GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Captbony1999), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,153
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 155 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #895765
10/06/16 05:18 PM
10/06/16 05:18 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I agree with you.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895768
10/06/16 05:52 PM
10/06/16 05:52 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

It is not the translation of the full article. I only took the part that Mentions the Mafia and Ndrangheta:

The Mafia

While the Hells awaiting trial behind bars, Montreal Sicilian Mafia, once at the top of the criminal food chain in the province, was out routed. Incendiary bombs, killings, and reports of infighting had become almost weekly thing.
In the background, we witnessed the violent decline of the Rizzuto family and speculation about who might usurp its central role in the drug trade in the province.
For decades, the Hells have been a drug trafficking engine in Quebec, dealing with distribution throughout the province, while the Mafia was responsible for the import.
André Cédilot is a journalist and expert on organized crime that covers the criminal world in Quebec for over 40 years.
"Before the operation SharQc, the Hells Angels were at the head of the drug market with the Sicilian Mafia," said he told VICE. "The Mafia was responsible for import and Hells Angels were distributors. Internationally, the Mafia has a better reputation than the Hells Angels because the Colombians do not trust the Hells Angels, but they trust the Mafia. "
But now Cédilot said he sees a new alliance between the Hells Angels and the Calabrian Ndrangheta established in Ontario - a tectonic movement after four decades of Sicilian domination. "The Rizzuto family, I believe, is no longer the party," he said. "They do not have control right now, I can tell you that. The Calabrian have control now. "

The Ndrangheta

Following the decline of the Sicilian Mafia after years of infighting and arrests , the Calabrian mobsters of Ontario were able to settle in Montreal. But the Calabrians do not have the local connections or distribution networks but the Hells Angels do.The recent release of high-ranking Hells from prison couldn’t come at a better time for them and for criminal families from Ontario.
"The 'Ndrangheta of Ontario will have an influence in Montreal, much more than the Sicilians have now. It's a new partnership, "according Cédilot. "It is not yet in force, but I can tell you that it is preparing. "
Antonio Nicaso agrees. Nicaso is a professor and author of over 30 books on organized crime, including money or honor: the ultimate battle of Vito Rizzuto."When the Sicilians were in power [the 'Ndrangheta] never had the opportunity to settle in Montreal," he recounts. "It could be an opportunity for the Ndrangheta to form a strategic alliance with a local player. I believe that in future we will see a completely different picture emerge in the world of crime. "
"But there is also a huge opportunity for the biker group," he added. "The Hells Angels want to step it up," he said. "They want to be in direct contact with producers in Colombia, Peru and Bolivia. "
The possibility of an alliance Hells Angels-Ndrangheta, which remains to be confirmed, is a possibility that the SQ is conscious. "It's one of the theories that we contemplate," said Captain Guy Lapointe, adding that the SQ can not say more at the moment, since it does not comment on intelligence or investigations In progress.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #895770
10/06/16 06:26 PM
10/06/16 06:26 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: Ciment
If all this is true, I don't believe it will change anything for the west end. Provided they cooperate with the new people.

Considering the ties between incarcerated West End leader Raymond Desfossés and the bikers that will probably be the case.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895778
10/06/16 07:49 PM
10/06/16 07:49 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895791
10/07/16 12:20 AM
10/07/16 12:20 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Ndrangheta has had the upper hand for awhile now, it's about who controls the connects, NOT MANPOWER.

Not the number of " MADE GUYS " or 500 associates. None of the associates or so called made guys have the connects that Ndrangheta have. The only one with the contacts and respect like that was Vito, which is why the strength died with him. All these guys are going to make deals with the new regime, take it to the bank...

I mean look at the post that was translated. Awhile back a guy made a post about the bikers in Canada, saying they were a power in Montreal or something. I said that if they made their own direct connect, they technically wouldn't even need the mafia. Now I didn't think the Colombians would deal with em, as they have long standing trust with Italians, but the Mexicans, I could see that.

It makes total sense that the Hells would want their own direct connect, that's what enables you to call shots. Look at all the manpower the Bikers had, and all the violence they were capable of. It got em to the table, but not the head seat.

The guy predicting this, or whatever, he's smart. I predicted this and I don't even follow Canada like that. I keep up with the drug trade, and if you got Mexicans everywhere in the US (exception NY, where the Dominicans have dominance, because the Colombians literally have to ship coke through their country, plus their neighborhood in NY hasn't gentrified yet that I know of) and Calabrians everywhere in Europe. Both these groups power is directly proportional to their ability to move narcotics across continents.

Now why did the Rizzutos take over? Drugs, they were the top Italian narcotics guys after the Gambino/Bonnano pizza connection unraveled. Vito going to jail in a US prison gave other groups time to make new connections, kinda like Galantes 12 year bid took him to far out of the loop. Those 12 years were the years Nicolo built his power, same way Vito's ten years away gave the Calabrians an opening to make moves.

Once the Caruana- Cun-Trera clan threw in with the Calabrians, the Rizzutos had serious problems. ( I see them as the Ochoas to the Rizzutos Escobar, I think they are the real power brokers there)

So Mexico=US, NY=Dominicans, Europe and Ontario = Calabrians.This means the Rizzutos Had only Quebec totally under their control. And this control was traditionally based on heroin, which was no longer the dominant force in narcotics, now it's coke. And the Calabrians and Mexicans control all the coke. So if you look at the GLOBAL PICTURE, they were already losing power fast.

I'm not making this shit up, just look at what's going on worldwide, it's the age of the Narcotic syndicate, has been for awhile now...

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895792
10/07/16 12:47 AM
10/07/16 12:47 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I think to say NY=Dominicans is an over simplification.

The 2015 National Drug Threat Assessment reported that Mexican traffickers were expanding their operations to gain a larger share of Northeast markets and were now the most prominent wholesale-level heroin traffickers in the New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC, and have greatly expanded their presence in the New York City area. Mexican organization were also said to be involved in wholesale cocaine distribution in the city. In New York City, Colombian organizations transported cocaine into the area and served as a primary source of wholesale quantities of cocaine. However, Mexican and Dominican trafficking organizations dominated the transportation of cocaine throughout the rest of New York State, limiting the role of Colombian organizations. Colombian organizations were also prominent transporters and distributors of wholesale quantities of heroin in New York City. It was also reported that Dominican traffickers were the dominant retail distributors of cocaine in the New York metropolitan area and both Colombian and Mexican TCOs relied on Dominican traffickers to assist in the transportation of heroin throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. In New Jersey, Dominican traffickers handled retail-level distribution of cocaine for Colombian TCOs and also supplied local street gangs, who handled street-level distribution.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895794
10/07/16 02:36 AM
10/07/16 02:36 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@Ivey

If you go through my post, you will see I already know all that. I mention the Dominicans cause guys on here like Pmac say they have like 95% of all the drugs. Rather than argue I just concede the point. ( I don't live in NY, not in tune with the everyday street life you know?) It doesn't change the greater scope of things being coke from Colombia, controlled by Mexicans and Italians from Europe. It's not as complicated as you are making it.

Like I know the Mexicans are in NY, Sinaloa is EVERY GODAMN WHERE IVEY lol. What was the post awhile ago about Sinaloa in upstate NY? Buffalo?
But even that makes you ask, Why did they pick Buffalo for a retail operation and not bigger NY?

I guess It's because there is no major stronghold there, ( Does NY have no Little Village?, or large Mexican area?, I find that hard to believe though....) from which to deal from. The Dominican presence gives em less leverage. It might have been more profitable to have 50%, 70% of the Buffalo trade instead of competing for 10% or less of the NY retail trade. I mean, like your post points out, they still have a lot of the wholesale trade. So a Mexican retail operation in Buffalo gives you a hint of how strong Dominican retail MUST BE IN NY. Mexico, having a land border with the US, can always get coke here cheaper, and with more flexibility, so they will always have MORE COKE than the Dominicans. On the flip side, going through the Dominicans gives the Colombians more negotiating leverage when getting coke into the US. So there is a balance of power that keeps Dominicans and Colombians in partnership, with the Mexicans constantly encroaching, as they maneuver closer and closer to the source countries for narcotics.

Again, it's why I kinda concede the point of Dominicans being dominant in NY, and the northeast. The Colombians kinda have a vested interest in doing business with em. I've described them as "Regional" , not whatever, intercontinental, or transnational, or whatever adjective describes moving drugs from Border to border, country to country.

Anyone following knows the Mexicans are pushing hard into heroin. Better refinement in Mexico, as well as imported fentanyl from China. 5000 for a kilo that you make 80 kilos out of? Something ridiculous like that I read somewhere... As well as producing meth on an industrial scale. Lots of overdoses in Chicago, check some of the Jersey threads and guys on there have lost a lotta friends recently behind heroin.

So everything in your post is true and 100% right, I've been following along. My post was more or less about connecting the power dynamics in Canada with the flow of narcotics. And a kinda central premise that THE RULES OF THE NARCOTICS TRADE TEND TO CLASH WITH TRADITIONAL MAFIA RULES AND PROTOCOL.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #895803
10/07/16 06:44 AM
10/07/16 06:44 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Time will tell if they can establish another "consortium" in Montreal.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895865
10/08/16 12:24 AM
10/08/16 12:24 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Except the Dominicans aren't dominant in NYC. They are a major part of the drug trade but they still basically middle men for the Colombians and Mexicans.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895868
10/08/16 01:32 AM
10/08/16 01:32 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Ivey, the fact that the Dominicans relatively call their own shot, does make them special from other groups. Like this exist ONLY in NY. Everywhere else in the US its Mexicans, period. As long as they get coke for 10 grand a Ki in the Dominican Republic, they will be pretty strong.

Also, like I said, guys from NY say the Dominicans have a lot of the trade, I mean I DONT LIVE IN NY. I don't wanna be an asshole an argue with a guy about what happens in his own city. Like take Philly or Jersey. I leave that to the Philly and Jersey guys like Serp or Bobby or Dante. They know their cities.

Case in point, the thread about the young Jersey guy moving coke for the DeCavalcantes. I was looking at the money he made, 78 grand from a half kilo.
Now Dante said that that basically the Gambinos give em orders and tell them what to do. Now in light of the Calabrian development, I asked what was the chance that the DeCavalcante crew was getting Calabrian coke through the Gambino family, what was the chance that they were like a new Cherry Hill crew moving coke In jersey for the Gambinos. I think it was Pmac who said no, the Dominicans have like 90% control.

Now, it seems weird that a NY mobster would get coke from Dominicans to me, but again I don't live there, they might do this everyday of the week for all I know.

The fact is this Ivey, the Colombians still control a good portion of the NY trade through the Dominicans, but the Mexican are relentless. I asked the question, is there a large Mexican enclave in NY like the Dominicans have? Cause if they did, like the Dominicans had in Washington Heights, they would already rule NYs drug trade too. It's also why I had the Buffalo example. Sinaloa doesn't even retail, ( they mostly wholesale from what I've read, but I'm sure they have more than a few operations around the country...) but they had a retail operation in BUFFALO? Why not Brooklyn? Or Queens? The Bronx? Then look at the distributors, street level black guys, Why not Hispanic traffickers? Makes you ask questions.....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 10/08/16 01:33 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895870
10/08/16 02:55 AM
10/08/16 02:55 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

First, New York and the rest of the Northeast have been the last region the Mexicans have moved into simply because of geographic distance.

Second, the Mexicans face more competition from other groups in New York City than pretty much anywhere else in the country. There you not only have the Colombians and Dominicans, you also have Cubans, Jamaicans, Asians, as well as the Italians and others.

On a side note, somebody's knowledge based on simply living in an area only goes so far. One's zip code doesn't automatically afford them special insight on things. I can learn more from just reading the latest Drug Threat Assessment from the DEAD or HIDTA report than reading posts from a dozen New York posters on the boards.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895876
10/08/16 08:29 AM
10/08/16 08:29 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@Ivey

Seriously, how many times I gotta agree with you before you stop arguing about nothing?

We have had this convo before, you said NY was very competitive as far as narcotics, I said only at the street retail level. At the top it's a Colombian or a Mexican if you are in the US, and the ONLY place you will run into a Colombian, or Colombian proxy (Dominicans) is NY, and the Northeast. Why are you repeating literally my whole point, acting like I never said it?

My entire premise on drug clans, remember the Rizzuto/Fernandez questions, that thread? My whole thing was the Mexicans had the US, and Calabrians had Europe. So where did it leave the Rizzutos. Not for nothing but Ive been following the drugs, not counting up made guys or any of that.

And don't go and get silly on me. The Mexicans got thrown outta Spain years ago. Sinaloa is operational in Europe. They have been moving heavy narcotics since the early 90s maybe late 80s at least. You really believe they couldn't get drugs to NY because it's too far? Lol, Ivey you are talking about a truck, nothing more. ( watch Traffic, especially the part where he mentions NAFTA )They have the BORDER, coke comes into Chicago and goes EVERYWHERE. Carrillo was the " Lord of the Skies" way back when, they can't get coke to NY? Cause it's too far? Yet the whole reason they got big is that the COLOMBIANS could no longer reliably get coke through the Caribbean route, and trusted the Mexicans to get coke into the country. You don't seem to get that their WHOLE STRENGHT WAS BASED OFF TRANSPORTATION.

Im the one who told you before you can't control a city Like NY on the street level, it's too many corners/distribution points to try to control. Only ethnic enclaves like the old Italian Harlem where Ormento operated, as well as Pleaseant Ave. Nicky Barnes in Harlem, where you can sell in the streets. Otherwise you need a specific distribution points like Genovese with his midtown nightclubs, or the Pizza connection. You can only do it with supply, and the supply is controlled by Mexicans and Colombians. You brought up these other groups before, and this was the argument I gave you.

You started off in agreement in this thread, now you are reversing. We just established no one moves more coke than Mexicans and Colombian backed Dominicans in the US. But then you say, no the Dominicans aren't dominant NY, even though they are, cause none of these groups you mention have cocaine being shipped through their country. (Jamaica did in the past, Chinese? No. Maybe Cubans, but it can't be easy for them to get coke through Cuba into the US. And their stronghold is Miami, not NY. Aren't you labeled a defector or some shit if you leave?) You are not getting it, a Ki of coke in the Dominican Republic is 10 grand. Unless these groups go to Central America or something, they are NOT GETTING IT THAT CHEAP.

I just gave you a whole scenario with Sinaloa retailing in Buffalo, as an example of how intense it must be in NY if they set up shop there, not Brooklyn or somewhere. All those groups you mentioned, the ONLY ONE GROUP, that could compete with Mexican prices for coke, ARE DOMINICANS. The Chinese can't beat their prices, nor can any middle eastern group, or Russians, or Albanians, or Puerto Ricans, African Americans, Greeks, no one. And I was the one pointing out how the Calabrians didn't even attempt to move a GRAM of coke in NY, even though they have access to an avalanche of the shit.

Do you understand geographic distance is a big part of why cocaine cost what it does? The Mexicans would LOVE to supply Australia, it's like a hundred grand for a Ki. Again, the Dominicans been established in NY, they have a larger population there, and they pretty much can match Mexican prices. But the Mexicans have ACCESS TO MORE COCAINE THAN THEM. And more control over the coke they move.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #895895
10/08/16 03:09 PM
10/08/16 03:09 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@Ivey

Seriously, how many times I gotta agree with you before you stop arguing about nothing?

We have had this convo before, you said NY was very competitive as far as narcotics, I said only at the street retail level. At the top it's a Colombian or a Mexican if you are in the US, and the ONLY place you will run into a Colombian, or Colombian proxy (Dominicans) is NY, and the Northeast. Why are you repeating literally my whole point, acting like I never said it?

There can be a number of wholesale levels between the the initial supply and retail levels.

Quote:
And don't go and get silly on me. The Mexicans got thrown outta Spain years ago. Sinaloa is operational in Europe. They have been moving heavy narcotics since the early 90s maybe late 80s at least. You really believe they couldn't get drugs to NY because it's too far? Lol, Ivey you are talking about a truck, nothing more. ( watch Traffic, especially the part where he mentions NAFTA )They have the BORDER, coke comes into Chicago and goes EVERYWHERE. Carrillo was the " Lord of the Skies" way back when, they can't get coke to NY? Cause it's too far? Yet the whole reason they got big is that the COLOMBIANS could no longer reliably get coke through the Caribbean route, and trusted the Mexicans to get coke into the country. You don't seem to get that their WHOLE STRENGHT WAS BASED OFF TRANSPORTATION.

You can go back and read law enforcement reports for the past 20 years. Which, by the way, is a better way to get an understanding of things than theorizing and pontificating or talking with posters on Internet forums. Generally speaking, earlier on it was the Mexicans in the western half of the country and the Colombians in the eastern half. As you go forward, year after year, you see a gradual movement eastward by Mexicans. It wasn't that long ago that they were only beginning to have a significant presence on the east coast. At first, it was more the lower half of the eastern seaboard, getting to the point where they were the dominant suppliers everywhere except Southern Florida where they were rivaled by the Colombians. You then see a move northward on the coast, and on the last few years they had become the top suppliers as far north as Philadelphia and South Jersey. Yet, even now, they don't have the same dominance in the rest of the Northeast like they do throughout the rest of the US. What else is the reason if not distance and competition?

Quote:
Im the one who told you before you can't control a city Like NY on the street level, it's too many corners/distribution points to try to control. Only ethnic enclaves like the old Italian Harlem where Ormento operated, as well as Pleaseant Ave. Nicky Barnes in Harlem, where you can sell in the streets. Otherwise you need a specific distribution points like Genovese with his midtown nightclubs, or the Pizza connection. You can only do it with supply, and the supply is controlled by Mexicans and Colombians. You brought up these other groups before, and this was the argument I gave you.

You started off in agreement in this thread, now you are reversing. We just established no one moves more coke than Mexicans and Colombian backed Dominicans in the US. But then you say, no the Dominicans aren't dominant NY, even though they are, cause none of these groups you mention have cocaine being shipped through their country. (Jamaica did in the past, Chinese? No. Maybe Cubans, but it can't be easy for them to get coke through Cuba into the US. And their stronghold is Miami, not NY. Aren't you labeled a defector or some shit if you leave?) You are not getting it, a Ki of coke in the Dominican Republic is 10 grand. Unless these groups go to Central America or something, they are NOT GETTING IT THAT CHEAP.

I'm not reversing anything. The Colombians and Mexicans, along with their Dominican wholesalers, certainly move the most drugs in the city but there are other groups who do supply lesser amounts, as well as provide competition at lower distribution levels. You would know this if you'd do more reading instead if just trying to theorize and read the tea leaves in your own. Cuban and Jamaican groups are significant suppliers of marijuana, for example. Asian groups supply marijuana too, as well as ecstasy. Read the 2009 NDTA or some other reports and you'll see Italian groups also facilitate movement of cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, and heroin through POE's.

As important as Dominicans are, the definition of "dominant" (most important, powerful, or influential) does not accurately describe their position in the NYC drug trade. At least it's an over simplification, as I originally said.

Quote:
I just gave you a whole scenario with Sinaloa retailing in Buffalo, as an example of how intense it must be in NY if they set up shop there, not Brooklyn or somewhere. All those groups you mentioned, the ONLY ONE GROUP, that could compete with Mexican prices for coke, ARE DOMINICANS. The Chinese can't beat their prices, nor can any middle eastern group, or Russians, or Albanians, or Puerto Ricans, African Americans, Greeks, no one. And I was the one pointing out how the Calabrians didn't even attempt to move a GRAM of coke in NY, even though they have access to an avalanche of the shit.

Perhaps the difference is you're talking about cocaine alone while I'm talking about the entire drug trade.

Quote:
Do you understand geographic distance is a big part of why cocaine cost what it does? The Mexicans would LOVE to supply Australia, it's like a hundred grand for a Ki. Again, the Dominicans been established in NY, they have a larger population there, and they pretty much can match Mexican prices. But the Mexicans have ACCESS TO MORE COCAINE THAN THEM. And more control over the coke they move.

Wait, is that why a kilo of cocaine can sell for $2,000 in Peru, $10,000 in Mexico, and $30,000 on the US side of the border? Gee, thanks for the breaking news Cabrini. whistle

Last edited by IvyLeague; 10/08/16 03:31 PM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895919
10/09/16 02:35 AM
10/09/16 02:35 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Ivey, I'm seriously starting to wonder about you.......

First of all, I've kinda made a reputation as the poster who talks narcotics, BIG PERCENT OF THE TIME, yet you act like I haven't posted ad nauseum about all this shit, it's really funny. You are the one ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT FUCKIN GAMBLING LOL.. Like every time I bring up drugs it's always, " The five families have been marginalized" , " the biggest money maker is gambling", all of a sudden now here you go......

Remember the discussion about the Rizzutos, when I broke down how all or this shit revolves around the drug trade, I didn't hear any of this shit from you then, yet you think you know more about it than me now? Dude....

I read constantly, and everything, again, you act like you are the only person who knows how to read and interpret facts, and like your data or stats are the only thing that matters, you really kill me. And the funny thing is, you google Dominicans cocaine and NY, I mean, lol you act like this is all speculation or some shit, you don't have to take my word, wtf? And I'm sorry, but I gotta respect the word of a guy who lives In The city and sees what what.

You crack me up on the geography thing. I don't even think you know it's the Zeta cartel that most indentified with trafficking in NY. And it makes sense, they are based on the Gulf, all the states that border the Gulf are basically the same states at the end of the Caribbean route, Florida, Louisiana. The Gulf has 7 of the ten busiest ports in the US. Lots of camouflage for contraband. Now when you talk of the recent decline, like are you keeping up with Mexico? Lots of reports are that the Zetas are no longer operational. I JUST ASKED SMEARY ABOUT IT IN ONE OF HIS CARTEL THREADS, I DIDNT SEE BOO FROM YOU, NO POST NOTHING. Yet you act like you know now? Come on man..... You do realize I live in Chicago, Sinaloas home base. Where Zambadas son was locked up in the loop? Where the Flores brothers dealt thousands of kilos? You have any idea how many local articles have come out during even the last 10 years? Read a report, you gotta be kidding me....

The Dominicans are to coke on the east coast what Vietnamese gangs are to heroin and high grade weed on the west coast. Do a google, don't take my word for it, RESEARCH....

Edit: Also, I've READ reports, that coke seizures in the Caribbean are up the last couple years. This empowers Dominicans more than any other carribean crime group. This is something else I've mentioned, how the normalization of Cuban relations will lead to a more porous Caribbean route, and it puts pressure on the Mexicans to find more markets, again the push into the Northeast, it's ALL CONNECTED......

And you keep repeating shit I JUST SAID, like what is wrong with you? I just said the Mexicans are constantly encroaching, ON EVERYONES TERRITORY, MAN NOT JUST NY. Europe, Australia, Asia, these people are trying to position themselves all over the world. And here you go with some snarky comment, read the reports of the last 20 years, oh my god, give me a fuckin break. I grew up in an open air drug market, I don't need to consume every piece of literature to have a greater understanding of how this works.

Your sarcasm, lol "Wait is that why a Ki.." Look, if you understand all that I shouldn't have to explain why the Dominicans have leverage in NY, with the country being a transshipment point. It should be self evident.

You say, Read more, smh, LET ME ILLUSTRATE MY FRUSTRATION FOR YOU.
Remember this thread? It's about calculating the mafias total income, right?

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=892984#Post892984

Now this guy says 24 bil for drugs, right? You go right along with this, as you can see from your responses right? But look at my last two post, it became clear to me I WAS THE ONLY POSTER WHO ACTUALLY READ THE THING.
Look at what is said on page 13......

Drug markets: estimating financial value
Illicit drug markets are complex systems of production and distribution that generate large sums of money at di erent levels. A conservative estimate values the retail market for illicit drugs in the European Union at EUR 24.3 billion in 2013 (likely range EUR 21 billion to EUR 31 billion). With an estimated retail value of EUR 9.3 billion (likely range EUR 8.4–12.9 billion), and responsible for about 38 % of the total, cannabis products account for the largest share of the illicit drug market in Europe. is is followed by heroin, estimated at EUR 6.8 billion (EUR 6.0–7.8 billion) (28 %), and cocaine at EUR 5.7 billion (EUR 4.5–7.0 billion) (24 %). Amphetamines occupy a smaller market share, estimated at EUR 1.8 billion (EUR 1.2–2.5 billion) (8 %), ahead of MDMA, at almost EUR 0.7 billion (EUR 0.61–0.72 billion) (3 %). These estimates are based on very limited data, which has necessitated some broad assumptions, and hence must be viewed as initial minimum estimates that need revision in the future, as the information underpinning them is improved.

So this was basically a bullshit, incomplete report. But I'm SURE you didn't READ the whole thing, just from your responses. You don't know the agenda behind this. The guy could be trying to downplay the official report to make Europe look better, to attract more foreign investment or who the fuck knows what.

Now take this one, which I can't help but notice I don't see you in......

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=894721#Post894721

They are saying they seized 35000 kilos in a year. Like there are 35000 kilos in a room somewhere, that you can touch with your hands. And this might be a quarter of what was shipped they say. The retail value of this is like at least triple what they estimated for ALL NARCOTICS, and this is just cocaine. Don't tell me I don't read man.

I pay attention to EVERYTHING. When I see BlackFam post about an Atlanta hustler with an organization stretching to Boston, supplied by Mexicans, it proposes a question in my head, What Cartel? I see something like that and it makes me question the shit I read earlier about the Zetas being dismantled, see what I mean? When I see the cartel in Costa Rica working with the Calabrians, I wonder, what cartel is that? You can't understand what's happening with the Italians, if you pay no attention to South and Central America. What's happening in South America affects the criminal landscape of NY, Canada and the Entirety of Europe, GLOBALIZATION, it's what I'm talking about. YOU ONLY LOOK AT NY AND THINK YOU GOT THE WHOLE PICTURE, you don't......

Alright thats enough for one night, good lord man you bring out the debater in me lol

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 10/09/16 02:46 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #895946
10/09/16 01:57 PM
10/09/16 01:57 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Ivey, I'm seriously starting to wonder about you.......

First of all, I've kinda made a reputation as the poster who talks narcotics, BIG PERCENT OF THE TIME, yet you act like I haven't posted ad nauseum about all this shit, it's really funny. You are the one ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT FUCKIN GAMBLING LOL.. Like every time I bring up drugs it's always, " The five families have been marginalized" , " the biggest money maker is gambling", all of a sudden now here you go......

And what I said is all true. You can look at narcotics alone if you want, and it certainly is the most lucrative racket in terms of total dollars, but not for the LCN. Gambling is a bigger money maker for the American mob, not because it's more lucrative than drugs, but because the mob has more involvement and control in gambling than it does in the drug trade.

Quote:
Remember the discussion about the Rizzutos, when I broke down how all or this shit revolves around the drug trade, I didn't hear any of this shit from you then, yet you think you know more about it than me now? Dude....

If you mean the conflict in Montreal revolved around the drug trade, I would agree.

Quote:
I read constantly, and everything, again, you act like you are the only person who knows how to read and interpret facts, and like your data or stats are the only thing that matters, you really kill me. And the funny thing is, you google Dominicans cocaine and NY, I mean, lol you act like this is all speculation or some shit, you don't have to take my word, wtf? And I'm sorry, but I gotta respect the word of a guy who lives In The city and sees what what.

I'm not saying those in a given area don't have something to offer. But their knowledge is going to be on an anecdotal, micro level. In terms of big picture, there are far better sources than some dude on an Internet message board. And, having been on these forums for over 10 years now, I can tell you you'll get a better idea of things by going with official info than some guy's 2 cents.

Quote:
You crack me up on the geography thing. I don't even think you know it's the Zeta cartel that most indentified with trafficking in NY. And it makes sense, they are based on the Gulf, all the states that border the Gulf are basically the same states at the end of the Caribbean route, Florida, Louisiana. The Gulf has 7 of the ten busiest ports in the US. Lots of camouflage for contraband. Now when you talk of the recent decline, like are you keeping up with Mexico? Lots of reports are that the Zetas are no longer operational. I JUST ASKED SMEARY ABOUT IT IN ONE OF HIS CARTEL THREADS, I DIDNT SEE BOO FROM YOU, NO POST NOTHING. Yet you act like you know now? Come on man..... You do realize I live in Chicago, Sinaloas home base. Where Zambadas son was locked up in the loop? Where the Flores brothers dealt thousands of kilos? You have any idea how many local articles have come out during even the last 10 years? Read a report, you gotta be kidding me....

I'm not sure why you assume if I don't post in a certain thread, I'm not familiar with the topic. I'm become a lot more busy in the last few years and I have to be more selective about posting. Typically the titles of Smeary's threads are enough to make me skip them.

As far as the rest of what you said above, you are all over the place. You living in Chicago is irrelevant to this discussion. And I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about the Zetas in relation to New York and the rest of the Northeast being the last region of the country the Mexicans don't have dominance over.

Quote:
The Dominicans are to coke on the east coast what Vietnamese gangs are to heroin and high grade weed on the west coast. Do a google, don't take my word for it, RESEARCH....

Again, nobody said the Dominicans aren't very significant on the East Coast drug trade. I simply said you saying "Dominicans=NY" is an oversimplification and them being "dominant" isn't true, at least as far as the definition of that word goes.

Quote:
And you keep repeating shit I JUST SAID, like what is wrong with you? I just said the Mexicans are constantly encroaching, ON EVERYONES TERRITORY, MAN NOT JUST NY. Europe, Australia, Asia, these people are trying to position themselves all over the world. And here you go with some snarky comment, read the reports of the last 20 years, oh my god, give me a fuckin break. I grew up in an open air drug market, I don't need to consume every piece of literature to have a greater understanding of how this works.

You do need to read to get a more macro, big picture idea of things. Your personal, anecdotal experiences won't give you that.

Quote:
Your sarcasm, lol "Wait is that why a Ki.." Look, if you understand all that I shouldn't have to explain why the Dominicans have leverage in NY, with the country being a transshipment point. It should be self evident.

But you didn't say Dominicans "have leverage" in New York. You said "Dominicans=NY" and they're "dominant." Not the same thing.

Quote:
You say, Read more, smh, LET ME ILLUSTRATE MY FRUSTRATION FOR YOU.
Remember this thread? It's about calculating the mafias total income, right?

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=892984#Post892984

Now this guy says 24 bil for drugs, right? You go right along with this, as you can see from your responses right? But look at my last two post, it became clear to me I WAS THE ONLY POSTER WHO ACTUALLY READ THE THING.
Look at what is said on page 13......

Drug markets: estimating financial value
Illicit drug markets are complex systems of production and distribution that generate large sums of money at di erent levels. A conservative estimate values the retail market for illicit drugs in the European Union at EUR 24.3 billion in 2013 (likely range EUR 21 billion to EUR 31 billion). With an estimated retail value of EUR 9.3 billion (likely range EUR 8.4–12.9 billion), and responsible for about 38 % of the total, cannabis products account for the largest share of the illicit drug market in Europe. is is followed by heroin, estimated at EUR 6.8 billion (EUR 6.0–7.8 billion) (28 %), and cocaine at EUR 5.7 billion (EUR 4.5–7.0 billion) (24 %). Amphetamines occupy a smaller market share, estimated at EUR 1.8 billion (EUR 1.2–2.5 billion) (8 %), ahead of MDMA, at almost EUR 0.7 billion (EUR 0.61–0.72 billion) (3 %). These estimates are based on very limited data, which has necessitated some broad assumptions, and hence must be viewed as initial minimum estimates that need revision in the future, as the information underpinning them is improved.

So this was basically a bullshit, incomplete report. But I'm SURE you didn't READ the whole thing, just from your responses. You don't know the agenda behind this. The guy could be trying to downplay the official report to make Europe look better, to attract more foreign investment or who the fuck knows what.

I realize the report isnt exhaustive or complete. One thing that stuck out from the start was the lack of estimates of not only other illicit activities but also legitimate businesses. I simply said I found those conservative estimates to be closer to the truth than the more extreme figures we often see published.

Quote:
I pay attention to EVERYTHING. When I see BlackFam post about an Atlanta hustler with an organization stretching to Boston, supplied by Mexicans, it proposes a question in my head, What Cartel? I see something like that and it makes me question the shit I read earlier about the Zetas being dismantled, see what I mean? When I see the cartel in Costa Rica working with the Calabrians, I wonder, what cartel is that? You can't understand what's happening with the Italians, if you pay no attention to South and Central America. What's happening in South America affects the criminal landscape of NY, Canada and the Entirety of Europe, GLOBALIZATION, it's what I'm talking about. YOU ONLY LOOK AT NY AND THINK YOU GOT THE WHOLE PICTURE, you don't.....

Some of what's going on globally affects things in New York, other things not so much. The drug trade, which you focus on, certainly. This involves people from other countries moving drugs and money across international borders.

But when we're talking about the NY Mafia, which is what I assume you are referring to when you mention New York, drugs are only one factor and not the most important one. Understanding the mob's current position in the drug trade alone, or having a good idea of the drug trade on a global basis alone, isn't going to give you a complete or necessarily accurate idea of the current overall state of the NY mob. Things you seem to overlook or not consider that important or maybe just boring, such as membership, are more crucial.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895949
10/09/16 03:06 PM
10/09/16 03:06 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Dominicans are very transient. Travling from nyc to where ever they call home next. Just in mass boston worcester springfield they live in all and travel to them all there biggest community outside of washington heights is Lawrence ma which is on the nh border close to the ocean. Herion coke pipeline. And ive come to find out they work hand n hand with the mexicans. Just look at the huge busts in the last year. Little of both.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895956
10/09/16 04:17 PM
10/09/16 04:17 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Ever see this video of Vic Cotroni ??

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/RJsm0IhsJfo[/video]

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #895972
10/09/16 09:06 PM
10/09/16 09:06 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Thats from the "Connections" series. They caught him off guard, and basically bombarded him with questions. There's a story in the James Dubro book, Mob Rule. Where they tried to do that once outside one of his social clubs and had guys with camera's and mics hiding in a van outside. Cotroni basically lured the interviewer into the club without his camera crew, and the author explains that the host saw a bunch of shadowy figures and they were all Cotroni soldiers, they basically surrounded the guy under Cotroni's orders, chased him out the club and had the film crew scared to move the van because the guys knew they were inside. Funny shit.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #895994
10/10/16 11:59 AM
10/10/16 11:59 AM
Toronto
M
Mick2010 Offline
Button
Mick2010  Offline
M
Button
Toronto
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Thats from the "Connections" series. They caught him off guard, and basically bombarded him with questions. There's a story in the James Dubro book, Mob Rule. Where they tried to do that once outside one of his social clubs and had guys with camera's and mics hiding in a van outside. Cotroni basically lured the interviewer into the club without his camera crew, and the author explains that the host saw a bunch of shadowy figures and they were all Cotroni soldiers, they basically surrounded the guy under Cotroni's orders, chased him out the club and had the film crew scared to move the van because the guys knew they were inside. Funny shit.

i believe that story youre refering to is actually about the commissos in toronto. Remo Commisso at the casa commisso which was on keele st. near either lawrence or st. clair.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #896311
10/15/16 08:54 PM
10/15/16 08:54 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Vincenzo Spagnolo has been murdered in Laval. Yet another mobster killed who has ancestry descending from Cattolica Eraclea.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #896312
10/15/16 08:57 PM
10/15/16 08:57 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/10/15/le-mafieux-vincenzo-spagnolo-abattu-a-laval

Translation:

Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:20 p.m.
Update Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:20 p.m.
LAVAL - The mafia... Vincenzo Spagnolo was shot dead in the Vimont district of Laval late Saturday afternoon, learned our Bureau of Investigation.
He was taken to hospital where his death was confirmed.
Spagnolo was a close friend of the former godfather of the Montreal Mafia Vito Rizzuto. He has been a confidant and right arm of Rizzuto when the latter returned from his prison in Colorado.
An investigation is underway to determine the exact circumstances of the murder. This is the service of the investigation of crimes against the person of the Sûreté du Québec who took the matter in hand.
Sergeant Audrey-Anne Bilodeau, spokesperson for the SQ, rushed to the scene to maintain relations with the media, did not confirm the identity of the person shot dead Saturday on Laval territory, limiting itself to saying that he is a man in his sixties and could be subject to "a settling of accounts linked to organized crime."

"The man was suffering from at least one gun shot at his residence," said Ms. Bilodeau, adding that the event occurred on the street Antoine-Forestier 17 to 30 h.
The name of Vincenzo Spagnolo was mentioned in documents from the Colosseum project, which were presented in the framework of the Commission on the award of contract in construction.
In these documents, including one said he was present at the wedding ceremony of Giulia Arcadi, daughter of the former head of the Mafia interim, Francesco Arcadi.

Last edited by Ciment; 10/15/16 09:26 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #896313
10/15/16 09:02 PM
10/15/16 09:02 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Wow..one of the leaders it never stops.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #896314
10/15/16 09:30 PM
10/15/16 09:30 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I know, nobody wants to wave the white flag.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #896315
10/15/16 09:42 PM
10/15/16 09:42 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I know, nobody wants to wave the white flag.

That he became a target is a bit suprising he always kept a low profile, running a restaurant.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Hollander] #896325
10/15/16 11:11 PM
10/15/16 11:11 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Hollander

You might have been thinking of Vincenzo Spagnolo's son.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #896335
10/16/16 12:47 AM
10/16/16 12:47 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...tue-a-laval.php

translation:

The mafioso Vincenzo Spagnolo, former right-hand man and friend of the deceased godfather Vito Rizzuto, was killed Saturday night in Laval.
For now, we ignore the circumstances of the crime. It seems that Vincenzo Spagnolo, who had just celebrated his 65th birthday, was at home on the Antoine-Forestier Street in the Vimont district, when he was hit by gunfire around 17:30. He was taken to hospital where his death was confirmed. Since this is a murder linked to organized crime, the Laval police handed the case to their colleagues in the Crimes against the person of the Sûreté du Québec.
Vincenzo Spagnolo was the best friend and confidant of Vito Rizzuto, the former godfather of the Montreal Mafia died naturally in December 2013. Some sources even claim that the two men were cousins. Vincenzo Spagnolo was one of those who had received the godfather in Toronto in October 2012, when Vito Rizzuto returned to Canada after spending six years in US jails for his involvement in the murders of three captains of the Bonanno clan committed New York in 1981.
While he was in prison in Quebec, waiting to be extradited to the United States, Vito Rizzuto called Vincenzo Spagnolo almost as much as his wife, reveals the book Mafia Inc. journalists André Noël and André Cédilot.
After the arrest of Vito Rizzuto for a case of 32 tons of hashish seized off Sept-Îles in 1988, Vincenzo Spagnolo was willing to pay a million dollars for the deposit of his friend, also recall Cédilot and Andre Noel.
Spagnolo had owned a reception hall named buffet Roma . According to our information, he was also a silent owner of Romcafé Laval, a place where Vito Rizzuto had made his headquarters during his bloody return to power in fall 2012 and winter 2013. Spagnolo also controlled, at least until recently, Bellerose coffee, another head quarter for the Sicilian clan of Laval which targeted by a Molotov cocktail in the last few weeks.
In January 2003, Vincenzo Spagnolo was among seven companions-among them Giuseppe Di Maulo and Francesco Arcadi- who made a golf trip with Vito Rizzuto in the Dominican Republic, while they were closely monitored by the investigators of police operation “Colosse”, anti-mafia investigation.
In October 2014, several individuals linked to Sicilian Clan gathered at Buonanotte restaurant to celebrate the birthday of Vincenzo Spagnolo when police squad “Eclipse” invited themselves at the party.
Although he was very present in the entourage of the former godfather, Vincenzo Spagnolo was not recognized as being very involved in the criminal operations of the clan. Sources noted that he was to Vito Rizzuto what Gaetan Gosselin was for Raynald Desjardins, and Vincenzo Scuderi, for the deceased clan chief Giuseppe De Vito. Scuderi and Gosselin, men of confidence and friend of De Vito and Desjardins, two rivals of the Sicilians, were killed during the return to power of Vito Rizzuto winter 2013. "The death of Spagnolo is the same message. Some see it that way. Your reign is over (Sicilians), let go, "said one observer in the know to La Presse .
Spagnolo death could have a moral impact on the remaining members of the Rizzuto clan. Sources had told La Presse that Raynald Desjardins was particularly moved by the death of his friend Gaetan Gosselin.
One thing is certain, the systematic extermination of the Sicilian clan seems to continue, even after the assassinations of Vito Rizzuto last lieutenant , Rocco Sollecito, in May, and Lorenzo Giordano in March. Recalling events a few weeks ago, Molotov cocktails were thrown at the Bellerose coffee and also at Empire bar, another stronghold of the Rizzuto on Jean-Talon Street in Montreal.
Officially, however, the police still considers Stefano Sollecito, the son of Rocco Sollecito, as the head of the Montreal Mafia, and that the latter is still predominantly Sicilian, but things are slowly changing.
The son of Vincenzo Spagnolo, Nicola, had served on the mafia management table before it broke out following the death of Rocco Sollecito.
To join Daniel Renaud confidentially, call (514) 285-7000, extension 4918, or write to the postal address of La Presse.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #896336
10/16/16 01:34 AM
10/16/16 01:34 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Great posts Ciment and Antimafia.

Appreciated gents.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #896341
10/16/16 07:13 AM
10/16/16 07:13 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: Hollander

You might have been thinking of Vincenzo Spagnolo's son.

Yes I thought Nicola, but the Spagnolos go back a long way that whole family is important.

Last edited by Hollander; 10/16/16 07:33 AM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #896343
10/16/16 08:29 AM
10/16/16 08:29 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...tue-a-laval.php

translation:

The mafioso Vincenzo Spagnolo, former right-hand man and friend of the deceased godfather Vito Rizzuto, was killed Saturday night in Laval.
For now, we ignore the circumstances of the crime. It seems that Vincenzo Spagnolo, who had just celebrated his 65th birthday, was at home on the Antoine-Forestier Street in the Vimont district, when he was hit by gunfire around 17:30. He was taken to hospital where his death was confirmed. Since this is a murder linked to organized crime, the Laval police handed the case to their colleagues in the Crimes against the person of the Sûreté du Québec.
Vincenzo Spagnolo was the best friend and confidant of Vito Rizzuto, the former godfather of the Montreal Mafia died naturally in December 2013. Some sources even claim that the two men were cousins. Vincenzo Spagnolo was one of those who had received the godfather in Toronto in October 2012, when Vito Rizzuto returned to Canada after spending six years in US jails for his involvement in the murders of three captains of the Bonanno clan committed New York in 1981.
While he was in prison in Quebec, waiting to be extradited to the United States, Vito Rizzuto called Vincenzo Spagnolo almost as much as his wife, reveals the book Mafia Inc. journalists André Noël and André Cédilot.
After the arrest of Vito Rizzuto for a case of 32 tons of hashish seized off Sept-Îles in 1988, Vincenzo Spagnolo was willing to pay a million dollars for the deposit of his friend, also recall Cédilot and Andre Noel.
Spagnolo had owned a reception hall named buffet Roma . According to our information, he was also a silent owner of Romcafé Laval, a place where Vito Rizzuto had made his headquarters during his bloody return to power in fall 2012 and winter 2013. Spagnolo also controlled, at least until recently, Bellerose coffee, another head quarter for the Sicilian clan of Laval which targeted by a Molotov cocktail in the last few weeks.
In January 2003, Vincenzo Spagnolo was among seven companions-among them Giuseppe Di Maulo and Francesco Arcadi- who made a golf trip with Vito Rizzuto in the Dominican Republic, while they were closely monitored by the investigators of police operation “Colosse”, anti-mafia investigation.
In October 2014, several individuals linked to Sicilian Clan gathered at Buonanotte restaurant to celebrate the birthday of Vincenzo Spagnolo when police squad “Eclipse” invited themselves at the party.
Although he was very present in the entourage of the former godfather, Vincenzo Spagnolo was not recognized as being very involved in the criminal operations of the clan. Sources noted that he was to Vito Rizzuto what Gaetan Gosselin was for Raynald Desjardins, and Vincenzo Scuderi, for the deceased clan chief Giuseppe De Vito. Scuderi and Gosselin, men of confidence and friend of De Vito and Desjardins, two rivals of the Sicilians, were killed during the return to power of Vito Rizzuto winter 2013. "The death of Spagnolo is the same message. Some see it that way. Your reign is over (Sicilians), let go, "said one observer in the know to La Presse .
Spagnolo death could have a moral impact on the remaining members of the Rizzuto clan. Sources had told La Presse that Raynald Desjardins was particularly moved by the death of his friend Gaetan Gosselin.
One thing is certain, the systematic extermination of the Sicilian clan seems to continue, even after the assassinations of Vito Rizzuto last lieutenant , Rocco Sollecito, in May, and Lorenzo Giordano in March. Recalling events a few weeks ago, Molotov cocktails were thrown at the Bellerose coffee and also at Empire bar, another stronghold of the Rizzuto on Jean-Talon Street in Montreal.
Officially, however, the police still considers Stefano Sollecito, the son of Rocco Sollecito, as the head of the Montreal Mafia, and that the latter is still predominantly Sicilian, but things are slowly changing.
The son of Vincenzo Spagnolo, Nicola, had served on the mafia management table before it broke out following the death of Rocco Sollecito.
To join Daniel Renaud confidentially, call (514) 285-7000, extension 4918, or write to the postal address of La Presse.

You don't have to agree with the shit that's going down up there but you gotta respect it. These guys play the game for real. Great posts guys.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #896356
10/16/16 01:35 PM
10/16/16 01:35 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Seems to be a revenge killing that could be related back to Vito Rizzuto's return in 2012.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Page 12 of 155 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull