GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863125
10/11/15 06:29 PM
10/11/15 06:29 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

And like Ivy says, I don't buy the "harmless old bookmaker giving people an outlet to bet on games" trope that is trotted out.

An endeavour that functions and thrives on the implicit threat of violence and extortion.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863127
10/11/15 06:36 PM
10/11/15 06:36 PM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
And like Ivy says, I don't buy the "harmless old bookmaker giving people an outlet to bet on games" trope that is trotted out.

An endeavour that functions and thrives on the implicit threat of violence and extortion.

Exactly . why not just let the mafia control all the unions again so when hard working men retire, they have no money in their pension funds.
Also, whats better than finally saving all your hard earned money to open a business and then have a few mob guys throw a bomb through your window because you wont pay them protection money.

Last edited by Crash; 10/11/15 06:37 PM.
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863129
10/11/15 06:40 PM
10/11/15 06:40 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Waste of taxpayers money?

What do you suggest they do, give them free rein and allow them to become as powerful as they were in the Bruno era?

Did you watch the video you post or did you just post it to make fun of the fat guy (a guy who had just seen his son get convicted on a fed case, real classy of you btw).

The taxpayers of Pennsylvania in that video (one of whom wasn't italian) who actually live in Philadelphia are saying stop waisting our money on bullshit cases. The amount of money wasted prosecuting ligambi on that case was a joke.

Murders? AS far as I know, there was no murder count in that indictment. It was joker poker book and shy (for staino). That's it. IF you lived in the New Jersey philadelphia area you would be aware that alot more grevious issues exist beyond small time gambling and loan sharking. And alot less resources are used for those issues. Murders hapeen every day in North philly. Drugs everywhere. Guys are making millions.

So prosecute the ligambi organization? Of course, but, bring a real fucking case, don't waste everyones time and money with a re-trial, and stop pretending you are prosecuting the chin or john gotti.

Finally, you really have no idea what is wrong and right about the criminal justice system in America, and until you start paying taxes in my country, you have no place to say so.

You don't see me talking about the problems existing in whatever shit hole euro country you live in.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 10/11/15 06:44 PM.
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863135
10/11/15 07:16 PM
10/11/15 07:16 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Read Crash's comment above and you might get an understanding of why I have little sympathy for the "fat guy" or his son.

I don't mock productive members of society.

And if Ligambi or Staino weren't high ranking members of a notorious criminal organization then I would maybe have a sliver more sympathy for them, but we aren't talking about underdogs here.

Maybe people would be less pissed off if the feds would just turn a blind eye and focus their energies on people with darker skin tones?

Keep pretending the mob aren't some of the main purveyors and main profiteers of drugs.

And what does my shit hole euro country have to do with anything?

This is about a mob related case pertaining to two states. I am not making some grandiose societal judgement about the entire country.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863136
10/11/15 07:18 PM
10/11/15 07:18 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

And people have just brought up murders Ligambi was complicit in.

Just because everyone knows he did it or was involved in it somehow but it can't be proven beyond reasonable doubt or because of some technicality bullsh*t they should just leave him alone and have a "hard on" for him? Please.

Try using that justification when child rapists or less glamorous criminals get off on similar technicalities.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863138
10/11/15 07:25 PM
10/11/15 07:25 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Moe, Ivy, Crash all raise valid points.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: IvyLeague] #863145
10/11/15 08:29 PM
10/11/15 08:29 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Moe here, at least when it comes to criminal defense attorneys.

When you think about it, it really takes an incredibly amoral person to be a criminal defense attorney. We're not talking about Perry Mason or Matlock here, where all their clients are innocent. This is the real world where the vast majority of clients a criminal defense attorney will represent are guilty as hell. And the criminal defense attorney KNOWS it. Murder, robbery, rape, doesn't matter. They'll do everything they can to get the scumbag off or at least with little punishment as possible. How anyone can do that for a living and then look at themselves in the mirror is beyond me. But I suppose they buy into the same cop out many here do - that they're just doing their job or performing a valuable service in our criminal justice system. Something tells me that excuse isn't going to hold up when they meet their Maker. You show me a typical criminal defense attorney and I'll show you someone going straight to hell.

And there they will meet Joseph Smith, who will fit them with an orange jump suit and some special magic underwear.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863146
10/11/15 08:56 PM
10/11/15 08:56 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest

Keep pretending the mob aren't some of the main purveyors and main profiteers of drugs.

Do you live in about 1965, moe? That hasn't been true in many decades. Philly's best racket in 00s was fucking slot machines in italian bars. Despite all the allegations in your posts, the feds never charged conduct other than that. So in the end, we spent tens of millions of dollars for a few chickenshit convinctions on slot machines.

If you think this is about anything else than prosecutors getting their "case" and moving on to white shoe law firms or politics- I got a bridge to sell you. I went to school with these people, I know what they are all about.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 10/11/15 08:57 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: IvyLeague] #863148
10/11/15 09:05 PM
10/11/15 09:05 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Moe here, at least when it comes to criminal defense attorneys.

When you think about it, it really takes an incredibly amoral person to be a criminal defense attorney. We're not talking about Perry Mason or Matlock here, where all their clients are innocent. This is the real world where the vast majority of clients a criminal defense attorney will represent are guilty as hell. And the criminal defense attorney KNOWS it. Murder, robbery, rape, doesn't matter. They'll do everything they can to get the scumbag off or at least with little punishment as possible. How anyone can do that for a living and then look at themselves in the mirror is beyond me. But I suppose they buy into the same cop out many here do - that they're just doing their job or performing a valuable service in our criminal justice system. Something tells me that excuse isn't going to hold up when they meet their Maker. You show me a typical criminal defense attorney and I'll show you someone going straight to hell.

And don't even get me started on those clowns they interviewed towards the end. How do we know these guys are in the mob? Why don't they go after the murderers and not Ligambi who is just a numbers writer? Are you kidding me?

Pretty childish ideas about civics and the nature of government. Go read about the doe prosecutions in Wisconsin and tell me that everything the government charges is moral, fair and wonderful.

Somehow I think you will change your tone fast if the arbitrary and vicious IRS claims you underpaid, when the federal thugs attempt to use civil asset forfeiture on your rental property because you had a bad tenant selling drugs or the EPA thinks you are building on a dry land near a "navigable water" and takes your property.

Most of these prosecutors and bureaucrats are out for number one. Without defense attorneys, everyone is facing the all powerful, thug government alone.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 10/11/15 09:06 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: LittleNicky] #863150
10/11/15 09:13 PM
10/11/15 09:13 PM
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

And don't even get me started on those clowns they interviewed towards the end. How do we know these guys are in the mob? Why don't they go after the murderers and not Ligambi who is just a numbers writer? Are you kidding me?

Pretty childish ideas about civics and the nature of government. Go read about the doe prosecutions in Wisconsin and tell me that everything the government charges is moral, fair and wonderful.

Somehow I think you will change your tone fast if the arbitrary and vicious IRS claims you underpaid, when the federal thugs attempt to use civil asset forfeiture on your rental property because you had a bad tenant selling drugs or the EPA thinks you are building on a dry land near a "navigable water" and takes your property.

Most of these prosecutors and bureaucrats are out for number one. Without defense attorneys, everyone is facing the all powerful, thug government alone.

Don't waste your time Nicky. Not only does this fucking Eurotrash clown spout garbage, but he shows no grasp of history. Questions about Frank Martines from the Stanfa crew. Numerous books have been written about the issue, infinite internet resources from that era. Top it off with the fact the TOPIC HAS BEEN DISCUSSED 100 TIMES on this site.

He wants pretend to be a smart guy, mouths off like an educated derelict, and yet asks the dumbest fucking questions.

Moe, go buy a few books. YOu can use your welfare check. The goodfella tapes and the last gangster, both by George Anastasia. In those books you will learn all you ever wanted to know about the philly family and Frank Martines. You'll also learn about the 1999 drug case the feds tried to pin on Joey Merlino. Ron previte tried probably 50 times to get joey to approve a drug deal, but he refused to do so because its a "bad pinch". BUt ye, the LCN controls drugs in Philly.

Grow up.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863151
10/11/15 09:20 PM
10/11/15 09:20 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

You will have to excuse my ignorance RE: Frank Martines. I simply have a passing interest in organized crime. I am not absolutely obsessed with them, like you are; I don't go to their hangouts to stalk them. I don't have posters of John Gotti & Joey Merlino in my bedroom, I don't make comments lauding criminals and I don't make asinine quack comments about the federal government.

It's no coincidence that the guy making the best argument (Ivy) comes across eloquently and respectfully while quacks like you resort to derogatory comments about what country "I come from" or Ivy's "religion".

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: LittleNicky] #863152
10/11/15 09:22 PM
10/11/15 09:22 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Let's all shed a tear for the persecution of the Italian-American mobster at the hands of the "thug government".

And people are accusing me of denigrating America.

People can't even respect their own government and institutions..

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863153
10/11/15 09:23 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
You will have to excuse my ignorance

Then don't open your mouth. Because it is prosperous beyond belief to say the philly mafia are "main purveyors and main profiteers of drugs".

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863154
ItalianForever Offline
Capo
ItalianForever  Offline
Capo
You will have to excuse my ignorance RE: Frank Martines. I simply have a passing interest in organized crime. I am not absolutely obsessed with them, like you are; I don't go to their hangouts to stalk them. I don't have posters of John Gotti & Joey Merlino in my bedroom, I don't make comments lauding criminals and I don't make asinine quack comments about the federal government.

Passing interest vs. Quack

Quack: 383 posts on organized crime site. Quack has a job. Quack has had sex with an actual female in his life.

Passing interest: 1894 posts on gangster web site. Passing interest lives in mom's basement. Passing interest is on welfare. Passing interest is a virgin.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863155
10/11/15 09:28 PM
10/11/15 09:28 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Oh look. The quack is projecting.

If you have to brag about having sex with a woman on an internet forum to insult someone then it's a dead giveaway that you probably haven't.

Enjoy staring at Joey Merlino's six-pack ceiling poster.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863156
10/11/15 09:35 PM
10/11/15 09:35 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
OK, ItalianForever is the first casualty here. He had been warned against flaming in the past but he either has a learning disability or he doesn't care. Regardless, he is now banned from posting here.

STOP THE DAMNED PERSONAL ATTACKS, GUYS!!

Moe, don't get caught up in this shit.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863158
10/11/15 09:36 PM
10/11/15 09:36 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Lol how can you assume he's on welfare because he doesn't share your opinion that its a "waste of taxpayer dollars" to prosecute Joe Ligambi and the Philly administration. Was Gino DiPietro not a medium scale drug dealer? Would his murder not most likely have an association with the drugs and the market they've created? The simple possibility that Ligambi MAY have known, and ignored, if not signed off on, the plans of a murder isn't enough for it to be a "good" use of taxpayer dollars in his prosecution? And is it not possible that the reason he may have signed off on the murder is because of the drug market? He's taken part in and has oversaw acts of violence such as assaults and murder in the past, should he not be prosecuted for those crimes like every other violent criminal should? Sure he's slowed down with age, hasn't committed a murder in years, should it be left up to god for him to judged for his immoral acts?

I'm not saying he did any of the things, but the DiPietro murder, as well as past history is enough to prove that simply ruling out the possibility that Ligambi & the rest of the Philly Mob, in some way has tried to earn through the drug market in the past decade, may not be logical.

And at the end of it all, while being an illegal activity thats "harmless", bookmaking and bullying your way into the video poker market is still illegal. It's a bullshit offense, just like most of our drug laws, but you do the crime, you should be able to do the time without crying wolf.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863198
10/12/15 01:42 PM
10/12/15 01:42 PM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
What do you suggest they do, give them free rein and allow them to become as powerful as they were in the Bruno era?

It is not a waste of taxpayers money. They have brought the organization to its knees.

How did they bring the organization to it's knees? The only significant players that they put away for any real time were Anthony Staino and Joseph Massimino. Eric Esposito, Marty Angelina, and Big Lou in North Jersey received minor sentences - and all except Esposito are home now, and he will be released in May. I'm not saying they shouldn't go after these guys (they are criminals at the end of the day), but the fact that they spent millions of dollars of the taxpayers money and 10+ years on this case to only put a few mob soldiers in prison for a handful of years wasn't worth the time or money.

Philly now has more guys on the streets than they have had at any point since late in the Scarfo regime. I'm not saying they are anything even close to the Bruno or Scarfo era's regarding their power/strength, but they have more numbers on the street (with Esposito and Faffy coming home in 2016) than at any point in the last 20+ years.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863216
10/12/15 03:39 PM
10/12/15 03:39 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Waste of taxpayers money?

It is not a waste of taxpayers money. They have brought the organization to its knees.

They spend whatever is in their means, and in my opinion it is worth its weight in gold.

did you see the trial

if they are going to indict them bring fucking everdince

now what you are doing is twisiting my words i said that i think they should not borther indicting these guys on bullshit charges spending millions

brought what fucking orgainization its knees I AM TALKING ABOUT THE 2011 INDICMENT

ok who did they bring down

stanio and mousie and couple of low level thugs the rest was millions trying to beat ligambi and scoops on bullshit whole thing was embarrassing and a wast of tax payers money if they want to indict them bring a case they did it for the headlines

epecially after the first trial the feds should have rested

i dont know what your smoking completly twisting my words but i am done on this topic the mods are getting annoyed

Last edited by gangstereport; 10/12/15 03:43 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: K1NG6] #863217
10/12/15 03:41 PM
10/12/15 03:41 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: K1NG6

How did they bring the organization to it's knees? The only significant players that they put away for any real time were Anthony Staino and Joseph Massimino. Eric Esposito, Marty Angelina, and Big Lou in North Jersey received minor sentences - and all except Esposito are home now, and he will be released in May. I'm not saying they shouldn't go after these guys (they are criminals at the end of the day), but the fact that they spent millions of dollars of the taxpayers money and 10+ years on this case to only put a few mob soldiers in prison for a handful of years wasn't worth the time or money.

Philly now has more guys on the streets than they have had at any point since late in the Scarfo regime. I'm not saying they are anything even close to the Bruno or Scarfo era's regarding their power/strength, but they have more numbers on the street (with Esposito and Faffy coming home in 2016) than at any point in the last 20+ years.

thank you someone with some common sense that is exactly what i am trying to say

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: mightyhealthy] #863237
10/12/15 09:53 PM
10/12/15 09:53 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
You're wrong about the American justice system. It's completely fucked up.

Maybe not in this case, but in general? We have the highest incarceration rates in the world.

rapist and child molesters get slaps on the wrist

we have a corrupt justice system

pyramid schemes hurt the country more than a broke drug dealer which most dealers are

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: LittleNicky] #863243
10/12/15 11:38 PM
10/12/15 11:38 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You might have an argument if criminal defense attorneys ONLY took on defendants they truly believed were innocent or had been charged unfairly somehow. But that's not the case. Most will take anyone, regardless of the crime, if they can shell out the bucks. They pretty much have to because, as I said, the vast majority charged are guilty as hell. I've worked in the CJ system and know whereof I speak.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: K1NG6] #863259
10/13/15 06:50 AM
10/13/15 06:50 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: K1NG6

35 made men (including Ligambi and Chang, Sr.) on the street with Esposito, Fazzini and Faffy all getting out in less than 9 months. It's amazing how deep this family currently is.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Ted] #863265
10/13/15 08:30 AM
10/13/15 08:30 AM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Ted
35 made men (including Ligambi and Chang, Sr.) on the street with Esposito, Fazzini and Faffy all getting out in less than 9 months. It's amazing how deep this family currently is.

Ted - unless Big Lou is in a halfway house, I'm almost positive that he is out of prison. I remember seeing an article about it awhile back but I can't remember from where. I also checked the BOP website just to double check, and it says that he was released in April.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863286
10/13/15 12:36 PM
10/13/15 12:36 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
SC why do you protect the trolls here at all costs? Isn't it clear that people are sick of them ruining every topic? I guess it's not

Last edited by VegasMikey; 10/13/15 12:36 PM.
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863383
10/14/15 04:10 AM
10/14/15 04:10 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
Also Dame Canalichio got 11 years in that case

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Moe_Tilden] #863384
10/14/15 04:14 AM
10/14/15 04:14 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
1:10

Guy can hardly breathe.. Get that man a cannoli, STAT!

Thats Dante Canalicho, dames brother. hes been on a list of associates before but i never heard of him being involved really..

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: Wilson101] #863401
10/14/15 10:25 AM
10/14/15 10:25 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
SC why do you protect the trolls here at all costs? Isn't it clear that people are sick of them ruining every topic? I guess it's not

Moe was raising valid points in this thread, respectfully, surprisingly. But was just met with personal attacks. That's why SC banned those guys.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863422
10/14/15 02:38 PM
10/14/15 02:38 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Valid points my ass. To even humor the notion that the fbi spending my tax dollars chasing uncle Joe is appropriate is absolutely ludicrous. There are much worse things going on that they could devote the budget and resources towards prosecuting.how would someone know though when they live in a foreign country and just piece together their opinion on our justice system based on articles and archives and their own sense of morality. The money the Feds waste on these guys is a joke, plain and simple.

Re: Pretty Good Philly Mob Newsclip [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #863428
10/14/15 03:17 PM
10/14/15 03:17 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

It's asinine to say that it's a waste of money and resources.

You do realise that when the mafia infiltrated every union it passed on higher costs to the consumer i.e. you, right?

Not to mention the money from people's pension funds that were wiped out.

Funny how when the mafia rip everyone else off, your main concern is what the feds are doing with "your money".

As I said, wilfully obtuse.

How anyone can carry such a blissfully ignorant attitude in these times is beyond me.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull