GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Captbony1999, furio_from_naples, The_Marble_Guy), 107 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,154
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 90 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 89 90
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: hoodlum] #930061
02/19/18 04:21 PM
02/19/18 04:21 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by DE NIRO
Amazon prime is good but it's expensive here in Germany. You need to use it alot to get your monies worth.

Ur in Germany???never noticed,now that I see your profile, I feel so dumb...how's the crime rate & taxes?

No worries, been in Germany close to 5 years now. Living in the rural areas of Germany where i am the crime rates in very low..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #930084
02/19/18 07:34 PM
02/19/18 07:34 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Watching this movie now.

SPLIT

It’s creepy, this guy has 23 different personalities and kidnaps three teens.

https://g.co/kgs/rtLa7G

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #930097
02/20/18 02:40 AM
02/20/18 02:40 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Saw family enforcer on youtube real name of movie when it was released was Death Collector starred Joey Cortese. Frank Vincent and Joe Pesci were also in it. Nobody knew who Vincent and Pesci was when it first came out in the movies.

Pretty good copy on you tube I saw it in the movies in the 70s. I thought Cortese would be star back then.

When they were shooting it Pesci and Cortese had a real fist fight. The guys on the set had to break it up. Pesci told me he was kicking cortese’s ass. Cortese much later said that it did not happen. I called up the wise guy show remember that radio show starred big pussy from the sopranos. That day he was absent and Frank Vincent took his place for that show. Vincent said as far as he knew it never happened. But later a guy from the set said the fight did happen and Pesci was telling the truth he was beating on Cortese.

only the unloved hate
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DE NIRO] #930098
02/20/18 02:48 AM
02/20/18 02:48 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Amazon prime is good but it's expensive here in Germany. You need to use it alot to get your monies worth.

Ur in Germany???never noticed,now that I see your profile, I feel so dumb...how's the crime rate & taxes?

No worries, been in Germany close to 5 years now. Living in the rural areas of Germany where i am the crime rates in very low..

Where are the crime rates high in Germany. Is it in the muslem section of Berlin for example? I like Berlin especially near the zoo. It is a cool place to go but that was where they had a terror attack right? I know a lot of Turkish that live there. They are very poor how poor are they they have to heat their apartments with dirty coal not even the clean coal

only the unloved hate
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #930351
02/21/18 02:50 PM
02/21/18 02:50 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
BAD LIEUTENANT

Harvey Keitel gives a great performance of an alcoholic, drugged out, degenerate gambling NYC detective. Playing against the background of a fictitious MLB playoff series between the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers (this is after Strawberry switched sides from New York to LA). Abel Ferrara once again does a fantastic job at capturing New York City during this time period. MS. 45 herself Zoe Tamerlis Lund even makes a brief appearance in two scenes with Harvey where he's shooting up (she co-wrote the script with Abel). A sad tale of abuse of power, giving into one's vices, and redemption seeking. 6/10

ALICE, SWEET ALICE

Featuring a very young Brooke Shields (11-years-old), ALICE, SWEET ALICE is a decent 70's horror film. In order to not spoil anything, I would have preferred who the audience originally thinks the killer is as I think it would have been an interesting take as a horror movie. Linda Miller gives a good performance as the "my child could never do that" mother, who is afraid to admit to herself that her daughter could be capable of murder. 5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #930401
02/22/18 12:21 AM
02/22/18 12:21 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Irishman12
BAD LIEUTENANT

Harvey Keitel gives a great performance of an alcoholic, drugged out, degenerate gambling NYC detective. Playing against the background of a fictitious MLB playoff series between the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers (this is after Strawberry switched sides from New York to LA). Abel Ferrara once again does a fantastic job at capturing New York City during this time period. MS. 45 herself Zoe Tamerlis Lund even makes a brief appearance in two scenes with Harvey where he's shooting up (she co-wrote the script with Abel). A sad tale of abuse of power, giving into one's vices, and redemption seeking. 6/10

ALICE, SWEET ALICE

Featuring a very young Brooke Shields (11-years-old), ALICE, SWEET ALICE is a decent 70's horror film. In order to not spoil anything, I would have preferred who the audience originally thinks the killer is as I think it would have been an interesting take as a horror movie. Linda Miller gives a good performance as the "my child could never do that" mother, who is afraid to admit to herself that her daughter could be capable of murder. 5/10

The Keitel movie sounds good for me and the other, Alice Sweet Alice....My wife is already looking up and forward to seeing this.

Never knew Brook Shields was in a Horror flick.

Thanks Boss, keep em coming. Good stuff.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #930469
02/22/18 03:24 PM
02/22/18 03:24 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
BAD LIEUTENANT

ALICE, SWEET ALICE

The Keitel movie sounds good for me and the other, Alice Sweet Alice....My wife is already looking up and forward to seeing this.

Will do, thanks again! Whenever you and your wife watch these, post your thoughts if you don't mind. I'm curious what your take on them is.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Footreads] #930494
02/22/18 08:39 PM
02/22/18 08:39 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Footreads
Saw family enforcer on youtube real name of movie when it was released was Death Collector starred Joey Cortese. Frank Vincent and Joe Pesci were also in it. Nobody knew who Vincent and Pesci was when it first came out in the movies.

Pretty good copy on you tube I saw it in the movies in the 70s. I thought Cortese would be star back then.

When they were shooting it Pesci and Cortese had a real fist fight. The guys on the set had to break it up. Pesci told me he was kicking cortese’s ass. Cortese much later said that it did not happen. I called up the wise guy show remember that radio show starred big pussy from the sopranos. That day he was absent and Frank Vincent took his place for that show. Vincent said as far as he knew it never happened. But later a guy from the set said the fight did happen and Pesci was telling the truth he was beating on Cortese.

Have it on v.h.s. format ..good flick

Last edited by hoodlum; 02/22/18 08:40 PM.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #930495
02/22/18 09:00 PM
02/22/18 09:00 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
BAD LIEUTENANT

ALICE, SWEET ALICE

Will do, thanks again! Whenever you and your wife watch these, post your thoughts if you don't mind. I'm curious what your take on them is.

Yes sir, certainly will. Looks like we will be having several days of rain next few days and a quiet weekend so these are on the list.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #930572
02/23/18 02:09 PM
02/23/18 02:09 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
DRIVE-IN MASSACRE

A great time capsule for those of us to jump in to who were either too young or weren't born yet to enjoy the experience of a drive-in movie theater. The theater used in this film actually had a playground for kids. I'm not sure if this was typical or not? The movie itself is still a somewhat bad/somewhat decent grindhouse film. Very bad lighting in parts during the nighttime scenes. I won't lie that I kind of felt a little gypped at the end in regards to the killer. 4.5/10

ANNIHILATION

Visually, a stunning film with a very interesting story that you keep anticipating what's next. A somewhat slow burn but a mind trip of an ending. I'm a huge Natalie Portman fan and she always brings a dominating performance to her work. In addition, I'm also a big fan of Oscar Isaac who similarly delivers a brilliant performance. Many fans were pleased with writer/director Alex Garland's previous work, EX MACHINA and I'm sure they will with this as well. While I did like EX MACHINA (not as much as some of the other critics), I personally enjoyed this more. I would definitely need to see it again to digest that ending. 7.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #930612
02/23/18 07:26 PM
02/23/18 07:26 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
BAD LIEUTENANT

ALICE, SWEET ALICE

Yes sir, certainly will. Looks like we will be having several days of rain next few days and a quiet weekend so these are on the list.

Watched "Alice Sweet Alice" today, very dark.
Brook did not last long in her debut. The Alice girl was a great little actress, her chubby friend downstairs was really creepy.

I knew Alice was not the one who did Brook since the Director let us see the the killer was bigger than little Alice but also lead us to believe it was.
Alice does take up the position for the Old lady however which made for a great ending.

I will have to thank you for the nightmares I will have tonight. It was a bit soft but had a great creepy feel to it.
I can understand your 5/10, I get that. Very cool.

-----------------

Up Next, BAD LIEUTENANT

Just started Bad Lieutenant, cannot believe I never saw this and Im already blown away.
This guy if a Whack job, I like the way he told his kids to straighten out their Aunt about the bathroom, he says " Are you guys mice or Men" tell her to get the fuck outa there"
Very funny.
This I see you give 6 out of 10, interesting. Im watching right now. I am totally drawn into this one.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #930629
02/23/18 09:57 PM
02/23/18 09:57 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
[quote=Irishman12]BAD LIEUTENANT

---------------

Blown away, I really enjoyed this move. I feel like I was just out partying and tearing it up like I was 20yrs old.
What a rush.

This man was insane. I found myself routing for him, bad for him, sorry for him and disputed with him all at the same time.

I see your 6/10 rate and agree but want to give 7 or 8 just because I really got to see right into his soul, the good and bad.
When he whinged I felt it and felt like screaming with him. No way back from that.

He self destructed.

Thanks Boss. Very good flick recommendation and critique.
I am really happy I got to see that, Im drained.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #930684
02/24/18 04:17 PM
02/24/18 04:17 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
DuesPaid, in ALICE SWEET ALICE I did notice that too when Brooke died that the killer was bigger but her big sister was bigger than her (but not that big). I thought it could have been due to the angle it was shot at (kind of looking up with the killer coming in from behind). Still, I took the bait in regards to the older sister. Glad you enjoyed it and BAD LIEUTENANT. And yes, I liked the opening scene too with his children in the car and him trying to straighten them out in regards to their Aunt lol Glad you were able to see both and enjoy them!

GAME NIGHT

I'm really glad I quite enjoyed this. The previews looked hilarious to me but nowadays, so many times I've been burned because all of the funny parts seem to be in the previews (see FATHER FIGURES as a recent example). A good cast that works well together and a story that actually surprises you in parts and isn't just a mind numbing comedy. I love Jason Bateman and kudos also goes to Jesse Plemons as their creepy neighbor as he's one of, if not, the show stealer in this film. 6/10

CHOPPING MALL

I had seen some of this before during an Alamo Drafthouse screening but never completely. Wow, what a completely trashy movie. I would seriously love to meet the individual(s) who green lit this picture to proceed into development. The premise here is 8 stupid California kids who work at a local mall, "camp out" in one of the stores they work in (a furniture store) to drink and have sex. However, recently installed security robots malfunction and begin to pick the kids off one-by-one. I won't lie as there were times I genuinely laughed at some of the death scenes here and I could see this easily falling into the category of "so bad it's good." 3/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #930718
02/24/18 09:29 PM
02/24/18 09:29 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
DuesPaid, in ALICE SWEET ALICE I did notice that too when Brooke died that the killer was bigger but her big sister was bigger than her (but not that big). I thought it could have been due to the angle it was shot at (kind of looking up with the killer coming in from behind). Still, I took the bait in regards to the older sister. Glad you enjoyed it and BAD LIEUTENANT. And yes, I liked the opening scene too with his children in the car and him trying to straighten them out in regards to their Aunt lol Glad you were able to see both and enjoy them!

GAME NIGHT

I'm really glad I quite enjoyed this. The previews looked hilarious to me but nowadays, so many times I've been burned because all of the funny parts seem to be in the previews (see FATHER FIGURES as a recent example). A good cast that works well together and a story that actually surprises you in parts and isn't just a mind numbing comedy. I love Jason Bateman and kudos also goes to Jesse Plemons as their creepy neighbor as he's one of, if not, the show stealer in this film. 6/10

CHOPPING MALL

I had seen some of this before during an Alamo Drafthouse screening but never completely. Wow, what a completely trashy movie. I would seriously love to meet the individual(s) who green lit this picture to proceed into development. The premise here is 8 stupid California kids who work at a local mall, "camp out" in one of the stores they work in (a furniture store) to drink and have sex. However, recently installed security robots malfunction and begin to pick the kids off one-by-one. I won't lie as there were times I genuinely laughed at some of the death scenes here and I could see this easily falling into the category of "so bad it's good." 3/10

Jason Bateman good actor, my wife wants to catch this movie.
Bateman was good in The Gift, check it out if you have not.

I may have to check out Chopping mall, I enjoy seeing movies that are so bad , they should not be missed.
That’s my draw to Svengoolie feature flicks.

Have a great evening Boss, more rain heading my way for the weekend so I may just get to see one or both of these as well.

Thanks

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #930722
02/24/18 09:39 PM
02/24/18 09:39 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Not a movie I am into 2 season 5 episode of Married With Children only 9 more seasons to go smile

only the unloved hate
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Footreads] #930725
02/24/18 09:53 PM
02/24/18 09:53 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
"Alien - Directors Cut." Most "Directors Cut" want you to pay again for the same old movie. Not this one. This first and best of Ridley Scott's "Alien" franchise is vastly improved, with sharp, clear video, vibrant colors, a big soundtrack and several minutes of extra footage. Really good.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #930821
02/25/18 02:42 PM
02/25/18 02:42 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Watched Some Came Running. I always enjoy Dean Martin movies and, most of the time, Sinatra movies. Shirley MacLaine gave a great performance.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: olivant] #930981
02/26/18 11:24 AM
02/26/18 11:24 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Harry & Tonto..always heard about it,never saw ,,very nice & enduring perfomance by Art Carney.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #931223
02/27/18 04:56 PM
02/27/18 04:56 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Just watched Once Upon A Time In America again, still a stone cold classic. Not much wrong with this film..

9/10

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DE NIRO] #931258
02/27/18 09:33 PM
02/27/18 09:33 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Just watched Once Upon A Time In America again, still a stone cold classic. Not much wrong with this film..

9/10

Agree, great film. I can get to 8 -9 on that easy.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #931569
03/02/18 01:51 PM
03/02/18 01:51 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
RED SPARROW

I was really looking forward to this since the moment I first saw the trailer and I must admit I was kind of disappointed. For an espionage thriller I felt it was rather dry at times. I'll give Jennifer Lawrence credit for stepping out of her comfort zone as this isn't her typical role. However, her Russian accent was all over the place. Sometimes it passed, sometimes it wasn't there and sometimes you could hear the voice over work during post-production. I don't mind Joel Edgerton but he comes off as one dimensional to me. With the exception of BLACK MASS, he's Mr. No Emotion. Not a terrible film at all, but go in with tempered expectations. 6/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #931584
03/02/18 03:38 PM
03/02/18 03:38 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Is it me or is Jennifer Lawrence the most overrated actress ever, don't know what the fuss is about, she's like the Taylor Swift of the film world..

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #931592
03/02/18 04:29 PM
03/02/18 04:29 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I don't mind her, I like some of her work.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #931603
03/02/18 06:38 PM
03/02/18 06:38 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I'm just now seeing previews of Death Wish with Bruce Willis. I assume it's a remake of the Charles Bronson movie by the same name? Poor Willis will always be John McClain. I love Die Hard but it seems that character type is his legacy. Tho I must say, he's probably good for the part.

smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #931686
03/03/18 03:59 PM
03/03/18 03:59 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Yes TIS, it is a remake of the 1974 Charlie Bronson film of the same name.

DEATH WISH

I never saw the original version with Charlie Bronson so I have nothing to compare it to but Bruce Willis just seemed to mail in this performance. During the scenes were he's suppose to show emotion due to his wife's murder, Bruce just didn't seem to care and it showed. Camila Morrone who plays his daughter has more emotion and care for this movie than Bruce does. Vincent D'Onofrio is cast as Willis' brother Frank, who likewise at times, doesn't seem to care much. What I'm probably disappointed in the most is that Elisabeth Shue is relegated to these types of roles. I was a big fan of her's while I was growing up and she has a lot to offer. It's a shame she's wasted in a movie like this and seems to be exiled to TV shows. 6/10

DETROIT

Another film that looked better from the previews than in it's entirety. The story I felt was kind of rushed at the beginning and bounced around a lot. As such, by the time it did introduce us to our main characters, I wasn't invested in them at all. Their story of mistreatment and injustice is horrible and I'm not trying to belittle what they went through, but this film just didn't touch me in the way I believe they were hoping to reach an audience. However, unfortunately, we as a society haven't grown as much over the course of the last 50 years, as the story is as relevant today as it was back in 1967 when these events occurred: racial tensions and police brutality. Kathryn Bigelow has done better and this is definitely not one of her best films. In addition, some of the riot scenes looked too staged and that took me out of the moment. I'm a sucker for two things: continuity and authenticity and when either one of those is missing, it's hard for me to buy in as an audience member. The continuity of the film was fine but the authenticity ruined it for me. 5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #932544
03/09/18 02:43 PM
03/09/18 02:43 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE STRANGERS: PREY AT NIGHT

The original THE STRANGERS I thought was forgettable and this will follow suit. I personally didn't think the original necessitated a sequel but here we are. Judging by the number of people, or lack thereof in the theater, I had a feeling this would bomb. Not to take anything away from the victims who experienced these events first hand (again this film is based on actual events), the film is rather mundane. No scares, some gore, not a lot of dialogue. The casting wasn't the best and I don't feel the parents, (Christina Hendricks and Martin Henderson) didn't work well with the kids (Bailee Madison and Lewis Pullman). Bailee put forth the best effort as the bad girl who's pissed off at her parents for shipping her to boarding school. On the way there they spend a night in a trailer park owned by Christina Hendricks Uncle and that's when they cross paths with the strangers. Besides Bailee's performance the only redeeming quality I found with the film was a pretty decent soundtrack. An easy pass for those on the fence about seeing this. 5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #932662
03/10/18 11:10 AM
03/10/18 11:10 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
GRINGO

A dark comedy with a story that's all over the place. Amazon put a little money behind this with their marketing but the film wasn't satisfying for me. A somewhat decent cast (Charlize Theron, Thandie Newton and Amanda Seyfried). With the exception of Theron and Joel Edgerton, they're all underutilized. Star David Oyelowo was passable as Harold Soyinka who's about to be fired from his pharmaceutical job due to a merger of his company and concocts a kidnapping story to get money from the company he's about to be fired from. In the process, he's on the run from a Mexican drug cartel who's recently been cut out of a business deal with the same pharmaceutical company and they're under the (wrong) impression that Harold is the boss. The only positive I found with the film was Theron who is a no nonsense, ball-breaking, dog eat dog woman who is only out for her best interests. She shines while everyone else fades. 5.5/10

THE OUTSIDER

I would definitely say this is one of Netflix better movies. In 1954, former US soldier Jared Leto joins a yakuza. The story centers on a rival gang that is at odds with Leto's gang over who controls certain territories in post-World War II Japan. The tension of the war is still very much alive between this American and the Japanese. Leto gives a good performance and at times, even being the main star, doesn't have a lot of dialogue (which is even pointed out by a former soldier he was in the service with that he happens to come across one night). Kind of reminded me of Meiko Kaji during her FEMALE PRISONER SCORPION series from the 1970's where her actions, facial expressions and eyes do her talking for her. A solid film in my opinion. 7/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #932711
03/10/18 03:31 PM
03/10/18 03:31 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
THOROUGHBREDS

Anya Taylor-Joy is one of my favorite young actresses and this trailer caught my eye when I first came across it. The film has a limited cast but each does well in his/her respective roles (Joy, Olivia Cooke, Paul Sparks and Anton Yelchin). It's a shame this is one of Yelchin's final roles before his untimely death in 2016 as he was another fine young actor. The story follows 2 friends, Joy and Cooke, who plot to kill Joy's stepfather, Sparks. There's some dark comedy elements to the script with lovely scenery and set pieces as the story takes place on a Connecticut estate. Unfortunately, this is only seeing a limited release but you could do a lot worse with this weekend's crop of movies being released. 6.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DE NIRO] #932715
03/10/18 03:39 PM
03/10/18 03:39 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Is it me or is Jennifer Lawrence the most overrated actress ever, don't know what the fuss is about, she's like the Taylor Swift of the film world..

Her public relations team tell her to act quirky, make fart jokes and "accidentally" fall over in public to make her seem more relatable. Saoirse Ronan is a far more capable actress.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #932833
03/11/18 08:39 AM
03/11/18 08:39 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
just watched once upon a time in brooklyn...
it was nice movie

Page 33 of 90 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 89 90

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull