GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Capri, 1 invisible), 104 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,356
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,193
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! #942396
06/05/18 01:40 AM
06/05/18 01:40 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline OP
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline OP
Underboss
n.e.philly
Today was my wife's ( during week) day off & we were considering were 2 go for a late lunch after she had some routine bloodwork done & took care of some other errands, so..after some discussion we decided on either the Reading Terminal Market or East Passyunk( south philly),,so she said South Philly...we hadn't been down there in a while..y not?? ..East Passyunk is really comin up w/ some nice restaurants lately so I said lets find a parking spot @ the end of the Passyunk & get some excersize & start walking up north of the ave. .....plenty of restaurants 2 choose from....also, as a mob sleuth I knew exactly where I was...I told her before we parked that Joey Chang Sr. hung out in front of a place called Stogie Joe's..& then forgot about it...we found a parking spot coincidentally near the storefront which was a candy shop back in 84' now a nail salon,that Salvie Testa was killed in ..I showed my wife discreetly..then , as we started walking north ,,my wife says "there's Stogie Joes"..I was like ..where??sure enough 4 stores ahead of us before I had time 2 swallow the lump in my throat..we were at his table outside w/ another man I didn't recognize..my wife said "hello" & he smiled nicely and said "good afternoon"...she was slightly ahead of me but I held her hand ....I proceeded w/ "Hey Joe"..& he gave me a befuddled look,,b-4 I could keep going ,he said , " do I know you"?..I stopped dead in my tracks & could feel the Becks beers I was drinking on I- 95 on the way down hitting me (my wife was driving) I said My father used 2 do business w/ ur older boss Mr. Bruno. at the Keebler Cookie factory in north philly ..my old man was a union guy on the loading docks"... with that he smiled & said "that was along time ago ,that joint shut down ( which is true)..I said I had a picture of him in Methodist Hospital from 1964 in a wheelchair (which I do)..& he just laughed & said " I used to box back in those days..I & my wife told him 2 have a nice afternoon & he said "U do the same kid & ur pretty Irish wife too"...now ,I don't know how he knew Kathleen was Irish..maybe by her red hair & freckly irish nose ..but he was very nice & cordial 2 say the least...by the time we got 2 eating, all my wife could say was "did u c the giant diamond ring on his finger??" which I did not 'cause I was so awestruck...I told Kathleen ..."Do u know how much power that man u just met has in the palm of his fucking hand? in his little pinky??I went on over his life as well as his son's lives @ dinner..she knew about my former connections but she has never met anyone so validated as Joey Chang Sr. sorry we couldn't take any pics....what a fuckin' day. Hoodlum 6/4/2018

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942398
06/05/18 03:11 AM
06/05/18 03:11 AM
C
Chicken713 Offline
Made Member
Chicken713  Offline
C
Made Member
Pretty cool coincidence

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942401
06/05/18 04:08 AM
06/05/18 04:08 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I would probably get into a fight with him and he would probably kick my ass like Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942417
06/05/18 10:14 AM
06/05/18 10:14 AM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
That’s pretty good story Hood. I actually saw Nicky the Whip a few weeks ago. He was sitting down with a couple guys who I know are connected so guess it’s safe to say The Whip is back in the mix of things. He was dressed very simply and was wearing those black sneakers that UPS delivery guys wear which kinda made me laugh considering how those guys usually dress pretty smart. Anyways, just thought it was relevant given your encounter. I’ve seen Joe Chang out there but haven’t had a reason to talk to him. He’s not very polite to people he doesn’t know who he feels are just mob watching so good thing you had a come-back for him that was relevant.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942419
06/05/18 10:22 AM
06/05/18 10:22 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I'd go up to him and ask how Joey is doing cos I'm socially awkward and always say the wrong things.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942429
06/05/18 11:26 AM
06/05/18 11:26 AM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Good Story Hoodlum. I think it's cool you mentioned his 'old boss Mr. Bruno'...how you just threw that out there all casual.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942446
06/05/18 02:09 PM
06/05/18 02:09 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Hoodlum-

Was his Grandson Mikey Chang, Jr. with him?

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942449
06/05/18 02:43 PM
06/05/18 02:43 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
How old is Chickie? He's gotta be like 84 or 85. Thanks for sharin that though.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: Moe_Tilden] #942453
06/05/18 02:57 PM
06/05/18 02:57 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
I'd go up to him and ask how Joey is doing cos I'm socially awkward and always say the wrong things.

moe you for sure the winner of the most funniest comments lol grin

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #942474
06/05/18 07:12 PM
06/05/18 07:12 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
How old is Chickie? He's gotta be like 84 or 85. Thanks for sharin that though.

He was born in 1934.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942476
06/05/18 07:34 PM
06/05/18 07:34 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
I wonder if you BEEFED with him, would Skinny approve a hit on a Gangsterbb member?

smile

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942493
06/05/18 09:35 PM
06/05/18 09:35 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Thanks for sharing hoodlum

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942495
06/05/18 09:37 PM
06/05/18 09:37 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Yes, very Cool.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942601
06/06/18 07:10 PM
06/06/18 07:10 PM
Barracuda Offline
Button
Barracuda  Offline
Button
Interesting old article I found about Chickie from the late 60s. Kind of hard to read but related to a Teamster related shooting which he was shot.

Attached Files IMG_0006 (1).PNGIMG_0007 (2).PNG
Last edited by Barracuda; 06/06/18 07:14 PM.
Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942602
06/06/18 07:20 PM
06/06/18 07:20 PM
J
Japseye1 Offline
BANNED
Japseye1  Offline
BANNED
J
Made Member
Should of asked him for a job

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #942607
06/06/18 07:48 PM
06/06/18 07:48 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by ItalianIrishMix
I wonder if you BEEFED with him, would Skinny approve a hit on a Gangsterbb member?

smile

Chang: this kid hoodlum and the GBB crew he runs with are no good. They need to be taught some respect.
Merlino: Ok you have my blessing. Make an example out of hoodlum and get rid of Moe_Tilden while your at it.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942608
06/06/18 07:54 PM
06/06/18 07:54 PM
Barracuda Offline
Button
Barracuda  Offline
Button
DeGeorge shot Him In Teamster Gunplay Defendant Tells Jury
By Frank McDevitt
Of The Inquirer Staff
Feb. 07 1969

Joseph (Chickie) Ciancaglini, self styled Teamster union "guard" testified Thursday that he was shot by dissident Teamster Robert A. DeGorge in gunplay in which DeGeorge was killed in front of Local 107 headquarters.

Ciancaglini took the witness stand in his own defense in the murder trial before jury in Judge James T. McDermott's Criminal Court. Four other mean als are charged in DeGeorge's slaying on Aug. 17, 1987.

Defense attorney A. Charles Peruto asked Ciancaglini only two questions:

"Who shot you?" and "Did you have a gun in your hand?"

"DeGeorge," said Ciancaglini to the first and "No," to the second.

The rest of Ciancaglini's story of the shootout at Front and Spring Garden Sts was told under cross examination by Assistant District Attornry Michael Baylson.

Ciancaglini said he had been hired as a "guard" by Loca 107 officers who were expecting "trouble" from the dissent faction.

DeGeorge drove up with two other men in a black Cadillac. Ciancaglini said he was ordered by Francis J. Sheeran, union business agent, to tell DeGeorge to move on because we "don't want any trouble".

"I went across the street and told him to move," Ciancaglini said. "I put my hands on the car door and told DeGeorge, "Why don't you move because we don't want no trouble today?"

Ciancaglini said to DeGeorge lifted an arm rest which divided the front seat of the car, revealing two guns. Seated in the front seat on the passenger's side was a friend of DeGeorge. James Cheri, also a dissident.

"He told Cheri to take one and he shoved the door open and I backed up," Ciancaglini testified. "As I backed up, he said, making a shoving motion, "to get away from him and he hit me in the side here."

"With what?" Baylson asked.

"With the bullet, the gun that fired," Ciancaglini said.

Ciancaglini said he ran and was hit twice in the back as her fled. He eventually appeared at Methodist Hospital. The defendant admitted he had lied to police who questioned him at the hospital when he told them he had not been at the scene of the shootout.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #942722
06/08/18 04:53 AM
06/08/18 04:53 AM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Thanks for that one Barracuda. Interesting to note he said he was ordered by Frank Sheeran of "I Heard You Paint Houses" fame.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #944813
06/24/18 06:03 PM
06/24/18 06:03 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline OP
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline OP
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by DanteMoltisanti
Hoodlum-

Was his Grandson Mikey Chang, Jr. with him?

no.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #944882
06/25/18 10:55 AM
06/25/18 10:55 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Hoodlum cool story my friend... remember i shares on here last year about drivin by stogie joes bein a creep and waving to chickie and john outside and one of em flipped me off lol cant remember which one... your story is way better tho obviouslh

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Today was my wife's ( during week) day off & we were considering were 2 go for a late lunch after she had some routine bloodwork done & took care of some other errands, so..after some discussion we decided on either the Reading Terminal Market or East Passyunk( south philly),,so she said South Philly...we hadn't been down there in a while..y not?? ..East Passyunk is really comin up w/ some nice restaurants lately so I said lets find a parking spot @ the end of the Passyunk & get some excersize & start walking up north of the ave. .....plenty of restaurants 2 choose from....also, as a mob sleuth I knew exactly where I was...I told her before we parked that Joey Chang Sr. hung out in front of a place called Stogie Joe's..& then forgot about it...we found a parking spot coincidentally near the storefront which was a candy shop back in 84' now a nail salon,that Salvie Testa was killed in ..I showed my wife discreetly..then , as we started walking north ,,my wife says "there's Stogie Joes"..I was like ..where??sure enough 4 stores ahead of us before I had time 2 swallow the lump in my throat..we were at his table outside w/ another man I didn't recognize..my wife said "hello" & he smiled nicely and said "good afternoon"...she was slightly ahead of me but I held her hand ....I proceeded w/ "Hey Joe"..& he gave me a befuddled look,,b-4 I could keep going ,he said , " do I know you"?..I stopped dead in my tracks & could feel the Becks beers I was drinking on I- 95 on the way down hitting me (my wife was driving) I said My father used 2 do business w/ ur older boss Mr. Bruno. at the Keebler Cookie factory in north philly ..my old man was a union guy on the loading docks"... with that he smiled & said "that was along time ago ,that joint shut down ( which is true)..I said I had a picture of him in Methodist Hospital from 1964 in a wheelchair (which I do)..& he just laughed & said " I used to box back in those days..I & my wife told him 2 have a nice afternoon & he said "U do the same kid & ur pretty Irish wife too"...now ,I don't know how he knew Kathleen was Irish..maybe by her red hair & freckly irish nose ..but he was very nice & cordial 2 say the least...by the time we got 2 eating, all my wife could say was "did u c the giant diamond ring on his finger??" which I did not 'cause I was so awestruck...I told Kathleen ..."Do u know how much power that man u just met has in the palm of his fucking hand? in his little pinky??I went on over his life as well as his son's lives @ dinner..she knew about my former connections but she has never met anyone so validated as Joey Chang Sr. sorry we couldn't take any pics....what a fuckin' day. Hoodlum 6/4/2018

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: mikeyballs211] #944889
06/25/18 11:45 AM
06/25/18 11:45 AM
South Jersey
S
ShotgunTheRifle Offline
Button
ShotgunTheRifle  Offline
S
Button
South Jersey
I stopped by Stogies about this time last year to grab some pizza. He was out there with some older guys hanging out. I told a co-worker who who is friendly with him. He described me and all that fun stuff to chick. And Chick says yea I seen him. Have him introduce himself next time. Maybe it's just me but I find it weird to introduce myself because the only real thing I know about him is the mob. And obviously im not going to that up.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #944922
06/25/18 03:04 PM
06/25/18 03:04 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

There's a lot of clips on YouTube of these guys mean mugging people driving and walking past. If not for that, then I would probably try and spy on them a little bit just for shits and giggles.

But I'm 6 ft. 2 so it's not easy for me to be inconspicuous.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: mikeyballs211] #944999
06/25/18 10:32 PM
06/25/18 10:32 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline OP
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline OP
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by mikeyballs211
Hoodlum cool story my friend... remember i shares on here last year about drivin by stogie joes bein a creep and waving to chickie and john outside and one of em flipped me off lol cant remember which one... your story is way better tho obviouslh

WTF,Mikey...where u been?????????

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #945076
06/26/18 05:59 PM
06/26/18 05:59 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
I was at Stogie Joes Sat afternoon after a flight into Philly Airport and saw Chickie outside with an older fat guy. The guy must live at that place.....

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #945081
06/26/18 06:23 PM
06/26/18 06:23 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by DanteMoltisanti
I was at Stogie Joes Sat afternoon after a flight into Philly Airport and saw Chickie outside with an older fat guy. The guy must live at that place.....

He still wearing those kickass shades?

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #945088
06/26/18 06:53 PM
06/26/18 06:53 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Yes

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: PHL_Mob] #945221
06/28/18 07:09 AM
06/28/18 07:09 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline OP
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline OP
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by PHL_Mob
That’s pretty good story Hood. I actually saw Nicky the Whip a few weeks ago. He was sitting down with a couple guys who I know are connected so guess it’s safe to say The Whip is back in the mix of things. He was dressed very simply and was wearing those black sneakers that UPS delivery guys wear which kinda made me laugh considering how those guys usually dress pretty smart. Anyways, just thought it was relevant given your encounter. I’ve seen Joe Chang out there but haven’t had a reason to talk to him. He’s not very polite to people he doesn’t know who he feels are just mob watching so good thing you had a come-back for him that was relevant.

Where did u see Nicky Milano??here in Philly?? I wonder if he talk's to his brother Gino (who flipped)..Mmmm..pretty cool.

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #945230
06/28/18 09:09 AM
06/28/18 09:09 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
That same day I saw Chickie at Stogie Joes I also saw Vince Procopio hanging out at 10th and Oregon at Oregon Steaks with a Yankees hat on. I wasn’t expecting to see anyone in South Philly that day because it was a Saturday and I figured everyone would be at the shore. I was only in South Philly to meet with a few of my friends that are South Philly born and raised that I became friends with when I dated a girl from South Philly whose family is connected years ago. I was craving Stogie Joes after my flight into Philly...

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: hoodlum] #945319
06/28/18 07:54 PM
06/28/18 07:54 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Brilliant story, guy must have some crazy stories. Main thing I remember about this old timer was when he hit someone with chuckie years ago. I didn’t like the way they let the guy beg before doing it. Think it was a capo also. Can’t remember where I read that.

Another south philly hit I remember reading about was some guy who had a beef with chuckle and Nicky from before they were somebody’s. they made the guys who were close to him, who were basically retired whack him and tie him up. Think I read this in caramandis book. Was Micky devito if I’m right

Re: 2 days meet w/Philly's consig ! [Re: streetbossliborio] #945402
06/29/18 04:28 PM
06/29/18 04:28 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline OP
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline OP
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Brilliant story, guy must have some crazy stories. Main thing I remember about this old timer was when he hit someone with chuckie years ago. I didn’t like the way they let the guy beg before doing it. Think it was a capo also. Can’t remember where I read that.

Another south philly hit I remember reading about was some guy who had a beef with chuckle and Nicky from before they were somebody’s. they made the guys who were close to him, who were basically retired whack him and tie him up. Think I read this in caramandis book. Was Micky devito if I’m right

Frank Sindone was the guy 4 ur first paragraph..it's not certain that's the way it went down though..it was Chickie ,Chuckie & Salvie who did it...BTW..after the hits on Bruno & Phil Testa.., Scarfo was weeding all the conspiritors out ,,Chickie also was made 2 beg 4 his life proclaiming his innocence w/ a gun 2 his head that he had nothing 2 do w/ the rest of the suspects ..they finally accepted him into their fold.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull