GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 96 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassination #752350
12/09/13 05:00 AM
12/09/13 05:00 AM
S
stern49 Offline OP
Underboss
stern49  Offline OP
S
Underboss

John Roselli Could Have Been Involved

There's information that Bill Bonanno wrote about that says a Chicago mobster who was based in the L.A. area named John Roselli was one of the men involved in the JFK assassination. He said he shot Kennedy from a storm drain in Dallas. In 1975, Roselli testified at a special hearing of the Senate Intelligence Committee five days after the Chicago Outfit acting boss Sam Giancana was killed in his home. Giancana was also subpoenaed, but his death prevented his testimony. There was a lot of speculation that he was killed because certain people in the underworld and CIA didn't want somebody snitching them out about their involvement in Operation Mongoose or the murder of JFK.

After Roselli's CIA testimony, his lawyer wanted him to get a bodyguard, but Roselli laughed at him. He had done many things for LCN and felt he was safe going into retirement in Plantation, Florida. He said "Who would want to kill an old man like me?" On August 9, 1976 Roselli's body was found in a 55-gallon oil drum. Holes were punched in the drum and heavy chains coiled around it to weigh it down, and the drum was dumped into Florida waters. The idea was to make the drum stay down indefinitely, but gases caused by the decomposing body brought the drum to the surface.

Roselli was definitely involved in it. There's a former Chicago Outfit associate named James Files who stated in a 1994 interview that he was the "grassy knoll shooter" and Roselli was the "storm drain shooter." Files is a prisoner at the Stateville Correctional Center in Crest Hill, Illinois. He has been interviewed by others and discussed in various books pertaining to the assassination and related conspiracy theories. Files also said a Chicago Outfit soldier named Charles Nicoletti was with them.

LBJ was angry with JFK for wanting to pull out of Vietnam and many believe he was one of the main guys involved in it. Arlen Specter who claimed it was a Magic Bullet that killed Kennedy either knew something about it or was involved. That's why he tried fooling us with it being a magic bullet. There were also some racist politicians in the south who were very mad with Kennedy. Anti-Castro Cubans were angry at him as well. The government, American mob, Anti-Castro Cubans and Southern politicians were all together on it.

Many people believe the Oswald story. He was involved for sure, but I believe that he was just the fall guy like he said. That's why he was murdered by Jack Ruby, it was to prevent him from snitching. They say the New Orleans crime family, Dallas crime family, Trafficante crime family and Chicago Outfit were all the LCN organizations that were involved in the assassination.

The End

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752351
12/09/13 05:44 AM
12/09/13 05:44 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Thanks stern49

I dont belive Bill Bonanno that much but i also dont belive the Oswald story.

And yes its true that there are rumours about Chuck Nicoletti's involvment as one of the shooters of President John F. Kennedy.There was also a eye witness that saw Nicoletti with some other men right after the shooting.

Theres one source,a guy named James E. Files who was a driver for Nicoletti,said that Nicoletti told him "We are going to do Kennedy."That happend in June 1963.One week prior to the assassination, Files says he drove a 1963 Chevrolet loaded with weapons to a motel in Mesquite, Texas.

Coincidence that both Charles Nicoletti and George De Mohrenschildt(a professor who was connected to Dallas and had some connections with Oswald also)were killed on the same day,March 29, 1977.The two of them were due to appear before the Select House Committee on Assassinations and to be asked about their involvement in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.Sam Giancana and John Roselli also died violent death's before being able to testify before House committees.

Some people say that Roselli was killed because he was Giancana's loyalist...thats not true.

One of the biggest reasons Roselli got whacked was his big mouth.For example theres a rumour that he ratted out the Detroit and St. Louis crime families and their gambling operations in Vegas.Roselli talked differently in private with gangland friends. He told them of Giancana's words to him when he had gotten his subpoena:"Santo's shitting in his pants, but you can't keep his name out of it.I introduced the guy to the CIA. . . .This Santo's crazy to think we can stop his name from surfacing."

When he testified at a special hearing of the Senate Intelligence Committee,he told of some CIA plots, but led congressional investigators on a merry-go-round by insisting he had no recollection of the key events.The whole Chicago Outfit,together with Marcello and Trafficante got scared.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: Toodoped] #752355
12/09/13 06:09 AM
12/09/13 06:09 AM
S
stern49 Offline OP
Underboss
stern49  Offline OP
S
Underboss
That's very great info Toodoped! Thanks and I absolutely don't believe The Oswald Crowd.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752415
12/09/13 02:06 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Okay,let me get this straight. In addition to the three shots that Oswald fired,we have Roselli,Nicoletti,Files,maybe Harrelson,Frattiano,and who knows who else all possibly firing at JFK. That means that all of these top Mafia hitmen fired a shitload of bullets while magically not hitting anything. No damage to the limo,no extra wounds to the arms,legs,face,or body of any of the victims beyond what three shots would account for.

My uncle john told me in Denny's last week that he was present when Roselli and Giancana laid out the assassination plot during a Three Stooges Film Festival. I submit this as proof equal to all of the other proof that "the Mafia" was involved.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752416
East Boston
Bennie_The_Ball Offline
Button
Bennie_The_Ball  Offline
Button
East Boston
Originally Posted By: stern49

John Roselli Could Have Been Involved

There's information that Bill Bonanno wrote about that says a Chicago mobster who was based in the L.A. area named John Roselli was one of the men involved in the JFK assassination. He said he shot Kennedy from a storm drain in Dallas. In 1975, Roselli testified at a special hearing of the Senate Intelligence Committee five days after the Chicago Outfit acting boss Sam Giancana was killed in his home. Giancana was also subpoenaed, but his death prevented his testimony. There was a lot of speculation that he was killed because certain people in the underworld and CIA didn't want somebody snitching them out about their involvement in Operation Mongoose or the murder of JFK.

After Roselli's CIA testimony, his lawyer wanted him to get a bodyguard, but Roselli laughed at him. He had done many things for LCN and felt he was safe going into retirement in Plantation, Florida. He said "Who would want to kill an old man like me?" On August 9, 1976 Roselli's body was found in a 55-gallon oil drum. Holes were punched in the drum and heavy chains coiled around it to weigh it down, and the drum was dumped into Florida waters. The idea was to make the drum stay down indefinitely, but gases caused by the decomposing body brought the drum to the surface.

Roselli was definitely involved in it. There's a former Chicago Outfit associate named James Files who stated in a 1994 interview that he was the "grassy knoll shooter" and Roselli was the "storm drain shooter." Files is a prisoner at the Stateville Correctional Center in Crest Hill, Illinois. He has been interviewed by others and discussed in various books pertaining to the assassination and related conspiracy theories. Files also said a Chicago Outfit soldier named Charles Nicoletti was with them.

LBJ was angry with JFK for wanting to pull out of Vietnam and many believe he was one of the main guys involved in it. Arlen Specter who claimed it was a Magic Bullet that killed Kennedy either knew something about it or was involved. That's why he tried fooling us with it being a magic bullet. There were also some racist politicians in the south who were very mad with Kennedy. Anti-Castro Cubans were angry at him as well. The government, American mob, Anti-Castro Cubans and Southern politicians were all together on it.

Many people believe the Oswald story. He was involved for sure, but I believe that he was just the fall guy like he said. That's why he was murdered by Jack Ruby, it was to prevent him from snitching. They say the New Orleans crime family, Dallas crime family, Trafficante crime family and Chicago Outfit were all the LCN organizations that were involved in the assassination.

Another thread on JR

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...0941#Post710941

Colin Sullivan: "What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis."

Cincotti said: "They don't have the scruples that we have." Zannino agreed. "You know how I knew they weren't Italiano? When they bombed the fucking house. We don't do that."
Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: Lou_Para] #752419
12/09/13 02:14 PM
12/09/13 02:14 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
My uncle john told me in Denny's last week that he was present when Roselli and Giancana laid out the assassination plot during a Three Stooges Film Festival. I submit this as proof equal to all of the other proof that "the Mafia" was involved.

Good for you. wink

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752424
12/09/13 02:29 PM
12/09/13 02:29 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Gus Russo maintained that while the Outfit was apparently instrumental in getting JFK elected by swinging Illinois, and they definitely had their strings crossed, including with the Marilyn Monroe thing, they were absolutely not involved in the assasination.

Which makes it odd that he used Double Cross as a source, then, because that is the premise of the whole book.

I can't remember exactly what Russo said but I think it went something like this: The Outfit helped JFK get elected, then the Kennedys f**ked over the Outfit. Robert Kennedy started coming down on organized crime like a ton of bricks and didn't care about whatever deal they'd struck. That sent Giancana into a white hot rage but, at the same time, he didn't do anything about it, least of all have Kennedy killed, as that would have brought untold heat on them, enough heat to potentially destroy the entire thing.

Recently, from what I can tell, most researchers, and I mean the people who have basically devoted their lives to the JFK assisination and are regarded as the world authority, have come to the conclusion that Oswald acted alone.

And, to contradict Russo, I think someone (Binder?) came out with a paper or an academic article that purported to definitively show that the mob never swung Illinois for JFK.

I didn't read it because that is a whole other level of nerdiness that I generally do not partake of.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752425
12/09/13 02:32 PM
12/09/13 02:32 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
Here an article about Giancana and Roselli.

You will probably have to cut and paste.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=oTIcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=YH0EAAAAIBAJ&pg=5349,1055551&dq=sam+giancana&hl=en

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752430
12/09/13 02:37 PM
12/09/13 02:37 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
Another one on Roselli.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1908&dat=19760901&id=MJQfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=X9QEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2795,3868631

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752444
12/09/13 03:16 PM
12/09/13 03:16 PM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
United States Military killed JFK and nobody else, anyone who thinks the mob or anti castro cubans did it are falling for misinformation plots of JFK HIT.

J edgar hoover, fbi.

Lyndon B. Johnson.

Allen dulles, cia.

Cord Meyer, cia.

There was up to 5 plots to kill JFK 4 were deception plots to take the heat off the people who really did the JFK hit the four names i put up are on my top 10 list and the office of naval intelligence had a BIG part in the plot.

4 were deception plots.

new orleans gang.

anti castro cubans.

the mob.

Fidel Castro or communists.

J edgar hoover, fbi send a letter to office of naval intelligence
within 24 hours of the JFK hit saying LHO done it on his own with no outside help. wink wink.

LHO was part of office of naval intelligence in Japan.

LHO tax returns are still 50 years later still top secret, why is that ?????

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752447
12/09/13 03:21 PM
12/09/13 03:21 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
On one of the shows i watched last month Joseph Califano who worked in the LBJ Administration said up to the day he died LBJ believed Castro was behind the assassination. Basically he told Califano that JFK wanted Castro killed but Castro beat him to the punch.

Personally i don't believe that at all, but that is what Joseph Califano said.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752450
12/09/13 03:26 PM
12/09/13 03:26 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
This is an endless convo but i gotta say that i find Ralph Salerno's statement to be pretty realistic:

In November 1963, the national mafia commission and a number of major mob leaders were clearly threatened by dissension, enmity and treachery and the strongest effort as yet mounted against organized crime.

La Cosa Nostra had a strong motive for taking drastic action. Yet it is extremely unlikely that it would have considered such a major and dangerous act as assassinating the President, or, if it had, it would not have come to light. Thus there is a strange dichotomy. It also appears that most of the leaders were too preoccupied with personal problems to undertake such a venture on their own. Nor does the information developed by law enforcement agencies reveal any indication that any were planning or involved in such an endeavor.

An open question remains.

The question is still open, however, with respect to two individuals. Unfortunately, there is a substantial disparity in the quantity and quality of the FBI and other law enforcement intelligence efforts for Carlos Marcello of New Orleans and Santos Trafficante of Florida. Neither was subject to a direct electronic surveillance by the FBI in the time period of this study.

On February 15, 1963, the Director indicated disappointment memorandum which called for a "special effort" by the New Orleans office. In the latter part of 1963, Director Hoover ordered the compilation of reports on La Cosa Nostra from the major offices; these were to reach the Bureau and the New York City office (where the semiannual summary was prepared) by December 15, 1963. The memorandum reads in part:
Some cities have blind spots about La Cosa Nostra. It is well to note that we have experienced situations in which certain offices took the position that La Cosa Nostra did not exist in their respective territories, only to learn at a later date that this organization, with its typical family structure, is in fact in existence in the area and has been many years.

Dallas was another area in which the FBI was far less active against La Cosa Nostra. Although Joseph Francis Civello, a "counselor to the Italian community at large" according to the FBI, attended the Apalachin meeting in 1957, the Crime Condition Report filed by the Dallas field office for the period ending February 26, 1962, stated, "There is no evidence of illegal activity by Joseph Francis Civello." This same report concluded that "Texas is not a place where the Mafia has the kind of control it has elsewhere." Dallas also did not have in operation any electronic surveillance in 1963.

It is evident the Kennedy administration launched the strongest Federal effort ever against organized crime. Leaders and members of La Cosa Nostra were clearly concerned by it and blamed the President to some extent, but most definitely his brother, Atty. Gert. Robert F. Kennedy. It was also clear that organized crime would have benefitted from the assassination of John F. Kennedy and the changes it would bring in Government policy and officials. Nevertheless, it is extremely unlikely that the national commission of La Cosa Nostra was involved in any plan to kill the President. It was facing strong internal dissension and other problems and does not appear to have been in a position to undertake such a major act.

A review of the history of La Cosa Nostra in the United States reveals, moreover, no precedent for the assassination of a President. In fact, he is among several categories of people against whom organized crime traditionally has not committed acts of violence. Nor does the method of the assassination conform to the traditional pattern of organized crime murders-- it involved people who were not members of La Cosa Nostra, one of whom was unstable, it does not seem to have had any authorization from any leader, it was conducted without the usual precautions that protect the assassin from being apprehended, and the murder weapon was atypical. Nevertheless, there have been exceptions to the traditional pattern and the Kennedy assassination has parallels to these exceptions. Thus involvement by individual members of organized crime cannot be precluded.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752452
12/09/13 03:30 PM
12/09/13 03:30 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
TooDoped....Salerno was on one of the shows i watched too. He said he didn't believe the mob had anything to do with the assassination and he disagreed with Blakey even though he was part of Blakey's staff that looked into the murder.

Just for the record i'm one of those nuts who believe it was all Oswald....but what do i know.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: Giancarlo] #752455
12/09/13 03:42 PM
12/09/13 03:42 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
TooDoped....Salerno was on one of the shows i watched too. He said he didn't believe the mob had anything to do with the assassination and he disagreed with Blakey even though he was part of Blakey's staff that looked into the murder.

Just for the record i'm one of those nuts who believe it was all Oswald....but what do i know.

Ive read some of Salerno's comments and statements on the JFK hit and i gotta say that he rejects the mob involvment but always keeps and open mind on that matter.

Im not playin smartass but as for the record im with the CIA/Mafia plot.Thats just my opinion but as you said before,what do i know.

As for the ttopic...i always find an interesting detail in many mafia wiretapes on the JFK hit.They always use the word "they".For example:

On August 13, 1964, Russell Bufalino,a Pennsylvania mob leader, was complaining that someone was unable to do him a favor, and commented: "The Kennedys are responsible for all my troubles. They killed the good one [John Kennedy]. They should have killed the other little guy [Robert Kennedy].

Im thinking...the CIA or Santo or Carlos?!Who knows?!

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752457
12/09/13 03:49 PM
12/09/13 03:49 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
He was mostly talking about Ruby and he said he didn't think the mob was behind Ruby's murder of LHO.

It's a crazy case...there was so much going on back then in the world that they didn't want to become public info.

Who really knows what happened....i doubt people will ever truly be convinced it was only Oswald and for all i know maybe it wasn't.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: Giancarlo] #752458
12/09/13 03:54 PM
12/09/13 03:54 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
It's a crazy case...there was so much going on back then in the world that they didn't want to become public info.

Who really knows what happened....i doubt people will ever truely be convinced it was only Oswald and for all i know maybe it wasn't.

Nicely said.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: Toodoped] #752511
12/09/13 09:11 PM
12/09/13 09:11 PM
S
stern49 Offline OP
Underboss
stern49  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Great posts guys. It's an interesting topic. If Oswald did shoot Kennedy he did it from the book Depository and he was not the only shooter. There's proof of that. People saw gun smoke and heard shots from The Grassy Knoll and from near The Storm Drain. If you look at the footage you'll notice people running to The Grassy Knoll.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752527
12/09/13 11:56 PM
12/09/13 11:56 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Great posts guys. It's an interesting topic. If Oswald did shoot Kennedy he did it from the book Depository and he was not the only shooter. There's proof of that. People saw gun smoke and heard shots from The Grassy Knoll and from near The Storm Drain. If you look at the footage you'll notice people running to The Grassy Knoll.
The "rush" to the knoll actually occurred over a minute after the shots, and was triggered by a Dallas motorcycle policeman in the parade, Clyde Haygood, who had no firsthand knowledge of the shot direction. Officer Haygood was a block away when he heard the first of three shots. After racing to Elm Street, he stopped just pass the fallen Newman family, parked his cycle, and ran up to confer with a policemen he saw on the railbridge. Only then did people start running up after him, falsely thinking he was after a culprit.

Also, anyone who saw a puff of smoke from the Knoll is either mistaken or lying.

1)No modern rifle produces enough smoke to produce a visible "puff". In fact when Oliver Stone needed to recreate the smoke in the JFK comedy,he had to have an off camera assistant use a bellows to produce it.

2)Even "if" there was some smoke,the wind conditions present in the Plaza on that day would have instantly dispersed it.
Not to beat a dead horse,but there is no evidence of a second shooter. None,zero,zilch,nada. Every piece of physical evidence points to one (and only one) shooter.

Any one can relate second hand hearsay years after the fact and create an unsupportable hypothesis. Show me one piece of evidence,such as fingerprints,mail order forms,fake ID's,a rifle,a positive paraffin test,a revolver,etc,that came from anyone besides Oswald.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: Lou_Para] #752536
12/10/13 03:11 AM
12/10/13 03:11 AM
S
stern49 Offline OP
Underboss
stern49  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Some did say they saw gun smoke and most likely were lying, but many ran to the knoll and you can see it on film.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752538
12/10/13 03:39 AM
12/10/13 03:39 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Some did say they saw gun smoke and most likely were lying, but many ran to the knoll and you can see it on film.
No one has disputed that some people did run to the Grassy Knoll. The footage clearly shows Officer Haygood running up the hill after the shots were fired. Haygood's own statement is that he ran up to where another officer was in order to talk to him to see if he had any idea of what had just happened.Some folks in the crowd see this and run after him. Other people see this and they start to run up as well. It's a natural "follow the leader" response.
The point is that no one ran up in response to shots being fired,they ran up so they wouldn't miss anything in case the cop had found something or someone.

What is often left out is that a lot of people didn't run to the Knoll.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752549
12/10/13 06:27 AM
12/10/13 06:27 AM
T
Thaddeus Offline
Wiseguy
Thaddeus  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Giancarlo good to know u believe it was all Oswald too. I believed in the conspiracy theories when i saw JFK but then again i was fucking twelve years old when JFK came out. Great movie IMO, but as fictional as Alice in fuckin wonderland. One day i happened acrossa book titled Case Closed and it just made such perfect sense. Call me crazy but I'm pretty certain Oswald shot JFK and shot him alone. I have to admit there was definitely some strange shit going on with Oswald though so who the fuck knows.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752550
12/10/13 06:30 AM
12/10/13 06:30 AM
T
Thaddeus Offline
Wiseguy
Thaddeus  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Wasn't the storm drain shooter theory disproved by national geographic?

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: Thaddeus] #752552
12/10/13 06:45 AM
12/10/13 06:45 AM
S
stern49 Offline OP
Underboss
stern49  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Thaddeus, there's wayyyyyyy too many coincidences for Oswald to have done it alone and what about all those witnesses murdered? There's no way he killed him by himself. I think people like you just want to believe that it was one shooter because it's too complicated and easier just to say it's Oswald.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: jonnynonos] #752559
12/10/13 07:43 AM
12/10/13 07:43 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
Recently, from what I can tell, most researchers, and I mean the people who have basically devoted their lives to the JFK assisination and are regarded as the world authority, have come to the conclusion that Oswald acted alone.

From what I can tell there have been a few researchers who changed their minds, but most of them still maintain their opinion. My own view on those who decided to believe in the lone nut theory is that they did so only because they couldn't find a conclusive answer after years of study, and so they chose to believe in Oswald out of convenience.

The main reason why I believe in a conspiracy to at least some degree is that there are just too many freak coincidences. David Ferrie's connections to Oswald and Carlos Marcello, Oswald's uncle working for Marcello, Oswald's connection to the CIA, Jack Ruby's connections to Marcello, Oswald's connections to anti-Castro groups and their connections to the CIA and Marcello, etc. Most of these connections are established facts and simply cannot be ignored.

If Oswald really did act alone, it must be a one of the most extraordinary coincidental chain of events in history.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752566
12/10/13 09:12 AM
12/10/13 09:12 AM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FGW0NueEDwM/TsIQl6NhGII/AAAAAAAAVaE/_097EmQqQeQ/s1600/Ferrie%2BOswald.jpg

david ferrie lee oswald in photo.

Ferrie denied any involvement in a conspiracy and claimed never to have met Oswald.[2] Decades later, photos emerged establishing that Ferrie had been in the same Civil Air Patrol unit as Oswald in the 1950s.

Last edited by abc123; 12/10/13 09:15 AM.
Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: abc123] #752569
12/10/13 09:34 AM
12/10/13 09:34 AM
S
stern49 Offline OP
Underboss
stern49  Offline OP
S
Underboss
Right on Sonny Black. Agreed!!!!!

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752573
12/10/13 09:56 AM
12/10/13 09:56 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
The two parts that make it hard to believe Oswald acted alone:

1) The head shot, which appeared to come from the front

2) The volume of fire - Oswald was an average shot and to get (at the least) three shots off at that distance (two of which could be perceived as mortal) in such a short time span with such a clumsy rifle seems pretty extraordinary.

As it stands, the proof isn't overwhelming for either case and I have always thought Oswald didn't act alone, although I have never fully believed that it was some far-reaching conspiracy either.

Last edited by Snakes; 12/10/13 09:57 AM.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752611
12/10/13 11:49 AM
12/10/13 11:49 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Thaddeus, there's wayyyyyyy too many coincidences for Oswald to have done it alone and what about all those witnesses murdered? There's no way he killed him by himself. I think people like you just want to believe that it was one shooter because it's too complicated and easier just to say it's Oswald.
I also believe that Oswald was a lone gunman.When you say people like us believe because it's easier ,I would disagree and say it's easier to just repeat what you are told instead of actually putting some effort into research.
I'm not trying to change your mind but at least check out this link http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/deaths.htm
It goes into great detail about the so-called astronomical co-incidences of witness deaths that you had referred to.

Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: stern49] #752622
12/10/13 12:11 PM
12/10/13 12:11 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
That's a nice link that does a good job of disputing the "huge conspiracy" theory that many people espouse. Again, I believe it's plausible that he acted in concert with another party but the belief that the government and hundreds of people were in on it seems unrealistic to me.

And I may be biased, but the mafia always seemed to be the most realistic of those accused of acting in concert with Oswald. Those involved would keep silent and Oswald, who lost his usefulness after the shooting, was murdered by mob associate Jack Ruby. Those who wonder why they would trust the killing of Oswald to a nobody like Ruby need to remember that the mob would never offer up one of their own in such a "sacrificial lamb" situation. Perhaps the mob offered to help Ruby out with his debt if he rubbed out Oswald.

But like I said earlier, with no hard proof all of this can only be seen as conjecture or theory.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: John Roselli Was Involved In The JFK Assassina [Re: Lou_Para] #752629
12/10/13 01:07 PM
12/10/13 01:07 PM
H
ht2 Offline
Capo
ht2  Offline
H
Capo

Also, anyone who saw a puff of smoke from the Knoll is either mistaken or lying.

1)No modern rifle produces enough smoke to produce a visible "puff". In fact when Oliver Stone needed to recreate the smoke in the JFK comedy,he had to have an off camera assistant use a bellows to produce it.

Agreed, it would take Civil War cannon or a 200yr old musket to generate that kind of smoke.

2)Even "if" there was some smoke,the wind conditions present in the Plaza on that day would have instantly dispersed it.
Not to beat a dead horse,but there is no evidence of a second shooter. None,zero,zilch,nada. Every piece of physical evidence points to one (and only one) shooter.

One thing I noticed is conspiracy theorists ignore key witnesses. There were at least 3 witnesses who saw a man with rifle on the 6th floor and alerted cops to the building. After a roll call by supervisor, LHO is missing. He is later found in a theater with a handgun (same caliber which killed Officer Tippit) and takes a swing at the cop. If LHO was innocent or framed, he sure didn't help himself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull