GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 105 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,171
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 155 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918853
08/24/17 10:06 PM
08/24/17 10:06 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: Ciment

Link below is to the obituary notice on the website of the funeral home where Antonio De Blasio's visitation is being held. The funeral home is in St. Leonard, but De Blasio isn't being shown at the Loreto.

https://www.urgelbourgie.com/en/necrology-obituaries/47818-antonio-de-blasio

I wouldn't read too much into it. His spouse is French Canadian. She probably felt more comfortable with that particular funeral home.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #918857
08/25/17 12:02 AM
08/25/17 12:02 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
^^^^
Before the Loreto was built, one of the funeral homes of choice for the Montrealers who were in the life was this Urgel Bourgie location on Beaubien. Joe Lo Presti's visitation was at this particular location.

But there is a reason I won't read into De Blasio's funeral arrangements, as I was being coy in my previous post. I noticed a few months ago that the Loreto website wasn't showing any visitations after April 24, possibly because of the arson on April 25. If a deceased had previous arrangements with the Loreto and his or her family has had to make other funeral-home arrangements, that is just a disgraceful business practice by the owners of the Loreto. It's downright scandalous.

Last edited by antimafia; 08/25/17 12:58 AM. Reason: Changed date of April 20 to April 24.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918866
08/25/17 09:30 AM
08/25/17 09:30 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/08/24/le...te-surveillance

Police officers were reportedly intimidated outside the funeral home by relatives of Antonio De Blasio.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918874
08/25/17 11:39 AM
08/25/17 11:39 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Wow, looks like Cazzetta will be back at home soon.

The article to which I've linked below clarifies some issues.

Hells Angel Salvatore Cazzetta won't face a gangsterism charge

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...sterism-charge/

An update:

Salvatore Cazzetta demande sa libération provisoire

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...-provisoire.php

Another update: Cazzetta was released this morning.

Salvatore Cazzetta libéré provisoirement

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...visoirement.php

Salvatore Cazzetta: la poursuite en appel

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...te-en-appel.php

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918875
08/25/17 11:42 AM
08/25/17 11:42 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Alleged Montreal Mafia leaders Rizzuto and Sollecito will have trial separate from others

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...te-from-others/

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918881
08/25/17 01:35 PM
08/25/17 01:35 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
For those speaking about Nick being hit at home like that, no it wasn't anywhere long enough for a true "sniper" hit, as he was probably close enough to fire in with a pistol if he wanted. He simply got to comfortable being at home and it cost him. He probably even thought nobody would even hit him at home.

Anti, a lot of funeral homes do that here with pre-paid services. They'll pop up, take in a bunch of money, and then fold up. Gives the good folks a bad name. Not sure if the Loreto done that or not.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918889
08/25/17 04:52 PM
08/25/17 04:52 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Alleged Montreal Mafia leaders Rizzuto and Sollecito will have trial separate from others

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...te-from-others/

Rizzuto et Sollecito obtiennent un procès séparé

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...oces-separe.php

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918915
08/26/17 09:42 AM
08/26/17 09:42 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
^^^^
Un mégaprocès réservé à deux présumés leaders de la mafia

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/08/25/un-megaproces-reserve-a-deux-presumes-leaders-de-la-mafia-1

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918921
08/26/17 11:27 AM
08/26/17 11:27 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The Rizzuto trial in english is good for us.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Dwalin2011] #918932
08/26/17 01:57 PM
08/26/17 01:57 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
The Rizzutos were not ordering any hits at the time when the old man got taken out, they were getting their butts handed to them until Desjardins hit Montagna and then he and Mirachi were taken off of the streets. It was only then that the Rizzutos were able to fight back, before that all of their guys were sitting ducks.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918941
08/26/17 03:12 PM
08/26/17 03:12 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
In your opinion, why didn't Di Maulo at least try to hit Vito when he returned from the USA? He surely knew he would be the priority as a target, since he was the only one of the 3 main "conspirators" still on the streets and free, therefore easy to kill, since Desjardins was already in prison and Montagna dead. If Vito died, maybe Di Maulo would have become boss at the end if some Rizzuto loyalists decided to "change loyalties" impressed by Vito's murder (if it had happened), at least trying is better than nothing. And, if he was so willing to die and had a "philosophical" approach towards "being sentenced to death by the boss", like Sonny Black decades ago in the USA, then why did he participate in the anti-Rizzuto "rebellion" in the first place? Di Maulo's actions before and after Vito's return seem to contradict one another, in the end he started acting out of character imo. In your opinion, what could be the reason? Even if he felt he had little chance, trying would have been better than nothing.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #918948
08/26/17 05:06 PM
08/26/17 05:06 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Sollecito is from Grumo Appula, a village near Bari, Italy.

And Arcadi from Reggio Calabria province, I read a few days ago that another Francesco Arcadi is a member of the 'locale' of Marina di Gioiosa Ionica. Those guys are also in the GTA.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #918954
08/26/17 07:29 PM
08/26/17 07:29 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Police officers were reportedly intimidated outside the funeral home by relatives of Antonio De Blasio.

That will only piss them off.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Dwalin2011] #918961
08/26/17 09:37 PM
08/26/17 09:37 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
In your opinion, why didn't Di Maulo at least try to hit Vito when he returned from the USA? He surely knew he would be the priority as a target, since he was the only one of the 3 main "conspirators" still on the streets and free, therefore easy to kill, since Desjardins was already in prison and Montagna dead. If Vito died, maybe Di Maulo would have become boss at the end if some Rizzuto loyalists decided to "change loyalties" impressed by Vito's murder (if it had happened), at least trying is better than nothing. And, if he was so willing to die and had a "philosophical" approach towards "being sentenced to death by the boss", like Sonny Black decades ago in the USA, then why did he participate in the anti-Rizzuto "rebellion" in the first place? Di Maulo's actions before and after Vito's return seem to contradict one another, in the end he started acting out of character imo. In your opinion, what could be the reason? Even if he felt he had little chance, trying would have been better than nothing.

From what I remember Di Maulo was not one of the primary movers against the Rizzutos, he was older and obviously very wealthy and probably didn't want to go to war at that point in this life. I think that it was Montagna, Desjardins, and DeVito who were the main engines behind the war, Di Maulo was at most in an advisory role. Desjardins was his brother in law, so I think that he was in a tough spot. I also remember reading that he let Montagna and the Calabrians take a sports book that belonged to the Rizzutos and that obviously pissed Vito off. Maybe he told Vito "Hey, I was in a tough spot, I had you on the one hand and my brother in law on the other, what was I supposed to do? You are back and my brother in law is in jail, so I am fine with going back to the old status quo." He might have thought that that was enough, it is possible that Rizzuto even said "Ok, let's let bygones be bygones, all is forgiven." He was obviously very clever, maybe he told Di Maulo enough to make him believe that all was forgiven so that he would drop his guard and was easier to hit. It could have also been that he was older, had lived his whole life in Montreal, and did not think that there was anywhere that he could go. Maybe with all of the leaders of the anti-Rizzuto faction either dead or in jail, he thought that he did not have the muscle to make peace and that his only option, as much of a long shot as it was, was to try and re-establish a good relationship with Rizzuto.

A lot of things don't make sense to me, like how Tony Magi is still alive, even though it seems to be common knowledge that he set up Nick Rizzuto's murder. Also, where does Tony Mucci fit in, he was really close to Moreno Gallo and as far as I know the Rizzuto faction had no problem with him. Hopefully some day a cooperator is able to shine some light on where everyone stood and who was with who when the fighting broke out and then when Rizzuto came home.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918964
08/26/17 10:06 PM
08/26/17 10:06 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I agree JC and don't forget Frank Cotroni's sons, they always seemed ambitious.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #918988
08/27/17 11:31 AM
08/27/17 11:31 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Good analysis. I think Tony Magi is still alive because contrary to others hasn't dropped his guard and is under 24/7 protection. People have tried to get to him after Vito's return. As for Mucci, he was close to people of the old Cotroni faction but seemed to have chosen to stay neutral during the war. He was even threatened to chose the anti-Rizzuto side. I've also been one of the few who believed Di Maulo wasn't actively participiting in the take-over but I don't think he was neutral either. He may very well have been killed because he didn't do anything to stop Desjardins.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #918989
08/27/17 11:34 AM
08/27/17 11:34 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: Hollander

That will only piss them off.

I agree, for the most part some get mad at the media but to get mad a the police will only empower them to use more intimidation tactics.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: JC] #918997
08/27/17 04:39 PM
08/27/17 04:39 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JC

From what I remember Di Maulo was not one of the primary movers against the Rizzutos, he was older and obviously very wealthy and probably didn't want to go to war at that point in this life. I think that it was Montagna, Desjardins, and DeVito who were the main engines behind the war, Di Maulo was at most in an advisory role.

Thanks for the information, I honestly didn't know De Vito was a main player here. But was he even made? I think I read somewhere he was an associate although a big earner, so what would he gain by overthrowing the Rizzuto group? Promotion to soldier (he couldn't become boss or capo just like that without "working" for some time at least as a made member)? Desjardins isn't made because he has no Italian blood, so at the end only Montagna could grab the power and become boss; unless Desjardins controlled him behind the scenes like a "non-formal" power, but he obviously couldn't since he had to kill Montagna to avoid being killed himself. So who he thought should be boss after the Rizzutos got killed, if he himself wasn't arrested for Montagna's murder? Would he have tried to convince Di Maulo to step up as boss, or did he initially think he could control Montagna, but was mistaken almost at cost of his life? I know we can only make speculations, but still....

But that De Vito was a main figure here, not a secondary character, this is completely new to me. In your opinion, did they poison him in prison at Vito RIzzuto's order? But if he was powerful enough to get to prisoners too, why didn't he kill Desjardins as well?

I agree that hopefully somebody will eventually give information...But as I said before, imo they missed a possible (although small) chance by making a deal with Desjardins instead of asking for the maximum penalty. As unbelievable as it sounds, that he would ever tell anything, there have been cases in mafia history when gangsters who nobody could ever think would cooperate, ratted everybody out all of a sudden on a certain point (take Lonardo and Massino for instance). If somebody among the Montreal gangsters really knows much (at least among the ones currently in jail), it's Desjardins, and imo it would have been worthy to at least try to make him crack by giving him life (or is it 25 years maximum in Canada, I don't remember). He isn't that young and has done not-so-short prison stretches before, so who knows what would his position be after other 10 or 15 years in jail with still at least other 10 ahead. Maybe he would at least tell about the gangsters that are already dead. Or is it considered ratting all the same, like testifying against living ones?

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 08/27/17 05:39 PM.

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Dwalin2011] #918998
08/27/17 05:29 PM
08/27/17 05:29 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Desjardins isn't made because he has no Italian blood, so at the end only Montagna could grab the power and become boss

That is still up for debate. wink
Montagna was just crazy he didn't have the support in Quebec needed to become a player like the Desjardins family. Ray's son Mathieu Desjardins is half Italian so in theory they can make him.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #918999
08/27/17 05:47 PM
08/27/17 05:47 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Hollander
Desjardins isn't made because he has no Italian blood, so at the end only Montagna could grab the power and become boss

That is still up for debate. wink
Montagna was just crazy he didn't have the support in Quebec needed to become a player like the Desjardins family. Ray's son Mathieu Desjardins is half Italian so in theory they can make him.

Maybe, though I imagine there would have been quite a lot of....objection among the mafiosi when a traditionally Italian organization gets "officially" under control of somebody with last name Desjardins smile If I remember well what I read, when they accept half Italians, they are more willing to take ones who are Italians on father's side, I only remember Charles "Chucky" Porter from Pittsburgh as an exception. But it would be really interesting though, a boss of an Italian mob named Mathieu Desjardins! It would be like having somebody with last name Ivanov as president of France or somebody named Wang or Chen in charge in Germany.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 08/27/17 05:50 PM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #919007
08/27/17 06:49 PM
08/27/17 06:49 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Police operation interrupts party for Hells Angels associates

http://montrealgazette.com/news/sq-monit...mbert-de-lauzon

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #919039
08/28/17 12:55 PM
08/28/17 12:55 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
I just watched the three minute video of the emergency services pounding on De Blasio's chest and you can hear one of his children screaming 'Daddy' over and over and over in the background. Just horrifying. These people are sick.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #919072
08/29/17 05:01 AM
08/29/17 05:01 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

He is 71 years old but still a person with a high risk of recurrence . For this reason, despite his advanced age, Alfonso Caruana, who was suggested by investigators as head of the Cun trera mafia family and nicknamed "the boss of two worlds", must Remain in custody. The Turin Judicial Tribunal established it with a decision confirmed by the Supreme Court.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #919079
08/29/17 07:56 AM
08/29/17 07:56 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...tite-italie.php

A 70-year-old mafioso forced to avoid Little Italy.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #919080
08/29/17 10:53 AM
08/29/17 10:53 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...tite-italie.php

A 70-year-old mafioso forced to avoid Little Italy.

REPUTED MOBSTER BANNED FROM LITTLE ITALY

http://fw.to/IYcEiDX

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #919114
08/30/17 06:09 AM
08/30/17 06:09 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #919117
08/30/17 06:20 AM
08/30/17 06:20 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/08...exy-de-rosemont

Cocktail Molotov at a sexy waitress restaurant on Rosemont boulevard.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #919123
08/30/17 11:08 AM
08/30/17 11:08 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...artment-hallway

Montreal North man dead after being gunned down in apartment hallway

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #919124
08/30/17 11:12 AM
08/30/17 11:12 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...-identifiee.php

The man killed Tuesday night in an apartment building in the Montréal-Nord borough is Valéry Belange, La Presse reported .

Belange, 31, was to be sentenced on September 21 for a drug trafficking case from 2015. The victim, who had been living in the Saint-Léonard district until recently, had also been sentenced to a few days in jail this year, for a possession of narcotics.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #919128
08/30/17 01:39 PM
08/30/17 01:39 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...ells-angels.php

Larry Amero, an influential member of the Hells Angels of British Columbia, was granted a stay of proceedings this morning

Page 53 of 155 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull