GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 55 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 54 55
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #888979
07/30/16 12:34 AM
07/30/16 12:34 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
You are actually going to continuously post that, why not just ignore it

"This will be on the 10 dollar bill in 50 years, after Michelle has served her two terms as president."

Don't drink the bong water

It's those kind of posts that make me think OakAsFan is just a troll who doesn't really believe what he's saying. Nobody is that delusional.

Am I making you mad little boy? This has been a bad week for you, hasn't it? Your political opponents have a positive message that is resonating throughout the country. It's like kryptonite to you. I'm enjoying your melt downs. You're like a kid stomping and crying because nobody will take you seriously. Keep doing it, please. It's fun to watch.

What "positive message" is that, shit-for-brains? Your party rigged the system so Hillary could beat Crazy Bernie. Then they parade a bunch of degenerates and scumbags on stage, including mothers of criminals who attacked cops (forgot to mention them earlier.) You have Obama get up there and tell us that Hillary is the "most qualified" to be president and yet just 8 years ago one of his ads said "she'd say anything and do nothing." What's changed since then? These aren't meltdowns. There correct observations you have no answer to.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: IvyLeague] #888981
07/30/16 12:39 AM
07/30/16 12:39 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You are actually going to continuously post that, why not just ignore it

"This will be on the 10 dollar bill in 50 years, after Michelle has served her two terms as president."

Don't drink the bong water

It's those kind of posts that make me think OakAsFan is just a troll who doesn't really believe what he's saying. Nobody is that delusional.

Am I making you mad little boy? This has been a bad week for you, hasn't it? Your political opponents have a positive message that is resonating throughout the country. It's like kryptonite to you. I'm enjoying your melt downs. You're like a kid stomping and crying because nobody will take you seriously. Keep doing it, please. It's fun to watch.

What "positive message" is that, shit-for-brains? Your party rigged the system so Hillary could beat Crazy Bernie. Then they parade a bunch of degenerates and scumbags on stage, including mothers of criminals who attacked cops (forgot to mention them earlier.) You have Obama get up there and tell us that Hillary is the "most qualified" to be president and yet just 8 years ago one of his ads said "she'd say anything and do nothing." What's changed since then? These aren't meltdowns. There correct observations you have no answer to.

Your anger makes me smile. Please, don't stop. Ever.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #888991
07/30/16 07:53 AM
07/30/16 07:53 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
^ C U Next Tuesday! She needs to go. What kind of woman lets her douchebag husband humiliate her in front of the world? When push comes to shove, it will be like the Sopranos episode when Phil threatens Lorraine the first time around. But because of her husbands previous affairs, Putin knows she doesnt know how to suck a dick and he would just shoot her. She's weak and useless. Just like her supporters. Let's continue to send our kids to college for useless degrees. Don't worry about student loan debt because now four year degrees will be paid for. By who?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #888994
07/30/16 08:21 AM
07/30/16 08:21 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
[quote=thedudeabides87]
Why do you have one of the most iconic stoner movie characters ever in your profile pic while having such a nerdy attitude toward weed in general? You seem very confused.

Nerdy? I support legalization and between you and me in my apt my brother has weed and get this a bong, I have never called the police madness I know.

I choose not to smoke and I have reasons so no I am not confused. You seem to be a little confused about how someone can make personal choices and not condemn a lifestyle.

I do appreciate that you found good in a positive message since a little while back you would not condemn violence against individuals going to a Trump rally just attempted to find a moral equivalent, you've come a long way. But that will never be on the 10 dollar bill and will be more than likely forgotten in 50 years.

"Don't drink the bong water" is a quote from Joe Dirt.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #888998
07/30/16 10:33 AM
07/30/16 10:33 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Dino,
Nice rant. You threw everything at me...even Al Sharpton?
You sounded like the late Sam Kinison.
"You really seem to care.About what I have no idea."

You express a very limited viewpoint and perspective.

I am trying to figure out the scenarios where a "White" guy whose family has been here for generations would have welfare recipients of another race in his circle or on his radar.

Only one that makes sense is if you own property and rent to "sistas on welfare" but then you wouldn't be biting the hand that feeds you.

The other scenarios involve you working or living among the poorest of the poor which would partially explain your limited scope of Black people. Would also explain some of the anger you've shown in this thread.

Gotta ask yourself, who are you really angry at....these lowlife Black people that you mentioned, or at the life choices you've made that seemingly puts you in such close contact with them?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: IvyLeague] #889002
07/30/16 11:22 AM
07/30/16 11:22 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Just because something is passed in my state, it doesn't necessarily mean it passes muster with me. If I marched to the tune of everything Utah does I'd be a Republican. Anyway, I'm definitely for mandatory minimums, especially because we have too many judges who give slaps on the wrist. And I have no problem with drug users I'm prison, especially if they're repeat offenders. I've worked with people going through drug court, and treatment can be a valid option the first time around, but sometimes they need a wake up call.

And I do blame liberals in the overall sense of them being weaker on crime and the ones usually wanting drugs legalized.

ok. The thing is, prohibition didn't work and prison sentences or mand. min as a deterrent has not worked.

I don't think we have to throw up our hands and give up, but the measures used in the past haven't worked...if the aim was to curb, reduce or eliminate alcohol or drug use.That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Utah is hardly a liberal stronghold, so when you start seeing states like that revising their sentencing policies, that's an indication that the old policies aren't working.

I mentioned in the "Heroin overdose" thread in another section of the board that it was easy to convince society to "lock them away and throw away the key" when the public face of drug users was Black/Brown people in the ghetto. Drug use has permeated all segments of society in a very public way. Harder to convince the general public to "lock them all up for good" when the faces reflect people they can relate to. Again, this is not just my opinion. People have been OD'ing on heroin for decades. The purity is stronger now and the zip codes of the victims are different, so the L.E. response is different. Cops in the tri-state area (NY,NJ,CT) carry heroin rescue kits now.
I made a joke that the Don of Detroit from the GF was wrong!!!

There is going to be more and more public support for the reduction of drug sentences as the public face of drug users changes.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889005
07/30/16 11:27 AM
07/30/16 11:27 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Ivy you realize people are able to separate their politics from their religion, right? Not everyone is so scared of "liberal fags."

Last edited by mightyhealthy; 07/30/16 11:28 AM.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: blueracing347] #889013
07/30/16 12:53 PM
07/30/16 12:53 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: blueracing347
^ C U Next Tuesday! She needs to go. What kind of woman lets her douchebag husband humiliate her in front of the world? When push comes to shove, it will be like the Sopranos episode when Phil threatens Lorraine the first time around. But because of her husbands previous affairs, Putin knows she doesnt know how to suck a dick and he would just shoot her. She's weak and useless. Just like her supporters. Let's continue to send our kids to college for useless degrees. Don't worry about student loan debt because now four year degrees will be paid for. By who?

Ah, another uneducated hater trying to demean people with degrees in order to feel better about themselves. It's nobody's fault but your own that your life sucks, except maybe your parents. Stop blaming Hillary, Obama, and people that went to college for your problems. It's pathetic.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 07/30/16 12:57 PM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: thedudeabides87] #889014
07/30/16 01:01 PM
07/30/16 01:01 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
[quote=thedudeabides87]
Why do you have one of the most iconic stoner movie characters ever in your profile pic while having such a nerdy attitude toward weed in general? You seem very confused.

Nerdy? I support legalization and between you and me in my apt my brother has weed and get this a bong, I have never called the police madness I know.

I choose not to smoke and I have reasons so no I am not confused. You seem to be a little confused about how someone can make personal choices and not condemn a lifestyle.

I do appreciate that you found good in a positive message since a little while back you would not condemn violence against individuals going to a Trump rally just attempted to find a moral equivalent, you've come a long way. But that will never be on the 10 dollar bill and will be more than likely forgotten in 50 years.

"Don't drink the bong water" is a quote from Joe Dirt.

Why do you keep telling me about your brother? Do you have some kind of family issues you're trying to resolve in here, or something?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889015
07/30/16 01:05 PM
07/30/16 01:05 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Oak is trying to devolve this into a 7th grade level peer pressure name calling contest. "You support legalization of weed but you're not a pot head? Well your a nerd!! Ha ha nerd!" "Only nerds read books". Haha

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 07/30/16 01:05 PM.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: SoCalGangs] #889017
07/30/16 01:10 PM
07/30/16 01:10 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
Oak is trying to devolve this into a 7th grade level peer pressure name calling contest. "You support legalization of weed but you're not a pot head? Well your a nerd!! Ha ha nerd!" "Only nerds read books". Haha

Bringing back painful memories?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: getthesenets] #889020
07/30/16 01:27 PM
07/30/16 01:27 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Just because something is passed in my state, it doesn't necessarily mean it passes muster with me. If I marched to the tune of everything Utah does I'd be a Republican. Anyway, I'm definitely for mandatory minimums, especially because we have too many judges who give slaps on the wrist. And I have no problem with drug users I'm prison, especially if they're repeat offenders. I've worked with people going through drug court, and treatment can be a valid option the first time around, but sometimes they need a wake up call.

And I do blame liberals in the overall sense of them being weaker on crime and the ones usually wanting drugs legalized.

ok. The thing is, prohibition didn't work and prison sentences or mand. min as a deterrent has not worked.

I don't think we have to throw up our hands and give up, but the measures used in the past haven't worked...if the aim was to curb, reduce or eliminate alcohol or drug use.That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Utah is hardly a liberal stronghold, so when you start seeing states like that revising their sentencing policies, that's an indication that the old policies aren't working.

I mentioned in the "Heroin overdose" thread in another section of the board that it was easy to convince society to "lock them away and throw away the key" when the public face of drug users was Black/Brown people in the ghetto. Drug use has permeated all segments of society in a very public way. Harder to convince the general public to "lock them all up for good" when the faces reflect people they can relate to. Again, this is not just my opinion. People have been OD'ing on heroin for decades. The purity is stronger now and the zip codes of the victims are different, so the L.E. response is different. Cops in the tri-state area (NY,NJ,CT) carry heroin rescue kits now.
I made a joke that the Don of Detroit from the GF was wrong!!!

There is going to be more and more public support for the reduction of drug sentences as the public face of drug users changes.

You're coming from a purely deterrence standpoint. That's a secondary concern to me. My primary concern is about justice. Like when people argue that the death penalty isn't a deterrence for crime (and that's debatable). Whether it is or isn't, putting a murderer to death is justice.

And once again, prohibition hasn't worked because it hasn't been enforced right. Like I said, you start wiping out those involved in the drug trade both here and elsewhere, you'll see a difference. But people don't have the stomach for it and you'd have the usual suspects (liberals) gravitating towards criminals, as they've always done, and whining about their rights, us becoming a police state, or other BS. As if the scourge of drugs, or legalized drugs, is somehow more preferable.

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Ivy you realize people are able to separate their politics from their religion, right? Not everyone is so scared of "liberal fags."

I realize one can't do that and still be morally or intellectually consistent. It's why I take self-professed Christians to task when they're pro-abortion or pro-gay marriage. If you claim to believe and worship one way but then go vote another, you're a hypocrite who's religion doesn't mean that much no matter how much mental gymnastics you use to justify it.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #889021
07/30/16 01:29 PM
07/30/16 01:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Your anger makes me smile. Please, don't stop. Ever.

I don't care enough about you to be angry. You're an annoyance. And I'm still not convinced whether you really are just another stupid liberal who's amoral enough to vote for Hillary Clinton or a troll who's putting on an act because he has nothing better to do.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: IvyLeague] #889022
07/30/16 01:56 PM
07/30/16 01:56 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

1)You're coming from a purely deterrence standpoint. That's a secondary concern to me. My primary concern is about justice. Like when people argue that the death penalty isn't a deterrence for crime (and that's debatable). Whether it is or isn't, putting a murderer to death is justice.

And once again, prohibition hasn't worked because it hasn't been enforced right. Like I said, you start wiping out those involved in the drug trade both here and elsewhere, you'll see a difference. But people don't have the stomach for it and you'd have the usual suspects (liberals) gravitating towards criminals, as they've always done, and whining about their rights, us becoming a police state, or other BS. As if the scourge of drugs, or legalized drugs, is somehow more preferable.

2)I realize one can't do that and still be morally or intellectually consistent. It's why I take self-professed Christians to task when they're pro-abortion or pro-gay marriage. If you claim to believe and worship one way but then go vote another, you're a hypocrite who's religion doesn't mean that much no matter how much mental gymnastics you use to justify it.

1)No, prohibition of alcohol failed because people are going to drink alcohol no matter what the govt. does. Drug policy is failing because people are going to procure and use drugs no matter what the govt. does.

In countries where people can be executed for possession....people still try to procure and use drugs. It's impractical to think that you can eliminate the desire for drugs by squeezing out the dealers or the distribution channels. What about prescription drug abuse?

2)
Ivy,
I know a few people who are Mormons but do not know the intricacies of what the tenets of that faith are, but I know that you've explicitly says that it falls under the umbrella of Christianity.
I do understand Christianity in general, and your tone, your choice of words, the manner which you debate people here are NOT Christian-like. How do you speak about moral consistency with a straight face after having carried yourself the way you do here?

Also...there's a difference between living by a certain set of beliefs and thinking that EVERYBODY else has to live by those beliefs.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: getthesenets] #889024
07/30/16 02:12 PM
07/30/16 02:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

1)You're coming from a purely deterrence standpoint. That's a secondary concern to me. My primary concern is about justice. Like when people argue that the death penalty isn't a deterrence for crime (and that's debatable). Whether it is or isn't, putting a murderer to death is justice.

2)I realize one can't do that and still be morally or intellectually consistent. It's why I take self-professed Christians to task when they're pro-abortion or pro-gay marriage. If you claim to believe and worship one way but then go vote another, you're a hypocrite who's religion doesn't mean that much no matter how much mental gymnastics you use to justify it.

1)No, prohibition of alcohol failed because people are going to drink alcohol no matter what the govt. does. Drug policy is failing because people are going to procure and use drugs no matter what the govt. does.

In countries where people can be executed for possession....people still try to procure and use drugs. It's impractical to think that you can eliminate the desire for drugs by squeezing out the dealers or the distribution channels. What about prescription drug abuse?

2)
Ivy,
I know a few people who are Mormons but do not know the intricacies of what the tenets of that faith are, but I know that you've explicitly says that it falls under the umbrella of Christianity.
I do understand Christianity in general, and your tone, your choice of words, the manner which you debate people here are NOT Christian-like. How do you speak about moral consistency with a straight face after having carried yourself the way you do here?

Also...there's a difference between living by a certain set of beliefs and thinking that EVERYBODY else has to live by those beliefs.

Will there always be some who try to sell or buy drugs? Of course. But I believe swiftly executing drug traffickers on a wide scale would stop most of the trade.

This might surprise you but one can be hard on crime, justice-oriented, and speak out harshly against things that are evil while being Christian.

You're not the first person on these forums to take a rather simplistic approach when it comes to Christianity. For example, when I've advocated being tough on crime in the past, it's not been uncommon for someone to say, "Well wait, wasn't Jesus all about mercy and forgiveness?" Of course, going with that logic, we may as well do away with all police, courts, and prisons and every criminal gets automatic forgiveness. As if mercy can rob justice. Of course, these people miss the point of Christianity completely. They're often the ones who think that, because Jesus was "nice," that must mean He is OK with whatever you do.

Now, that said, I'll admit I let my temper get the better of me at times and don't always use the language I should. But it gets tiring seeing where this country is going and how many "call good evil and evil good."

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/30/16 02:22 PM.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #889025
07/30/16 02:44 PM
07/30/16 02:44 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

Why do you keep telling me about your brother? Do you have some kind of family issues you're trying to resolve in here, or something?

First time I mentioned him you personally 2nd time ever, Gets was the last first time. Gets this you?

I have a perfectly good relationship with him, we live together no problems thank you for the concern

You crack me up troll I answered you question and you come with some troll remark go play in traffic.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 07/30/16 02:47 PM.

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: IvyLeague] #889026
07/30/16 02:57 PM
07/30/16 02:57 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

First, I don't know why I'm obligated to comment on the Jeffs situation. Just because I dont comment, don't assume I'm avoiding anything. In hindsight, maybe I should have so I could correct your assumptions in that thread rather than you bringing it up here. And this isn't the first time you've played that card. In other threads you have brought up the Mormon Church as some kind of counterpoint when it's usually been irrelevant. If you got something to say, say it, but at least have your facts right.

Second, the contempt I have is for straight Democratic ticket voters, whatever color they are and what Obama was calling for in his DNC speech. Especially those who whine about Trump but then have the nerve to turn around and vote for someone even worse.

Ivy,

I can count numerous times when you make comments about what"Blacks" SHOULD be doing, or questioning why "Blacks" vote this way or that way or "blindly follow" Obama.

When you make numerous comments patronizing or questioning what "other groups" do, people assume that you have as much "expertise" about your group as you seemingly have about others. If I made multiple posts about what Utahns are doing wrong, when threads or topic involving New Jersey came up, people would be waiting so hear my take...and would notice if I didn't comment.

Your contempt towards Blacks is obvious, and you are entitled to feel however you want...but you are infinitely more knowledgeable about the groups you identify as than "Blacks"...so every once in a while I just ask a question to see if you're as forthright in your opinion about your group as you are of others. When you are not, makes your opinions about others seem hollow.

You can believe I have contempt for all blacks if you want but it's not the case. And it hasn't been my intention to come across that way. I work with several black people and get along with them fine.

Its liberals I have contempt for and that's why I've taken many blacks to task on voting for Democrats. Especially when most of them are Christian and so much of the Democrat party platform goes against that. And, no, I do not accept the explanation you gave for why this is so. It's hypocritical to worship one way on Sunday and then vote the opposite later that week.

But I say the same thing about white liberal Christians. Especially those who have thrown out one piece of doctrine after another to keep up with the times and be politically correct.

The only reason you get along with the blacks u work with is because you're scared to tell them how you really feel about them

There ain't enough blacks in Utah for you to know what black people are doing or how they think

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: thedudeabides87] #889030
07/30/16 03:11 PM
07/30/16 03:11 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

First time I mentioned him you personally 2nd time ever, Gets was the last first time. Gets this you?

absolutely not me. I'm one in a million..which means that there are 1,000 people like me in China. smile

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: getthesenets] #889032
07/30/16 03:18 PM
07/30/16 03:18 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

absolutely not me.

Didn't think so

I'm one in a million..which means that there are 1,000 people like me in China. smile

lol

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #889036
07/30/16 04:01 PM
07/30/16 04:01 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs

Bringing back painful memories?

Not at all. You're the one on here trying to inflict your past traumas through a forum. You're the kind of geek and coward to run behind the teacher in school when you mouth gets you into trouble. What kind of man cries to a moderator and hits report when someone accuses him of something. LoL

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: IvyLeague] #889037
07/30/16 04:18 PM
07/30/16 04:18 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Will there always be some who try to sell or buy drugs? Of course. But I believe swiftly executing drug traffickers on a wide scale would stop most of the trade.

This might surprise you but one can be hard on crime, justice-oriented, and speak out harshly against things that are evil while being Christian.

You're not the first person on these forums to take a rather simplistic approach when it comes to Christianity. For example, when I've advocated being tough on crime in the past, it's not been uncommon for someone to say, "Well wait, wasn't Jesus all about mercy and forgiveness?" Of course, going with that logic, we may as well do away with all police, courts, and prisons and every criminal gets automatic forgiveness. As if mercy can rob justice. Of course, these people miss the point of Christianity completely. They're often the ones who think that, because Jesus was "nice," that must mean He is OK with whatever you do.

Now, that said, I'll admit I let my temper get the better of me at times and don't always use the language I should. But it gets tiring seeing where this country is going and how many "call good evil and evil good."

If capital punishment is going to be used for crimes there a few that go before drug dealing...namely the violation of kids and women.

Death penalty will never be used strictly for drug dealing offenses here and even saying that is an option is unrealistic and a waste of time.

Americans tend to be practical people so we'll explore other options as we alter the current failing drug laws.

And completely not attempting to be sacrilegious, what alcohol gets banned? Does wine get banned?*

*you get the reference.

I respect your comments about use of language.

Not once did you read me write that being hard on crime, speaking out for justice, or speaking against things that are "evil" are not Christian-like.
My comments are about different things than what others may have pointed out in the past.

Different denominations, theological schools of thought, individual interpretations, and even different versions and translations of the Book that ties it all together, BUT I was taught that the way a person lives,thinks and carries himself is what defines him as a Christian.

I respect people of any faith who try to stay true to what their version of the truth is, so I can respect Christians who stand up for their beliefs.

The thing is, I live in a metro area with people of all different backgrounds, faiths or not, political views or not. People around here work and live among other decent human beings who have different sets of personal beliefs than they do. More important that they are decent human beings and good citizens than what they believe or don't. I think that's why you'll find a more liberal progressive slant in some of these diverse areas. Voting in ways that don't limit the life choices of other decent human beings don't prevent or preclude you from living by your own personal or religious code.

I'm not sure that believers in the "Bible belt" are more devout or devoted than believers in major metro areas, but I think the diverse populations and experiences influence the differences in voting patterns.

I've also written that, if a person is truly....truly against evil and religious inconsistency..you cannot overlook the history of these major religious denominations during the 20th century and the fight against legal discrimination. It's all documented..the stances or silence that these Christian organizations took when children of God were fighting against actual evil. You seem to think that this is irrelevant, but it absolutely is. In that era and before then, the governing bodies of these religious groups were completely inconsistent with the spirit of Christianity and it's on the public record. Hard to argue against that,Ivy. Lot of fake Christians in the history of this country and more importantly, people who were NOT decent human beings

. And like I wrote before, these things would definitely have an impact on people voting to not restrict the freedoms/rights of other decent human beings while living by their own set of beliefs.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889038
07/30/16 04:29 PM
07/30/16 04:29 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Mormons welcomed slavery into their state. Also, pretty sure Joseph Smith instituted polygamy because he felt like fucking tons of women.

True Christains.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889039
07/30/16 04:37 PM
07/30/16 04:37 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
At the end of the day, Ivy, your views all stem from a (ridiculous) book.

People that view gays as "degenerates" just aren't worth debating. There is no room for counter arguments because of how your views are formed.

I mean, look at your discussion of the penal system. You call it "justice." Justice is subjective -- you understand that, right? Your opinion on what Justice is, and isn't, is just that -- your opinion. You want harsher sentences not for results or practiciality or rehabilitation, but because YOU think it is deserved. Well, wup-de-fucking-doo. It isn't just up to you. People have differing beliefs. This is decided by laws based a democratic mandate. You and your six million Mormon weirdos can voice your opinion. The other 300 plus million will voice theirs. You won't win. Sorry!

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889041
07/30/16 04:49 PM
07/30/16 04:49 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
On the Mormons when Sandy hit there was a big truck full of Mormons trying to clean up right near my daughter beach front house in Bell Harbour.

I did not see a truck load of gays there trying to help anybody.

Maybe they left before I got there.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889042
07/30/16 04:54 PM
07/30/16 04:54 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Gays dont need to be in a truckload together to help people. They are integrated with the community. Fucking nonsense.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889044
07/30/16 06:24 PM
07/30/16 06:24 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I still missed all the gays helping maybe they were too busy fucking

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889045
07/30/16 06:45 PM
07/30/16 06:45 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
What a shock. Footreads is talking about gay sex again. His favorite topic.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #889046
07/30/16 06:47 PM
07/30/16 06:47 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Does Ivy really live in Utah? Popular destination for recovering addicts, born again types.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: cookcounty] #889050
07/30/16 08:58 PM
07/30/16 08:58 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

First, I don't know why I'm obligated to comment on the Jeffs situation. Just because I dont comment, don't assume I'm avoiding anything. In hindsight, maybe I should have so I could correct your assumptions in that thread rather than you bringing it up here. And this isn't the first time you've played that card. In other threads you have brought up the Mormon Church as some kind of counterpoint when it's usually been irrelevant. If you got something to say, say it, but at least have your facts right.

Second, the contempt I have is for straight Democratic ticket voters, whatever color they are and what Obama was calling for in his DNC speech. Especially those who whine about Trump but then have the nerve to turn around and vote for someone even worse.

Ivy,

I can count numerous times when you make comments about what"Blacks" SHOULD be doing, or questioning why "Blacks" vote this way or that way or "blindly follow" Obama.

When you make numerous comments patronizing or questioning what "other groups" do, people assume that you have as much "expertise" about your group as you seemingly have about others. If I made multiple posts about what Utahns are doing wrong, when threads or topic involving New Jersey came up, people would be waiting so hear my take...and would notice if I didn't comment.

Your contempt towards Blacks is obvious, and you are entitled to feel however you want...but you are infinitely more knowledgeable about the groups you identify as than "Blacks"...so every once in a while I just ask a question to see if you're as forthright in your opinion about your group as you are of others. When you are not, makes your opinions about others seem hollow.

You can believe I have contempt for all blacks if you want but it's not the case. And it hasn't been my intention to come across that way. I work with several black people and get along with them fine.

Its liberals I have contempt for and that's why I've taken many blacks to task on voting for Democrats. Especially when most of them are Christian and so much of the Democrat party platform goes against that. And, no, I do not accept the explanation you gave for why this is so. It's hypocritical to worship one way on Sunday and then vote the opposite later that week.

But I say the same thing about white liberal Christians. Especially those who have thrown out one piece of doctrine after another to keep up with the times and be politically correct.

The only reason you get along with the blacks u work with is because you're scared to tell them how you really feel about them

There ain't enough blacks in Utah for you to know what black people are doing or how they think

I get along with the ones I work with because they're NOT like you. You do realize, cook, you're a classic example of the stereotypical black. Fortunately, they're not all like that.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: mightyhealthy] #889051
07/30/16 09:12 PM
07/30/16 09:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

If capital punishment is going to be used for crimes there a few that go before drug dealing...namely the violation of kids and women.

Death penalty will never be used strictly for drug dealing offenses here and even saying that is an option is unrealistic and a waste of time.

Americans tend to be practical people so we'll explore other options as we alter the current failing drug laws.

And completely not attempting to be sacrilegious, what alcohol gets banned? Does wine get banned?*

*you get the reference.

I respect your comments about use of language.

Not once did you read me write that being hard on crime, speaking out for justice, or speaking against things that are "evil" are not Christian-like.
My comments are about different things than what others may have pointed out in the past.

Different denominations, theological schools of thought, individual interpretations, and even different versions and translations of the Book that ties it all together, BUT I was taught that the way a person lives,thinks and carries himself is what defines him as a Christian.

I respect people of any faith who try to stay true to what their version of the truth is, so I can respect Christians who stand up for their beliefs.

The thing is, I live in a metro area with people of all different backgrounds, faiths or not, political views or not. People around here work and live among other decent human beings who have different sets of personal beliefs than they do. More important that they are decent human beings and good citizens than what they believe or don't. I think that's why you'll find a more liberal progressive slant in some of these diverse areas. Voting in ways that don't limit the life choices of other decent human beings don't prevent or preclude you from living by your own personal or religious code.

I'm not sure that believers in the "Bible belt" are more devout or devoted than believers in major metro areas, but I think the diverse populations and experiences influence the differences in voting patterns.

I've also written that, if a person is truly....truly against evil and religious inconsistency..you cannot overlook the history of these major religious denominations during the 20th century and the fight against legal discrimination. It's all documented..the stances or silence that these Christian organizations took when children of God were fighting against actual evil. You seem to think that this is irrelevant, but it absolutely is. In that era and before then, the governing bodies of these religious groups were completely inconsistent with the spirit of Christianity and it's on the public record. Hard to argue against that,Ivy. Lot of fake Christians in the history of this country and more importantly, people who were NOT decent human beings

. And like I wrote before, these things would definitely have an impact on people voting to not restrict the freedoms/rights of other decent human beings while living by their own set of beliefs.

I agree as far as there being too much silence on the part of many Christians from slavery to segregation.

Mormons welcomed slavery into their state. Also, pretty sure Joseph Smith instituted polygamy because he felt like fucking tons of women.

True Christains.

There were approximately two dozen slaves in all the Utah territory. It was never really an issue here, before or after 1862.

And you're pulling nonsense out of your ass about the polygamy issue. Jumping to conclusions and/or simply regurgitating what you've heard.

At the end of the day, Ivy, your views all stem from a (ridiculous) book.

People that view gays as "degenerates" just aren't worth debating. There is no room for counter arguments because of how your views are formed.

I mean, look at your discussion of the penal system. You call it "justice." Justice is subjective -- you understand that, right? Your opinion on what Justice is, and isn't, is just that -- your opinion. You want harsher sentences not for results or practiciality or rehabilitation, but because YOU think it is deserved. Well, wup-de-fucking-doo. It isn't just up to you. People have differing beliefs. This is decided by laws based a democratic mandate. You and your six million Mormon weirdos can voice your opinion. The other 300 plus million will voice theirs. You won't win. Sorry!

It's funny how you assume 300 million people agree with you. And not all Mormons would agree with me. I'm not speaking for all them, much less the Church itself, when I talk about the criminal justice system and the drug trade.

And, since we both know how your views on the "ridiculous book" you speak of were formed - simply regurgitating what you've heard while never reading it yourself - there's no use even addressing your comment.

Page 13 of 55 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 54 55

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull