GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 93 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,406
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,805
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,299
Posts1,058,139
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Two and a Half Men" Series Finale #829481
02/19/15 06:59 PM
02/19/15 06:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Absurd. But I called it four years ago. I was just off about the details. Stop reading if you don't want to read the SPOILERS AHEAD:

First of all, I stopped watching years ago. Even before the far inferior Ashton Kutcher joined the cast, the show had been in a downward spiral since at least season five or six (Sheen left after season eight). But I wanted to watch the finale tonight to see if my hunch was correct.

During Charlie's funeral (the season nine premiere), the absence of the body led me to believe that the character was still alive. Now for years I figured that he faked his death to get away from Rose (his crazy stalker). Well, I was wrong about that. But I was right that the character was still alive. They totally ripped off "Misery." Rose had Charlie locked up in a dungeon for the past four years rolleyes rolleyes.

Worst finale in the history of television. And Chuck Lorre (who I vigorously defended when Sheen went off his rocker) should be ashamed of himself for not actually bringing Sheen back for the episode. The details unfolded without an actual appearance from Charlie (they used silly animated cartoon type characters for the flashbacks). The only bright spots were a surprise appearance by Arnold Schwarzenegger as a police detective, and the surprise return of Angus T. Jones.

And completely off topic: The new "The Odd Couple" ain't gonna make it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: pizzaboy] #829525
02/20/15 03:33 AM
02/20/15 03:33 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Worst finale in the history of television....

...And completely off topic: The new "The Odd Couple" ain't gonna make it.

The worst is a pretty low bar, but it was a bad finale. In taking the whole hour to trash Charlie Sheen personally, they basically agreed that he was the whole show all along. Chuck Lorre's little card at the end of the show said that they had gotten close to Sheen returning, but couldn't agree on the story.

Agree 100% on "Odd Couple," PB. One of things Matthau and Klugman shared about Oscar was a sense that they were restraining themselves from going after Felix physically. Matthew Perry is just too laid back to project that, and I'm not sure that can be fixed.

The Big Bang Theory episode last night dealt with the death of Carol Ann Susi, who played Mrs. Wolowitz. I thought they did quite well in saluting a lesser but well-liked character.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: mustachepete] #829528
02/20/15 04:29 AM
02/20/15 04:29 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mustachepete
The Big Bang Theory episode last night dealt with the death of Carol Ann Susi, who played Mrs. Wolowitz. I thought they did quite well in saluting a lesser but well-liked character.

YES!!!!

Now that was the CBS high point of the evening. I was still half under the impression that they would just computer generate Susi's voice because she was just a modern day (but much funnier version) of Carlton (this is Carlton your doorman) from "Rhoda". Unseen, but still an important supporting character.

I'm so glad I was wrong. The penultimate scene, when Wolowitz got the phone call, was unexpected and very moving.

Very tasteful, and very unlike anything Lorre has ever done before. The whole cast did a wonderful job. They even humanized Sheldon for five minutes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: pizzaboy] #829542
02/20/15 07:15 AM
02/20/15 07:15 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
...I was still half under the impression that they would just computer generate Susi's voice because she was just a modern day ( but much funnier version) of Carlton (this is Carlton your doorman) from "Rhoda". Unseen, but still an important supporting character.

...The whole cast did a wonderful job. They even humanized Sheldon for five minutes.

Yes, putting that wisdom into Sheldon's mouth was inspired.

I thought one option would be just to keep recycling her comments from previous shows, in different contexts, but didn't think they'd actually do it. One funny possibility would be for Howard's long lost father to come back, and be exactly the same as her.

Last edited by mustachepete; 02/20/15 07:17 AM.

Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: mustachepete] #829553
02/20/15 08:44 AM
02/20/15 08:44 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I was disappointed in the finale as well. Tho Sheen made the show, I don't hate Kutcher like everyone else. I watched off/on but for my taste, show was sometimes a little "raw"/risque)" for my taste.

That being said, it was also very very funny at times. I always hated the Rose character. I found her unfunny and annoying and as soon as I saw her face, I knew it wouldn't be that good. rolleyes

I too was expecting Charlie to show in the end. Like I said, it was a disappointment.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: pizzaboy] #829708
02/20/15 07:44 PM
02/20/15 07:44 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I stopped watching after Sheen departed. However, I thought they were approaching shark-jumping near the end of his tenure.

TIS, I'm surprised. I found Rose's character to be a nice foil to Charlie and Alan.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: olivant] #829709
02/20/15 07:50 PM
02/20/15 07:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant
I found Rose's character to be a nice foil to Charlie and Alan.

They don't use foil in California, Oli. The granola eaters out there think it's bad for the environment.

Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: pizzaboy] #829719
02/20/15 10:12 PM
02/20/15 10:12 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

They don't use foil in California, Oli. The granola eaters out there think it's bad for the environment.

We use foil, it's plastic bags that Governor Jerry Brown banned.

I was never into Two and a Half Men. I thought it was pretty foul and never thought it was funny. I did see a few episodes with Sheen and he seemed to play his part well and obviously had the top role in the show. So out of curiosity I watched the finale and wasn't disappointed because my expectations were low to begin with. It seemed like the whole story was written in five minutes and was just Chuck Lorre's way of getting back at Sheen. The end reminded me of Loony Tunes cartoon. Dropping pianos? Really?? The only good thing about it were the cameos.

Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: Faithful1] #829758
02/21/15 08:51 AM
02/21/15 08:51 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

I know that, Faithful. But I'm sure you of all posters got my sarcastic shot at the Far Left, and the actual spirit of my post.

Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: pizzaboy] #829777
02/21/15 12:01 PM
02/21/15 12:01 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
I liked the animation portion of the finale... but that's just the nerd cartoonist side speaking.

There were parts that made me laugh out loud pretty good.

Was that text Walden got from Charlie about tiger blood word for word the same real text Chuck Lorre received from Sheen?

Last edited by Mark; 02/21/15 12:02 PM.
Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: pizzaboy] #829812
02/21/15 04:35 PM
02/21/15 04:35 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

I know that, Faithful. But I'm sure you of all posters got my sarcastic shot at the Far Left, and the actual spirit of my post.

I got your sarcasm. I put that up for the benefit of those who are unaware of the stupidity that goes on in this otherwise great state. I expect it's only a matter of time before the left-wing stupidity bankrupts the state entirely.

Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: Faithful1] #830337
02/25/15 12:50 PM
02/25/15 12:50 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
If you want to see Charlie Sheen

record or watch tonight's 2/25 episode of the Goldbergs on abc....

Re: "Two and a Half Men" Series Finale [Re: pizzaboy] #971619
05/16/19 06:40 PM
05/16/19 06:40 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Big Bang Theory is going away tonight. Not the show it was five years ago, but I've still watched most episodes. They made an unusual transition to your basic domestic sitcom, and milked about five years out of it.

About all I'd like to see in the wrap up is for sad sack Raj to get his girl. I guess the new girl could come back from London. I think his No. 1 girl, though, is Lucy from years ago. Or maybe the cleaning lady. He has an engagement ring in his pocket, so he's pretty much a knuckleball.

What HAS to happen is the elevator gets fixed. Very last shot, the doors open and someone gets off.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull