GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (furio_from_naples), 105 guests, and 25 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,726
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 155 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877158
03/01/16 08:01 PM
03/01/16 08:01 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Anyway, Arcadi's crew has undoubtedly taken a big hit with the arrest of Girolamo Del Balso like a week ago and this murder. His chances at power aren't looking very good right now.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877164
03/01/16 10:55 PM
03/01/16 10:55 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

So is this anything like the Colombo war in the 90tys where you had persico side holding on to the top from prison and the rest of the family backing a new boss on the street? A family split in 2?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877165
03/01/16 11:49 PM
03/01/16 11:49 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Eh, not really. Somewhat, but not really, as no one knows at this point how much control Leo Rizzuto & Stefano Sollecito actually exert on the street right now. And Arcadi & Co were just released from prison and are in halfway houses. But the Canadian authorities claimed project MAGOT & MASTIF and the arrests of co-bosses Leonardo Rizzuto & Stefano Sollecito, saved their lives as a hit was placed on them from within the Montreal Mafia. Personally, I thought that news strangely coincided with the Calabrian factions (Arcadi, Frank Del Balso & Giordano's) release from prison. So in my personal opinion, I'd have placed them behind the contract on Rizzuto & Sollecitos lives. The difference between the Colombo war is once again, this is all about drugs. Project MASTIF & MAGOT indictments imply that the Rizzuto clan, at least at the time of the arrests, still controlled a large portion of the Montreal drug trade, at least as far as cocaine goes, as opposed to the heroin, Leonardo's father and grandfather became big traffickers of. A RCMP chart released at the time showed that they were at the top of the Montreal underworld, the drugs flowed through the Rizzuto clan, Leonardo Rizzuto & Stefano Sollecito being the facilitators, and throughout the rest of the Montreal Mafia. Then onto the Hells Angels, and then passed down to the street gangs, mainly those under Gregory Woolley's control. It seems those within the Montreal Mafia wanted the spots of Rizzuto & Sollecito. Again, the timing of everything, I'd say it was the old Arcadi crew wanting what they feel they were owed. Its also interesting, to me, that this hit on Giordano came merely a week or so after Girolamo Del Balso, Franceso Del Balso's brother and presumably Giordano ally, is arrested seemingly transporting an massive amount of cocaine. Which may go to show that the Arcadi group were making in-roads into the perhaps formerly Rizzuto controlled drug/cocaine market. A week after his arrest, and Giordano is killed? In my opinion, and definitely dont take my word for it, the Rizzuto/Sollecito group or those loyal to them, let the Arcadi group pull on their own string until they bit themselves on the foot and revealed themselves for what they were, and then struck back.

Sounds real Mario Puzo-esque, but looking at the past of the Montreal Mafia, it seems to be a blueprint for an actual mafia novel.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877231
03/03/16 12:43 AM
03/03/16 12:43 AM
Baltimore, MD
F
ForgettableName Offline
Wiseguy
ForgettableName  Offline
F
Wiseguy
Baltimore, MD
Sinatra makes some very interesting points, especially regarding the very intriguing timing of Giorlamo Del Balso being busted to Giordano being killed. While I agree with the idea that Arcadi, Del Balso and Giordano have historically been very close and are likely right back into the thick of things since their release from prison, I wonder if perhaps instead of this being a killing attributed to the Rizzuto crime group, it may instead be an inside hit.

Consider this, Del Balso was only released from prison a few weeks ago, only a week or so after that his brother is arrested in America with a quantity that at a minimum will end in well over a decade in prison or not unrealistically life in prison. Perhaps, and this is my own theory, the three aforementioned had just started their new inroads towards mafia supremacy or at least success and in one of their first ventures used one of their most trusted associates (blood is thicker then water after all) to transport a large quantity of cocaine for their first fresh from prison criminal escapade. But it went terribly wrong. Now Del Balso is under the most extreme of scrutiny, and his brother may be never again be a free man. So perhaps Del Balso, being something of a known hot head, decides to have Giordano killed.

Why? Well, for one, it could be pre-emptive, while Del Balso is not known for a soft touch, Giordano is truly a classic psycho gangster, and Giordano could realize that Del Balso would choose to align himself with family and bring the others down, so instead of waiting for Giordano to make a move, Del Balso makes the move first, and now he can rest a bit easier. The other idea is that perhaps Del Balso had no part in his brothers actions and instead it was all the idea of Giordano and Giordano alone to use Girolamo Del Balso for this drug run. Del Balso, in conjuncture with Arcadi possibly, realizes Giordano is a complete fool, ruined his brothers life and is again a loose canon and again, have him whacked.

Just an idea I was batting around, in the end, like most murders up north, we may truly never know.

The name is forgettable, I hope the posts are not.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877247
03/03/16 10:25 AM
03/03/16 10:25 AM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877250
03/03/16 11:32 AM
03/03/16 11:32 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Canadian authorities believe Giordano may have been the one behind the threat on Salvatore Cazzetta's life. As the Project MAGOT & Project MASTIF chart showed, Cazzetta was the money man for the Rizzuto/Sollecito facilitated drug group. This is really beginning to look like it may have come from them. I'm not going to say its for sure, but considering everything, to me it's becoming more likely.

And a recently released article says that both Leonardo & Stefano are likely going to be released on bail.

Looks like the tables may have really turned...For their safety, Francesco Arcadi and Francesco Del Balso have been ordered back to prison.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...78_section_POS1

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/03/16 11:46 AM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #877251
03/03/16 12:41 PM
03/03/16 12:41 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
Interesting article Ciment,

One thing that surprised me was the mention that liborio [BadWord] was supporting the arcadi group.

As for the giordano murder, I don't think it had anything to do with an internal hit by arcadi/del baso or Toronto. That is a far fetched suggestion. The arcadi group made their warnings before they were released from prison and there was a hit out on rizzuto and sollecito, so to me it looks like rizzuto/sollecito struck first.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #877256
03/03/16 01:44 PM
03/03/16 01:44 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
If I'm a mobster up there who has made some good money in his life, I'm getting the hell out of Dodge. Nobody is safe up there. Find another place to live and at the worst, check back in a few years to see what the landscape is. This is ridiculous. Pull a Little Carmine Lupertazzi on the Sopranos and say 'I'm out'.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877266
03/03/16 04:03 PM
03/03/16 04:03 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
There's one thing you seem to neglect or not really understand,especially with the bolded part. Calabrese or Calabrian in Montreal doesn't always means 'Ndrangheta. I don't know if you know that or not, and that's a common misconception other forum members have made when reading articles like that. There IS a Calabrian branch of the Montreal Mafia. Francesco Arcadi is considered to be a part of that Calabrian branch. And Calabrians have been a part of the Montreal Mob since it's inception. Its just like the Controni days, which I mentioned on here before, when Cotroni and Violi ran things, the Calabrese was the power in the Montreal Mob, and it had little to do with Ontario or Toronto 'Ndrangheta.

When Violi died and Cotroni stepped back, the Sicilians (The Rizzutos and their brethren) were the power. It was suspected with the threat on Leonardo & Stefanos arrest and their incarceration, that Arcadi, Del Balso & Giordano were behind the threat, they were due to be released and reportedly wanted their leadership positions back. Perhaps thats what Costa meant when he said the Calabrians were running things. And I'm inclined to believe it was, when you look at the arrest of Girolamo.

According to Project MAGOT & MASTIF, the threats on Desjardins life, were coming from Mom Boucher and Gregory Wooley, not Calabrians. I already mentioned whom I suspect to be behind those of Leonardo & Stefano. And with Arcadi & Del Balso back in prison and Giordano dead, that isnt to say, the Rizzutos or Sicilians are back in power, but that there may be more of a counsel leadership, who simply feel more comfortable with Leonardo & Stefano keeping their positions, or the counsel setting, than seeing Arcadi and his group take control.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/03/16 04:05 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877270
03/03/16 05:00 PM
03/03/16 05:00 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
It looks pretty much like Arcadi vs Manno for the leadership postion. In other words it is Calabrians vs. Sicilians. The Rizzuto fraction is backed up by the Bonanno family (Salvatore Catalano), the Cotroni is backed up by the Gambino family (Frank Cali, but stopped when he become more scrutinized by LE, unknown who took over as a conduit) Buffalo was neutral before Dante passed away in 14', don't know who took over that crew, but if is Bruno, then they will support sicilians, if it was Giovanni, then they will support the calabrians. Not talking about Pops crew (which is in support of the Cotroni fraction, due to the Violi family) but different crew in Canada, which Buffalo has two crews up there.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #877271
03/03/16 05:18 PM
03/03/16 05:18 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
I might be wrong, but I don't see the backing of any u.s. families as playing any role in this.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877272
03/03/16 05:29 PM
03/03/16 05:29 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Buffalo? The fuck? You're dreaming.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877273
03/03/16 05:30 PM
03/03/16 05:30 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Why are people so invested in the idea that American families play a part in Montreal? Does it fulfill some kind of criminal conspiracy fantasy?

Buffalo isn't even a viable family anymore. Now they are backing Canadian factions?

Last edited by mightyhealthy; 03/03/16 05:30 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877282
03/03/16 06:33 PM
03/03/16 06:33 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Like someone said and I believe are correct, the Rizzuto faction always had a Calabrian faction. I'm not sure if Arcadi ran that side until Di Maulo was killed when Vito was released. I don't think Di Maulo was that active anymore mind you, but I think more would have easily followed him before they would Arcadi.

I do find it crazy Liborio is with him unless it was a set up? If it was N.Y. I could believe something like that, but most of the time in Montreal family followed family no matter what.

Too bad Del Balso and Arcadi were reported back to prison because things were just now getting interesting again. I imagine things get quiet for now until they get out or go back to a halfway house.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877283
03/03/16 06:34 PM
03/03/16 06:34 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

My thing with the Americans is when the montealiens go to Florida or Cali they hang out with there friends all lcn. Anyways so that article kinda screwed up translated like my writing. Says Vito inducted a bunch of guys into there family before he died. Probably his kid the lawyer who a few years ago the board said was totally legit but he got his button and went strait Escobar/scarfo ordering hits. The crazy thing no one ever gets caught doing these hits. Its amazing all them screw ups got caught when they killed sal the ironman. That was clearly rookies. And the guy who tried to do a drive by hit on a jet ski that could be a first in north america.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877288
03/03/16 07:57 PM
03/03/16 07:57 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I was basically the only person on the forums who said Leonardo wasn't %100 percent legit nor still doing his legal lawyer thing. Because the articles and investigations weren't supporting it. Guys said I was crazy and didnt know any better, funny how that turned out. Not only that, before Vito died, various authors and retired law enforcement claimed Vito used to have Leonardo actually sit in on select meetings, and him being a lawyer, he was always in tune with aspects of his families business, none of this just happened out of the blue. And why do you assume these guys necessarily travel to Florida or California, when they, especially the Sicilians have or had investments like Cuba and the DR, where Vito normally vacationed at? These guys vacation in places like Mexico, not necessarily US vacation spots. So they really don't have to associate with US mobsters.

And I really doubt there's any US family involvement in this, especially Buffalo. And why Catalano, what's his position in the current Bonanno infrastructure? Last I heard he doesn't even have a crew, he hasn't been mentioned in any cases recently, or reports or anything. Where would he fit in with the current Cammarano Jr. line of order? And we have documented evidence that the Gambinos are involved with the Calabrians in Toronto & Ontario, yet absolutely none for them being involved with Montreal, like at all. Its possible NY is involved, but I don't find it likely, I think thats a reach.

And Montreal is notorious for guys doing hits and not being caught. Was the killer of Nicolo Jr & Sr ever brought to justice? Nope. What about Joe Di Maulo? Nope. What about Paolo Renda? Nope. Joe Renda? Nope. Rocco Violi? Nope. Paolo Gervasi? Nope. Ducarme Joseph? Nope. You have two hits in which guys got caught, and thats because in both cases those involved were using blackberries. And those who shot at Desjardins (the jet ski attempt youre referring to) werent even caught by the law, I believe. Just the bodyguard is sitting in jail now because they found out he lied to the responding officers about not firing his gun, yet shot himself, WITH his gun, to make it appear that the assassins shot him while he was defenseless. Believe it or not, there are places in the 21st century that are adept at this organized drug crime/mafia thing. They just arent in America.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/03/16 08:04 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: mightyhealthy] #877291
03/03/16 08:19 PM
03/03/16 08:19 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Why are people so invested in the idea that American families play a part in Montreal? Does it fulfill some kind of criminal conspiracy fantasy?

Buffalo isn't even a viable family anymore. Now they are backing Canadian factions?

Believe it or not, from what I've seen from members on here and on the other forums, some guys really have a huge problem with the idea of these guys sustaining their own Crime Family/Organization.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/03/16 10:09 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #877294
03/03/16 09:56 PM
03/03/16 09:56 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

Believe it or not, from what I've seen from members on here and on the other forums, so guys really have a huge problem with these guys sustaining their own Crime Family/Organization.

+1000

Buffalo? What a joke.

US 'influence' of candian LCN is fucking non existent. Let alone Buffalo, jeezus.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877300
03/03/16 10:22 PM
03/03/16 10:22 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Ya Vito did vacation in Cuba. Growing up in the USA you were taught no one goes to Cuba or Fidel kills you or puts you in jail forever. He's a commie. I think there finaly letting baseball players come in go. I thought Fidel hated mobsters surprised Vito would go there. In my head its like north Korea that idiot student who stole the flag and is crying and begging on TV. Just wouldn't go to dom. Rep. Heard to many bad stories from people who went for the vacay. Won't comment no more on this subject till next week and some over guy gets whackd. Goodnight

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877307
03/03/16 10:56 PM
03/03/16 10:56 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Sinatraclub,

The firebombing was/were tied to the Haitians gang. With all the focus on the Rizzutos, Im quite curious on the involvement of Greg Wooley's Syndicate and the conflict with the Reds. I read a few articles about the Blues owning some bars or businesses downtown. Speaking on nobody arrested for the murders of a few Rizzuto's members which possibly could of been the Reds.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877309
03/03/16 11:17 PM
03/03/16 11:17 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Rizzutos were aligned with Reds. And when Rizzuto was released from prison and reestablishing himself in the underworld, the Reds was the gang he sat down with and opted to operate with. The Blues reportedly were behind the firebombings and the extortions of Rizzuto owned cafes. Montagna and Tony Magi used them as sort of an extended army of soldiers. They also may have been behind the attempt on Desjardins, at the behest of Montagna, reportedly. Ducarme Joseph was murdered and the Blues were purposely left out of the new alliance set up by Vito post his release from prison. Because it's the Blues and Ducarme Joseph and his Haitians whom are suspected to have been behind the murder of Vito's son, Nick Jr, either on the orders of Tony Magi, or Sal Montagna or both, not The Reds. This again, according to reports and authors like Antonio Nicaso. Gregory Woollery is a full patched member of the Hells Angels now, however he left one of his immediate subordinates in charge of the Reds gangs, whom was also indicted and charged in the Project MAGOT & MASTIF investigations, I forget his name right now though. And Woolley appparently still had immediate contact to the Reds.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 03/03/16 11:21 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #877310
03/03/16 11:21 PM
03/03/16 11:21 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment
In addition, Giordano allegedly threatened an attempt on the life of at least two other criminals, including one close to the Hells Angels, to settle old conflicts dating back a decade.

They are referring to Sergio Piccirilli.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #877315
03/04/16 12:30 AM
03/04/16 12:30 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
What of the independent gangs? Also, Is Greg Woolley trying to consolidate the groups into The Syndicate or an umbrella ? How long you think this could continue before another shift in power happens?

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #877318
03/04/16 01:33 AM
03/04/16 01:33 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

And Montreal is notorious for guys doing hits and not being caught. Was the killer of Nicolo Jr & Sr ever brought to justice? Nope. What about Joe Di Maulo? Nope. What about Paolo Renda? Nope. Joe Renda? Nope. Rocco Violi? Nope. Paolo Gervasi? Nope. Ducarme Joseph? Nope. You have two hits in which guys got caught, and thats because in both cases those involved were using blackberries. And those who shot at Desjardins (the jet ski attempt youre referring to) werent even caught by the law, I believe. Just the bodyguard is sitting in jail now because they found out he lied to the responding officers about not firing his gun, yet shot himself, WITH his gun, to make it appear that the assassins shot him while he was defenseless. Believe it or not, there are places in the 21st century that are adept at this organized drug crime/mafia thing. They just arent in America.

I think that says more about the relative reach, resources, and competence of American law enforcement compared to Canada and elsewhere in the world than anything.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877323
03/04/16 03:59 AM
03/04/16 03:59 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
USA! USA! USA! USA!

Yawn.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #877325
03/04/16 06:59 AM
03/04/16 06:59 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
It's a bizarre thing, really...

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877326
03/04/16 07:02 AM
03/04/16 07:02 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I think a lot of guys have only read about the NY mob, and they think the mafia STARTED THERE, and still revolves around NY, when it's always revolved around profit opportunity and power.....

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: BlackFamily] #877327
03/04/16 07:04 AM
03/04/16 07:04 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@Black Family

Unless Whooley gets his own connect to the Mexicans, he would have to do what the Hell Angels did;

Wage a street war for control of distribution in the streets....

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #877328
03/04/16 07:16 AM
03/04/16 07:16 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I honestly read somewhere Catalano went back to Italy....

Also, his power was the Sicilian drug connects, that's dead. I've suspected for awhile that the Rizzutos might be THE STRONGEST Sicilian drug connect left, this is why the Sicilians felt they had to deal with the Spanish guy, Fernandez....

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #877335
03/04/16 09:05 AM
03/04/16 09:05 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ciment
Firstly,Thank you for your Montreal mafia history lesson 101 which I already know.
Secondly, your the one that neglects and does not understand not me.
Thirdly, you are making up things.Costa was not refering to the Montreal Calabrians.Read and do your research before you write.

Lol, why'd you just switch to this hostile dialect all of a sudden? #1. Giuseppe Costa wasn't from Montreal, he was from Toronto. #2. I assumed you were referring to Montreal since you mentioned your theory that this a coup by Toronto 'Ndranghesti, which is somewhat unlikely at this point. But the point still stands, Calabrian in Montreal, does not mean 'Ndrangheta nor 'Ndrangheta involvement. Guys like Arcadi and Giordano have ALWAYS had relationships with 'Ndranghesti from Ontario and Toronto, and still, a 'Ndrangheta takeover of Montreal Mafia rackets never really happened. Costa was right in the aspect that the 'Ndrangheta is the power in Canada now, I've said that on this forum before, so I don't know what I would need to research on that note. They've also become the most dominant organization in Italy as well, but you don't hear about them moving into Sicily and surrounding areas and taking over Sicilian Mafia rackets, this is somewhat the same situation. Even in the case of Joe Di Maulo, Sal Montagna & Desjardins. These guys didnt accomplish what they did on their own, it was mostly an inside job, but they had some help from Ontario & Toronto gangsters, maybe the same gangsters who aligned themselves with the Rizzutos when Vito was in power. Feeling Vito and the Rizzutos were history, they sided with whom it appeared were the new power, in order to continue the business relationships they had already had, not to takeover. Those guys became history, you dont think those same men then decided to do business with this "table" of sorts or with the co-bosses of Leonardo & Sollecito. Theres really been no evidence of a coup by 'Ndrangheta to try to take over Montreal from the Mafia that's already there. There's still little evidence of it now. Thats all I'm saying.

Page 6 of 155 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull