GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, RushStreet, The_Marble_Guy, 1 invisible), 101 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,166
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850813
07/10/15 09:58 PM
07/10/15 09:58 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

As I've said many times, it's NEVER been about "tolerance" with the gay agenda and their liberal supporters. It's always been about acceptance and celebration.

And to say that it's all in a kid's DNA from the time they are born is rather simplistic and a thinly veiled effort to remove all responsibility and accountability for one's actions. The truth is, gay people fall somewhere on a long spectrum of "nature vs nurture" causes.

In answer to XDCX's post, I'm talking about what should be encouraged by our society on a general level. Stable marriages between a man and a woman should be the ideal and we should not kid ourselves (simply for political correctness sake) that
"gay marriages" or "gay parenting" is in anyway equal or even desirable. It's not. To argue otherwise someone has to be utterly morally bankrupt and have zero common sense.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/10/15 09:59 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850830
07/10/15 11:18 PM
07/10/15 11:18 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
It's difficult to generalize like that Ivy. There are those in the gay community that simply want to be treated equally under the law and be able to marry and have a job without being fired. That's reasonable enough.

On the other hand there is the contingent of people who essentially do as you and many others have feared, forcing it down people's throats, going after people who don't believe what they believe, going after churches, etc. I don't believe being homosexual to be a deviant lifestyle, and I personally don't think it's a choice. Let them do what they want.

But tolerance is a two way street. They must understand and accept that not everyone accept it as normal or mainstream. It's just the way it is. And you won't change anyone's mind by yelling and cursing at them and calling them bigots. At that point all you can do is disagree and walk away.

I wish both the Christian right and the gay agenda and their supporters would do so. But it will not happen with so many people feeling so strongly about this.

Which group is the majority? The ones that want to be seen as equals or the ones that are angry and push their agenda without apology? I'd like to think the former. Remember, often times the loudest people may seem like the majority, but they're actually not.

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850834
07/11/15 12:01 AM
07/11/15 12:01 AM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
I like how the talking points flipped.

Being gay is just hard reality coded at birth.

Gender however is fluid, can be changed at any time, is a socially-constructed "choice". And if you even suggest gender/sex is hard coded reality- then you are bigot, not respecting choices, etc.

The "born this way" thing is going to flip here soon- in fact it already has with discussion of spectrum and being anything but bisexual/willing to try new things is evidence of probably being a closed-minded bigot. Dan Savage and the rest of gay intellectual vanguard had said this for years. And again, he was also intellectual honest to say it was about smashing institutions and not just transitioning them to a new group. Most of the academic literature also overtly admitted this- saying the traditional family was a evil, socially unjust structure that must be overhauled. Ryan T. Anderson provides a list of such citations in his book.

The "same marriage, different people" stuff is a talking point for stupid people. Who could honestly believe that a group that has infidelity rates north of 50% wants the same stable, monogamous institutions as straight people. No change at all. Well get ready for the polyamory, multi-party marriages and the permanence, exclusivity, and monogamy standards to crumble. Enjoy.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 07/11/15 12:13 AM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850836
07/11/15 12:12 AM
07/11/15 12:12 AM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
That gender fluidity stuff is bullshit. It's absolute crap with no scientific evidence to back it up.

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: rockstar_man45] #850838
07/11/15 12:16 AM
07/11/15 12:16 AM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
That gender fluidity stuff is bullshit. It's absolute crap with no scientific evidence to back it up.

Oh I agree, bro. I don't know why the gays would want to associate themselves with the mentally ill.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: pizzaboy] #850839
07/11/15 12:20 AM
07/11/15 12:20 AM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Be interesting to see how the American family evolves as a result of this ruling. Will gay couples prove to be just as effective as parents as the traditional mom and dad family?

Well, you won't have a clear answer to that question for twenty or thirty years. I'm not being sarcastic, but I hope you're not too disappointed if things don't work out the way you expect them to.

Sexuality is written in your DNA from the time you're born.

There are confused teenagers on the fence about the issue (usually the boys) who are preyed on and "helped" out of the closet by middle-aged men who prey on such kids every day.

And they're not looking to "help" anyone. They're looking for young ass. And, a few years later, when SOME of these boys discover that they liked girls after all, the damage done is irreparable because of the guilt and shame that they feel.

My point being, although there may be something to sexuality being coded into DNA (and I haven't read enough about it to make that decision), there are PLENTY of young kids who are coerced "out of the closet" by middle-aged gay degenerates.

Do that to my kid. See if I don't shoot you down like a dog in broad daylight. I'll think of your dead body in the street every day while I'm in prison and I'll sleep just fine.

I think its probably a mix of both. Some are born that way, a few are either are trauma survivors (what you describe above is really that), somewhere on a spectrum.

With lesbians however, my anecdotal experience is a good percentage experienced childhood trauma at the hands of a really bad guy. Whether they would have become that way anyway, I don't know. But it seems like the sexual trauma likely impacted their development.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 07/11/15 12:21 AM.

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: LittleNicky] #850840
07/11/15 01:10 AM
07/11/15 01:10 AM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

Oh I agree, bro. I don't know why the gays would want to associate themselves with the mentally ill.

Often times they aren't mentally ill, just confused as all hell.

I knew couple kids in my old high school that dabbled in that. This girl a few years younger than me was already sort of weird, and then she wanted to go by a different name, a boy's name if you will, but never made up her damn mind. One day 'it' was a girl the next a boy. She had a drunk for a mother and a father with health problems so that might have had something to do with it.

Point is you can't just 'feel' that you're something and then next day backtrack on it. It's pure attention seeking.

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850866
07/11/15 11:22 AM
07/11/15 11:22 AM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Ivy, your comments are based on a skewed, religious belief..they hold as much weight as somebody believing they are a Jedi Knight, so understand why people, in this instance, gay people, might be doubley offended by your comments. Your obviously an intellegent guy, but I'm always slightly dissappointed with your posts outside of OC, they have to be taken with a huge pinch of salt

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850869
07/11/15 12:19 PM
07/11/15 12:19 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
And just remember, we ALL fall somewhere in between that nature/nurture spectrum..including you and whatevever story you hold as a belief

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850872
07/11/15 12:32 PM
07/11/15 12:32 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
How is the divorce rate among gays? Same as straight or more?

The divorce rate among straight is pretty high. Among my own kids it pretty high. Every few years one of them is getting divorced. my oldest three times, next oldest twice, next is once.

My youngest son has never been married, but that will change next year.

Me once was the charm.

only the unloved hate
Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850875
07/11/15 12:37 PM
07/11/15 12:37 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Here is my view on gays. They leave me alone I will leave them alone.

only the unloved hate
Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: fergie] #850892
07/11/15 02:03 PM
07/11/15 02:03 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: fergie
Ivy, your comments are based on a skewed, religious belief..they hold as much weight as somebody believing they are a Jedi Knight, so understand why people, in this instance, gay people, might be doubley offended by your comments. Your obviously an intellegent guy, but I'm always slightly dissappointed with your posts outside of OC, they have to be taken with a huge pinch of salt

I couldn't care less if gay people or anyone else is offended. The truth is the truth, whether it's politically correct or not. But hey, don't take my word for it. Go read the two Matt Walsh articles in the " after gay marriage thread - going after churches" thread. You won't be able to argue with any of it.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: IvyLeague] #850895
07/11/15 02:10 PM
07/11/15 02:10 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: fergie

I couldn't care less if gay people or anyone else is offended. The truth is the truth, whether it's politically correct or not. But hey, don't take my word for it. Go read the two Matt Walsh articles in the " after gay marriage thread - going after churches" thread. You won't be able to argue with any of it.

The Matt Walsh articles are interesting, but it's all doom and gloom when that's really not the case.

It's good you're not worried about offending anyone, I applaud that. People these days are too quick to be offended by a simple opinion usually because it's not politically correct.

But the social climate has changed in this country. Just be wary of those people who would seek to silence or worse dox you just because you have a dissenting belief about gay marriage and gay parenting.

I believe the mother and father family unit to be the cornerstone of our social fabric, but I don't think gay parents should be excluded either. They should be able to raise families same as straight people.

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #850898
07/11/15 02:39 PM
07/11/15 02:39 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
What makes you think straight parents all know how to raise kids? Pretty sure not all gay parents know how to raise kids either.

Those kids would be far better off raised in orphanages. To bad they don't have them anymore.

only the unloved hate
Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: LittleNicky] #850961
07/11/15 05:27 PM
07/11/15 05:27 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
I like how the talking points flipped.

Being gay is just hard reality coded at birth.

Gender however is fluid, can be changed at any time, is a socially-constructed "choice". And if you even suggest gender/sex is hard coded reality- then you are bigot, not respecting choices, etc.

Excellent insight. It just shows the phoniness and hypocrisy of the "GLBT" supporting left. They only care about science when it suits their social agenda. When it doesn't, science goes out the window real fast.

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: Footreads] #850969
07/11/15 05:58 PM
07/11/15 05:58 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Here is my view on gays. They leave me alone I will leave them alone.

Yea, I wish that was possible. Because I totally agree. But here we all are now discussing churches losing tax exempt status and businesses facing multimillion dollar fines for not participating, using their art (whether baking or photography), in a gay ceremony.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 07/11/15 06:04 PM.

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: rockstar_man45] #850971
07/11/15 06:02 PM
07/11/15 06:02 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

[quote=IvyLeague]

The Matt Walsh articles are interesting, but it's all doom and gloom when that's really not the case.

It's good you're not worried about offending anyone, I applaud that. People these days are too quick to be offended by a simple opinion usually because it's not politically correct.

But the social climate has changed in this country. Just be wary of those people who would seek to silence or worse dox you just because you have a dissenting belief about gay marriage and gay parenting.

I believe the mother and father family unit to be the cornerstone of our social fabric, but I don't think gay parents should be excluded either. They should be able to raise families same as straight people.

To simply call the articles "all doom and gloom" is a ridiculous oversimplification designed to not have to acknowledge the solid case he makes against gay marriage because you have nothing to come back with. It's why all those angry liberals could do nothing more than throw out personal insults at Walsh. And our society should not be encouraging gay-raised families or even saying its ok. It's not fair to a child who deserves to be raised by a mother and father, as well as taught correct values and morals. A gay couple provides neither.

Re: Husband, wife ?? Gay/Lesbian Semantics [Re: MaryCas] #852120
07/19/15 10:43 PM
07/19/15 10:43 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
My YouTube video was interrupted today with an ad from Tylenol telling me that I should celebrate all TYPES of families. Have you seen it yet? It's called "How we family".

I was disgusted.

http://youtu.be/k17dw16fuZg

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull