GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (joepuzzles234, Captbony1999), 115 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,359
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,201
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #825770
01/26/15 06:18 AM
01/26/15 06:18 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
When I was a callow youth, many moons ago, I was whacked down below decks whilst playing football (soccer). This was most painful and caused my balls to over inflate to twice their normal size (and they are big to begin with). I had to retire to the hospital to have the fluid taken out via needle. Not one of the most pleasant experiences of my life I have to say.... frown

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: J Geoff] #825846
01/26/15 02:42 PM
01/26/15 02:42 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Yogi, you have an uncanny way of making the grotesque sound palpable. Must be that British panache. "whacked down below decks". Andrew Dice Clay would have said, "ooohww, I got kicked in the nuts. My balls were the size of grapefruits. So I asked the nurse if she would...., and I'd give her some bodily fluids."

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: MaryCas] #825932
01/27/15 07:29 AM
01/27/15 07:29 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Us Brits are well known for our panache MC, but thanks awfully for pointing it out.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #825935
01/27/15 07:55 AM
01/27/15 07:55 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Just a random story that made me laugh.

Yesterday while listening to the radio the host said he had just interviewed Debbie Reynolds (I think a biography is coming out soon). Anyway, he played short segments of the interview.
He asked about the paparazzi back then and she said it was awful cause they'd be right in front of her house. However, she thought it's probably worse today.

Well, it got to a question about her husband Eddie Fisher and the famous Liz Taylor scandal. She said she had known Liz from somewhere (school maybe). Anyway, she said that when Liz's husband died (She had 8 but I assume Mike Todd), she sent Eddie over to console her. And, she said "boy did he console her. Next time I'll send a card." lol Made me laugh

I always liked her and I certainly remember the cover of every movie magazine having Taylor,Fisher, Reynolds on the cover. Ha ha Then of course not long after covers changed to Taylor/Burton.

TIS

At the sag award show she got a life time achievement award. She started to wander making her acceptance speech. Her daughter the star wars girl introduced her.

only the unloved hate
Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: J Geoff] #826266
01/29/15 06:42 PM
01/29/15 06:42 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Are you easily approachable? Random people come up to me all the time to ask me my opinion or for my help whether I'm at a store or walking on the trail or sitting at a parent meeting. I usually do have the right answer they're looking for but how do they know I know? Does this happen to anyone else?

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826272
01/29/15 07:55 PM
01/29/15 07:55 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Are you easily approachable? Random people come up to me all the time to ask me my opinion or for my help whether I'm at a store or walking on the trail or sitting at a parent meeting.

Just as long as they don't ask, "How much"?? lol

Some people just have a look about them that makes them approachable. My second wife was like that ..... she had a very friendly face and others (strangers) would always start up a conversation with her.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: SC] #826381
01/30/15 04:51 PM
01/30/15 04:51 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: SC
Are you easily approachable? Random people come up to me all the time to ask me my opinion or for my help whether I'm at a store or walking on the trail or sitting at a parent meeting.

Just as long as they don't ask, "How much"?? lol

lol lol lol You're funny SC. Yea that wouldn't go over too well with me

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: J Geoff] #826446
01/30/15 09:25 PM
01/30/15 09:25 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
I get emails everyday showing the viewers' comments on my Epaisan YouTube channels' videos. These ladies chat with one another and a few of them enjoy talking and reminiscing about old times so much that they are now Facebook friends smile That makes me happy.

Other comments are very racist calling Italians derogatory names. I rarely reply back to these losers but when I do I get plenty of back-up from my subs they are happy to comment back at the guy for me. wink Most of the time I just delete the comment.

The latest comment (joke) someone posted on my Italian-American joke video is:
Italians wear gold chains to know where to stop shaving lol

One of my favorite comments is from an old timer from the Bronx.
Ring the doorbell with your elbow. Meaning have your arms so full of food from Arthur Ave. that you have to ring the doorbell with your elbow. lol lol

And one wrote: We always had so much food packed in our fridge we never knew it came with a lightbulb until we went to eat over at a friends house lol

Now someone just wrote a comment on Little Pal those are always depressing.

My dad has been gone almost 48 years, but I never forget how he told me to study hard in school and not be "just a bum like me." He was no bum, but was ashamed that he didn't finish high school. Just because losing his own father at age 9, and being forced to help the younger ones, and when the depression came in '29, he had to go to work. Men like that are a bit more hard to find these days.

This songs so touches my heart. i cry every time.

I now have 563 subs lol lol lol can you believe that

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826474
01/31/15 07:19 AM
01/31/15 07:19 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I find that a couple of grunts and some severe shoulder shrugging discourages random strangers from approaching me for help.....

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #826477
01/31/15 07:41 AM
01/31/15 07:41 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
When I first moved to California I was surprised that I ALWAYS had people coming up to me and speak Spanish and/or ask me if I did. When I worked at the school, if there was a Spanish speaking parent that came in, they'd look around and walk right up to me thinking I was Mexican and starting talking to me Spanish. Ha ha! Being from Michigan I never had that experience. confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: J Geoff] #826493
01/31/15 09:54 AM
01/31/15 09:54 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
My wife has always attracted people whether adults or kids. I've been with her a number of times when people will approach her and just start talking to her about any number of things.

On the other hand, I seem to attract the "Hey, get away from my kids" type of attention. No kidding. I've experienced some unnerving situations. Well, I guess it's not my pleasing smile.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #826518
01/31/15 11:57 AM
01/31/15 11:57 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
I find that a couple of grunts and some severe shoulder shrugging discourages random strangers from approaching me for help.....

I've got to remember that Yogi lol
I would've guessed that you would have your own fan club. You are always so pleasant and witty wink

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #826519
01/31/15 12:00 PM
01/31/15 12:00 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
When I first moved to California I was surprised that I ALWAYS had people coming up to me and speak Spanish and/or ask me if I did. When I worked at the school, if there was a Spanish speaking parent that came in, they'd look around and walk right up to me thinking I was Mexican and starting talking to me Spanish. Ha ha! Being from Michigan I never had that experience. confused

TIS

That's funny TIS cuz that happens to me too. I find that in LA ppl think I'm Jewish, in OC I'm Mexican and in Jersey I'm Italian. How bout that?
Did you learn any Spanish?

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: olivant] #826522
01/31/15 12:02 PM
01/31/15 12:02 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: olivant
My wife has always attracted people whether adults or kids. I've been with her a number of times when people will approach her and just start talking to her about any number of things.

On the other hand, I seem to attract the "Hey, get away from my kids" type of attention. No kidding. I've experienced some unnerving situations. Well, I guess it's not my pleasing smile.

lol Really? People actually say that to you. That's funny. You must be a no-nonsense type of guy.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826527
01/31/15 12:16 PM
01/31/15 12:16 PM
California

California

TIS

That's funny TIS cuz that happens to me too. I find that in LA ppl think I'm Jewish, in OC I'm Mexican and in Jersey I'm Italian. How bout that?

HI A-Girl, No I never learned Spanish at all except maybe a few basic phrases.

I don't know many Italians in CA. There few and far between in my area that's for sure.

smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/31/15 12:17 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #826528
01/31/15 12:26 PM
01/31/15 12:26 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA

TIS

I don't know many Italians in CA. There few and far between in my area that's for sure.

smile

TIS

If we ever get together for an Italian type function I will let you know. Through the years I think I met every single Italian in so Cal through the Italian Club at church lol We'd also advertise our sausage and peppers booth at the local street fair and these east coast Italian transplants came out of the woodwork lol. Get your bocce throwing arm in shape. We always play a few games. And man do those games get SERIOUS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826529
01/31/15 12:36 PM
01/31/15 12:36 PM
California

California

TIS

smile

TIS

If we ever get together for an Italian type function I will let you know. Through the years I think I met every single Italian in so Cal through the Italian Club at church lol We'd also advertise our sausage and peppers booth at the local street fair and these east coast Italian transplants came out of the woodwork lol. Get your bocce throwing arm in shape. We always play a few games. And man do those games get SERIOUS

I know it's NO comparison to anything like NYC, but there is an Italian Festival in San Diego in Oct AND a Sicilian festival in SD in April. I've never been but am talking to my daughters about checking them out. Might be fun. Have you been?

I remember in MI at family reunions, the old timers playing bocce. I can't say I remember HOW to play it though.

TIS

http://www.littleitalysd.com/events/little-italy-festa/

http://www.sandiego.org/events/festivals-and-street-fairs/sicilian-festival-little-italy.aspxj

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/31/15 12:37 PM.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: J Geoff] #826530
01/31/15 12:46 PM
01/31/15 12:46 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
TIS I've been twice to the one in Oct/Nov. I take the train from Fullerton to San Diego get off at the last stop then you just walk a few blocks and you are right in Little Italy. It's nice. You get to hear the music, dancing, eat good food, see the car show, and look at the chalk art. It's a mix of the local Italians, college kids, and tourists. They just never have zeppole cry when I go.
The weather is beautiful down there. Maybe I will go too and see you there.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826531
01/31/15 12:51 PM
01/31/15 12:51 PM
California

California
Sure, we'll keep tabs as the time nears. Sounds fun. smile

Btw, I didn't think I've had Zeppole and I looked it up. It looks like what I know as Sfingi? confused

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: J Geoff] #826532
01/31/15 12:55 PM
01/31/15 12:55 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
I think it's the same thing. Italian doughnut that's tastes so YUMMY

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826533
01/31/15 12:56 PM
01/31/15 12:56 PM
California

California

Yes I remember my grandmother made it every Holiday. It's been years since I've had some. smile

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #826534
01/31/15 12:58 PM
01/31/15 12:58 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA

Yes I remember my grandmother made it every Holiday. It's been years since I've had some. smile

TIS

Maybe you and I should open a booth and sell them. I'd do it in a second. People love them. We'd have the most popular booth at the festa smile

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826537
01/31/15 01:11 PM
01/31/15 01:11 PM
California

California

TIS

Maybe you and I should open a booth and sell them. I'd do it in a second. People love them. We'd have the most popular booth at the festa smile

Sounds fun only I've never made them. I only eat them. However, you can make them and I'll strong arm people to come to the booth. lol You know...make them an offer..... panic

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #826545
01/31/15 01:25 PM
01/31/15 01:25 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA

TIS

Sounds fun only I've never made them. I only eat them. However, you can make them and I'll strong arm people to come to the booth. lol You know...make them an offer..... panic

TIS

lol So funny TIS.

If San Diego was closer I'd seriously consider opening up a booth to sell the zeppole and those bow ties my aunt used to make.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826549
01/31/15 01:30 PM
01/31/15 01:30 PM
California

California
You a good cook/baker A-Girl? I make my own spaghetti sauce (Which you NYers call gravy but I grew up knowing it as sugu.) wink I've made Italian bread before but it's been years. The older I get the less I bake it seems. However, I am still good at eating. Ha ha

I don't think OC OR LA have any kind of Italian Festival do they? SD is the only one I've heard of. confused

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/31/15 01:31 PM.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: J Geoff] #826550
01/31/15 01:32 PM
01/31/15 01:32 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

What are you New York Italians like if you don't like food in a restaurant? Would you complain and/or send it back or would you just grin and bear it?

I would just grin and bear it. I don't like making a scene but I think you guys don't give a f*ck and tell it like it is. And that's the way to be!

Am I right?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Moe_Tilden] #826553
01/31/15 01:37 PM
01/31/15 01:37 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
What are you New York Italians like if you don't like food in a restaurant? Would you complain and/or send it back or would you just grin and bear it?

I would just grin and bear it. I don't like making a scene but I think you guys don't give a f*ck and tell it like it is. And that's the way to be!

Am I right?

I've got a couple stories for you but my Dad is from Jersey but hung out in Brooklyn and also Canal St years ago. Let's just say he's a Jersey/NY guy.

When I was little I'd be at an Italian restaurant starting to eat my meatballs and spaghetti and after a few bites my pops would say to us.
Get up we're leaving. This food tastesike shit. Then he'd tell the waiter or owner your food is terrible. We're not coming back.

Then another time I walked in his house he was on the phone and saying Hey Tony you're from NY? Well I'm from Jersey and this is no NY pizza! Your pizza sucks.
He had a pizza delivered from there

There's more stories but you get the point

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: Alfanosgirl] #826557
01/31/15 01:41 PM
01/31/15 01:41 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Am I right?

I've got a couple stories for you but my Dad is from Jersey but hung out in Brooklyn and also Canal St years ago. Let's just say he's a Jersey/NY guy.

When I was little I'd be at an Italian restaurant starting to eat my meatballs and spaghetti and after a few bites my pops would say to us.
Get up we're leaving. This food tastesike shit. Then he'd tell the waiter or owner your food is terrible. We're not coming back.

Then another time I walked in his house he was on the phone and saying Hey Tony you're from NY? Well I'm from Jersey and this is no NY pizza! Your pizza sucks.
He had a pizza delivered from there

There's more stories but you get the point

Ha ha ha ha!! lol I'd be more "grin & bear it." Unless it was really really bad.

I do remember growing up with loud talking tho. When my relatives got together, they'd be in the same room but still yell. Ha ha Nobody seemed soft spoken for the most part. THO I don't consider myself loud. Just everyone else. Ha ha

TIS

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #826558
01/31/15 01:42 PM
01/31/15 01:42 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
You a good cook/baker A-Girl? I make my own spaghetti sauce (Which you NYers call gravy but I grew up knowing it as sugu.) wink I've made Italian bread before but it's been years. The older I get the less I bake it seems. However, I am still good at eating. Ha ha

I don't think OC OR LA have any kind of Italian Festival do they? SD is the only one I've heard of. confused

TIS

LA does. It's changed from what I've learned. I've never been to it. It's the San Gennaro festival I'm pretty sure in September.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2015-) [Re: J Geoff] #827421
02/07/15 01:23 AM
02/07/15 01:23 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
The San Gennaro Festival out here is in Hollywood. People complain that it's overpriced.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/feast-of-san-gennaro-los-angeles

http://www.feastofla.com/

I went to one in San Diego several years back. Wasn't anything to write home about.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull