GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Brovelli, RushStreet), 85 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,699
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,501
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,686
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mafia III speculation #784173
06/16/14 10:57 AM
06/16/14 10:57 AM
D
Detroit Offline OP
Wiseguy
Detroit  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
(source): http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-12-looks-like-mafia-3-is-set-in-louisiana

Up for a next-gen Mafia game?
It looks like open world crime game Mafia 3 is set in Louisiana.

AllGamesBeta published an image of a casting call for an untitled video game in production by Take-Two, the parent company of Mafia publisher 2K Games. It called for actors to be used for voice over, motion capture and facial scans, and mentioned three characters - all born in Louisiana.

Characters mentioned were Franklin, Tony and Mickey. Franklin is in his early 20s and "knows how to get a job done at any cost". Tony is in his early 30s and is described as "a genius with numbers and statistics who runs sports betting operations". Tony is "not your typical gangster," the description continues.

And Mickey is in his late teens, a young street hustler who "likes to run his mouth". "Mickey has a bad habit of taking credit for bigger jobs and making himself seem higher up in the criminal ladder than he really is. When confronted with this, he reverts back to the scared teenager he really is."

While there is no specific mention of it, if Mafia 3 is set in Louisiana, the game may feature an open world New Orleans.

Mafia 3 was thought to have been in development for some time at 2K Czech, where the previous games were made. But recent troubles at the studio suggest 2K has rebooted development.

In January, 2K said it had "relocated and consolidated" its 2K Czech team at Prague to Brno, and had transferred "some development resources" from Prague and Brno to 2K's California studio in Novato. This resulted in lay offs at 2K Czech.

The current thinking is that Mafia 3 is in production at 2K's California studio. Rod Fergusson, who had joined 2K following a stint helping Irrational finish BioShock Infinite, might have been working on the game - but he isn't now. He joined Microsoft to work on the new Gears of War game at Black Tusk.

The casting call was published on 6th March, suggesting it may be some time before we see the new, next-generation Mafia 3. 2K Games declined to comment when contacted by Eurogamer.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #784573
06/18/14 03:21 PM
06/18/14 03:21 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Don't know if I'm gonna like this New Orleans setting. I was hoping they would continue the story from Mafia 2.

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 06/18/14 03:21 PM.
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #784597
06/18/14 05:19 PM
06/18/14 05:19 PM
D
Detroit Offline OP
Wiseguy
Detroit  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
I want it to be in the '70s or '80s. Preferably Detroit, Chicago or Miami? Maybe LA? The reason I want it in that time period is for the sense of dress, narcotics, and cars (I wanna drive a Trans Am and be a coke lord hahaha in the game if that's possible).

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #784737
06/19/14 05:41 PM
06/19/14 05:41 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Yeah I agree. With the first one being 20s and the second one being in the 50s, it made sense to make the third in the 70s.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #786262
06/27/14 09:50 AM
06/27/14 09:50 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Here's hoping, i don't know why so many hate on the Mafia games series, i always thought they were decent games.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #801379
09/07/14 09:07 PM
09/07/14 09:07 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
In the 3rd installment if it does happen, I would love to see some new things and some things brought back. I think hand to hand combat should be in it with bats and other similar weapons included. Even being able to use the environment around you to do damage or something like being able to pick up a wrench laying next to a car and use it would be cool.

Also whatever city or setting it is in I hope they can make it feel more alive and not just something you drive through from mission to mission. More stores and buildings to enter would be great and things to do. What good is a great looking city if it has nothing in it you can interact with really?

I loved the music in the 2nd one and I hope they keep the soundtrack just as good in this one. I also hope their are more side missions and activities to do. Maybe having conflicts with other families too.

Being able to rise up from associate to soldier to capo etc would add a really neat feature if done right. To earn that promotion and be put in charge of a crew of guys you can dictate jobs to and areas would be awesome.

shooting from cars to should be added again. I think the idea of being able to influence the story depending on the choices you make like fallout would really be cool too. Say you are facing a indictment and you could choose to try and bribe a judge or break in and steal evidence against you. More options would like that would really let gamers feel like they are in control.

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #801503
09/08/14 12:50 PM
09/08/14 12:50 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

upload a gif

Screens look nice of the new game,

you guys should be looking forward all the muscle cars in this if it's the 70s,

Also I'd love to see a MMO massive mutiplayer online version
Of this made, where we gotta take over other players businesses and territory's,

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #823518
01/12/15 10:49 AM
01/12/15 10:49 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I love the Mafia games, other than this, the MMO's like Gangsters and Omerta, and that shitty Soprano's game, this is really the only series where you get to experience being a made guy in a crime family. I was hoping part III continued where II left off, but I can see why they opted for something different, it's more realistic. While it makes for a good game, it makes no sense to have Vito get saved by the deal Galante made with the triads and other families to keep him alive, only for him to go on a rampage against all of them to avenge his screw up best friend.

I always wondered what Italians who were raised in New Orleans sounded like when they talked. I'm excited for this.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #823534
01/12/15 12:50 PM
01/12/15 12:50 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
ign was saying theres gonnas be and annoucement at the gamecon later in the month maybe even footage

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #846136
06/14/15 02:39 PM
06/14/15 02:39 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Voice Actor for Mafia’s Vita Scaletta Hints of Exciting News for ‘Mafia 3’ Very Soon

screen capture windows

Fans and gamers of the highly-anticipated third installment to the third-person shooter Triple A video game “Mafia” would be happy to know that developer 2K Czech would reveal something about the game in the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2015 slated next week in Los Angeles, California.

While there has been no official statement from developer 2K Czeck and game publisher 2K Games that “Mafia 3” would have a major reveal at the E3 2015, a reliable source has somewhat confirmed that the game would have an exciting news very soon.

The statement came no less from voice actor Rick Pasqualone, who is lending his voice to “Mafia II” protagonist Vito Scaletta in a recent tweet that was in response to fan queries. Pasqualone said that there might have some exciting “Mafia” news very soon, details Crossmap.

While both 2K Czech and 2K Games have yet to confirm the release date of “Mafia 3,” it has been rumored that the game will hit the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, and the PC on March 2016.

New characters

Some leaked reports point out that the action-packed “Mafia 3” will have three new characters joining protagonists Joe and Vito. It is said that the new characters are actually based on three real-life characters, namely Franklin, Tony, and Mickey.

The leak actually came from a report stating that 2K is calling for casting for an untitled video game that includes the descriptions of the three new characters.

Franklin is reportedly an African American who was born in Louissiana. He is in his early 20s, about six feet tall and has a muscular build. He is depicted as an outsider to both white and black society but is fiercely loyal to those whom he considers as his family. He is also street-smart, strong, disciplined, and knows how to get a job done.

Tony, who is also born in Louissiana, is of Italian descent. He is in his early 30s, thin, well-groomed and dresses very neatly. He is also calm but he is said to be capable of resorting to violence if anyone gets his ire.

Mickey is also born in Louissiana. He is said to be in his late teens or early 20s with an average build. He is described to be a talker, someone who likes to talk big but cannot back it up with real actions. He also has a bad habit of taking credit for bigger jobs even though he was not part of it or hardly was part of it.

With this latest news about the new characters to “Mafia 3,” gamers would surely wait for 2K’s announcement come E3 2015 next week and hear what the developer would be saying about the game.

Six years of waiting

mafia 3

“Mafia 3” will be coming out some six years after its predecessor “Mafia 2” was released on the PlayStation 3, the Xbox 360, and the PC in August 2010.

It actually took 2K Czech eight years to release “Mafia 2” from the time it rolled out the first game in the series officially titled “Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven” in 2002.

“Mafia” has been a very successful video game since it first hit the gaming consoles and the PC in 2002 anchored primarily on its gameplay that features a lot of shooting and driving, which are what normally attracts video gamers.

Just like its predecessors, “Mafia 3” will be played from a third-person perspective and players shall navigate its world on-foot or by vehicle. The story will follow the life of a gangster and his efforts to climb through the ranks of the Mafia crime families.

It is expected that Joe will still be the lead character as well as Vito Scaletta, a war veteran who becomes caught up with the Mafia when trying to pay back his father’s debts.

“Mafia 2” was set in the fictional Empire Bay, which is a combination of the five US cities of New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, and Detroit. Rumors are going around that “Mafia 3” will be set in Louissiana, which is likely a combination of several other cities including Louisiana perhaps plus others.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #848598
06/29/15 03:31 PM
06/29/15 03:31 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
fans will be delighted to know that it is slowly moving towards its launch date. It is one of the most highly anticipated titles of the year. Reports indicate that the storyline will focus on the city gangsters and how they wish to survive and assert their authority in the various underground schemes.

According to All Games Beta, Take-Two Interactive conducted a casting call for three different characters born in Louisiana. Reports indicate that these actors were supposed to take on the roles of Franklin, Tony and Mickey.

WCCFTech further reported that these actors will be used for image likeness, facial scan and motion capture. Since March 2012, Master Herald reported that 2K Games is supposed to start full-production for Mafia 3. Sadly, the game experienced a lot of problems during production and this finally ended up resulting in a delay launch.

Good news erupted when 2K Games reportedly closed their Czech Republic main office where Mafia 3 was being developed. The developers reportedly returned to California. 2K further gave off an impression of working on Mafia 3 since they were dealing with numerous crime-based titles.

Meanwhile, the games that didn’t get revealed in E3 are the almost mythical Half Life 3, Mafia 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2. Right now, RDR 2 and Half Life 3 don’t really have a possibility of showing in Gamescom 2015 but Mafia 3 does.

Mafia Games are quite controversial in nature, what with their gritty and exceptionally detailed storylines and adult content but at the same time they are highly praised. They also take a lot of time to be properly developed and this heightens the excitement for gamers when they finally get their hands on it.

The second game in the Mafia franchise came around eight years after the release of the first title. It was 2010 when we experienced Mafia 2 and it’s high time for 2K to release the third installment in this franchise.

Mafia 3

The protagonist Tony is Italian but was born in Louisiana and is around 30-35 years old. Tony is quite organized and scrupulous but also equally adept in inflicting harm and creating chaos. He controls the sports betting operations and has a trustworthy acquaintance named Franklin, who was born in Louisiana and in his 20s.

He is described as the most loyal and closest ally of Tony and is confident enough to get things done. Being young, he tends to get nervous and scared in difficult situations and also talks a lot.

In the upcoming installment, Joe will most likely take on the lead role, accompanied by Vito. Rumors indicate that the game will take place in an open-world setting like New Orleans.

A great reason to expect Mafia 3 is because of something that voice actor Rick Pasqualone revealed in a Twitter Q&A some time ago. Gamers might be paying too much attention to a rogue tweet but if Rick is hiding any information, it is quite possible that something is going in the Mafia pipeline.

Gamescom 2015 is the next big gaming event scheduled to take place this year. It is also one of the best locations for any news involving a possible game in development, to be revealed. However, rest assured that Mafia 3 won’t be doing a Half Life! Meanwhile, Play Asia increased the excitement after listing Mafia 3 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Stay tuned for more updates on Mafia 3!

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #852140
07/20/15 05:34 AM
07/20/15 05:34 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Rumor- It seems that you have a cut scene when your a kid in the early 1960s and a mobster of Empire Bay, is on TV talking about LCN after a failed hit on him(Valachi comes to mind). You end up going to Vietnam, then back state side, where you hook up with your old friends on a hijacking job. That is the rumor and 2K has not confirmed it, but there is a lot of chatter with a voice actor asking questions ando let slip that there will be muscle cars in it, so late 1960s early 1970s which was a great period for the muscle cars.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #853312
07/28/15 09:51 AM
07/28/15 09:51 AM
A
AJK Offline
Wiseguy
AJK  Offline
A
Wiseguy
Mafia III trailer being released next week 8/5/15.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/28/mafia-3-officially-announced-more-info-coming-at-gamescom

https://mafiagame.com/

Judging from that image the rumors are true. Those cars are late 60s/early 70s (that's a late 60s/early 70s Dodge Dart to the right) and that looks like the Bayou. So it looks like it's going to be late 60s/early 70s New Orleans.

Like a lot of people, I've been waiting for this. It's definitely one hell of a way to begin my day. Can't wait to see the trailer.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #853343
07/28/15 04:33 PM
07/28/15 04:33 PM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #854367
08/05/15 11:41 AM
08/05/15 11:41 AM
A
AJK Offline
Wiseguy
AJK  Offline
A
Wiseguy
Here's the first trailer. You'll see Vito towards the end, he's the older guy in the suit.

And here's a article/video going into more detail about the game (you'll see a little gameplay in the video).
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mafia-3-tackles-racism-and-the-vietnam-war-in-1960/1100-6429489/

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #854370
08/05/15 12:33 PM
08/05/15 12:33 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Looks GOOD!

Hope they get it out before Xmas, also nice use of house of the rising sun,
Be cool if we drop the bodies in the swamp and theirs gators , Hope they added multiplayer for this

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #854690
08/07/15 12:00 PM
08/07/15 12:00 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

Gameplay in depth YouTube vid

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #854843
08/08/15 11:54 AM
08/08/15 11:54 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@Donmega

Thanks for the uploading that video.

I'm quite interested in the direction of the story and yet every other YouTube comment just can't deal with character mixed roots. Reminds me of the previous years on the board of the bickering & nitpicking on black racketeers and gang members. Good ole days I must say LoL.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #854852
08/08/15 01:32 PM
08/08/15 01:32 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Yea, people are stupid, like they just cant deal with a black protangonist from a Black Mafia Family out for revenge against the Italian Mafia. While it slightly diverges from the plots of previous games, you could tell from the very first game that this was the route they'd be taking throughout the series. I don't think the game is meant to glorify the mob, and near the end of every game you end up being in the cross hairs of those guys and killing them for your own survival. So really the only thing different is that you aren't aspiring to join an Italian Crime Family from the jump. Lincoln seems to already have had ties to the Robinson Black Mafia Family before he leaves for Vietnam, and he comes back but they inevitably succumb in a war with the Italians. Lincoln lives and creates his own multi ethnic crime family which consists of one Vito Scaletta (the old guy with the grey hair and scar on his face.) to combat the Italian mob. People really need to get over the race aspect.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: BlackFamily] #854888
08/08/15 05:20 PM
08/08/15 05:20 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
@Donmega

Thanks for the uploading that video.

I'm quite interested in the direction of the story and yet every other YouTube comment just can't deal with character mixed roots. Reminds me of the previous years on the board of the bickering & nitpicking on black racketeers and gang members. Good ole days I must say LoL.

Mafia 3: a violent tale of family in a sumptuous city

free screen capture

The life of an Italian mafioso has been well documented, in film and in games. There's a well-worn template for the rags-to-riches story of a young hopeful struggling with the internal wranglings of organised crime. Mafia 3 is different. It's set in a reimagined version of New Orleans in the late-'60s, and casts the Italian Mafia as the primary antagonists. You play as Lincoln Clay, a black Vietnam veteran who, on returning to the US, finds work with the black mob. It's here that Clay—an orphan—finds the family he's been searching for.
Mafia 3 isn't about Clay's rise. It's about what happens after his fall. His sense of belonging is cut short when his adoptive family are betrayed by the Italian mob. In Mafia 3, Clay is building his own family, and he's taking them to war against the Italians.
Mafia 3 isn't about Clay's rise. It's about what happens after his fall.

If the setting defies expectation, so too does what new developer Hangar 13 is doing with the Mafia template. Where past games have featured an open-world city as the backdrop to a linear campaign, Mafia 3 has what the developers call a "true open world." It's not yet clear how open or emergent it will be, but—in the press demo I was shown—I got to see how the city plays a part in Clay's war.
In the demo, Clay's mission is to take control of a Mafia-owned drug den. No easy task in its own right, but Clay doesn't yet know where it is. Following a tip that dealers are operating in a local cemetery, he pays a visit hoping to shake loose some information. On his way, I see New Orleans wrought in stuning detail. The excellent lighting creates a dark, smoky atmosphere punctuated by vibrant bursts of light from signs and store fronts. It looks humid, somehow, and feels totally different from the overly familiar aesthetic of New York or LA.

MafiaIII CisternShootout 01

After some brief cover-based stealthing, Clay finds the dealers and transitions into some cover-based shooting—For all that it does do differently, Mafia 3 is still a third-person action game. The dealer runs, and the ensuing chase ends when Clay jumps in his car. Again, Mafia 3 doesn't reinvent the genre. Clay drives erratically to scare the dealer into revealing the location of his drug den. It's a familiar scenario, but one enhanced by Creedence Clearwater Revival's Fortunate Son playing on the radio.
What I hear of the demo's soundtrack is a best-of playlist of the era's most iconic songs. In the short presentation, I also catch The Rolling Stones, The Kinks and Sam & Dave. It feels dismissive to say that a game's music is one of its most exciting features, but the soundtrack works to highlight the sense of a specific time and place. Post-Vietnam New Orleans is packed with detail; everything from the cemetery's eclectic collection of burnouts and hippies, to the moment, earlier in the demo, where Clay is given the choice to intervene as a cop harasses a black man in the street. Mafia 3 is a crime story, but one that appears to be grounded in its period setting.
With the dealer successfully terrorised, Clay learns that the drug den is hidden under a nearby jazz club. He's given the option to kill or spare his new informant. "Can't trust a snitch," he states bluntly, before shooting the dealer in the head and kicking him from the car. Clay's predilection for violence is seen throughout the demo, most notably during the stealth section that leads to the underground den. The player will have the choice to enter in multiple ways: calling in muscle to storm the club, taking a boat into the underground water network, or—as I'm shown—sneaking around the back.

free image hosting
MafiaIII joyride

Reaching a thug undetected gives Clay the chance to perform an instant takedown. In this instance, that means taking a kitchen knife to the soon-to-be-ex guard's face and chest. I'm almost taken aback by the brutality. It will be interesting to learn more about Clay's motivations and see how this is framed in the full game.
Clay clears out the den with the help of a Magnum and shotgun. Both weapons feel powerful and impressive. A single shot won't necessarily kill an enemy, but it will incapacitate them—giving Clay the choice to move in for a melee takedown. After a lengthy shootout, the mob are relieved of their drug den.
Captured territory can be divvied up between Clay's three lieutenants, one of whom is Mafia 2's main character Vito. These characters play an important part of the story, but you can also use their special ablities in the open world. They can bribe cops, supply weapons and provide muscle. They also help to defend the territory they own against Mafia retaliation. The demo finishes as the Mafia sends some goons after Clay, which attracts the attention of the police. It culminates in an explosive firefight outside a cinema where Clay's grenade launcher makes short work of the cop cars.
Mafia 3 is one of the most promising new games being shown at Gamescom. I've still got a lot of questions, but I'm hopeful that its new developers know what they're doing. Hangar 13 has found a great way to rejuvenate the series, but it still feels like a Mafia game. We've seen the tale of the Italian Mafia told many times over. Now it's time to let someone else start a family.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: SinatraClub] #854952
08/08/15 11:53 PM
08/08/15 11:53 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@Sinatra
Who's Robinson ? So far it's just regarded as a black mob not BMF.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: BlackFamily] #855177
08/10/15 09:10 AM
08/10/15 09:10 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
@Sinatra
Who's Robinson ? So far it's just regarded as a black mob not BMF.

Not literally BMF, it's just a black, mafia family in a sense. And Sammy Robinson is the supposed "don" of that group, he's the father figure that Clay encounters and they welcome him into the "Family", along with Robinson's two sons. Parts of the game were made available to play at Gamescom, and someone posted what they knew on Youtube.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #855232
08/10/15 02:37 PM
08/10/15 02:37 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss

IGN interview one of the creators,

---------

image hosting

Ah yeh he's right 6th pic the bar , it's called sammys,

Other pics are clay and his lieutenants, namely Cassandra and her Haitians, Burke and his Irish and Vito Scaletta, the protagonist from Mafia 2.

Players will be granted special abilities and unlocks by these lieutenants, depending upon the "favour" granted to them, but they will betray you if they feel "you're giving away their piece of this new crime pie".

One thing that annoyed me about these games is we're not able to put people in the trunks freely and dispose of them, hope they add that too this game

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: SinatraClub] #855285
08/10/15 09:36 PM
08/10/15 09:36 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Thank you for the update and I see what your talking about.

- African Proverb
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #855354
08/11/15 11:55 AM
08/11/15 11:55 AM
A
AJK Offline
Wiseguy
AJK  Offline
A
Wiseguy

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #855459
08/11/15 08:22 PM
08/11/15 08:22 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Mafia 3 in NOLA? I think I'm game (need to buy the other 2)

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #855513
08/11/15 11:22 PM
08/11/15 11:22 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Lol, a lot of people are getting upset about this, but I like the direction they are going with.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: dixiemafia] #856421
08/17/15 06:42 AM
08/17/15 06:42 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Mafia 3 in NOLA? I think I'm game (need to buy the other 2)

they were average games at best pal.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #856610
08/18/15 05:39 PM
08/18/15 05:39 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
Ok so I did enjoy the trailer. I loved how they mixed the music with the scene and the cars look awesome!

My biggest concern and I know that this is only our first look at the game so I do keep that in mind. I just worry this game will be less focused on MAFIA and more just a standard crime game.

I mean in the end of the trailer the characters are all different ethnicity and backgrounds. I know your character can be working with various crime groups. But I hope they mantain a realstic view of how the Mafia actually worked.

Like being a solider, capo, etc. Doing mob related crimes and activities. extortion, gambling, loansharking, robbery, bribing, taking over territory.

Now if you could work with other ethnic gangs to make money, compete for turf, forge alliances etc I am all for that.

I just don't want to see a game claiming to be mafia based when in reality it isn't structured like the mafia at all. Like why are there non mafia members at a mafia execution? What mob boss would order and allow other associates especially a woman to be present in witnessing that?

Like for god sakes the last Mafia game totally left out the mobs bread and butter racket GAMBLING AND LOANSHARKING. It was set in the 40's and 50's and it never once mentioned gambling business or having you make money either of those ways. they mentioned loansharking but barely. they didn't even have gambling mini games where you could play poker or anything. How any mafia game cannot have gambling is beyond me. that be like Red Dead not letting you ride a horse. cowboys have horses. and mobsters have gambling lol.

Last edited by Primo; 08/18/15 05:42 PM.

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Primo] #856815
08/20/15 06:18 AM
08/20/15 06:18 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
I think the problem is that the previous two were pretty generic in terms of gameplay, cinematically mafia 2 was brilliant. thats why they are redoing the whole thing giving it more of a fresh look and theme.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #856836
08/20/15 11:44 AM
08/20/15 11:44 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Looks like im going to have to buy a ps4 after all.

Skint, but needs to be done.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Primo] #856898
08/20/15 05:43 PM
08/20/15 05:43 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
I always thought that Mafia was a standard crime game. confused

"Now if you could work with other ethnic gangs to make money, compete for turf, forge alliances etc I am all for that."

"I just don't want to see a game claiming to be mafia based when in reality it isn't structured like the mafia at all. Like why are there non mafia members at a mafia execution? What mob boss would order and allow other associates especially a woman to be present in witnessing that?"

Don't you think these 2 statements are contradicting each other?

I think the creators will still have the LCN attributes in perspective but the main focus is revenge and forging a new crime syndicate.

- African Proverb
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: BlackFamily] #861827
09/30/15 06:26 PM
09/30/15 06:26 PM
New York
Purple2K Offline
Wiseguy
Purple2K  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
I always thought that Mafia was a standard crime game. confused

"Now if you could work with other ethnic gangs to make money, compete for turf, forge alliances etc I am all for that."

"I just don't want to see a game claiming to be mafia based when in reality it isn't structured like the mafia at all. Like why are there non mafia members at a mafia execution? What mob boss would order and allow other associates especially a woman to be present in witnessing that?"

Don't you think these 2 statements are contradicting each other?

I think the creators will still have the LCN attributes in perspective but the main focus is revenge and forging a new crime syndicate.

Actually, the Mafia franchise just seems like a story throughout the whole game. Even though you can pretty much do stuff when you're not doing a mission in Mafia II, it just seems like you have to go through the whole game in order to get excited over it.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #862179
10/03/15 07:08 AM
10/03/15 07:08 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Mafia 2 was meant to be on Playstation 2 and xbox, but the company had troubles as their provider filed for bankruptcy, which cause the game from having a 2006 release date to the 2010 date. They found a new provider and jumped the gun with their announcement in 2007 saying it was almost ready. It was ready, just not with the Playstation 3 and xbox 360, and the team could not fix the crossover properly. Mafia 2 was supposed to have 22 chapters instead of 15, with the years 46-57, instead of 43-51. The first chapter was added and works perfectly cause it was done using the new generation console command controls, it is one of the two chapters added in the finale finish of the game.
Rumor, Mafia 3 will have 4 of the deleted chapters in it. Clay is said to be born a Barbaro.

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #862507
10/05/15 05:40 PM
10/05/15 05:40 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Still get it when it comes out , gta v was the same not much to keep playing after finishing the story,

Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #869549
12/13/15 09:54 AM
12/13/15 09:54 AM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
Mafia 3 looks great, wonder how it will fit in with the story of 2. We have Vito in it, he moved to New Orleans possibly after the story finished. He met Joeys son there.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Mafia III speculation [Re: Detroit] #869978
12/18/15 01:26 PM
12/18/15 01:26 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
The story is that as part of Galante's deal with the remaining families, Vito is exiled and sent to New Orleans to be under the auspices of the main enemy in this game, Sal, I forget his last name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull