GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 105 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,162
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tony was a punk #914462
06/04/17 03:41 PM
06/04/17 03:41 PM
J
JackieAprile Offline OP
Capo
JackieAprile  Offline OP
J
Capo
Let's be honest here. There's a reason all the old guys who came out of jail, or even Junior, couldn't respect him. He was a punk. He ran his crew with no discipline. For example, when Chrissy was a nothing, an errand boy, back in '95, he was allowed to interrupt two made guys talking (Tony and Puss) about Family business. That's against the code. He lets Chris and Brendan, two associates, off lightly when they hijack Junior's truck - a high level Captain. This same act almost got Junior killed by Jackie back in '95.

When Richie took down Beansie (the first time), Beansie was right. The guy had a right to earn. What does Tony do? Instead of having a sitdown and taxing Richie for not coming to him first, and telling Beansie to kick up to Richie, he instead comes down hard on Richie, and doesn't give him anything. He sides with a civilian over an established wiseguy, a skipper.

He lets Davey Scatino walk scott free from Richie, again siding with a civilian, when Richie is in the right - Davey already owes Richie money, and he's playing in the Executive Game?

He treats Feech with contempt and takes a heavy handed approach to a guy who was a living legend.

He bumps Christopher, newly made, over Patsy, a well established made guy.

He bumps Gigi, a soldier in his crew, up to Capo of the Aprile crew, even though Ralph is the more qualified, better earning guy and has the respect of the Aprile soldiers - purely out of dislike for Ralph.

He coddles Christopher even after Christopher is revealed to be a drug addict, who openly insults Silvio, and Tony to their faces at the intervention. He spares Chris when Chris openly threatens Tony's life and pulls a gun on him, in the middle of Sil's club no less. He again spares Chris when it's discovered he's been living with a rat for at least a year and may or may not have shared damning things with her.

Let's be honest here. For as interesting as Tony was as a protagonist, in Mafia terms, he was a Punk. A disgrace. He only made it as far as he did because of his father, and because no one else wanted to be Boss.

Last edited by JackieAprile; 06/04/17 03:43 PM.
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #914478
06/04/17 06:07 PM
06/04/17 06:07 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Thank You for someone finally saying it. He was a Punk. He was egotistical and he obviously had many insecurities that he took out on others.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #914558
06/05/17 07:31 PM
06/05/17 07:31 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I think the actor that played tony probably was a punk. So in that respect your right the liberal fuck was a punk. But not anymore he is dead smile now he is a dead punk.

only the unloved hate
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #914565
06/05/17 09:16 PM
06/05/17 09:16 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
What are you talking about lol

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #914566
06/05/17 09:57 PM
06/05/17 09:57 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
I was watching some Sopranos videos on youtube a couple of days ago and saw the clip of Tony eating at Bobby and Janice's house with Bobby's kids there. I know Janice could be annoying as hell but what he said and the way he acted in their home was inexcusable.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #914608
06/06/17 11:30 AM
06/06/17 11:30 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
''Under the Boardwalk. With a Schlong in Jan's mouth..'' smile

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: BillyBrizzi] #914623
06/06/17 12:59 PM
06/06/17 12:59 PM
California
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Capo
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Capo
California
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

That's a good one but it's from when they were at Bobbys cabin.

At dinner Tony asks "What's French for I don't have a mother? Sacre Bleu where is me momma?" or something like that.

Both were hilarious.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: Mikey_Sunset] #914641
06/06/17 04:22 PM
06/06/17 04:22 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

At dinner Tony asks "What's French for I don't have a mother? Sacre Bleu where is me momma?" or something like that.

Both were hilarious.

Yeah that's the scene I was talking about.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #914738
06/07/17 11:24 AM
06/07/17 11:24 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Michael_Giovanni
Originally Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Both were hilarious.

Yeah that's the scene I was talking about.

Yep, you're right, got those scenes mixed up. In the cabin they get in to that fist fight, which will hurt Tony's fragile ego tremendously.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #914771
06/07/17 04:33 PM
06/07/17 04:33 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Baccala trying to drive up that tree...

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #915009
06/10/17 09:08 AM
06/10/17 09:08 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #915732
06/21/17 12:57 AM
06/21/17 12:57 AM
mafiachronicles Offline
mafiachronicles.com
mafiachronicles  Offline
mafiachronicles.com
Associate
His mother Livia would have made one heck of a boss thats for sure. lol

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."

www.instagram.com/mafiachronicles
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #916056
06/26/17 09:38 AM
06/26/17 09:38 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
I love the show and still watch it to this day but tony is a rat. What he did with fetch would never be accepted in the street or the prison system. That's cooperation. Anyone who's ever been in the street knows this and even more so if you've been incacerated. Chase fkd up with that one or maybe he didn't and he inteded on us seeing tony for what he is. I wouldn't say he was a punk ... He didn't seem to have fear in his heart but he was insecure to the point it would have gotten him killed or locked up early in the gamein real life.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: BobbyPazzo] #916058
06/26/17 09:48 AM
06/26/17 09:48 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
I love the show and still watch it to this day but tony is a rat. What he did with fetch would never be accepted in the street or the prison system. That's cooperation. Anyone who's ever been in the street knows this and even more so if you've been incacerated. Chase fkd up with that one or maybe he didn't and he inteded on us seeing tony for what he is. I wouldn't say he was a punk ... He didn't seem to have fear in his heart but he was insecure to the point it would have gotten him killed or locked up early in the gamein real life.

Totally unacceptable, over here in Europe it's nothing different.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #916672
07/08/17 11:27 AM
07/08/17 11:27 AM
D
DonKostic Offline
Button
DonKostic  Offline
D
Button
In real life, Richie Aprile would have been whacked much earlier than he was. A boss of a family is not gonna tolerate disobedience, not even from a capo. The moment Tony says "don't touch Beansie", that puts Beansie under Tony's protection. The BOSS's protection. And Richie had the balls to attack him again? He had the balls to disrespect Tony's poker game?

I felt that was so unrealistic with Richie. He disobeyed and disrespected Tony at every turn. No realistic mob boss would ever stand for it.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: DonKostic] #916673
07/08/17 12:08 PM
07/08/17 12:08 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DonKostic
In real life, Richie Aprile would have been whacked much earlier than he was. A boss of a family is not gonna tolerate disobedience, not even from a capo. The moment Tony says "don't touch Beansie", that puts Beansie under Tony's protection. The BOSS's protection. And Richie had the balls to attack him again? He had the balls to disrespect Tony's poker game?

I felt that was so unrealistic with Richie. He disobeyed and disrespected Tony at every turn. No realistic mob boss would ever stand for it.

I agree with you, that's true !

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #916937
07/13/17 04:59 PM
07/13/17 04:59 PM
B,ham, Alabama
SicilianDownSouth Offline
Wiseguy
SicilianDownSouth  Offline
Wiseguy
B,ham, Alabama
Tony was a yuppie gangster. He even admitted it in the first season when he was talking to his mother about going to the retirement community. And because he was a yuppie that was only concerned about himself and the disrespect he showed to some of the older gangsters in his family and New York I don't think he would have fared well in prison. In the end if he was facing a major RICO indictment I think he would have flipped.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: Footreads] #941242
05/26/18 08:23 PM
05/26/18 08:23 PM
Pittsburgh,PA
LaFamiglia Offline
Made Member
LaFamiglia  Offline
Made Member
Pittsburgh,PA
So disrespectful. James Gandolfini was a great actor and a great human being. How dare you even say such a thing.

You know, we always called each other good fellas. Like you said to, uh, somebody, :You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a good fella. He's one of us.: You understand? We were good fellas.
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: LaFamiglia] #941248
05/26/18 09:35 PM
05/26/18 09:35 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by LaFamiglia
So disrespectful. James Gandolfini was a great actor and a great human being. How dare you even say such a thing.

I 2nd that.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #941249
05/26/18 09:55 PM
05/26/18 09:55 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by JackieAprile
Let's be honest here. There's a reason all the old guys who came out of jail, or even Junior, couldn't respect him. He was a punk. He ran his crew with no discipline. For example, when Chrissy was a nothing, an errand boy, back in '95, he was allowed to interrupt two made guys talking (Tony and Puss) about Family business.

Chris was Tony's protege. This gave him a longer leash to break protocol.

When Richie took down Beansie (the first time), Beansie was right. The guy had a right to earn. What does Tony do? Instead of having a sitdown and taxing Richie for not coming to him first, and telling Beansie to kick up to Richie, he instead comes down hard on Richie, and doesn't give him anything. He sides with a civilian over an established wiseguy, a skipper.

Tony launders money through Beansie's restaurant, which is why he didn't want any hot headed gangster confrontations in the place like the one Richie had with Beansie.

Make no mistake, Richie went into that place to challenge Tony's authority. He used Beansie's debt as a technicality. It was out of line for Richie to show up to one of Tony's restaurants with that attitude.

He lets Davey Scatino walk scott free from Richie, again siding with a civilian, when Richie is in the right - Davey already owes Richie money, and he's playing in the Executive Game?

It was a tax. Again, Richie going Little Caesar right in front of important civilian clientele, among them Frank Sinatra Jr. That game is more important than Richie's petty beef with Scatino, which was also a challenge to Tony. I doubt Richie came down that hard on other people who were behind in payments. He was hoping to get a response from Tony.

He treats Feech with contempt and takes a heavy handed approach to a guy who was a living legend.

Feech's heist at the wedding of Dr. Fried's daughter was his death certificate. Freid was with Tony.

Chris was his protege. Small boats rise with the tide. Patsy's borderline treachery after his brother's death didn't help. He's lucky Tony didn't catch him pissing in the pool.

He bumps Gigi, a soldier in his crew, up to Capo of the Aprile crew, even though Ralph is the more qualified, better earning guy and has the respect of the Aprile soldiers - purely out of dislike for Ralph.

As he told Ralph, he wanted someone he could trust.

Let's be honest here. For as interesting as Tony was as a protagonist, in Mafia terms, he was a Punk. A disgrace. He only made it as far as he did because of his father, and because no one else wanted to be Boss.

He made money for John Sac and Carmine Sr. It's a business. Tony understood that. The mooks you're defending did not.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: OakAsFan] #941264
05/26/18 10:51 PM
05/26/18 10:51 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by hoodlum

I 2nd that.

AGREE Hood.

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by JackieAprile
Let's be honest here. There's a reason all the old guys who came out of jail, or even Junior, couldn't respect him. He was a punk. He ran his crew with no discipline. For example, when Chrissy was a nothing, an errand boy, back in '95, he was allowed to interrupt two made guys talking (Tony and Puss) about Family business.

Chris was Tony's protege. This gave him a longer leash to break protocol.

Tony launders money through Beansie's restaurant, which is why he didn't want any hot headed gangster confrontations in the place like the one Richie had with Beansie.

Make no mistake, Richie went into that place to challenge Tony's authority. He used Beansie's debt as a technicality. It was out of line for Richie to show up to one of Tony's restaurants with that attitude.

It was a tax. Again, Richie going Little Caesar right in front of important civilian clientele, among them Frank Sinatra Jr. That game is more important than Richie's petty beef with Scatino, which was also a challenge to Tony. I doubt Richie came down that hard on other people who were behind in payments. He was hoping to get a response from Tony.

Feech's heist at the wedding of Dr. Fried's daughter was his death certificate. Freid was with Tony.

Chris was his protege. Small boats rise with the tide. Patsy's borderline treachery after his brother's death didn't help. He's lucky Tony didn't catch him pissing in the pool.

As he told Ralph, he wanted someone he could trust.

He made money for John Sac and Carmine Sr. It's a business. Tony understood that. The mooks you're defending did not.

All Spot on Oak, with this addition...... Richie and Feetch were threats to what T had set up and had in motion of future plans, one slip up , indiscretion or any unloyal act, in the wrong direction for them that favors elimination, then you gotta go. He baited them, like letting him date his sister and seeing how they took reprimands.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #941337
05/27/18 07:07 PM
05/27/18 07:07 PM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Wasn't Genovese ratted out by Gambino and Costello in 59? So what Tony did to Feech wasn't unheard of in the mob. The mob has seen everything now, rat bosses, gay soldiers, in Italy they had mafioso become women etc Carmine Galante supposedly wanted to give a button to his daughter. Saying "X" WOULD never happen in the mob is impossible to say.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #941346
05/27/18 07:37 PM
05/27/18 07:37 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm sure Tony cleared the Feech situation up with other families, particularly the Lupartazzis. Tony would have had to kill Feech to banish him. So, instead of killing him, he banished him by sending him back to prison. If Tony made it clear to other families that his plan A is to kill Feech, which he was in his right to do, especially after robbing the Freid wedding, then I'm sure they'd accept his logic that banishing him to prison was a humane alternative to killing him. Let the old man spend his final years playing cards and telling his stories in the can. I could see Tony selling this.

Gambino and Costello setting up Vito Genovese is a good example. Pretty much the same scenario. Sure, it was technically against the rules, but those who make the rules break them. That's life. Who was going to go to war with the old Luciano and Mangano clans? I believe Lucchese backed the Vito Genovese set up, too.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: hoodlum] #941353
05/27/18 07:55 PM
05/27/18 07:55 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss

I 2nd that.

I 3rd that.

Last edited by Fleming_Ave; 05/27/18 07:55 PM.
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #941372
05/27/18 09:10 PM
05/27/18 09:10 PM
S
Slimshady Offline
Made Member
Slimshady  Offline
S
Made Member
Ur 100% right about tony. In real life, tony wouldn’t have much respect due to his unprofessional hot headed nature, as well as the fact that he basically resorted to murder whenever a conflict came up. Not to mention that he sponsored his junkie nephew, assaulted made men ( mike palmice, ralph cifferetto), and saw a therapist. The sopranos was a gr8 show, but so inaccurate.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: Slimshady] #941382
05/27/18 10:02 PM
05/27/18 10:02 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Slimshady
Ur 100% right about tony. In real life, tony wouldn’t have much respect due to his unprofessional hot headed nature, as well as the fact that he basically resorted to murder whenever a conflict came up. Not to mention that he sponsored his junkie nephew, assaulted made men ( mike palmice, ralph cifferetto), and saw a therapist. The sopranos was a gr8 show, but so inaccurate.

If you really think others have not done that in real life and still commanded, respectfully or not, then your outa your mind Wrong.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #941404
05/28/18 03:07 AM
05/28/18 03:07 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
I 2nd that again Dues..

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: hoodlum] #941528
05/28/18 09:48 PM
05/28/18 09:48 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I 2nd that again Dues..

Right?....... I don’t mean to be Punchy but come on. These guys they are discussing are opportunists. When they get power and set, your a fuckin goose and you Betta lay Golden eggs, stay outta their way or serve in some manner.
If not your a problem and will be dealt with one way or another.

Re: Tony was a punk [Re: MeyerLansky] #946137
07/08/18 05:54 PM
07/08/18 05:54 PM
Buffalo,New York
frankg2469 Offline
A.K.A. Benny Squint
frankg2469  Offline
A.K.A. Benny Squint
Button
Buffalo,New York
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
Originally Posted by DonKostic

I agree with you, that's true !

I agree as well. It was all very unrealistic. At the very least, that little stunt by Richie with Beansie would've cost him a fortune !!! In the real world of that life, Tony could and would have demanded that Richie now kick up to him the amount of money he was losing by Beansie being out of commission in addition to any and all of Beansie's medical expenses. He would've been well within his right to make him pay up and then kill him afterward, just for defying him so blatantly. Beansie was under Tony's protection. It wasn't a matter of " taking the side of a civilian " as Richie told Tony.

"A mook---what's a mook ?" Johnny Boy Civello
Re: Tony was a punk [Re: JackieAprile] #946592
07/13/18 12:10 AM
07/13/18 12:10 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Richie only came down hard on Beansie to get Tony's attention. Same with Dave Scatino. What's the coincidence? Tony's high school buddies. Good thing Artie was smart enough to never borrow money from Richie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull