 06:16 PM
08/05/17 06:16 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Quiet_Doms
I think it would have only been a matter of time before Scarfo turned on Leonetti too!

If you were the boss Nick would respect you or anyone he had to in the life and just barely .
Nick would have chased off anyone !!! Nicky Jr. Was the only one that I think that really loved him respected him and would follow him unconditionally of course his other two sons loved there father . Not good to say but that's me looking in since Jr was a boy .

Last edited by Serpiente; 08/05/17 08:50 PM.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #918020
08/05/17 06:30 PM
08/05/17 06:30 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
You know Serp I think Nick and Phil were too much alike. The only difference is imo that while Scarfo was a bit crazy Phil appears to have been mean. He held a lot back as far as info on that time period. I know there had to been more we don't know of!

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #918022
08/05/17 06:52 PM
08/05/17 06:52 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
It was like any other family, the older brother over powers the younger and there are problems.
And in some father son lives it's the same.

Phil moved down beach a couple times but something always made him come back , Nick in jail or a couple years go by and there is a threat on Nick and he would come back .... but he always came back !

Also Nick was his father figure and his uncle and his mentor and his boss .... the kind of boss that would kill you !

Phil just never lived ... really lived .... and it was time I guess.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #918025
08/05/17 07:13 PM
08/05/17 07:13 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
So in essence his blind loyalty to Scarfo kind of blurred the lines of right and wrong. Supporting your uncle while he orders hits that were really uncalled for. Wow. Phil never had a chance. I think the real reason Scarfo had such a short reign filled with turmoil was because you had some that feared his reputation and others that didn't like or respect him. He got the top spot out of process of elimination. He wasn't boss material at all. Also to be that close to your underboss/capo on an everyday basis is sort of weird. Do you think he kept Philip that close bcuz he could sense something about his nephew?

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #918030
08/05/17 08:10 PM
08/05/17 08:10 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I think he just depended to much on omerta , and this is when the Feds were at the top of there game and were getting endless cash because of the headlines and movies being made .

The Feds and there supervisors and judges and DAs Were just loving this and guys retired off investigating the mob .

The overtime that was given out guys were getting 25 years of of time and pension in 10-12 years and done !!! or to move up to a much more lucrative position .

The Feds and supervisors would be hundreds of miles from there families and stay at work around the clock for as long as it took .

Either way it was a shit storm that the feds put on the mob !

Last edited by Serpiente; 08/05/17 08:13 PM.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #944402
06/21/18 04:57 AM
06/21/18 04:57 AM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
hey Serp, I gotta ask. I was watching the War Against the Mafia documentary and something dawned on me. Phil says the summer of 84' Salvie was down the shore a lot. He was paranoid and on edge. If he felt he was gonna be clipped, then why not request a sit down with Nick to straighten things out? I mean Salvie was probably the most loyal guy Scarfo had around him.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #944406
06/21/18 06:50 AM
06/21/18 06:50 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
QD I remember the time and Salvi being in Ventnor at his spot on the bay but he was always around in summer he had business and property here .

As far as a sit down I wish I was privy to that information because it went from sort of alright that he dumped Chuckie’s daughter to full on looking and people were asking once it got out of the inner circle.

I still say it was Chuckie and the strings he was pulling in Philly to make things look a lot worse for Salvie and one a made guy gets wind someone is getting hit they are like sharks looking to get his spot and rackets ! It was really gross !

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #944645
06/23/18 04:20 AM
06/23/18 04:20 AM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
The whole Philly regime seems like its' always turmoil brewing. Nicky was a paranoid fuck. Salvie deserved better than that.

Re: Leonetti [Re: Quiet_Doms] #944669
06/23/18 12:28 PM
06/23/18 12:28 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Quiet_Doms
The whole Philly regime seems like its' always turmoil brewing. Nicky was a paranoid fuck. Salvie deserved better than that.

Nick being stuck in the 30’s-40’s thinking guys are not going to rat but they will kill to me seams to be it and what he seen in the life since very young boy in NY was kill kill kill and it guarantees silence the man’s rackets and one less person to worry about until the new breed of gangster that will not do time !!!

Horrible what went down with Salvie butNick stuck with Chuckie wishes when he should of done it differently Salvie was a major asset .

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/23/18 12:32 PM.

Re: Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #944850
06/25/18 01:01 AM
06/25/18 01:01 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Serpiente
QD I remember the time and Salvi being in Ventnor at his spot on the bay but he was always around in summer he had business and property here .

As far as a sit down I wish I was privy to that information because it went from sort of alright that he dumped Chuckie’s daughter to full on looking and people were asking once it got out of the inner circle.

I still say it was Chuckie and the strings he was pulling in Philly to make things look a lot worse for Salvie and one a made guy gets wind someone is getting hit they are like sharks looking to get his spot and rackets ! It was really gross !

In Phil's book & the Crow's book , they both said Salvie was layin' low & not showing up 4 meets etc. , in that summer...so why would he b down the shore so often if he was jitterey , & also ..they could have just whacked the poor guy if they knew he was down there??....poor Salvie , if it were not 4 Scarfo's paranoia , he & Philip might just b the kings of Phila./A.C. 2day!

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Leonetti [Re: hoodlum] #944858
06/25/18 07:31 AM
06/25/18 07:31 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by hoodlum

In Phil's book & the Crow's book , they both said Salvie was layin' low & not showing up 4 meets etc. , in that summer...so why would he b down the shore so often if he was jitterey , & also ..they could have just whacked the poor guy if they knew he was down there??....poor Salvie , if it were not 4 Scarfo's paranoia , he & Philip might just b the kings of Phila./A.C. 2day!

I never read any books other then Phil’s but I did not mean that necessarily it was summer of 84 when he was hiding... in general that was his M/O in summer to be here . To be honest with you I can’t remember that summer at all . The only reason I remember that time period was because of Salvi getting hit and I can’t remember when that was.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #945014
06/26/18 02:18 AM
06/26/18 02:18 AM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
hey Serp, now that Nicky has passed and a lot of the guys are home from doing bids... any chance Phil will tell the WHOLE story for a film?

Re: Leonetti [Re: Quiet_Doms] #945026
06/26/18 06:44 AM
06/26/18 06:44 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Quiet_Doms
hey Serp, now that Nicky has passed and a lot of the guys are home from doing bids... any chance Phil will tell the WHOLE story for a film?

Don’t know but he was in Ducktown with James Leonard a few months back and that’s how the first book started but I do not know for sure.

The guy knows how to make money and he knows that story is huge if done right and with many of the (Big) guys he put away are dead or close possible he gets it out there

Re: Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #949657
08/11/18 04:02 AM
08/11/18 04:02 AM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
hey Serp, i know this has been asked a million times but what was Phil REALLY like? on a day to day basis did he give off a cold blooded demeanor?

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #949738
08/11/18 09:33 PM
08/11/18 09:33 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Very clam and very polite as a teen then he spent more time with Nick and he was a little different but nothing crazy just was not around much as before then he started dressing different you would see him ona different pay phone all over AC and boards.

But he was a good dude he respected his elders and his younger family members not a dick at all unless crossed . Now don’t get me wrong his head blew up cos he was good looking and had cash and more power each day till he didn’t.

He is the same in life that you see in all the interviews other then he did have a mean streak when he needed.

Last edited by Serpiente; 08/11/18 09:35 PM.

Re: Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #949834
08/12/18 07:05 PM
08/12/18 07:05 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Very clam and very polite as a teen then he spent more time with Nick and he was a little different but nothing crazy just was not around much as before then he started dressing different you would see him ona different pay phone all over AC and boards.

But he was a good dude he respected his elders and his younger family members not a dick at all unless crossed . Now don’t get me wrong his head blew up cos he was good looking and had cash and more power each day till he didn’t.

He is the same in life that you see in all the interviews other then he did have a mean streak when he needed.

Thanx Serp...that was nice of u 2 get a little personal w/ us...we all know that u have had more time than any of us near that famiglia .....everybody loves ur posts...U once told me that they ate White House Subs on Saturday afternoons ,,that was cool & sort of personal...I cant imagine Nicky Scarfo shoving a hoagie down his little throat....just laughing thinking about it...that poor scumbag didn't probably know how 2 eat pussy correctly...lol..

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #950015
08/14/18 07:39 AM
08/14/18 07:39 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
The family (blood) that is in summer would have Philly and NY and from western PA relatives down and of course there were 20 kids and Ducktown being very very close they let the kids go to White Hose and Panarelli Italian Bakery and of course the ice cream on Florida ave but yeah it was a normal family and Nick and Phil did not go out to much other then In the day to local places other then lunch at the local Italian restaurants and they were late lunches, Phil you would see running into all the business that had a phone booth but not at Angeloni’s.......that was known to be tapped and at the end the phones even up on the boards were , you see we knew this because for most part for 20 years the phone man was a local that grew up in Ducktown and then moved his family to Northfield but still was connected to the neighborhood so if we seen any otherBell Tel guys it was most likely a tap and of course people were put on them to check.

Last edited by Serpiente; 08/14/18 06:04 PM.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #950022
08/14/18 10:01 AM
08/14/18 10:01 AM
B
Biggie Offline
Capo
Biggie  Offline
B
Capo
great stuff , serp..different times, different world..when neighborhoods meant something

Re: Leonetti [Re: hoodlum] #950037
08/14/18 12:55 PM
08/14/18 12:55 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by hoodlum

Thanx Serp...that was nice of u 2 get a little personal w/ us...we all know that u have had more time than any of us near that famiglia .....everybody loves ur posts...U once told me that they ate White House Subs on Saturday afternoons ,,that was cool & sort of personal...I cant imagine Nicky Scarfo shoving a hoagie down his little throat....just laughing thinking about it...that poor scumbag didn't probably know how 2 eat pussy correctly...lol..

I agree with Hood. I appreciate the first hand knowledge.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #950085
08/14/18 06:15 PM
08/14/18 06:15 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
When Nick moved up you would not see Phil hardly at all even on the Scaf Inc. jobs he had Pat running the jobs and he is still in business to this day.

The laborers for Scarf Inc were mostly Italian and in one way or the other relatives or in laws thing , like all Phil’s girls brothers were on the crew

The neighborhood was a great place to grow up we lived on an island around seven miles long with four city’s and for the most part we knew everyone one way or another.

It was so close that when bookies came into town even if Nick gave the ok they just could not gain trust . Now one of these guy is a skipper now up north Beep’s and he opens a pool hall 200 ft. from Angeloni’s and had card games and book and he lasted two years .

We all know uncle Joe’s deal he could not get rolling here but it’s over now !!!

And Beeps came in the late 70’s like 77-78 maybe did not last past 80-81 back to northjersey.

Last edited by Serpiente; 08/14/18 06:20 PM.

Re: Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #950306
08/15/18 06:58 PM
08/15/18 06:58 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo

His eyes are so dead. Always been a good looking guy but very creepy. Now that Scarfo Sr. has passed, will we ever get Phil to write a script. I know there’s a lot more he didn’t put into his book!

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #950311
08/15/18 07:28 PM
08/15/18 07:28 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I don’t know how much I have posted on this but I know I have told a few people here that I have known for some years so having said that he was here and the people he was with were same with the book .

There is more but not about a book or a movie just some personal stuff and I have a feeling he has been around kind of often and for good reason.

I guess we can take that with want we want cos it could of been just a meet with business partner or similar.

Last edited by Serpiente; 08/15/18 07:29 PM.

Re: Leonetti [Re: Serpiente] #950438
08/16/18 08:31 PM
08/16/18 08:31 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
I don’t know how much I have posted on this but I know I have told a few people here that I have known for some years so having said that he was here and the people he was with were same with the book .

There is more but not about a book or a movie just some personal stuff and I have a feeling he has been around kind of often and for good reason.

I guess we can take that with want we want cos it could of been just a meet with business partner or similar.

Serp we could only hope. That film done the right way could be a classic like Goodfellas!

Re: Leonetti [Re: Quiet_Doms] #950723
08/19/18 01:50 AM
08/19/18 01:50 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Serp, the man u speak of James Leonard, according 2 Phil in his book, is a lawyer..I guess they sort out the details of the legalities of what infractions may happen if Phil mentions certain places, names & such..

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #950734
08/19/18 09:16 AM
08/19/18 09:16 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Quiet Dom,Hoodlum

Yeah it could be a monster hit and would make them / him Phil very rich knowing him he always lands on his feet and always has.

Yeah Phil has learned a lot through the years and I am sure he is making sure the royalties are his / family if this happened and now with sr dead I am sure he has checked with Chris and I don’t know how that’s going to work out because Chris does not like the attention and he don’t need the money but that kind of money is not easy passed up .

Possibly that’s another thing Chris would want control over any lies and embellishments that Philip put in his book to make himself look better or to sell books we all know that shit gets twisted after the first person tells it.

Re: Leonetti [Re: bobbytran] #954859
10/05/18 09:03 PM
10/05/18 09:03 PM
Dixie,ofcourse
M
MemphisMafia Offline
Made Member
MemphisMafia  Offline
M
Made Member
Dixie,ofcourse
Hey Serpiente,you know I have always enjoyed your post.I have been reading Breaking The Mob.It is written by the cop who turned Mario Riccobene and the guys who shot Salvie, that Deluca guy and the Moran guy.His first hand accounts are dang good reading.He suggest from what I gather that Leonetti,who always claims he was pissed at Scarfo for killing Testa actually feared Salvie would one day take over.That the future of the family would come down to those two.That Testa was more ruthless,at 28 a seasoned mobster.Testa had a crew that was deadly and loyal.The Milano brothers,the Grande brothers, the Punges, Narducci brothers.Leonetti feared this and actually pushed for his murder.The cop states that he wired a phone call where Testa called Scarfo and told him Chuck Merlino was a piece of shit, a drunk and couldn't handle business.So Testa saw this in Merlino even before Scarfo.Scarfo and Leonetti both feared Salvie I believe.Do you believe Leonetti was sad over his "friend" salvies death

Last edited by MemphisMafia; 10/05/18 09:09 PM.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull