GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (m2w), 115 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,737
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,856
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Why there is no commission nowadays ? #930164
02/20/18 05:47 PM
02/20/18 05:47 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Why the the commission meetings has stopped ?
There is any chance in the future for them to start the meetings again ?

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930179
02/20/18 06:36 PM
02/20/18 06:36 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
First the obvious reasons

1. Most of the bosses are behind bars.
2. Although law enforcement surveillance may not be what it once was the risk of getting caught is still too great.
3. Too many informants. I think even if all the other bosses were out on the streets the trust level is not the same as it once was between families.

The not so obvious reasons
1. Is there really a need for a commission nowadays? If you think about the climate of that world in 1931 that threat of authority was needed to keep thing under control on the streets. Nowadays you don't have to worry about bodies in the streets or in trunks.
2. This is just my observation and opinion but why would a decision on a beef need to come from the commission when 2 captains who are out on the streets and know what is going on can have a sit down and settle things themselves without having to get the bosses involved. I would think that Captains today have more power than they ever had. Again that's just my opinion and perspective. I can see those in charge today being more willing to delegate than the bosses of the past.
3. Would the Bonanno's and Colombo's really have a substantial voice on the commission? I would think the Genovese and Gambino families (generally speaking) probably look at them like a total joke. I'm sure they have members and associates who do business with one another but do you think someone like Bellomo or Cali gives a damn about the opinion of someone from the Colombo's or Bonanno's? I would guess probably not much.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #930188
02/20/18 07:24 PM
02/20/18 07:24 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

2. Although law enforcement surveillance may not be what it once was the risk of getting caught is still too great.
3. Too many informants. I think even if all the other bosses were out on the streets the trust level is not the same as it once was between families.

1. Is there really a need for a commission nowadays? If you think about the climate of that world in 1931 that threat of authority was needed to keep thing under control on the streets. Nowadays you don't have to worry about bodies in the streets or in trunks.
2. This is just my observation and opinion but why would a decision on a beef need to come from the commission when 2 captains who are out on the streets and know what is going on can have a sit down and settle things themselves without having to get the bosses involved. I would think that Captains today have more power than they ever had. Again that's just my opinion and perspective. I can see those in charge today being more willing to delegate than the bosses of the past.
3. Would the Bonanno's and Colombo's really have a substantial voice on the commission? I would think the Genovese and Gambino families (generally speaking) probably look at them like a total joke. I'm sure they have members and associates who do business with one another but do you think someone like Bellomo or Cali gives a damn about the opinion of someone from the Colombo's or Bonanno's? I would guess probably not much.

With 1 i agree with ! It's seems like Things are quit and organized today
As for 2 i am not too sure if the captains have more power because of who they are (in terms of earning power...) or that the bosses are in jail and some the acting ones are joke.
But with 3 well it's not from today that the colombo's and bonano's are nothing compare to the gambino's and genvoese
But yeah i guess there no need for commission today.

Last edited by MeyerLansky; 02/20/18 07:25 PM.
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930204
02/20/18 09:05 PM
02/20/18 09:05 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Seems the rules are still respected. New Jersey still has a family, when they could have easily been gobbled up by NY or Phily by now. Only the families that have completely died off have been ruled defunct, and their territories ruled "open".

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930216
02/20/18 09:34 PM
02/20/18 09:34 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Also there isn't many big money rackets shared amongst the families in different regions.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #930260
02/21/18 01:18 AM
02/21/18 01:18 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss

You really think the Bonannos & Colombos are that disliked? In the last five years or so, it seems the Bonannos have been attempting (and partially succeeding) to sort their affairs out. They are playing catchup by making dozens of new members, and they have had some very powerful crews in the past decade (Howard Beach, Williamsburg crew, Tottenville, etc., etc.)

Also, the Colombos are small, but are no joke. Their admin members (Andy Russo, Ben Castellazzo, Sonny Franzese) are very old-school, and seemed to conduct their business like old-school Mafias. I don't see why they wouldn't be respected.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, Michael Giovanni.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: NickyfromTampa] #930268
02/21/18 03:17 AM
02/21/18 03:17 AM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Underboss

Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
You really think the Bonannos & Colombos are that disliked? In the last five years or so, it seems the Bonannos have been attempting (and partially succeeding) to sort their affairs out. They are playing catchup by making dozens of new members, and they have had some very powerful crews in the past decade (Howard Beach, Williamsburg crew, Tottenville, etc., etc.)

Also, the Colombos are small, but are no joke. Their admin members (Andy Russo, Ben Castellazzo, Sonny Franzese) are very old-school, and seemed to conduct their business like old-school Mafias. I don't see why they wouldn't be respected.

I would guess the case would be more of distrust than dislike. I agree that both the Bonannos and Colombos should be considered capable and I would assume they receive the respect they deserve from genovese guys or gambino guys. Certainly the guys you mentioned would be highly regarded and respected by everyone. I guess my point would be that considering that the Bonanno family is playing catchup like you say would it surprise you that a well run and stable family like the genovese would shun doing business with them? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellomo for example sends word to avoid business with them as much as possible. Even if there was a commission would they have a seat on it? I don't know the answer to that but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were looked upon as trouble waiting to happen.

I agree with you that the colombos are no joke and that was probably a poor choice of word to describe how I view either family.

Maybe I'm wrong and way off base on this but I just have this general viewpoint as the genovese, gambino, lucchese being more old school more quiet less flashy and the bonannos and colombos as a bunch of young, wild crazy guys ready to rat soon as they get jammed up. That's probably an extreme viewpoint but I guess that's why I think the way I do.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #930270
02/21/18 05:00 AM
02/21/18 05:00 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss

I would guess the case would be more of distrust than dislike. I agree that both the Bonannos and Colombos should be considered capable and I would assume they receive the respect they deserve from genovese guys or gambino guys. Certainly the guys you mentioned would be highly regarded and respected by everyone. I guess my point would be that considering that the Bonanno family is playing catchup like you say would it surprise you that a well run and stable family like the genovese would shun doing business with them? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellomo for example sends word to avoid business with them as much as possible. Even if there was a commission would they have a seat on it? I don't know the answer to that but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were looked upon as trouble waiting to happen.

I agree with you that the colombos are no joke and that was probably a poor choice of word to describe how I view either family.

Maybe I'm wrong and way off base on this but I just have this general viewpoint as the genovese, gambino, lucchese being more old school more quiet less flashy and the bonannos and colombos as a bunch of young, wild crazy guys ready to rat soon as they get jammed up. That's probably an extreme viewpoint but I guess that's why I think the way I do.

I see your point. All of the Colombos' troubles stem from the 1991-1993 war and no matter how well-oiled they try and run things now, it'll be another decade before they fully recover. All(?) of the family's turncoats in past two decades have stemmed from the 91-93 war. Most recently Tommy McLaughlin, Paulie Bevacqua, Anthony Russo, etc.
So I guess that even though the family is still very old-school in nature (they still do a traditional making ceremony with a gun, knife, etc. unlike the Bonannos & probably others and they have big meetings with the admin involved) other families might still be weary of them considering that young, up-and-coming hitters from the war are capos/admin now. All it takes is for the feds to connect the dots to a murder that now-capos Joseph Amato, Joseph Baudanza, or any other potential hitters did during the war. A
In fact, it seems that of all the families, the Colombos are the most excluded from rackets. You don't see their names mentioned often when indictments come down.

The Bonannos, on the other hand, seem to be very involved with other families' rackets. The most recent bust last month w/ the Bonanno administration had Eugene Castelle and a Genovese soldier involved. Soldier Frank Salerno was working with the Gambino family in Long Island. Bronx acting capo Johnny Joe Spirito Jr. & Patty Maiorino were working with the Pasquale Parrello crew (makes sense considering the Bonanno's Bronx crew is pretty decimated & the Genoveses still have a very strong presence). These busts are all from the past two years.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #930275
02/21/18 06:33 AM
02/21/18 06:33 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy

Also, the Colombos are small, but are no joke. Their admin members (Andy Russo, Ben Castellazzo, Sonny Franzese) are very old-school, and seemed to conduct their business like old-school s. I don't see why they wouldn't be respected.

The Bonanno was kicked up by commission due donnie brasco and with Massino can full recovery and when Mancuso will be out there will have a boss on the street and a full hierarchy while the Colombo are full of rats with an offcial boss in prison and a family destroyed by the Persicos.The Colombo leadership for sure is old school but if you are escluded by the rackets because the other families don't trust you,you'aren't a crime family but a street gang.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #930342
02/21/18 01:58 PM
02/21/18 01:58 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

Also, the Colombos are small, but are no joke. Their admin members (Andy Russo, Ben Castellazzo, Sonny Franzese) are very old-school, and seemed to conduct their business like old-school s. I don't see why they wouldn't be respected.

The Bonanno was kicked up by commission due donnie brasco and with Massino can full recovery and when Mancuso will be out there will have a boss on the street and a full hierarchy while the Colombo are full of rats with an offcial boss in prison and a family destroyed by the Persicos.The Colombo leadership for sure is old school but if you are escluded by the rackets because the other families don't trust you,you'aren't a crime family but a street gang.

You're forgetting that the sort of exclusion we are talking about with the Colombos, is what allowed Joseph Massino's Bonanno family to grow so powerful. There hasn't been a made guy busted in the Colombos in two years, and that was a tiny extortion bust. Four years before that was their last big bust. Meanwhile every other family has had a capo busted just about every year.

Also, I don't see why you say the Colombos are full of rats. They are no fuller than the Bonannos or Luccheses.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: NickyfromTampa] #930360
02/21/18 04:15 PM
02/21/18 04:15 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Underboss

You're forgetting that the sort of exclusion we are talking about with the Colombos, is what allowed Joseph Massino's Bonanno family to grow so powerful. There hasn't been a made guy busted in the Colombos in two years, and that was a tiny extortion bust. Four years before that was their last big bust. Meanwhile every other family has had a capo busted just about every year.

Also, I don't see why you say the Colombos are full of rats. They are no fuller than the Bonannos or Luccheses.

No argument from me here like I said it's an extreme viewpoint from a general perspective. I appreciate you pointing out things I haven't thought about.

My point in all of this really was simply that it would not surprise me at all if those 2 families specifically were looked upon less favorably by a 'modern day commission' simply based on there past history.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930368
02/21/18 05:33 PM
02/21/18 05:33 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
who said their never meeting ?

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: bronx] #930371
02/21/18 06:03 PM
02/21/18 06:03 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
No one, but on the other hand also no one said that there is official meetings
So i was wondering if they still meet each other like in the old days

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930375
02/21/18 06:15 PM
02/21/18 06:15 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
wont know until there is a new rat

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930378
02/21/18 07:25 PM
02/21/18 07:25 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Face it. The only way the families will thrive in this century is if they recruit Mexicans. Like every other industry.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930380
02/21/18 07:42 PM
02/21/18 07:42 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Yaeh i agree. Barney b and dom cefulo must have had meetings in the last 5 yrs.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930382
02/21/18 07:56 PM
02/21/18 07:56 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In December 2008 an attempt to reconstitute the Sicilian Commission was foiled by police.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930383
02/21/18 08:03 PM
02/21/18 08:03 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The last real commission meeting ended with the police chasing bosses through the woods.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930385
02/21/18 08:23 PM
02/21/18 08:23 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

massino said he went to one as the underboss i would guess he went with rustelli. he said it was rite before big paul was killed. they wanted to get there familys vote back. he said the one in 2000 was just abunch of representatives of familys. theres a buch of lists of who. i bet atleast 3 of the 5 bosses acting or whatever has met recently.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930419
02/22/18 04:58 AM
02/22/18 04:58 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
About the only meetings going on are capos meeting with capos.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: OakAsFan] #930422
02/22/18 06:15 AM
02/22/18 06:15 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
The last real commission meeting ended with the police chasing bosses through the woods.

That was more like a general assembly, instead of a modern Commission meeting with the 7 to 9 bosses with permanent seats..

The meeting in Atlantic City in the late 70's was probably the last bonafide Commission meeting with the boss from Chicago, Philadelphia and the NY bosses. The topic was apparently how to divide AC and Las Vegas. They allegedly decided that Chicago got Las Vegas and the Eastern families got AC..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930458
02/22/18 02:14 PM
02/22/18 02:14 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
In past few weeks we have learned that Stevie Crea went to a social club in the Bronx for a meeting with Bonannos. He wasn't tailed there. So it seems the bosses aren't too worried about surveillance. A proper Five Families Commission meeting in 2016/2017 would probably look like:

Genovese street boss Peter DiChiara (Doubt Liborio Bellomo is meeting with anybody outside his very immediate close circle).
Gambino underboss Frank Cali (or Dom Cefalu if he's still acting boss).
Lucchese acting boss Steven Crea or Matthew Madonna
Bonanno acting boss Joe Cammarano Jr.
Colombos...?

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: NickyfromTampa] #930466
02/22/18 03:17 PM
02/22/18 03:17 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
In past few weeks we have learned that Stevie Crea went to a social club in the Bronx for a meeting with Bonannos. He wasn't tailed there. So it seems the bosses aren't too worried about surveillance. A proper Five Families Commission meeting in 2016/2017 would probably look like:

Genovese street boss Peter DiChiara (Doubt Liborio Bellomo is meeting with anybody outside his very immediate close circle).
Colombos...?

Probably Andy Russo for the Colombos no?

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930468
02/22/18 03:24 PM
02/22/18 03:24 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline OP
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Or benji

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930471
02/22/18 04:03 PM
02/22/18 04:03 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
Or benji

Could he really be the TOP DOG??

[Linked Image]

.....OK... I will show myself out whistle

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: MeyerLansky] #930472
02/22/18 04:06 PM
02/22/18 04:06 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
Or benji

Probably Andy Russo. Castellazzo's just been released from his probation restrictions and has only recently been allowed back into New York. Before he was confined by probation officials to NJ.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: NickyfromTampa] #930487
02/22/18 06:27 PM
02/22/18 06:27 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy

Colombos...?

And maybe the decavalcante boss and the philly acting boss.

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #930511
02/23/18 12:50 AM
02/23/18 12:50 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Colombos...?

In my personal opinion neither the DeCavalcantes or Philly deserve any seat on the commission. Not to mention Charles Majuri is a self-serving fuck wit and Merlino is a fucking loser.

Last edited by Neo; 02/23/18 12:50 AM.
Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: Neo] #930518
02/23/18 06:26 AM
02/23/18 06:26 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Neo

Colombos...?

In my personal opinion neither the DeCavalcantes or Philly deserve any seat on the commission. Not to mention Charles Majuri is a self-serving fuck wit and Merlino is a fucking loser.

Hypothetically speaking, if a commission of the east coast families would meet,to make sense the risk of being caught all at once would be to decide many important things such as the appointment of the Decavalcante boss,if the snake and allie boy should step down to a boss on the street ecc

Re: Why there is no commission nowadays ? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #930520
02/23/18 06:47 AM
02/23/18 06:47 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar

Great post. There really is no need for a commission. What has been uncovered for the eastern coast is that family capos meet and settle beefs, and the administration of the families only meet when it is serious or when there is a lucrative business deal brought before them and they decide to join together and make sure there is no misunderstandings between the members involved. New York Administration members meet in New York City more often then they do when heading to New Jersey, Connecticut, and Florida, which those three states have shown capos from different families meeting there, such as Boston meeting with the Colombo, Gambino, and Genovese families in Connecticut, Philadelphia meeting with Decavalcante, Bonanno, Gambino, Genovese, and Lucchese families, and Florida there is always a few members form all the families that have a second home, or vacation house, condo, or apartments for examples. Capos really do have a lot more power then they use to, cause who really wants to be the boss now a days?

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull