GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
How do the genovese do it? #790436
07/20/14 07:14 AM
07/20/14 07:14 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
We know so much about every family. Especially the gambinos since most of them seem to have a magnetic attraction to wiretaps. Every other family seems pretty open in terms of membership and structure. Only the genovese family is the mystery. For being thugs and lowlives, I gotta respect their ability to stay halfway under the radar. What makes them so much better at it than the other 4 families?

Make that coffee to go
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790441
07/20/14 07:59 AM
07/20/14 07:59 AM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
It all starts with the administration... they have not had one bad administration since they began. every other family has had at least one fuck up for a boss. think trickle down theory, the success of a family depends on the decisions of the administration. To this day you can find debates on whether Benny Squint was actually the boss, what's that 30-40 years ago? Does anyone ever doubt if Paul castellano or Tony Ducks were really boss?? Wealthy, respected bosses yes, but secrecy was a top prerogative for the Genovese.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Skinny] #790442
07/20/14 08:05 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Skinny
It all starts with the administration... they have not had one bad administration since they began. every other family has had at least one fuck up for a boss. think trickle down theory, the success of a family depends on the decisions of the administration. To this day you can find debates on whether Benny Squint was actually the boss, what's that 30-40 years ago? Does anyone ever doubt if Paul castellano or Tony Ducks were really boss?? Wealthy, respected bosses yes, but secrecy was a top prerogative for the Genovese.

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. And I do find them superior in every way.

But you can't discount the fact they've also been a little lucky. Rats usually create a domino effect. And they've lucked out a few times, like with Cafaro, and more recently with that asshole Johnny Balls who put Angelo away, and that clown Arillotta up in New England.

It's inevitable that someone will flip someday that does a lot more damage than these mopes. But until that day comes, yeah, they're still the "Ivy League."

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790443
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
I agree. Plus I remember reading about bosses getting killed during power grabs in the bonanno family, the gambino family, and I haven't really paid much attention to the other 2. But for any reading I've done about the genovese, I don't recall much infighting. I really gotta tip my hat to the administration there. Somehow they know how to keep their people happy.

Make that coffee to go
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790445
07/20/14 08:13 AM
07/20/14 08:13 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
But for any reading I've done about the genovese, I don't recall much infighting.

Just because you didn't read about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You have potential here, buddy. Don't be one of those guys who needs to read it to believe it tongue lol.

But seriously, it happens in all the families. There's a lot of petty jealousy in that life. Because in some ways, a lot of these guys never really grow up.

Quick example with the Westside, and I'm just going to mention it once because it's been talked about ad nauseum here, and I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of debate again. But Farby was acting boss for awhile there. And he was so jealous of the money that Barney and Ralph were making with the carpenters that he almost started a civil war. Barney was away at the time, but Ralphie got clipped.

Farby died of cancer before Barney came home. But had he lived, things may have gotten interesting there wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790449
07/20/14 08:24 AM
07/20/14 08:24 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but just the fact that these things aren't common knowledge is impressive. Also, I'm thinking that maybe they might be better at taking care of the families of imprisoned members. This is just a guess on my part but when people think their real families will be ruined while they're gone might make them more likely to flip. Any sense to that guess or are they really just lucky to have more solid guys?

Make that coffee to go
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790450
07/20/14 08:26 AM
07/20/14 08:26 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Also, I'm thinking that maybe they might be better at taking care of the families of imprisoned members.

The taking care of the families thing is the biggest myth out there. And NOTHING creates more resentment.

But it is applicable here to a degree. I think it has to do with the fact that everyone seems to earn in that family. So their families don't NEED taking care of when they go away.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790453
07/20/14 08:30 AM
07/20/14 08:30 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
Trust me I know about the bullshit aspect of taking care of the families, but that's why I was thinking that the genovese might be different. Nothing gets to a person more than knowing their wife and kids will be broke and desperate while they're gone.. again it was just a guess..

Make that coffee to go
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790454
07/20/14 08:31 AM
07/20/14 08:31 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Trust me I know about the bullshit aspect of taking care of the families, but that's why I was thinking that the genovese might be different. Nothing gets to a person more than knowing their wife and kids will be broke and desperate while they're gone.. again it was just a guess..

I hear you buddy, and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about smile.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790465
07/20/14 09:18 AM
07/20/14 09:18 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Genovese have had infighting and power struggles before, particularly in the late fifties and sixties. Costello getting shot, Carfano and Strollo getting offed, etc. They even caught the ruling panel on a wiretap wondering if they should whack Vito when he got out of jail. Tommy Eboli also got killed, which a lot of people credit to Gambino but it was almost assuredly an inside job.

Still, any killing they've done has been "business" and not "personal" as the old saying goes. The guys still on the street realize its better to just stay out of it rather than go to war as there is more money to be made in peace than if everybody is running around shooting at each other, i.e. Philly in the eighties and nineties.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790467
07/20/14 09:28 AM
07/20/14 09:28 AM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss

The Genovese could be smaller in number, and that is why they do so good at keeping low, i know people on here say they are same in man power as the gambino and are bigger in importance.

Or the Genovese could have alot criminals who are business men and are in no way violent so they are not in the news or doing crimes that other families get heat from doing.

Genovese, Gigante got some Lucchese Family members to get people to bomb attack Gambino Family one time, i think this shows his own Family members are business men, and any hits etc are done by people outside the Genovese Family.

Genovese Family could be all old men who do not let anyone know who they are and membership are not known to each other on the ground.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790469
07/20/14 09:36 AM
07/20/14 09:36 AM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Every time I hear the name, Genovese, the first place comes to mind is the Bronx. There's something in that Bronx water. Makes em loyal sonsabitches.
I'd say the worst water in all of NYC has to be in Staten Island, lotsa rats pissin in that reservoir.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Garbageman] #790473
07/20/14 10:16 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Garbageman
Every time I hear the name, Genovese, the first place comes to mind is the Bronx. There's something in that Bronx water. Makes em loyal sonsabitches.
I'd say the worst water in all of NYC has to be in Staten Island, lotsa rats pissin in that reservoir.

I think they have traditionally been based in the Little Italy area and the Luccesse's are form the Bronx.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790475
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Finally, I got my avatar photo edited small enough to use here! Whewww

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: jace] #790476
07/20/14 10:19 AM
07/20/14 10:19 AM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: jace

I think they have traditionally been based in the Little Italy area and the Luccesse's are form the Bronx.

I guess it's just because of the people I've known over the years. Rather than the traditional base of operation.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: jace] #790477
07/20/14 10:20 AM
07/20/14 10:20 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

The Genovese power base has been in the East Harlem/Bronx faction of the family for years, with a lot of input and influence obviously coming from the Greenwich Village crew. Chin was an anomaly because Benny Squint loved him.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790487
07/20/14 11:24 AM
07/20/14 11:24 AM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
That guy Arillotta was a clown for sure. I saw him once at a strip club in Springfield with his little entourage and another time at a car dealership in the area. He used to go to the car dealership that a friend of mine worked at to use the phones to apparently call NY. I guess his wife called the dealership one day and yelled at the manager, or whoever answered the phone, and was saying that AA was a piece of shit, not to trust him, don't get involved with him because he was bad news etc etc. When I saw him at the strip club he just looked like he was cocky punk. This was before Al Bruno was killed. When I saw him walk into the car dealership he didn't carry himself like he did when I saw him years earlier. At that point he knew his days were numbered. It was only a few months later when he got arrested. He was nothing without Ty & Freddie.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790742
07/21/14 02:39 PM
07/21/14 02:39 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss

My theory (more of a guess, since none of us can know for sure) is that it's because the Genovese family makes sure that their made guys are earning and keeping money. Kind of bucking the trend of spending it as fast as you can earn it. It's a part of keeping everyone in line. Also I think their is a little bit more "spread the wealth" mentality than in other families. People on these forum frequently say if these guys weren't so greedy with their money, less made guys would flip and more money could be made. Though I doubt the Genovese do that to the degree some posters advocate, I think it's there.

Of course there are other factors. Their devotion to secrecy is unmatched. I've been wanting to start a thread for a while discussing how they are able to do that and other families haven't. It's definitely and "easier said than done" practice. Maybe I'll wait until this thread dies down and all discussion has been exhaust to start another thread.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Ted] #790747
07/21/14 03:21 PM
07/21/14 03:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Ted

My theory (more of a guess, since none of us can know for sure) is that it's because the Genovese family makes sure that their made guys are earning and keeping money. Kind of bucking the trend of spending it as fast as you can earn it. It's a part of keeping everyone in line. Also I think their is a little bit more "spread the wealth" mentality than in other families. People on these forum frequently say if these guys weren't so greedy with their money, less made guys would flip and more money could be made. Though I doubt the Genovese do that to the degree some posters advocate, I think it's there.

Of course there are other factors. Their devotion to secrecy is unmatched. I've been wanting to start a thread for a while discussing how they are able to do that and other families haven't. It's definitely and "easier said than done" practice. Maybe I'll wait until this thread dies down and all discussion has been exhaust to start another thread.

That fits in to what I posted, Ted. I think it's because they do so much better for themselves to begin with, that their families aren't as dependent on friends and relatives for handouts when they go inside for awhile. Hence, no resentment when they come home.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: abc123] #790754
07/21/14 04:25 PM
07/21/14 04:25 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
The genovese are extremely violent when they need to be , especially about the rules , if you break them there will be consequences no matter what your rank , but I see where you are coming from , there aren't as many senseless cowboy killings , and if there are , the cowboy will be the one getting hit .

They are just a smart and secret bunch that still wield some fear in their world . It pretty amazing actually how they have been able to earn thru the times . Shoot several of these guys could be considered bona fide real estate experts , in both illegal and legal dealings , making $ during the boom and bust.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: DB] #790765
07/21/14 04:54 PM
07/21/14 04:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DB
Shoot several of these guys could be considered bona fide real estate experts

A few of the ARE bona fide real estate experts wink.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790799
07/21/14 10:00 PM
07/21/14 10:00 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Also there doesn't seem to be any power hungry guys towards the top. The top spot has been vacant for 9 years, and not even the acting bosses or ruling panel members have tried to take over (Fiurama being the exception, but he tried to do it peacefully). If there ever is an official boss, there probably has to be consensus amongst the rest of the family (and not the John Gotti kind kind of consensus wink ).

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Ted] #790803
07/21/14 10:17 PM
07/21/14 10:17 PM
Yankees1951 Offline
Made Member
Yankees1951  Offline
Made Member
Also there doesn't seem to be any power hungry guys towards the top. The top spot has been vacant for 9 years, and not even the acting bosses or ruling panel members have tried to take over (Fiurama being the exception, but he tried to do it peacefully). If there ever is an official boss, there probably has to be consensus amongst the rest of the family (and not the John Gotti kind kind of consensus wink ).

Ted you and PB think alike wink

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790806
07/21/14 11:24 PM
07/21/14 11:24 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Hey Pizzaboy whats the story behind Farby theres not much info about him he must of been a heavy hitter to have made it to the top of the genevese.Was he a junk man or a union guy or an all round gangster like Carmine persico

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: tiger84] #790842
07/22/14 05:28 AM
07/22/14 05:28 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: tiger84
Hey Pizzaboy whats the story behind Farby theres not much info about him he must of been a heavy hitter to have made it to the top of the genevese.

He was a legacy. And although most Westside guys seem to steer their children away from the life, his father and uncle and cousins were all big in numbers and sports out in Queens. They were originally from Jackson Heights and worked pretty closely with what would later become Tough Tony's crew.

Was he a junk man or a union guy or an all round gangster like Carmine persico

Like I said, he was a big numbers and sports guy. He never got into the unions to the degree that the rest of the uptown crew did. As far as junk, well, he was East Harlem based from back in the '60s and '70s. That's all I'm saying.

or an all round gangster like Carmine persico

Farby was a stone fucking gangster. He died really young. He didn't even make 60, or he'd be right near the top today.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790843
07/22/14 05:32 AM
07/22/14 05:32 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
Being a Philly guy, it's still amazing how they wiped out the administration down here, without anyone on the commission "questioning" their involvement. Now, I don't know for sure if the other NY families openly questioned it at the time, because I never read that. But, it seemed everyone was satisfied with Genovese handling it. I'm sure all of NY realized that with Bruno out of the picture, AC would be open to them, and Gambino was gone, so who would have defended Bruno. So this could be a moot point.

But, to be able convince a high-ranking member (Bananas) to kill his boss, then lead the inquisition into those responsible for the unsanctioned hit on a boss, AND manage to not alert any other street scammers to your work, is to put it mildy, very impressive.

And I don't recall Philip Leonetti, who had intimate knowledge of the Genovese top guys at the time through his uncle, ever mentioning Benny Squint. I know he was on his way out and it's questionable if he was even the big boss in 1980, but the buck stopped at the Chin for Nicky Scarfo with the Genovese. He was Cosa Nostra to the bone and Manna, Salerno, or the Chin never showed him their hand.

This is a really good thread with top-notch posters on here. Good stuff.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: pizzaboy] #790853
07/22/14 06:44 AM
07/22/14 06:44 AM
Shamm11375 Offline
Button
Shamm11375  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Hey Pizzaboy whats the story behind Farby theres not much info about him he must of been a heavy hitter to have made it to the top of the genevese.

He was a legacy. And although most Westside guys seem to steer their children away from the life, his father and uncle and cousins were all big in numbers and sports out in Queens. They were originally from Jackson Heights and worked pretty closely with what would later become Tough Tony's crew.

Was he a junk man or a union guy or an all round gangster like Carmine persico

Like I said, he was a big numbers and sports guy. He never got into the unions to the degree that the rest of the uptown crew did. As far as junk, well, he was East Harlem based from back in the '60s and '70s. That's all I'm saying.

or an all round gangster like Carmine persico

Farby was a stone fucking gangster. He died really young. He didn't even make 60, or he'd be right near the top today.

How come there isnt a lot out there about "Tough Tony", I have been going to Parkside for many years, so I'm curious about that guy

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Shamm11375] #790858
07/22/14 06:55 AM
07/22/14 06:55 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Shamm11375
How come there isnt a lot out there about "Tough Tony", I have been going to Parkside for many years, so I'm curious about that guy

shhh shhh wink wink

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: pizzaboy] #790871
07/22/14 07:31 AM
07/22/14 07:31 AM
Yankees1951 Offline
Made Member
Yankees1951  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

shhh shhh wink wink

His cousin Vincenzo owns some swingers bar you know where I"m talking about wink

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790925
07/22/14 11:04 AM
07/22/14 11:04 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Federici must have serious pull to be able to retire so young. Normally his obligations to the family at his age would only just be kicking in, let alone him walking away.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790926
07/22/14 11:10 AM
07/22/14 11:10 AM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
The encouragement of plea deals can't be understated.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790927
07/22/14 11:13 AM
07/22/14 11:13 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Was Farby Serpico answering to the Chin's orders in your opinion or was he a power on his own? I mean, for example Vic Amuso was official boss until recently, but people say it was in name only since a long time. What about the Chin?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790928
07/22/14 11:24 AM
07/22/14 11:24 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Chin was THE boss until the end.

Everyone answered to him. Everyone.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #790929
07/22/14 11:26 AM
07/22/14 11:26 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Chin's son got busted delivering orders and messages to the family from prison. Sonny's right, Chin was on top until the day he drew his last breath.

Last edited by Snakes; 07/22/14 11:27 AM.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Snakes] #790930
07/22/14 11:32 AM
07/22/14 11:32 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Vince was The Boss. The End. Moving on . . . .

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: abc123] #790932
07/22/14 11:40 AM
07/22/14 11:40 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: abc123

The Genovese could be smaller in number, and that is why they do so good at keeping low, i know people on here say they are same in man power as the gambino and are bigger in importance.

Or the Genovese could have alot criminals who are business men and are in no way violent so they are not in the news or doing crimes that other families get heat from doing.

Genovese, Gigante got some Lucchese Family members to get people to bomb attack Gambino Family one time, i think this shows his own Family members are business men, and any hits etc are done by people outside the Genovese Family.

Genovese Family could be all old men who do not let anyone know who they are and membership are not known to each other on the ground.

Well it's just not a matter of forum posters saying they match the Gambinos in size. The FBI has consistently had the family as being the largest (rivaled in size only by the Gambinos) for at least 20 years now. Most of the latest figures put the family at approximately 200 members.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Yankees1951] #790949
07/22/14 01:12 PM
07/22/14 01:12 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Yankees1951

Ted you and PB think alike wink

I'll take that as a compliment.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: IvyLeague] #790951
07/22/14 01:18 PM
07/22/14 01:18 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Well it's just not a matter of forum posters saying they match the Gambinos in size. The FBI has consistently had the family as being the largest (rivaled in size only by the Gambinos) for at least 20 years now. Most of the latest figures put the family at approximately 200 members.

the same fbi that said the outfit only had 2 crews

with the alleged defunct crew doing violent shit

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: cookcounty] #790985
07/22/14 02:25 PM
07/22/14 02:25 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

They hate you because of the colour of your skin yet you still defend them lol

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: TommyGambino] #790987
07/22/14 02:36 PM
07/22/14 02:36 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

They hate you because of the colour of your skin yet you still defend them lol

more like they ran from their neighborhoods when a black doctor moved on the block

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791055
07/22/14 06:24 PM
07/22/14 06:24 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline OP
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline OP
B
Underboss
NY
Some people talk like the mob is the KKK. They aren't exactly progressive with race relations, but they're not burning crosses either. They work with black people and they wouldn't leave a restaurant if a black couple walked in, but they usually want a certain degree of separation. But remember that they make their living on the streets with a bunch of criminals. They are usually brushing up against the thugs, addicts, and gangs. It's all a matter of perspective. It's a bit much to assume they all hate you because of your skin color. Just something to consider ya know..

Edit-- I have been informed of some pretty awful shit, but I guess I just knew of people who weren't quite so hostile.

Last edited by blacksheep; 07/22/14 07:07 PM.

Make that coffee to go
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791101
07/23/14 12:37 AM
07/23/14 12:37 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Thanks Pizzaboy your always informative especially when it comes from the westside

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: cookcounty] #791179
07/23/14 10:36 AM
07/23/14 10:36 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You again?

The FBI said 2 or 3 crews but they never specified which ones or made any comment about Grand Avenue.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791181
07/23/14 10:40 AM
07/23/14 10:40 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
I bet cookcounty is white and he's just working everybody on the board. That would be pretty funny.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Snakes] #791185
07/23/14 11:09 AM
07/23/14 11:09 AM
North StL County, MO
S
StLguy Offline
Capo
StLguy  Offline
S
Capo
North StL County, MO
"I bet cookcounty is white and he's just working everybody on the board. That would be pretty funny"

Cook County.....The Boo Radley of GangsterBB?

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791218
07/23/14 03:14 PM
07/23/14 03:14 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@ivyleague

u don't remember issuing your own threat assessment of the crews?

or which crews u thought were defunct or merged and blah, blah, blah?

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: jace] #791650
07/25/14 12:30 AM
07/25/14 12:30 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo

The Genovese were geographically widespread. They had (until recently) a crews in Springfield, Mass and a made member in New Bedford, Mass. They had crews in Florida (like every family). They have the Tough Tony crew in Queens and a bunch in Brooklyn, including what's left of the Gallo gang (not much) in Red Hook.

Then there's Jersey, where I am guessing half of the Genovese are based now. Plus the Bronx and northern suburbs, where the 116th street crew now is based. Maybe a handful left of the Grennwich Village crew too.

Conversely, the Colombos are in Gravesend, Brooklyn and Staten Island...just a few crews. That's it.

Also,the Genovese guys almost always plea out. The last Genovese guy who decided not to plea out a case was Larry Ricci. So they stuffed him in the trunk of a car.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791664
07/25/14 04:48 AM
07/25/14 04:48 AM
BennyB Offline
Made Member
BennyB  Offline
Made Member
Great thread. Really interesting information.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: IvyLeague] #791677
07/25/14 06:55 AM
07/25/14 06:55 AM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss

The FBI i would never think they are 100 % on anything, they spin things to suit them self's,

I know about approximately 200 members, but this is estimated readings.

Anyway i am just dealing in theory Ivy, not hard facts.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: DB] #791685
07/25/14 07:03 AM
07/25/14 07:03 AM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DB
The genovese are extremely violent when they need to be , especially about the rules , if you break them there will be consequences no matter what your rank , but I see where you are coming from , there aren't as many senseless cowboy killings , and if there are , the cowboy will be the one getting hit .

They are just a smart and secret bunch that still wield some fear in their world . It pretty amazing actually how they have been able to earn thru the times . Shoot several of these guys could be considered bona fide real estate experts , in both illegal and legal dealings , making $ during the boom and bust.

Yes illegal and legal dealings, keeping low, makes me think they have smaller membership tham people think. just a theory on my part.

Last edited by abc123; 07/25/14 07:04 AM.
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791718
07/25/14 10:13 AM
07/25/14 10:13 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@abc123

i don't think the ny families still have 200 plus soldiers

if they do then they're fucking illiterate

that would also explain the excessive number of documented rats

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791735
07/25/14 10:59 AM
07/25/14 10:59 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Your bizarre jealousy of 'my hometowns LCN is better than your hometowns LCN' is seriously weird.

The cry for attention thing is moving from weird to annoying to now pathological.

It lost it's humour a long time ago.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: cookcounty] #791742
07/25/14 11:03 AM
07/25/14 11:03 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
i don't think the ny families still have 200 plus soldiers

if they do then they're fucking illiterate

that would also explain the excessive number of documented rats

You're right, Cook.

The Outfit is immortal.

The Outfit dwarfs the five New York Families by half.

The Outfit has no rats and New York is full of them.

And they STILL don't want you.

Because you're fucking Black.

And they think you're an animal.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791758
07/25/14 11:23 AM
07/25/14 11:23 AM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Man, you guys are way too hard on Cook, and, Cook you are way too aggressive in asserting your opinions.

Now let's all hold hands and get a long.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #791764
07/25/14 11:46 AM
07/25/14 11:46 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@ slumpy.

700 of the same repetitious shit stirring rehashed trolling posts and you'd start to lose your temper too.

Cooks a 5yr old who thinks the same joke told 500 times is funny.

So why it may seem people are harsh on him. It's his rodeo.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 07/25/14 11:48 AM.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Shamm11375] #791862
07/26/14 06:42 AM
07/26/14 06:42 AM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Today's Daily News has some pictures of him and a little write up on the restaurant.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: njcapo35] #792003
07/27/14 01:34 AM
07/27/14 01:34 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Today's Daily News has some pictures of him and a little write up on the restaurant.

I searched the NY Daily News site and couldn't find it. Maybe it was in another paper? Would like to read it.

Federici was also honored by former Queens borough president Claire Schulman. Some sort of award for being important to the corona community and such. Either it means he really quit mob life or the Queens borough president joined it.

Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: blacksheep] #792004
07/27/14 02:16 AM
07/27/14 02:16 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

The Lucchese Family had several black associates on one of its latest charts.

And don't forget Stacks.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: How do the genovese do it? [Re: Flushing] #792024
07/27/14 06:42 AM
07/27/14 06:42 AM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Originally Posted By: Flushing
I searched the NY Daily News site and couldn't find it. Maybe it was in another paper? Would like to read it.
It def was the Daily News...It's probably one of those clips where they don't put it on the website and just have it in the paper.... Go to your local corner store and see if they have yesterday's paper, it was in there....

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull