GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,153
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 155 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: m2w] #897382
10/31/16 04:12 PM
10/31/16 04:12 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: m2w
Originally Posted By: Hollander
I don't think it's that black and white Arcadi for example has always been a Rizzuto guy, but is very close to 'ndrangheta could be even a member back in Calabria.

it's right that the so-called sicilian and calabrian factions are mixep up with even not-italians, but as i said the sicilians are supported by the caruana-c untrera's and the calabrians by gta ndrangheta... the alliance beteween caruana- c untrera's and ndrangheta broke after the murdr of agostino cun trera and the murders of moreno gallo, verduci and calautti are sure carried out by the caruana- c untrera's

The book "Business or Blood" page 144 contradicts your statement.

Business or Blood quotes:

"What the surveillance officers saw immediately after the funeral visitation might have shocked even Vito. Stalteri's mourners climbed onto a chartered bus and rode off to the anniversary reception for the [BadWord]. How could this be possible ? Weren't they mortal,blood enemies?
And yet it was clearly happening. Members of both the Sicilian and Calabrian factions of Canadian organized crime, including reps. from Hamilton,York Region,Ottawa,Montreal and Sherbrooke,Quebec, were breaking bread together as if they were on some mob version of homecoming week."

The author further down the page writes' quote:
"It was unthinkable, but it was happening right in front of the intelligence officers. What police witnessed was bonding between the Ontario Sicilians and the Ndrangheta, less than seven months after the murders of Agostino [BadWord] and his bodyguard in Montreal, and two months after the murder of Nicolo. It had been widely assumed that the Sicilians and the Calabrians mobsters were at war in, Montreal but that was clearly not the case in Toronto."

The author had more to say on this subject but you get the message.

Police intelligence picked up conversations and Verduci killing was a thing between Calabrians. Calautti owed money and had many enemies, hard to pinpoint if it was ordered by Rizzuto or the Ontario Ndrangheta.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897384
10/31/16 04:34 PM
10/31/16 04:34 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Yes Climent I remember antimafia posting about that golden wedding anniversary in Vaughan, but we didn't know at the time it was that of Paolo Cun trera.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897425
11/01/16 08:01 AM
11/01/16 08:01 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/10...e-de-sa-voiture

The body of Steven Constantinou found in trunk of a car.

MONTREAL - The body of a man found in the trunk of a car Monday morning in Saint-Leonard area, Montreal, would be that of Steven Constantinou, a man linked to the Montreal Mafia missing for three weeks QMI Agency has learned.
The investigation into the disappearance of the young man of 22 years is now a murder.
It is not known yet how the victim was murdered and how long the crime was committed.

Earlier this month, the Montreal police had issued a notice of disappearance concerning Constantinou and asking the public's help to find him.
The body was discovered in the trunk of a black Dodge Caliber parked on Avenue Paul-Émile-Lamarche near the rue du Creusot. This is the same car with which Constantinou had left his home in the borough of LaSalle, October 8. He then mentioned his family that he was going out shopping, but he never returned home. He was never seen alive either.

Reached by telephone QMI Agency, the young man's mother was inconsolable. She would not react to the murder of his son. "I'm sorry, but that's not the right time to talk," she breathed, the faint voice.
Reportedly, Steven Constantinou would have already had business ties with Giuseppe "Closure" Colapelle, a major drug importer related to Italian organized crime. Colapelle was shot in March 2012 while he was in his vehicle parked in the parking lot of the bar Beaches, in the Saint-Leonard neighborhood.
Connections to larger sizes
According to our sources, Steven Constantinou also had links with two heavyweights of the Montreal Mafia, or Marco Pizzi and Liborio "Poncho" [BadWord]. These have both been pinned in May as part of a major police operation of the RCMP against the Montreal Mafia.
The murder of Steven Constantinou is the 18th to take place in Montreal since the beginning of the year. No arrests have yet been made in connection with this crime.

Last edited by Ciment; 11/01/16 08:07 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #897432
11/01/16 09:17 AM
11/01/16 09:17 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
^^^^
The vehicle was found close to Ital Gelati, owned by the Arcuri family. Is there any significance?

https://goo.gl/maps/Qs8DFBS45iC2

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897438
11/01/16 11:04 AM
11/01/16 11:04 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: antimafia
^^^^
The vehicle was found close to Ital Gelati, owned by the Arcuri family. Is there any significance?

https://goo.gl/maps/Qs8DFBS45iC2

Possible but unlikely...it's also within walking distance of Cun-trera's food business. Hard to say why there

This young man was also good friends with Campellone, murdered last year.

Something is definetely going on if young aspiring men are getting clipped. It was quite uncommon before Operation Colisee to see young mid-level guys get whacked.

Last edited by eurodave; 11/01/16 11:18 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897457
11/01/16 03:35 PM
11/01/16 03:35 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

For them to leave the car within walking distance is definitely
a message.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #897459
11/01/16 05:19 PM
11/01/16 05:19 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
^^^^
So 240 m (787 ft.) from Ital Gelati, and 400 m (1,312 ft.) from Distribution John & Dino.

That area sure has seen some significant mob-related crime in the last few years. There was also that firebombing of Garage Car-Pro, right beside Ital-Gelati, in 2012--"collateral damage" is what the media called it.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897460
11/01/16 05:24 PM
11/01/16 05:24 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

This guy has been missing since Oct. 8, 2016. I wonder why it took the cops that long to find the car ?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #897465
11/01/16 08:32 PM
11/01/16 08:32 PM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@Climent

Great catch there, I saw that post and remembered the paragraph in Business or Blood, that you just posted but I couldn't remember exactly where in the book it was. Great point there.

I had a little bit of a frustrating convo in another thread, ( I still love you Alfa lol) I actually think the CC clan were the real controllers of the Rizzutos, not really the Bonnanos. I also believe that they are so important to European OC, and the European drug trade in general, that they are TOO BIG to deal with one mafia, or one city, or even one continent.

I I asked before, where the CC clan fits in as far as the power structure today. I know there was a list of Bosses posted, the Scoppas, Dejardins, and a [BadWord]-Ra? Or is it a Caruana? I gotta check again....

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897490
11/02/16 07:00 AM
11/02/16 07:00 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen

I actually think the CC clan were the real controllers of the Rizzutos, not really the Bonnanos. I also believe that they are so important to European OC, and the European drug trade in general, that they are TOO BIG to deal with one mafia, or one city, or even one continent.

That's right. Alfonso Caruana will be out in about 36 months I think, he planned to return to Canada. I'm sure he has still the support of the 'ndrangheta.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897507
11/02/16 03:18 PM
11/02/16 03:18 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

@Climent

Great catch there, I saw that post and remembered the paragraph in Business or Blood, that you just posted but I couldn't remember exactly where in the book it was. Great point there.

I had a little bit of a frustrating convo in another thread, ( I still love you Alfa lol) I actually think the CC clan were the real controllers of the Rizzutos, not really the Bonnanos. I also believe that they are so important to European OC, and the European drug trade in general, that they are TOO BIG to deal with one mafia, or one city, or even one continent.

I I asked before, where the CC clan fits in as far as the power structure today. I know there was a list of Bosses posted, the Scoppas, Dejardins, and a [BadWord]-Ra? Or is it a Caruana? I gotta check again....

In my opinion the Caruana/Cun trera clan are very influential and wealthy. As you already know,their interest is more in drug import/export and money laundering. With the exception of their cousin Agostino & son who decided to join the ranks in Montreal,they are more in building drug trading alliances with other OC clans worldwide. I believe Rizzuto's success was build on that alliance he had with the Caruana/Cun trera clan.I think the Rizzuto's needed them more than the other way around.
With regards to the Bonnano's and again it is my opinion, the Rizzuto's used the LCN to serve their own purpose, their true loyalty lie with their own Sicilian clan at home and abroad.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897508
11/02/16 03:29 PM
11/02/16 03:29 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2016/10/03/lankan-scapegoats-of-global-drug-trafficking-mafia/

Cabrini, I know it's a little off topic but I came across this article that I find may interest you,seeing that you like to comment on how drugs are being shipped.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #897510
11/02/16 04:09 PM
11/02/16 04:09 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment
http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2016/10/03/lankan-scapegoats-of-global-drug-trafficking-mafia/

Cabrini, I know it's a little off topic but I came across this article that I find may interest you,seeing that you like to comment on how drugs are being shipped.

Very interesting article, thanks Ciment..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #897541
11/03/16 10:12 AM
11/03/16 10:12 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
@Climent

In my opinion the Caruana/Cun trera clan are very influential and wealthy. As you already know,their interest is more in drug import/export and money laundering. With the exception of their cousin Agostino & son who decided to join the ranks in Montreal,they are more in building drug trading alliances with other OC clans worldwide. I believe Rizzuto's success was build on that alliance he had with the Caruana/Cun trera clan.I think the Rizzuto's needed them more than the other way around.
With regards to the Bonnano's and again it is my opinion, the Rizzuto's used the LCN to serve their own purpose, their true loyalty lie with their own Sicilian clan at home and abroad.

Although I'm sure still influential, I personally think their role and influenced has diminished over the last 15 years or so.

Recent investigations in Italy continually show how Catania and Palermo families get their coke from the Calabrians. This pattern seem to replicate itself in parts of NYC so why wouldn't it happen here in Canada?

The Ndrangheta is moving tons of blow around the globe daily, on behalf of and for other organizations as well.

Last edited by eurodave; 11/03/16 10:15 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897545
11/03/16 11:36 AM
11/03/16 11:36 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@eurodave

I'm sure you are correct there. It's something I noticed a long time ago. Sinaloa over here, Ndrangheta over there, plus Ontario. Add in the Calabrian infiltration of places like Milan, Germany and they have their own laundering networks as well.

I just notice a lot of guys seem to want to follow who got killed. What faction, how many soldiers, what rank. I just follow the drugs, it leads RIGHT to who's really in charge. Everything else is a realignment of business interest in regards to whomever is controlling the flow of narcotics. That's where the power is. Who has the connect, who can get it from here to there, who can distribute it. Figure those out, and the rank and all that sorts itself out... That's my take on it anyway..

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 11/03/16 11:36 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897546
11/03/16 11:41 AM
11/03/16 11:41 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ciment

Great find on that article, I read a little on how the Calabrian clans work the docks there. I was surprised to find out there was no like central control mechanism like a union. It's just the dock is so vast and under policed that they just " Rob" the contraband before anyone can be any wiser. It's kinda "Democratized" any clan can create contacts at the docks from what I could gather.

It gives more insight to the NY operations, with Calabrian families setting up routes outside the Siderno groups operations. Sending it to their own contacts at the docks on the other end.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #897556
11/03/16 02:57 PM
11/03/16 02:57 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: eurodave
@Climent

Although I'm sure still influential, I personally think their role and influenced has diminished over the last 15 years or so.

Recent investigations in Italy continually show how Catania and Palermo families get their coke from the Calabrians. This pattern seem to replicate itself in parts of NYC so why wouldn't it happen here in Canada?

The Ndrangheta is moving tons of blow around the globe daily, on behalf of and for other organizations as well.

I agree with you Eurodave, I was in no way comparing them with the Ndrangheta, I was comparing Caruana/Cun trera with the Rizzuto's in reference to Cabrini's post. I understood the CC clan as being Caruana/Cun trera unless I misunderstood what CC clan stands for.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #897569
11/03/16 05:43 PM
11/03/16 05:43 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Cosa Nostra is still recovering from it's war against the italian state, but Provenzano as well as Messina Denaro have brought them back on the international level. Younger guys like Big Joe Cun trera will benefit from that. I send you a pm Dave.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897600
11/04/16 02:21 AM
11/04/16 02:21 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I see the CC clan as like, the Colombia to the Calabrians Mexico. The predecessors and their inheritors. As far as the European and Canadian markets are concerned.

Maybe you guys can shed some light, WHEN exactly did Ndrangheta become dominant in the cocaine trade? It seems to have been a gradual thing... Any idea on what years this takeover became complete? I'm thinking between like 2000-2010? Somewhere in there?

Any thoughts?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897622
11/04/16 10:20 AM
11/04/16 10:20 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
I see the CC clan as like, the Colombia to the Calabrians Mexico. The predecessors and their inheritors. As far as the European and Canadian markets are concerned.

Maybe you guys can shed some light, WHEN exactly did Ndrangheta become dominant in the cocaine trade? It seems to have been a gradual thing... Any idea on what years this takeover became complete? I'm thinking between like 2000-2010? Somewhere in there?

Any thoughts?

I recall reading news back in 2005 or 2006 not only about the 'ndrangheta's dominance in the European cocaine market but also the 'ndrangheta's having eclipsed the Sicilian Costa Nostra as Italy's largest criminal group.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897624
11/04/16 10:36 AM
11/04/16 10:36 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

In the late 1990's.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #897629
11/04/16 11:02 AM
11/04/16 11:02 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Any thoughts?

It seems the Cosa Nostra clans starting losing some clout in the mid to late 90's. At that time or before, Calabrian clans from all over Reggio were buying or importing blow via their Sicilian contacts while establishing their own routes. Aynone remember the 94' bust from the CC clan in Torino? That load was destined to Cosa Nostra and Ndrangheta consortium.

By the late 90's, they had established themselves well in Latin America and began brokering for ndrine all over the world and also for Sicilians and Neapolitans.

Their rise to prominance most likely began early 2000's and due to their secrecy and lack of informants, the organization prospered. It seems they've consolidated their power the most in the last 10 years in North America, mainly the Toronto-NYC-Montreal mafia trifecta, eclipsing on an import-export base, the traditional LCN routes.

What I find intriguing is how the calabrians operate below the radar, functioning on a cartel model, buying and moving huge quantities of blow around the globe in groups, therefore making it harder to pinpoint one specific leader, where as many knew for years that Vito and the CC were the go to guys for Montreal and transplanted Sicilians.

Who truly leads the GTA families? who calls the shots? is it back home?

Also worthy of mention is an anecdote in the book the sixth family which revealed intercepted conversations between Vito and Zappia about the potential bridge scheme between continent and Sicily. In this convo, Zappia states that both parties need to be happy and how the Calabrians are stronger, more organized and have better political contacts. This was 2003-2004

" PerchĂ© lì si deve fare il ponte tenendo contenti tutti quelli della Sicilia, la gang, capisci? In questo affare c’è moneta per loro. Ti dico un’altra cosa: è che c’è un lato la mafia, la Sicilia. Di quell’altro posto c’è la ‘ndrangheta. La ‘ndrangheta calabrese è piĂ¹ forte della cosa siciliana, sì, basata su attivitĂ  di costruzione e di attivitĂ  anche di influenza politica. Sono piĂ¹ organizzati i calabresi che i siciliani. Allora la ‘ndrangheta è piĂ¹ forte della mafia>>.

Last edited by eurodave; 11/04/16 11:55 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #897633
11/04/16 12:50 PM
11/04/16 12:50 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Also worthy of mention is an anecdote in the book the sixth family which revealed intercepted conversations between Vito and Zappia about the potential bridge scheme between continent and Sicily. In this convo, Zappia states that both parties need to be happy and how the Calabrians are stronger, more organized and have better political contacts. This was 2003-2004

" PerchĂ© lì si deve fare il ponte tenendo contenti tutti quelli della Sicilia, la gang, capisci? In questo affare c’è moneta per loro. Ti dico un’altra cosa: è che c’è un lato la mafia, la Sicilia. Di quell’altro posto c’è la ‘ndrangheta. La ‘ndrangheta calabrese è piĂ¹ forte della cosa siciliana, sì, basata su attivitĂ  di costruzione e di attivitĂ  anche di influenza politica. Sono piĂ¹ organizzati i calabresi che i siciliani. Allora la ‘ndrangheta è piĂ¹ forte della mafia>>.

Dave, the Italian quote above is an excerpt of a phone conversation between Giuseppe Zappia and Filippo Ranieri. The excerpt does not appear in either English or Italian in the three English-language editions of The Sixth Family, but that quote and the larger excerpt were indeed widely reported in the Italian media.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897637
11/04/16 01:13 PM
11/04/16 01:13 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Dave, the Italian quote above is an excerpt of a phone conversation between Giuseppe Zappia and Filippo Ranieri. The excerpt does not appear in either English or Italian in the three English-language editions of The Sixth Family, but that quote and the larger excerpt were indeed widely reported in the Italian media.

My bad, it was from Italian law enforcement.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #897643
11/04/16 01:24 PM
11/04/16 01:24 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Who truly leads the GTA families? who calls the shots? is it back home?

I think so, they all report directly to bosses in Calabria and profits are funnelled back to the mother organisation.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #897661
11/04/16 03:07 PM
11/04/16 03:07 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
I gotta confirm, Sinatra Club called that Scoppa thing forever ago, before it came out in the papers, I was quite impressed frankly lol

Nothing has come out in the papers about the Scoppa brothers yet. It's only speculation.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...s-policiers.php

For the record the Scoppa's were mentioned in various articles dating back over a decade. The one I posted above dates Oct. 14 2014. Daniel Renaud has been writing about them for years. This pre-dates claims by a certain individual on these posts, that said he called it months ago.
Eurodave is correct he was an associate of Gallo at one time, they do carry weight. They were neutral at first when the war began but now considered rivals.
They are Calabrian. Some of his associates were/are DeVito (Calabrian), Piccirilli(Calabrian),Mirarchi(Calabrian).They all have close ties with the bikers MC (Cazzetta). Most of them made trips to Ontario. If you connect the dots you get the big picture.

For the record, no. Because I was specifically referring to the Scoppa's & their involvement in recent going ons, not just bringing them up for the sake of conversating about them, which is what Cabrini is saying. And Sonny Black is right, nothing ever came out in the papers about them being involved, other than the article that's been linked which mentions the both of them possibly being a part of the new "Montreal Mafia consortium" or whatever you want to call it. Which along with personal research, is what I used to base my theory that they COULD be one of the parties behind all of this.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #897680
11/04/16 05:44 PM
11/04/16 05:44 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
I gotta confirm, Sinatra Club called that Scoppa thing forever ago, before it came out in the papers, I was quite impressed frankly lol

Nothing has come out in the papers about the Scoppa brothers yet. It's only speculation.

For the record the Scoppa's were mentioned in various articles dating back over a decade. The one I posted above dates Oct. 14 2014. Daniel Renaud has been writing about them for years. This pre-dates claims by a certain individual on these posts, that said he called it months ago.
Eurodave is correct he was an associate of Gallo at one time, they do carry weight. They were neutral at first when the war began but now considered rivals.
They are Calabrian. Some of his associates were/are DeVito (Calabrian), Piccirilli(Calabrian),Mirarchi(Calabrian).They all have close ties with the bikers MC (Cazzetta). Most of them made trips to Ontario. If you connect the dots you get the big picture.

For the record, no. Because I was specifically referring to the Scoppa's & their involvement in recent going ons, not just bringing them up for the sake of conversating about them, which is what Cabrini is saying. And Sonny Black is right, nothing ever came out in the papers about them being involved, other than the article that's been linked which mentions the both of them possibly being a part of the new "Montreal Mafia consortium" or whatever you want to call it. Which along with personal research, is what I used to base my theory that they COULD be one of the parties behind all of this.

When you brought him up then, I told you that I had read about him before. Daniel Renaud has written about him in the the Journal de Montreal and Daniel also wrote about him while working at LaPresse.

Last edited by Ciment; 11/04/16 05:55 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #897699
11/04/16 11:04 PM
11/04/16 11:04 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Furthermore, since you mention Sonny Black and Cabrini. Unlike you, I can dialogue with them. They don't pretend to know everything. They are not condescending.It is okay to disagree and respect each other. You seem to get along with them but for some reason we do not see eye to eye.
I know we started on the wrong footage prior to this Scoppa thing and I am willing to extend an olive branch; provided that we start anew with mutual respect. It's your call.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897710
11/05/16 06:32 AM
11/05/16 06:32 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Any thoughts?

I recall reading news back in 2005 or 2006 not only about the 'ndrangheta's dominance in the European cocaine market but also the 'ndrangheta's having eclipsed the Sicilian Costa Nostra as Italy's largest criminal group.

You only have to look at all the police operations and trials in Italy the 'Ndrangheta is everywhere. Cosa Nostra only in Sicily, Milan and Rome. I send you a PM.

Last edited by Hollander; 11/05/16 06:59 AM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #897711
11/05/16 07:17 AM
11/05/16 07:17 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ eurodave

I do remember that bust, the 5000 plus kilo one right? It's what really caught my eye as far as the Italians and the worldwide narcotic routes. That was in like 94, by the 2000s, the Mexicans were the only ones capable of such loads to the US.

And then I'm reading about the Calabrian dominance in Europe. Then I read about how they are dominant in Toronto. Then you read about the demise of Sicily. The Rizzutos being kinda cut off from NY, to me, it looked like they really only controlled Montreal. And that was based on a dominance in the Narcotics routes. So to me the writing was on the wall, that they sooner or later were going to be eclipsed by the Calabrians.

But a lot of guys STILL believe their strenghth was based on the number of Made guys or whatever. I say follow the connects and routes, see who's at the end of them. It leads to the power....

Page 16 of 155 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull