GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 78 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Faithful1] #896271
10/15/16 12:06 PM
10/15/16 12:06 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

Gets, I can't answer that, but I think the point of the study is that no oil is healthy, just that some less unhealthy than others. Extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil cause arterial inflammation, but not as much as other oils. It's possible that there is some rare oil that is healthy, an oil that hasn't been subject to as much study, but it's not one of the major oils that are commonly used. From other studies, meat, chicken and even fish cause inflammation too. So does dairy and sugar. That's why the physician who puts out these videos promotes veganism. I recently started veganism and I've noticed some positive results, but I need to give it more time before they show up in lab tests.

Thanks,F1. Good luck with the switch to full vegan. Have you done it gradually or cold turkey ?or rather.....

I cannot dispute what the study in the video shows. I have read about some of the health benefits of using actual EVOO over other oils. I think diet, lifestyle, genetics, and even climate have to be taken into consideration when the consumption of any food is discussed.
As I've mentioned in the food section before, several members of my family have fallen to food related diseases. Majority of them had poor diets where they grew up,but it was countered by the lifestyle,climate,etc. They came to America as adults and within 10 years they develop illnesses, partially because of change in lifestyle and climate but also because of the way food is grown and processed here.
They had poor diets and were on their way to health problems eventually but the process was sped up when they moved here and didn't adapt.

The podcast in the first post here is talking about essentially the "bootlegging" of EVOO....counterfeiting of it. You are right that there is probably no fully safe and beneficial oil but I'd say for cooking purposes real EVOO is one of the better choices.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #896273
10/15/16 01:02 PM
10/15/16 01:02 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA

Extra Virgin Olive Oil does have health benefits when used on salads and veggies.

(WASHINGTON-AFP) - The secret to the Mediterranean diet may be in the salad.
Eating unsaturated fats, like those in olive oil, along with leafy greens and other vegetables creates a certain kind of fatty acid that lowers blood pressure, scientists said.
These nitro fatty acids are formed when consuming spinach, celery and carrots that are filled with nitrates and nitrites, along with avocado, nuts and olive oils that contain healthy fats.
Nitro fatty acids appear to inhibit an enzyme known as soluble epoxide hydrolase, which regulates blood pressure, said the research in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, a peer-reviewed US journal.
The study was based on experiments in lab mice, and was funded by the British Heart Foundation.
"The findings of our study help to explain why previous research has shown that a Mediterranean diet supplemented with extra-virgin olive oil or nuts can reduce the incidence of cardiovascular problems like stroke, heart failure and heart attacks," said Philip Eaton, professor of cardiovascular biochemistry at King's College London.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/scie...ssure-1.1829223

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #896288
10/15/16 04:51 PM
10/15/16 04:51 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Thanks,F1. Good luck with the switch to full vegan. Have you done it gradually or cold turkey ?or rather.....

I cannot dispute what the study in the video shows. I have read about some of the health benefits of using actual EVOO over other oils. I think diet, lifestyle, genetics, and even climate have to be taken into consideration when the consumption of any food is discussed.
As I've mentioned in the food section before, several members of my family have fallen to food related diseases. Majority of them had poor diets where they grew up,but it was countered by the lifestyle,climate,etc. They came to America as adults and within 10 years they develop illnesses, partially because of change in lifestyle and climate but also because of the way food is grown and processed here.
They had poor diets and were on their way to health problems eventually but the process was sped up when they moved here and didn't adapt.

The podcast in the first post here is talking about essentially the "bootlegging" of EVOO....counterfeiting of it. You are right that there is probably no fully safe and beneficial oil but I'd say for cooking purposes real EVOO is one of the better choices.

I gradually moved into it. Dairy was the last thing to go. I love cheese and cream for the coffee. Now I use unsweetened cashew milk, almond milk or flax milk (none are quite as good since they don't have the thickness of cream). If I go to Starbucks I just use Splenda and pour it into a large cup of ice because they don't have any unsweetened alternatives.

Sorry about your family falling prey to America's diet, but it takes a combination of education and willpower. Junk food is made to taste good, and if it's cheap that's even better. American culture pushes fried foods and desserts. I remember when I was young and watching TV and a commercial for Twinkies or some sugared cereal came on and the actress kept on saying how "wholesome" the product was. I asked myself, "What does wholesome mean?" It was some corporate-created buzzword to make parents think there is some healthy aspect to the garbage they were selling. Anyway, assuming the relatives you wrote about are still around, it's not too late to turn things around. What some of these studies say is that by avoiding the crap and eating healthy the body will repair itself, or at least try to. But some people don't want to. I shared some information with my mother-in-law and she didn't listen; she died from a combination of diabetes and cancer last year.

BTW, it looks like the healthiest oils are (in this order): Algae Oil, Avocado Oil, then Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

That study about olive oil and nitro fatty acids used GENETICALLY MODIFIED MICE, not human subjects, so we don't know it's applicability in humans: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...y-acids-healthy

A report from earlier this year from UC Davis warns against using any oil: http://ucdintegrativemedicine.com/2016/05/why-you-should-opt-out-of-olive-oil/#gs.ke7j4fo

This article from 2011 also raises concerns: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-larrowe-bergersen/olive-oil-health_b_816011.html

Last edited by Faithful1; 10/16/16 02:56 AM.
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #896481
10/17/16 07:58 PM
10/17/16 07:58 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: thedudeabides87] #896639
10/19/16 06:44 PM
10/19/16 06:44 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
F1,

Rest in Peace to your Mother In Law.Thanks for the condolences for my family members who are gone.

It's the rare person who can change lifetime eating habits,or any long time habit, so however well intentioned you were with the advice , human nature being what it is it would be a tough sell.

My Family fell,not to junk food, but to heavily processed versions of the food they grew up eating back home. Cheaper, lower quality hormone feed cuts of meat, over processed table salt and spices, frying everything in whichever brand oil that's on sale and there it is, voila.

The consumption of soda WAS a big part though,(which they definitely did NOT drink as much of back home) and probably contributed to some of the diabetes problems.

What I tried to explain to some of them (when they asked) was that although you THINK you're eating the same way everybody in your family did for generations, you are NOT.Your eyes are deceiving you. That's the thinking "oh my grandma ate like this and lived to be 98" or "everybody eats this way" and they think it's normal.

90% of what you ate back home was locally grown and not genetically modified.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #896723
10/20/16 07:44 PM
10/20/16 07:44 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
AG,

thanks for the link.medical community goes back and forth about EVOO but that link is along the lines of the positive things that have always been said about it.

Dude,
good link. Would you believe that I once ate a Mushroom burger and halfway through I forgot what it was and thought that it was a turkey burger. Think it was at Cheesecake Factory .

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #897347
10/31/16 12:50 AM
10/31/16 12:50 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Gets and Faithful

Faithful1, --
Soon they will prove that study with the mice. But I agree with you how the avocado should be considered superior to olive oil. The health benefits are astonishing.

The health benefits of consuming cold-pressed EVOO are in the phenols. These phenols drop systolic blood pressure. By consuming cold-pressed EVOO (about three tablespoonfuls) daily with leafy greens which are high in folate, antioxidant vitamins and potassium, a person will be 40% less likely to develop heart disease over and average span of eight years. 30,000 women participated in this study in Italy.

I understand that genetics do play a part in the Italian study. In my own Italian-American family many of the men and women followed the Mediterranean diet and lived until their mid to late nineties. My own Great-Grandma lived one month shy of 98. My Great Aunt 97, Great Uncle 99, Grandma 94 and all her sisters died SAME age SAME week, days apart. (Of course different years) Alfanos have good genes smile

It is also what you OMIT from your diet, like red meat and saturated fat that can help make a difference.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #897440
11/01/16 12:17 PM
11/01/16 12:17 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Not to sidetrack the thread but continuing the non gmo vegan health discssion, I recently got new vitamins. Some people are for vitamins some arent so of you are these are vegan organic non gmo gluten free whole food with no fillers

https://www.gardenoflife.com/content/pro...-mens-multi-40/

I didn't get the Men's 40+ but since I'm guessing most of you are either 40+ or closer to 40 than myself I provided it instead of what o got

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: thedudeabides87] #897502
11/02/16 02:31 PM
11/02/16 02:31 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Not to sidetrack the thread but continuing the non gmo vegan health discssion, I recently got new vitamins. Some people are for vitamins some arent so of you are these are vegan organic non gmo gluten free whole food with no fillers

I didn't get the Men's 40+ but since I'm guessing most of you are either 40+ or closer to 40 than myself I provided it instead of what o got

In chemistry and nutrition class we learned that there really is no difference in getting your nutrients from vitamins compared to food. But they say if you eat a healthy diet then your body gets all it needs from food. Remember the U.S. fortifies a lot of the foods we eat with vitamins and minerals. Note: Eating fruit and veggies give you more fiber which is the only difference in eating the actual food compared to taking a supplement.

If you take iron, for example, then follow it up with vitamin c because the Vit C helps you absorb iron. Vitamin D inhibits iron absorption so do not take together. The doc told my Dad who was in his 70's at the time to take Elderberry extract, 1000 mcg of B12, and Vitamin D 5000 units daily. For women, they recommend drinking skim milk three times a day to meet their calcium needs. Supplements work also. Vitamin A is the ONLY vitamin that you need to be careful with because you if you take too much you can cause serious problems.

Some of my uncles and cousins have been taking vitamins since their early 20's. And I mean like 10 vitamins a day. They SWEAR that it keeps them healthier. So far so good. They're in their 60's, 70's, and the oldest is 87. The 87 year old only drinks distilled water. I've never heard of doing that but he and all his buddies drink it lol. As a kid, I took a multi vitamin and Vit C daily. We also had to drink freshly squeezed orange juice, skim milk and eat a banana EVERY SINGLE DAY. So far so good.
(Peaches have MORE potassium than bananas out of the peel)

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #897525
11/02/16 09:24 PM
11/02/16 09:24 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
AG,

Good points. The podcast and links hammer home the point of the simpler the method for extracting the EVOO, the better it it for people. All the extra steps greatly reduce the health benefits.

I had a post years ago here about the "Roseto effect" about the remarkable lifespans of people in a close knit Italian community in Roseto,PA . Besides the community ties, what I got from reading the story was that many of the people grew their own food and shunned the so called "American diet".
It all reinforced your points about the importance of what you eat and what you don't eat.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: thedudeabides87] #897526
11/02/16 09:32 PM
11/02/16 09:32 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss

Sounds good, Dude.
I think supplements can be great when you can't eat the way you want to. Gonna look into these vitamins. Sounds like they got rid of the fillers that vitamins are clogged with and that pass right through you.
Would you believe that when I was lifting hardcore, we were so focused on avoiding the garbage that they add to food that we ordered cases of baby food to supplement our diets?
Not a joke post. We read about bodybuilder Gary Strydom doing it, so we all tried it out.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #897679
11/04/16 05:31 PM
11/04/16 05:31 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
@ AG
Like I said some people are for them some aren't. My nonna turned 96 last month and she attributes it to three things: vitamins, red wine and being a good liar lol. That is part of the reason why I take them.

Having a well balanced diet is key to good health but sometimes it is difficult to get all the nutrients so o take vitamins in an attempt to get the vitamins and minerals I may not get. My diet consists of a lot of raw veggies, low fat food and as little processed food as possible that being said I fail sometimes.

@Gets

Supplements should not replace nutritious food but are good we you can get enough from you food, since by the time the hits your plate the food has lost nutritional value. The baby food is crazy though probably ate a lot to get you caloric intake up.

@F1 or anyone who cares
I made this last night, very good soup the ginger giveaway it an interesting flavor bit it is still good
http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/vegan-sweet-potato-and-lentil-soup/

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: thedudeabides87] #897724
11/05/16 01:18 PM
11/05/16 01:18 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
96 Wow lol I like your Nonna, God bless that woman! Dude, it sounds like you have a very healthy diet. That's great!!

@Gets I used to make my own baby food. Blend sweet potatoes or carrots, then freeze them in ice trays. Defrost and heat a tiny bit.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #897756
11/05/16 09:56 PM
11/05/16 09:56 PM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Dude,

ordered some of the MyKind vitamins.2 month bottle.
Last time I took a multi vitamins was some Centrum years ago.After 2 weeks....I started feeling worse, so I stopped taking them.

AG,
Sweet potato was what bodybuilders were getting in baby food bottles. Your way of making baby food is a good idea. Wish we would have thought of doing that all those years ago. I got tired of cleaning out my blender. I should have just made a bunch and froze it like how you did.

People laugh in my face when I tell them the story, but my skin has never been clearer than when I was doing the baby food thing. I guess legally they couldn't add garbage and junk to baby food the way they do to regular food.

I use to carry around jars of baby food and wheat germ.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #897817
11/06/16 05:24 PM
11/06/16 05:24 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
@AG
I still take vitamins so maybe not as healthy as I could lol

@Gets
Hopefully you do not have the same response to these.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: thedudeabides87] #897833
11/06/16 07:53 PM
11/06/16 07:53 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

@F1 or anyone who cares
I made this last night, very good soup the ginger giveaway it an interesting flavor bit it is still good
http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/vegan-sweet-potato-and-lentil-soup/

That soup does look good. I have most of the ingredients, but I think there's always room for a little artistic variation.

FYI, I made a pretty good ramen soup earlier today. Very easy to make and the way I make it, healthy.

1) Fill a 3 quart pot with approx 1 qt of water;
2) Open up one package of ramen noodles and throw away the flavor packet (full of sodium and other bad things), then put it in the pot;
3) Add one bag of sliced peppers and onions (available at the 99 Cent Only Store or Dollar Tree);
4) Season with Mrs. Dash (or equivalent), pepper, Bragg Liquid Aminos (very low sodium alternative for soy sauce), Tapatio or Tabasco hot sauce, curry powder, chili powder, dried vegetable flakes (includes oregano, parsley, carrots, etc);
5) Add handful of washed and sliced mushrooms;
6) Heat on low light, cover and bring to boil

Tasted delicious. Next time I'll add some Tempeh and additional veggies.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Faithful1] #897845
11/07/16 01:11 AM
11/07/16 01:11 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
Dude,

I'm sure they won't. I've never reacted well to Centrum vitamins. They are full of filler materials.

F1,

Sounds like a good recipe, I especially like the adding of mushrooms. I have never heard of the soy sauce alternative you listed.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #897869
11/07/16 02:28 PM
11/07/16 02:28 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
You can buy Bragg products at health food stores. I highly recommend them.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #898197
11/11/16 09:06 PM
11/11/16 09:06 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
This is off the subject but I'm sure you guys won't mind. When I was making my own baby food of mainly carrots and sweet potatoes, I myself was eating them every day. So, for about 6 months that went on. That year I had my annual eye exam. The ophthalmologist said that my eyesight improved. It usually gets worse, as I have been wearing contacts for near sightedness for years. I asked him if he thought the beta carotene Vitamin A had anything to do with it. And he said well, they have never proven it. He didn't want to give me an answer. So I told him Doc, I think I just proved it worked for me.

I'm still blind as a bat so no matter how many veggies I eat, I still need my contacts and glasses lol But it did improve my eyesight that one year.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #898206
11/12/16 12:00 AM
11/12/16 12:00 AM
getthesenets Offline OP
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline OP
Underboss
AG,

I was reading the story and hoping that you stumbled upon some cure for poor eyesight. smile

I took a Grape Seed Extract supplement a few years back, and I think it slightly improved my eyesight.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #898281
11/12/16 02:16 PM
11/12/16 02:16 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Gets, I wish there was a cure. I found some info on what is recommended:

The National Eye Institute and other vision experts note that a healthy diet is an important factor in eye health. Researchers have found that certain nutrients with antioxidant properties are beneficial. These include carotenoid compounds such as beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, and vitamins C and E. Zinc and omega-3 fatty acids are also important for eye health.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifest...th/bgp-20095574

I am trying my little experiment again and have been eating carrots, sweet potatoes or leafy greens every single day. Worth a shot.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #898319
11/12/16 06:10 PM
11/12/16 06:10 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
AG, that sounds like a healthy experiment. Sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, watercress, beets, and black beans and black rice are among the healthiest foods a person can eat.

Of the ingredients for eye health you mentioned, lutein and zeaxanthin are among the two that I most hear about. Bilberry is another.

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Faithful1] #899028
11/19/16 10:16 PM
11/19/16 10:16 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
So far so good with my experiment. It's sweet potato night smile

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #899046
11/20/16 03:33 AM
11/20/16 03:33 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MCDONALDS? EVERYBODY EATS AT MCDONALDS?
PEOPLE WHO EAT AT MCDONALDS LIVE LONGER!

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Binnie_Coll] #899127
11/20/16 05:43 PM
11/20/16 05:43 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
WHAT'S WRONG WITH MCDONALDS? EVERYBODY EATS AT MCDONALDS?
PEOPLE WHO EAT AT MCDONALDS LIVE LONGER!

I prefer Carl's Jr. smile I can make a better house burger at home grin Remember this video on McDonald's lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08c0BXTVpfs&sns=em

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: getthesenets] #899190
11/21/16 02:41 AM
11/21/16 02:41 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Carl's Jr is da bomb. When I'm driving and I see a Carl's I have to move away cuz the urge is so strong. Have a serious weakness for those charbroiled, juicy burgers. Now let's drop the topic of burgers before I'm overwhelmed with the need to make a burger run smile

Last edited by Faithful1; 11/21/16 02:42 AM.
Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Faithful1] #899818
11/26/16 08:30 PM
11/26/16 08:30 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Faithful1, Carl's Jr. is pretty much the only fast food place I cannot resist. smile Did you have to go on a burger run that night? lol lol

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #899831
11/26/16 10:39 PM
11/26/16 10:39 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Faithful1, Carl's Jr. is pretty much the only fast food place I cannot resist. smile Did you have to go on a burger run that night? lol lol

I resisted, AG. Gotta lose some weight by eating healthy, been hitting the gym. Once I've reached a goal I'll take a day off for a burger or a pizza. So many choices for burgers...Five Guys...In N Out...The Habit...Carl's Jr...yummmm...

I just moved to Orange, between Orange Hills and Villa Park, so there's a lot of new choices for pizza. Since I'm a deep dish guy, I've got to put off a few pounds first. Looking forward to those reward days! smile

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Faithful1] #900079
11/30/16 12:33 AM
11/30/16 12:33 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Faithful1, I like The Habit too. Never had Five Guys. Is that like Two Guys in Jersey? lol
You live pretty close to me. Just over the hill and around the corner. There is one place I ABSOLUTELY LOVE over by you. It's on Santiago Blvd. The place is called Rockwell's and let me tell you, they have thee BEST cakes. Chocolate curl cakes they sell with the Venetian cream and strawberries are soooooo GOOD. My mouth is watering just thinking about it grin They have good food too but I go there for the bakery. Have you ever been there?

I wonder if deep dish pizza is good here, is it? I'm a thin crust pizza lover so I wouldn't know.

Don't worry about those few pounds. Just think of all that good food you'll be missing out on lol

Re: Extra Virginity-Olive Oil scandal [Re: Alfanosgirl] #900133
11/30/16 01:25 PM
11/30/16 01:25 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I was in Walmart the other day, and spotted a big (51 oz.) bottle whose label blared, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL--and it was only $5.45. I looked closer at the label and saw, in small letters above EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, "sunflower oil and..." The label on the back said, "80% sunflower oil, 20% extra virgin olive oil." What a fraud. mad

I buy extra virgin olive oil at Trader Joe's. They have a good selection of fine product at reasonable prices.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull