GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, 2 invisible), 107 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,176
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #949487
08/08/18 10:10 AM
08/08/18 10:10 AM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member

TPV would you say it's accurate to state that no " mafia style " Russian/Russian speaking organized crime groups exist in the US ?

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #950622
08/18/18 07:36 AM
08/18/18 07:36 AM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Top Moscow Investigator has been handed a jail sentence of five and a half years for accepting a bribe from a notorious Thief-in-law. Denis Nikandrov was detained in 2016 for taking a $1 million bribe from jailed crime lord Shakro Molodoy, or Young Shakro. Several other senior investigators have taken a fall in the case. The Moscow City Court sentenced Nikandrov to five and a half years in prison and stripped the former investigator of his military rank on charges of bribery.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: 2a] #950728
08/19/18 05:45 AM
08/19/18 05:45 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Originally Posted by 2a

TPV would you say it's accurate to state that no " mafia style " Russian/Russian speaking organized crime groups exist in the US ?

Please, ellaborate what you mean as "mafia style".

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: ThePolakVet] #950931
08/21/18 12:54 PM
08/21/18 12:54 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by ThePolakVet
Originally Posted by 2a

As in Solntsevskaya Bratva type groups . All the recent Russian OC busts in the States seem to involve small and relatively unsophisticated groups , as opposed to relatively large sophisticated ones that have important connections to the upperworld ( which is my personal definition of mafia style organized crime groups ) .

Last edited by 2a; 08/21/18 12:57 PM.
Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: 2a] #950945
08/21/18 03:34 PM
08/21/18 03:34 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

As in Solntsevskaya Bratva type groups . All the recent Russian OC busts in the States seem to involve small and relatively unsophisticated groups , as opposed to relatively large sophisticated ones that have important connections to the upperworld ( which is my personal definition of mafia style organized crime groups ) .

The Solntsevskaya isn't really a 100% centralized organization. It's composed out of a ton of independently operating brigades with origins in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova... (mostly ethnic Russian and Jewish criminals). The only thing which really ties them are their similar key money laundering contacts in Russia and the businessmen that provide them with the necessary political connections. There are often brigades feuding with one another.
Of course, the USA isn't really local territory for them so it's extremely difficult for them to penetrate politics in America. That's why they resort to strong-arm rackets and running scams in their own communities.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: TheKillingJoke] #951036
08/22/18 03:50 PM
08/22/18 03:50 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

The Solntsevskaya isn't really a 100% centralized organization. It's composed out of a ton of independently operating brigades with origins in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova... (mostly ethnic Russian and Jewish criminals). The only thing which really ties them are their similar key money laundering contacts in Russia and the businessmen that provide them with the necessary political connections. There are often brigades feuding with one another.
Of course, the USA isn't really local territory for them so it's extremely difficult for them to penetrate politics in America. That's why they resort to strong-arm rackets and running scams in their own communities.

Yup the Solntsevskaya isn't a centralized organization at all , but neither are many ( if not most ) " mafia style " groups and I don't think it's much of a stretch to state that groups like the Solntsevskaya Bratva are comparable to ( say ) LCN . After all both groups have been known to engage in more sophisticated rackets ( like higher level fraud ) than the two Russian groups that got busted recently and I'm pretty sure that the Solntsevskaya Bratva has a dispute resolution committee like the Commission as well .

Last edited by 2a; 08/22/18 03:55 PM.
Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951049
08/22/18 05:11 PM
08/22/18 05:11 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by 2a

Yup the Solntsevskaya isn't a centralized organization at all , but neither are many ( if not most ) " mafia style " groups and I don't think it's much of a stretch to state that groups like the Solntsevskaya Bratva are comparable to ( say ) LCN . After all both groups have been known to engage in more sophisticated rackets ( like higher level fraud ) than the two Russian groups that got busted recently and I'm pretty sure that the Solntsevskaya Bratva has a dispute resolution committee like the Commission as well .

Truth be told, there isn't really a lot of reliable information available about the Bratvas. Sometimes I doubt if such thing as the "Solntsevskaya Bratva" really is as huge as we've been led to believe.
Organized crime within ethnic communities is always going to involve blue collar crime so I definitely think this is still a major source of income for the Russian groups. High level fraud isn't something many are capable enough of involving themselves in to. Most Russian (and by expansion other former Soviet Union) crews are gonna stick to black market fuel rackets and credit card schemes when it comes to fraud. You don't have to be a brainiac to pull them off and they're lucrative enough.

I think the two "Russian" groups that got busted most recently - which was actually one "Russian" (as in Slavic and Jewish thugs) crew and one Georgian crew - are a reasonably representative face of Eurasian OC. They might have seemed small compared to the "Russian Mafia Superpower" stories the media have been trying to feed us (which is a crock of bullshit if you ask me), but the rackets they were involved in were bountiful and they still made quite a bit of money.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: TheKillingJoke] #951108
08/23/18 01:35 PM
08/23/18 01:35 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by 2a

Truth be told, there isn't really a lot of reliable information available about the Bratvas. Sometimes I doubt if such thing as the "Solntsevskaya Bratva" really is as huge as we've been led to believe.
Organized crime within ethnic communities is always going to involve blue collar crime so I definitely think this is still a major source of income for the Russian groups. High level fraud isn't something many are capable enough of involving themselves in to. Most Russian (and by expansion other former Soviet Union) crews are gonna stick to black market fuel rackets and credit card schemes when it comes to fraud. You don't have to be a brainiac to pull them off and they're lucrative enough.

I think the two "Russian" groups that got busted most recently - which was actually one "Russian" (as in Slavic and Jewish thugs) crew and one Georgian crew - are a reasonably representative face of Eurasian OC. They might have seemed small compared to the "Russian Mafia Superpower" stories the media have been trying to feed us (which is a crock of bullshit if you ask me), but the rackets they were involved in were bountiful and they still made quite a bit of money.

Yup the Shulaya crew in particular must have made a killing from contraband cigarettes , if what was listed in the indictment is to be believed .

Fuel tax fraud seems to be going out of style though . Neither of the two indictments mentioned it and I'm not aware of any Russian/FSU group getting nabbed for it since ( roughly ) 2010 .

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: 2a] #951171
08/24/18 09:11 AM
08/24/18 09:11 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

Yup the Shulaya crew in particular must have made a killing from contraband cigarettes , if what was listed in the indictment is to be believed .

Fuel tax fraud seems to be going out of style though . Neither of the two indictments mentioned it and I'm not aware of any Russian/FSU group getting nabbed for it since ( roughly ) 2010 .

Yeah, the heydays of that scam were in the late 80's up to the mid 90's. I'm sure it still happens on a slightly smaller and more hidden scale. The Armenians on the West Coast are reputedly still involved in it. Scams involving prescription drugs seem to be more into style for Eurasian groups nowadays though.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: 2a] #951231
08/25/18 03:42 AM
08/25/18 03:42 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia

Solntsevskaya is not composed of independently running brigades. The group itself was formed in late 1980's in Moscow neighborhood Solncevo. Popular for those times the group absorbed and recruited smaller brigades under them, by good will or force. Such as in Latvia Valeriy "Tsigan(Gipsy)" Berlin said to be connected with most biggest crime group in Latvia - Kharitonov's Brigade, was killed due to refusing paying tax to Solncevskaya while being acting boss of the group. In other regions they either recruited other groups under them or sent there their own brigades to look over business. There is nothing independent in these groups which are under Solncevskaya - they are a big criminal network which relies on each other in different ways.

Their power goes more far, having Vory V Zakone on their side and even government officials, including the president himself. Not even speaking about that they own large businesses and even banks and other financial structures.

Originally Posted by 2a

There are brigades operating from Solncevskaya and Izmailovskaya in the US, which are kind of mafia style groups but still with different structures and organizing than LCN.

As mentioned before, there is not that much of information available on these groups. I know some information, because I have loose connections to people who are involved with some groups or illegal businesses in my country. The small groups get arrested and prosecuted, the ones which are not so organized. Big groups like Solncevskaya are more smart, better investing and more reasonable. It's not the 90's anymore, when they needed to run around with guns and extort farmers selling tomatoes on the local market - that business now goes to small crews which are not smart. The big groups like Solncevskaya are more involved in financial crimes, such as fraud or large scale scams, not the typical LCN crimes which they make money on.

Speaking about media, @TheKillingJoke - Media is a business that runs on peoples attention. So they will make a sensation over everything. There is no doubt, that Russian groups are one of the most powerful in the world when it comes to business or eliminating their enemies. But I doubt that in US they are there to make danger to the average American unless they get involved in a bad way themselves. It's pretty logic - you fuck with criminals, they'll fuck you up, doesn't matter what ethnic they are. They are just there to make business, and mostly it's not violent one.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951239
08/25/18 07:03 AM
08/25/18 07:03 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
@ThePolakVet

Thanks for the intel. You're a lot more well versed in this subject than I am, seeing what I know is mostly based on the articles I can read.

If you would say that the Solntsevskaya is mostly a Russian gang, do you know how the current relations are with their Chechen, Georgian, Azeri and Armenian counterparts? I know they got some connections to the Georgians, but were feuding with the Chechens in the 90's. Probably that has cooled down nowadays.

Do you also happen to know what Ivankov's business in Brighton Beach was in the 90's? It's told he was sent by the Solntsevskaya and his activities mostly seemed to focus on the average rackets the Russian mob was pulling on the local Russian community back in the days - but were other local gangsters like Nayfeld and the like connected to Ivankov and the Solntsevskaya as well?

There's no doubt Russian OC is a powerhouse, but they seem to be much more low-key nowadays than they used to be.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: TheKillingJoke] #951342
08/26/18 03:23 PM
08/26/18 03:23 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
@ThePolakVet

Thanks for the intel. You're a lot more well versed in this subject than I am, seeing what I know is mostly based on the articles I can read.

If you would say that the Solntsevskaya is mostly a Russian gang, do you know how the current relations are with their Chechen, Georgian, Azeri and Armenian counterparts? I know they got some connections to the Georgians, but were feuding with the Chechens in the 90's. Probably that has cooled down nowadays.

Do you also happen to know what Ivankov's business in Brighton Beach was in the 90's? It's told he was sent by the Solntsevskaya and his activities mostly seemed to focus on the average rackets the Russian mob was pulling on the local Russian community back in the days - but were other local gangsters like Nayfeld and the like connected to Ivankov and the Solntsevskaya as well?

There's no doubt Russian OC is a powerhouse, but they seem to be much more low-key nowadays than they used to be.

The ethnic wars have stopped, currently there is not known big or open wars between large groups because of ethnic background. It's now more business interests or Thieves in Law clans fighting for power which is most common. The large groups have settled their business interests and everything is kind of already cut between these groups in the largest cities, as I said before - focus is more on earning money together rather than kill each other.

There are many speculations why Yaponchik was in the US. Some even absurd ones that Russian government sent him there. Basically, he was one of few Vory V Zakone who were located at that time in US. I guess his main business was to overlook other criminal groups and act as a judge between conflicts. Also to collect funds for the Obshak and look it over. Before his arrival, all these small Russian-Jew groups were out of control, it is said he kind of brought order in Brighton Beach and later even organized a shodka(criminal meeting) were it was discussed between ex-USSR crime group leaders of cutting territories in US. Nayfield had connections with Vory V Zakone, such as Aleksandr "Bor/Timoha Gomelskiy" Timoshenko(killed in 2014) who was in US, they are mentioned in a case together where some Efim Laskin was stabbed to death in New York. I guess if he was in contact with them, then he was connected to them. I doubt Nayfield was connected to Solncevskaya directly, maybe only trough Vory who he knew.

I strongly doubt that he ever was a send out from Solncevskaya, probably he worked together with them on some businesses or supported them. A Vor V Zakone cannot work for someone, it's against ponyatiya. And he was kind of to be one of the few who followed old traditions of Thieves in Law.

In US probably you're right about that they are low key. Most we hear is about medicare or credit card fraud, rarely some groups that engage into classic rackets like extortion or robberies. Back in Russia or other ex-USSR countries they hold the real power and presence.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951347
08/26/18 04:11 PM
08/26/18 04:11 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Thanks for clearing that up, ThePolakVet. There's probably a lot of misinformation going around regarding Russian OC.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951363
08/26/18 07:12 PM
08/26/18 07:12 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

The Vors who are in their 40s-50s are hardcore those guys came up in the 90´s right after the fall of communism.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951449
08/27/18 03:36 PM
08/27/18 03:36 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Last edited by Hollander; 08/27/18 03:51 PM.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951450
08/27/18 03:50 PM
08/27/18 03:50 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Didn't know the Colombians had the numbers to attack the Georgians in NY prisons. Didn't even know there were still enough of them around down that neck of the woods. Dominicans and Puerto Ricans seem to dominate the Hispanic jail population in NYC.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: TheKillingJoke] #951451
08/27/18 03:52 PM
08/27/18 03:52 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Didn't know the Colombians had the numbers to attack the Georgians in NY prisons. Didn't even know there were still enough of them around down that neck of the woods. Dominicans and Puerto Ricans seem to dominate the Hispanic jail population in NYC.

They said it was a Latin-American prison gang.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951453
08/27/18 04:07 PM
08/27/18 04:07 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander

They said it was a Latin-American prison gang.

Yeah but both articles mention Colombians. Didn't even know the Colombians had distinct prison gangs in the US. There's probably more than a few Colombian drug traffickers behind bars in NYC, but as far as prison gangs go down there? My money's more on the Latin Kings or Netas on the Puerto Rican side of the fence or the Trinitarios for the Dominicans.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951479
08/27/18 07:44 PM
08/27/18 07:44 PM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
what is his name of inmates at MDC brooklyn I can not find him anywhere in federal inmates?
Unlike others like Zurab Dzhanashvilli or Avtandil Khurtsidze

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951501
08/28/18 07:29 AM
08/28/18 07:29 AM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
under which name is it registered razdhen shulaya or razdhen pitersky or others?

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #951508
08/28/18 10:26 AM
08/28/18 10:26 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
The Vors who are in their 40s-50s are hardcore those guys came up in the 90´s right after the fall of communism.

Pretty much whoever was in a gang or bigger organized group in the 90's in Russia and survived till nowdays are pretty lucky and also pretty thought guys. That time was just wild. 1

If Razhden is a real Vor and stands by his status, this probably will be not forgiven. Lets see what comes out of it.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: ThePolakVet] #951542
08/28/18 09:28 PM
08/28/18 09:28 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member

Solntsevskaya is not composed of independently running brigades. The group itself was formed in late 1980's in Moscow neighborhood Solncevo. Popular for those times the group absorbed and recruited smaller brigades under them, by good will or force. Such as in Latvia Valeriy "Tsigan(Gipsy)" Berlin said to be connected with most biggest crime group in Latvia - Kharitonov's Brigade, was killed due to refusing paying tax to Solncevskaya while being acting boss of the group. In other regions they either recruited other groups under them or sent there their own brigades to look over business. There is nothing independent in these groups which are under Solncevskaya - they are a big criminal network which relies on each other in different ways.

Their power goes more far, having Vory V Zakone on their side and even government officials, including the president himself. Not even speaking about that they own large businesses and even banks and other financial structures.

Originally Posted by 2a

There are brigades operating from Solncevskaya and Izmailovskaya in the US, which are kind of mafia style groups but still with different structures and organizing than LCN.

As mentioned before, there is not that much of information available on these groups. I know some information, because I have loose connections to people who are involved with some groups or illegal businesses in my country. The small groups get arrested and prosecuted, the ones which are not so organized. Big groups like Solncevskaya are more smart, better investing and more reasonable. It's not the 90's anymore, when they needed to run around with guns and extort farmers selling tomatoes on the local market - that business now goes to small crews which are not smart. The big groups like Solncevskaya are more involved in financial crimes, such as fraud or large scale scams, not the typical LCN crimes which they make money on.

Speaking about media, @TheKillingJoke - Media is a business that runs on peoples attention. So they will make a sensation over everything. There is no doubt, that Russian groups are one of the most powerful in the world when it comes to business or eliminating their enemies. But I doubt that in US they are there to make danger to the average American unless they get involved in a bad way themselves. It's pretty logic - you fuck with criminals, they'll fuck you up, doesn't matter what ethnic they are. They are just there to make business, and mostly it's not violent one.

Are there any recent articles about the activities of the Solntsevskaya and Izmailovskaya linked brigades that operate in the US ?

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: 2a] #951681
08/30/18 12:14 PM
08/30/18 12:14 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Originally Posted by 2a

Are there any recent articles about the activities of the Solntsevskaya and Izmailovskaya linked brigades that operate in the US ?

Hard to find, to be honest. I know that they are there from a guy I did time together back in 2013, he was deported from United States and said there in Boston in some immigrant prison he was, some guys were as well connected with these both groups.

Only most sites mention that they are active there. Also there some Russian articles that mention that mostly these groups use US for laundering money and buying Real Estate or doing large investments in legal businesses. However, I found these:

Organization Attributes Sheet – Izmailovskaya(I think could be after 2010, as youngest resource is from 2010)4
http://research.ridgway.pitt.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IzmailovskayaPROFILEFINAL.pdf

Very familiar about Solncevskaya:
http://research.ridgway.pitt.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/SolntsevskayaBratvaPROFILEFINAL.pdf

RUSSIAN ORGANIZED CRIME IN
THE UNITED STATES(2007)
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/218560.pdf

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #952011
09/02/18 04:04 PM
09/02/18 04:04 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Thief in law Razhden Pitersky wins fight with pretend thief Pelmen from Brighton Beach
https://en.crimerussia.com/criminal...retend-thief-pelmen-from-brighton-beach/

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #952020
09/02/18 05:42 PM
09/02/18 05:42 PM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
under what name razdhen shulaya or razdhen pitersky is he incarcerated he is not found in federal inmates if someone can help me thank you in advance.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #952078
09/03/18 12:08 PM
09/03/18 12:08 PM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
Can anyone tell me?

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #952092
09/03/18 01:32 PM
09/03/18 01:32 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
No idea man, try combinations of it.

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #952099
09/03/18 01:55 PM
09/03/18 01:55 PM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
I try nothing is weird it's like even the chef and all the others are there

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #952586
09/08/18 04:34 AM
09/08/18 04:34 AM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Mini Mike Tyson’ sentenced to 10 years in prison for work as mob enforcer

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/nypost....-in-prison-for-work-as-mob-enforcer/amp/

Re: US targets 'Thieves-in-Law' [Re: Hollander] #952589
09/08/18 07:22 AM
09/08/18 07:22 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Mini Mike Tyson’ sentenced to 10 years in prison for work as mob enforcer

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/nypost....-in-prison-for-work-as-mob-enforcer/amp/

Any info on the fight he and Shulaya had with the Colombians? Maybe Tsvetkov who he fought before was behind it?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull