GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Trump Supporters: #942999
06/10/18 11:51 AM
06/10/18 11:51 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
If Trump became a dictator, refused to vacate the office if voted out or impeached, refused to surrender to authorities if charged with a crime, would you still support him?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943000
06/10/18 12:02 PM
06/10/18 12:02 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

If proven that the previous administration and the deep state attempted a coup,by using the fake Russian dossier to overthrow Trump. In my view it would be justified for Trump to arrest everyone of them and charge them for treason.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: Ciment] #943001
06/10/18 12:07 PM
06/10/18 12:07 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Got you down for a non answer, Ciment. Thank you for replying.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943002
06/10/18 12:17 PM
06/10/18 12:17 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Got you down for a non answer, Ciment. Thank you for replying.

Your welcome !

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943008
06/10/18 12:50 PM
06/10/18 12:50 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Anyone else decline to say for certain that they wouldn't support Trump as a U.S. dictator?

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943017
06/10/18 01:50 PM
06/10/18 01:50 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
I don't support giving the federal government any more power than it already has

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943019
06/10/18 01:51 PM
06/10/18 01:51 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Just another thread with bait.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943026
06/10/18 02:07 PM
06/10/18 02:07 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Simple question, Dixie. Would you support Trump if he refused to leave office, refused to surrender to prosecution?

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943101
06/11/18 12:40 AM
06/11/18 12:40 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Online content
Special
mustachepete  Online Content
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
If Trump became a dictator, refused to vacate the office if voted out or impeached, refused to surrender to authorities if charged with a crime, would you still support him?

I don't think there's anything in the Constitution that prohibits people supporting someone for office, so what you have is essentially an ethical question. You'd have to supply a lot more detail to consider the hypothetical.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: mustachepete] #943102
06/11/18 01:08 AM
06/11/18 01:08 AM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by mustachepete

I don't think there's anything in the Constitution that prohibits people supporting someone for office, so what you have is essentially an ethical question. You'd have to supply a lot more detail to consider the hypothetical.

I didn't say there was anything illegal about supporting someone for office. And, yes, clearly it was an ethical question. More detail? What detail do you need? President is indicted and refuses to surrender to arrest, or president is impeached or voted out and refuses to leave office. Would you still support him, assuming you're a Trump supporter? I'm not sure I could make the question any simpler.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943103
06/11/18 01:25 AM
06/11/18 01:25 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by mustachepete

I didn't say there was anything illegal about supporting someone for office. And, yes, clearly it was an ethical question. More detail? What detail do you need? President is indicted and refuses to surrender to arrest, or president is impeached or voted out and refuses to leave office. Would you still support him, assuming you're a Trump supporter? I'm not sure I could make the question any simpler.

The question wasn't directed at me, but I will throw this out there:

If Trump was impeached by Congress and made a decision about the continuance of his tenure, I would support it. Why? Because it would be the law. Also, for Republicans to impeach and convict a Republican might mean the indicted was very guilty. So all the more reason to support it. BUT....that is separate from Trump's main policies...which are also sometimes centered around the rule of law.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943104
06/11/18 01:34 AM
06/11/18 01:34 AM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
I meant fully impeached, approved by the senate. You guys want to just keep dancing around semantics as if my question isn't clear as day and plainly obvious. Senate approved, impeachment complete. Eviction notice. He refuses to leave. Do you support him?

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943111
06/11/18 06:55 AM
06/11/18 06:55 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Online content
Special
mustachepete  Online Content
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
[quote=mustachepete]

Your question is extremely vague, and therefore unclear. The first thing that should be obvious is that a person's answer shouldn't depend on who the specific president is. It should depend on the circumstances that surround the acts you're proposing. You've omitted any specification of circumstances from your hypothetical, so it's unanswerable as posed.

The question, obviously, is a variant of the "will you support whoever is nominated/accept the result of the election?" question posed to candidates. The answer to that question always has to be, "It depends on the circumstances." If the election proves to have been carried out outside of bounds consistent with democracy, then both the candidates and the voters have a duty to resist that outcome.

This hypothetical is the same: just as a person can't personally ratify an election until he or she knows the circumstances, the person can't arbitrarily pre-approve the removal of an office holder. In fact, the only person who would arbitrarily approve that is someone who knows the process is being abused, and who is trying to get pledges of support from those who are not yet aware of the abuse.

Again, it's necessary to know more detail about the circumstances surrounding the hypothetical before a responsible citizen could respond.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943124
06/11/18 07:56 AM
06/11/18 07:56 AM
I
Inmate Offline
Associate
Inmate  Offline
I
Associate
I would certainly support him. He gets results. How can anyone not like this guy, he is a tremendous president. I know of no other presiden who accomplished so much in so little time, the man is a machine.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943131
06/11/18 08:53 AM
06/11/18 08:53 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Despite what liberals say Trump isnt a dictator. First off he isnt getting impeached. Lets be honest the whole Russian collusion is bullshit. For 18 ,months we havent seen even a shred of evidence and its become comical at this point. If he did something wrong that put our nation at risk then yes i wouldnt support him BUT that hasnt happened. Unemployment is down and he is about to meet with korea to end that whole nonsense since the "brillant" did such fabulous job on that situation. Sorry for the rant but ive gotten so tired of this crap. I understand that the left are still butthurt they lost the election but rooting for the president to fail is just crazy.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943145
06/11/18 10:58 AM
06/11/18 10:58 AM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Mustache, your non answer is noted. No point in wasting any more of your own time or mine.

Inmate, you'd support a U.S. dictator. Thanks for your honesty. I think most Trump supporters would, but some here are afraid to admit it for some reason, and would rather play this silly game of picking apart every word in the question.

JCrusher, you're not answering the question. The operative word is clearly "if".

If Trump were impeached and refused to vacate, or if Trump were indicted and refused to surrender to authorities, would you still support him? Simple, really.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943150
06/11/18 11:35 AM
06/11/18 11:35 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Mustache, your non answer is noted. No point in wasting any more of your own time or mine.

Inmate, you'd support a U.S. dictator. Thanks for your honesty. I think most Trump supporters would, but some here are afraid to admit it for some reason, and would rather play this silly game of picking apart every word in the question.

JCrusher, you're not answering the question. The operative word is clearly "if".

If Trump were impeached and refused to vacate, or if Trump were indicted and refused to surrender to authorities, would you still support him? Simple, really.

um....I did answer the question. I said if he did something wrong then I would NOT support him.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943153
06/11/18 11:45 AM
06/11/18 11:45 AM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
That wasn't the question. The question was that if he were indicted, or impeached, and refused to surrender/vacate, would you support him? Whether he did anything "wrong" would clearly be subjective. One person's right is another's wrong. I asked clearly, if he were impeached, or indicted, and refused to comply with either. And, thus, effectively became a dictator, would you still support?

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943155
06/11/18 11:57 AM
06/11/18 11:57 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
That wasn't the question. The question was that if he were indicted, or impeached, and refused to surrender/vacate, would you support him? Whether he did anything "wrong" would clearly be subjective. One person's right is another's wrong. I asked clearly, if he were impeached, or indicted, and refused to comply with either. And, thus, effectively became a dictator, would you still support?

no need to get pissy. I was trying to answer your question nicely but I won’t be talked to like that

Last edited by JCrusher; 06/11/18 11:59 AM.
Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943157
06/11/18 12:29 PM
06/11/18 12:29 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
You didn't answer the question at all. I didn't ask you if you would support Trump whether he did "anything wrong". Obviously, whether he did anything "wrong" would be a matter of personal opinion, and impossible to determine with any scientific standards. If he were impeached or indicted, however, and refused to comply with either, you would have tangible outcomes where one would either support him or not. This was the question. If he were indicted or impeached, and refused to surrender or vacate, would you still support him? The question stands, you're still ducking it. At least Right Pride (under the alias, "Inmate") admitted he would support Trump the dictator. Pete, Alfa and yourself chose to respond without answering the question, for some reason.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943160
06/11/18 12:36 PM
06/11/18 12:36 PM
G
Gallinari Offline
BANNED
Gallinari  Offline
BANNED
G
Wiseguy
Long Live The Rooster.

@ SC, disappointed in you that you had to stoop to name calling. But youre the boss. Feel bad for you too now.

@ Loscalzo, your nonsense about Tampa still holds no weight and Ive been vindicated many times over.

All the best to Nickle, Bensonhurst, Cabrini, and Giacomo. Keep up the good posts in my absence

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943181
06/11/18 12:46 PM
06/11/18 12:46 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
You didn't answer the question at all. I didn't ask you if you would support Trump whether he did "anything wrong". Obviously, whether he did anything "wrong" would be a matter of personal opinion, and impossible to determine with any scientific standards. If he were impeached or indicted, however, and refused to comply with either, you would have tangible outcomes where one would either support him or not. This was the question. If he were indicted or impeached, and refused to surrender or vacate, would you still support him? The question stands, you're still ducking it. At least Right Pride (under the alias, "Inmate") admitted he would support Trump the dictator. Pete, Alfa and yourself chose to respond without answering the question, for some reason.

. Not ducking anything. Like others have said your question is kinda vague. There are many factors that go into it. But whatever obviously you are getting pissed for some reason so I’m gonna check out

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943185
06/11/18 12:48 PM
06/11/18 12:48 PM
G
Gallinari Offline
BANNED
Gallinari  Offline
BANNED
G
Wiseguy
Trump is a Don

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943187
06/11/18 12:52 PM
06/11/18 12:52 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
The question isn't vague. There are no outlying factors necessary to answer the question.

It's about as simple of a question as you will ever get.

If Trump were indicted, and refused to surrender, or, if Trump were impeached, and refused to vacate office, would you support?

I didn't ask if you would support him if you believed he did nothing wrong, or if these outcomes weren't justified in your opinion, I asked if you would support him in these events, no matter the circumstances.

Would you support a sitting president who evaded prosecution or refused to leave if impeached?

Yes, No, or non answer.

So far, only the banned little critter Right Pride/Rooster/Inmate/Gallinari has answered. Bless his soul.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943195
06/11/18 12:56 PM
06/11/18 12:56 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
The question isn't vague. There are no outlying factors necessary to answer the question.

It's about as simple of a question as you will ever get.

If Trump were indicted, and refused to surrender, or, if Trump were impeached, and refused to vacate office, would you support?

I didn't ask if you would support him if you believed he did nothing wrong, or if these outcomes weren't justified in your opinion, I asked if you would support him in these events, no matter the circumstances.

Would you support a sitting president who evaded prosecution or refused to leave if impeached?

Yes, No, or non answer.

So far, only the banned little critter Right Pride/Rooster/Inmate/Gallinari has answered. Bless his soul.

non answer

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: JCrusher] #943197
06/11/18 12:58 PM
06/11/18 12:58 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted by JCrusher

. Not ducking anything. Like others have said your question is kinda vague. There are many factors that go into it. But whatever obviously you are getting pissed for some reason so I’m gonna check out

Wise decision Crusher................ I applaud you. Some individuals here on this board want to suppress speech. They're really after republicans & conservatives or anyone with an opposing opinion. It is sad that it has tcome to this.

Last edited by Ciment; 06/11/18 01:00 PM.
Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: Ciment] #943198
06/11/18 01:00 PM
06/11/18 01:00 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Ciment

Wise decision Crusher................ I applaud you. Some individuals here on this board want to suppress speech. They're really after republicans & conservatives or anyone with an opposing opinion. It is sad that it has to come to this.

Thanks. It’s funny because I always try to be respectful even to the left but the shit they pull is just infuriating lol

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: OakAsFan] #943199
06/11/18 01:03 PM
06/11/18 01:03 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

This one individual said racist things about a black conservative woman and nothing happens to him.
He engages people then insults them and baits.

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: Ciment] #943200
06/11/18 01:06 PM
06/11/18 01:06 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Ciment
This one individual said racist things about a black conservative woman and nothing happens to him.
He engages people then insults them and baits.

Yup sounds like a liberal. They accuse Trump of being a bully and a racist yet they prove to be the real bullies. I have so many examples that it makes me sick just thinking about

Re: Trump Supporters: [Re: JCrusher] #943201
06/11/18 01:27 PM
06/11/18 01:27 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
I always try to be respectful

No you don't. You didn't even answer the question. You tried to change the question into something you felt more comfortable answering. You're making the point that you would support Trump in the event he evaded justice or impeachment if you felt the indictment or impeachments were unjustified. So, your answer is basically yes. You would support a Trump dictatorship. I don't know why you were so afraid to just say that. Right Pride did, under one of his many aliases. Maybe some of you just want to believe you still support democracy and due process even though you would forego those beliefs to stand by Trump.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull