GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 83 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,152
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
the future of george borgessi??? #850260
07/07/15 10:33 PM
07/07/15 10:33 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline OP
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline OP
T
Underboss
new jersey
Boss/final say:joey merlino
Front boss/day to day:george borgessi
Underboss:the ciancaglini's
Consig:joseph ligambi
Street boss:steve mazzone
Capo:marty angelina
Capo:micheal lancellotti
Capo:phil narducci
Borgessi and the ciancaglini's will share in the rackets in delaware

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850261
07/07/15 10:41 PM
07/07/15 10:41 PM
Oscarthedago Offline
Capo
Oscarthedago  Offline
Capo
Dead or in prison.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850263
07/07/15 10:50 PM
07/07/15 10:50 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline OP
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline OP
T
Underboss
new jersey
I don't think he will get killed and prison is in most mobsters futures but as we speak do you think he belongs in the administration

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850270
07/07/15 11:12 PM
07/07/15 11:12 PM
T
tjonezee Offline
Made Member
tjonezee  Offline
T
Made Member
Gets props for taking a long prison stretch and not squealing. The Feds thought he was the guy that would roll in the merlino trial. That being said, he's a midget bully with a complex. That will be his downfall either with the Feds or his own people.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850271
07/07/15 11:16 PM
07/07/15 11:16 PM
Oscarthedago Offline
Capo
Oscarthedago  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
I don't think he will get killed and prison is in most mobsters futures but as we speak do you think he belongs in the administration

While I give him credit for doing his time, from what I've read he is a wild card, completely unpredictable...so no, administration always needs guys who have the ability to evaluate all options.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850278
07/07/15 11:57 PM
07/07/15 11:57 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline OP
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline OP
T
Underboss
new jersey
But before he went away he was trusted to be merlinos consig, he was a huge earner and he kept his mouth shut and he was the official concig, i tjink he deserve his old spot back or better...and georgie boy won't get killed, his name is too high profile and philly don't need the heat so why not make him happy and give him a top position? It takes the heat off of everyone else

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850280
07/08/15 12:02 AM
07/08/15 12:02 AM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
Merlino is not the boss, he doesnt want it. He may get an envelope each month but he wants nothing to do with it. Philly is being run by 3 guys and Merlino is not one of them. Not because he cant but because he doesnt want it. He lives a good life in Florida and everyone agrees he has a target and would be bad for everyone.
Georgie isnt nearly as hated as everyone here thinks, lots of guys like him.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850289
07/08/15 05:15 AM
07/08/15 05:15 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
George grew up with all the old Scarfo guy around Philly and in Atlantic City .
He was close to Skinny and grew up with that crowd .He was in the top three and made good money before he went away.

I do not know how the Scarfo guys think about him now, but Skinnys crew had him near the top and grew up with the guy.

I would think as long as the guy keeps his head on right he will go back in favor...

And as far as Skinny getting a envelope he is Boss or he is Skipper ,thats not having nothing to do with the spot.Now him being asked to sit cos the feds want him like Gotti that's always possibility.
I say it has to do with a lot of things and none of them are good for Skinny....

Like I said before ,if he stays in Philly in the off season ,he is boss,if he goes back to Florida in summer he is being pushed out by members or he just wants to stay alive or out of prison..

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850310
07/08/15 09:07 AM
07/08/15 09:07 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Dont forget, Skinny went to war for control of this family in the 90s and lost his best friend in the process (Ciangaliani), that's why a part of me doesn't see him just giving away control of the family...

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850311
07/08/15 09:26 AM
07/08/15 09:26 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Angelina won't be a capo

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #850317
07/08/15 09:40 AM
07/08/15 09:40 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Dont forget, Skinny went to war for control of this family in the 90s and lost his best friend in the process (Ciangaliani), that's why a part of me doesn't see him just giving away control of the family...

Yeh but that was a long long time ago before he went in the can. Plus he was young. He's a Middle Aged man now having done 12 yrs. I can assure u his mentality would have changed. Back then before the stretch, he was hungry for the money, power & fame... And willing to fight for it

I doubt he still harbours the same thirst for power at the expense of life in prison or losing his life.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: Crash] #850318
07/08/15 09:51 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Crash
Merlino is not the boss, he doesnt want it. He may get an envelope each month but he wants nothing to do with it. Philly is being run by 3 guys and Merlino is not one of them. Not because he cant but because he doesnt want it. He lives a good life in Florida and everyone agrees he has a target and would be bad for everyone.
Georgie isnt nearly as hated as everyone here thinks, lots of guys like him.

Actually, Merlino is. His act must have worked on you better than the feds, though.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #850319
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Correct.

It would make zero sense for him to maintain the official role in jail, and have Ligambi fronting. Just to quit when he got out?

If they believe that, I got this bridge here, see? Real cheap...

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: Blackjack2121] #850325
07/08/15 10:28 AM
07/08/15 10:28 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Its not as simple as your sarcastic remarks suggest.

There is cause for Merlino to be boss. But a strong argument can be mounted that he is not as well.

Each camp has its own merits. So being arrogantly dismissive of the the counter argument is frankly naive.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 07/08/15 10:28 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #850326
07/08/15 10:31 AM
07/08/15 10:31 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Its not as simple as your sarcastic remarks suggest.

There is cause for Merlino to be boss. But a strong argument can be mounted that he is not as well.

Each camp has its own merits. So being arrogantly dismissive of the the counter argument is frankly naive.

Sure, but what makes more sense...

Merlino holds onto power the entire time he is in jail to give it all up the day of his release...

Or him holding onto power once released?

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: Blackjack2121] #850328
07/08/15 10:37 AM
07/08/15 10:37 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss

Merlino holds onto power the entire time he is in jail to give it all up the day of his release...

The stronger of the arguments is, as far as we know, he's the man. But as I said, a case can be made otherwise.

That was my only point.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #850330
07/08/15 10:41 AM
07/08/15 10:41 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

The stronger of the arguments is, as far as we know, he's the man. But as I said, a case can be made otherwise.

That was my only point.

True, I just feel like one scenario is much more likely than the other.

But point taken.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: Tonytough] #850332
07/08/15 10:46 AM
07/08/15 10:46 AM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
I personally just don't buy Merlino not being boss. I personally believe he is and that's exactly the reason he's in Florida. I think he believes that him being down there is best for the family in terms of keeping heat of the family. There's a reason he has a crew down there and always has people/bag men/messengers going back and forth between Philly/Boca. Without LCN he doesn't have anything and as such regardless of any rich fanboys he might have he is still quite clearly getting boss level envelopes and furthermore. I think the only bloodshed you'll see is potentially with Narducci if and when he's able to build up enough support and muscle then he might gun for Merlino and then take the spot and tell Mazzone/Chang come along or get out (he apparently gets along with Mazzone). Mazzone might be loyal to Joey but without him he might not have much of a choice in a situation like that. I think if any of my theory stands true then that's why you aren't seeing much of Joey around Philly. I think Serp is right though with regards to him not being a presence in Philly. I'm just not so sure how viable of a boss he can be while not physically being in Philly much at all if ever. I think he has a loyal enough group that he might be able to keep it going for a while if not the remainder of his days on the streets, however, I just don't see Phil Narducci especially amongst potentially some others not taking advantage of or exploiting the weakness created with him being down in FL. Anyways, enough of my rant, but just wanted to say I agree with the fact that Borgesi is too high profile and loyal to get hit just because he's complaining about not getting a piece of what was his, etc, which incidentally you can say all you want about Borgesi, but he's got a legit beef with this one. Why should he come out on the short end just because he did his time and kept quiet? I think if I had to speculate, smart money is Uncle Joe plays the pragmatist and quietly slides out of the consig spot and gives the spot back to his nephew Georgie Boy. It was his spot before he went away and Uncle Joe was in fact keeping the seat warm for these guys so I don't see Uncle Joe winning that one if it goes to a legit sit-down. Quite frankly, my personal opinion is that Uncle Joe really just wants to retire on his 10+ years of earnings from being at the top and is simply keeping the consig seat "warm" for Borgesi until Georgie gets off of parole and is free of any restrictions. What's the use of Borgesi having the seat while on probation? I think ones he's free he slides back into that slot and I think Uncle Joe is fine with it. Personally, I think that all the hype around Borgesi ruffling feathers was most likely him potentially not understanding the "wait till you get off parole probation" concept and then we'll work you back into the Admin/rackets. And Georgie having the personality that he does was just being impatient and annoying about not waiting or something along those lines, which in turn might have annoyed some people who were telling him wait and be patient, etc.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850442
07/08/15 08:03 PM
07/08/15 08:03 PM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Borgesi goes back to the Scarfo crew, he was always around them as a kid with his Uncle Joe. He got busted alongside them in the 80s, if anything the Scarfo crew now might respect him more than anyone on the street today save for Chickie.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #850450
07/08/15 08:42 PM
07/08/15 08:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
Borgesi goes back to the Scarfo crew, he was always around them as a kid with his Uncle Joe. He got busted alongside them in the 80s, if anything the Scarfo crew now might respect him more than anyone on the street today save for Chickie.

I don't follow Philly, but that's an interesting take. As if Georgie was one of the last of the up and coming twentysomethings around Scarfo.

Here it is thirty years later, some of those old men are back on the street, and Georgie is suddenly middle-aged with a stand-up guy reputation. Under that type of scenario, the old guard might back him up.

If anything, it's an interesting what if. But like I said, I don't know Philly. My interest in that family is recent and stems from the fact that Merlino doesn't live far from me when we're in Florida.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850452
07/08/15 08:52 PM
07/08/15 08:52 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
It's interesting because it seems like every single person in Philly has been in the administration, all of these guys did big time, and now they are all back out. Ton of these guys have legit claims to having a top spot.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: Southphilly4ever] #850453
07/08/15 08:53 PM
07/08/15 08:53 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland

How crazy would it be if in his plot to take over he gets a guy to wear a Halloween mask on Halloween night when Joey is working and start pumping rounds into him at Merlino's restaurant? Think about it, it would say "Scarfo crew is back!"

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850454
07/08/15 09:07 PM
07/08/15 09:07 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Why would he do that... He's tight with skinny

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: pizzaboy] #850460
07/08/15 10:03 PM
07/08/15 10:03 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I don't follow Philly, but that's an interesting take. As if Georgie was one of the last of the up and coming twentysomethings around Scarfo.

Here it is thirty years later, some of those old men are back on the street, and Georgie is suddenly middle-aged with a stand-up guy reputation. Under that type of scenario, the old guard might back him up.

If anything, it's an interesting what if. But like I said, I don't know Philly. My interest in that family is recent and stems from the fact that Merlino doesn't live far from me when we're in Florida.

Most of these old timers are your age PB! lol Narducci, Grande, Punge, Milano etc. They're not much older then Borgesi, George looks terrible for his age, looks lie Fat Tony around the commission trials and he's only 51 lol

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850463
07/08/15 10:15 PM
07/08/15 10:15 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
He's one ugly fucking dude. And prison obviously didn't help.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: mightyhealthy] #850467
07/08/15 10:42 PM
07/08/15 10:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
He's one ugly fucking dude. And prison obviously didn't help.

Just like anything else: Attitude, genetics, being a worrier as opposed to being carefree, etc.

I've seen guys come home after three years looking fifteen years older. Conversely, I've seen guys come home after doing a ten piece looking better than the day they went in.

It all depends. And if you're a first timer, you never know how you're gonna handle it until the door closes. The guys who do the best in prison are the guys who can completely separate themselves mentally from the outside world. The guys who put it in their head that what's going on inside their cell is all that's going on in the world.

If you don't think you're missing anything, you'll do better time.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850468
07/08/15 10:46 PM
07/08/15 10:46 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Must be hard to not think you're missing anything. Gotta respect guys who do their time. Staring 20 years in the face must be daunting as all hell.

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: mightyhealthy] #850563
07/09/15 06:42 PM
07/09/15 06:42 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Must be hard to not think you're missing anything. Gotta respect guys who do their time. Staring 20 years in the face must be daunting as all hell.

I don't Borgesi deserves too much sympathy.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850568
07/09/15 07:08 PM
07/09/15 07:08 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
philly ain't got enough territory for all these guys to chop up amicably

they'll probably start killing by the beginning of next year

Re: the future of george borgessi??? [Re: thebigfella] #850646
07/09/15 11:35 PM
07/09/15 11:35 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I doubt it, too much heat, but who knows which these cowboys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull