GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, The_Marble_Guy), 107 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,154
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948753
07/30/18 05:48 PM
07/30/18 05:48 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Agreed , that is a given .Paul was a smart man..abeit also dumb.. in being conned into a lure such as he had,,& also making Tommy B \ilotti his # 2 ...that was not 2 smart...he should have double thought his moves...maybe made Tommy Gambino his underboss & all the dominoes would have fallen in place.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: hoodlum] #948755
07/30/18 06:04 PM
07/30/18 06:04 PM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Originally Posted by kingoflittlenewyork
Believe Carlo was caught on a wiretap or told an informant something along the lines of Neil was expendable, so obviously Carlo didn't hold him in high regard.

If you ever run across that I would love to see it. Not saying you're lying or anything, it just sounds interesting and the Gambino's is not someone I follow that close other than reading Sammy's book which was probably full of bullshit I imagine.

Originally Posted by Japseye1
John was going to do it regardless. I think that was another reason for it to be justified and maybe pushed him over the edge who really knows

I agree, John would have found ANY excuse to clip Paul. He found any excuse he could use to justify the hit.

Carlo never was caught on any tape , speaking or otherwise..that man was too shrwed.... after 27 yrs. of mob info ,& friends in the biz & inteI...I never heard that man speak....Dixie,,what is this thing of SC u speak of...I'm not 2 savvy w/ computers..u say @ the top of the forum...I don't c it

It must have been an informant thenor I could just be wrong considering its coming off the top of my head. But I seem to remember reading it somewhere. I will try to find it when I get home. SC is a mod on this forum.

Last edited by kingoflittlenewyork; 07/30/18 06:08 PM.
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: hoodlum] #948757
07/30/18 06:11 PM
07/30/18 06:11 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Agreed , that is a given .Paul was a smart man..abeit also dumb.. in being conned into a lure such as he had,,& also making Tommy B \ilotti his # 2 ...that was not 2 smart...he should have double thought his moves...maybe made Tommy Gambino his underboss & all the dominoes would have fallen in place.

Well i agree about Bilotti. They were an odd couple and polar opposites so its weird that he was Pauls right hand man. Obviously Paul wanted some muscle around him all the time but giving him such a high position wasnt too smart. Im not trying to say Paul was a great boss BUT i think Carlo wanted someone who would take the family more into white collar crimes and wouldnt be flashy. Neil was well respected but he was at the core a street thug and was constantly under indictment.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: hoodlum] #948758
07/30/18 06:15 PM
07/30/18 06:15 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss

Carlo never was caught on any tape , speaking or otherwise..that man was too shrwed.... after 27 yrs. of mob info ,& friends in the biz & inteI...I never heard that man speak....Dixie,,what is this thing of SC u speak of...I'm not 2 savvy w/ computers..u say @ the top of the forum...I don't c it

This has nothing to do with Gambino on tape talking about Dellacroce but here is an excerpt from the following link that says Gambino and his wife were caught on tape in Florida while on vacation.

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/frie...-files-boss-of-bosses-carlo-gambino.html

"The FBI planted a bug in the long-married couple's hotel room during their March 1962 vacation to Miami, FL where they stayed at the Golden Gate, and Carlo gloated about his days at the track and Catherine complained about the Jews. Apparently Mrs. Gambino had an anti-Semitic streak: "She also stated that there were too many Jews there and she says she feels these Jews drink too much. She stated that she feels she is better than they are." As the wife of a bootlegger Mrs. Gambino apparently missed the irony in complaining about "these Jews" who "drink too much" but, of course, self-delusion is the first refuge of a mob wife.

The marriage sounded thoroughly loveless with endless bickering based on the FBI eavesdropping of the Gambino hotel room. Carlo on one occasion called Catherine a "shrew" with "a sharp tongue," and on another occasion cursed at her and "then told his wife that she talked too much and if she did not shut up, he would cut her tongue off."

Nice guy this Don Carlo lol

There are a lot of FBI reports about Gambino linked in that article as well.

Last edited by Michael_Giovanni; 07/30/18 06:20 PM.
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: JCrusher] #948762
07/30/18 06:32 PM
07/30/18 06:32 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
This is very true...Bilotti was a mook at the very least..a gorilla knuckle dragger....my autistic 8 yr. old grandson has more sense than him...Carlo did in fact want a more intelligent pilot @ the helm & Big Paulie could have been the man..but his manerrisms ,(banging his maid?)...no respect 4 his wife??? ....shot his respect down the fuckin' chute' in front of his cohorts as well as his inner family...an asshole 2 say the least 4 a 64 yr old.man.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948764
07/30/18 06:54 PM
07/30/18 06:54 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

What is it with rich, powerful men banging their homely looking maids when they've already got the good stuff?

Castellano, Schwarzenegger..

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: hoodlum] #948767
07/30/18 07:40 PM
07/30/18 07:40 PM
J
Japseye1 Offline
BANNED
Japseye1  Offline
BANNED
J
Made Member
making Tommy B \ilotti his # 2 ...that was not 2 smart...he should have double thought his moves...maybe made Tommy Gambino his underboss & all the dominoes would have fallen in place.

I never understood why he made Tommy his underboss... well I do but it was the dumbest move he could make. Did he think he could dictate and hope people would just roll over?

I remember the Sammy interview and Paul praised the cops in a meeting saying "you know who the real tough guys are, the cops, they go on domestic and disturbance calls, they never know what they are going to run into" and then DeMeo said "well if he likes the cops so much maybe he should tell them do the hits"

I believe people tolerated him because obviously he was the boss but also out of respect for Carlo

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: jace] #948797
07/31/18 10:48 AM
07/31/18 10:48 AM
N
night_timer Offline OP
Capo
night_timer  Offline OP
N
Capo
Originally Posted by jace
Did Dellacroce really even want to be boss? He had. a long career without major trouble, was near end of his life, and had a lot of power without the added heat of the boss spot. I wonder if Gotti wanted Dellacroce to be boss way more than Dellacroce wanted the position.

That's a good point. Gotti was pissed that Neil was snubbed for the top spot, but Dellacroce didn't seem to mind. He accepted the decision and respected the hierarchy of the Mob.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948820
07/31/18 05:18 PM
07/31/18 05:18 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by night_timer
Did Dellacroce really even want to be boss? He had. a long career without major trouble, was near end of his life, and had a lot of power without the added heat of the boss spot. I wonder if Gotti wanted Dellacroce to be boss way more than Dellacroce wanted the position.

That's a good point. Gotti was pissed that Neil was snubbed for the top spot, but Dellacroce didn't seem to mind. He accepted the decision and respected the hierarchy of the Mob.

On a radio show today Howie Carr said regarding Paul Manafort taking the position as Trumps campaign advisor: " It's like the Gambino family, Gotti got the boss because everyone else was smart enough to know not to take it."

Last edited by jace; 07/31/18 05:18 PM.
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: jace] #948821
07/31/18 05:26 PM
07/31/18 05:26 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by night_timer

On a radio show today Howie Carr said regarding Paul Manafort taking the position as Trumps campaign advisor: " It's like the Gambino family, Gotti got the boss because everyone else was smart enough to know not to take it."

Yeah i think thats right. Frank Decicco let gotti be boss for that very reason IMO

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948823
07/31/18 06:28 PM
07/31/18 06:28 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i take anything sammy the bull says with a grain of salt he painted big paul like a dumb ass pansy. i think the guy with the blog did a interview with mike scars and he told about how paul was ruthless and a sart biz guy. he just got caught slipping. maybe he went to the wake and met with all the old timers he wouldnt have gotten hit a week later but will never know

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948824
07/31/18 06:29 PM
07/31/18 06:29 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

might have stopped the whole plot.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948836
07/31/18 08:19 PM
07/31/18 08:19 PM
J
Japseye1 Offline
BANNED
Japseye1  Offline
BANNED
J
Made Member
The only way the hit would of got stopped was if Paul appointed Gotti underboss or consigliere which never happened, probably not even considered lol

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948837
07/31/18 08:20 PM
07/31/18 08:20 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
Showing up for the funeral still doesn't change the fact that Gotti, ange, and the whole crew felt like Paul was gonna whack them imo

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #948844
07/31/18 08:50 PM
07/31/18 08:50 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Showing up for the funeral still doesn't change the fact that Gotti, ange, and the whole crew felt like Paul was gonna whack them imo

That is the main and maybe only reason for Gotti killing Castellano. If not for wanting to protect Ruggerio, Gotti may have been content to stay a captain.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: jace] #948845
07/31/18 09:01 PM
07/31/18 09:01 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

That is the main and maybe only reason for Gotti killing Castellano. If not for wanting to protect Ruggerio, Gotti may have been content to stay a captain.

i think gotti always wanted to be the boss or he may have been placated if he was named underboss. Supposedly Paul had floated around the idea if he went to jail of a three man ruling panel consisting of gotti tommy gambini and bilotti but john hated that idea

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948846
07/31/18 09:07 PM
07/31/18 09:07 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
JCrusher:

"i think gotti always wanted to be the boss or he may have been placated if he was named underboss. Supposedly Paul had floated around the idea if he went to jail of a three man ruling panel consisting of gotti tommy gambini and bilotti but john hated that idea"

I think Gotti was not big on taking orders, if that's what you mean.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948862
08/01/18 04:20 AM
08/01/18 04:20 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Where did this three man panel originate from? Why would he appoint Gotti of all people? Bilotti and the nephew can be trusted by Big Paul. Not Gotti.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: mackinblack007] #948891
08/01/18 09:08 AM
08/01/18 09:08 AM
S
sbhc Offline
Made Member
sbhc  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by mackinblack007
Gotti skipped big Paul's lol, Paul was put out of his misery , he had numerous pianos over his head .

Agreed, he only had about another year left on the streets anyway.

He was going to prison for life on the Commission Trial.

Death is a better option than going to prison in your 70s.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: sbhc] #948894
08/01/18 09:18 AM
08/01/18 09:18 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by sbhc
Gotti skipped big Paul's lol, Paul was put out of his misery , he had numerous pianos over his head .

These guys get excellent healthcare in prison. Better than what they would get on the outside. Ever wonder why guys like Persico, Scarfo, Amuso and Manna can reach their late-eighties and early-nineties?

They get more nutrition in their meals than kids in high school, too; probably get more outdoor exercise than they would get on the outside.

If it wasn't for sex and family, prison wouldn't be all that bad, but in your fifties and sixties, when these guys go to prison, you probably aren't consumed by sex anymore anyways.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: Moe_Tilden] #948952
08/01/18 06:48 PM
08/01/18 06:48 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by sbhc

These guys get excellent healthcare in prison. Better than what they would get on the outside. Ever wonder why guys like Persico, Scarfo, Amuso and Manna can reach their late-eighties and early-nineties?

They get more nutrition in their meals than kids in high school, too; probably get more outdoor exercise than they would get on the outside.

If it wasn't for sex and family, prison wouldn't be all that bad, but in your fifties and sixties, when these guys go to prison, you probably aren't consumed by sex anymore anyways.

Lol how old is Whitey? 84? Already got a female guard in trouble and got caught choking his chicken!

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948970
08/01/18 11:17 PM
08/01/18 11:17 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
Excellent health care, good food, ,,?

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948971
08/01/18 11:29 PM
08/01/18 11:29 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
No one in prison gets good health care or good food. The correction officers avoid the medic on duty in prison and go to the local hospital for treatment if hurt at work. Where does the myth of quality health care in prisons come from?

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948986
08/02/18 08:48 AM
08/02/18 08:48 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

According to Good magazine, an average prison meal includes one-half cup of vegetables, one serving of fruit, and 3–4 ounces of meat. An average school meal, on the hand, forces kids to choose either the vegetables or the fruit and gives them about half as much meat.

Whether you’re eating in a prison or a school, the calorie count will be about the same. But the nutritional value is wildly different. Prisons will make sure you’re getting your four food groups, while schools tend to just pad all those calories with starches and carbohydrates.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/prison-food-better-school-food

Prisons are morally obligated to take care of the elderly. In nursing homes, elderly patients’ long-term illnesses are often ignored, but prisons are legally required to treat elderly patients for free. If an elderly person in prison has cancer, the doctors have no choice but to give him the best possible care, even if they have to shackle him to a hospital bed to do it.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/5912064/if-you-are-elderly-and-poor-prison-is-better-than-a-retirement-home

Prisons in the US usually pay doctors better than hospitals outside of prison, often resulting in better care. And in prison, the doctors actually have to help the patients, even if they don’t have money.

Though the US Constitution doesn’t guarantee citizens the right to health care, it does guarantee prisoners the right to health care. Under the Eighth Amendment, it is considered “cruel and unusual punishment” to deny a prisoner access to the medical, mental, and even dental care that they need, free of charge.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/california-inmates-get-better-health-care-than-regular-citizens

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948992
08/02/18 09:58 AM
08/02/18 09:58 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
hello Moe..forget the "reports" after you do prison time come back and give your report. practical learning is a far better barometer..

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #948995
08/02/18 10:36 AM
08/02/18 10:36 AM
K
Capo
K
Capo
He does make a good point imo. Look at Sonny and Cigars. Sonny has spent decades in jail and he is still going strong. Cigar spent probably half of his life in jail and was still going strong when they finally killed him. I'm sure there are other examples where weaker minded individuals had their life cut short due to the mental stress.

People I've known came out of jail looking much better after spending 2 or 3 years inside but that most likely had more to do with them not having access to meth, actually sleeping more than a few hours a week and eating three times a day.

All said though I don't think people are ever going to be lining up to go to the can just because they are old and don't have healthcare.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: bronx] #949025
08/02/18 04:20 PM
08/02/18 04:20 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left
Originally Posted by bronx
hello Moe..forget the "reports" after you do prison time come back and give your report. practical learning is a far better barometer..

Yep. The medical care is just bare bones, and the dental is nonexistent. The few people I know that were in federal prisons had to spend thousands on dental work when they were released.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #949054
08/02/18 10:59 PM
08/02/18 10:59 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
They also have hep c infection spreading like wild fire , cancer causing water supplies , and the drs give people mental health meds they dont need to make them zombies.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #949056
08/03/18 01:14 AM
08/03/18 01:14 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I'll wager no one has ever heard of an inmate saying he misses prison food.

Re: Was Big Paul smart to avoid the Dellacroce funeral [Re: night_timer] #949074
08/03/18 11:45 AM
08/03/18 11:45 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Well it isn't supposed to be the Boy Scouts, but it isn't a gulag either.

There has to be some kind of deterrent that makes people not want to recidivate.

There are all kinds of opportunities for people to upscale in prison, if they want to; books, educational programs..

And @helenwheels, if the people you know were in prison for drugs/alcohol fused/related crimes then they probably weren't taking very good care of their teeth in the first place.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull