GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Captbony1999, furio_from_naples, The_Marble_Guy), 107 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,154
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: Kash] #879773
03/30/16 10:07 AM
03/30/16 10:07 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted By: Kash
Originally Posted By: MrWilliams
Not to barge in on the discussion here but I had a question for those who have done time in prison.

Whats daily life like in in a minimum or medium security institution vs. a maximum one?

I ask because all the stories you read about anywhere seem to be focused on what it's like to do 10 years in a maximum security prision for a crime like armed robbery.

Therefore, I wonder what the experience is like for say a white collar professional who has been convicted of cheating on his taxes and is now doing 5 years in a Federal minimum security prison camp somewhere?

Thank you for your replies btw!

As far as day to day the biggest difference is the atmosphere. You're always going to have people smoking weed, drinking, on pills, gambling, tattooing, etc... In either setting. In a minimum security everyone has sweet privileges they've earned via not getting popped. There is a little more jawing and a lot more sit down type situations with guys who are in organizations because end of the day, no one wants to fight and lose what they got going. You still say fuck it sometimes. At the max places I was at there was no jawing at all. One smart ass comment could turn into a fight and into a war on the compound in a second. Inter organization discipline was much more strict as a means to keep the piece. And by that I mean if you hit out of line, your own group would physically check you ASAP. My first day at max there was a fight that was a bloodbath but since it was 2 organization guys vs a guy who wasn't with anyone, it was over as soon as it was over. I actually preferred the day to day at the max. There was a lot more respect because everyone knew what could happen in a second. That said, sometimes the living on high alert, sleeping in boots laced up, etc... gets taxing mentally.

Truth

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: BobbyPazzo] #898268
11/12/16 12:55 PM
11/12/16 12:55 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
documentary about Rikers Island airing this week on PBS

Nov. 15
trailer

https://vimeo.com/185824281

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #898271
11/12/16 01:24 PM
11/12/16 01:24 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Gonna have to catch that, Gets. Have you ever seen the "Incarcerated Scarfaces" documentary?

Link just in case
https://vimeo.com/5382326

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: RollinBones] #898273
11/12/16 01:29 PM
11/12/16 01:29 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Thanks,Rollin.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #898356
11/13/16 12:09 AM
11/13/16 12:09 AM
J
JoeyRuks Offline
Associate
JoeyRuks  Offline
J
Associate
Sure I have.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #898453
11/13/16 08:16 PM
11/13/16 08:16 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
I tried to set it to record but was told I must subscribe to see it. Will keep trying.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: bigboy] #898649
11/15/16 05:08 PM
11/15/16 05:08 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
tonight on pbs 10 pm local time...

synopsis of doc.

Some are guilty. Some are innocent. Of the more than 7,500 people detained at Rikers Island on any given day, almost 80% have not yet been found guilty or innocent of the charges they face. All are at risk in the pervasive culture of violence that forces people to come to terms with what they must do for their own survival. RIKERS, a riveting new documentary from Bill Moyers, brings you face to face with men and women who have endured incarceration at Rikers Island. Their stories, told direct to camera, vividly describe the cruel arc of the Rikers experience—from the shock of entry, to the extortion and control exercised by other inmates, the oppressive interaction with corrections officers, the beatings and stabbings, the torture of solitary confinement and the many challenges of returning to the outside world. Rikers Island is New York City’s largest jail. It has also been ranked as one of the ten worst jails in America. So, says journalist Bill Moyers, if you want to understand the country’s incarceration crisis, start at the island jail in New York’s East River—just across the water from the main runway at LaGuardia Airport and within sight of the Empire State Building.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #898650
11/15/16 05:17 PM
11/15/16 05:17 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I've been to a Turkish pri.....

Wait, I already did that one.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #899062
11/20/16 09:00 AM
11/20/16 09:00 AM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
I'd like to know, from people who have been locked up... How much would you charge someone to serve their sentence for them?
County
State
Federal
Medium security facilities only. No supermax and no camps.
I'd start my bidding at 1 million a year plus commissary.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: RollinBones] #906307
02/07/17 04:54 PM
02/07/17 04:54 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Gonna have to catch that, Gets. Have you ever seen the "Incarcerated Scarfaces" documentary?

Link just in case
https://vimeo.com/5382326

Rollin,

Meant to thank you for this. I saw the title and thought it was something I'd watched before but it wasn't. I enjoyed this one more than the PBS one. PBS one was trying to promote safer conditions in jail(which I agree with) but they were trying to portray the people talking as innocent victims.

The Asian guy that they show in the beginning was the shooter in a notorious incident that happened years ago when the novelty rapper Jin(RuffRyders) and his man were shot at(his man died).

The Incarcerated Scarface doc. had some notorious street dudes on there that I recognize from other street dvds....no angels or boyscouts among them.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: getthesenets] #906308
02/07/17 05:02 PM
02/07/17 05:02 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Question to anybody who had friend or family member who is inside.

When did state D.O.C.s stop accepting usps money orders sent to inmates? My late friend R.'s mom, raised me almost like a son. I'm checking in on her and one of her grandkids is inside. Never liked R's sister, the inmate's mom but as a favor to her I go to post office, and buy/send the M.O.

I stop by there last weekend, and she said it was sent back. There's a third party that handles money sent to corrections.
WHAT the F kind of nonsense is this. Same company does it for most states.

Some financial institution lobbied to get what has to be a LUCRATIVE contract. Processing "money on books" for inmates.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #906312
02/07/17 05:51 PM
02/07/17 05:51 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Gets, glad you liked that doc. You're definitely right about some of those guys being real heavy, especially Pistol Pete and apparently Shea Davis has been extorting guys for a long time. I agree about the perspective in the PBS doc, they did go a little far trying to paint the guys in a nicer light but most of them were straight up goons.

As for your problem with the money orders, that's just another manifestation of the prison system becoming more and more for-profit. I guess you have to go on the DOC website of whichever state they're locked up in and pay the inevitable extra fee. As we know most people who end up locked up come from poor backgrounds, and to stick a hand in their pockets for this of all things is truly criminal.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: RollinBones] #906328
02/08/17 12:58 AM
02/08/17 12:58 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Rollin,

Best part of the I.S. doc. was when these FEARED street guys all said that EVERYBODY gets tested inside.No fairy tales of just mind your business and you can do your time with no problems. Dudes always say in these types of dvds that Rikers is WORSE than the actual prisons they go to later.

Nobody can tell a story quite like NY jail dudes.Too bad all these ex jail guys try to be rappers.Pete should have been a radio show host after coming home..he gives good interviews. He's a monster though.

About the system, though...you're absolutely right.

CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP

JPAY is the company that handles funds to inmates now
link shows map of facilities they handle

https://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx

Jersey, for once is trying to dismantle this prison industrial system though. Just enacted laws that all but eliminates bail.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/new-bai...rsey-1.12842087

The pbs doc. made the point about Riker's being mostly filled with guys who can't afford bail while waiting for trial.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: getthesenets] #906352
02/08/17 03:15 PM
02/08/17 03:15 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
News segment about JPAY

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: HandsomeStevie] #906420
02/09/17 02:56 PM
02/09/17 02:56 PM
M
M_Martino Offline
Button
M_Martino  Offline
M
Button
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Baltimore city booking is pretty bad too. Old and dirty as hell. Plus all the other white boys claim that dumb ass Dead man inc gang.. fuckin cowards were just scared of black people.. all white boys in maryland were raised as racist rednecks but they dress and act black and have the tats all over but deep down they are some scared clowns man. In maryland i was in Baltimore city booking and anne arundel county jail on Jennifer lane in annapolis.. I grew up with a lot of african american friends so a lot of other white guys would hate on me cause i was cool with the muslims and BGF n all.

You speak the truth, brother. Your description of the white boys is dead on lmao. What part of Baltimore are you from?

I moved out to LA years ago and never looked back. Being Italian-American in Baltimore was a trip too cause there weren't many of us unlike up in Philly & NY/NJ. I clicked with Black people way more growing up. White people are something else there - no ethnicity, no culture, besides the Jews in Northwest and a few Greeks here and there.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: RollinBones] #906448
02/09/17 06:42 PM
02/09/17 06:42 PM
A
americafyeah Offline
Capo
americafyeah  Offline
A
Capo
Gets, glad you liked that doc. You're definitely right about some of those guys being real heavy, especially Pistol Pete and apparently Shea Davis has been extorting guys for a long time.

shea davis is a good friend of mine. care to elaborate?

Last edited by americafyeah; 02/09/17 06:43 PM.
Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: americafyeah] #906636
02/12/17 08:35 PM
02/12/17 08:35 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Kalief Browder Story airs on Spike tv on March 1

In a nutshell.....Browder picked up as suspect for robbery at 16....case comes to trial THREE YEARS LATER and is dismissed. He spent 3 years on Rikers Island waiting for court date for a crime that he did NOT commit. Refused plea deals because he was innocent.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: getthesenets] #908594
03/13/17 05:14 PM
03/13/17 05:14 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Kalief Browder series is pretty good. story is more complicated than I thought.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: getthesenets] #908745
03/15/17 07:58 PM
03/15/17 07:58 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Female C.O. caught on camera kissing inmate, resigns.

http://pix11.com/2017/03/13/exclusive-rikers-island-captain-caught-on-video-kissing-inmate-resigns/

Quote:
NEW YORK — A Department of Corrections veteran captain has resigned after video surfaced showing her kissing an inmate inside what appears to be a Rikers Island jail cell.

In the exclusive cellphone video obtained by PIX11 News, sources say, Capt. Shantay Dash walks by an inmate's cell inside the RNDC complex. The two begin a conversation and suddenly Dash is seen leaning in for what appears to be a kiss.

"What the heck?" Dash yells after the kiss.

However, right after that, the two exchange a high five.

Sources told PIX11 the inmate appeared to record the entire incident on a contraband cellphone that was hidden inside his cell.

Dash was not at her Brooklyn home when PIX11 visited Monday, the same day the Department of Corrections said she resigned from the job, just shy of her 10-year anniversary, meaning she receives no pension. Dash also walked away from an $80,000 salary.

A few weeks ago, PIX11 was granted access inside Rikers Island, which is undergoing a massive 14-point reform plan. Commissioner Joe Ponte discussed at length the topic of inmate-staff relationships.

"They develop relationships that are unhealthy," Ponte said. "They get staff — again, in small numbers — to bring in phones and contraband."

That is something Dash was familiar with doing. In January, Dash was arrested, according to court reports, for allegedly smuggling a tattoo gun into Rikers Island so an inmate could change a tattoo marking that linked that inmate to a crime.

After that arrest, Dash was placed on modified duty away from inmates, but did not lose her job.

The Department of Corrections released a statement:

"That vast majority of Department of Correction staff perform their duties with the highest level of integrity and Commissioner Ponte has zero tolerance for those who don't."

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #908753
03/15/17 10:16 PM
03/15/17 10:16 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
The Kalief Browder series is real interesting. Crazy how much conviction the kid had to turn down deal after deal after deal. Apparently at one point they offered him a misdemeanor conviction and time served, meaning he would walk out of jail that day, but he still refused.

Also interesting hearing Jay-Z's take on everything that happened. He's eloquent as hell.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #908756
03/15/17 10:46 PM
03/15/17 10:46 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Garbageman i like your posts. You know ya shit an very knowledable. Sorry about spelling my phone spelling suggestion thing shut off now i have to spell what i write its no bueno. Yaeh i went to prison for3 yrs a yr in county a year sentenced in the state system and cause it was a drug charge i did like the last 13 months in a mini. All the old white guys call minis pc camps whatever i wasnt even the drinking age 21 in mass fucking sucks wish i went to real college or even a community i fucked up and garbage man there not anuff money for your freedom. But i take the bait and would do 1 yrs whatever time except solitary for a few million. Shit id sell a kidney or piece of my liver guess it grows back.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #908758
03/15/17 10:53 PM
03/15/17 10:53 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Get the nets is this the mini doc jay z is executive producer. I almost say no to watching. I hate when all the hiphop legends throw there hat in the hollywood shit. But ice t done it for alomst 30yrs. Snoop shot a clown pres today is all over the net. I still love snoop. This is that young kid who sat in rikers for like 3 yrs n was found not guilty got a settlement but killed himself i belive. The daily news had a great piece on this last year i can read dont need to watch it. Its sad n fucked up im good.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: americafyeah] #908760
03/15/17 11:40 PM
03/15/17 11:40 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: americafyeah
Gets, glad you liked that doc. You're definitely right about some of those guys being real heavy, especially Pistol Pete and apparently Shea Davis has been extorting guys for a long time.

Just saw this. This has been a rumor for years and Shea has alluded to it in videos. I remember one where he said he was getting videos on Smack DVD cause he had his foot on their neck, which I could only interpret as him muscling his way in. How do you know Shea Davis, you from NYC?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: RollinBones] #908845
03/17/17 04:01 PM
03/17/17 04:01 PM
A
americafyeah Offline
Capo
americafyeah  Offline
A
Capo
Originally Posted By: americafyeah

Just saw this. This has been a rumor for years and Shea has alluded to it in videos. I remember one where he said he was getting videos on Smack DVD cause he had his foot on their neck, which I could only interpret as him muscling his way in. How do you know Shea Davis, you from NYC?

we were Myspace buddies. i asked him his zodiac sign,but he never responded. if i had to guess i would say he's a Leo.what do you think his sign is? he was talking about french montana,when he said he put his foot on his neck. he said he literaly meant that. apparently,he kicked french montana's a**. and smack, the creator of smack dvd,is his biological brother.what're your top 5 shea davis songs?and what's your top 5 fav smack dvd episodes?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #909236
03/22/17 11:38 PM
03/22/17 11:38 PM
T
Tandem Offline
Wiseguy
Tandem  Offline
T
Wiseguy
A distant relative of mine did some time for enterprise corruption. I want to say he did time in state not fed, honestly not too sure. Although I remember talking to him and him saying it wasn't too bad. One of my closer relatives did 20 years for bank robbery, he was in a maximum security prison, then was seen as an 'organization leader' then did his last eight or so years in solitary, he told me it was absolutely miserable.

I did a weekend in county once because I got arrested on a Friday night and the judge wouldn't be back until Monday morning. That was miserable, I was in there for drunken disorderly with a few friends, and there were guys in there Gavin murder charges, right next to me. That experience couldn't have ended quicker.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: Tandem] #909775
03/30/17 12:10 AM
03/30/17 12:10 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Rollin,

Series is really difficult to watch. Just a sad story.

@Tandem,

I guess the moral of the story is....if you're gonna do a crime, make it a white collar crime. I bet the guy you mentioned with the corruption conviction touched 10 times as much money as the bank robber. Did a bid in club med prison and moved on.

Or as Omar to Levy said "I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase....it's all in the game though"

Re: Anyone here been to prison? [Re: TheAustralian] #909780
03/30/17 08:52 AM
03/30/17 08:52 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Love the wire/Omar line. No matter what kind of time you do; where you do it, solitary or a dorm.... A routine is a must. You have to keep your mind and heart strong and keep the belief that you're existence still matters. I would work a routine and keep in mind I'm working on myself by keeping a schedule and building discipline. Work on my body and mind each day. It's actually insane now that I look back but I made it through it and the memories are sobering .

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull