GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 130 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,844
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Rochester Family (Present Day) #760312
01/25/14 04:30 PM
01/25/14 04:30 PM
Los Angeles
Gingello101182 Offline OP
Made Member
Gingello101182  Offline OP
Made Member
Los Angeles
Rochester Organized Crime

Hello everyone as promised I will now give a breakdown of who among the defunct Rochester CN Family is still operating in Rochester and what they are into. Before I give a breakdown of each member I would like to give a little background. The A and B War splintered the family and even to this day there is some hostility. When I say hostility I just mean there is some trash talking that goes on over dinner lol.

In terms of the guys that are still operating you have two groups. You have what I will call the Piccarretto-Gingello Group (PG Group) and on the other side I will just call them the Others. Furthermore, I will list the guys who are not active and two guys that are either high ranking associates or made members. In my opinion, one of the main reasons that these guys still make money through bookmaking is that they cater to a specific local market that bets on minor league baseball, high school sports, local college sports, and the local professional soccer team. By providing bettors the opportunity to bet on these local sports, the family has a built in market that they have all to themselves.
PG Group

Rene Piccaretto- He is the leader of what is left of the family. What I mean by this is that he receives money from all the other members who still operate. His son Loren looks over day to day operations. This is mainly bookmaking, but there are a few floating card games and a few juice loans the Piccarretos have on the street. I know this is not one of the best sources to back up my claims, but in Kenji’s book he briefly mentions that Rene still had guys on the street operating when he talked to Rene in prison. Rene is a living legend in Rochester. Anytime he shows up to eat dinner it is always big news. However, Rene is really old and really has no hands on involvement in any business “ventures.”

Loren Piccarreto-He is his father’s eyes and ears. He has a few card games that belong to him and a decent size sports book. There were rumors that in the early 2000s that some of his associates were selling drugs, but nothing ever came of this.

Anthony “Tony G” Gingello- Salvatore “Sammy” Gingello’s brother. Anthony I would say has equal status with Loren. He runs a floating card game that is frequented by many local business owners and a certain local radio legend. He also has some money on the street and he has a decent size sports book. What is most interesting is that through his cousin, who is also named Anthony Gingello, who was a local labor leader. I have heard allegations that some of the fellas and their family members receive no show jobs, or favorable contracts. I cannot confirm this I am just repeating what I have heard. I would equate the Gingellos to being like the Difronzos in Chicago. They have a lot of legitimate businesses and local influence even though Tony G and Sammy G were two of the most famous gangsters ever in upstate NY.

The other guys that are active work for both the PG Group as agents for the sports books and collectors are Donald Paone (he was actually released in 1998), Anthony Colombo, Joseph LaDolce and Joseph Trieste. I do not know as much about these guys other than they work with the PG Group.

Others

Frank Frassetto and his sons are the most active guys in this group. They do a little sports booking along with some guys from Buffalo, and his sons sell marijuana, cocaine, and heroin. I would call them mid-level dealers. They also are involved in check cashing, credit card, and computer fraud. We all know he and his sons were busted for heroin about 7 years ago (Jerry Capeci mentions this in his Idiot’s Guide to the Mafia). He was also arrested about 7 years ago for a fraud scheme he had going with Celestino and a few other shady characters. Here is the article. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080124/NEWS01/801240356/1002/NEWS

Dominic Celestino- He is still active working with the Frassettos in their various endeavors. He has a small sports book that he maintains with the Frassettos.

Anthony Chirico- Anthony works with Celestino and the Frassettos in their sports book.

Retired Guys

Joseph Rossi- He is retired and living in Rochester.

Charles Indovino- He is retired and living in Florida, last time I heard.

Thomas Marotta- He is retired and living in Perinton, NY down the street from my parents lol.

Associates/ Possible Made Members

Anthony Gingello, Jr. - This is another guy named Anthony Gingello. This is Sammy G’s nephew and Tony G’s son. He was arrested for running an illegal card game in the 1990s and he actually posted Tommy Marotta’s bail when he got in trouble. I do not think he is made but he is definitely well respected and he is the eyes and ears for his dad’s operations. Here is an article that mentions him. http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/story/does-the-mob-exist-today/d/story/CnqKgqEuRUCRZOq1fsPh3g

Dominic Taddeo- He is still in prison, but I have heard rumors that Rene made him before he went away. When you think about all the people Taddeo killed and how he was basically a one man army for Rene it is actually believable. This guy was and still is nuts. Here is an interesting article on how he tried to help Carlos Lehder escape from Marion.
http://articles.mcall.com/1990-08-02/news/2759500_1_indicted-grand-jury-organized

I have heard rumors that there are a few Buffalo associates in the areas that are active. I met them once when I was a waiter at the Woodcliff Lodge and Spa’s restaurant Horizons. Their first names were Carmine and Mike, but I do not know anything about them other than they like to present themselves as gangsters. If anyone has any information to add I would appreciate it. Later, I will compile a list of the most active and influential organized crime groups in Rochester and how the fellas match up.

One last note the chart showing the Rochester Family has many errors. For one Rene is not dead. Second, there are no more official made members who are still behind bars. Donald Paone got out in 1998 and Anthony Colombo got out in the early 2000s. Anyone who wants some more specific information in regards to the sports books, etc. please PM me. I have tried my best to provide what documentation I can but a lot of the information comes from first and second hand knowledge from local law enforcement and underworld sources. PM me and I can give some details. I do not expect everyone to believe me, but I still hope you all might still want to discuss the topic.

You say share my life, and I think share my tequila. And then I think.... no.-Principal Lewis
Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760315
01/25/14 04:38 PM
01/25/14 04:38 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Southeastern Massachusetts
Nice job.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760316
01/25/14 04:41 PM
01/25/14 04:41 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Great info thanks for the post Gingello.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760317
01/25/14 04:59 PM
01/25/14 04:59 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Love reading about the Rochester mob , great post . Thanks

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: domwoods74] #760318
01/25/14 05:20 PM
01/25/14 05:20 PM
Los Angeles
Made Member
Made Member
Los Angeles
Thanks guys. On a side note I know JCB and some of you other guys will find this interesting, my fiend lives in the same house where Frank Valenti met with Joe Todaro about Rochester becoming its own family. I can upload some pictures if anyone is interested.

You say share my life, and I think share my tequila. And then I think.... no.-Principal Lewis
Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: domwoods74] #760319
01/25/14 05:33 PM
01/25/14 05:33 PM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button
Growing up, I worked at some bars/restaurants in Rochester.

One thing is for sure, and it's that a lot of the legit business owners or drug dealers that frequent East Avenue/Alexander Street and back in the day, parts of East Rochester, want to appear as mobsters, even when they aren't. I never bothered trying to figure out who was for real.

I have no idea what it's like present day, but when I was a teen, you couldn't walk into a bar in Greece, Gates or Webster and swing a dead cat without hitting someone willing to take a bet.

Interesting that the present book revolves around local teams. I've never heard that. Seems like a good way to beat out the big competition from websites.

It's my understanding that some of Rene's grandkids (or maybe just kid?) are involved in the bar scene there. Who knows if that's true.

I've heard of some non-made construction guys who went away over the years for drugs...this was probably 20 years ago.

Joe LoDolce pleaded guilty to touching a 15-year-old boy a few years back. Not sure if he did any time.

Tony Leonardo is now out of Federal Custody. He was a local lawyer linked to the Brinks job. I think for money laundering. He just got out this week.

I've lived all over the place, and pockets of Rochester, and I mean VERY small pockets, are still like you'd imagine in the movies. Restaurants by the lake and on Jay Street that haven't been updated in 35 years, late night card games, sports slips at the remaining factories.

There's no reason for me to go back now, though.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760322
01/25/14 05:50 PM
01/25/14 05:50 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Gingello upload those pics bro I would love to check it out.

Thanks.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: SharpieOne] #760325
01/25/14 05:53 PM
01/25/14 05:53 PM
Los Angeles
Made Member
Made Member
Los Angeles
Hey SharpieOne thanks for the input. Lodolce never did any time over this. He still hangs around the old guys but he is a junkie now. Rocky's is the only old restaurant left on Jay Street now. Thanks for the update on Leonardo. I think they let him go on parole because a few years ago he had a heart attack and fractured his skull when he fell. I think his family got a settlement for the feds as he was left bleeding in his cell for several hours.

You took me back with that mention about the drug bust. I knew some of those guys, they claimed at the time they worked for Angelo Amico (RIP), which was not true but people still believe them.

As for Rene's grand kids, they do sell a little coke and weed but they are not involved in any gambling or traditional family stuff.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760336
01/25/14 06:35 PM
01/25/14 06:35 PM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button
Antonetta's on Jay Street isn't open any more? What about Mr. Dominick's near the lake? Maybe I just heard that Rene's grandkids just drink in bars, not run them. Lol.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: SharpieOne] #760340
01/25/14 06:44 PM
01/25/14 06:44 PM
Los Angeles
Made Member
Made Member
Los Angeles
I forgot about antonetta's lol. I was thinking about Jay Street as it goes towards Lake Avenue which has become a ghetto. Dominik's is till open too. Those old school East Rochester restaurants the North Side and Perlo's are still around. Northside has gone down in quality but Perlo's has not.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760350
01/25/14 08:41 PM
01/25/14 08:41 PM
JoeTheBoss Offline
Button
JoeTheBoss  Offline
Button
Great info Gingello thx man, I'm from around Ithaca so it's good to hear about the 'local' mob. Does Buffalo still control 'cuse?

"Goodfellas don't sue Goodfellas....Goodfellas kill Goodfellas." - Salvatore Profaci
Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760405
01/26/14 02:38 PM
01/26/14 02:38 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Awesome stuff . Thanks a lot. Looking forward to you posting more. I'm down in nyc but have family and friends up there and I visit frequently so I always like reading about the old rochester family. I was at Antoinette's over the holidays actually. I remember a long time ago it was "the place to be" for local politicians , cops, and ppl like that. Also, there's Roncones over on Lyell ave still open. It's funny those places do most or all of their biz during lunch and all the old timers who drive in from the suburbs to eat there every day. Definitely a time warp .

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760407
01/26/14 02:51 PM
01/26/14 02:51 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Where do the Picarettos live btw?

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: tt120] #760411
01/26/14 03:20 PM
01/26/14 03:20 PM
Los Angeles
Made Member
Made Member
Los Angeles
Hey guys thanks for the responses. If you can believe it the Piccaretos still live in Irondequoit. It’s weird they are surrounded by African Americans and Puerto Ricans but thethere still are a couple blocks on Brower Road and the surrounding streets inhabited by old Italians. Everyone knows the only reason the Italians do not sell their houses is because the Piccarretos make them feel safe lol.

It is hilarious that you mention how most of these restaurants still make all their money during lunch. Rocky’s is only opened for a few hours for dinner two days a week. Rochester is full of little enclaves that make you feel like the old family is still alive and well.

To answer Joe the Boss’s question I really do not think there is a whole lot of Buffalo activity left in Syracuse. There is some, but the Carcone Utica crew never really recovered from their last bust. If anything there is more activity from guys connected to the Westside and the Gambino Family. A friend of mine was actually arrested in that last garbage bust with Carmine Franco and I know he made book around Syracuse. On another I will post a story in a little bit some friends of mine who are detectives in Buffalo told me about Frank “Butchie” Bifulco.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760412
01/26/14 03:26 PM
01/26/14 03:26 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Hey Gingello what bust are you talking about with the Carcone crew the walmart thing in 2000?

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760425
01/26/14 04:42 PM
01/26/14 04:42 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Just about everyone I know up there bets sports on a regular basis. I remember parlay cards used to be huge there. That's hilarious, almost ridiculous even, that people are betting on local high school games.

i couldn't imagine all of the action that must have taken place in the early 90s when the Bills were in the Super Bowl those 4 consecutive times. A restaurant/diner near where my cousins live mysteriously burned to the ground a few minutes after the Bills lost to Dallas (I believe the 2nd time) in the SB lol

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: tt120] #760448
01/26/14 06:25 PM
01/26/14 06:25 PM
Los Angeles
Made Member
Made Member
Los Angeles
That is hilarious I think I remember hearing about that bar. Rochester is full of degenerate gamblers who will bet on anything and everything.

Hey Scalish I was talking about that bust in 2000. I thought you might find this interesting but I asked around and found out that Buffalo soldiers Jimmy Feliciano and Phil Corelli are still involved in some illegal gambling but they still boost things as well. From what I understand they are still pretty good at it, but the only problem is almost all their profits go into a needle and then into their arms. I cannot confirm this first hand but the person I talked to is pretty reliable (a Buffalo police officer). Also another friend of mine told me he has sold them some bags of smack in the past, and we are not talking serious weight we are talking a few dime bags. Clearly the dope was for personal use and I doubt they were getting it for a friend lol. I did not forget about the picture of that house, its just I live in Los Angeles now so I am waiting for my friend to take a few pictures and send them.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760452
01/26/14 06:40 PM
01/26/14 06:40 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Thanks for the update Gingello, I heard that about Feliciano didn't know about Phil being a junkie.

A friend of mine also told me Jimmy was a stupid drunk as well.
He is young though at 36.

No problem about the pics when you get them you get them.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Scalish] #760456
01/26/14 07:14 PM
01/26/14 07:14 PM
Los Angeles
Made Member
Made Member
Los Angeles
Yeah it shows how low the mob has sunk by making a clown like Feliciano. He is a good thief though.

Anyway I wanted to relay a story about Butchie BiFulco. I was talking to a few friends of mine who are all Detectives in Buffalo. We began talking about the Buffalo mob and who was doing what. They confirmed what we already knew which was that Lenny Falzone is the boss, before he died Nicolletti was the UB and the Todaros acted in a counselor role. I asked them about Butchie and what role he would play when he gets out and they laughed. They said and I quote, "He better move to Australia or something, because no one respects him."

I asked them why this is and they reminded of me when Butchie was shot in a "car jacking." According to several informants, the police believe that Butchie went to shake down some crack dealers who he believe were dealing on "his turf." Butchie confronted some African American gentleman who were standing on a corner. Butchie barked about who he was, who he was with, and how these punks need to show him respect and pay up. They initially laughed at him and told him to get the f**k out of the neighborhood. when Butchie failed to leave and kept running his mouth, one of the dealers shot him.

Butchie reported that he was carjacked because obviously he did not want to tell the police I was just trying to shake down some crack dealers when they shot me for no reason lol. When I read some the articles written after Papa Joe's death, I had to laugh when they mentioned how Butchie could be the heir apparent and the future crime lord of Buffalo lol.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760461
01/26/14 08:46 PM
01/26/14 08:46 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
He is out now no?

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760463
01/26/14 09:18 PM
01/26/14 09:18 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Great info Gingello. I thought Loren took over for his father Rene and Frank Frassetto runs the day to day operations jointly with Feliciano.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #760464
01/26/14 09:24 PM
01/26/14 09:24 PM
Los Angeles
Made Member
Made Member
Los Angeles
Hey Scalish Butchie is out now.

Feliciano is in the Buffalo mob and has nothing to do with Rochester. Frassetto has been enemies with the Piccarettos since the Alphabet War. Loren is more or less the de facto leader, but Tony G has equal status. There is no real structure left, but some guys, due to their past rank, have more status than others do. Hope that helps.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760525
01/27/14 07:51 AM
01/27/14 07:51 AM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Gingello, I heard he was out and also heard he was in Florida or Vegas any truth to that or is he in Buffalo?

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760529
01/27/14 09:41 AM
01/27/14 09:41 AM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
A few things guys
First, save a 7 to 8 year period where they managed to create a pseudo structure,there is not now nor has there ever been a "Rochester family".
Piccaretto, Faliciano and Gingello (Sammy's Nephewa) are Buffalo guys, always have been.
Be careful not to underestimate Faliciano, he is a good earner one of the best theives and fences in the Country. he learned his trade from Joe Kirk (Coreale)who was a aprentice in the old Barge Canal Gang. (They warrent a thread of their own soon)
The "Mike" Gingello mentioned is undoubtedly Vadalla. he lives in Brighten and his Dad (Same name) was a Buffalo associate and was a relitive by marriage of the Terzini Brothers, and was one of the Andaloro's brother in Law. Not sure who Carmine might be.
The Carcone/Falange crew were not the central figures in Syracuse, although they did cross over from Utica on some things. What is left in Utica today has a connection to Syracuse via Turning Stone.
Whats left of Syracuse Operates from the casino, Erie Blvd East, Water Street/Schiller park and Wolf street,(Book, Shy and Prostitution) and they always had a closer tie to the old local 442 crew from Rome than they did with Utica. Buffalo still conrols all 3.
Other than that, werll done Gingello

Last edited by TheArm; 01/27/14 09:58 AM.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: TheArm] #760564
01/27/14 12:47 PM
01/27/14 12:47 PM
Los Angeles
Made Member
Made Member
Los Angeles
Hey Arm thanks for your input. So those guys were actually somebodies huh? Wow I thought they were full of shit. I know what you mean about Rochester not being a traditional family like the Buffalo Family and I think in that respect you are correct. I call them the Rochester Family because it is easier to say and it sounds better than the Rochester Faction. I honestly know a lot more about Rochester than Syracuse so I hope I was not out of line commenting.

As for Feliciano I was being pretty harsh. You are right he is an amazing thief but I said he was a clown because he knows he has a drug problem but chooses to do nothing. I honestly hope he beats his addiction. I hope we can further discuss organized crime in Western NY soon.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760573
01/27/14 01:05 PM
01/27/14 01:05 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: Gingello101182
Hey Arm thanks for your input. So those guys were actually somebodies huh? Wow I thought they were full of shit. I know what you mean about Rochester not being a traditional family like the Buffalo Family and I think in that respect you are correct. I call them the Rochester Family because it is easier to say and it sounds better than the Rochester Faction. I honestly know a lot more about Rochester than Syracuse so I hope I was not out of line commenting.

As for Feliciano I was being pretty harsh. You are right he is an amazing thief but I said he was a clown because he knows he has a drug problem but chooses to do nothing. I honestly hope he beats his addiction. I hope we can further discuss organized crime in Western NY soon.

I hope we can as well...Westen and Central NY and to a lesser extent Onterio is where the roots of my past come from. Like I said, your post was well done...would love to discuss this topic more

Been there and done it
Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760590
01/27/14 02:42 PM
01/27/14 02:42 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
So you boys know if Butchie is in Buffalo or elsewhere?

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Scalish] #760591
01/27/14 02:55 PM
01/27/14 02:55 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: Scalish

He lives near Edward Street in Buffalo

Been there and done it
Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Gingello101182] #760592
01/27/14 03:02 PM
01/27/14 03:02 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Thanks Bro.

Re: Rochester Family (Present Day) [Re: Scalish] #760596
01/27/14 03:12 PM
01/27/14 03:12 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Thanks Bro.

No Problem

Been there and done it
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull