GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 106 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,161
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thomas and Rosemarie Uva #700423
03/01/13 08:02 AM
03/01/13 08:02 AM
T
tiger84 Offline OP
Capo
tiger84  Offline OP
T
Capo
why did this couple target wiseguys did they do something to them and they robbed them for revenge.And they must of been pretty connected because they knew were all the social clubs were.Y the fuck has this not been made a movie

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #700441
03/01/13 10:14 AM
03/01/13 10:14 AM
AmericanCrime Offline
Capo
AmericanCrime  Offline
Capo
Cause the money. Why else would you rob a LCN-linked social club. Same reason foolish thugs hold up org. crime affiliated card games.

And social clubs and mob hangout aren't exactly secret. You could prolly just ask some locals where wiseguys hangout. Or the places were otherwise reported in the media. The joints may be hush-hush on the downlow but they aren't confidential.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #700693
03/02/13 07:23 PM
03/02/13 07:23 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Cash, gold jewelry and watches, plus probably nobody with a gun on them.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #700695
03/02/13 07:30 PM
03/02/13 07:30 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Quick cash and the mob isn't going to call the cops. Of course, that's not taking into consideration the obvious downside, which those two later discovered. whistle

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #700700
03/02/13 07:54 PM
03/02/13 07:54 PM
T
tiger84 Offline OP
Capo
tiger84  Offline OP
T
Capo
They must of been retarted what did he think was going to happen?He grew up in a wiseguy neighbourhood

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #700731
03/03/13 04:34 AM
03/03/13 04:34 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
There´s an excellent piece on the "Bonnie and Clyde" cuople done by Thom L. Jones here:

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-kindness-of-death

[Linked Image]
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: IvyLeague] #700846
03/03/13 09:36 PM
03/03/13 09:36 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Quick cash and the mob isn't going to call the cops. Of course, that's not taking into consideration the obvious downside, which those two later discovered. whistle
exactly..beat me to it !!! cool

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: HairyKnuckles] #701130
03/05/13 08:22 PM
03/05/13 08:22 PM
T
tiger84 Offline OP
Capo
tiger84  Offline OP
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
There´s an excellent piece on the "Bonnie and Clyde" cuople done by Thom L. Jones here:

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-kindness-of-death

That was a really good article.But if thomas was a mob groupie why would he rob them why wouldnt he try hooking up with a crew and being a wiseguy himself

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762175
02/06/14 03:10 AM
02/06/14 03:10 AM
Gotti Offline
Button
Gotti  Offline
Button

Makes you think. Makes you think about the people in your life. And when I think, I think of Neil. If he were here now what would he say? He would say "John what's it about? What's life about... if you dont go through it as a man's man?". He'd say "Suck it up, take the fall do the time. That made you what you are. That makes you what you are. How long have we been around this thing of ours? This Cosa Nostra? 120 years. What's it about? It's about the rules, perimeters. You take the beating for a friend, you don't run, you don't lay down, you don't betray who you are. What you are.
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: Gotti] #762184
02/06/14 06:20 AM
02/06/14 06:20 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
wow. that actually looks pretty good.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: Scorsese] #762359
02/07/14 03:14 AM
02/07/14 03:14 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Scorsese

clap

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762360
02/07/14 05:25 AM
02/07/14 05:25 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I already make a post on the Italian American Bonnie&Clyde

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...3517#Post633517

The couple isn't so beautiful as in the movie Rob the Mob

Thomas Uva and Rosemarie Uva (often misspelled Rosemary or Rose Marie) were married ex-cons from Ozone Park, Queens and considered a modern day "Bonnie and Clyde''

Thomas Uva had gotten out of prison in May 1992 at the age of 28. He and his 31 year old wife, who worked as the getaway driver, started holding up mafia social clubs throughout New York City that were owned by the Gambino crime family and the Bonanno crime family. As a result, mafia families put out an "open contract" to kill the couple.
On the morning of Christmas Eve 1992, the two decided to go out on a last minute Christmas shopping drive. They left their Ozone Park home and got into their car. As they got to the intersection of Woodhaven Boulevard and 103rd Avenue, Dominick Pizzonia, a Gambino family capo, allegedly shot the couple several times in the head.Their bodies were discovered moments later when the car rolled through the intersection, collided with an oncoming vehicle, and came to rest against the front curb of nearby residence. The victims, and their killer, all lived in the same neighborhood of Ozone Park, about half a mile from the murder scene. There have also been speculations that the murders were done by Bonanno family soldiers, Anthony Donato and Vincent Basciano.On May 11, 2007, Dominick Pizzonia was convicted of plotting to kill the couple but the federal jury found the government did not prove he had actually killed them. Former Bonanno family underboss Sal Vitale said that he and Joseph Massino had a conversation with John Gotti Jr who told them, "we took care of it".For years, investigators suspected Junior Gotti played a role in the murder but was never charged and Gotti denied he had any involvement.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/09/mob-hits-and-misses/

Mob Hits and Misses
By MIKE NIZZA

Mafia clans are known to fight over turf, but credit for a double murder? F.B.I. documents cited by The Associated Press today recount a conversation between two rival families.
”We did that,” a captain in the Bonanno organized crime family asserted during a meeting.
”No, we did it,” then-acting Gambino family boss John A. ”Junior” Gotti responded.
The answer is: When the victims really, really embarrassed all of them. William K. Rashbaum of The New York Times retold the story:
In the annals of New York City crime, few undertakings were more ill-advised, foolhardy and just plain dangerous than the one that prosecutors say was chosen by Thomas and Rose Marie Uva, a young married couple from Queens.
The Uvas set out more than a dozen years ago to solve their financial difficulties in a most unusual fashion: walking into mob social clubs with an Uzi submachine gun and separating the Mafiosi within from their ill-gotten gains.
Mr. Uva, 28, even forced his marks to drop their pants, a prosecutor said. In 1992, they died in Ozone Park, Queens, shot to death while sitting in a 1990 four-door Mercury Topaz.
The debate over credit emerged in the trial of Dominick ”Skinny Dom” Pizzonia, who is accused in the killings. His defense strategy involves creating enough confusion to add up to reasonable doubt, it seems.An F.B.I. report presented at the trial suggests that bragging rights for the hit were ultimately won by Mr. Gotti. That’s bad news for Mr. Pizzonia, who is suspected of working for the Gotti family.Whether the strategy will convince the jury remains to be seen. Closing arguments are expected today.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 02/07/14 05:27 AM.
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762368
02/07/14 09:04 AM
02/07/14 09:04 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
She wasn't that bad looking. I would have put it right in her butt.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: Ted] #762369
02/07/14 09:33 AM
02/07/14 09:33 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted

clap

I know I'm a genius.
But a lot of newer mob themed films suck, and you can often tell there gonna suck just by the trailer, this one struck me as some what original.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: Scorsese] #762511
02/07/14 07:25 PM
02/07/14 07:25 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss

clap

I know I'm a genius.
But a lot of newer mob themed films suck, and you can often tell there gonna suck just by the trailer, this one struck me as some what original.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was clapping in agreement. It looks like it will be a very good movie.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: Ted] #762512
02/07/14 07:29 PM
02/07/14 07:29 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Trying to go straight after an arrest, Rosie lands a job and persuades her lover Tommy to join her. But soon Tommy is skipping his shifts to attend the trial of mobster John Gotti. When he hears of a Mafia-owned club during the trial, he has an idea: Why not rob it? So begins a series of stickups of mob hangouts around the city. The raids draw the attention of the FBI. But while the attacks enrage the mob, leader Big Al orders his men only to scare the couple. During a heist, Tommy and Rosie stumble upon a Mafia secret so closely guarded that most mobsters don't know it exists. To the Feds, it's the smoking gun they've been looking for. To Big Al, it's the high cost of his leniency-a mistake he quickly moves to correct. For Tommy and Rosie, caught between the law and the mob, the future all depends on who gets to them first.

Did they add a fake subplot to the story or am I missing something?

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762573
02/08/14 07:54 AM
02/08/14 07:54 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Hollywood?

No. Never.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: Ted] #762574
02/08/14 08:01 AM
02/08/14 08:01 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Quote:
Trying to go straight after an arrest, Rosie lands a job and persuades her lover Tommy to join her. But soon Tommy is skipping his shifts to attend the trial of mobster John Gotti. When he hears of a Mafia-owned club during the trial, he has an idea: Why not rob it? So begins a series of stickups of mob hangouts around the city. The raids draw the attention of the FBI. But while the attacks enrage the mob, leader Big Al orders his men only to scare the couple. During a heist, Tommy and Rosie stumble upon a Mafia secret so closely guarded that most mobsters don't know it exists. To the Feds, it's the smoking gun they've been looking for. To Big Al, it's the high cost of his leniency-a mistake he quickly moves to correct. For Tommy and Rosie, caught between the law and the mob, the future all depends on who gets to them first.

Did they add a fake subplot to the story or am I missing something?

there was something about them finding a list of mobsters in one of their robberies.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: PhillyMob] #762590
02/08/14 11:38 AM
02/08/14 11:38 AM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Originally Posted By: PhillyMob

Lol she is good enough for the butt eh.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762728
02/09/14 02:17 PM
02/09/14 02:17 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/23/nyregion/23mob.html?_r=0

Arrest in Killings of 2 Who Dared to Rob the Mob

By WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM
Published: September 23, 2005

In the annals of New York City crime, few undertakings were more ill-advised, foolhardy and just plain dangerous than the one that prosecutors say was chosen by Thomas and Rose Marie Uva, a young married couple from Queens.

The Uvas set out more than a dozen years ago to solve their financial difficulties in a most unusual fashion: walking into mob social clubs with an Uzi submachine gun and separating the Mafiosi within from their ill-gotten gains.

The crime spree was predictably short-lived. They were killed in 1992 in one of the more public executions in the recent history of organized crime in New York. On Christmas Eve, in broad daylight on a busy Queens thoroughfare, they were each shot several times in the head as they sat in a car at a traffic light. Ms. Uva, the authorities said, had more than $1,000 in her wallet; investigators said they believed the couple might have been out for some last-minute Christmas shopping.

No one had been charged in the case until yesterday, when F.B.I. agents and police detectives arrested a man, whom they accused of being a captain in the Gambino crime family, on charges that he was part of the hit team that killed the couple.

The man, Dominick Pizzonia, who prosecutors say was known as Skinny Dom, was charged with racketeering conspiracy, including the two murders.

The robberies committed by the couple - in Brooklyn, Queens and Little Italy, at clubs with names like the Hawaiian Moonlighters and the Veterans and Friends - were such a sore point among mob figures, according to F.B.I. reports and law enforcement officials, that two crime families argued over who should get credit for their deaths. Federal prosecutors have said in court papers that John A. Gotti once boasted that his group, the Gambino family, was responsible for the hit, not the Bonannos, who had also claimed credit.

"We took care of it," Mr. Gotti said, according to government court papers filed in his recent racketeering case in Manhattan.

Mr. Gotti's lawyer, Jeffrey H. Lichtman, said yesterday that his client had no role in the crimes. "If they had any evidence against John, they certainly would have brought it in this case, or in the case in 1998 against John," he said.

Regardless of who ordered the killings, they did not come before the mob had suffered some embarrassment. The robberies had stunned the world of organized crime: gangland figures were incredulous over the brazen assaults on the normally inviolate establishments where they played cards, sipped coffee and schemed, according to several law enforcement officials.

There were at least four robberies, and as the crime spree stretched over several months, the mob initially seemed unable to stop it. Perhaps belaboring the obvious, one former high-ranking mob figure, who became a government witness several years ago, said, "It's embarrassing if wise guys get held up."

The couple committing the robberies were not completely in uncharted territory. The diminutive, doe-eyed Ms. Uva had been convicted of attempted robbery several years earlier and had served a little more than a year in state prison. Her husband had been in state prison twice; he was released in May 1991 after serving nearly three years for first-degree robbery. Investigators at the time of the couple's deaths said Mr. Uva had a drug problem.

Moreover, Mr. Uva, 28, may have been something of a mob buff, according to one law enforcement official who said investigators believed Mr. Uva had attended the 1992 trial of John J. Gotti. And after the couple were killed, investigators found that they had a list of mob figures' telephone and pager numbers, the official said.

Yesterday, the silver-haired Mr. Pizzonia, 63, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment in United States District Court in Brooklyn. The assistant United States attorneys prosecuting the case, Winston Y. Chan and Mitra Hormozi, filed papers asking the judge to hold him without bail, and a hearing was scheduled for next week.

After the arraignment, Mr. Pizzonia's lawyer, Joseph Corozzo, cited the Bonanno family's claim of responsibility in the case, noting that cooperating witnesses from that family had talked about the killings.

Law enforcement officials and investigators, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, have said that they have enough evidence to prove that Mr. Pizzonia was one of two gunmen that day.

Investigators were looking into the role of another Gambino figure, Ronald Trucchio, known as Ronnie One Arm for his withered right limb, who was sentenced in August to 20 years in federal prison on racketeering conspiracy charges, the officials and investigators said. A third man served as the getaway driver, the officials and investigators have said.

Mr. Pizzonia's lawyer, Mr. Corozzo, also said yesterday that the prosecutors had brought the charges against his client as a "knee-jerk reaction to get anyone who was close to John Gotti after his son was victorious in court last week."

Mr. Pizzonia was close to Mr. Gotti, the flamboyant mob chief who died in 2002 in federal prison, where he was serving a life sentence for murder and racketeering. His son, John A. Gotti, avoided a racketeering conviction in his own case on Tuesday when a federal jury in Manhattan returned hung verdicts on three charges against him and voted not guilty on a fourth.

Colin Moynihan contributed reporting for this article.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762729
02/09/14 02:21 PM
02/09/14 02:21 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy

a very pretty couple.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: Scalish] #762737
02/09/14 04:48 PM
02/09/14 04:48 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Originally Posted By: Scalish

Lol she is good enough for the butt eh.

Yup def for the butt lol. Because if I were to get her pregnant she would have me watching the kid all the time while she was out robbing banks.

This is a nutty story though. I think it will definitely become a movie at some point.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762740
02/09/14 05:10 PM
02/09/14 05:10 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
It already has become a movie , rob the mob

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762743
02/09/14 05:27 PM
02/09/14 05:27 PM
T
tiger84 Offline OP
Capo
tiger84  Offline OP
T
Capo
fuck its actuallly a big budget movie with a few a listers good

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762749
02/09/14 07:04 PM
02/09/14 07:04 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
No shit I didn't realize that.

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: tiger84] #762753
02/09/14 07:09 PM
02/09/14 07:09 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Lol I did see the other posts about the movie lol

Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: PhillyMob] #762755
02/09/14 07:46 PM
02/09/14 07:46 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo

Be careful, she appears to be growing something resembling a mashtash and those broads are a dime a dozen east of Broadway around Washington Heights lol

I can hook you up if you like.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: Thomas and Rosemarie Uva [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #762767
02/09/14 09:40 PM
02/09/14 09:40 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
^^^^ lol

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull