GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,175
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra #792748
07/29/14 09:50 PM
07/29/14 09:50 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Out of the three main mafia organizations in Italy, which is the most powerful? I recently read an article saying that the N'drangheta is far more powerful than any criminal organization in Italy at the moment. I recently saw "Inside the Gangster Code" on the American Heroes Channel and they went and investigated the Camorra in naples. They gave an inside look into Secondigliano, Naples. I'm guessing that's the poorest and most dangerous town in naples. What is the most dangerous town Calabria and other parts of Italy?

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #792761
07/29/14 10:56 PM
07/29/14 10:56 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
When you are talking about Italy you can't say Cosa Nostra you gotta say Sicilian Mafia or just mafia since that's the only MAFIA in the world.
Cosa nostra is Italian-American organized crime

They just picked up a very heavy hitter in the Camorra not too long ago and he allegedly turned rat. Most of the poorest towns or villages are in Caserta a province next to Naples.
Casal di principal comes to mind.

They say the n'drangheta is getting more powerful especially in Canada especially in the drug trade.

I'm sure someone on here will give you ur answer. In the meantime change cosa nostra to mafia. Ciao.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #792769
07/30/14 01:25 AM
07/30/14 01:25 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
I don't really consider either one THAT more powerful than the other. You must not forget that both the Camorra and Ndrangheta consist of various clans that act independently from each other. And while the Sicilian mafia and the Sacra Corona Unita (of Apulia) have a more centralised structure, they as well consist of more or less independent acting groups. Clans within each of the 4 large colloquial "mafia"-type organizations are often prone to feuding with each other over the control of local and international rackets.

The Ndrangheta is the newer "hype" of the moment. They hold a lot of sway in the cocaine trade and they are extremely clannish (and thus not easy to penetrate by law enforcement). As several 'ndrina clans spread throughout Canada and Western Europe (most notably Belgium and Germany) their name became known. Nevertheless I wouldn't say the Ndrangheta dwarfs the traditional Sicilian mafia by any means.

The Sicilian mafia has been weakened due to the heavy prosecution of some of their top names, but I still consider them just as powerful as the Ndrangheta or the Camorra. Sicilian mafia clans are widespread throughout Canada, South America as well as Southern Europe. In the cocaine and hashish trade they may not be as powerful as the Ndrangheta or the Camorra, but more than the Ndrangheta they operate behind legitimate and sophisticated businesses (real estate,...).

The Camorra is a bit less widespread than the Ndrangheta and the Mafia. Outside of Italy they have their main presence in the South of France and Spain. They traditionally had the best connections with the Corsican organized crime clans in France. Like the Sicilian mafia they also operate a lot behind real estate businesses, etc... They are however the most prone to infighting. Camorra clans are constantly at war with each other. This is felt the most in poor Naples suburbs (Scampia, Secondigliano,...) or areas on the outskirts of Naples such as Caserta (for instance the Casalesi- which are said to be the most powerful Camorra clan- finds its origins in the town of Casal Di Principe in Caserta).

SCU clans from Apulia do have an international presence, but in the "Western" areas (North America, Western Europe,...) they are less visible than either the Ndrangheta, Sicilian mafia or Camorra. Of all the Italian criminal organizations they however do have the best connections with the strongest of the three Balkan-based types of organized crime: Albanian OC, Serb/Montenegrin OC and Bulgarian OC. They work a lot in weapons trafficking, as well as human trafficking and some drug trafficking that passes through the Balkans (heroin through Northern Albania & Kosovo and Serbia & Montenegro; cocaine and synthetic drugs through Bulgaria). The Montenegrin port city of Niksic has a known presence from the SCU as well as from Kosovo and Belgrade-based groups.

The SCU is internationally the weakest (although they're still quite strong in their own right and are still among the top criminal organizations), but the difference in power between the Ndrangheta, Sicilian mafia and Camorra is a lot smaller. These 4 are however without question the main Italian types of OC. In Sicily there was once the Stidda, but they've been more or less absorbed by the Mafia. The Mala Del Brenta in the Veneto region is pretty much done.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #792770
07/30/14 02:43 AM
07/30/14 02:43 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Iif you want to make a comparison I have to tell you that the Ndrangheta is the strongest of all.
He replaced the Sicilian Mafia in the drug traffick, also unlike the Cosa Nostra, the ndrine being founded on blood ties, have so far been immune to the pentitismo.
The Calabria is also the poorest regions of Italy; and making an estimate, there are about 7000 ndrine members on less than 2 million inhabitants, a criminal every 300 inhabitants.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #792818
07/30/14 06:50 AM
07/30/14 06:50 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Since we covered the poorest towns what are the most dangerous? Would they just be the poorest towns? Personally I don't think I've been to any real poor towns in Italy.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #792822
07/30/14 06:57 AM
07/30/14 06:57 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
The Sole24ore a financial newspaper the most dangerous city is Turin, but in general given that Italy is not a third world country, I can tell you that every major Italian city has its dangerous neighborhoods (Zen, Ballarò in Palermo, the Spanish Quarter and Scampia in Naples, Quarto Oggiaro in Milan etc.)

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #792828
07/30/14 07:10 AM
07/30/14 07:10 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
That's surprising I would've thought it'd be somewhere in southern italy since that's where a high concentration of the mafia operates.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Alfanosgirl] #792986
07/30/14 03:58 PM
07/30/14 03:58 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
When you are talking about Italy you can't say Cosa Nostra you gotta say Sicilian Mafia or just mafia since that's the only MAFIA in the world.

You're mistaken. If you listen to any Italian news programs or read any Italian papers, you'll see, and/or hear, them refer to "Cosa Nostra" when they are talking about Sicilian mafia. If you're in Sicily, and around anyone talking about the mafia, they will use the term "mafia" as a reference to ALL the mafie in Italy and Sicily as well. "Mafie" being the plural of Mafia, because it refers to all groups.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #792987
07/30/14 04:02 PM
07/30/14 04:02 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Welcome back, C!

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: carmela] #792988
07/30/14 04:06 PM
07/30/14 04:06 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela

You're mistaken. If you listen to any Italian news programs or read any Italian papers, you'll see, and/or hear, them refer to "Cosa Nostra" when they are talking about Sicilian mafia.

That's right. The only difference is that in America people often say "La Cosa Nostra", while in Italy it's just "Cosa Nostra".

It's funny that in America they seem to have forgotten Italian: in the documentary "Sugar Wars" about the Cleveland mafia, acting boss Angelo Lonardo twice pronounced it like "Costa Nostra". Or like when they pronounce "Calabrese" as [kalabriz] instead of [kalabreze].

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Mark] #792989
07/30/14 04:12 PM
07/30/14 04:12 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Mark
Welcome back, C!

Thanks Mark, but I'm not back to posting. I have a lot of crap going on and need to not post, but figured I'd chime in on this as it's nothing "heavy" lol.

Dwalin...Yeah, I totally agree. It's too funny.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: carmela] #792992
07/30/14 04:15 PM
07/30/14 04:15 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mark
Welcome back, C!

Thanks Mark, but I'm not back to posting. I have a lot of crap going on and need to not post, but figured I'd chime in on this as it's nothing "heavy" lol.

Understood... good to see you. Drop in when you can! smile

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: carmela] #793009
07/30/14 04:49 PM
07/30/14 04:49 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
WOW I had to look this up on the Italian newspapers online and can't believe it. They used mafia and cosa nostra interchangeably. I stand corrected.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention--I hate when ppl blab about stuff they don't know anything about without checking the facts and here I am doing it on this blog. Geez so unlike me.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #793057
07/30/14 08:14 PM
07/30/14 08:14 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
N'dranghetta , Camorra and then Sicily IMO but I don't think the earnings gap is very big between the 3.

N'dranghetta it seems has become more global thru capturing drug market share in the EU and North America and plowing it into semi legit EU businesses and real estate and I think this is what propelled them to the top . I have read these guys have a ton of real estate, multi billions portfolio

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: carmela] #793065
07/30/14 09:29 PM
07/30/14 09:29 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss

You're mistaken. If you listen to any Italian news programs or read any Italian papers, you'll see, and/or hear, them refer to "Cosa Nostra" when they are talking about Sicilian mafia. If you're in Sicily, and around anyone talking about the mafia, they will use the term "mafia" as a reference to ALL the mafie in Italy and Sicily as well. "Mafie" being the plural of Mafia, because it refers to all groups.

That's what I thought. Cosa Nostra means "Our thing" in italian of "swagger"? Because I thought I saw somewhere that it means both in italian but I could be mistaken.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #793066
07/30/14 09:32 PM
07/30/14 09:32 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Here's another question, is it Aquila or Puglia? Is Puglia just the correct way to say it or did they change the name from Puglia to Aquila? That kind of confuses me a little bit. This could be a very stupid question and if it is then I'm sorry lol.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #793070
07/30/14 10:14 PM
07/30/14 10:14 PM
M
mldetroit Offline
Made Member
mldetroit  Offline
M
Made Member
Revis - You might be interested in reading Gomorrah by Roberto Saviano.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #793087
07/31/14 02:21 AM
07/31/14 02:21 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
'Ndrangheta have the best connections in Colombia and South America,and they spread around the world more than Camorra & Cosa Nostra.In the thread "Rare Photos" i posted pictures of maps,showing known families in Germany,South Ameria,Spain...'Ndrangheta families dominates.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: mldetroit] #793148
07/31/14 07:55 AM
07/31/14 07:55 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mldetroit
Revis - You might be interested in reading Gomorrah by Roberto Saviano.

Wasn't that a movie as well? And I'll look into it

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Strax] #793149
07/31/14 07:56 AM
07/31/14 07:56 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Strax
'Ndrangheta have the best connections in Colombia and South America,and they spread around the world more than Camorra & Cosa Nostra.In the thread "Rare Photos" i posted pictures of maps,showing known families in Germany,South Ameria,Spain...'Ndrangheta families dominates.

What page in the rare photos I would like to see them

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #793171
07/31/14 09:27 AM
07/31/14 09:27 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
These charts are from the book " Mafia Export " of Francesco Forgione,you can see the mafie of mafias in the world. In few world after the 1992 when Cosa Nostra declare war to the State,suddently the mafia lost his global importance in the drug traffic,the Camorra never had the importance in the drug trade,in fact Michele Zazà and Lorenzo Nuvoletta aka the Mafioso from Marano, the only camorristi affiliated with the blood oath in the Sicilian Mafia; the ndrangheta after the 1990 when a important law against the kidnappings make them not so easy and profitable,the ndrangheta use the bilions of lire in the cocaine traffic.
Also the Camorra and Mafia or Cosa Nostra are known and have been represented in movies, books, etc. and only after 2000 Ndrangheta has emerged in all its power, thanks to the magistrate Nicola Grattieri and writer Francesco Forgione.

Australia
[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/nbrqrej[/img]

Canada

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/c8cgj4j[/img]

Switzland

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/5mq8t7j[/img]

Balkans

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/nmmntyj[/img]

Benelux

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/mjrw52j[/img]

UK and Ireland

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/0uzljej[/img]

France

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/mjso0ej[/img]

Germany

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/1asa58j[/img]

Spain and portugal

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/nl9f99j[/img]

[img:center]https://imageshack.com/i/nqiqtnj[/img]

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #793174
07/31/14 09:35 AM
07/31/14 09:35 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Revis, Apulia is the english name of the region,in italian is Puglia,Dwalin in the American Mafia with a few exceptions, the second or third generations of Italian-Americans don't speak Italian, they know only the minimum Cosa Nostra, omertà, caporegime etc.
It's happened to the sons of my uncle that emigrated to Canada, they speak English and only my uncle and aunt speak italian with us.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: furio_from_naples] #793229
07/31/14 12:23 PM
07/31/14 12:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Revis, Apulia is the english name of the region,in italian is Puglia,Dwalin in the American Mafia with a few exceptions, the second or third generations of Italian-Americans don't speak Italian, they know only the minimum Cosa Nostra, omertà, caporegime etc.
It's happened to the sons of my uncle that emigrated to Canada, they speak English and only my uncle and aunt speak italian with us.

And keep in mind that the Italians in Canada hold onto the language a little longer than their Italian American counterparts. For the most part, in America, the language is gone by the time the grandchildren of the original immigrants are adults.

And there's nothing----and I mean NOTHING----more obnoxious than a fourth generation Italian American who doesn't understand the Italian language, yet picks up a dozen words of Italian slang, and uses them CONSTANTLY. Just like those mopes on "The Sopranos."

Like my pal Carmela always says, these people need to be shot grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Alfanosgirl] #793235
07/31/14 12:33 PM
07/31/14 12:33 PM
D
DoctorTwink Offline
Button
DoctorTwink  Offline
D
Button

They just picked up a very heavy hitter in the Camorra not too long ago and he allegedly turned rat. Most of the poorest towns or villages are in Caserta a province next to Naples.
Casal di principal comes to mind.

They say the n'drangheta is getting more powerful especially in Canada especially in the drug trade.

I'm sure someone on here will give you ur answer. In the meantime change cosa nostra to mafia. Ciao.

They're all called the mafia both in Italy, the United States, and in the other countries they're in.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: DoctorTwink] #793311
07/31/14 04:49 PM
07/31/14 04:49 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Thnx Doc
Carmela already corrected my mistake but if you feel you need to show everyone on here that you corrected me too ok go ahead. I'm trying to get used to ppl like you. I'm used to helping one another n having other peoples back. I don't like ur style. Maybe I'm wrong about you but that's the impression u give me.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Revis_Knicks] #793312
07/31/14 04:52 PM
07/31/14 04:52 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Get at em girl!

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: pizzaboy] #793701
08/02/14 07:39 PM
08/02/14 07:39 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

And keep in mind that the Italians in Canada hold onto the language a little longer than their Italian American counterparts. For the most part, in America, the language is gone by the time the grandchildren of the original immigrants are adults.

And there's nothing----and I mean NOTHING----more obnoxious than a fourth generation Italian American who doesn't understand the Italian language, yet picks up a dozen words of Italian slang, and uses them CONSTANTLY. Just like those mopes on "The Sopranos."

I agree. They're american not italian.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: Alfanosgirl] #794446
08/06/14 01:31 PM
08/06/14 01:31 PM
D
DoctorTwink Offline
Button
DoctorTwink  Offline
D
Button
Thnx Doc
Carmela already corrected my mistake but if you feel you need to show everyone on here that you corrected me too ok go ahead. I'm trying to get used to ppl like you. I'm used to helping one another n having other peoples back. I don't like ur style. Maybe I'm wrong about you but that's the impression u give me.

There's a lot of trolls on this site, and you seem like one of them. You completely flipped out at me, and lost it when I told you how the mafia did nothing to actually help fellow Italians/Italian-American business owners in NYC and other cities and small towns where Italians/Italian-Americans were, and instead they just stole or extorted money from their fellow Italians/Italian-Americans, I'm not sure why you believe these myths or defend the Italian mafias? You write like a teenage girl on a cellphone, and love to argue or snipe at people who do not agree with you. I'm sure you're a nice person in real life but I'm not here to argue.

Last edited by DoctorTwink; 08/06/14 01:34 PM.
Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: pizzaboy] #794449
08/06/14 01:33 PM
08/06/14 01:33 PM
D
DoctorTwink Offline
Button
DoctorTwink  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I don't hate on them. But I just realize that they do not speak actual Italian and instead speak slang they picked up from TV shows and movies like the Sopranos, Godfather movies, Goodfellas, etc. that just perpetuate the myths about Italians/Italian-Americans and the mob, like the myth that most/all Southern Italians especially Sicilians, Calabrians, and Neapolitan people can trace their heritage back to someone who was involved in the mafia either in Italy or the United States, and other stuff that's not true.

Re: N'drangheta, Cosa Nostra and Camorra [Re: DoctorTwink] #794467
08/06/14 04:09 PM
08/06/14 04:09 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: DoctorTwink
Thnx Doc

There's a lot of trolls on this site, and you seem like one of them. You completely flipped out at me, and lost it when I told you how the mafia did nothing to actually help fellow Italians/Italian-American business owners in NYC and other cities and small towns where Italians/Italian-Americans were, and instead they just stole or extorted money from their fellow Italians/Italian-Americans, I'm not sure why you believe these myths or defend the Italian mafias? You write like a teenage girl on a cellphone, and love to argue or snipe at people who do not agree with you. I'm sure you're a nice person in real life but I'm not here to argue.

I'm not here to argue either. There are certain topics that I like to address voicing my opinion which may be the unpopular side to take but it's what I've been told or experienced in my own life. Writing is not a strong subject for me as my daughter said the same thing about how I write like a 14 year old when I showed her my posts. -So you got me on that one-
In any event, we may be on two totally different wavelengths, completely different upbringings. I've already told you on another post that you make a very good argument for the people you knew who were taken advantage of by cosa nostra.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull