GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 97 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851486
07/15/15 07:21 AM
07/15/15 07:21 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I threw that book away on around the tenth page when Polisi said that "we" hit John F. Kennedy. I literally threw it into the fireplace. He's a lowlife rat, and he wouldn't have been privy to such information even if it were true.

Polisi claiming to be a part of the Marcello or Trafficante family? lol that's the only two I thought were rumored to be involved?

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: DiMaggio] #851488
07/15/15 08:08 AM
07/15/15 08:08 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DiMaggio
I recently came across some information of a 1961 killing of 2 black guys. They were deadbeat gamblers killed on the orders of Carmine Fatico. It says the killers were John Gotti and Willie boy Johnston. Anyone ever hear anything about this one before?

I haven't heard that. Sounds like bullcrap to me though.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: JCrusher] #851489
07/15/15 08:19 AM
07/15/15 08:19 AM
rickydelta Offline
Underboss
rickydelta  Offline
Underboss
yeah I read that some where before gotti killed a few people that for sure smile

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: LaLouisiane] #851504
07/15/15 10:58 AM
07/15/15 10:58 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
I threw that book away on around the tenth page when Polisi said that "we" hit John F. Kennedy. I literally threw it into the fireplace. He's a lowlife rat, and he wouldn't have been privy to such information even if it were true.

Polisi claiming to be a part of the Marcello or Trafficante family? lol that's the only two I thought were rumored to be involved?

Polisi's a bottom-feeding lowlife, and as big a liar as the rest of them. "The Sinatra Club" was half a rehash, half bullshit.

Just like Hill's original biography, "Wiseguy," Polisi's original biography, "Sins of the Father," written in 1989 by Nick Taylor, didn't mention half the shit that Polisi has come out with lately (just like Hill added all of this new bullshit to this book). Hill's a liar, even in death. And in a similar fashion, Polisi was capitalizing on names that are back in the media again. But that interest will eventually wane because the people who really take an interest in this stuff are tired of the repetitive bullshit, and the rest of the reading public doesn't give two shits about the Mafia in 2015.

And speaking of "The Sinatra Club," I don't care how much they needed the money. Any Italian American associated with that movie should be drawn and quartered for the terribly overdone stereotypes. Especially Danny Nucci as Gotti---although he has a cute wife, Paula Marshall, who played the NYU reporter who "outed" George and Jerry as a gay couple on "Seinfeld."

The only solace I take in that film is that it probably cost about a case of beer and a few large pies to make, and it went "straight-to-video" and grossed about twelve dollars. People aren't stupid. Unfortunately, when it comes to this subject (LCN in America), a lot of people are still naive.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851513
07/15/15 11:46 AM
07/15/15 11:46 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Paula Marshall, who played the NYU reporter who "outed" George and Jerry as a gay couple on "Seinfeld.

Had SUCH a crush on this girl growing up. My all time favourite of the 'Seinfeld girls'.

for those that dont know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GMZjkNW5b8

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851514
07/15/15 11:47 AM
07/15/15 11:47 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Plain pies too. All kidding aside, the naivety comment is spot on.

Why is it necessary to link Gotti physically to bodies? it's as if it's necessary to keep this myth about him going. Everyone knows he ordered executions; that came right from his mouth. Whether or not he did the actual heavy lifting in any case before/after Castellano murder is immaterial.

Take the murdering aspect out of LCN. Look at forest thru the trees. It's a pretty safe assessment that he sucked as a boss. He wasn't secretive, he wasnt a brilliant racketeer, he wasn't a prolific murderer, he wasn't a big earner. He was a public persona/stereotype of what mob guys are. And it was innaccurate for both the times he lived in AND the history of the mob.

He was as strong as the people around him. No one is arguing that Dellacroc, Gravano and Decicco butressed his position. I think that hip hop artists in the 90s and the media played a big role in creating this myth about Gotti. The more I learn about him, the less impressed I become.

And anyone, especially anyone writing books, looking to perpetuate this myth is out for a money grab...

The only solace I take in that film is that it probably cost about a case of beer and a few large pies to make, and it went "straight-to-video" and grossed about twelve dollars. People aren't stupid. Unfortunately, when it comes to this subject (LCN in America), a lot of people are still naive.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #851517
07/15/15 11:55 AM
07/15/15 11:55 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Paula Marshall, who played the NYU reporter who "outed" George and Jerry as a gay couple on "Seinfeld.

Had SUCH a crush on this girl growing up. My all time favourite of the 'Seinfeld girls'.

She's gotta be fifty now and she still looks fucking great. I remember reading somewhere that she's four or five years older than her husband.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851524
07/15/15 12:31 PM
07/15/15 12:31 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
If that doesnt do it for you, you play for the other team.

Not that there's anything wrong with that wink

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #851530
07/15/15 12:57 PM
07/15/15 12:57 PM
U.S.A
T
Terence Offline
Made Member
Terence  Offline
T
Made Member
U.S.A
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

That has to be one of the best Seinfeld episodes ever made. Constanza is fucking hilarious. "Do you wanna have sex with me right now? Come on let's go!"

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Terence] #851638
07/16/15 12:43 AM
07/16/15 12:43 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Hahaha yea it is..Kosmo comes in and goes "I tbought we were gonna take a steam together...well I dont wanna sit there naked by myself!"

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851640
07/16/15 01:14 AM
07/16/15 01:14 AM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Offline
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Offline
Made Member
Westchester
Always thought she was hot. .. but Cindy the hooker/maid and Tawney Kittain as the dumb aspiring actress may have been hotter at the time..... but they likely didn't hold up as well as Paula here....

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851655
07/16/15 08:43 AM
07/16/15 08:43 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Know Gotti the way we do, he was an egotistic maniac and always wanting to prove how tough he was. I'm sure he personally pulled the trigger on many people just to show the guys around him....

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851774
07/17/15 09:59 AM
07/17/15 09:59 AM
A
AllDay27 Offline
Capo
AllDay27  Offline
A
Capo
All jokes and bullshit aside though with or without Gotti present for the murder, is it not generally assumed that Tommy Agro killed Tommy DeSimone? I know the info came from that rat fuck Joe Dogs but even still didn't Agro go around literally bragging about killing two DeSimone brothers even joking about killing the 3rd brother and going for the "hat trick" or "three peat" or something like that?

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: AllDay27] #851781
07/17/15 11:14 AM
07/17/15 11:14 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: AllDay27
All jokes and bullshit aside though with or without Gotti present for the murder, is it not generally assumed that Tommy Agro killed Tommy DeSimone? I know the info came from that rat fuck Joe Dogs but even still didn't Agro go around literally bragging about killing two DeSimone brothers even joking about killing the 3rd brother and going for the "hat trick" or "three peat" or something like that?

I was just talking about that book on another board when this story broke. And you're correct, that's where that story originated from, the book "Joe Dogs." However, it was never introduced into evidence at any of Agro's trials. But then again, the Feds could have been holding onto it, but being that Agro died so young they never got a chance to use it. But in my opinion, in legal terms it was all hearsay anyway (even if it was true).

I love that book for one reason: It paints a perfect picture of the wiseguy hangouts in Southeast Florida back in the late '70s and early '80s. I was just a kid in my early 20's, but I remember them well.

We didn't buy our place in Delray Beach until '97, and we didn't really start splitting our time between New York and Florida until around 2006. But I've been visiting that general area all my life, and the author really nailed it. Especially the Diplomat in Hallandale. Today it's ginormous, on par with the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach. But back then it was small, homey, and wiseguy central.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851789
07/17/15 12:46 PM
07/17/15 12:46 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
When my Mom and Dad would visit Chuck Teemer, who lived in Hollywood, Chuck would always put them in a suite at the Diplomat.

Mom and Dad had also experience in the Fontainebleau, but always said the Diplomat was just as luxurious.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Tonytough] #851817
07/17/15 04:51 PM
07/17/15 04:51 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tonytough
Know Gotti the way we do, he was an egotistic maniac and always wanting to prove how tough he was. I'm sure he personally pulled the trigger on many people just to show the guys around him....

not necessarily. Sure he was a tough guy but a triggerman...im not so sure. I really havent seen any evidence. So far the only 2 murders that he may have been personally involved in were mcbratney and plate murders. In mcbratneys case ralph galione was the triggerman. In the plate murder willie boy johnson was most likely the killer with assistance from angelo and maybe gotti

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851834
07/17/15 07:34 PM
07/17/15 07:34 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
jesus christ... more lufthansa stuff? possibly the most played out, re-hashed organized crime topic ever. now Cicale is weighing in? not taking away anything from his career as a gangster, but what the fuck could he possibly have to contribute? any info he has is like 3rd or 4th hand gossip. even his mentor and his mentor's mentor had nothing to do with it. its like the fuckin hoffa assassination. 2 bit wiseguys get a few drinks in them, start talking about the good old days when they were relevant, and claim they know what happened to JFK and know where Hoffa's body is ("they'll never find him" with a wink added on for good measure)

i say enough with lufthansa. put it to bed, they're making it seem like every hustler in ENY/ozone park was involved and got a cut. the dollar amount for the time was big but other than that there wasnt anything impressive about it.

the only new lufthansa relevations id consider believing are the asaro/massino bonanno connections, but even that is thin. massino demanding tribute? he was a knockaround guy at the time, selling christmas trees on the street a few years before

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851873
07/18/15 06:11 AM
07/18/15 06:11 AM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
The "Dip" as we used to call the Diplomat Hotel was the greatest.....,

I worked there all the time. Played Steve and Edie, Mel Torme', Buddy Greco, Vic Damone, Dolly Parton, Liza and on and on. The big shows were in the Cafe Crystal, off to the right you had the "Tack Room".

The Tack room was the gangster room. That was they're hangout. They allways had at least a 7 to 10 piece show band in there. Then there was a little lounge right next to the Cafe Crystal, a littlr tiny place where an accordian player named Lou Tully worked for years.

Then you had Oscar the doorman. Super nice guy, I think he had been there since they built the place.

I watched then blow it up from a friend apartmen from across the street. It was so. so sad to watch all those wonderful memories turn to dust.

Now its a big flashy piece of shit. No personality, looks just like every other hotel. The is absolutely no live music in there anymore. When it first opened they had Sinatra Jr. there. This was about 13 years ago maybe longer.

I haven't worked there since.

Bless you Irwin Cowan wherever you are........

Sal

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Tonytough] #851995
07/19/15 04:03 AM
07/19/15 04:03 AM
rickydelta Offline
Underboss
rickydelta  Offline
Underboss
yeah that how he become a capo and then the boss smile

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #857084
08/21/15 05:42 PM
08/21/15 05:42 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

http://www.oddee.com/item_99420.aspx

Quote:
The sketch artist who was scolded by a mobster for misjudging his hairline Marilyn Church has illustrated a courthouse who's who of killers, terrorists, would-be assassins, celebrity villains, wayward entertainers, mob bosses, upper-crust criminals and high-profile plaintiffs in her four-decade career. They include John Hinckley, Mark David Chapman, John Gotti, Woody Allen, Martha Stewart, Leona Helmsley, Jackie Kennedy, Donald Trump and the “Preppy Killer,” Robert Chambers, among many others.

Just as the artist observes the court, the court at times observes the artist. Mob boss John Gotti closely followed the press coverage of his trial—he knew the artists and reporters and the media outlets they represented.

Gotti's brother once approached Church in court and complained that she had misrepresented the mob boss's hairline. A few days later, Church looked up to see Gotti himself gesturing to her.

Surprised, she looked back over her shoulder, saw no one, and turned again to Gotti. She gestured, "Who, me?"

He nodded, then pointed to his neck and wagged his finger in warning.

“He had been following the drawings,” Church said. “He was saying, ‘Don't draw my neck fat anymore. I'm watching you.'”

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #857112
08/21/15 08:33 PM
08/21/15 08:33 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Sal and Henry seem like bullshit artists, but why the hell would they write about Gotti before Sparks? Average person dont give a shit about your average Gambino Capo now or 30 years ago. Everyone who claims they were alive then would know Gotti wasn't known before that and it is possible these guys didnt think including stories about Gotti would make a difference in say March of 1985. Adding him in 1989 would garner interest from the same people who followed him in news all the time. Not saying these guys are credible but when people say "ohh they bring up Gotti now" like if they knew shit about him writing it before sparks wouldn't have changed nothing or sold another book except maybe Gotti himself buying one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull