GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (DiLorenzo), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,838
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Johnny and Tom #49622
07/26/03 10:42 AM
07/26/03 10:42 AM
Cook county jail
lil_mafioso Offline OP
Capo
lil_mafioso  Offline OP
Capo
Cook county jail
In the book when Tom visits Johnny Tom tell him that he should start his own production company and create movies. Tom tells Johnny that the Don will finance him but well ask him for a favor in return. In the book Tom wonders whether Johnny will be smart enough to figure out that the favor wont be from the Don or something. (I cant find my book so sorry if i make no sense) WEll what was the favor?

..Only dont tell me your innocent because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry...
-Michael Corleone
"..it was a murder but not a crime"
Re: Johnny and Tom #49623
07/27/03 08:45 PM
07/27/03 08:45 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
The gist of that passage was that, after the Don had Khartoum's head cut off, Woltz was forced to put Johnny back in that war movie. But Woltz wasn't going to spend any money to help Johnny win an Academy Award for his performance. Hagen was in Hollywood with Johnny to assure him that the Don would support his winning the Award by using influence. Then Johnny said he wanted to be a producer. Hagen told Johnny to plan to produce 3-5 pictures, and when he needed money, to call Hagen, who would give him the name of a bank (influenced by the Don) that would finance the pictures. "Is there anything else?" asked Johnny. "Do you mean, do you have to do anything in return?" replies Hagen. "Of course you do, but it wouldn't be anything that you wouldn't do for your Godfather if he asked you anyway." So, Hagen was telling Johnny three things: That his godfather had faith in him; that his godfather had vastly more power in Hollywood than Johnny imagined; and that there'd be a quid pro quo for the help. That came later, when Michael asked Johnny to sign a contract to appear at the Corleone-backed hotel several times a year to bring in gamblers.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Johnny and Tom #49624
08/16/03 08:58 AM
08/16/03 08:58 AM
Berlin, Germany
consiGliera Offline
Made Member
consiGliera  Offline
Made Member
Berlin, Germany
the "secret favor that´s not mentioned" is, i think, meant to be fontane takinG his childhood pal nino valenti to tinseltown and make him biG. at connie´s reception he complains to his Godson how he forGot his old friends, especially nino. in the book, when fontane decides to call nino and offers to make him biG in the movies, he recalls the conversation with tom and smiles about how smart his Godfather is.

i really love the tom/fontane scenes thouGh they´re completely uninterestinG storywise. i like the fact that they are both "extra sons" to the Don and so different in character they piss each other severely off.

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen
Re: Johnny and Tom [Re: lil_mafioso] #858145
08/29/15 09:38 PM
08/29/15 09:38 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
For me, the most interesting line in the Tom-Johnny exchange is, "I guarantee you that any favor he asks of you, you will offer to do it before he requests it. Okay?" It's obvious that Tom is talking about himself, and how he felt when he went to the Don and offered to work for him. After Vito had saved him, Tom could do nothing else.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull