GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 117 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,359
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,200
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #892713
09/03/16 01:14 PM
09/03/16 01:14 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The Nigerians are the strongest in Africa and when you look at all the western Africans here in Europe you can imagine they have also a big influence on those communities.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: BlackFamily] #892808
09/04/16 01:35 PM
09/04/16 01:35 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
it's marginal because they are involved only in street level stuff most of drugs are imported or produced by european groups, mostly italian, albanian and turks, moroccans are the biggest not-european importers it leaves to nigerians only a tiny part of that market, never heard they run large shipments, they usually move drugs through ovules put in mules stomach... even in drugs that is their main activity their role is are marginal
anyway if you don't believe it just ask other europeans here

Last edited by m2w; 09/04/16 01:47 PM.
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: BlackFamily] #892809
09/04/16 01:37 PM
09/04/16 01:37 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
That article says differ, They're Wholesale to Mid level distributors. They don't import drugs in bulk like other syndicates instead via large quantities of small packages.

the article just states that part of drugs pass through african ports, it doesn't mean that nigerians are always involved, a big part of drug of that route is run by italian or other european criminal groups

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #892813
09/04/16 02:11 PM
09/04/16 02:11 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
I completely agree with m2w on this topic.

Everyone has their own opinion which makes this whole topic very interesting,but when it comes to facts Nigerians can't compare to European groups,just take a look what happened to the Nigerian community back to 2008 when they tried to make big moves in Naples(Castel Volturno Massacre)

Last edited by Strax; 09/04/16 02:11 PM.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #892825
09/04/16 03:50 PM
09/04/16 03:50 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: m2w
italian mafia and triads have also several members of high class, politicians, businessmen, doctors... italian mafia is very close to freemasons

I'm not disputing that. The groups that formed what is Nigerian OC today, were oil business executives. The average Nigerian in America has at least one degree, so I'm sure the founders of Nigerian OC held MBAs and Doctorates.

This would influence the nature and scope of the crimes that the syndicates would get involved in.

As was also pointed out in this thread, Nigerians have a lot of cultural influence over people from other parts of Africa. Technically they would have a presence in every country where there are large groups of Africans. And their influence would be greater than their numbers.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #892831
09/04/16 05:20 PM
09/04/16 05:20 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: Hollander
I agree in the Netherlands, a HUGE drug hub, domestic groups called "Penose" are dominant.

right... have they political connections? i wonder if there is some criminal group in europe aside italian, russian and balkan criminal groups that are strongly political connected... maybe corsican? they sure have some political link

Corsicans are still powerful, but lost influence because of the many murders, arrests and competition from the Arab gangs.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #892835
09/04/16 06:10 PM
09/04/16 06:10 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@M2w

We had this discussion years back and you overlooked or denied many sources I provided. So unless you want to make a thread with substantial sources that counter those reports, I'm done with this OP topic.

@ Strax

Do more research on Nigerian OC in Europe then come back to me.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #892836
09/04/16 06:18 PM
09/04/16 06:18 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i did reacerch on nigerans and i live in europe, you provided only a source (europol) and your source just said that part of the drugs pass through african ports and that nigerians are sometimes involved ... there are tons of sources that state 80% of cocaine is imported by italian mafia, hashish by moroccans and italian mafia, heroin by albanians and turks.weed is mostly produced in europe and meth in the netherlands, what's left to nigerians are only a little piece
as i said yo don't know enough of europe to talk about it

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #892867
09/04/16 11:58 PM
09/04/16 11:58 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

Note: Sources
It's plural.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #892912
09/05/16 10:32 AM
09/05/16 10:32 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
sources? you provided only one... you also said nigerian oc are active in 70 countries, where are the sources?
i agree that nigerian oc is growing and it is the strongest in africa, they could be in a top 10 worlwide, but sire not on a top 3 or 5

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #892913
09/05/16 11:00 AM
09/05/16 11:00 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
M2W,

I came into this discussion late, but I agree with what you wrote about Nigerian OC not currently being one of the largest CO and why.

They don't grow or control the manufacturing of the big consumer drugs, and that there are CO groups decades or centuries older than them in the European countries that they operate in. Doesn't add up that they would supplant these groups.

Also, there doesn't exist a large enough demand on the continent of Africa for the consumer drugs that would generate enough money to boost profile or power of Nigerian groups.The demand is in US and Europe.

Nigeria is a hub for the movement of drugs. The country is by all accounts one of the most politically corrupt places on earth. Groups moving drugs/or contraband through the ports there will encounter little resistance or problems with law enforcement. That's an advantage that Nigerian groups have over other groups. 95% or more of the cargo will go through with no problems....not even token efforts by L.E.

This factor and others seem to indicate the pivotal role that Nigerian groups play in the drug trade. Everything I've read points to them becoming bigger players in drugs and other crimes in the future.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #892971
09/05/16 10:26 PM
09/05/16 10:26 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
M2w

All European Countries, Russia, China, Japan, Australia, U.S, Canada, Brazil, plus more. Your 30+ years late on the "growing" notice.

Again, Start a thread for this discussion.

- African Proverb
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #892988
09/06/16 08:26 AM
09/06/16 08:26 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
all europan countries? lol maybe all the western ones,i doubt there are nigerian oc in eastern europe, russia and balkans...
japan and china? i highly doubt it
you clearly hype them too much...
as ghettesenets said in the future thye could become very strong, but at the moment there are several crime groups stronger than nigerians one

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #892996
09/06/16 10:08 AM
09/06/16 10:08 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Research more. It helps.

- African Proverb
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #893122
09/07/16 11:30 AM
09/07/16 11:30 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i did reaserches and i didn't find sources that state they are active in 70 countries as you claimed...and of course i'm talking something more that a drug dealer with ovules nabbed in airport of dealing drug on a corner street...

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #893129
09/07/16 12:00 PM
09/07/16 12:00 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
*Sipping Tea*
* Sees reply but no new thread*
* Goes back to the Tea with sources on hand*

- African Proverb
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #894163
09/18/16 10:17 AM
09/18/16 10:17 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@BlackFam; I was reading this and thought of you and this topic....

Johnny is the perfect exponent of the most effective and reliable criminal organization on the African continent: the Nigerian underworld. The Nigerian underworld is an international force that has grown out from its roots to the four corners of the earth. They are small-to medium-size groups with a familial, tribal basis, and the branches of their interests extend to many important open-air drug markets. It’s a mix of tradition and modernity, which has allowed the Nigerians to get a foot in all the African capitals north to south, and to spread beyond the continent,thanks in part to the experience they gained selling heroin in the 1980s—international flights loaded with mules, and when those weren’t enough, Nigerian traffickers recruited the flight crew. Then cocaine arrives, and the Nigerians throw themselves into the new business. Europe’s needs have to be met, and the Africans are ready. So ready that they start obtaining coke directly from the producing countries. Today their presence in Europe is huge, and they’re in great demand by the Colombian and Mexican narcos, as well as by the Italian mafias. One of the progenitors is Peter Christopher Onwumere. Before he was arrested in Brazil in 1997, Onwumere proved he was a real international narco. He negotiated, bought, organized transports, and raked in the cash. The Nigerians are phenomenal subcontractors, and they know...

An excerpt from ZeroZeroZero, Roberto Savianos book on cocaine.... Good read

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 09/19/16 12:51 AM.
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #894181
09/18/16 01:20 PM
09/18/16 01:20 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
An outfit is only going to be as strong as the government they have ingratiated themselves with, and no stronger than that government is itself.

Because Italy seems to be so anti-organized crime, that would eliminate any and all mainland Italian syndicates from the top of the list because not being in the favor of their home governments puts them on shaky ground.

I have read that Bolivian drug traffickers will not leave the borders of their country to transport drugs....because production of cocaine is (or was) legal...within their country. That makes their organizations pretty strong.

In another example, Canadian Cosa Nostra seems stronger than American Cosa Nostra at this time, due to the differences in the way crimes are prosecuted in the US versus Canada. In Canada things are easier for an outlaw, therefore they are probably stronger. What does it matter how many made men you have, how many guns you have, and how much money you make...if you are under indictment???

It really might come down to who has the blessing of their government and how strong their government is.

I would say the Caruana and Cun-trera mafias are right at the top.

I can't make a fair comparison of OC groups against one another world wide because I've never looked up the list. All I can do is put forward my formula for what makes an outfit truly "tough".

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: Alfa Romeo] #894187
09/18/16 02:03 PM
09/18/16 02:03 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
An outfit is only going to be as strong as the government they have ingratiated themselves with, and no stronger than that government is itself.

Because Italy seems to be so anti-organized crime, that would eliminate any and all mainland Italian syndicates from the top of the list because not being in the favor of their home governments puts them on shaky ground.

I have read that Bolivian drug traffickers will not leave the borders of their country to transport drugs....because production of cocaine is (or was) legal...within their country. That makes their organizations pretty strong.

In another example, Canadian Cosa Nostra seems stronger than American Cosa Nostra at this time, due to the differences in the way crimes are prosecuted in the US versus Canada. In Canada things are easier for an outlaw, therefore they are probably stronger. What does it matter how many made men you have, how many guns you have, and how much money you make...if you are under indictment???

It really might come down to who has the blessing of their government and how strong their government is.

I can't make a fair comparison of OC groups against one another world wide because I've never looked up the list. All I can do is put forward my formula for what makes an outfit truly "tough".

It's a futile question because there are many factors that make up a threat potential of organized crime groups. Some have even been put into a working formula, like the Slepnir Matrix, by law enforcement. But it's not tennis rankings.

It's debatable how anti-Mafia Italy really is, even if it's come along way, but the fact the Mafia there has thrived for so long, even if Italy has been very anti-Mafia, it should be self evident that your comment about the Italian groups isn't the case. They have been around for years and years and won't be going away anytime soon.

Meanwhile, one could argue there was even more corruption and instability in Colombia in the 1980s and 1990s. According to your theory, that should have enabled the Medellin and Cali cartels to last. But that wasn't the case.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: CabriniGreen] #894201
09/18/16 05:13 PM
09/18/16 05:13 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@ Cabrini-Green

clap

Someone's done their homework.

@ Ivy

Precisely.

- African Proverb
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: IvyLeague] #894204
09/18/16 05:44 PM
09/18/16 05:44 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

It's a futile question because there are many factors that make up a threat potential of organized crime groups. Some have even been put into a working formula, like the Slepnir Matrix, by law enforcement. But it's not tennis rankings.

It's debatable how anti-Mafia Italy really is, even if it's come along way, but the fact the Mafia there has thrived for so long, even if Italy has been very anti-Mafia, it should be self evident that your comment about the Italian groups isn't the case. They have been around for years and years and won't be going away anytime soon.

Meanwhile, one could argue there was even more corruption and instability in Colombia in the 1980s and 1990s. According to your theory, that should have enabled the Medellin and Cali cartels to last. But that wasn't the case.

I think if it wasn't for the immense pressure the US put on the Colombian government, they would've been around a lot longer that's for sure.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #894215
09/18/16 09:18 PM
09/18/16 09:18 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I think no one has mentioned the Hong Kong Triads 14k, Sun Yee On and the Wo group, with tens of thousands members. They have also big influence in Chinatowns all over the world.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #895093
09/27/16 01:07 PM
09/27/16 01:07 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
italy is so anti-mafia that it couldn't wiped out mafia groups lol they are so strong that survived tons of indictments, there are anti-mafia blitzes almost daily in italy... i think only a dictatorship can defeat the mafia in fact mussolini weakened the mafia very much

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: Hollander] #895094
09/27/16 01:08 PM
09/27/16 01:08 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Hollander
I think no one has mentioned the Hong Kong Triads 14k, Sun Yee On and the Wo group, with tens of thousands members. They have also big influence in Chinatowns all over the world.

i mentioned the triads they are sure on the top 5

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #895097
09/27/16 01:49 PM
09/27/16 01:49 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
italy is so anti-mafia that it couldn't wiped out mafia groups lol they are so strong that survived tons of indictments, there are anti-mafia blitzes almost daily in italy... i think only a dictatorship can defeat the mafia in fact mussolini weakened the mafia very much

Even Falcone praised Cesare Mori aka The Iron Prefect, for being the first man to successfully combat the Mafia.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: m2w] #895147
09/28/16 08:43 AM
09/28/16 08:43 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

Like i said before,in Italy you are guilty until its proven otherwise,so a lot of arrested in that blitzes get released.

People are afraid to buy property seized from the mafia,so its bought by the mafia and returned to the original owners as soon as they are released from prison.

Last edited by Strax; 09/28/16 08:44 AM.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: BillyBrizzi] #895261
09/29/16 01:05 PM
09/29/16 01:05 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
Even Falcone praised Cesare Mori aka The Iron Prefect, for being the first man to successfully combat the Mafia.

under a doctatorship there are not regular trials mafiosi just are caught and imprisoned even without any valid proof... being italy a democratic country mafiosi are put under investigation but they got all the advantages, they have the best lawyers, they are often released before the sentence after 1 year in custody, on parole and all that shit

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #895488
10/02/16 03:29 AM
10/02/16 03:29 AM
S
SmearyGoose1768 Offline
Made Member
SmearyGoose1768  Offline
S
Made Member
This is a shit thread because there are so many factors that go in that doesn't reflect other organized crime groups. But I think the Italian groups and Mexican cartels are currently the most powerful in their countries compared to other COs. I currently don't know much about other COs but the influence and reach o the Mexican cartels make them one of the top COs in the world. Especially the Sinaloa Cartel.

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #895490
10/02/16 03:58 AM
10/02/16 03:58 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Can't argue with Sinaloa for number one, they actually appear to be in class by themselves right now....

Re: Most Powerful CO in the world [Re: FireHawk] #895493
10/02/16 04:37 AM
10/02/16 04:37 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The Solntsevskaya Brotherhood with about 10.000 members is also in the top.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull