GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 73 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,698
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,275
Posts1,057,652
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ #851041
07/12/15 09:32 AM
07/12/15 09:32 AM
A
azguy Offline OP
Underboss
azguy  Offline OP
A
Underboss

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851043
07/12/15 09:43 AM
07/12/15 09:43 AM
yigido Offline
Capo
yigido  Offline
Capo
Sounds like a crap book. I think it was Tommy Agro that killed Desimone? not sure on that one.
And wasn't Gotti capo in 1979? Why would a capo do the dirty work?
And the article says Hill got it from Polisi, so not really a credible source.
But still thanks for the link Azguy.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851044
07/12/15 10:07 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
The only murders I've heard gotti being personally involved in r the murders of vito borelli and Anthony plate , I think this is bullshit

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851045
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Reporters just love to work that name "Gotti" into just about every mob story, so who knows if it's true?

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851048
07/12/15 10:37 AM
07/12/15 10:37 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
This has always been a bullshit rumor created by henry hill. Now foxy jerothe was a underling of gotti and tommy killed him in 74. I have no doubt that gotti wanted tommy dead and probably was involved in some way. However i doubt he was the triggerman. Tommy agro was most likely the killer. Joseph spione who was related to tommy was most likely killed by the bergin crew. Im still not sure if gotti ever pulled the trigger. He was involved in the mcbratney murder but ralph galione was the triggerman. He was involved in the tony plate murder but willie boy johnson and angelo were probably the killers. Vito borelli seems like another rumor. I think demeo took care of him like he did frank amato. John favara was on his orders but he was in florida to create a alibi

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: yigido] #851051
07/12/15 10:58 AM
07/12/15 10:58 AM
Belette Offline
Made Member
Belette  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: yigido
And the article says Hill got it from Polisi, so not really a credible source.

Henry isn't a credible source either.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: JCrusher] #851055
07/12/15 11:07 AM
07/12/15 11:07 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
This has always been a bullshit rumor created by henry hill. Now foxy jerothe was a underling of gotti and tommy killed him in 74. I have no doubt that gotti wanted tommy dead and probably was involved in some way. However i doubt he was the triggerman. Tommy agro was most likely the killer. Joseph spione who was related to tommy was most likely killed by the bergin crew. Im still not sure if gotti ever pulled the trigger. He was involved in the mcbratney murder but ralph galione was the triggerman. He was involved in the tony plate murder but willie boy johnson and angelo were probably the killers. Vito borelli seems like another rumor. I think demeo took care of him like he did frank amato. John favara was on his orders but he was in florida to create a alibi
Anthony plate was the most likely if there was one

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: domwoods74] #851058
07/12/15 11:32 AM
07/12/15 11:32 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Anthony plate was the most likely if there was one

possibly. I still think willie boy took care of that. Plate was a psycho but he was 66 years old so they probably didnt need 3 guys especially the acting capo of the crew

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: JCrusher] #851067
07/12/15 12:31 PM
07/12/15 12:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Nick Pileggi finished "Wiseguy" in late 1985. The first editions were released on a limited basis in December of 1985, just before Big Paul was hit and the book went national in January of 1986. This is very easy to research. Check with the library of congress, or if you have a first addition check the date.

My point is, it's funny how Hill left all of this bullshit out of the first book. Yet when Gotti became the most visible gangster since Capone, Hill slowly but surely had more and more to say about him. At first, on shows like Geraldo, wearing the stupid rubber nose, fake beard, and hat.

There's a reason that Pileggi had nothing to do with "Gangsters and Goodfellas" or this latest pile of shit, and it's not because he didn't like Hill. By all accounts he did. It's because he knew this was all a bullshit money grab, and he'd have no part in ruining his reputation as a journalist.

Verdict: Bullshit.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851068
07/12/15 01:02 PM
07/12/15 01:02 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Nick Pileggi finished "Wiseguy" in late 1985. The first editions were released on a limited basis in December of 1985, just before Big Paul was hit and the book went national in January of 1986. This is very easy to research. Check with the library of congress, or if you have a first addition check the date.

My point is, it's funny how Hill left all of this bullshit out of the first book. Yet when Gotti became the most visible gangster since Capone, Hill slowly but surely had more and more to say about him. At first, on shows like Geraldo, wearing the stupid rubber nose, fake beard, and hat.

There's a reason that Pileggi had nothing to do with "Gangsters and Goodfellas" or this latest pile of shit, and it's not because he didn't like Hill. By all accounts he did. It's because he knew this was all a bullshit money grab, and he'd have no part in ruining his reputation as a journalist.

agreed PB. I do think gotti was involved in the planning of the murder but i doubt he was present much less personally responsible

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851077
07/12/15 01:44 PM
07/12/15 01:44 PM
Belette Offline
Made Member
Belette  Offline
Made Member

Yep, as I said in another thread, all you have to do is listen to him make up bullshit on the Stern show when he's wasted. One day he has never killed anyone and the next day (when he's loaded) he ice picked 3 guys in the back of the head. And once you've said all you know, you have to start making up bullshit to keep yourself interesting.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Belette] #851079
07/12/15 01:50 PM
07/12/15 01:50 PM
Belette Offline
Made Member
Belette  Offline
Made Member
By the way in this video he tells the same story and says "How true it is, I don't know". https://youtu.be/BC54xF3veME (around 22 mins). Sounds like a pretty shaky premise for a book.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851080
07/12/15 01:51 PM
07/12/15 01:51 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Gonna paste the same thing I posted to other forums:

The real Tommy DeSimone doesn't quite deserve to have the name he has in crime history. If it weren't for the fact that Joe Pesci is capable of being so funny and so scary on camera, very few people would know that DeSimone exists. So it's obvious that whoever is behind this book is mooching off the reputation created by Goodfellas. This fact alone is a testimonial to Pesci's talent, I guess. The writers should send Pesci royalties.

Last edited by Ivan; 07/12/15 01:55 PM.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851081
07/12/15 01:52 PM
07/12/15 01:52 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I don't know the true story about any of this .
But it sure sounds like good old Henry wanted some more cash and camera time..

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851085
07/12/15 02:04 PM
07/12/15 02:04 PM
NE1020 Offline
Made Member
NE1020  Offline
Made Member

Same thing with how Hill talks about Karen. Since they divorced and how he tried to get back in the limelight, Hill started making claims about her and trying to make her a whore. He added that story about her having an afair with Vario and almost getting raped by Desimone. The guy abuses what Pileggi and Scorsese gave to get money and get back at people.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: NE1020] #851090
07/12/15 02:12 PM
07/12/15 02:12 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NE1020

Same thing with how Hill talks about Karen. Since they divorced and how he tried to get back in the limelight, Hill started making claims about her and trying to make her a whore. He added that story about her having an afair with Vario and almost getting raped by Desimone. The guy abuses what Pileggi and Scorsese gave to get money and get back at people.

well to be fair the claim about desimone attackinf karen may be true. Desimone was known to be violent toward women, thats what caused his feud with foxy

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851093
07/12/15 02:25 PM
07/12/15 02:25 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Well this guys a idiot but trying to cash in first. The guy asoros cousin was actually in on the plot and will testify everything. Then therewill be alot of books. I don't like the surprise Tommy at the table kind of think the movie nailed it. walk in a empty room boom rolled in plastic and deleo probaly choose him up. Thought agro took the credit to. Killed 2 brothers and threaten the 3rd to trifecta that's crazy.

Last edited by pmac; 07/12/15 02:28 PM.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Ivan] #851094
07/12/15 02:26 PM
07/12/15 02:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Ivan
The real Tommy DeSimone doesn't quite deserve to have the name he has in crime history. If it weren't for the fact that Joe Pesci is capable of being so funny and so scary on camera, very few people would know that DeSimone exists. So it's obvious that whoever is behind this book is mooching off the reputation created by Goodfellas. This fact alone is a testimonial to Pesci's talent, I guess. The writers should send Pesci royalties.

Good post, Ivan. The thing is, the same can be said for ninety percent of the characters in that book. Most of them were bottom feeding lowlifes, whose violent deaths would have ended in anonymity on page thirty of the Daily News if they weren't resurrected and immortalized by Hill, Pileggi and Scorsese (and I firmly believe that several of the minor characters were composites).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851096
07/12/15 02:29 PM
07/12/15 02:29 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
I firmly believe that several of the minor characters were composites

Hell, half the characters in the movie are composites.

As far as I have been able to gather "Tommy" played by Joe Pesci is a composite of Tommy DeSimone, a couple of Paul Vario's sons, and Robert "Bobby Cabert" Bisaccia. The Bisaccia characterization was shoehorned in by Pesci (Cabert had nothing to do with Hill, Burke, et al) just because Pesci thought he was funny ("like a clown", I guess).

Another example of a composite is the "Frankie Carbone" character, who is a combo of Paolo LiCastri, Angelo Sepe, and Richard Eaton.

I know too much about this shit. Imagine if I spent this brainpower on something worthwhile? lol

Last edited by Ivan; 07/12/15 02:36 PM.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851098
07/12/15 02:33 PM
07/12/15 02:33 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...

agreed pizz, sounds liked hyped up horseshit to me. sounds like some shit ed scarpo or kenji gallo would write lol

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851100
07/12/15 02:36 PM
07/12/15 02:36 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Good post, Ivan. The thing is, the same can be said for ninety percent of the characters in that book. Most of them were bottom feeding lowlifes, whose violent deaths would have ended in anonymity on page thirty of the Daily News if they weren't resurrected and immortalized by Hill, Pileggi and Scorsese (and I firmly believe that several of the minor characters were composites).

agreed. Unfortunetly movies especially based on mobsters tend to glorify them. I remember that gotti movie made him out to be a robin hood figure which made me laugh how inaccuarate it was

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Skinny] #851102
07/12/15 02:40 PM
07/12/15 02:40 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Skinny
agreed pizz, sounds liked hyped up horseshit to me. sounds like some shit ed scarpo or kenji gallo would write lol

Ironically, Ed Scarpo and that scumbag Cicale are co-writing an ebook about it. Cicale claims to have inside knowledge.

Newsflash: Cicale was ten fucking years old when they took off Lufthansa rolleyes.

But let's not get started on those guys because I'm having a good day so far lol.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Ivan] #851104
07/12/15 02:46 PM
07/12/15 02:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
As far as I have been able to gather "Tommy" played by Joe Pesci is a composite of Tommy DeSimone, a couple of Paul Vario's sons, and Robert "Bobby Cabert" Bisaccia. The Bisaccia characterization was shoehorned in by Pesci (Cabert had nothing to do with Hill, Burke, et al) just because Pesci thought he was funny ("like a clown", I guess).

Another example of a composite is the "Frankie Carbone" character, who is a combo of Paolo LiCastri, Angelo Sepe, and Richard Eaton.

All true.

I know too much about this shit. Imagine if I spent this brainpower on something worthwhile? lol

No more than most guys who take an interest in researching this stuff. Reading too much is nothing to be embarrassed about. Most of the shit I post is from being an almost 56-year-old man who grew up in a neighborhood where you didn't have much of a choice about knowing these guys. Getting involved with them? Now that's a choice wink.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851106
07/12/15 03:01 PM
07/12/15 03:01 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
in the book "the Sinatra club" sal polisi says that gotti came to him and told him they were going to whack desimone, and gotti asked polisi to come along with them, polisi declined, he was asked because he was foxy jethroe best friend,

so gotti did have a hand in desimone's killing. also I think it's true that vario would not let gotti kill jimmy burke,he was too good as an earner, but, all in all henry hill always was a big liar, and this new book is probably 85 percent fiction.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Binnie_Coll] #851108
07/12/15 03:07 PM
07/12/15 03:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
in the book "the Sinatra club" sal polisi says that gotti came to him and told him they were going to whack desimone, and gotti asked polisi to come along with them, polisi declined, he was asked because he was foxy jethroe best friend

That's if you believe Polisi. He's another bottom-feeding lowlife and liar.

No offense, Binnie. And I'm not saying this because you're from a very rural part of the country. But you take these lowlifes at their word too easily. Anyone can get a ghostwriter and make a bunch of lies sound real.

I threw that book away on around the tenth page when Polisi said that "we" hit John F. Kennedy. I literally threw it into the fireplace. He's a lowlife rat, and he wouldn't have been privy to such information even if it were true.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851116
07/12/15 03:22 PM
07/12/15 03:22 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
I heard Gotti was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: Binnie_Coll] #851118
07/12/15 03:27 PM
07/12/15 03:27 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
in the book "the Sinatra club" sal polisi says that gotti came to him and told him they were going to whack desimone, and gotti asked polisi to come along with them, polisi declined, he was asked because he was foxy jethroe best friend,

so gotti did have a hand in desimone's killing. also I think it's true that vario would not let gotti kill jimmy burke,he was too good as an earner, but, all in all henry hill always was a big liar, and this new book is probably 85 percent fiction.

gotti had a hand in it BUT he probably wasnt directly involved

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: pizzaboy] #851156
07/12/15 08:45 PM
07/12/15 08:45 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
in the book "the Sinatra club" sal polisi says that gotti came to him and told him they were going to whack desimone, and gotti asked polisi to come along with them, polisi declined, he was asked because he was foxy jethroe best friend

That's if you believe Polisi. He's another bottom-feeding lowlife and liar.

No offense, Binnie. And I'm not saying this because you're from a very rural part of the country. But you take these lowlifes at their word too easily. Anyone can get a ghostwriter and make a bunch of lies sound real.

I threw that book away on around the tenth page when Polisi said that "we" hit John F. Kennedy. I literally threw it into the fireplace. He's a lowlife rat, and he wouldn't have been privy to such information even if it were true.

yes,polisi was trying to sound like he was somebody, as they all do, but, he still wasn't as bad as low-life henry hill.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: azguy] #851178
07/13/15 01:08 AM
07/13/15 01:08 AM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Rats are lying pieces of shit, makes it even funnier how some guys believe rats words, and fbi files, when half the time its all bull shit.

Re: New book reveals John Gotti’s role in ‘Goodfellas’ [Re: mackinblack007] #851477
07/15/15 03:31 AM
07/15/15 03:31 AM
D
DiMaggio Offline
Button
DiMaggio  Offline
D
Button
I recently came across some information of a 1961 killing of 2 black guys. They were deadbeat gamblers killed on the orders of Carmine Fatico. It says the killers were John Gotti and Willie boy Johnston. Anyone ever hear anything about this one before?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull