GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Captbony1999), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,153
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Turnbull] #900159
11/30/16 06:10 PM
11/30/16 06:10 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I was in Walmart the other day, and spotted a big (51 oz.) bottle whose label blared, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL--and it was only $5.45. I looked closer at the label and saw, in small letters above EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, "sunflower oil and..." The label on the back said, "80% sunflower oil, 20% extra virgin olive oil." What a fraud. mad

I buy extra virgin olive oil at Trader Joe's. They have a good selection of fine product at reasonable prices.

What a fraud, for sure!! It's a good thing you are a smart shopper and look at the labels. I also buy my olive oil at Trader Joe's. It's not like I can go down to an Italian market down the street like back east. I get the cold-pressed evo. But they didn't have the exact one I usually buy the last time I was in there. So, I had to buy the cold pressed olive oil that also had olives from Spain. Take a look at the bottles. If you do not read it carefully then you can buy something you don't want and get duped.

Comparison.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #900160
11/30/16 06:14 PM
11/30/16 06:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TB, I buy Bellucci and in smaller quantities since it loses alot of its flavor over time. I'm going to try a California brand one of these days.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #900161
11/30/16 06:16 PM
11/30/16 06:16 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Faithful1, I like The Habit too. Never had Five Guys. Is that like Two Guys in Jersey? lol
You live pretty close to me. Just over the hill and around the corner. There is one place I ABSOLUTELY LOVE over by you. It's on Santiago Blvd. The place is called Rockwell's and let me tell you, they have thee BEST cakes. Chocolate curl cakes they sell with the Venetian cream and strawberries are soooooo GOOD. My mouth is watering just thinking about it grin They have good food too but I go there for the bakery. Have you ever been there?

I wonder if deep dish pizza is good here, is it? I'm a thin crust pizza lover so I wouldn't know.

Don't worry about those few pounds. Just think of all that good food you'll be missing out on lol

Two Guys in Jersey where the food is so good that no one ever complains about it...or else!

Five Guys is a chain that's growing and they have really good burgers. I know there's one on Tustin and Katella in Orange, and others in Fullerton, Tustin, Brea and Huntington Beach. None in Anaheim Hills or Yorba Linda yet.

Haven't been to Rockwell's, but I've passed it by several times. It's in the Ralph's shopping center. I'll have to think about it. I'm not as into sweets as I am into meat, and I've been holding off on the meat.

For Chicago-style pizza, Rance's in Costa Mesa was really good. There's also Tony's Little Italy in Placentia.

Have you been Barolo Italian Cafe on Newport Avenue in Tustin? It was supposed to have been the place where L.A. mob guys hung out in the 1990s or so. Real authentic Italian food.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Faithful1] #900181
11/30/16 08:13 PM
11/30/16 08:13 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Lol That joke you made about two guys was pretty funny. Two Guys was a discount store in Jersey. (Two Guys from Harrison) My Dad would always make jokes about that store.

If you're not that into sweets then maybe you should skip Rockwell's.

Some of the food trucks have really good burgers. I wish I could remember the name of the one I liked. I think it was Monster Burger. They'd all park at the high school lot every Thursday to compete.

Red Robin had a tasty burger my girlfriend and I split. It was so delicious that we wished we had ordered our own. Farmer Boys burgers are good. And their fried zucchini are just perfect.

Rance's Pizza-- That's right I keep forgetting to go to Rance's to try it out. I'm hardly ever down in south county.

I don't think I've ever been to Barolo's. We used to go to De Luca's in Whittier back in the 90's.

And so far with my carrot, sweet potato, and olive oil experiment, I notice that my skin looks healthier and feels much smoother. But my eyesight is the same lol

I can talk about food all day long lol

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #900184
11/30/16 08:26 PM
11/30/16 08:26 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
AG,

that side by side picture you put up is great. I GUARANTEE that countless fights/arguments were caused by that deceptive labeling

wife" why didn't you pick up the stuff I asked for?"

husband "what are you talking about?..I wrote it down...extra virgin olive oil FROM Italy, so there...leave me alone"

lol

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #900186
11/30/16 08:34 PM
11/30/16 08:34 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
F1,

Have you been able to maintain the vegan lifestyle this holiday season? The reason I ask is, had a buddy who was diagnosed with diabetes so whenever we all went over to see him...we'd bring over food that he could eat and eat along with him. Just to show that support.

Now, it's unreasonable to expect people to do that for family holiday meals. So,did you have to fix a special plate at Thanksgiving?

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #900189
11/30/16 08:38 PM
11/30/16 08:38 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
lol lol Gets. Definitely can start up an argument, that's for sure. The labels are so misleading.

The other day I picked up orange juice. I didn't notice that it said High Pulp. So when I started drinking it I got a mouthful of pulp lol lol just like Grandma used to make. Nobody wanted to drink it so I just strained it and it's good as new. I put masking tape over the high pulp part and said I bought a new one lmao and everybody's drinking it. shhh

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #900191
11/30/16 08:51 PM
11/30/16 08:51 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
AG,

You gave your family the Pepsi Challenge for Orange Juice.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #900265
12/01/16 03:59 PM
12/01/16 03:59 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
F1,

Have you been able to maintain the vegan lifestyle this holiday season? The reason I ask is, had a buddy who was diagnosed with diabetes so whenever we all went over to see him...we'd bring over food that he could eat and eat along with him. Just to show that support.

Now, it's unreasonable to expect people to do that for family holiday meals. So,did you have to fix a special plate at Thanksgiving?

My wife made me a special plate LOL. There were a couple times I did eat something with meat in it because of circumstances. Going out is hard because without the meat and dairy there's really nothing there. One place I can do is Chipotle. I usually get black bean and brown rice burritos with avocado. Flame Broiler is doable too. (Don't know if they have these in the rest of the country.)

I do get cravings for Carls Jr and In-N-Out sometimes, but despite their awesome flavor, there's a feeling I get after I eat their burgers that isn't good. My skin will feel greasy and will feel sort of run down despite enjoying the flavors. If I go to Subway and get a breakfast flat bread sandwich with egg whites and no cheese I don't get that feeling of being run down.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Faithful1] #900326
12/01/16 11:19 PM
12/01/16 11:19 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
F1,

The important thing is sticking to it. The occasional meat or dairy isn't a problem because you're not on a diet, you've changed your eating habits for the long term.

There are a handful of Chipotles out here and tons of Tex-Mex types of places. Person can eat very healthy for little money at these places.

Find out if any of the burger joints out there have Mushroom burgers...if prepared well...they taste pretty good.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #900412
12/02/16 08:46 PM
12/02/16 08:46 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Gets,

Yes, it's more of a lifestyle. One of the problems with those mushroom burgers is that they may cook them in oil or butter, which defeats the purpose. It has to be vegan style, which is harder to find. There are some vegan places out there, but they're usually way overpriced. If I go to Subway and want it without the bread, they charge $1.75 more! They charge you more money for less food! At least at In-N-Out they charge you less if you skip the bun and eat it protein style. So that's the kind of thing we run into. It's worth it in the long run, but basically you have to prepare your food early.

If you want snack food you can cut up some apples, seedless grapes, celery, broccoli, cauliflower and/or carrots mixed with some nuts and put it in a bowl, but it has to be eaten within a few days before it rots. Dried fruit works too, but a lot of the dried fruit in the markets are sugared, and even on the dried fruit without sugar they are calorie heavy. A lot of trial and error, so maybe I'll come up with something else in the future.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #900433
12/03/16 12:00 AM
12/03/16 12:00 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
lol lol Gets.

Faithful1, years ago I used to eat at a place in Fullerton called Skinny Haven. Too bad it closed. Ever eat there? They had very healthy entrées. Have you eaten at Rutabegorz? They have a pretty decent selection for vegetarians. There's a place called Mead's Green Door cafe that caters to vegans. Do you know about that place, it's in Orange.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #900442
12/03/16 12:52 AM
12/03/16 12:52 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
AG,

I remember Skinny Haven. Haven't heard that name in years. I may have gone there once or twice, but since until recently I lived in the Huntington Beach area I didn't make over there much. I've heard of Rutabegorz, but not eaten there, same with Mead's. A place I really enjoyed was Greenleaf Gourmet Chopshop at the SOCO mall in Costa Mesa. The food and atmosphere were both great. If you're ever out there it's worth a stop.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Faithful1] #900446
12/03/16 01:07 AM
12/03/16 01:07 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
I was so sorry to see Skinny Haven close. Rutabegorz is a little bland imo. But I haven't been there in about two years so maybe they spiced up their menu a bit. I'll have to try the place in Costa Mesa you mentioned.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #907641
02/27/17 09:49 PM
02/27/17 09:49 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Not to sidetrack the thread but continuing the non gmo vegan health discssion, I recently got new vitamins. Some people are for vitamins some arent so of you are these are vegan organic non gmo gluten free whole food with no fillers

https://www.gardenoflife.com/content/pro...-mens-multi-40/

Dude,

Just finished the 2 month supply. Definitely a thumbs up.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #907668
02/28/17 07:01 AM
02/28/17 07:01 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Gets,

Glad to hear you liked them

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #908732
03/15/17 03:17 PM
03/15/17 03:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I use Berlucci's. I buy a small amount so that I can use it up in a timely manner.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #917007
07/14/17 07:55 PM
07/14/17 07:55 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Dude,
Some people dilute the liquid soap. There's a whole community of DrBronner's users out there with tips,recommendations,etc. If you skin feels dry, might want to see what the Bronner's army says about dilution ratios.

How is the Tom's deodorant? I had the same concerns about the natural deodorants that I first had about the bleach alternatives, that they wouldn't be strong enough.

I use the Arm&Hammer deodorant...which is a halfway step towards using fully natural deodorants. I know you work out, so if the Tom's holds up to an active guy, I think I'm gonna load up during the holiday season sales.

Been a while but Dr. Bronner is always in my house now, I have been using it to make my own body wash, using this recipeso thanks for the recommendation Gets.

In regards to deodorant, I have been using Sams Natural for the last 2 months, which works better than Toms of Maine in regards to lasting scent

@ F1

How is your vegan or vegetarian diet going and how is being a grandfather treating you?

Been strongly thinking about giving up meat and dairy entirely.

Just food for thought for anyone else pondering the idea http://plantbasedonabudget.com/

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: thedudeabides87] #917097
07/18/17 03:06 AM
07/18/17 03:06 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Thanks for the recipe,Dude.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #1050650
02/07/23 06:38 PM
02/07/23 06:38 PM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Online content
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Online Content
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
I know it's an old thread, but Health never sleeps!!!

I recommend for Heart/Circulation Health Black Elderberry Gummies...

Attached Files Kroger Black Elderberry.JPG

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull