GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (NickleCity, U talkin' da me ??, The_Marble_Guy, Lenox, 1 invisible), 114 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,161
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 155 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #903242
12/30/16 11:19 PM
12/30/16 11:19 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Here is more info:
Feb. 2005 Domenico Cordelone kidnapped
Apr.2005 T.Magi kidnapped
May Leonardo D’angelo kidnapped (nephew of Vince Spagnolo wife)
May 2005 F.Martorano kidnapped
Oct. 2005 N.Varcalli kdinapped

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903244
12/30/16 11:45 PM
12/30/16 11:45 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
I for one thunk problems rooted way before that in 2000 as Vito tried to push and consolidate his power becoming a sort of boss of all bosses by taking over Ontario.

It didn't take much for the siderno group to set him straight by killing pane pinto, his main man in Toronto. That push into Ontario might have given the siderno boys Extra reasons to find unhappy campers in Montreal and unite to push the Rizzuto family out. The bigger you are, the larger the target on your back is

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903245
12/30/16 11:54 PM
12/30/16 11:54 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: eurodave
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: Hollander

The Italian prosecutors and media seem to always paint the picture as a Siderno Group vs Rizzuto clan when it comes to the last few years.

The article also mentions 14 Locali, which is quite a lot and if true, no wonder they calabrians have the power and influence to do as they wish.

Can someone correct me if I've read that one locale is made up of at least 30-40 members?

Best part in all of this blood and war is our inability to pinpoint one central figure within the GTA who could be the main culprit.

Also, the trail of blood has 99% been within Montreal

The Italian prosecutors seem to be well informed compared to the Canadian RCMP.It was the Italian authorities that informed the RCMP that there were 9 locale in Toronto. Back then most medias & authorities reported there were 3 or 4. Now it seems they have grown to 14 in Canada. It would be interesting to know where the remaining 5 are located. Maybe they established some locale in Montreal ?

14 x 20 members equals almost 300 Ndranghetisti...quite a bit if you ask me.

A few years ago Italian authorities stated that there were approximately 40 members of the 'ndrangheta operating in Ontario divided among 9 clans. If there are now 14 as you say that number would probably have gone up by a few dozen. 300 members seems like an exaggeration just as some people were saying years ago that the Rizzutos had 300 made members while they had no more than 20 (Bonanno) and perhaps another dozen or so members of the Sicilian Mafia. However the Rizzutos did have hundreds of associates, a lange chunk of that comprising of footsoldiers divided among several factions but ultimately answerable to the Rizzutos. I think the Rizzutos total manpower at their height was much bigger than the manpower of the Ontario Calabrians which is why Rizzuto was able to expand into Ontario without much resistance. Times have definitely changed though, no doubt about it.

Nevertheless, I still feel like the power of the 'ndrangheta in Canada is overestimated.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903247
12/31/16 12:11 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy
A lot of interesting posts right now of the current situation and who's on who's side. Definitely reminds me of the 2009-2013 portion of the war when nobody really knew who was on what side. It later turned out that there were 2 groups against the Rizzuto's which sounds a lot like what we are seeing again now.

I saw Mucci's name mentioned a few posts ago with regards to playing a part with the old Cotroni group. It's interesting that his name was rarely mentioned in the bloody part of the war, but that one of his closest allies Moreno Gallo sided with the Montagna group, which of course was opposite of the old Cotroni group. I'm confused as to how he would be described... I've read where he was a part of the Cotroni clan, I've also heard that he was a lietenant of Moreno Gallo, or would he have his own clan?

It's been said before, but Arcadi and Del Baso could hold the balance of power. Not to say they would be able to take over, but they could make a deal with one of the groups to put one group solidly in front.

Does anyone have information on the following?
- Are Stefano Sollecito's 2 brothers involved in the mafia?
- Are Pietrantonio or the Arcuri brothers back involved? They were big pieces of Montagna's group

I believe Stefano's brothers are involved. There was mention of Mario when they seized guns and license plates and Giuseppe is mentioned in Mafia Inc.
I haven't heard much of the Arcuri's, they are laying low. Especially for having betrayed both the Rizzuto's and their rivals.
With regards with the old Cotroni clan it is hard to follow who is on what side because some jumped ship to Montagna, others remained with the Rizzuto clan and others became rivals to Rizzuto. Example, we found out about Gallo supporting Montagna because of the wiretaps. Callocchia stayed with Rizzuto, Desjardins decided to fight the Rizzuto's, the ones that remained neutral got whacked.So far I haven't read anything in the news that would identify what side Mucci and Vanelli are on. They both had an attempt on their lives.
In this Montreal feud you have Sicilians betraying Sicilians and Calabrese betraying Calabrese.

I remember an article that stated that Callocchia was collecting payments on behalf of Montagna, but may have misinterpreted that.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903248
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/dossie...lan-rizzuto.php

Yes, I agree that the root problems started prior to 2000 because of the push into Ontario.
What I was talking about in my earlier posts was when the wheels were in motion in causing instability in Montreal; which began after Vito's arrest.In the above article the Violi's were having meetigs with Piccirilli back in 2005 and further down in the article Piccirilli wanted the green from Toronto to kill N.Rizzuto sr.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903249
12/31/16 12:19 AM
12/31/16 12:19 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I think the 'ndrangheta simply preyed on the turmoil in Montreal, playing a divide and conquer game and indiscreetly making alliances with Rizzuto enemies. Then when Rizzuto came back they took a low profile and now they are preying on the chaos again and this time it seems they have a better change of succeeding.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #903250
12/31/16 12:26 AM
12/31/16 12:26 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...ns-un-piege.php

In earlier news articles the journalist did report Callocchia was a rival but later articles mention that he was in the Rizzuto camp and was also seen by his side. The above article mentions that.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #903251
12/31/16 12:27 AM
12/31/16 12:27 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Good summary.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903252
12/31/16 12:53 AM
12/31/16 12:53 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I for one thunk problems rooted way before that in 2000 as Vito tried to push and consolidate his power becoming a sort of boss of all bosses by taking over Ontario.

It didn't take much for the siderno group to set him straight by killing pane pinto, his main man in Toronto. That push into Ontario might have given the siderno boys Extra reasons to find unhappy campers in Montreal and unite to push the Rizzuto family out. The bigger you are, the larger the target on your back is

One of the two Ndrangheta members that was killed in Toronto by Panepinto is named Antonio Oppedisano. Domenico Oppedisano was appointed capo crimine in 2009, I always wondered if they were related. If they were it may share more light in the strained relationship between Montreal & Toronto.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903254
12/31/16 02:30 AM
12/31/16 02:30 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss

One of the two Ndrangheta members that was killed in Toronto by Panepinto is named Antonio Oppedisano. Domenico Oppedisano was appointed capo crimine in 2009, I always wondered if they were related. If they were it may share more light in the strained relationship between Montreal & Toronto.

^^^^
Antonio Oppedisano was not related to Domenico of Rosarno.

Vito Rizzuto and his father had allies in Ontario going back to the 1960s. Panepinto, who was unlikely even made, was not the most important ally of the Montreal Mafia in the year 2000. Nino Cammalleri (the uncle of Vito's wife, Giovanna), Peter Scarcella, Giacinto Arcuri, Frank Campoli (the husband of Giovanna's first cousin),  Nicola Genua,  and the Caruana-Cun treras were the far more important Sicilian associates in the GTA.

Despite what many mobwatchers think, the Commisso brothers in Toronto facilitated the expansion of the Montreal Mafia in Ontario in the late 1990s (see The Sixth Family book; doesn't matter which edition). A member of Nino Cammalleri's family married into the Commisso brothers' family in 2005/2006.

In 2001, we know that Vito chaired a meeting in the GTA in which he announced that he wanted to amalgamate Italian mafia groups in Ontario and Quebec. To think he could amalgamate all such groups would be absurd, but all of them at the meeting got on board. Members of the GTA Siderno Group were present at the meeting. We found out only last year that individuals from New York's Gambino Family were also at the meeting.

After Vito was jailed in 2004, the GTA Siderno Group's Carmelo Bruzzese continued to have contact with Francesco Arcadi for more than a year (may have been up to 16 months--I'll check my computer in the morning), as Bruzzese was instrumental in helping the Montreal Mafia in the corruption of public-works contracts in Italy.

Back in 2008, mostly Italian-language articles were published about the Operazione Orso Bruno investigation in Italy that targeted the Montreal Mafia leadership. Bruzzese, because of his close association with Vito Rizzuto, was charged with being a member of Cosa Nostra. On another forum, now essentially defunct, where board poster Hollander and I were members, he posted the odd English-language article about the investigation and Bruzzese's being arrested and charged. Back then, Hollander and I didn't know who Bruzzese was. Nor did we know of the criminal collaboration between the GTA Siderno Group, the Montreal Mafia, the GTA Sicilian drug traffickers like Genua and son Ignazio, and the Commisso clan in Calabria--all of this was revealed after the July 2010 culmination of the antindrangheta operation in Calabria, as the four-volume arrest warrants published two months later mentioned all the names and all the ties.

Past criminal ties--and even present criminal ties or family ties--do not  guarantee future collaboration. The Commisso brothers forged very close ties with Nick Rizzuto Sr. in the 1970s; the brothers felt no loyalty to Giacomo Luppino and the Violis then and later in the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s, just as they felt no loyalty to Domenico Racco, whose 1983 murder by the Musitanos could easily have been prevented by the Commissos' intervention. Scarcella and Rocco Remo Commisso had been close ever since the Commissos decided not to kill Scarcella in the early 1980s. The Charbonneau Commission revealed that Domenico Arcuri Jr. had very tight ties to the Cammalleri clan in the GTA, but did that stop the Arcuri brothers from allying themselves with Montagna and Desjardins? The intermarriage between the Commissos and the Cammalleris likewise seems to have had no real effect on the decision of certain GTA Siderno Group members to exploit opportunities presented by the mob war in Montreal.

If we look again at all the events and incidents involving the Italian underworlds of Toronto and Montreal between 2000 and 2006--maybe even as late as 2008--the newer information and evidence makes you see that for every criminal venture that went well, some other venture went horribly wrong. Or there was a murder such as that of senior GTA Siderno Group figure Vincenzo Raco, whose killing may have been ordered by Arcadi.

There is even a possibility that the murders and attempted murders at the Moka cafe in Woodbridge in 2015 are a result of renewed tension between certain GTA Siderno Group members and the Montreal Mafia--just reread one of the articles published at the time that named one of the two previous owners of the cafe.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903259
12/31/16 08:05 AM
12/31/16 08:05 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
The troubles for the Rizzuto clan didnt start immediately after Vito was put away. It started after Operation Coliseé, which was in 2006, where most of those guys were put away. And even then, the real instablity within the Montreal Mafia started with the death of Nicolo Jr. in '09. Dont know the reason why Mucci was shot in '07, couldve been involved, but cdn_wiseguy is right, Mucci's attempt was before all the real troubles began.

Your facts are dead wrong. The instability started with the D'amico's (2005) with the kidnappings. It then progressed with the help of Sergio Piccirilli(2006) he was planning to kill N.Rizzuto but never got the green light from Toronto, and then Devito got into the picture, followed by Scoppa. D.Macri gets shot in 2006. Five from the Rizzuto clan get killed in 2007. This is the definition of instability in my books.

Well , for one , i didnt state any "facts", just what I thought. And there's clearly a difference of opinion when it comes to what "instabilty against the Rizzutos" mean. I'm talking about a power grab. Third, according to Lee Lamothe & The Sixth Family, the D'Amico kidnappings wasnt that, if im thinking right and thats the one where they built holding cells in their basement for Arcadi & someone else. That was over money Arcadi supposedly owed, and he referred to the D'Amicos as "cuckolds" and basically refused to pay them back. Outside of visiting the Cosenza social club, the "kidnappings" never got off the ground, again, if im remembering correctly, and things came to a halt, once all men of the Rizzuto leadership, were arrested in the Colisee bust, I will say that the D'Amico stuff was enough for Del Balso and Giordano, two well known Arcadi loyalists, to request armored vehicles and guns. Now we get into post '06, which is even when I said the instability started, your dates merely cosign that. Piccirilli never got the okay from Toronto because the Rizzuto group were still in power and working with Toronto 'Ndrines, De Vito supposedly got involved after the murder of Gervasi, who was angry at the Rizzutos over the death of his son, supposedly. Colisee happens and De Vito goes on the run, he never got a chance to act against the Rizzutos, to the best of my knowledge and he paid for his act of disloyalty. And that De Vito doc that aired in Canada about a year ago, alluded to De Vito being the one who killed Gervasi, as bullets from his gun passed through Gervasi's body, and the fatal shot was from a bullet that came from De Vitos firearm and that the order came from the Rizzuto leadership. He was also acknowledged in the Rizzuto owned Loreto funeral home, in a plaque of sorts honoring their dead. So theirs no real indication whom side De Vito was really on. Hard to call that instability against the Rizzutos to me. I havent seen anything that mentions the Scoppas acting against The Rizzutos either, physically during that timeframe, only thing I did see mentioned was the Scoppa drug pipeline. I didnt see anything about the Scoppas warring for leadership against them , again, during that timeframe. I stated time and time over why I first suspected them to be involved in the recent bloodshed, however. Maybe you can point me in the direction of some stuff which supports what youre saying in this post, in reference to The Scoppa's. I dont know enough about the Macri thing to speak on it, other than that it was also a part of the D'Amico trouble. But again, I already acknowledged '06 as the possible beginning. As cdn_wiseguy mentioned before, there was always instability against these various groups, however, not all of the animosity was always directly aimed at The Rizzutos.

Good analysis Anti, I always appreciate what you have to say on these matters.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903261
12/31/16 08:34 AM
12/31/16 08:34 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
I appreciate your knowledge and post anti but whatever may have happened 10 or 20 years ago and the relationships that were in place then are surely not static.

Just because the siderno boys supposedly got along then and had to tolerate Vito doesn't mean they continued to do so.

That meeting in 2001 was in part a power grab to consolidate operations however the criminal landscape was different then both here, in italy and the Toronto. Think the ndrangheta expansion in the last 15 years alone

Some have suggested that Montreal was a formidable family and extremely powerful...then how can you explain that it took only 2 years for the police force put everyone beyind bars and less than two years for rivals to kill Nick, Nicolo, Agostino, Paolo and friends

Last edited by eurodave; 12/31/16 08:35 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903263
12/31/16 08:48 AM
12/31/16 08:48 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
If anyone knows what they're talking about, its Anti. He's never provided any reason to doubt his post. He's arguably the most knowledgeable person around this forum when it comes to Canadian Organized Crime.

And everything started After Vito was imprisoned and far away from Canada. Clearly when he was on the street, the relationships he made with other crime groups and their bosses were greatly valued by enemies and allies alike. Quite obviously, nobody had the leadership skills he had to maintain those relationships. Thats why it was "so easy" to bring them down.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/31/16 08:53 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #903264
12/31/16 08:51 AM
12/31/16 08:51 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Nevertheless, I still feel like the power of the 'ndrangheta in Canada is overestimated.

Magistrate Nicola Gratteri, expert on the Siderno Group, said there are hundreds of 'ndranghetisti in Canada, I believe thats true. They do have the numbers because unlike Cosa Nostra they use blood ties to make guys.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #903265
12/31/16 09:01 AM
12/31/16 09:01 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
If anyone knows what they're talking about, its Anti. He's never provided any reason to doubt his post. He's arguably the most knowledgeable person around this forum when it comes to Canadian Organized Crime.

And everything started After Vito was imprisoned and far away from Canada. Clearly when he was on the street, the relationships he made with other crime groups and their bosses were greatly valued by enemies and allies alike. Quite obviously, nobody had the leadership skills he had to maintain those relationships. Thats why it was "so easy" to bring them down.

Again if he was so respected and feared...would you dare kill his son and then his father in front of his daughter and mother?

You're only good to people until you're not anymore.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903266
12/31/16 09:24 AM
12/31/16 09:24 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: antimafia

Back in 2008, mostly Italian-language articles were published about the Operazione Orso Bruno investigation in Italy that targeted the Montreal Mafia leadership. Bruzzese, because of his close association with Vito Rizzuto, was charged with being a member of Cosa Nostra. On another forum, now essentially defunct, where board poster Hollander and I were members, he posted the odd English-language article about the investigation and Bruzzese's being arrested and charged. Back then, Hollander and I didn't know who Bruzzese was. Nor did we know of the criminal collaboration between the GTA Siderno Group, the Montreal Mafia, the GTA Sicilian drug traffickers like Genua and son Ignazio, and the Commisso clan in Calabria--all of this was revealed after the July 2010 culmination of the antindrangheta operation in Calabria, as the four-volume arrest warrants published two months later mentioned all the names and all the ties.

That also why I said they are all Uomini d'Onore it's not only business relations but also Mafia politics. The wedding anniversary of Paolo C untrera was a good example top guys from both societies were present.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #903272
12/31/16 10:56 AM
12/31/16 10:56 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Anti is not the issue here and I am quite sure he is well respected on this forum and I value his opinion.
I seen others comment about Canadian Organized crime on this forum that are also very knowledgeable.So I don't see your point about making such blanket statements.
I for one and probably others on this forum,have been following Canadian organized crime since the late sixties. Knowledge is not only acquired by books or what you read on the internet. Some of us have also life experiences,friends and/or families in the know or have grown up in some of those neighborhoods.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903273
12/31/16 11:15 AM
12/31/16 11:15 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Ciment's got a valid point......some members on the forum have grown up around people, areas, countries and neighbourhoods where these criminals and turf wars take place.

By consequence, people talk, you hear stories and trends that for whatever reason journalists don't have access too.

How many times did they mess up the origins of gangsters, thats just one example.

Although I respect the depth and knowledge of antimafias post, the past is exactly that, the past.

Present day circumstances are not what it was in 95 or even 4 years ago.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903276
12/31/16 12:47 PM
12/31/16 12:47 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...ns-un-piege.php

In earlier news articles the journalist did report Callocchia was a rival but later articles mention that he was in the Rizzuto camp and was also seen by his side. The above article mentions that.

I guess he just liked switching sides. Perhaps he was allowed back into the Rizzuto fold because he wasn't directly involved in the killings. It didn't serve any purpose for Rizzuto to kill anyone who was even remotely involved in the coup, just its leaders and some of the hitters. But at the end of the day business needed to continue and Callochia proved useful.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #903277
12/31/16 01:49 PM
12/31/16 01:49 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
He was also acknowledged in the Rizzuto owned Loreto funeral home, in a plaque of sorts honoring their dead. So theirs no real indication whom side De Vito was really on.

It is pretty evident that De Vito was a Rizzuto enemy. A documentary about him revealed that he aligned with Montagna and was believed to be behind the disappearance of Renda and the murder of [BadWord].

Some have suggested that Montreal was a formidable family and extremely powerful...then how can you explain that it took only 2 years for the police force put everyone beyind bars and less than two years for rivals to kill Nick, Nicolo, Agostino, Paolo and friends

The Montreal Mafia as a whole was quite formidable but it was a loose federation of cells that Vito hold together. Under his leadership it mimicked a streamlined organization. But history showed that his family had silent enemies, and when he was sent away his successors weren't able to enact the same kind of authority over all the cells and on top of that messed things up.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #903280
12/31/16 02:52 PM
12/31/16 02:52 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
Sonny,

I agree with you that De Vito probably was against the Rizutto's even though there has been some doubt cast on this. However, I've never seen anything suggesting he was aligned with Montagna. I feel like I remember the things I've read suggesting he was working more with Desjardins/Mirarchi.

I'd be interested to see your sources on his alignment with Montagna. I'd also like to see the sources that believe he was behind the Renda disappearance and the Agostino hit... I need something to do for the next couple of days smile

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903283
12/31/16 03:20 PM
12/31/16 03:20 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
But like said, it is still very interesting that De Vito's name was on the plaque in the Loreto. I think that is the true factor that confuses everyone on the subject of him being a Rizzuto rival. I'm on the boat that he WAS against Vito, but then again why would his name be on there?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #903285
12/31/16 03:54 PM
12/31/16 03:54 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy
Sonny,

I agree with you that De Vito probably was against the Rizutto's even though there has been some doubt cast on this. However, I've never seen anything suggesting he was aligned with Montagna. I feel like I remember the things I've read suggesting he was working more with Desjardins/Mirarchi.

I'd be interested to see your sources on his alignment with Montagna. I'd also like to see the sources that believe he was behind the Renda disappearance and the Agostino hit... I need something to do for the next couple of days smile

Here's the original article:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/11/29/le-caid-a-filme-sa-cavale

Youtube link with English translation:
https://youtu.be/LPifwXv7eZ0

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: dixiemafia] #903286
12/31/16 04:20 PM
12/31/16 04:20 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
But like said, it is still very interesting that De Vito's name was on the plaque in the Loreto. I think that is the true factor that confuses everyone on the subject of him being a Rizzuto rival. I'm on the boat that he WAS against Vito, but then again why would his name be on there?

I think it was antimafia who said that he had reason to believe that Rizzuto and De Vito had made amends before the latter's death. I agree that it doesn't seem to make sense, being that there's clear evidence that De Vito conspired against the Rizzutos yet has his name on that plaque. Perhaps he was killed by the Rizzuto group nevertheless or perhaps he was killed by his former allies for making amends with Vito, who knows.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #903299
12/31/16 11:07 PM
12/31/16 11:07 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

After Vito's release from Colorado De Vito's men Facchina and Scuderi were killed.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #903301
12/31/16 11:29 PM
12/31/16 11:29 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

If Arcadi is already in a halfway house, he can probably send "pizzini" to his men.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: dixiemafia] #903305
01/01/17 12:23 AM
01/01/17 12:23 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

Exactly. And like I said, the De Vito doc from last year, mentions how Gervasi's body contained bullets from a firearm which matched to one De Vito had in his possession, which I believe they said was the gun he had with him in that apartment complex he had in Toronto where he was making those videos from. The documentary also said clear as day that De Vito himself was responsible for the Gervasi hit. Which led the documentary to question if he was acting on Rizzuto leadership orders. An article in reference to the doc says specifically "according to our sources, De Vito even murdered his own boss, Paolo Gervasi in 2004", it then went on to talk about how the bullets from De Vitos gun, passed through Gervasi and got lodged into the body of De Vito's accomplice, Carmelo Tommassino. This was also the same doc that claimed that De Vito sided with Montagna. It doesnt make sense, and I still don't believe its as clear cut as some would like to make it out to be, whose side De Vito may have really been on, from everything I've learned so far. Before Business Or Blood mentioning the Loreto plaque and the De Vito doc from a year ago, I was certain that De Vito did turn on the Rizzuto group. However since then, I simply dont know, and because of the doc and the Loreto plaque and the many relationships we still speculate about to this day, in regards to the Canadian underworld, I'm simply not willing to jump to such a conclusion, as to if he was definitely against the Rizzutos or if he wasn't, thats all.

And Ciment, I could be wrong, but isnt Anti from Canada as well, therefore what you said about people hearing things and researching the Canadian Mafia since the 60s, apply to him as well? Except aside from just word of mouth, he also uses actual RCMP documentation and other forms of documentation to make his posts. And I never doubted or disputed you "following Canadian OC dating back to the 60s", but you aren't the only one, and many of the discussion points, you, Sonny, myself, Cabrini, Euro, Dixie, etc, and theories and news we debate about has come from Anti and his posts, just throwing that out there. And yes, Eurodave, I understand that his post dealt with the past however its still within the discusssion as it goes to show despite what some here believe, Vito did still have allies in Toronto, Ontario which kept these groups from acting out directly against him and his leadership. And as already explained, The Rizzutos were a formidable force, thats undeniable, but as myself and others have said, his leadership skills were obviously one in a million. And his successors simply werent able to be diplomatic in the way he was and couldnt maintain those relationships and bonds, to keep their leadership position in tact and protected after he was extradited and convicted.

And heres the De Vito article I was referring to from Journal De Montreal...

Originally Posted By: "Journal de Montreal"

Le caïd a filmé sa cavale
On le voit, entre autres, réagir à la mort de ses filles, tuées par sa conjointe pendant ses années au large

Le mafieux Giuseppe De Vito s’est filmé à plusieurs reprises pendant sa cavale de quatre ans, immortalisant au passage sa peine après l’assassinat de ses deux filles par leur mère ainsi que l’annonce que sa maîtresse est enceinte.
Des dizaines de documents inédits obtenus par le Bureau d’enquête dressent un portrait jusqu’ici inconnu du chef de clan de la mafia montréalaise mort empoisonné au cyanure dans sa prison de Donnacona en 2013.

Des années plus tôt, celui qu’on surnomme «Ponytail» en raison de ses cheveux attachés en queue de cheval se trouve dans la région de Québec le 22 novembre 2006. Il est au téléphone avec sa femme quand il apprend que les policiers mènent la plus grande rafle antimafia de l’histoire canadienne.
Alors que les agents perquisitionnent son domicile de Laval, le mafieux de 40 ans est au téléphone avec sa femme Adèle Sorella qui, elle, est à l’intérieur de leur luxueuse maison. Le criminel a le choix: partir ou rester. Il part.

«Suivez-moi»
«Suivez-moi, je vais vous montrer où nous nous cachons depuis les cinq, six derniers mois», lance plus tard De Vito à la caméra. Il fait une visite guidée de l’appartement de Toronto dans lequel il se terre avec le soutien de la Ndrangheta, un puissant clan de la mafia calabraise.
Il note que le smog recouvre une bonne partie de la Ville Reine. Il met les limiers au défi de le retrouver dans les hauteurs du complexe d’habitation Le Pinnacle.
Au printemps 2009, un événement vient tout changer. Sa femme assassine leurs deux enfants de 8 et 9 ans, Amanda et Sabrina. De Vito enregistre une vidéo extrêmement déstabilisante. S’il n’a pas été possible de connaître sa date d’enregistrement, c’est bien à la mort de ses deux filles que le caïd réagit sur cette vidéo, selon nos informations.
Celui-ci, torse nu, ajuste la caméra pour que le spectateur puisse bien voir ses yeux. Ensuite, il fixe la lentille pendant plus d’une minute trente sans dire un mot. Son visage se tord de douleur sur une musique triste en arrière-plan. Sur son biceps, on peut lire les initiales de ses deux filles assassinées.
D’ailleurs, le soir du meurtre de ses filles tuées par leur mère, l’homme traqué s’était rendu chez son avocat, Me Daniel Rock.
«Il avait le poignet cassé, je ne sais pas ce qu’il avait fracassé. C’était un homme au tempérament très vif», raconte le criminaliste qui l’a rencontré à plusieurs reprises pendant sa cavale.
La grande annonce
Sur un autre document vidéo, De Vito fait une grande annonce. Après avoir perdu ses deux filles, le mafieux dit à la caméra que sa maîtresse Gina Conforti est enceinte. «Je suis gênée par la caméra», dit celle qui va lui donner des jumeaux quelques mois plus tard.

20 MEURTRES?
«Quelle vie! J’ai une longue histoire à raconter», lance Giuseppe De Vito à la caméra qui le filme dans un endroit inconnu trois jours après sa fête.
Il semble détendu, mais on ne saura jamais la suite de l’histoire que le fugitif voulait raconter.
Chose certaine, il a choisi de se rebeller contre l’organisation de l’ancien parrain de la mafia montréalaise Vito Rizzuto en s’alliant à Salvatore Montagna. Ce dernier est fraîchement débarqué de New York pour tenter d’occuper, en vain, le fauteuil du parrain.
Des sources policières croient que De Vito a participé de près ou de loin à près d’une vingtaine de meurtres, dont plusieurs ont précipité la chute du clan sicilien. C’est même lui qui serait derrière l’enlèvement du consigliere Paolo Renda et l’assassinat d’Agostino [BadWord], le numéro deux du clan Rizzuto, selon nos sources policières.
FAUSSE IDENTITÉ
Pendant sa cavale qui va s’échelonner sur quatre ans jusqu’à son arrestation en 2010, De Vito fait des allers-retours entre Toronto et Montréal. Quand il est au Québec, il habite un appartement de la rue Capri sous la fausse identité de Max Mele ou Max Melo.
IL TUE SON PATRON
Selon nos informations, De Vito aurait même assassiné son propre patron Paolo Gervasi en 2004.
Il pouvait être un tueur impitoyable. Lors de la fusillade, une balle provenant de l’arme de De Vito serait passée à travers le corps de Gervasi pour aller se loger dans l’abdomen du jeune Carmelo Tomassino, qui était complice du tueur dans cette affaire.
À la suite de cette blessure, Tomassino aurait été transporté dans un appartement, où la décision aurait été prise de le déposer devant l’hôpital Santa Cabrini pour qu’il y soit soigné.
La police croit que De Vito s’y est opposé et l’a plutôt achevé d’une balle dans la tête. Son corps aurait été brûlé, puis enterré par l’organisation mafieuse.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/01/17 12:35 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #903306
01/01/17 01:39 AM
01/01/17 01:39 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

And Ciment, I could be wrong, but isnt Anti from Canada as well, therefore what you said about people hearing things and researching the Canadian Mafia since the 60s, apply to him as well? Except aside from just word of mouth, he also uses actual RCMP documentation and other forms of documentation to make his posts. And I never doubted or disputed you "following Canadian OC dating back to the 60s", but you aren't the only one, and many of the discussion points, you, Sonny, myself, Cabrini, Euro, Dixie, etc, and theories and news we debate about has come from Anti and his posts, just throwing that out there. And yes, Eurodave, I understand that his post dealt with the past however its still within the discusssion as it goes to show despite what some here believe, Vito did still have allies in Toronto, Ontario which kept these groups from acting out directly against him and his leadership. And as already explained, The Rizzutos were a formidable force, thats undeniable, but as myself and others have said, his leadership skills were obviously one in a million. And his successors simply werent able to be diplomatic in the way he was and couldnt maintain those relationships and bonds, to keep their leadership position in tact and protected after he was extradited and convicted.

Sinatra.... If you read my statement I never said anything negative about anti mafia. So where do you come off saying such a thing. Why do you make such stupid comments ?

Last edited by Ciment; 01/01/17 01:41 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903313
01/01/17 08:59 AM
01/01/17 08:59 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
As great leader as he was everyone has an expiration date including vito and his family. That's one thing they don't seem to understand.

The criminal landscape is different now and their time to shine is done

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903314
01/01/17 10:46 AM
01/01/17 10:46 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Leo Rizzuto is a smart guy big shoes to fill but maybe he can pull it off. At least for now he's relatively safe behind bars.

Last edited by Hollander; 01/01/17 10:47 AM.

Page 27 of 155 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull