GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, joepuzzles234), 88 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,737
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,861
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 53 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 52 53
Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980386
11/04/19 04:40 PM
11/04/19 04:40 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

The 'ndrangheta and the aid to Messina Denaro, seven suspects close to the Alvaro and Morabito clans
by Rocco Muscari - 04 November 2019

The criminal proceedings against 7 people did not pass the scrutiny of the Palermo magistrate, some considered close to the Alvaro di Sinopoli coterie and at least one to the Morabito consortium of Africo , who were investigated for various reasons «to have helped fugitive Matteo Messina Denaro to escape execution of the penalties inflicted on him, with the aggravating circumstance of having committed the act in order to facilitate the mafia association Cosa Nostra ».

The Palermo magistrate - reported the Gazzetta del Sud on newsstands - has filed the reasons for the decision with which he declared the non-place to proceed against the suspects with the formula "because the fact does not exist".

In the investigative context, the Palermo Antimafia Procura has collaborated with that of Reggio due to what seems to link to a single common denominator of Sicily with some of Calabria , in terms of mutual relationship of criminal business.

The investigation, in fact, develops around the statements made by a collaborator of justice who, although born in the province of Biella, would have been affiliated to a 'ndrina linked to the Alvaro. The collaborator between November 2015 and January 2016 told the magistrates of Genoa before and of Palermo after having learned of ties between Cosa Nostra and 'ndrangheta.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980428
11/05/19 01:09 PM
11/05/19 01:09 PM
M
m2w Online content
Underboss
m2w  Online Content
M
Underboss
Radical figure accused of being Mafiosi messenger
Nicosia allegedly conveyed messages during jail visits

(ANSA) - Rome, November 4 - Antonello Nicosia, a senior figure within the Italian Radicals party, was detained on Monday in relation to allegations he acted as messenger for Mafia bosses during prison visits, sources said.
Nicosia was among five people taken to prison in Monday's operation ordered by Palermo prosecutors.
Accursio Dimino, a boss in the Sciacca Cosa Nostra clan who was regained freedom on 2016 after serving two jail terms, was also targeted in the operation.
Nicosia, who is accused of mafia association and aiding and abetting, has been an advocate for prisoners rights for many years.
He allegedly took messages from jailed mobsters during prison visits he conducted thanks to links with MP Giuseppina Occhionero, who was elected as a member of the leftwing LeU group but recently joined the centrist Italia Viva (IV) party, and passed them on to mafiosi in the outside world. Occhionero is not under investigation but she will be questioned as a witness, sources said. In wiretap recordings cited in the detention warrant, Nicosia allegedly insulted slain anti-mafia magistrate Giovanni Falcone and called fugitive Cosa Nostra boss Matteo Messina Denaro "our prime minister".

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: m2w] #980483
11/06/19 03:48 PM
11/06/19 03:48 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Originally Posted by m2w

Accursio Dimino, a boss in the Sciacca Cosa Nostra clan who was regained freedom on 2016 after serving two jail terms, was also targeted in the operation.

There is an article Dimino wanted to emigrate to the US or Canada in order to invest money in the gambling sector or even to become a killer for the local mob. He had links with mafia members over there, like Franco Montagna (brother of Sal the Ironworker), Frank Calì, Leonardo Zinna, Stefano Turricciano, Sergio Gucciardi and others.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980543
11/07/19 10:57 AM
11/07/19 10:57 AM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by m2w

There is an article Dimino wanted to emigrate to the US or Canada in order to invest money in the gambling sector or even to become a killer for the local mob. He had links with mafia members over there, like Franco Montagna (brother of Sal the Ironworker), Frank Calì, Leonardo Zinna, Stefano Turricciano, Sergio Gucciardi and others.

The two also declared that they were able to export the rules of Cosa nostra to America, that the Calabrians had gained too much ground even overseas. "We need to know if they have the rules, if they don't have them we will teach them," says Nicosia.

Nicosia was leaving for the States when he was arrested on the mafia association charge a few days ago.

Last edited by Hollander; 11/07/19 11:06 AM.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980779
11/11/19 09:25 AM
11/11/19 09:25 AM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Mafia state, Berlusconi summoned as a witness does not respond to the judges
11-11-2019 12:31:03

The hearing was postponed to November 25 at the courthouse at 9.30

State-mafia, the Court: Berlusconi witnessed witnessed
Mafia state, asked for 9 years in prison for Calogero Mannino. Former Minister: "Unfounded Request"
Mafia state, the appeals process on the negotiations and the massacres opened

Silvio Berlusconi does not speak in the Ucciardone bunker in Palermo where he was summoned to be heard in the appeal process on the so-called State-mafia negotiation, as an witness witnessed. The founder of Forza Italia made use of the right to remain silent.

"On the advice of my lawyers, I have the right to remain silent," the former prime minister told the court. As soon as he entered the court, the judges had explained to him the prerogatives guaranteed to him by the witnessed witness status, a status determined by the fact that he had an inquiry hanging in Florence on the massacres of '93, therefore on facts "probationally connected" to those object of the trial " negotiation". The court, therefore, preliminarily warned the former prime minister of the possibility of not answering specifying, moreover, that if he replied he would have assumed "the office of witness", so he would have had to tell the truth. In the courtroom there were also the lawyers of the former prime minister, the lawyers Franco Coppi and Nicolò Ghedini.

In addition to not answering the questions, the former prime minister also denied permission to be filmed and photographed in the classroom. The hearing was postponed to November 25th.

Berlusconi in 2018: "No threat from Cosa Nostra"
"Today there was the sentence in Palermo. I say that the attempt to put my name to the story of the State-mafia negotiation is absurd and ridiculous." Thus, on April 20, 2018, Silvio Berlusconi expressed himself in the interview that Marcello Dell'Utri's lawyers would have liked to let him hear again before the former prime minister, summoned as witnessed witness at the request of the defense of the former senator of FI, decided not to respond. The request was not accepted by the panel chaired by Angelo Pellino, who had rejected the petition of the lawyer Francesco Centonze at the opening of the hearing. "I would like to remind you that, in the meantime, we did not receive any threat from the Mafia or its representatives in 1994," Berlusconi continued in the interview that was published in the trial on 22 July.
Source: rainews

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980879
11/13/19 05:44 AM
11/13/19 05:44 AM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Three men of Messina Denaro have been arrested for international hashish trafficking the former lawyer Antonio Messina, 73, Giacomo Tamburello, 59, and Nicolò Mistretta, 64.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980941
11/14/19 03:59 PM
11/14/19 03:59 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Originally Posted by Hollander
Three men of Messina Denaro have been arrested for international hashish trafficking the former lawyer Antonio Messina, 73, Giacomo Tamburello, 59, and Nicolò Mistretta, 64.

Messina is a freemason he was arrested in northern Italy, Bologna. Police said Denaro, called Iddu (Him) by his subordinates, may have been driven to Trapani rail station recently by one of the three people arrested. In wiretaps Giuseppe Fidanzati, son of Gaetano, said he recently met Messina Denaro in Trapani, so he could be involved in the drug ring. His uncle Stefano Fidanzati is considered by police among the biggest mafia bosses in Palermo.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980942
11/14/19 04:02 PM
11/14/19 04:02 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
How do we know he is a mason?also could you explain what that means
Thanks I’m new in case that has been explained already

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: MolochioInduced] #980943
11/14/19 04:16 PM
11/14/19 04:16 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Originally Posted by MolochioInduced
How do we know he is a mason?also could you explain what that means
Thanks I’m new in case that has been explained already

Investigators said so, he had been banned as a lawyer for his background. Recently there were several probes into Freemasonry in Sicily they even found lists of members.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980944
11/14/19 04:24 PM
11/14/19 04:24 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
I understand, thank you. P2

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: MolochioInduced] #980945
11/14/19 04:28 PM
11/14/19 04:28 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

I understand, thank you. P2

Yeah these are the successors of P2 in the media sometimes called P3 or P4, but in reality they use other names.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: MolochioInduced] #980946
11/14/19 04:29 PM
11/14/19 04:29 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
What parts of Sicily were targeted, is the Stidda prevalent in those regions?

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: MolochioInduced] #980947
11/14/19 04:34 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Stella= Star of Freedom
Holy Mother=Southern Italy
One Kingdom= Naples to Sicily

Those guys are serious all across the globe, its like number 3
Sicilians The Church and the Bank

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: MolochioInduced] #980948
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Thanks for the info man!

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: MolochioInduced] #980949
11/14/19 04:40 PM
11/14/19 04:40 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

What parts of Sicily were targeted, is the Stidda prevalent in those regions?

No, Trapani and Palermo, but it's a good question Stidda itself is also a masonic symbol.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #980950
11/14/19 04:49 PM
11/14/19 04:49 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Right on, the whole thing I believe has to do with blood that doesn’t forgive or forget and blood that didn’t escape. Recently would be when Aliester Crowley was in Southern Italy doing his sickening stuff, eventually he was nearly beaten to death in Sicily, legend is this gave way to Leggio and his rise

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981074
11/16/19 09:06 PM
11/16/19 09:06 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

One of the upcoming guys in Palermo is Sergio Damiani, called the "Pope". He got five years on Friday and is already in prison for an 11-year sentence received as part of the "Nuovo Mandamento" operation. But once released, he would become the regent of the Monreale family.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981090
11/17/19 09:25 AM
11/17/19 09:25 AM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Name rings a bell, prior to Provenzano and Riina dying there was an agreement to let some pettini return into the fold. Return back to the time of Caesar and God, as well as a new style of Cupola. Apparently this involved high ranking members of the Camorra, Ndrangheta, Sacra Corona and Cosa Nostra in Italy and around the world. The increase in Zip crews in the states as well as their acceptance and success are signs of this maybe being true. The resurrected P2 or P3, 4 or whatever is the glue. Leoluca Bagarella is one of the last of Leggio’s Corleonesi still alive which would give him information and options that few people still have

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: MolochioInduced] #981092
11/17/19 09:38 AM
11/17/19 09:38 AM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
This from what I know, have been told and observed is somehow responsible for the events in Canada, specifically in Montreal, Toronto and Hamilton since Rizzuto was transferred and sentenced in the States. Recall that Vito was convicted in absentia in 2006 for the bridge from Messina to Reggio, as well as Binu being caught. That the Rizzutos are West Coast of Sicily, which is basically blood with Palermo, as well as Bagarella being the Leggio in Reggio, stated by Riina himself during testimony after he was captured

Last edited by MolochioInduced; 11/17/19 09:40 AM.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981162
11/18/19 12:23 PM
11/18/19 12:23 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Mafia, the minutes of the repentant Caruana
"Here are the secrets of the Santapaola"
by Laura Distefano

The revelations that could get into trouble several bosses and killers of Cosa Nostra.

CATANIA - Sicario, torturer, drug dealer. Dario Caruana, regretting the last hour, has always adapted to what his mafia bosses asked him. The former boss of the Santapaola-Ercolano clan has been filling pages and pages of reports since September, revealing the secrets of a piece of the Cosa Nostra story. The monthly S, currently on newsstands and online, publishes exclusive revelations that could get several bosses and killers into trouble.

It is Alessandro Strano, for years the boss of Monte Po and then migrated to the Cappello-Bonaccorsi, the one that over 25 years ago began his mafia career. But his 'godfather' has blue blood. It is Nino 'u pazzu' Santapaola, brother of Nitto, who lets him officially enter the Catano family of Cosa nostra. "I committed all the typical crimes of organized crime: robbery, extortion, drug trafficking, usury and murder", explains Caruana. And he tells, starting from tormented adolescence. "I started to kidnap as a minor - reveals the repentant to pm Rocco Liguori - in 1994 I met Alessandro Strano at the Bicocca juvenile prison, while a few years later, in 1999, I met Franco Di Venuto, intended 'u ghiacciaru', affiliate to the Santapaola clan, who introduced me to Antonino Santapaola intended 'nino u pazzu'. Nino Santapaola, whom we called Uncle Nino, joined me with Alessandro Strano, who at that time was the regent of the Santapaola family in Monte Po. In 1999 there was a blitz against the Santapaola clan and they were all arrested, including Alessandro Strano who made a brief inaction ". Everyone is in jail, Dario Caruana tries to understand what he has to do. And this is where there is 'mafia imprinting': Caruana enters the ranks of the Mirabili.

The ones that led to the early 2000s, as told by the Dionisio trial, the center of gravity of the crime in the calatino.There is an alliance with the mafia boss Ciccio La Rocca. "So I spoke again with Nino Santapaola - he says - who joined me with Giuseppe Mirabile who I already knew as a boy because we lived in the same neighborhood as the Capuchins. I can therefore say that I joined the Santapaola clan in 1999. With Giuseppe Mirabile, until 2002, we consummated OMISSIS extortions ". Caruana reveals the map of the lace, but it is covered by an investigative secret. Still prison for the santapaoliano. "Then I was arrested in 2002 and once released, in November of that year, I found Alfio and Giuseppe Mirabile who had become the regents of the Santapaola clan and I returned to their side. At the time the group was numerous and was formed by me, Alfio and Giuseppe Mirabile, by Ciccio Mirabile, father of Giuseppe OMISSIS ”. The organization chart of that era is also top secret. Perhaps there are 'sensitive' names on an investigative level.

Read on in the monthly S
Monday, November 18, 2019 - 06:31

https://catania.livesicilia.it/2019...na-ecco-i-segreti-dei-santapaola_513000/

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981334
11/21/19 07:36 PM
11/21/19 07:36 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

The businessman Donato Carbone was shot dead in a town near Milan on October 16. Today police arrested Leonardo Della Grassa, from Trapani, a referent of the 'Corleonesi clan' in Milan in the 1980s and charged in the maxi-trial against Cosa Nostra; he is suspected to have ordered the murder. The reputed killer, Edoardo Sabbatino from Palermo was also arrested.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981423
11/23/19 08:35 AM
11/23/19 08:35 AM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

According to the turncoat Emanuele Merenda, arrested in the recent blitz against the Casalesi clan in the northern region of Veneto, the super-fugitive Matteo Messina Denaro was hiding for some time in 2014 in the province of Treviso in the home of Sicilian-born Vincenzo Centineo, also arrested in the same blitz. According to police Centineo was involved in extortions and loansharking in the area along with Luciano Donadio, the Casalesi boss in Veneto.

Thanks to Carmelo !

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981510
11/24/19 02:59 PM
11/24/19 02:59 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
Was: Revis_Island
R
Underboss
Has Denaro had a lot of cash seized as well? I always see that the government seizes real estate and businesses from him more than anything.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981597
11/25/19 04:03 PM
11/25/19 04:03 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Mafia, it is war in Freemasonry
And the lodge leaves the Grand Orient

by Laura Distefano

The investigation on the "brothers" of Licata, the protest of Termini: "Fatti grave". The vertices of the Goi: "Personal Responsibilities". But there is the rupture.

"The Giordano Bruno Lodge leaves the Grand Orient of Italy". This closes the silent war between the Sicilian aprons that was created after the investigation of the Ros on the Loggia Arnaldo Da Brescia in Licata. A crossfire that was consumed by letters and notes that remained top secret. The Loggia Giordano Bruno of Termini Imerese, which comes out in the open after the investigation published in the Monthly S, had asked the Grand Orient of Italy "given the serious facts disputed by the judiciary the demolition of the columns of the Loggia AdB di Licata". A request that however did not produce any provision by the Goi. Indeed, the president of the Sicilian District Court has signed a note stating that "no disciplinary measure will be taken against the RL Arnaldo da Brescia, since the criminal responsibilities are by law exclusively personal and because the Grand Orient of Italy pursues absolute guarantee for anyone who is innocent until there are convict sentences ”.

The letter

La Loggia Giordano Bruno of Termini Imerese sent a letter bearing the date of 7 August 2019. In those two pages there are words that have the sound of an ultimatum: “Considering the recent serious judicial news reports reported also by the press national and regarding the F.lli of the GOI Sicily Lauria Vito, MV of the Loggia A.da Brescia of Licata, and Lucio Lutri, former MV of the Loggia Thought and Action of Palermo (regional official, ed), subjected to orders of custody for Mafia crimes by the GIP of the Court of Palermo, hope that the GOI Board, in accordance with the arts. 23 of the Constitution and 80/82 of the Reg., Adopt the provisions of their competence ”.

And what do the "brothers" ask the council?"The demolition of the columns of the Loggia AdB in Licata as - argue - apart from the seriousness of the alleged crimes, it emerged that the MV of the aforementioned lodge is the son of a well-known Mafia boss of Licata, a circumstance that could not be known to the F.lli Maestri who elected Lauria as MV. Moreover, the sanction to be adopted in accordance with the Constitution and Reg. Appears to be amply justified - the law continues - by the usual attacks suffered by the GOI and by the increasingly frequent Mafia-Freemasonry combinations, also endorsed by the press and information sites, as well as the seizure of the lists of members of the GOI of Sicily and Calabria by the National Antimafia Commission and the law of the Sicily Region, which requires members of Freemasonry to declare themselves as such if elected to public office, these measures which, in the light of the judicial inquiry, acquire strength and legitimacy. It is therefore necessary to give a strong signal - they add - both inside and outside the institution to show that the GOI is a stranger to mafia groups and abhors any association of its members to criminal organizations. Moreover - they explain - the adoption of a drastic sanction would serve to protect the position of all the members of the GOI Sicilia and in particular of those brothers who during these years have publicly exposed themselves, promoting actions of social solidarity and cultural activities, precisely to counteract the anti-Masonic prejudice.

The answer

The president of the Circumscription Recca responded a few weeks ago with a statement. And his decisions, with a guaranteed profile, and apparently endorsed by the Grand Master of the GOI in person, leave so many shadows. Here is the text: "The Grand Master, with the comfort of the Giunta, communicated to the Directors and Presidents present that no disciplinary measures will be taken against the RL Arnaldo da Brescia, since the criminal responsibilities are by law exclusively personal and because the Great Oriente d'Italia pursues absolute guarantees for anyone who is innocent until there are final judgments of conviction. The Giunta reached the reasoned and thoughtful conclusion that any repressive action against the Loggia in question would not be propaedeutic to the good name and to the image of the whole of Communion. The Grand Master praised the work of all the Sicilian Brothers, rejecting the idea that Sicily could be a problem for the institution, announcing its visit to the College. A big hug to everybody". The reactions were not missed. And there are those who announced his "exit from the GOI".

Farewell

Today, the press release that marks the break inside the Sicilian Goi has arrived. "The Giordano Bruno lodge of Termini Imerese abandoned the Masonic institution of the Grand Orient of Italy (GOI)", reads the note. And again: "Having taken note of the inexplicable silence behind which the GOI council was entrenched, the majority of the members of Giordano Bruno decided to abandon the Grand Orient of Italy with the intention of establishing a free and independent lodge, which both an expression - they conclude - of a primordial Freemasonry, identity and unstructured to look at without suspicion and prejudice ".

https://livesicilia.it/2019/11/25/m...loggia-lascia-il-grande-oriente_1102117/

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981623
11/26/19 09:53 AM
11/26/19 09:53 AM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Does anyone have anymore info about the Licata Brothers, I have seen the name before. I believe there is a Scoops Licata in New Jersey, is he part of this

Or is this a specific form of Mansonry?

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: MolochioInduced] #981647
11/26/19 03:51 PM
11/26/19 03:51 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Does anyone have anymore info about the Licata Brothers, I have seen the name before. I believe there is a Scoops Licata in New Jersey, is he part of this

Or is this a specific form of Mansonry?

Licata is common name among people from Sicily like Nick Licata one time LA boss, but in this case they mean the town of Licata in Agrigento province.

Brothers is what freemasons call each other so in this case those from Licata.

Last edited by Hollander; 11/26/19 03:58 PM.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981649
11/26/19 04:37 PM
11/26/19 04:37 PM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Mafia ambush for revenge among rival families: 6 life sentences for the murder of Salvatore Sciacchitano
11/26/2019 11:12 AM NewSicilia Editorial

PALERMO - The Assize Court has sentenced to life imprisonment : Natale Giuseppe Gambino, Domenico Ilardi, Lorenzo Scarantino, Francesco and Gabriele Pedalino and Antonino Profeta. Giuseppe Greco was sentenced to 22 years for mafia association. The defendants also included the name of Salvatore Profeta, now deceased.

The men were held responsible for the murder of Salvatore - called Mirko - Sciacchitano, killed in a mafia ambush for a revenge among rival families. The principal of this revenge is to be identified in the figure of Francesco Pedalino.

On 3 October 2015, Sciacchitano was shot dead by two men who struck the 29-year-old with 10 shots in via Conciliazione. This gesture was the brutal response to the attempted murder of Luigi Cona, wounded a few hours before the murder.

Last edited by Hollander; 11/26/19 04:52 PM.

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981651
11/26/19 05:19 PM
11/26/19 05:19 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
So Licata is a town in Western Sicily and the last name of Sicilians in LCN/CN

Nick Licata, boss of LA, always hear crazy things aka Mickey Mouse Crew with Jack Draga/ Mickey Cohen

I can’t find much on Nick Licata but I have seen a chart of the LCN Commission with each cities Boss, I think it was the name Licata of the LA Boss

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981864
11/30/19 08:57 AM
11/30/19 08:57 AM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Palermo police arrested Pietro Luisi, a young man on the rise and wanted since July. The man, belonging to the family of Brancaccio, was hiding in an apartment building in Via Rocco Jemma, he is one of the rising scions among mafia families.

There was also his name among the arrest warrants issued at the end of July on the Porta Nuova mafia family, including Armando and Salvatore Luisi, Pietro's brothers , who ended up in jail. He was considered reliable by the regent of the Brancaccio family, Luigi Scimò (known as Fabio), already a reference man of the boss Giuseppe Guttadauro (called u dutturi).

From the investigations of the Flying Squad, it emerged that he was considered the man of cocaine, able to weave contacts with the large families of the "Ndrangheta" and to send large quantities of cocaine to the Sicilian capital to be allocated, for example, to the market of Vucciria.

It was, for example, documented a negotiation, conducted in first person by Luisi, on behalf of the important mafia family of "Corso dei Mille", with the Barbaro family of Platì, to treat the importation to Palermo of a large lot of cocaine.

[Linked Image]

Re: Sicily's Mafia primed for reversal of fortune [Re: Hollander] #981994
12/02/19 01:16 PM
12/02/19 01:16 PM
M
m2w Online content
Underboss
m2w  Online Content
M
Underboss
Dell'Utri to complete mafia term Tuesday
Berlusconi ex-aide will be free man again

(ANSA) - Palermo, December 2 - Marecllo Dell'Utri, an ailing veteran former close friend and aide of ex-premier and media magnate Silvio Berlusconi, will complete a seven-year term for external complicity in mafia association on Tuesday and return a free man.
Dell'Utri, 78, has been under house detention for health reasons since July 2018.
After a brief flight to Lebanon, he was extradited to Italy and started serving his term in May 2014.
He has had two years off for good behaviour.
Last month Berlusconi Berlusconi used the right to remain silent at a hearing in Palermo after being called as a witness in a trial into alleged negotiations between the State and the Sicilian Mafia, in which Dell'Utris is implicated.
The media billionaire and Forza Italia leader also refused to authorize his appearance in the courtroom being filmed or photographed.
Dell'Utri,a former Senator for Berlusconi's centre-right Forza Italia (FI) party, is a defendant in a trial into alleged negotiations between the State and Cosa Nostra in the early 1990s to stop a Mafia bombing campaign.
The former three-time premier and media mogul was an "assisted witness", meaning he could remain silent but if he chose to talk, he had to tell the truth.
Berlusconi is being investigated by Florence prosecutors in relation to a series of Mafia bombings in 1993, it emerged in September.
The news came out after Berlusconi's lawyers presented documentation to a court after the media magnate was called to testify in the State-mafia talks trial.
Two previous probes into Berlusconi and the bombings were shelved.
The ex-premier's lawyers, Franco Coppi and Nicolo' Ghedini, said in a statement that the fact Berlusconi was named as being under investigation was a formality, adding they were confident this probe would be closed too.
From May to August 1993, five car bomb attacks in Rome, Florence and Milan killed ten people and injured dozens.
In addition to the Uffizi, the targets were two venerable Roman churches - San Giovanni in Laterano and San Giorgio in Velabro - and a modern art gallery in Milan.
A powerful bomb also exploded near the home of a television talk show host, Maurizio Costanzo, a vocal Mafia opponent.
Costanzo escaped unharmed.
The previous year, 1992, Cosa Nostra bombs killed anti-mafia prosecutors Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino.
Dell'Utri is credited with being the brains behind the creation of FI, using his advertising savvy to recruit telegenic and well-spoken candidates.

Page 20 of 53 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 52 53

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull