GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style #808873
10/17/14 02:17 PM
10/17/14 02:17 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style in Los Angeles
EXCLUSIVE: Akiva (David) Saltzman was found dead of a gunshot inside a torched car on Oct. 3. His lawyer, Howard Jacobs, said he was shot through the car window then the vehicle was set on fire.

A marijuana trafficker awaiting sentencing in Brooklyn Federal Court was murdered execution-style in Los Angeles, the Daily News has learned.

Akiva (David) Saltzman, 32, was found dead of a gunshot wound inside a torched auto on Oct. 3.

Saltzman’s lawyer, Howard Jacobs, said it appeared his client had been shot through the window and then the vehicle set on fire.

Saltzman had pleaded guilty two years ago to conspiracy to distribute marijuana, but a law enforcement source said Saltzman was not a snitch.

“I don’t think it is related to the case,” Jacobs told The Daily News.

Saltzman was a West Coast cog tasked with delivering illicit cash as part of a massive pot-dealing ring based in Staten Island and headed by cannabis kingpin Jonathan Braun, an Orthodox Jew who lived with his parents.

“As I explained in my original proffer, the only time I ever sort of got a general understanding of the extent of this enterprise was when I read it in The Daily News on the Internet,” Saltzman told Magistrate Viktor Pohorelsky on Sept. 7, 2012.

Another knowledgeable source said there was speculation that Saltzman might have been a government cooperator.

Saltzman, an aspiring actor who had studied at the Circle in the Square Theater School, was only facing 12 to 18 months in prison. No date had been scheduled for the sentencing.

A spokesman for the L.A. coroner’s office said a final cause of death is still under investigation.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #808875
10/17/14 02:23 PM
10/17/14 02:23 PM
S
Scorsese Offline OP
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Marijuana kingpin Jonathan Braun ran major drug ring from Staten Island home: feds
BY EDGAR SANDOVAL , JOHN MARZULLI DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS Thursday, June 3, 2010, 12:40 AM A A A

From a quiet block on Staten Island, a marijuana kingpin ran an international pot-smuggling operation - bringing 100,000 kilos across the Canadian border, the feds say.

The feds raided the modest Buchanan Ave. house where Jonathan Braun, 27, lived with his Orthodox Jewish parents while consorting with biker gangs, court papers say.

"He's the real deal," a law enforcement source said of Braun, who has a bail hearing in Brooklyn Federal Court today. "He's huge."

Braun employed a small army of boatmen and drivers who used vehicles with hidden compartments to transport pot from Canada through the Akwesasne Native American reservations to New York, court papers say.

Proceeds from street-level dealers went back across the border - to Braun's Canadian bosses, sources said.

Braun, who has ties to the Hells Angels and Canada's West End gangs, was in charge of the organization's U.S. operation, sources said.

His weed is peddled throughout New York City and Long Island and he virtually locked up the marijuana market on Staten Island, sources said.

Before Braun was charged last week, nearly 60 members of the organization were arrested by Drug Enforcement Administration agents.

Inside his home, agents seized $30,000 in cash, at least 16 cell phones and BlackBerry devices, packaging materials and drug records that reference "hundreds of separate marijuana shipments totaling tens of thousands of kilograms," Assistant U.S. Attorney Steve Tiscione said in court papers.

Braun allegedly fled to Israel last year after DEA agents raided one of his stash houses in Staten Island.

"While abroad, Braun continued to direct the operations of his drug organization by using encrypted BlackBerry devices to communicate with his underlings and drug customers," Tiscione said.

After $100,000 in marijuana was stolen from a stash house in California, Braun allegedly flew out to the West Coast and whipped a worker with a belt for failing to watch the location.

The feds also intercepted text messages indicating Braun had made enemies.

"You deserve to get locked in a cage like the animal you are...[your] family will be proud of [their] son...your money is not going to be worth d---," a criminal associate warned Braun.

Neighbors on tree-lined Buchanan Ave. were floored by the allegations.

"His father is a very hard worker," said Thomas Eapen, 65. "He [Jonathan] seemed like a nice young man. I would have never imagined."

Braun's high-powered defense lawyer Gerald Shargel declined comment last night.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #808918
10/17/14 06:35 PM
10/17/14 06:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
This kid flipped over 12 to 18 months? lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #808962
10/18/14 08:06 AM
10/18/14 08:06 AM
Boston
sittite Offline
Capo
sittite  Offline
Capo
Boston
This is why you're better off going to work now-a-days. 18months.....I could sit on the toilet for that long.

"Whackin' the boss....another thing I get left out of."
Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: pizzaboy] #809054
10/18/14 08:38 PM
10/18/14 08:38 PM
B
BorderProtector Offline
Wiseguy
BorderProtector  Offline
B
Wiseguy
That shit is funny. But why do black gangs in general dont have the discipline as other hispanic gangs especially in the southwest. Obviously not all Hispanic gangs are as disciplined but why are black gangs in general lack discipline or are very proned to inner gang wars. Baltimore, New Orleans, Chicago (though there are hispanic gangs there.contributing to the dozens.of shootings that take place) but 10 deadliest American citiea are predominantly black not to be politically incorrect but why is that Scorsces/the OP? Not to start a race baiting war or racist comments from many posters here excluding me and small minority of non racists.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: BorderProtector] #911408
04/27/17 08:42 AM
04/27/17 08:42 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Link below is to recently published article that also mentions Jonathan Braun in passing.

"Staten Island man helps feds bust up Canada marijuana pipeline"

http://nydn.us/2q1IxJN

If you scroll up to the older posts in this thread, you'll read that Staten Island resident Braun was answerable to the Canadian-based Hells Angels and the West End Gang.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #911417
04/27/17 01:12 PM
04/27/17 01:12 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I can't comment on the level of wiseguys dealing in H . My gut tells me there is a crew or 2 in the Gambinios that still wholesale a considerable amount of H . The history, channels and connections have been there for so long I can't see them walking completely away from that business . Zero dominance that they had in the 70s-80s but I can still see 1,000 kilo a year crew

But Marajuana dealing is where some guys are making a ton of $ still , maybe $1,000+ per pound and the transportation is so much easier and quasi legit as your buying from a state where it's legal and probably a licensed grower selling their excess. Multiple million dollar operations likely going on . Also on Staten Island it's an area where if you arent paying for protection , someone is going to rob you - 6 figure type scores. No inside info but this biz in SI still has the old school crime structure . I'm sure same thing happens in Queens area where a lot of Italians still reside . Plenty of old school robbery scores for the guys in the weed biz .

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #911440
04/27/17 09:01 PM
04/27/17 09:01 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Its legal to grow up to 12 plants here in mass i gonna have about 4 i dont smoke but just like to see shit grow. Its should be warm anuff in about 2 more weeks. Ill ask around my friends that smoke if they can spear a few seeds. But all this new good weed doesnt have any. Have to find a good mids one. I wanna see how low tye price drops on bud around here after summer ends and all the hippy farmers in the sticks who no how to grow just kill the market. People way out in the berkshires will have weed trees 10 feet high.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #911442
04/27/17 09:02 PM
04/27/17 09:02 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Ment flood the market all the weed grown out western mass will flood nyc believe.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #911443
04/27/17 09:03 PM
04/27/17 09:03 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Or attornery general seesions unleshes the black hawks and burns mass down come fall.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #911444
04/27/17 09:04 PM
04/27/17 09:04 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Its gonna be crazy seeing people have big plants in the city on there front porches and stuff roofs. Front yard. Think kids cnt see it but i dont no yet.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: pmac] #911449
04/27/17 09:35 PM
04/27/17 09:35 PM
B
BostonGodfather781 Offline
Wiseguy
BostonGodfather781  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: pmac
Its legal to grow up to 12 plants here in mass i gonna have about 4 i dont smoke but just like to see shit grow. Its should be warm anuff in about 2 more weeks. Ill ask around my friends that smoke if they can spear a few seeds. But all this new good weed doesnt have any. Have to find a good mids one. I wanna see how low tye price drops on bud around here after summer ends and all the hippy farmers in the sticks who no how to grow just kill the market. People way out in the berkshires will have weed trees 10 feet high.

I live up on the northshore and planted a seed of a strain called " girlscout cookies" in one of those fabric pots last summer... by September it was over 9 ft tall and the top was at even level of the rain gutter on the first floor. Shit grows like madd and I just watered it with the tomatos and peppers.

Weeds always been a big business here on the northshore even before everything got legalized, there's kids just like the one mentioned above that live in their parents basements moving 100lbs a month like it's nothing...making a killlling.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #911451
04/27/17 09:43 PM
04/27/17 09:43 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I no i wanna see how low the price drops come fall. The asian around still have the best shit n grow rooms and contacts to cali and canada. Will see how it goes after every tom dick n jerry has there own crop by fall.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #911453
04/27/17 10:15 PM
04/27/17 10:15 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Whatever happened to Braun anyway? I guess he told too? Seems wierd he plead guilty to large scale trafficking and never went to prison

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #911509
04/28/17 07:41 PM
04/28/17 07:41 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I agree Pmac , will be very interesting

Right now and this is total gossip but CA prices still seem to work . If anyone wants to understand the investment strategy of merger arbitrage that hedge funds engage in - think taking advantage of market price in CA vs NY . I have heard there is still a $1,000 delta, lol. New western MA guys could totally change it up . will be interesting to see how the big wholesalers play it . CA to NY has been going on for awhile now , very smooth . Regardless if still illegal in NY and NJ some crews will be up to the next in this trade

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: pmac] #911519
04/28/17 09:18 PM
04/28/17 09:18 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: pmac
Its gonna be crazy seeing people have big plants in the city on there front porches and stuff roofs. Front yard. Think kids cnt see it but i dont no yet.

lol lol Your post made me laugh. You won't be allowed to have it visible in the front yard area. If you do, then you'd be a moron. Grow in the backyard. Over here in Cali, every house has a fence or wall around it, very private compared to back east. I bet you'll have to put up a fence around your property with locks on the side gates. Good luck. smile

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #961120
01/08/19 12:45 PM
01/08/19 12:45 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Article published online today about Jonathan Braun, who faces more legal troubles as a result of his actions at a party last year.

Suit: Pot kingpin shoved man off deck during Staten Island engagement party

http://s.silive.com/ulDPeSl

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #972198
05/28/19 03:59 PM
05/28/19 03:59 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
^^^^
Jonathan Braun, a marijuana trafficker who built a predatory lending company while free on bail, was sentenced to 10 years in prison

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...sentenced-to-10-years-for-smuggling-weed

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #972211
05/28/19 05:57 PM
05/28/19 05:57 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
^^^^
Gone to pot: International marijuana smuggler from Staten Island sentenced to 10 years

http://s.silive.com/CvXk73H

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #1003850
01/28/21 12:27 AM
01/28/21 12:27 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
^^^^
Drug smuggler linked to Canadian Hells Angels gets last-minute pardon from Donald Trump

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ast-minute-pardon-from-donald-trump.html

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #1003859
01/28/21 09:42 AM
01/28/21 09:42 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Scorsese
Marijuana kingpin Jonathan Braun ran major drug ring from Staten Island home: feds
BY EDGAR SANDOVAL , JOHN MARZULLI DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS Thursday, June 3, 2010, 12:40 AM A A A

From a quiet block on Staten Island, a marijuana kingpin ran an international pot-smuggling operation - bringing 100,000 kilos across the Canadian border, the feds say.

The feds raided the modest Buchanan Ave. house where Jonathan Braun, 27, lived with his Orthodox Jewish parents while consorting with biker gangs, court papers say.

"He's the real deal," a law enforcement source said of Braun, who has a bail hearing in Brooklyn Federal Court today. "He's huge."

Braun employed a small army of boatmen and drivers who used vehicles with hidden compartments to transport pot from Canada through the Akwesasne Native American reservations to New York, court papers say.

Proceeds from street-level dealers went back across the border - to Braun's Canadian bosses, sources said.

Braun, who has ties to the Hells Angels and Canada's West End gangs, was in charge of the organization's U.S. operation, sources said.

His weed is peddled throughout New York City and Long Island and he virtually locked up the marijuana market on Staten Island, sources said.

Before Braun was charged last week, nearly 60 members of the organization were arrested by Drug Enforcement Administration agents.

Inside his home, agents seized $30,000 in cash, at least 16 cell phones and BlackBerry devices, packaging materials and drug records that reference "hundreds of separate marijuana shipments totaling tens of thousands of kilograms," Assistant U.S. Attorney Steve Tiscione said in court papers.

Braun allegedly fled to Israel last year after DEA agents raided one of his stash houses in Staten Island.

"While abroad, Braun continued to direct the operations of his drug organization by using encrypted BlackBerry devices to communicate with his underlings and drug customers," Tiscione said.

After $100,000 in marijuana was stolen from a stash house in California, Braun allegedly flew out to the West Coast and whipped a worker with a belt for failing to watch the location.

The feds also intercepted text messages indicating Braun had made enemies.

"You deserve to get locked in a cage like the animal you are...[your] family will be proud of [their] son...your money is not going to be worth d---," a criminal associate warned Braun.

Neighbors on tree-lined Buchanan Ave. were floored by the allegations.

"His father is a very hard worker," said Thomas Eapen, 65. "He [Jonathan] seemed like a nice young man. I would have never imagined."

Braun's high-powered defense lawyer Gerald Shargel declined comment last night.

--------
Wow! I had never read about this kid. He was at that level and "turned" snitch? and they gave him "6 months" for it? Lol..... Believe me he didn't "turn" snitch, he was born one!!

This punk fuck made millions obviously, then swung to "payday" loans and made another bundle. And as soon as he's grabbed he diarrhea's on everyone. I just read that Trump commuted his sentence too? LOL...

A fucking stone rat!! Yet Trump wanted all his "WH" "associates to stand up and take it on the chin for him? He hates rats, huh? So why that asshole move?

Alan Dershowitz was the kids lawyer too. He must have whispered in Trump's ear, and probably got the kid to pay a huge envelope under the table for a "commutation"..... what else could it be?

I state here and now that we (as Americans) deserve everything we get, because we've created and allowed a nation of "RATS" "STOOL", PIDGEONS" and "WHISTLE BLOWERS" to exist and thrive!.....We allow scumbags like this punk kid, and all the other rats, former wise guys, and everyone else who talks, who should NOT get the "deals" they do.

There are NO MORE MEN! There are NO MORE STAND UP GUYS! ...... What the fuck has happened to the world! Nobody has a backbone anymore. They act like tough guys until the shit hits the fan and then collapse? And don't kid yourself, this "disease" is present in all corners of society, upper world and underworld alike.

When I grew up, if anybody in our neighborhood became a rat, they were a pariah. They and their families would not only be shunned by everyone, even the legit people, but they'd get their head cracked open (literally), or worse. Much worse.

And know what? They'd deserve it too! And nobody would shed a single tear. After all, they was Rats and traitors!

What is happening today totally disgusts me! Shame on all of us for allowing it. (even the cops and prosecutors who utilize these POS's despise these weasels)

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/28/21 10:02 AM.
Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #1003860
01/28/21 09:52 AM
01/28/21 09:52 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
I'm appalled. You even thinking that The Donald would take an envelope for some kind of nefarious activities :-(
Probably more like a suitcase full of dead Presidents ;-)

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 01/28/21 09:53 AM.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: Scorsese] #1003870
01/28/21 01:09 PM
01/28/21 01:09 PM
TheKillingJoke Online content
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Online Content
Underboss
To be honest, if you flip over 12 to 18 months you're a wimp. Plain and simple. The thing is that being such a wimp, doesn't happen overnight. The guy probably was a wuss from the beginning yet he managed to make millions in the marijuana trade. It's very telling that guys like this are able to get this far in organized crime these days.

Re: Marijuana trafficker murdered execution-style [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1003878
01/28/21 02:21 PM
01/28/21 02:21 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
To be honest, if you flip over 12 to 18 months you're a wimp. Plain and simple. The thing is that being such a wimp, doesn't happen overnight. The guy probably was a wuss from the beginning yet he managed to make millions in the marijuana trade. It's very telling that guys like this are able to get this far in organized crime these days.

Yep.... A BORN punk!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull