GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TheKillingJoke, Irishman12, RushStreet), 87 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,184
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 155 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #877347
03/04/16 12:59 PM
03/04/16 12:59 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
I think a lot of guys have only read about the NY mob, and they think the mafia STARTED THERE, and still revolves around NY, when it's always revolved around profit opportunity and power.....

They read about New York and Montreal and know that the history of the two is intertwined. They look at it from a different angle than the ones who are obsessed about this "Sixth Family".

That being said, I believe that the Bonannos washed their hands of Montreal after the Montagna affair. The city has turned into a hornet's nest. I think that the link with the Bonannos died with Rizzuto.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #877362
03/04/16 03:33 PM
03/04/16 03:33 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment
I am not the one being hostile. Your the one that starts off telling people they do not understand and come across like you know it all. Maybe if you engage in dialogue rather than critizing people you may be taken more serious.
There has been lately more journalists out there theorizing the Toronto angle mendling in Montrea's affairs. Costa in the article mentioned Canada. As far as I know Quebec hasn't separated yet. So it includes Montreal and Toronto. You dismiss journalists of the Journal de Montreal,La Presee and testimony from a turncoat in Calabria who by the way had a brother who was killed in Toronto and is well knowledged of what is going on in Canada.
I have no problems about you reaching a conclusion other than mine, I will respect that. What I ask is that you respect other people opinions as well.

I've only seen one article that puts forth the Toronto theory. And not for nothing, but Laurentian who is somewhat educated on the subject and I believe may be an author himself, found it somewhat unlikely as well. There just isn't enough out there to support it right now. I never once said "nah you're wrong", just that I personally found it unlikely, because as of right now, there isn't anything to support the theory. I haven't seen one Lapresse article that suggest s Toronto 'Ndrangheta takeover since Giordanos shooting. They mentioned Vittorio Mirarchi being a part of the Calabrian cell of the Montreal Mafia, and having strong support from Ontario. So because of that, he shouldnt be excluded from the "next up" conversation. But him becoming boss is unlikely in itself, hes still in prison waiting to face trial for the Sal Montagna murder, and is a part of Desjardins group, which isnt very popular these days amongst the Montreal Underworld. Nor have I seen an article from Journal De Montreal implying it either. And again, I agree with Costa, the Sicilians are no longer the predominant OC group in Canada, nor is the Montreal Mafia for that matter. Its arguably the 'Ndrangheta, however that doesn't mean Costa was saying that the 'Ndrangheta control Montreal.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877368
03/04/16 04:12 PM
03/04/16 04:12 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The name of the game is money. Perhaps I should have said the remains of the Buffalo Canadian faction. Vito Rizzuto made a lot of connections and did quite a bit of joint venture to start pipelines with other groups and families. Frank Cotroni had done the same thing from the mid 1980s until his death. There is a lot of money to be made in Montreal, and Montreal mobsters who went to prisons in the US, during the 1980s to the early 2000s, have been getting released since everything has been happening in Montreal since the late 2000s. These guys are forgotten by the journalists and Mafia leaders in Montreal, they have made connections while state side or a broad, with other gangs and crime families. Vito was strong cause a lot of incarcerated guy were still loyal to Vito, and passed a long information and joint ventures to their Captains.

I say different about Bonanno, Gambino, and Buffalo roles in Montreal. Salvatore Catalano is said by FBI agents, again by FBI agents that he had returned to Sicily, but that is not what immigration is saying. Salvatore goes back to Carmine Galante, and has a lot of strong connections that are overlooked in Montreal. Frank Cali of the Gambino family had a lot of connections before the bodies started to drop in Montreal, and still does, but this was before he was bumped up to Underboss, plus he maintains contact with Toronto. Finale there is Dante of Buffalo family who I at first thought had retired in 2006, but was still running the crew through his son, while he was meeting with other Canadian mafia leaders, notable those in Montreal. Dante family had and has more connections than Dom Italiano/Joe P crew.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #877370
03/04/16 04:18 PM
03/04/16 04:18 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
the Sicilians are no longer the predominant OC group in Canada, nor is the Montreal Mafia for that matter. Its arguably the 'Ndrangheta, however that doesn't mean Costa was saying that the 'Ndrangheta control Montreal.

Think this is a pretty accurate summation.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877376
03/04/16 05:12 PM
03/04/16 05:12 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Salvatore Catalano hasnt been mentioned through testimony, or prosecutors, or informants or FBI affidavits in ANY Bonanno cases in years. The FBI has a pretty good idea of the Bonanno hierarchy, and they've had such knowledge which accounted for multiple changes of guard, and Catalano has not been mentioned in any of them. There's been no mention in any trials of him having a crew or even being involved in any illegal activity within the last two decades, almost. I really don't think he has a hand in anything going on in Montreal, nor does he have enough current status, to "back" anyone. Just think about it, if he was active, his name wouldn't have come up by now in some investigations? Like at all? Any? Fat Tony Rabito was older and released the same year, and his name has come up multiple times in relation to Bonanno activity, just recently last year when he was being visited by Pallazolo, when Pallazolo was attempting to enlist some support against Cammarano Jr. Its been quiet for Catalano. Which is a rarity when it comes to Bonanno Family mob guys.

As said before , there's been no proof of Frank Cali's involvement with Montreal, Ontario? Yes. But none for Montreal. The last known Gambino/Montreal ties, I believe were Joe LoPresti, Nick Sr & Sciascia and the drug traffickers of the Gotti crew.

And Buffalo, is defunct. I'd be willing to consider all this information, if actual evidences, circumstantial or whatever are put forward, though.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/04/16 05:20 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: CabriniGreen] #877388
03/04/16 06:56 PM
03/04/16 06:56 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
I'm not speaking on Woolley, but the Bo-Gars or the next largest set under the Reds. The leader or high ranking member was killed ( the one who slap Woolley 2x) and a few others killed could seek revenge later on.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877396
03/04/16 09:53 PM
03/04/16 09:53 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
There is literally one paragraph in that article that alludes to some Toronto mobsters being arrested in Montreal over the holidays. The translation seems to be questioning if they were there to protect some of their interests after the arrests of Rizzuto, Sollecito, Cazzetta, Cavaliere and Wooley. But then gives the impression that even Montreal criminals think the crime in Montreal is from others outside of Toronto.

Leonardo Rizzuto & Stefano Sollecito ordered to remain behind bars until the end of their court proceedings, after failing to convince a judge that they'll refrain from criminal activity if released on bail. Stefano didnt physically attend latest bail hearing, he was present via video. Said to be suffering bad from cancer, apparently looks worse than he has before. Article below...

Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito, who were detained on 19 November, the day of the operation Magot who beheaded Montreal organized crime, failed to convince the judge to restore their liberty pending further proceedings.

Leonardo Rizzuto, 46, youngest son of the late Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito, 48, son of Rocco Sollecito, a former lieutenant of Vito Rizzuto, are accused of gangsterism and conspiracy to traffic cocaine. Rizzuto also faces counts of possession of a weapon and possession of cocaine.

After presiding ten-day survey released spaced during the months of January and February, the Daniel Bédard judge of the Court of Québec concluded that the two men have failed to shift the burden of proof , to ensure attendance at proceedings and to demonstrate that their release would not represent a danger to the public or would not affect the confidence of that public in the administration of justice.

A publication ban prevents us from disclosing the details of the evidence and testimony heard during the investigation. For health reasons, Stefano Sollecito has not moved to the courthouse in Montreal. He followed the hearing from his prison in videoconferencing. Visibly suffering, he got up several times during the hour and a quarter that Bédard judge has to make a very substantial judgment.

The magistrate took the opportunity to deplore the length of the survey release, "which is far from a procedure that wants expeditiously", he has said.

The Magot-Mastif operation was conducted by the Joint Regional squad of the Sûreté du Québec, in collaboration with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the SPVM. It resulted in the arrest of forty individuals whose criminal lawyer Loris Cavaliere, the leading member of the Hells Angels, Salvatore Cazzetta and gang leader Gregory Woolley.

A member of the Hells Angels Nomads Ontario, Carlos Fernandez, and members of the Reds, club supporter of the Hells Angels were also arrested. Cazzetta and Fernandez have also failed in their attempt to obtain their freedom while Gregory Woolley has not requested it.

Loris Cavaliere was released under heavy conditions, including that of remaining at home round the clock seven days a week.

The procedures were postponed to 15 March.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...ent-detenus.php

English version of article, all credits to Laurentian for being the first to post these over on the Black Hand forum.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/judge-denies-bail-for-alleged-montreal-mafia-kingpins

A Quebec Court justice denied bail Friday to reputed Montreal Mafia bosses Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito.

The men have been behind bars since Nov. 19, when they were arrested and subsequently charged with cocaine trafficking and gangsterism.

Rizzuto, the 46-year-old son of the late Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto, also faces weapons and cocaine possession charges. He seemed unfazed by Justice Daniel Bédard’s ruling, nodding and smiling to a group of men in the front row of the courtroom after hearing the decision.

The 48-year-old Sollecito — Vito Rizzuto’s former lieutenant — appeared via video conference from a detention centre. Sollecito is battling cancer and could be heard writhing in pain several times during the proceedings.

Bédard presided over bail hearings for 10 days, hearing arguments from Crown prosecutors and defence attorneys before handing down his ruling. The defence’s arguments did not meet the burden of proof required to show their clients’ release wouldn’t present a danger to the public or undermine the public’s confidence in the judicial system.

The bail hearing came three days after Mafia member Lorenzo Giordano was shot to death Tuesday morning in a Laval parking lot. Giordano was part of an interim leadership committee that ran the Rizzuto clan in the early 2000s.

He’d been released from prison only months earlier after serving most of a 15-year sentence for gangsterism.

The execution of a former Rizzuto enforcer, according to Mafia experts, is indicative of a new period of instability within the mob. Since Vito Rizzuto died of cancer in 2013, there’s been a power vacuum in Montreal’s underworld, with rival factions vying for control of the city’s lucrative drug trade.

Rizzuto and Sollecito were rounded up along 44 others on Nov. 19 as part of the Sûreté du Québec’s Project Magot investigation. The raid dealt a serious blow to the Mafia, removing its leadership.

Defence attorney Loris Cavaliere, 61, was also scooped up in the raid, but has since been released on bail.

Police say the raid also hurt the Hells Angels and street gangs, according to police, who say they’ve established links between the three groups. The Montreal police and RCMP collaborated in the investigation, which began in January 2013.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/04/16 11:45 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #877546
03/06/16 08:47 PM
03/06/16 08:47 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
The funeral-home visitation for Lorenzo Giordano will be at the Rizzuto-owned Complexe funéraire Loreto http://www.complexeloreto.com/avis-de-deces.php?action=view&id=2142

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877548
03/06/16 09:23 PM
03/06/16 09:23 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Hmm,possible sign he was still a Rizzuto ally?

Actually, Anti, do you have any idea whom is the proprietor of the funeral home now, and how deep or strong is their current Rizzuto affiliation? I know its commonly said that the home is Rizzuto owned and I've always believed it was. But I wonder if they just cater to anyone willing to pay for service as opposed to having a specific alignment either way.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/06/16 09:29 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877585
03/07/16 11:18 AM
03/07/16 11:18 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
^^^^
It's not a question of rumours--the Registraire des entreprises in Quebec is a business registry for the province that allows you to search for corporate information for numbered companies.

Below is a link to an Evernote item I created on September 1, 2012:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/9...d5cdc90e856ad86

Below is a link to an Evernote item I created today from four separate Evernote notes also created today. That is, I merged the notes into one:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/5...6ccfb3affab1c94

Compare the earlier item from 2012 with the most recent one from today.

Freddy Ruscitti has long been listed in the corporate information for the business entities for the funeral homes owned by Rizzuto family members, going as far back as when the funeral home was still on Beaubien in St. Leonard (St-Léonard). I don't believe Ruscitti is either Sicilian or Calabrian, as the surname is distinctly from the Abruzzo region.

As to what Giordano's funeral-home visitation at the Loreto means, I don't know how to interpret such facts anymore. Frank Cotroni's visitation was there in 2004; the visitation for Giuseppe De Vito's murdered daughters was held there in 2009; and the visitation for De Vito himself was held there.

Posters may recall the kerfuffle when the imprisoned Raynald Desjardins requested and received a letter from Ruscitti shortly after Jos Di Maulo's death that stated the Di Maulo family had never asked for Di Maulo's visitation to be held at the Loreto, nor that the Loreto had refused the Di Maulos' desire for visitation to be held there. Writing in La Presse, David Santerre reported that the Di Maulo family's choice to have the visitation at the Magnus Poirier home was interpreted by some observers (of organized crime) as a reflection of tensions between the Rizzuto crime group and the deceased Di Maulo's associates. See http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...s-tensions.php.

Those in the Montreal area who are regular folk and happen to be paesani of the Rizzutos do not have a choice when making funeral arrangements in advance or upon the death of a relative--as far as the selection of the funeral home goes, the visitation has to be at the Loreto. End of story. I'm beginning to wonder, when the Rizzuto organization has held sway all these decades, whether there has been some similar underworld protocol for the funeral-home visitation with respect to Italian crime figures in, or associated with, the Montreal Mafia--regardless of tensions.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877605
03/07/16 04:00 PM
03/07/16 04:00 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: antimafia
^^^^
It's not a question of rumours--the Registraire des entreprises in Quebec is a business registry for the province that allows you to search for corporate information for numbered companies.

Below is a link to an Evernote item I created on September 1, 2012:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/9...d5cdc90e856ad86

Below is a link to an Evernote item I created today from four separate Evernote notes also created today. That is, I merged the notes into one:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/5...6ccfb3affab1c94

Compare the earlier item from 2012 with the most recent one from today.

Freddy Ruscitti has long been listed in the corporate information for the business entities for the funeral homes owned by Rizzuto family members, going as far back as when the funeral home was still on Beaubien in St. Leonard (St-Léonard). I don't believe Ruscitti is either Sicilian or Calabrian, as the surname is distinctly from the Abruzzo region.

As to what Giordano's funeral-home visitation at the Loreto means, I don't know how to interpret such facts anymore. Frank Cotroni's visitation was there in 2004; the visitation for Giuseppe De Vito's murdered daughters was held there in 2009; and the visitation for De Vito himself was held there.

Posters may recall the kerfuffle when the imprisoned Raynald Desjardins requested and received a letter from Ruscitti shortly after Jos Di Maulo's death that stated the Di Maulo family had never asked for Di Maulo's visitation to be held at the Loreto, nor that the Loreto had refused the Di Maulos' desire for visitation to be held there. Writing in La Presse, David Santerre reported that the Di Maulo family's choice to have the visitation at the Magnus Poirier home was interpreted by some observers (of organized crime) as a reflection of tensions between the Rizzuto crime group and the deceased Di Maulo's associates. See http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...s-tensions.php.

Those in the Montreal area who are regular folk and happen to be paesani of the Rizzutos do not have a choice when making funeral arrangements in advance or upon the death of a relative--as far as the selection of the funeral home goes, the visitation has to be at the Loreto. End of story. I'm beginning to wonder, when the Rizzuto organization has held sway all these decades, whether there has been some similar underworld protocol for the funeral-home visitation with respect to Italian crime figures in, or associated with, the Montreal Mafia--regardless of tensions.

Thats how I'm thinking as well.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #877606
03/07/16 04:21 PM
03/07/16 04:21 PM
F
faffy444 Offline
Made Member
faffy444  Offline
F
Made Member
giacomo vacari
who is dante of the buffalo family ?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877677
03/08/16 12:48 PM
03/08/16 12:48 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Lorenzo LoPresti's visitation was held there as well even though he had betrayed the Rizzutos by siding with Montagna.

And I wonder whether De Vito had any say over where his daughter's visitation would be held since he was hiding out in Toronto. Also, I remember that you stated that you found some evidence that De Vito and Vito Rizzuto had reconciliated before De Vito's death.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #877707
03/08/16 05:43 PM
03/08/16 05:43 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Lorenzo LoPresti's visitation was held there as well even though he had betrayed the Rizzutos by siding with Montagna.

And I wonder whether De Vito had any say over where his daughter's visitation would be held since he was hiding out in Toronto. Also, I remember that you stated that you found some evidence that De Vito and Vito Rizzuto had reconciliated before De Vito's death.

Lo Presti's visitation at the Loreto is yet another headscratcher. I didn't find Emilio Cordileone's visitation there to be puzzling except at first--I just think that a lot of the crime reporters and authors in Quebec have wrongly guessed, as we posters do all the time here and elsewhere, who in the Montreal Mafia was or is supposed to be aligned with whom.

When De Vito was on the lam, he did not seem to stay put in Toronto. I am fairly certain he was surveilled in Montreal during the close to four years he was on the run (from 2006 to 2010). For example, there are reports he made the effort to see his daughters once in a while. He also got his mistress in the Montreal area pregnant during that time period, but then again we don't know how much time she spent in Toronto. I agree with you about his very likely having little input into his daughters' funeral arrangements. Maybe he didn't have any input about his own.

I had speculated that Vito Rizzuto and De Vito (or De Vito's associates) had reconciled their differences after I reliably found out about De Vito's visitation having been held at the Loreto--I found out well afterward. But that isn't much evidence of a reconciliation; so I still have no idea why De Vito's visitation was at the Loreto.

Lo Presti's mother (Rosa Lumia) and Domenico Manno's wife (Carmela Lumia) are sisters--could that be the reason Lo Presti's visitation was held at the Loreto? I have no idea.

Tonino Callocchia was described in newspaper articles both as a possible successor to Rizzuto and as a member of the anti-Vito camp. Leonardo Rizzuto and Charlie Renda were seen at the funeral Mass for Callocchia, but the latter's visitation was not at the Loreto. Why not? Again, I have no idea.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: faffy444] #877709
03/08/16 06:07 PM
03/08/16 06:07 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Dante Gasbarrini.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #877712
03/08/16 07:29 PM
03/08/16 07:29 PM
F
faffy444 Offline
Made Member
faffy444  Offline
F
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Dante Gasbarrini.

he died in 2014. do you now speak of his son perhaps ?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877716
03/08/16 08:19 PM
03/08/16 08:19 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Faffy44, look at my post on page 6.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877719
03/08/16 08:56 PM
03/08/16 08:56 PM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
I'm currently reading Business or Blood. I don't know if this has been answered before but why do the authors often fail to identify people by name in the book? They will say things like "a middle aged Montreal man flew to Ontario and met with so and so, etc" without naming him.

Another example was when they were talking about a certain middle aged man that was being shown respect around other mafia members, shocking the authorities. Could this have been Leonardo Rizzuto?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877720
03/08/16 09:00 PM
03/08/16 09:00 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
They could be concerned about possible Libel. Not sure what the Canadian rules are.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877724
03/08/16 10:01 PM
03/08/16 10:01 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Ahit would you take a guess as to how much time rizzuto will get? 10 yrs 15yrs ect. The last guy who got whacked at the gym did half of his 15yr sentence that was for gambling. It seems rizzuto has a lot worse charges then that guy so he's probably looking at 20. Well I bet Vito didn't for see his family destroyed. Like everyone got murder or locked up that's not a mafia dinasty bad look.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877728
03/08/16 10:38 PM
03/08/16 10:38 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Leonardo will get out in 8 years. He has some good lawyers so maybe 5 years.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: baldo] #877733
03/09/16 12:24 AM
03/09/16 12:24 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: baldo
I'm currently reading Business or Blood. I don't know if this has been answered before but why do the authors often fail to identify people by name in the book? They will say things like "a middle aged Montreal man flew to Ontario and met with so and so, etc" without naming him.

Another example was when they were talking about a certain middle aged man that was being shown respect around other mafia members, shocking the authorities. Could this have been Leonardo Rizzuto?

That last part, I know what you're talking about. I believe they were referring to Leonardo. Not sure if this is 100% accurate, and I might have to look again, but I believe they said something a long the lines of "this person" was being taken to the Rizzuto hangout spots by Rocco Sollecito and was being introduced and being shown great respect by the longtime mafiosi. And I think they said "this person" had a strong familial tie to The Rizzutos and had no prior criminal record. I believe that's what it said, as I remember first reading that passage and thinking they were referring to Leonardo. And that was long before he was confirmed to be a co-boss. I think it was definitely Leonardo.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/09/16 11:47 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #877754
03/09/16 09:14 AM
03/09/16 09:14 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
It looks pretty much like Arcadi vs Manno for the leadership postion. In other words it is Calabrians vs. Sicilians. The Rizzuto fraction is backed up by the Bonanno family (Salvatore Catalano), the Cotroni is backed up by the Gambino family (Frank Cali, but stopped when he become more scrutinized by LE, unknown who took over as a conduit) Buffalo was neutral before Dante passed away in 14', don't know who took over that crew, but if is Bruno, then they will support sicilians, if it was Giovanni, then they will support the calabrians. Not talking about Pops crew (which is in support of the Cotroni fraction, due to the Violi family) but different crew in Canada, which Buffalo has two crews up there.

lol Bullshit.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #877755
03/09/16 09:34 AM
03/09/16 09:34 AM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo

That last part, I know what you're talking about. I believe they were referring to Leonardo. Not sure if this is 100% accurate, and I might have to look again, but I believe they said something a long the lines of "this person" was being taken to the Rizzuto hangout spots by Rocco Sollecito and was being introduced and being shown great respect by the longtime mafiosi. And I think they said "this person" had a strong familial to The Rizzutos and had no prior criminal record. I believe that's what it said, as I remember first reading that passage and thinking they were referring to Leonardo. And that was long before he was confirmed to be a co-boss. I think it was definitely Leonardo.

Yup, that's the exact passage I was talking about. Reading this book, it's almost impossible to keep track of all the murders, who was on what side, etc.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #877766
03/09/16 11:13 AM
03/09/16 11:13 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

That last part, I know what you're talking about. I believe they were referring to Leonardo. Not sure if this is 100% accurate, and I might have to look again, but I believe they said something a long the lines of "this person" was being taken to the Rizzuto hangout spots by Rocco Sollecito and was being introduced and being shown great respect by the longtime mafiosi. And I think they said "this person" had a strong familial to The Rizzutos and had no prior criminal record. I believe that's what it said, as I remember first reading that passage and thinking they were referring to Leonardo. And that was long before he was confirmed to be a co-boss. I think it was definitely Leonardo.

You may be right, but they also describe this person as a newcomer. Leonardo fits the description on everything but a newcomer.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877771
03/09/16 11:46 AM
03/09/16 11:46 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
They could've meant a newcomer to the criminal underworld. At least that's the way I interpreted it, I think Leonardo would fit that description as well. He was exposed to his fathers schemes and business ventures as a legal counsel I think, not as an actual participant. So I think that he would fit that as well. Thats just my theory though. And do you know of anyone whom, as they describe, would have a "strong familial tie" to the Rizzutos aside from Leonardo? I don't mean to make it sound so tongue in cheek, this is a legit question.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/09/16 11:52 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877777
03/09/16 01:42 PM
03/09/16 01:42 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I was thinking Stefano Sollecito, but it's been a while since I read the book and don't remember the clean record part (not saying anyone is lying, I'm saying my memory sucks....lol).

Vito and Leonardo was under investigation before as I think both were on wiretaps. So he had some prior knowledge beforehand, but whether the whole "family" knew he was in on things or not who knows?

As for the Loreto stuff, I quit trying to figure that stuff out. It seemed out of the gate if you were not allowed to have your funeral there it meant you were out of favor but know it seems they will serve anyone, friend or foe.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: dixiemafia] #877784
03/09/16 03:02 PM
03/09/16 03:02 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
And do you know of anyone whom, as they describe, would have a "strong familial tie" to the Rizzutos aside from Leonardo?

I'm not sure whether those words are used to describe this person's relationship with Rizzuto. But I can't think of anyone else and you may very well be right.

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
I was thinking Stefano Sollecito, but it's been a while since I read the book and don't remember the clean record part (not saying anyone is lying, I'm saying my memory sucks....lol)

Stefano was indicted in 2002 and served prison time.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877792
03/09/16 06:50 PM
03/09/16 06:50 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I knew that, it was just the fact I didn't remember the clean record being in the sentence in the book. Wasn't it drugs that got him put up?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: dixiemafia] #877797
03/09/16 07:56 PM
03/09/16 07:56 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
I knew that, it was just the fact I didn't remember the clean record being in the sentence in the book. Wasn't it drugs that got him put up?

I think it had something to do with a gambling enterprise or bookmaking in Ontario. He was indicted along with Joe Renda I believe.

Page 7 of 155 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull