GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 90 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,162
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 155 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903050
12/29/16 12:49 PM
12/29/16 12:49 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: eurodave
Great article Cement!

Daniel seems to always bring great knowledge and perspective.

I wish he would of mentioned those 2-3 leaders lol!

I have a feeling Scoppa is one of them

Yes, I hate when they do not mention names. For who is left in Montreal to assume a leadership role, I agree the Scoppa clan would be one of them, the other might be the Cotroni clan which would include Vanelli,Mirarchi,Cotroni's. The third clan is what puzzles me,there is the DeVito clan ? I can't see the Sicilian clan going away, they seem to have it against the Rizzuto's loyalists only. Will the Sicilian clan be transformed under a new leadership with the help of the Caruana/Cun trera ? Then if we look outside of Montreal, there is the Ontario Ndrangheta that will want to plant their flag in Montreal as well. It will be an interesting year(2017).

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903059
12/29/16 02:39 PM
12/29/16 02:39 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
I wonder if the remnants of the Cotroni Di Maulo clan is also lumped with Desjardins Mirarchi. Then you have to consider the old De Vito crew and friends.

Old timers like Mucci and Vanelli could be part of any of those groups or against.

As for the remaining Sicilian loyalists, I think they'll continue to operate much like the cotroni clan did after the Rizzutos took over in the 80s.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903070
12/29/16 03:52 PM
12/29/16 03:52 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
But didn't he say they were done before Vito got out of prison too? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I want to see Arcadi, Del Balso and Rizzuto out before I claim victory over the old faction. You just never know these days, especially up there. They will definitely have to "come back" to win this one though.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: dixiemafia] #903077
12/29/16 04:38 PM
12/29/16 04:38 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
But didn't he say they were done before Vito got out of prison too? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I want to see Arcadi, Del Balso and Rizzuto out before I claim victory over the old faction. You just never know these days, especially up there. They will definitely have to "come back" to win this one though.

Yes you are correct,the Rizzuto clan received heavy casualties prior to his release & that is why some journalist thought it was the end; but much to everybody's surprise Vito Rizzuto made a comeback. Now that he is deceased I do not see anyone in the Rizzuto clan that could mount a second counter attack unless they receive help from outside sources. Arcadi does not have the same leadership capabilities that Vito had,as matter of fact he made things worse when he was in charge.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903079
12/29/16 04:47 PM
12/29/16 04:47 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I wonder if the remnants of the Cotroni Di Maulo clan is also lumped with Desjardins Mirarchi. Then you have to consider the old De Vito crew and friends.

Old timers like Mucci and Vanelli could be part of any of those groups or against.

As for the remaining Sicilian loyalists, I think they'll continue to operate much like the cotroni clan did after the Rizzutos took over in the 80s.

I do not know if the Rizzuto clan will be ready to stop fighting. You have the likes of Liborio Cun trera, Leonardo Rizzuto, Calogero Renda, Stefano Solecito, Nicola Spagnolo & more;may want to avenge their father's deaths. There has been too much blood spilled.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903094
12/29/16 05:41 PM
12/29/16 05:41 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
You never know. People doubted Leonardo and his comparisons to Michael Corleone (his involvement) up until the day of the project MASTIF-MAGOT busts, then everybody was like "oh wow, no way". He could pull a Michael Corleone forreal and stage a miraculous comeback and save the family name. Highly unlikely, but one can dream.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903161
12/30/16 08:50 AM
12/30/16 08:50 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903166
12/30/16 09:47 AM
12/30/16 09:47 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/12...ien-hells-angel

Michel "the animal" Smith gets 10,000 dollar/month pension from the Hells Angels.

Friday, 30 December 2016 06:30
Update Friday, 30 December 2016 06:30
ERIC THIBAULT AND FÉLIX SÉGUIN

Le Journal de Montréal and Investigative Office

The Hells Angels have just awarded a golden pension to one of their most influential members in Quebec, who will receive a $ 10,000 monthly pension after 23 years of loyal service.
It is under this lucrative deal that Michel "L'Animal" Smith, a pillar of the South chapter, has decided to withdraw from the motorcycle gang in recent months, according to information obtained by our Investigative Bureau .André "Curly" Sauvageau, an ex-Rock Machine among the most powerful Hells in Montreal, would have been asked to pay him his monthly starting premium, based on receipts from the criminal activities of the club, according to our sources.
" A lot of money "
"It did not matter to many, in the club, to pay him such an amount. But it shows us that the Hells have a lot, a lot of money, "a source familiar with the case said.
Those who previously bore the name of Michel Lajoie-Smith withdrew from the band "with honor" - or in "good standing", in the jargon of the Hells.
Ironically, the 54-year-old ex-motorcyclist received his patches as a member in good standing on December 5, 1993, the same evening as Sylvain Boulanger, who became the "$ 3 million" informer of Operation SharQc and the enemy Juror of the gang.
With the Mafia
According to our information, Smith would have played a leading role in the narcotics market, even though he has never been convicted of drug trafficking.
According to court records Le Journal received a copy, Smith was presumably one of only two Hells at the executive table that the motorcyclists had formed with the Italian mafia to control the cocaine market in the Greater Montreal area, 2008.
According to information from the SQ and the RCMP, Smith led the sales territories west of the territory alongside some mafiosi, including m Raynald Desjardins, detained since 2011 for plotting the murder of the aspirant Godfather Salvatore Montagna.
However, no drug charges were laid against them.
Strategic expansion
The police believe Smith also sponsored the first chapter of the Hells Angels in Ecuador last spring. In March, it was observed in the capital of Quito at the party where the Devils Clowns officially joined the ranks of the Hells.
The establishment of a section in this country is strategic since Ecuador is one of the main places through which the cocaine produced by its neighbor, Colombia, transits, before being exported to North America, according to the CIA.
Smith had made numerous contacts in South America, having spent three years on the run in Panama following Operation SharQC in 2009.
Once extradited to Quebec, "L'Animal", also known as "Gros Mike," did well in court. After three years in pre-trial detention, he found himself guilty of conspiracy to murder on March 17, 2015. His murder charges were dropped and Smith was released from prison.
THEY KEEP AN EYE ON THEIR PENSIONERS
"You can not withdraw from the Hells Angels and not keep in touch with them. Because a certain moment, surely you're going to get yourself killed. Sure and certain."
This is at least the opinion of Dayle Fredette, who was a member of the Hells of the Quebec Chapter for 12 years - and who knew "Gros Mike" Smith while they were both held in Donnacona's maximum security penitentiary - Before returning his jacket and collaborating in Operation SharQc with the police.
Fredette told the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) in 2011 that retired members of the gang "on good terms" must nevertheless "keep in touch with the club all the time".
" A divorce "
Several of them even remained "business partners" with motorcyclists, especially in the narcotics trade, and continued to pay a percentage of their revenues to the band.
The other SharQc informer, Sylvain Boulanger, compared his retirement from the Hells to "a divorce".
"When it does not work, we leave or there are some who are helped to leave. I had to leave. [...] With a criminal organization like this, one must expect everything. You can never be sure of staying alive. And I went to see you to sleep better, "said Boulanger in one of the statements he delivered to the SQ and that Le Journal had access.

Last edited by Ciment; 12/30/16 09:53 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903173
12/30/16 11:28 AM
12/30/16 11:28 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Interesting article Ciment especially about the part that mentions Desjardins and the 2008 territory division between the hells and mafia.

Clearly the hells don't care who's in charge and were willing to work with Vito's rivals as early as 2008.

the same might be true today

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #903175
12/30/16 11:35 AM
12/30/16 11:35 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Hollander

The Italian prosecutors and media seem to always paint the picture as a Siderno Group vs Rizzuto clan when it comes to the last few years.

The article also mentions 14 Locali, which is quite a lot and if true, no wonder they calabrians have the power and influence to do as they wish.

Can someone correct me if I've read that one locale is made up of at least 30-40 members?

Best part in all of this blood and war is our inability to pinpoint one central figure within the GTA who could be the main culprit.

Also, the trail of blood has 99% been within Montreal

Last edited by eurodave; 12/30/16 11:40 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903178
12/30/16 01:02 PM
12/30/16 01:02 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The Italian prosecutors and media seem to always paint the picture as a Siderno Group vs Rizzuto clan when it comes to the last few years.

The article also mentions 14 Locali, which is quite a lot and if true, no wonder they calabrians have the power and influence to do as they wish.

Can someone correct me if I've read that one locale is made up of at least 30-40 members?

Best part in all of this blood and war is our inability to pinpoint one central figure within the GTA who could be the main culprit.

The only way I can see the Siderno group may be involved is via the Violi brothers.

Last edited by Hollander; 12/30/16 01:09 PM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903193
12/30/16 03:29 PM
12/30/16 03:29 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Interesting article Ciment especially about the part that mentions Desjardins and the 2008 territory division between the hells and mafia.

Clearly the hells don't care who's in charge and were willing to work with Vito's rivals as early as 2008.

the same might be true today

Most of the rivals if not all,had good relations with the HA. Desjardins had good relations with the exception of one Mom Boucher who was planning a hit from prison on him. Someone must of paid good money for this.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #903194
12/30/16 03:32 PM
12/30/16 03:32 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Yes you are correct,the Rizzuto clan received heavy casualties prior to his release & that is why some journalist thought it was the end; but much to everybody's surprise Vito Rizzuto made a comeback. Now that he is deceased I do not see anyone in the Rizzuto clan that could mount a second counter attack unless they receive help from outside sources. Arcadi does not have the same leadership capabilities that Vito had,as matter of fact he made things worse when he was in charge.

That's my point as well. I just think it's "too early" to post the Rizzuto's obituary.

I do not know if the Rizzuto clan will be ready to stop fighting. You have the likes of Liborio Cun trera, Leonardo Rizzuto, Calogero Renda, Stefano Solecito, Nicola Spagnolo & more;may want to avenge their father's deaths. There has been too much blood spilled.

Agreed and that's why I think they will continue the fighting. I just don't see all of them laying down.

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
You never know. People doubted Leonardo and his comparisons to Michael Corleone (his involvement) up until the day of the project MASTIF-MAGOT busts, then everybody was like "oh wow, no way". He could pull a Michael Corleone forreal and stage a miraculous comeback and save the family name. Highly unlikely, but one can dream.

I'm still eating crow on that one. I knew he was "involved" but I never thought he was in it deep enough to be the boss (or share it) at least to the point that the others would follow without trying to kill him.

Like you say though and I agree on, their comeback chances are against them but I'm not counting them out until they are dead or I am one lol

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903196
12/30/16 03:48 PM
12/30/16 03:48 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

The Italian prosecutors seem to be well informed compared to the Canadian RCMP.It was the Italian authorities that informed the RCMP that there were 9 locale in Toronto. Back then most medias & authorities reported there were 3 or 4. Now it seems they have grown to 14 in Canada. It would be interesting to know where the remaining 5 are located. Maybe they established some locale in Montreal ?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903204
12/30/16 04:52 PM
12/30/16 04:52 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

The Italian prosecutors seem to be well informed compared to the Canadian RCMP.It was the Italian authorities that informed the RCMP that there were 9 locale in Toronto. Back then most medias & authorities reported there were 3 or 4. Now it seems they have grown to 14 in Canada. It would be interesting to know where the remaining 5 are located. Maybe they established some locale in Montreal ?

14 x 20 members equals almost 300 Ndranghetisti...quite a bit if you ask me.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: dixiemafia] #903207
12/30/16 05:37 PM
12/30/16 05:37 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
A lot of interesting posts right now of the current situation and who's on who's side. Definitely reminds me of the 2009-2013 portion of the war when nobody really knew who was on what side. It later turned out that there were 2 groups against the Rizzuto's which sounds a lot like what we are seeing again now.

I saw Mucci's name mentioned a few posts ago with regards to playing a part with the old Cotroni group. It's interesting that his name was rarely mentioned in the bloody part of the war, but that one of his closest allies Moreno Gallo sided with the Montagna group, which of course was opposite of the old Cotroni group. I'm confused as to how he would be described... I've read where he was a part of the Cotroni clan, I've also heard that he was a lietenant of Moreno Gallo, or would he have his own clan?

It's been said before, but Arcadi and Del Baso could hold the balance of power. Not to say they would be able to take over, but they could make a deal with one of the groups to put one group solidly in front.

Does anyone have information on the following?
- Are Stefano Sollecito's 2 brothers involved in the mafia?
- Are Pietrantonio or the Arcuri brothers back involved? They were big pieces of Montagna's group

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #903210
12/30/16 07:18 PM
12/30/16 07:18 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy
A lot of interesting posts right now of the current situation and who's on who's side. Definitely reminds me of the 2009-2013 portion of the war when nobody really knew who was on what side. It later turned out that there were 2 groups against the Rizzuto's which sounds a lot like what we are seeing again now.

I saw Mucci's name mentioned a few posts ago with regards to playing a part with the old Cotroni group. It's interesting that his name was rarely mentioned in the bloody part of the war, but that one of his closest allies Moreno Gallo sided with the Montagna group, which of course was opposite of the old Cotroni group. I'm confused as to how he would be described... I've read where he was a part of the Cotroni clan, I've also heard that he was a lietenant of Moreno Gallo, or would he have his own clan?

It's been said before, but Arcadi and Del Baso could hold the balance of power. Not to say they would be able to take over, but they could make a deal with one of the groups to put one group solidly in front.

Does anyone have information on the following?
- Are Stefano Sollecito's 2 brothers involved in the mafia?
- Are Pietrantonio or the Arcuri brothers back involved? They were big pieces of Montagna's group

I believe Stefano's brothers are involved. There was mention of Mario when they seized guns and license plates and Giuseppe is mentioned in Mafia Inc.
I haven't heard much of the Arcuri's, they are laying low. Especially for having betrayed both the Rizzuto's and their rivals.
With regards with the old Cotroni clan it is hard to follow who is on what side because some jumped ship to Montagna, others remained with the Rizzuto clan and others became rivals to Rizzuto. Example, we found out about Gallo supporting Montagna because of the wiretaps. Callocchia stayed with Rizzuto, Desjardins decided to fight the Rizzuto's, the ones that remained neutral got whacked.So far I haven't read anything in the news that would identify what side Mucci and Vanelli are on. They both had an attempt on their lives.
In this Montreal feud you have Sicilians betraying Sicilians and Calabrese betraying Calabrese.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903211
12/30/16 07:35 PM
12/30/16 07:35 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
Thanks Ciment. I didn't realize there was an attempt on Mucci and Vanelli. How long ago was that?

Do you know any names that affiliate with Scoppa's group?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #903215
12/30/16 08:07 PM
12/30/16 08:07 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Thanks Ciment. I didn't realize there was an attempt on Mucci and Vanelli. How long ago was that?

Off the top of my head Andrew,Salvatore Scoppa: Tony Teoli, Bruno Romanelli,Mike Perna, Steve Bertrand; they have a very large crew. The Scoppa clan and Devito clan are associates.

Mucci was Dec. 2007
Vanelli was June 2,2016; they killed Angelo D'Onofrio by mistake

Last edited by Ciment; 12/30/16 08:09 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #903217
12/30/16 08:31 PM
12/30/16 08:31 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...ucci-libere.php

This article makes mention of Mucci's attempt on his life.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903219
12/30/16 08:50 PM
12/30/16 08:50 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
Thanks again Ciment. A couple interesting things from the article. Renaud mentions that Mucci is considered to run his own cell. The other thing, was that the attempt on his life was in 2007, which was prior to the instability.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903220
12/30/16 09:07 PM
12/30/16 09:07 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Vito was arrested in 2004. The instability started 2005.
Yes, Mucci has his own crew as mentioned in the news article.

Last edited by Ciment; 12/30/16 09:26 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903225
12/30/16 09:44 PM
12/30/16 09:44 PM
B
BronaZora Offline
Button
BronaZora  Offline
B
Button

Can someone explain to me how so many locales can exist in one area? As I understand it, a 'ndrine is basically a family, this family can have multiple cells or crews operating in different parts of the world, if there are other 'ndrine cells operating in the same area, they form a locale together, does that sound about right? If so, how can there be 14 locales in the GTA? That's like an infestation.

Last edited by BronaZora; 12/30/16 09:52 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903227
12/30/16 09:53 PM
12/30/16 09:53 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
The troubles for the Rizzuto clan didnt start immediately after Vito was put away. It started after Operation Coliseé, which was in 2006, where most of those guys were put away. And even then, the real instablity within the Montreal Mafia started with the death of Nicolo Jr. in '09. Dont know the reason why Mucci was shot in '07, couldve been involved, but cdn_wiseguy is right, Mucci's attempt was before all the real troubles began.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903232
12/30/16 10:20 PM
12/30/16 10:20 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

During the Charbonneau hearings in 2012 someone said Sicilian mobsters in Montreal used to make fun of Calabrian mobsters because of all their strange rules and slang.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #903236
12/30/16 10:34 PM
12/30/16 10:34 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

The troubles for the Rizzuto clan didnt start immediately after Vito was put away. It started after Operation Coliseé, which was in 2006, where most of those guys were put away. And even then, the real instablity within the Montreal Mafia started with the death of Nicolo Jr. in '09. Dont know the reason why Mucci was shot in '07, couldve been involved, but cdn_wiseguy is right, Mucci's attempt was before all the real troubles began.

Your facts are dead wrong. The instability started with the D'amico's (2005) with the kidnappings. It then progressed with the help of Sergio Piccirilli(2006) he was planning to kill N.Rizzuto but never got the green light from Toronto, and then Devito got into the picture, followed by Scoppa. D.Macri gets shot in 2006. Five from the Rizzuto clan get killed in 2007. This is the definition of instability in my books.

Last edited by Ciment; 12/30/16 10:35 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903237
12/30/16 10:38 PM
12/30/16 10:38 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Your facts are dead wrong. The instability started with the D'amico's (2005) with the kidnappings. It then progressed with the help of Sergio Piccirilli(2006) he was planning to kill N.Rizzuto but never got the green light from Toronto, and then Devito got into the picture, followed by Scoppa. D.Macri gets shot in 2006. Five from the Rizzuto clan get killed in 2007. This is the definition of instability in my books.

I think it started with Johnny Bertolo (2005) who was aligned with Desjardins.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #903238
12/30/16 10:47 PM
12/30/16 10:47 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Correct Hollander, there was also Mike Lapolla that got killed in Mar. 2005 & Bertolo was in Aug.2005. That is why I said it started in 2005.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903239
12/30/16 10:55 PM
12/30/16 10:55 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Correct Hollander, there was also Mike Lapolla that got killed in Mar. 2005 & Bertolo was in Aug.2005. That is why I said it started in 2005.

I forgot that one that made the Rizzutos pretty nervous about the Haitians.

Last edited by Hollander; 12/30/16 10:56 PM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #903241
12/30/16 11:19 PM
12/30/16 11:19 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
I think you guys are both right in what you are saying. There was a lot of instability after vito went away. But I don't think the direct attacks on the rizzuto's were right away.

I may be wrong, but there was always a lot of animosity from groups outside of vito's inner circle. Those on the outside just had to go along with whatever vito said. When vito went away a lot of the animosity that always existed started to show. It was the inability of the leadership group to extinguish those fires that demonstrated an opening. It's like when the parents are away, the kids test the baby sitter. If the baby sitter can't keep control, then all hell breaks loose. Nick sr wasn't very diplomatic and arcadi/del baso/giardano tried to deal with things (like granby) through force. When other groups saw the lack of ability on behalf of the Rizzuto leadership, they saw this as an opportunity. Then to compound the problem, project colisee happened. So it was wide open for the opposition groups.

I always thought the direct attack against the rizzuto's for actual control over montreal as a whole came when del peschio was murdered.

Page 26 of 155 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull