GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ciment, 1 invisible), 175 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,819
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,208
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A few mistakes during the series #791626
07/24/14 08:57 PM
07/24/14 08:57 PM
M
mldetroit Offline OP
Made Member
mldetroit  Offline OP
M
Made Member
To anybody the finds this interesting I noticed a few errors in the series.

-The polish maid Lilliani has a husband. The first time we see him is when he comes into the kitchen wearing the jacket that Richie had given Tony (yes, DA jacket). It is a tall slender guy in his 40s. Later in the series the husband is a completely different older guy.

-When the FBI plays the tapes from the Green Grove retirement community for Tony. On the tapes you can hear a conversation between Liv and Junior. However, the conversation they play actually occured while Junior and Liv were standing in line at a movie theater - and would have been basically impossible for the FBI to tape. If I remember correctly, it is when Liv is saying something like "They barely have a father now. You should see how he comes to dinner."

-There is a scene in the pizza parlor where Jackie Aprile turns around and accidentally bumps into a guy. The guy then drops his pizza and they kind of yell at each other. When Jackie bumps into the guy his sunglasses fall off his head onto the ground, yet 1 second later when the guy turns around his sunglasses are magically back on. Yes...I have watched this series 5 million time to notice things like this.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #791628
07/24/14 09:13 PM
07/24/14 09:13 PM
M
mldetroit Offline OP
Made Member
mldetroit  Offline OP
M
Made Member

And something odd....In Richie's social club there is an Irish flag hanging on the wall.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #791629
07/24/14 09:15 PM
07/24/14 09:15 PM
Scottsdale
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt Offline
Underboss
Its_da_Jackeeettttttt  Offline
Underboss
Scottsdale
Had never noticed the Polish husband -- nice catch. I know there were a few recasts during the series run -- like in Season One, Pussy's wife is a larger woman, and Silvio has a different wife as well. Tony's sister Barbara was an actress named Nicole Burdette from Seasons 2-3, and an actress named Danielle Di Vecchio in later seasons. Nicole was a slight, slender woman, whereas Danielle was built more like Tony and Janice.

The Polish maid's last name was mentioned in Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood as Wosilius. That's more of a Lithuanian name, IMO.

I noticed the Green Grove tapes discrepancy as well -- the only conceivable way they could have caught that conversation was on a parabolic microphone, but even then, it was very windy in that scene, so the sound quality would have never been that good as it was when they played the tapes for Tony.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #791630
07/24/14 09:16 PM
07/24/14 09:16 PM
Scottsdale
Underboss
Underboss
Scottsdale
Originally Posted By: mldetroit

And something odd....In Richie's social club there is an Irish flag hanging on the wall.

That could have been Italian flag where the red is faded to an orangish hue. I'll have to take a look.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #791631
07/24/14 09:17 PM
07/24/14 09:17 PM
Scottsdale
Underboss
Underboss
Scottsdale
The flag looks to be green/white/red here, and looks to be in the 2:3 ratio of the Italian flag (Ireland's flag is 1:2...wider and flatter):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yijs4Eo50uM

Last edited by Its_da_Jackeeettttttt; 07/24/14 09:19 PM.
Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #791633
07/24/14 09:31 PM
07/24/14 09:31 PM
California
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Capo
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Capo
California
Good observations.

I think the case with Stasiu being played by different actors isn't technically a mistake. There's a few instances where actors were switched. In an early episode Joseph Gannascoli plays Gino a bakery customer and of course later Vito. Chris's mother was played by Nancy Cassaro for one episode (when he's in the hospital after being shot) and then Marianne Leone Cooper took over the role of Joanne. In the pilot Siberia Federico played Irina and Oksana Lada played her for the rest of the series.Tony's sister, Barbara was also portrayed by two different actresses -Nicole Burdette and Danielle Di Vecchio.

It's like the two Darrins.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #791635
07/24/14 09:36 PM
07/24/14 09:36 PM
Scottsdale
Underboss
Underboss
Scottsdale
Or this:

In Season One, Livia whines about an offer being accepted on the house. Then in Season Two, Barbara and Janice are discussing the house just going on the market. Maybe the original offer fell through, but it's sloppy.

A fun one -- in All Happy Families, notice AJ's pants when he, Tony and Carmela meet with Wegler. They're tan in his office, but black in the subsequent shot.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt] #791662
07/25/14 04:39 AM
07/25/14 04:39 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

I noticed the Green Grove tapes discrepancy as well -- the only conceivable way they could have caught that conversation was on a parabolic microphone, but even then, it was very windy in that scene, so the sound quality would have never been that good as it was when they played the tapes for Tony.

I have seen that episode a few times and picked up on that too. It was so windy that someone's hat blew away in that scene. I remember Livia really trying to sell the idea of killing Tony being the right thing and Junior doing his best to ignore her. She mentioned something about a distant relative having a lobotomy and equating it Tony "better that she was never born."

The final 3 episodes of Season 1, "Nobody Knows Anything," "Isabella," and "I Dream of Jeannie" were amazing.

A few of the lesser "Soprano" characters appeared on "Seinfeld." Neil Minck, Junior's first lawyer, sold Kramer a used wheelchair. And Assemblyman Zellman was an NBC executive toward the end of "Seinfeld."

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #791694
07/25/14 07:45 AM
07/25/14 07:45 AM
Scottsdale
Underboss
Underboss
Scottsdale
Let's not forget when the good Assemblyman was a mere Delta pledge, having to decide between his friends and Karen Allen. Maybe it was Senator Blutarsky who steered the Esplanade funds his way.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #791844
07/26/14 03:41 AM
07/26/14 03:41 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Big pussys wife was played by a totally different character, in the episode where the indictments are coming down, where hes burning stuff in the yard.

Silvios wife in that episode was also played by a different character.

Good observation on Chrissy's mother being different too, she was played by a much younger character, infact she didn't look much older than Adriana.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #795054
08/09/14 07:27 PM
08/09/14 07:27 PM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
Who was Pussy's wife played by in that episode? His wife is still around after his death so that seems odd to me.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: PetroPirelli] #795083
08/09/14 10:49 PM
08/09/14 10:49 PM
Scottsdale
Underboss
Underboss
Scottsdale
Originally Posted By: PetroPirelli
Who was Pussy's wife played by in that episode? His wife is still around after his death so that seems odd to me.

I think it's uncredited. Nothing pops up on IMDB for the episode.

Toni Kalem was Pussy's wife in subsequent episodes.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #796188
08/15/14 04:17 PM
08/15/14 04:17 PM
Scottsdale
Underboss
Underboss
Scottsdale
Caught one today, idly watching "A Hit is a Hit" from Season 1:

After Adriana and Christopher leave Massive G's party and return home, Christopher discusses recalling his father talk about the Italians running the music business.

It's established in later episodes that Dickie Moltisanti was murdered when Christopher was an infant, so it's unlikely that Christopher would have remembered that.

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #796278
08/16/14 12:18 PM
08/16/14 12:18 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Maybe it was just family talk that Christopher had heard..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #796312
08/16/14 03:05 PM
08/16/14 03:05 PM
Scottsdale
Underboss
Underboss
Scottsdale
Here's what I pulled from the transcript. Granted, with most shows there's going to be some continuity errors as things are developed and whatnot:

Christopher Moltisanti – Our thing once ruled the music business. Did you know that?

Adriana La Cerva – No.

Christopher Moltisanti – We bankrolled acts. Blacks, everybody. Paid the DJs or busted heads to get them played on the air.

Adriana La Cerva – There was some great Italian singers.

Christopher Moltisanti – Fuckin’ A. Frankie Valli. Dion. The Rascals. That whole Philly thing. My dad used to talk about those guys. Now? Fuckin’ drum machines, some ignorant poetry, and any fuckin’ fourth grade dropout ditsoon is chairman of the board. Gangster.

======

Then I look back and chuckle at the Frankie Valli reference. I cannot look at the guy now and not think "Mayor of Munchkinland."

Last edited by Its_da_Jackeeettttttt; 08/16/14 03:06 PM.
Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: mldetroit] #830364
02/25/15 03:55 PM
02/25/15 03:55 PM
Scottsdale
Underboss
Underboss
Scottsdale
Bumping an older thread, but I caught this one recently.

"Bust Out" was the Season 2 episode immediately after the Matt Bevilacqua hit. The episode starts out with the citizen witness picking Tony's mugshot out of the binder.

Later in the episode, the witness' wife reads in the paper that the murder involves high ranking people in the Soprano family. The witness, sufficiently freaked out, recants his story.

But in the beginning, Tony's mugshot clearly has him holding up the placard saying "A. Soprano."

Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt] #830405
02/25/15 05:59 PM
02/25/15 05:59 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
My dad used to talk about those guys. Now? Fuckin’ drum machines, some ignorant poetry, and any fuckin’ fourth grade dropout ditsoon is chairman of the board. Gangster.

Oh, sure thing Chris... your dad used to talk music and Sinatra with you, when you were like 2 years old, right?

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: A few mistakes during the series [Re: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt] #830509
02/26/15 11:20 AM
02/26/15 11:20 AM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Offline
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Offline
Made Member
Westchester
Bumping an older thread, but I caught this one recently.

"Bust Out" was the Season 2 episode immediately after the Matt Bevilacqua hit. The episode starts out with the citizen witness picking Tony's mugshot out of the binder.

Later in the episode, the witness' wife reads in the paper that the murder involves high ranking people in the Soprano family. The witness, sufficiently freaked out, recants his story.

But in the beginning, Tony's mugshot clearly has him holding up the placard saying "A. Soprano."

I think the cops kinda implied that it was a drug related thing or something.. they definitely lied to the guy about who Tony was. .

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull