GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (faffy444, RushStreet, Lou_Para, mobcleve, Captbony1999, 1 invisible), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,176
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: Footreads] #849275
07/01/15 10:51 PM
07/01/15 10:51 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
The reason the kkk gets involved with this shit is to recruit new members.

I agree. I think they will get a lot more donations than members though. From a tactical standpoint, makes sense for them exploit the flag controversy.

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: pizzaboy] #849303
07/02/15 01:22 AM
07/02/15 01:22 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
And now they're pulling Dukes of Hazard episodes on TV Land.

That's absurd. Why not pull every show from the '50s and '60s that didn't feature Black characters?

Bend over backwards liberalism run amok. I weep for the future of this country. And I'm serious, too.

Tell me about it, PB. My generation makes me sick.

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849307
07/02/15 02:02 AM
07/02/15 02:02 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Yep they are marching in Columbia or Charleston on the 17th of this month I think? The Sons of Confederate Veterans (not a hate group) wrote a letter to the Klan today telling them to keep the Confederate flag out of it and that they shouldn't use it (we know they will for sure now) and then told them they should be ashamed for their views. I guarantee you that doesn't get any play in the media. People will be too stupid to even look at something like this too.

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849328
07/02/15 10:55 AM
07/02/15 10:55 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
I live in Spring Hill, FL. It borders Brooksville, FL. My family comes from Long Island but I've been here most of my life. In school most of my friends were rednecks. Most were/are racist and enjoy their rebel flags. I could give two shits. When I was younger I had to spend a couple of weeks in a Tampa jail. On the outside, the blacks want to cry racism all day. When I was in jail, it was the other way around. The blacks were the racist ones. It was like reverse 1950's "what you looking at you white motherfucer?"I feel that the south lost and they should let it go. Then I see all the hispanic flags, the blacks still blaming the white man for everything, and all of the other ethnic bullshit that goes on throughout this country. Anyways, this past Saturday 6/27/2015, a group of activists from Tampa packed in a minivan heading to Brooksville's courthouse to remove the confederate flag and burn it. What a big mistake for those idiots. They were confronted by Brooksville ( a good portion of the town, both black and white). Those activists were scared away and failed at their agenda. This is a perfect example of how people need to worry about themselves and their town. If this was back in the 1960's you could guarantee those activists would have been executed. It was also nice to see a community to band together and standup for what they believe in. This country has so many problems right now but somehow gay marriage and confederate flags are on the top of the priority list? If they can make an amendment for gay marriage, they should make an amendment that gay or straight cannot get divorced after they get married. It would make people think twice before getting married. Also, there should be an application for those who plan to have children. Just like getting a mortgage, if you cant afford them don't bring them into this world!

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849338
07/02/15 11:37 AM
07/02/15 11:37 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
You can't erase history. How else can we learn from our mistakes?

You can say what you want about Southern pride, but that flag is also linked to slavery, segregation, the KKK, and a belief system that purports that some people are less than.

Do I think it should be banned? No. Do I think it should fly in front of courthouses and state houses and schools? No. Do I think that the Dukes of Hazzard and corresponding merchandise should be yanked from TV and stores? Ridiculous.

Removing the flag from public spaces is probably long overdue, but that doesn't mean we should try to wipe its existence off the earth.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: BAM_233] #849357
07/02/15 01:49 PM
07/02/15 01:49 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
No it needs to stay.

Quick history lesson: After the French and Indian war, the Cajun's in Acadia were sold into slavery by the British (I'm white by the way). The Confederacy freed the Cajuns during the civil war. So by removing the flag you are erasing my peoples history and the reason we became free. But I guess that's cool my history can be tread upon because my ancestors were white slaves and not black. smh

First time hearing about this. But, yeah sadly from what I have seen on the internet only POC's can slaves. I really hope your history can survive this, and be taught to future generations.

Also, has anybody brought up that NY film critic who believes that Gone with the Wind should be banned?

www.cajunmafia.com

In the history part it explains most of what really happened.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: LaLouisiane] #849358
07/02/15 01:51 PM
07/02/15 01:51 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849360
07/02/15 01:57 PM
07/02/15 01:57 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
LaL-

I looked through the site at your link, but the question I can't find the answer to is whose slaves were the Cajuns that were freed by the confederacy mentioned in your post. Who owned them when the CSA free them? France?

Last edited by helenwheels; 07/02/15 02:09 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: helenwheels] #849368
07/02/15 02:25 PM
07/02/15 02:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Slightly off topic, but completely relative to the conversation:

Look how much, and more importantly, how intelligently, both Dixie and LaLou have added to this debate. They're obviously both very intelligent young guys, LaLou has served our country (for which I'm grateful), and yet Southerners are often pre-judged for being "dumber" than their Northern counterparts.

And, hey, I've made jokes about the Ozarks and the like in my day. But I'm not a politically correct guy and it was all in fun. But when you read what these two great posters have to say about their "neck of the woods," and what that flag means to Southern pride, you can only draw one objective conclusion:

As far as personal use goes, the flag stays. It means too much to these folks. That's not my usual "two cents." That's a period, with an exclamation point!

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849376
07/02/15 02:49 PM
07/02/15 02:49 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
I don't think personal use is in question. We, as a nation, have never banned anything like that private citizens. And I don't think we're going to start now, despite what certain pundits would like people to believe.

Jeez,even the ACLU has defended the rights of American Nazis and the KKK to exercise free speech. Yes, those 'libruls' lol

You don't get much more open in regard to expression than that. It is one of the things about America that is truly great. An that's not chest thumping jingoistic nonsense. There's plenty wrong here,but we do get some things absolutely right.

For full disclosure- I don't want it on government buildings. But if anyone wants to walk around dressed head to toe in the battle flag, or put it on their lawn, I'll support their right.

Last edited by helenwheels; 07/02/15 02:50 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: helenwheels] #849378
07/02/15 02:53 PM
07/02/15 02:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
For full disclosure- I don't want it on government buildings. But if anyone wants to walk around dressed head to toe in the battle flag, or put it on their lawn, I'll support their right.

Very well put. You're a smart broad, Helen.

Hey, that's for last night lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: getthesenets] #849380
07/02/15 03:02 PM
07/02/15 03:02 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
http://www.irehr.org/issue-areas/race-ra...te-flag-removal

In addition to “standing up for our Confederate history,” the Loyal White Knights have also been standing up for Dylann Roof, the white nationalist accused of the Charleston murders. According to the group’s hotline, Roof was a “young warrior.” Loyal White Knights Grand Dragon, Robert Jones, told the Post and Courier the Roof was “heading in the right direction; wrong target.”

While supporting the murders generally, Jones disagreed with the targets and the church location. According Jones, Roof “should have actually aimed at the African-American gang-bangers, the ones who are selling the drugs to white youth, the ones who are robbing and raping every chance they get.”

What the article didn't point out is that there is no national Klan organization anymore and that the Klan name is in the public domain and can be used by anyone, including this group of lowlifes.

Not surprising that they support Dylann Roof. They deplore that he murdered people in a church and said he should have fired on gangbangers, but what they don't seem to realize is that beside being an evil murderer, Roof is (and was) a coward. After all, why hasn't this Klan group gone into some gang-infested neighborhood to try their crap there? Because they're also cowards.

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: pizzaboy] #849384
07/02/15 03:06 PM
07/02/15 03:06 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Very well put. You're a smart broad, Helen.

Hey, that's for last night lol.

Thank you Pizzaboy, you're no slouch in the brains department yourself.

And I don't mind broad. It's old school, like me. Broads and fellas, its all good.

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: helenwheels] #849391
07/02/15 03:22 PM
07/02/15 03:22 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
LaL-

I looked through the site at your link, but the question I can't find the answer to is whose slaves were the Cajuns that were freed by the confederacy mentioned in your post. Who owned them when the CSA free them? France?

Yea it only goes up to 1785 slightly under a hundred years before the war. A lot of people don't know this but there were Indians that live in the swamps of Louisiana like the Chitimatcha, Tunica, Choctaw etc. that felt the Cajuns were invading on their territory. The plantation owners were more around New Orleans and north towards Mississippi. The Indians would do raids all over the south in Cajun Country and capture the women and kids and sale them into slavery. This was mostly all undeveloped land where the plantations were so the wealthy were buying slaves of all color.

It's less known throughout history but it numbered in the thousands that were sold back into slavery over the next 100 years until the Civil War. When that happened the confederacy told all slaves that fought would be granted their freedom. Kinda like in the American Revolution when the British told the african american slaves if they fought they would be freed.

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849394
07/02/15 03:30 PM
07/02/15 03:30 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Thank you. It was driving me crazy because I couldn't find the answer to my question smile

The only thing I knew until now about Cajuns during the war was that many refused to fight on either side, which I admired. I like that type of independence.

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: pizzaboy] #849406
07/02/15 04:16 PM
07/02/15 04:16 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Slightly off topic, but completely relative to the conversation:

Look how much, and more importantly, how intelligently, both Dixie and LaLou have added to this debate. They're obviously both very intelligent young guys, LaLou has served our country (for which I'm grateful), and yet Southerners are often pre-judged for being "dumber" than their Northern counterparts.

And, hey, I've made jokes about the Ozarks and the like in my day. But I'm not a politically correct guy and it was all in fun. But when you read what these two great posters have to say about their "neck of the woods," and what that flag means to Southern pride, you can only draw one objective conclusion:

As far as personal use goes, the flag stays. It means too much to these folks. That's not my usual "two cents." That's a period, with an exclamation point!

Thanks. I hate that stereotype more than anything but I'm also not stuck up enough that I will laugh along at it too if that makes sense. Like I told someone on facebook yesterday, my family hasn't owned slaves since my 5th Great Grandfather which was well before the war. I won't apologize for them because they were not the only ones to own slaves, and I won't apologize because it had nothing to do with me nor did I have a hand in it. As I've said before, I had two Grandfather's on the CSA side, the 37th and 47th Alabama, one died at Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga after being paroled in Vicksburg. Then I had a Grandfather on the 23rd Pennsylvania Volunteer Zouave regiment (Google Zouaves, cool stuff) who was injured and discharged after Malvern Hill. So of course I support both sides and can't say I would support one over the other. I would say if you ran into me or LaLou anywhere other than here you would say we were not two inbred rednecks from the South except for probably our slang and accent. But we'll both admit we have idiots living down here as well.

But like you said if I could sum up the flag in two words it would be Southern pride. It's not that we hate outsiders or anything like that, matter of fact you know my love for the Northeast. Rhode Island is one of my favorite states to visit. But like you mention with the Italians that stuck together, lived together, etc. when they made their treck to the U.S. we are the same way.

As for the Ozarks we can agree, some weird folk up there lol

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849437
07/02/15 06:44 PM
07/02/15 06:44 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
When will these dumb liberals realize that all this will do is increase the amount of confederate flags flying?

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: NickyEyes1] #849489
07/02/15 09:25 PM
07/02/15 09:25 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
When will these dumb liberals realize that all this will do is increase the amount of confederate flags flying?

And a greater distance between those who fly them and those who do not.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849633
07/03/15 02:16 PM
07/03/15 02:16 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
I say bring back "amos and andy" it was a great t.v. show.

and bring back the movie "the song of the south"

these have been banned. why?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849637
07/03/15 02:33 PM
07/03/15 02:33 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Amos and Andy was banned?

I liked that show the mystic knights of the sea lodge smile

only the unloved hate
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849638
07/03/15 02:34 PM
07/03/15 02:34 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Did they ban Dumbo because the crows were black?

only the unloved hate
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #849687
07/03/15 06:32 PM
07/03/15 06:32 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
that flag has no business being a "state" flag in this day and age

but if people wanna hang the flag outta their car windows it's their right

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #850033
07/06/15 10:54 PM
07/06/15 10:54 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
South Carolina Senate votes 37-3 to remove Confederate flag; House still to vote

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-confederate-flag-south-carolina-20150706-story.html#page=1

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #850034
07/06/15 11:00 PM
07/06/15 11:00 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
These guys have it as their backdrop, just looks cool to me, that why it probably will stay, just as some sort of americana - you cant really get rid of it, loads of foreigners recognise it, which means money..

http://youtu.be/iD_RZ_3OQOI

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #850035
07/06/15 11:03 PM
07/06/15 11:03 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
maybe we need see what flag is flying over chicago (10 dead, 58 wounded this weekend, including children) and ban it

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #850038
07/06/15 11:09 PM
07/06/15 11:09 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Nicky, see my isis comment on the other thread....we seem to put up with anything in the name of free speech these days, I wont post it here though because it just isn't the same level of argument and I wouldn't disrespect the thread with such a picture

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #850040
07/06/15 11:12 PM
07/06/15 11:12 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
But, assholes can say, well its just a flag

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #850068
07/07/15 04:25 AM
07/07/15 04:25 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: fergie
It stays, if it goes now, it'll gain a guaranteed rep in 100 years as basically a swastika, and that's totally wrong

I don't agree with what the Confederate flag may or may not stand for. I certainly don't respect it's original bearers, the Confederates....but we have free speech in this country.

That said...

The best way to deal with this issue is to enforce US flag code which is actually federal law.

US Flag Code states that NO other flag of any other government may be flown...by itself, or above the American Flag.

The only way to display a foreign flag (IE the flag of another government or power) is to fly it BENEATH Old Glory, or side by side. NEVER alone. That (flying a foreign flag alone)....is an act of war all by itself.

That said, I am fine with the Confederate flag as long as it is flown BENEATH Old GLory, or side by side, not by itself.

Now, if you love waving the Confederate Flag...but cannot see yourself waving Old Glory next to it, maybe it's because you don't believe in the values Old Glory has come to represent. And that is not only un-American, it actually marks you as an enemy of this country.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #850112
07/07/15 10:57 AM
07/07/15 10:57 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@littlenicky

the south, west and northwest sides of chicago are becoming like detroit

no jobs but plenty of drugs, guns, liqour stores, and PATHETIC SCHOOLS

@alfaromeo

well said

Re: The Confederate Flag - should it stay or go? [Re: fergie] #850115
07/07/15 11:20 AM
07/07/15 11:20 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Germany is an interesting place. There are plenty of buildings that the nazi built and used in WW2 that are still standing today. They just rename them to something else. Then you see old Germans go there.

Right near what's left of the Berlin Wall near where the separation between west and east Germany. On the west German side is the old gestopo head quarters another another name.

I wanted to play stick ball off the old Berlin Wall what was left of it. I found a good spot facing gestopo head quarters.

My kids told me they would do it. My Amanda the communist told me Jan's family her then husband would be on the other team.

Then they all backed out. So I asked my oldes son to pitch to me and I would try to hit and hopefully hit gestopo head quarters. He back out as well.

But I am pretty sure my grandson Henry who is 5 will do it with me. I just got to stay around until he gets a little older to do it. When it happens I will put it on you tube.

only the unloved hate
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull