GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Scalish, 1 invisible), 113 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,162
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 155 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #905568
01/26/17 11:33 AM
01/26/17 11:33 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Ciment
The police raid on Salvatore Scoppa could be linked to a double homicide. More details to come....

Felix Seguin TVA news

Could be linked to the two brothers who disappeared last year?

Yeah your probably right, the Falduto brothers. That got me thinking, their bodies haven't been found so whatever the cops have can't be physical evidence.
Either someone saw the kidnapping or has become an informant.

This journalist was to get back with more details but hasn't up to now. He just kept us hanging.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/26/17 12:05 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #905573
01/26/17 12:45 PM
01/26/17 12:45 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment

The former RCMP analyst quoted, who is also an organized-crime author coming out with a new book later this year, has maintained that whichever individual is successful in assuming the Montreal Mafia godfather role will have to be someone from Montreal, born and bred in Montreal, and so on. For this reason, a number of years ago this author dismissed the idea that someone like Sal Montagna would have been successful in assuming the role; yet the same author has given hints he may be open to the idea that Paolo Violi's sons (likely the older one) aspire to that role. Funnily enough, both Montagna and the Violi sons were born in that city, and I think that all three of those individuals had been more familiar with Quebec's organized-crime landscape than one would be led to believe.

The author also thinks the Hells Angels in Quebec are taking a neutral position in the mob war.

Contrast those opinions with those spelled out by Antonio Nicaso in the article to which I've linked below.

https://news.vice.com/fr/article/pourquoi-mafia-de-montreal-est-elle-en-guerre

Nicaso doesn't see the conflict in Montreal as a Sicilian—Calabrian rivalry. Unlike the aforementioned author, Nicaso speculates that the Quebec Hells may have struck an alliance with the Ontario 'ndrangheta and that this alliance is either supporting or financing the efforts of a rebel Montreal faction. Nicaso entertains the idea of a confederation of Italian crime groups running the Italian underworld in Montreal.

What do posters think about the notion that there has to be a single individual who, through the force of his personality, will, and muscle, will impose himself as the godfather of the Montreal Mafia?

Do posters think that the Quebec Hells backed Vito Rizzuto and Rizzuto loyalists before Rizzuto's death and then afterward for about two years before breaking the alliance?

The Siderno Group in the GTA has not always had a good relationship with outlaw bikers in Ontario--the most evidence we have, and it might not be sufficient, is the fallout from the Commisso brothers' hiring of former Satan's Choice biker Cecil Kirby in the late 1970s and early 1980s, as Kirby chose to become an informant. A glimpse into Remo Commisso's attitude toward bikers will be found in Peter Edwards's 2013 book, Unrepentant: The Strange and (Sometimes) Terrible Life of Lorne Campbell, Satan's Choice and Hells Angels Biker--both Commisso and Campbell were in the same prison, and Commisso just hated the bikers there. The book indicates that the Hells in the GTA appeared to think Peter Scarcella was an important figure--someone to seek permission from--but then again, Scarcella has always been under the Commissos' thumb.

On the other hand, Jimmy Luppino (the uncle of Violi's sons) was very much respected by Ontario Hells Angels, some of whom attended his funeral back in 2009. Violi's sons seemed to have expanded the Luppino group's activities in an important way in the 1990s by getting into drug trafficking; so perhaps Violi's sons and the whole Luppino-Violi group have better connections to the Ontario Hells than the GTA Siderno Group does. But even if there isn't a good relationship, the more important consideration is whether there are good connections with the Quebec Hells--either directly or, as a result of links with Italian groups or figures in Montreal, indirectly.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905574
01/26/17 01:00 PM
01/26/17 01:00 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I don't know if I can see a single guy whom can be charismatic and strength possessing to maintain being the only guy on top and run everything in Montreal. Outside of Vito Rizzuto (Who even had his father and surrounding family), we haven't seen it work. I don't know if I necessarily believe Nicaso's theory, but it's plausible. However I do believe that at the end of the day, it'll be almost like a confederacy, a group of guys whom control the Montreal Mafia.

John Dubros book Mob Rule covers Cecil Kirby a little bit. And he told pretty much every single thing he was asked to do by Cosimo, and Remo too. I can see why the bikers wouldn't be trusted I guess by those who came immediately after them, but there time was long ago, I'd be surprised if that still held relevancy, like you said.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/26/17 01:10 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905575
01/26/17 01:21 PM
01/26/17 01:21 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
I guess a more valid question would be the following:

Did the bikers support the initial attack on the Rizzutos in 09-13?

Are the bikers really that involved in matters between Italians?

Likewise, are the Italians also interested or involved in biker affairs?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905584
01/26/17 01:51 PM
01/26/17 01:51 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Me n my buddy had a convo about the trump wall going up probaly gonna make the coke routes down south all fucked up so there fighting in montreal cause it will be the number 1 gateway for coke to come into the usa. Just a guess.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: pmac] #905596
01/26/17 03:08 PM
01/26/17 03:08 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
Me n my buddy had a convo about the trump wall going up probaly gonna make the coke routes down south all fucked up so there fighting in montreal cause it will be the number 1 gateway for coke to come into the usa. Just a guess.

That's an interesting theory, but you have to wonder whether these guys were taking Trump's statement serious. I wasn't to be honest, but so far it seems like he's going to stick to his plans.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905621
01/26/17 10:11 PM
01/26/17 10:11 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I am more inclined to support Nicaso's theory of a confederation of Montreal Italian crime groups which I think, will also include one or more Ndrangheta clan(s)and a weakened Sicilian clan among them. I can't see a single Mafia godfather scenario happening but I do see one emerging as a dominant group sharing power with others.
With regards to Rizzuto alliance with the HA. I find that alliance was deteriorating prior to Vito's arrest. The D'Amico feud was not handled well,I believe had Vito not been imprisoned, that feud would of been settled amicably. The D'Amico's being allies of HA did not help the relationship. Furthermore, Sergio Piccirilli (a childhood friend of Sal Cazzetta HA president) getting involved in the feud also did not help matters.
As the war progressed they tried appointing interim leaders to lead the mafia on a number of occasions but failed to rally the different factions. This failure was also illustrated by the number of meetings the Mafia, street gangs and HA had to have in order to settle disputes without success. It was posted in some articles that the HA were not pleased with the interim leaders of Stefano Sollecito and Leonardo Rizzuto.
I also believe that when Rizzuto came out of jail, even though HA relations were strained but not broken, Rizzuto still managed to revive an alliance with HA in Montreal and even met with the London ON, HA in the Republic Dominican. We do know that HA Mom Boucher & Leonardo Rizzuto conspired to murder of Raynad Desjardins. Up until this point HA was still in business with the Rizzuto clan.
With Rizzuto death and no one able to succeed him, it became more apparent for HA to back the rivals. It is sometime after the police raids of Nov. 2015 & arrests of Leonardo Rizzuto and others that I think the Ndrangheta may have made an alliance with HA but at this point it is just a theory.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905623
01/26/17 11:00 PM
01/26/17 11:00 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

With regards to the Commissos hating the bikers. Rizzuto also hated the bikers, didn't like to be seen with them. He would most of the time send Raynald Desjardins to meet with them but he still did business with them.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905630
01/27/17 12:32 AM
01/27/17 12:32 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

https://t.co/khPQpw75z6

Nicaso Interview

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905638
01/27/17 06:55 AM
01/27/17 06:55 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ Pmac

Actually Pmac is onto something there... It's something I've touched on before.... With the border politics being what they are currently, and when NORMALIZED relations with Cuba happen, reopening the Caribbean route, like YOU HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS STUFF TO UNDERSTAND what's happening in NY and Canada, and even Italy.

It's something I was trying to get you guys to look at before.

THINK ABOUT IT: What does it mean to Ndrangheta if a Mexican cartel gets a foothold in Europe?

What does it mean for the Mexican cartels if the primary route for coke into the US reverts back to the Caribbean, and the end points of this route are controlled by Calabrians? ( In both NY, where the Mexican presence is not so strong, and Canada..)

Now look at the NY arrest in THAT context. ( with the Mexicans based in Costa Rica as opposed to the border...) Look at Canada in THAT CONTEXT. ITS ALL ABOUT THE DRUG ROUTES. Whoever is in control of the routes runs the Mafia.

This is why in another thread I asked if the Zetas were even still a cartel, it's going to get more expensive to send coke over the border, and with drones and shit, maybe easier than ever to spot, actually. We'll see...

I know y'all seen some of Hollanders post? 8 tons of coke seized in Colombia. So much coke in the Netherlands they have to have OPEC style meetings to control prices. I think North America is becoming more and more important to the Calabrians, as Europe becomes totally saturated, And North America means New York as a transshipment point, Ontario and Montreal as territories/control centers.

Here a few questions I got guys, is Montreal a transhipment point to Europe, or are they MOVING COKE IN MONTREAL?

Would coke go from Colombia, TO Montreal, DOWN TO NY? ( This is why the Dominican Republic route is attractive I suspect..) Or would they send coke FROM Europe TO Montreal? Basically what conduit does Montreal coke come from?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #905640
01/27/17 07:43 AM
01/27/17 07:43 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

They have so many options to get it to the east coast market with the container Ports of New York, Philly and Baltimore. In recent years Miami also became more important like in the past.

Last edited by Hollander; 01/27/17 08:00 AM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905641
01/27/17 08:24 AM
01/27/17 08:24 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...e-de-guerre.php

CONFLICT WITHIN THE MAFIA
CLAN LEADERS TRY TO BURY THE HATCHET
DANIEL RENAUD
LA PRESSE Jan.27,2017

Several meetings have been held since the end of last fall between clan leaders and influential individuals linked to the Montreal and Toronto mafias with the aim of ending the bloody conflict that undermines the Italian organized crime of the metropolis of Quebec since a dozen years, learned the Press .

These efforts would, however, be jeopardized, at least for the moment, by the obstinacy of the last members of the Sicilian clan, in particular the one considered by the police until the fall of 2015 as one of the leaders of the Montreal mafia, Stefano Sollecito.

According to police and criminal sources, he would refuse to cede certain illegal activities, including the lucrative book sports betting, whose revenues would allow him to continue to battle and finance certain operations.

It is particularly in this context that two hairdressing salons belonging to the wife of the manager of sports betting of the mafia were the target of incendiaries in Laval at the beginning of the month.

"Sollecito does not want to hand over the book of bets. There are currently contracts on the heads of several people. It is he who is the cause of the continuation of the war ", told La Presse a police source very familiar with the matter.

Since the murder of Giovanni Bertolo in August 2005 - regarded by the police as the triggering event - the power struggles of the various factions of the Montreal mafia would be the motive of at least 35 murders, ten murder attempts or attacks, according to a tally of La Presse .

The last victim of these internal conflicts is Ali Awada, 28, killed in Montreal-North on January 13. According to the police, Awada was close to the Scoppa and Sucapane clans.

VISITORS FROM TORONTO
But since late fall, police have repeatedly observed individuals linked to the Toronto Mafia come to Montreal and participate in meetings. The influential and independent Montreal clan leader Andrew Scoppa reportedly took part in one of them last December. It seems that even individuals who have been associated directly and have been always with the former Rizzuto clan militate for peace.

"Toronto has always played a role. Remember that on his return from the United States in 2012, Vito Rizzuto first visited the Queen City. Montreal mafia clan leaders have strong ties with Toronto, "says a criminal.

"In the last 30 years, Sicilians, Calabrians, everyone was connected. There are more whites, Blacks, Yellow, everyone works together, "said this week in La Presse a man near the criminal world.

"War must stop, it's not good for business. Fathers and sons die, women and children are in mourning. "

- A man close to the criminal milieu

The table of direction of the mafia set up after the natural death of the godfather Vito Rizzuto no longer exists. Observers from the police and criminal communities believe that a possible peace would lead to a new mafia alliance composed of representatives from the Calabrian, Sicilian and other branches rather than the advent of a new sponsor and a new dominant family. This future alliance would work in partnership with the Hells Angels, who for the moment at least would not intend to get involved in the problems of the mafia.

"Never will anyone come from elsewhere, from Ontario, New York or Italy, to lead the Montreal mafia, it would not happen. There are too many strong men here to let this happen, "added our close interlocutor, suggesting that if Toronto mafios meet with their counterparts here in Montreal, it will not be in the lead role. The future will tell, observers believe. observers.

ORGANIZED CRIME
STEFANO SOLLECITO
DANIEL RENAUD
LA PRESSE
Until Operation Magot de la SQ, which decapitated Montreal organized crime on November 19, 2015, Stefano Sollecito was considered by the police as one of the leaders of the mafia, along with Leonardo Rizzuto, the son of the late sponsor . He has since been accused of conspiracy and gangsterism, but has been released pending further legal proceedings. He is the son of Rocco Sollecito, former number 3 of the Sicilian clan, killed in Laval in May 2016. Stefano Sollecito suffers from a serious illness.

ORGANIZED CRIME
ANDREW SCOPPA
DANIEL RENAUD
LA PRESSE
He is currently considered by the police to be one of the most influential clan leaders in the Montreal mafia. According to our sources, he was reportedly seen with individuals from Toronto at a meeting to bring peace, which was held in Montreal last December. Scoppa could however have a sword of Damocles over his head. Last fall, he was arrested by the Sûreté du Québec in connection with a major seizure of cocaine, but has still not been charged.

ORGANIZED CRIME
LIBORIO [BadWord]
DANIEL RENAUD
LA PRESSE
He is the son of Agostino [BadWord], nicknamed the lord of Saint-Léonard, murdered before his company John & Dino in Saint-Léonard, in June 2010. The [BadWord] have been associated for decades with the Rizzuto clan but Liborio [BadWord], aka Pancho , Would militate now to bring peace to the factions. [BadWord] is accused of conspiracy to traffic cocaine and cocaine trafficking following his arrest in May 2016 in the latest wave of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's Clemenza investigation.

ORGANIZED CRIME
GIANPIETRO TIBERIO
DANIEL RENAUD
LA PRESSE
At the head of a towing company, Gianpietro Tiberio is considered by the police to be a rising star of organized crime in Montreal. It would be linked to the mafia, but would be even closer to the Hells Angels. Tiberio, whose castle would be the Rivière-des-Prairies district in eastern Montreal, would also militate for peace, sources said.

ORGANIZED CRIME
ANTONIO PIETRANTONIO AND THE ARCURI BROTHERS
DANIEL RENAUD
LA PRESSE
These three individuals formerly associated with the Rizzuto clan would seek to take up more space, according to sources from the police and criminal circles. Pietrantonio was the victim of an attempted murder in December 2011. He had close ties with influential members of the Hells Angels. The names of brothers Antonino and Domenico Arcuri were cited during the work of the Charbonneau commission. Associés of Raynald Desjardins in the late 2000s, they quarreled with the latter when a conflict broke out among the clans who tried to overthrow the Rizzuto in 2010.

ORGANIZED CRIME
VITTORIO MIRARCHI, RAYNALD DESJARDINS AND ALESSANDRO SUCAPANE
DANIEL RENAUD
LA PRESSE
The three allies are in prison or in the penitentiary, but will continue to pull some strings, according to our information. Sources believe they may be involved in some events that have shaken the mafia in recent months. Others believe that they have placed themselves a little apart, waiting for the rest of things. But everyone agrees on a fact: they should not be taken for granted.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/27/17 08:32 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #905642
01/27/17 09:06 AM
01/27/17 09:06 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Ciment great find!

I think the article sums it up extremely well, dont you?

It basically sheds some light on the Toronto link and again confirms the level of importance the GTA mafia, which consists of Ndrangheta and Cosa Nostra cells, has become over the last decade or so.

I remember someone telling me that Vito went their first for a reason, and when he met or communicated with people from the Siderno group, they told him, do what you must do and bring peace back to the city.

The article also links Scoppa to meetings with Toronto mobsters as recent as December.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #905649
01/27/17 11:06 AM
01/27/17 11:06 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: eurodave
Ciment great find!

I think the article sums it up extremely well, dont you?

It basically sheds some light on the Toronto link and again confirms the level of importance the GTA mafia, which consists of Ndrangheta and Cosa Nostra cells, has become over the last decade or so.

I remember someone telling me that Vito went their first for a reason, and when he met or communicated with people from the Siderno group, they told him, do what you must do and bring peace back to the city.

The article also links Scoppa to meetings with Toronto mobsters as recent as December.

I agree, the decision making is in the GTA.The Siderno and mafia groups from Toronto/GTA will decide the faith of what is happening in Montreal. The same will hold true for the HA bikers. There are more chapters in Ontario than anywhere else in Canada. Yes Vito went to the GTA first,so did Montagna and other leaders of crime organizations.
Toronto, in my opinion, has become the capital of organized crime in Canada.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905652
01/27/17 11:13 AM
01/27/17 11:13 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Some on the forum find it hard to believe that the GTA has become that important.

Toronto and Ontario are the economic capital of Canada
It's the most populated province
It's also the most wealthy
The Italian population in Ontario is nearly triple the size compared to Quebec, therefore the criminal element is not insignificant
The pentito Costa claimed that the ndrangheta now has the power in Canada, which evidently is playing a role in Montreal as they seek to stabilize the province.

The GTA families don't necessarily need or want to control Montreal but they will definitely have interest in the port and distribution networks as they can benefit from multiple access points which will benefit them and the cosa nostra.

Toronto has also demonstrated a more relaxed and less turbulent relationship between elements of cosa nostra from Palermo-Siculiana and various Ndrangheta cells.

Last edited by eurodave; 01/27/17 11:27 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905655
01/27/17 12:18 PM
01/27/17 12:18 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
There wasn't anything in Project MAGOT-MASTIF that pointed to Leonardo Rizzuto having involvement in the Boucher attempt on Desjardins. From what was said about it, in the indictment, was that Boucher was going through his daughter, who then would go to Woolley, whom would then facilitate said orders on the street. It's possible Leonardo could've had involvement but neither he nor Stefano were ever stated by authorities to have been involved. Either way, the arrest of Cazzetta along with Cavaliere, Sollecito, Rizzuto & Woolley, and the specific pyramid chart that had him as the money man of the operation, there was still a relationship between the Rizzuto group & The HA's. I'm not willing to believe just yet that the HA's have cut all ties and just jumped ship to some 'Ndrangheta groups.

And Renaud seems to believe Stefano Sollecito is continuing this war by himself through his refusal to cede control of some lucrative sports betting to his enemies. He also might be alluding to the "enemies" being the ones who may have these contracts hanging over their heads, that is further implicated in the mention of Ali Awada being the latest among the casualities , and his link to the Scoppa & Sucapane clans. If i'm interpreting the article correctly, and I may not be, then wouldn't that mean the demise of the remaining clan of Rizzuto was somewhat exaggerated, if the belief is that Stefano Sollecito is the one whos making this war continue? If he's got contracts on guys, and guys are still dying, and he has yet to cede his controlling interest of the lucrative bookmaking rackets over to those whom are against him and his group. Whats keeping his enemies from just removing him from the picture?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905667
01/27/17 04:31 PM
01/27/17 04:31 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015...lice-raids.html

In the article they mention the following alliance to control drug territory. The following is taken from the article:

Belanger said Cavaliere, a lawyer who has represented many organized crime figures, is facing gangsterism and trafficking charges.

He was described as a “facilitator” and “moderator” whose office allegedly served as a hub for decision-making for the three groups.

“This criminal alliance was born of a desire to control the territory, particularly in terms of drug trade and, more particularly for Montreal, to create revenue sharing (among them),” Belanger said.

Police say the investigation was conducted in three stages — the first looked at the links among street gangs, the Hells Angels and the Mafia following Vito Rizzuto’s death as they worked together to control territory and maintain distribution.

“All the profits were divided among this alliance and all the decisions were made by this alliance,” said Dubé, a lead investigator in the mixed squad that took part in Thursday’s operation.

The second stage followed the money trail, while the third looked at the conspiracy to kill Desjardins.

This is how I derived at the conclusion that they conspired together including the Mafia under the leadership of Leonardo.
With regards to HA they will go with whichever group that will win this war. They couldn't care less who it is because it is all about money. If I understand correctly, Boucher is in isolation, that would explain why his daughter was used for communication purposes.
Your entitled to your opinion but Renaud is one journalist among others to believe that the Rizzuto rivals,Ndrangheta and HA may have struck an alliance.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #905668
01/27/17 04:53 PM
01/27/17 04:53 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Some on the forum find it hard to believe that the GTA has become that important.

Toronto and Ontario are the economic capital of Canada
It's the most populated province
It's also the most wealthy
The Italian population in Ontario is nearly triple the size compared to Quebec, therefore the criminal element is not insignificant
The pentito Costa claimed that the ndrangheta now has the power in Canada, which evidently is playing a role in Montreal as they seek to stabilize the province.

The GTA families don't necessarily need or want to control Montreal but they will definitely have interest in the port and distribution networks as they can benefit from multiple access points which will benefit them and the cosa nostra.

Toronto has also demonstrated a more relaxed and less turbulent relationship between elements of cosa nostra from Palermo-Siculiana and various Ndrangheta cells.

With all the facts you mentioned, the writing is on the wall.
Whether one likes it or not, things get decided in Toronto/GTA.
You have Mafia & Ndrangheta leaders from Italy & Albanian leader that come to Toronto. The Caruana/Cun trera moved to Toronto. This is where business now takes place.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905669
01/27/17 04:55 PM
01/27/17 04:55 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
@ eurodave

Agreed about the article, one of the best ones in a long time. But we're used to it coming from Daniel Renaud, who is seemingly the most informed journalist.

Also agreed about Vito and his meeting in Toronto. I've been saying that is how I think it occured as well and it makes sense. At the time it was reported New York reps also attended.

It's also interesting that the Arcuris and Pietrantonio are in the picture again. Last we've heard they were in hiding.

It also seems like Sollecito can either relinquish or be clipped so business can continue. I can imagine the tough position the guy is in, facing cancer and or a bullet.

@ Ciment

I tend to disagree that the decisions are made by Toronto. I think Montreal is capable to handle its own affairs. Ofcourse there's no denying that Toronto has become more influential over the years and it seems the balance of power has shifted to some degree.

@ Sintraclub,

It has not been stated that Leonardo Rizzuto conspired with Boucher to murder Desjardins, but it's kind of obvious that he had a hand in it. The contract more than likely came from the Rizzuto group. Also, at the time of Desjardins' arrest it was reported that the Bonannos placed a contract on him.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905811
01/30/17 08:56 AM
01/30/17 08:56 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/01/25/dettes-impayees-et-perquisitions-liees-a-un-double-meurtre

Unpaid debts and searches related to double murder?
News | Published on January 25, 2017 at 11:30 - Update January 25, 2017 at 11:30

The two arson attacks, which targeted two businesses owned by the woman Carmelo Cannistraro, Caterina Miceli, would serve to send messages to the mafioso and his relatives.

The Streakz Coiffure, the Vimont district of Laval, and the branch of the same name, situated Robert-Bourassa Boulevard, also in Laval, have been the target of flames in recent weeks.

According to our information, sports betting, controlled by Carmelo Cannistraro during Operation Colosseum, is at the heart of the actions of the incendiaries.

It seems that it is not to get control of the sports betting book that both hairdressing salons have been set on fire.

Stefano Sollecito, the Mafia's interim sponsor, who is responsible for the sports betting book , is very ill and would not pay his debts.

It would therefore be for the payment of debts that we attacked the businesses of Caterina Miceli, the wife of Carmelo Cannistraro.

Searches related to double murder?
The residence of mobster Salvatore Scoppa was invested by the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) in the upscale area of ​​Val-des-Brises, Laval, on 17 January.

The purpose of the search by the SQ crime investigators at Scoppa's home was to gather evidence in an ongoing investigation.

According to information obtained by TVA Nouvelles, these searches are linked to a case of a double murder.

A residence in Blainville, in the Laurentians, was searched, on December 22, in a case of disappearance, considered however a double murder.

On September 25 and 26, 2013, Daniel Pierre, in his mid-forties, and Mohamed Qazi Ali, 30, two men linked to organized crime disappeared under nebulous circumstances.

"The investigation initiated by the SPVM seeks to demonstrate that there would be a link between the two disappearances and could be found in the Laurentians," said SQ in a press release.

Listen to Félix Séguin's column in the video above to find out more about Carmelo Cannistraro and Salvatore Scoppa.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #905812
01/30/17 09:27 AM
01/30/17 09:27 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Another article (in Italian) claiming Rocco Sollecito and Carmine Verduci had close ties.

http://www.vocidicitta.it/attualita/cosche-e-coca-e-il-canada-la-nuova-zona-franca-della-ndrangheta/

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905813
01/30/17 09:55 AM
01/30/17 09:55 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Great articles Ciment and Anti.

Clearly there's a strong relationship between the cities, as noted by Renaud previous article, and different cells and people will work together for the main purpose of money and power.

As you mentioned in the past antimafia, the Siderno group seems to be split or have different opinions on how to handle the Montreal situation.

Its a very complex web of relationships.

As for Sollecito, if he isn't paying his debts, that tells me alot about his supposed role as the head and lack of respect other clans have towards him. Such things wouldn't of happened under Vito or Vic.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905814
01/30/17 10:04 AM
01/30/17 10:04 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

If I am not mistaken wasn't Carmine Verduci part of the Coluccio clan. If so, it would make sense that he would have a relationship with Montreal. In the book buisiness or blood, when Vito came out of jail, Vito was unclear how things stood with Bruzzese and that his son-in-law Antonio Coluccio was keen on attempting to push into Montreal.Their relations may have been strained at that point.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905816
01/30/17 10:16 AM
01/30/17 10:16 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
For the record, I wasn't saying that there was no relationship or collusion between Leonardo-Stefano's mafia, with Lloris Cavaliere, The HA's & Woolley's group. Since the beginning I've been saying there was. I'm just saying it wasn't anything conclusive to tie in Leonardo with the attempts Boucher attempted to make on Desjardins.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #905821
01/30/17 12:17 PM
01/30/17 12:17 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Great articles Ciment and Anti.

Clearly there's a strong relationship between the cities, as noted by Renaud previous article, and different cells and people will work together for the main purpose of money and power.

As you mentioned in the past antimafia, the Siderno group seems to be split or have different opinions on how to handle the Montreal situation.

Its a very complex web of relationships.

As for Sollecito, if he isn't paying his debts, that tells me alot about his supposed role as the head and lack of respect other clans have towards him. Such things wouldn't of happened under Vito or Vic.

If were are to take this journalist at his word that Stefano is very ill and can't make payments.I do find peculiar that no one in Stefano's camp was assigned to continue payments. Could it be that Carmelo Cannistraro being involved in all of this decided to keep the money ? or is there betrayal in the ranks ?
I agree,something doesn't seem right.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/30/17 12:18 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905887
01/31/17 02:42 PM
01/31/17 02:42 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Last edited by Ciment; 01/31/17 03:01 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905901
01/31/17 07:55 PM
01/31/17 07:55 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905902
01/31/17 08:18 PM
01/31/17 08:18 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Background info. on brother of the deceased.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-police-dismantle-massive-drug-network-1.1236172

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013...police_say.html

Translation:Montrealer killed in Toronto

MAXIME DELAND
Tuesday, 31 January 2017 17:27
Update Tuesday, 31 January 2017 17:27
A 39-year-old Montrealer was murdered in the street on Monday afternoon in downtown Toronto. The victim is the brother of Mihale Leventis, who is now in jail for allegedly attempting to monopolize the distribution of cocaine in Canada.
Anastasios Leventis was riddled with bullets around 2:30 pm at the corner of George and Adelaide Streets.
His assassin disembarked from a vehicle before opening fire on him many times.The death of Leventis was recorded on the scene.

No arrests have yet been made in connection with this case.
Anastasios Leventis is the brother of Mihale Leventis, arrested in November 2012 as part of Operation Loquace.
Mihale Leventis was described by the Sûreté du Québec as one of the six heads of the disbanded criminal organization. The objective was to seize the monopoly on the distribution of cocaine in the country.
According to the police, the criminal network was implicated in the importation, transportation and trafficking of narcotic drugs in Quebec and other Canadian provinces. The criminal organization also had links with various strains of organized crime, including the Hells Angels and the Italian mafia.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/31/17 08:34 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #905903
01/31/17 09:54 PM
01/31/17 09:54 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
It seems the ring leaders of Operation loquace are being killed off one by one. Levantis is another victim

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...en-colombie.php

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #905904
01/31/17 10:22 PM
01/31/17 10:22 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

It seems the ring leaders of Operation loquace are being killed off one by one. Levantis is another victim

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...en-colombie.php

Like to know who they pissed off. HA, Mafia or Ndrangheta. Unless they stiffed the Columbians.

Page 36 of 155 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull