GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 192 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,819
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,220
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751626
12/05/13 01:37 AM
12/05/13 01:37 AM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
That is why I said "conjecture." As I've said before there is not much to talk about.

If people don't want to shoot the shit they don't have to.

These posts aren't going in the Chicago Tribune.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751678
12/05/13 01:19 PM
12/05/13 01:19 PM
Chicagoland
SgWaue86 Offline
Capo
SgWaue86  Offline
Capo
Chicagoland
Who has a bizarre agenda? We all know that crime exists in Chicago and undoubtedly some may be tied to the remnants of the outfit, however the level of activity you try and tie to them is laughable.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751681
12/05/13 01:46 PM
12/05/13 01:46 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
I think he's implying I go out of my way to diminish the stature of the Outfit, whereas in reality I am just reacting, as you note, to people like him, who tend to chronically overestimate it.

Anyone who thinks what remains of today's Outfit even remotely resembles the frighteningly powerful organization it was in the past needs to learn more about the glory days. Here is one tiny example:

In the past they outright dominated countless unions.

Today a moron like Rudy Fratto will get busted trying to pull some half ass scheme at McCormick and people will say "They still have the unions."

Yes, they likely have a very small amount of influence in a few unions, but that is absolutely nothing like having the Teamsters in your pocket.

It's obvious to anyone who's not living in a complete fantasy.

But, as they say, a man with a hammer...

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #751688
12/05/13 03:16 PM
12/05/13 03:16 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Yes, Paul Carparelli is made (regarding another silly "debate" going on in another topic). He had a crew of soldiers answering to him, and he himself was reporting to a capo. That's a made guy.

A made guy is somebody who has gone through the formal making ceremony. If Carparelli hasn't done that, and I haven't seen anything one way or the other, he's not made. Yes, there may have been guys in Chicago in the distant past who had made status despite never going through the ceremony. And Previte in Philly was recognized as made despite never going through the ceremony. But I've seen nothing that suggests Carparelli is in this situation.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751689
12/05/13 03:17 PM
12/05/13 03:17 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
What is so "half assed" about Rudy's scheme exactly? Bid rigging is major money. Not sure why you keep saying that...the bid Rudy was pinched on was a six figure bid and if you think that was the first and only bid he had rigged there, you are nuts. These guys pull in millions with bid rigging...the Daddono family controls all of the contracts for the trade show kiosks in Rosemont and McCormick Place and Billy D still kicks up to DiFronzo.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: IvyLeague] #751690
12/05/13 03:18 PM
12/05/13 03:18 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Yes, Paul Carparelli is made (regarding another silly "debate" going on in another topic). He had a crew of soldiers answering to him, and he himself was reporting to a capo. That's a made guy.

A made guy is somebody who has gone through the formal making ceremony. If Carparelli hasn't done that, and I haven't seen anything one way or the other, he's not made. Yes, there may have been guys in Chicago in the distant past who had made status despite never going through the ceremony. And Previte in Philly was recognized as made despite never going through the ceremony. But I've seen nothing that suggests Carparelli is in this situation.

Well if you haven't seen it, it certainly doesn't exist. whistle

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751697
12/05/13 03:35 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
I also don't understand why anyone would assume Carparelli is made.

The insinuation from HSAC is that he has some privileged information, which is highly doubtful.

I don't think most of these guys even tell their friends that they are "made guys" in the mob.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: ChiTown] #751698
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: ChiTown

I simply prefer to wait for some kind of official verification. Not guys like you and Huron just pretending like you know what's going on.

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos

The insinuation from HSAC is that he has some privileged information, which is highly doubtful.

I don't think most of these guys even tell their friends that they are "made guys" in the mob.

Didn't you know, jonny, if somebody is Italian and they're from Chicago, they just naturally know what's going on in the inner workings of the Outfit. whistle

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/05/13 03:36 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: ChiTown] #751699
12/05/13 03:37 PM
12/05/13 03:37 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
What is so "half assed" about Rudy's scheme exactly? Bid rigging is major money. Not sure why you keep saying that...the bid Rudy was pinched on was a six figure bid and if you think that was the first and only bid he had rigged there, you are nuts. These guys pull in millions with bid rigging...the Daddono family controls all of the contracts for the trade show kiosks in Rosemont and McCormick Place and Billy D still kicks up to DiFronzo.

Because compared to doing what they used to do, like raising the price of dry cleaning or milk for the entire city via the unions, or controlling the music industry via jukeboxes, or Hollywood through the projectors and ushers unions, it is extremely small potatoes.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: IvyLeague] #751700
12/05/13 03:40 PM
12/05/13 03:40 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss

I simply prefer to wait for some kind of official verification. Not guys like you and Huron just pretending like you know what's going on.

Didn't you know, jonny, if somebody is Italian and they're from Chicago, they just naturally know what's going on in the inner workings of the Outfit. whistle

LOL. Particularly if one has been to the Burger Baron or Richard's Bar.

The guys get a few beers in em... and hell... it just starts rolling out!

I think that's how they busted Calabrese: Drunkenly bragging to strangers and acquantinces over a few cold ones about all of his hits.

I personally like to hang out at Bobby Abbinati's place and cozy up to the bar with DiFronzo, he is always good for some inside information, all you need to is look like you'll keep quiet and buy him a cup of coffee.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: IvyLeague] #751702
12/05/13 03:43 PM
12/05/13 03:43 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss

lol I never said Carpelli was made. I don't think he is personally. But as we all know Ivy (Jared)...you enforce YOUR preferences ruthlessly on these forums. Right now you are dictating who is made and who isn't based on YOUR preference.

At what point will you start demanding people on this forum start giving up alcohol and blowjobs to confirm with your other Utah preferences?

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: ChiTown] #751708
12/05/13 03:51 PM
12/05/13 03:51 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

lol I never said Carpelli was made. I don't think he is personally. But as we all know Ivy (Jared)...you enforce YOUR preferences ruthlessly on these forums. Right now you are dictating who is made and who isn't based on YOUR preference.

What the hell are you talking about? I never said he was made or not made. I said I hadn't seen anything official one way or the other. What I didn't agree with is Huron claiming he's made with zilch to back it up. This has nothing to do with "my" preference. We all know the criteria for a made guy. Once again, you're just trying to make an issue out of nothing because you can't let past squabbles go.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: IvyLeague] #751712
12/05/13 03:56 PM
12/05/13 03:56 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss

What the hell are you talking about? I never said he was made or not made. I said I hadn't seen anything official one way or the other. What I didn't agree with is Huron claiming he's made with zilch to back it up. This has nothing to do with "my" preference. We all know the criteria for a made guy. Once again, you're just trying to make an issue out of nothing because you can't let past squabbles go.

lol now you call it a "squabble" what happened to calling it a "beef" like you did last week? No more Salt Lake City street slang? lol

How many people on this forum do you estimate actually care what you do and don't agree with? I'm trying to get a sense of just how important you think you really are...

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: ChiTown] #751714
12/05/13 04:02 PM
12/05/13 04:02 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

lol now you call it a "squabble" what happened to calling it a "beef" like you did last week? No more Salt Lake City street slang? lol

How many people on this forum do you estimate actually care what you do and don't agree with? I'm trying to get a sense of just how important you think you really are...

No, you're simply still butt-hurt because I pegged you for the bullshitter you've always been a long time ago. And you just can't let it go. Which is why you keep bringing up my name, Utah, and other personal things that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. In fact, you're simply hijacking another thread like you did not long ago. Notice how you didn't even reply to the Carparelli issue. You really don't care about that. Just taking shots at me.

The mods need to do everyone here a favor and send you and cookcounty packing. You Chicago posters continue to live up to the reputation of being the biggest pains in the asses on these forums.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/05/13 04:04 PM.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751719
12/05/13 04:14 PM
12/05/13 04:14 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Pleading agnosticism on an issue is the polar opposite of making an unsubstantiataed claim. Obviously.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: jonnynonos] #751722
12/05/13 04:23 PM
12/05/13 04:23 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Pleading agnosticism on an issue is the polar opposite of making an unsubstantiataed claim. Obviously.

The problem always comes from people passing off their speculation as fact or inside information.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: IvyLeague] #751723
12/05/13 04:26 PM
12/05/13 04:26 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss

No, you're simply still butt-hurt because I pegged you for the bullshitter you've always been a long time ago. And you just can't let it go. Which is why you keep bringing up my name, Utah, and other personal things that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. In fact, you're simply hijacking another thread like you did not long ago. Notice how you didn't even reply to the Carparelli issue. You really don't care about that. Just taking shots at me.

The mods need to do everyone here a favor and send you and cookcounty packing. You Chicago posters continue to live up to the reputation of being the biggest pains in the asses on these forums.

lol look at you going to the moderators...teacher, teacher!

Not sure that favors to you are favors to everyone as you enjoy declaring. I think the real favors to those on this forums are things like these--a photo of Albie Vena who most (including you Jared) have never seen in their life.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751725
12/05/13 04:29 PM
12/05/13 04:29 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Of course it does and, as I've mentioned before, people should at least make a vague claim as to where their source is.

I personally admit I know no one in the mob, nor would I want to.

If people really have some inside source just say "My cousin was a relatively well known made guy in the 80s" or "My best friend grew up with three gangsters you would know."

Fine. I'm sure there are people like that.

But when people are just conjecturing based off of the same news articles as everyone else and then adopting an authorative tone it is dishonest unless it is real.

Yes, if you drop hints constantly that you are part of the English Royal Family but never explictly state it, you are still full of sh*t.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: ChiTown] #751729
12/05/13 04:42 PM
12/05/13 04:42 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Not sure that favors to you are favors to everyone as you enjoy declaring. I think the real favors to those on this forums are things like these--a photo of Albie Vena who most (including you Jared) have never seen in their life.

I'm just sick of you highjacking one thread after another. It's why you were banned from the other forum and you're doing it again here.

Keep trying to get credibility by reminding people you're from Chicago and posting photos. It's never worked before and it never will.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: jonnynonos] #751730
12/05/13 04:44 PM
12/05/13 04:44 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Of course it does and, as I've mentioned before, people should at least make a vague claim as to where their source is.

I personally admit I know no one in the mob, nor would I want to.

If people really have some inside source just say "My cousin was a relatively well known made guy in the 80s" or "My best friend grew up with three gangsters you would know."

Fine. I'm sure there are people like that.

But when people are just conjecturing based off of the same news articles as everyone else and then adopting an authorative tone it is dishonest unless it is real.

Yes, if you drop hints constantly that you are part of the English Royal Family but never explictly state it, you are still full of sh*t.

That's just it. Even if some of these guys actually are related to somebody, it doesn't mean that somebody or anyone else makes them privy to mob business. Especially so they could turn right around and post about it on the internet. rolleyes lol

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751732
12/05/13 04:48 PM
12/05/13 04:48 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
one of the things that always gets me is that the chicago guys will claim on one hand how secretive the outfit is, while at the same time claiming all sorts of "inside knowledge" that "everybody" in and around town knows as fact. which one is it you dopes? lol

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Five_Felonies] #751734
12/05/13 04:53 PM
12/05/13 04:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
In any event this shit is getting old. I'm not a Chicago guy and I don't EVER pretend to know things about areas that I'm not personally familiar with, so I'd like to be able to read about Chicago here on the board. But for the most part, I don't even bother clicking on the Chicago threads because of nonsense like this. You guys have to stop because you're turning people off the board with your PERSONAL bullshit. Here's an idea: if you have a beef that started on another board, take this bullshit back there! rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: IvyLeague] #751738
12/05/13 05:06 PM
12/05/13 05:06 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss

I'm just sick of you highjacking one thread after another. It's why you were banned from the other forum and you're doing it again here.

Keep trying to get credibility by reminding people you're from Chicago and posting photos. It's never worked before and it never will.

Money says you just right clicked and saved that image and will wait a few months, then post it on another forum and hope everyone likes you again lol.

Jared each time you and I go at it, multiple people message me links to your Facebook profile. While I would never go that far, at a certain point I gotta ask myself--what type of dumbfuck would ever give personal information like that out to people? I also gotta ask-Jesus Christ, how many people on this thing absolutely despise you?

Last edited by ChiTown; 12/05/13 05:08 PM.
Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: jonnynonos] #751742
12/05/13 05:17 PM
12/05/13 05:17 PM
L
Louiebynochi Offline
Banned
Louiebynochi  Offline
Banned
L
Underboss
I think he's implying I go out of my way to diminish the stature of the Outfit, whereas in reality I am just reacting, as you note, to people like him, who tend to chronically overestimate it.

Anyone who thinks what remains of today's Outfit even remotely resembles the frighteningly powerful organization it was in the past needs to learn more about the glory days. Here is one tiny example:

In the past they outright dominated countless unions.

Today a moron like Rudy Fratto will get busted trying to pull some half ass scheme at McCormick and people will say "They still have the unions."

Yes, they likely have a very small amount of influence in a few unions, but that is absolutely nothing like having the Teamsters in your pocket.

It's obvious to anyone who's not living in a complete fantasy.

But, as they say, a man with a hammer...

Speaking of the teamsters........

Union Officials Influenced and Controlled by the Mob in the Teamsters Currently
1.James Glimco-Local 777 IBT President and Trustee of Joint Council 25 of the IBT
Son of Former Outfit Capo Joey Glimco.
2.John Coli- President of Joint Council 25 IBT and Secratary Treasure of Local 727 and  Member of Teamster National Executive Board and Vice President of Central Region IBT. Son of former Chicago LCN Soldier James Coli.
3. Dominick Romanazzi-President IBT Local 330. Confirmed Chicago LCN Associate by The FBI and the Chicago Crime Comission.
4.James M Hogan- President Local 714 IBT. Confirmed associate of the Chicago LCN by the FBI an the Chicago Crime Commission. Uncle of Mob associates James Hogan Jr and Brother of James Hogan Sr.

Thats 4 different current Teamster union presidents. The President and Trustee  of Joint Council 25 which oversees the pension fund of 28 combined Teamster locals and which represent more than 115,000 workers. Last but not least the Vice President of the Central Region of The United States for The Teamsters and a member of The National Executive Board.

A March 1986 raid on DiBernardo's office seized alleged "child pornography and financial records." As "a result of the Postal Inspectors seizures [a federal prosecutor] is attempting to indict DiBernardo on child pornography violations" according to an FBI memo dated May 20, 1986.
Thousands of pages of FBI Files that document his involvement in Child Porn
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/star-distributors-ltd-46454/
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/0...s-Miporn-investigation-of/7758361252800/
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/1526052/united-states-v-dibernardo/
Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751745
12/05/13 05:35 PM
12/05/13 05:35 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Interesting, but it sort of proves my point.

1) How many locals are there?

2) There are 1.5 million Teamsters.

Even if they have their hooks in it at a local level, that is a lot different than dominating the whole thing.

Didn't the FBI drop an investigation into Teamster corruption a while based on lack of evidence?

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: jonnynonos] #751746
12/05/13 05:39 PM
12/05/13 05:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Even if they have their hooks in it at a local level, that is a lot different than dominating the whole thing.

Didn't the FBI drop an investigation into Teamster corruption a while based on lack of evidence?

Agreed, Jonny. And it's amazing that the midwest still has that much corruption in their Teamster locals. Because I worked for Local 813 for 25 years. I was a steward for ten years and a business agent for seven. And I'm telling you right now, it's next to impossible for the wiseguys to get a foothold in a NY Teamsters local today. The federal mandates and restrictions are absolutely overwhelming.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: jonnynonos] #751747
12/05/13 05:44 PM
12/05/13 05:44 PM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss

It also proves that since you didn't know this basic information Jonny, which was widely distributed by Stier, Malone and Anderson years ago, perhaps you shouldn't be making claims one way or another ? whistle

Do yourself a favor and take a read...none of the guys mentioned was ever indicted (a few have since died however):
http://www.ipsn.org/stier_anderson__malone_reports.htm

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: Geek899273] #751751
12/05/13 05:58 PM
12/05/13 05:58 PM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
So many Wikigangsters on this forum.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: pizzaboy] #751753
12/05/13 06:04 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Agreed, Jonny. And it's amazing that the midwest still has that much corruption in their Teamster locals. Because I worked for Local 813 for 25 years. I was a steward for ten years and a business agent for seven. And I'm telling you right now, it's next to impossible for the wiseguys to get a foothold in a NY Teamsters local today. The federal mandates and restrictions are absolutely overwhelming.

I am not surprised at all.

I know people have said some asinine things about their current national leadership, but from my experience I would have an extremely hard time believing it is corrupted by organized crime from the top down.

Re: Carl Dote in the Sun-Times Dec. 1st [Re: ChiTown] #751754
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss

It also proves that since you didn't know this basic information Jonny, which was widely distributed by Stier, Malone and Anderson years ago, perhaps you shouldn't be making claims one way or another ? whistle

Do yourself a favor and take a read...none of the guys mentioned was ever indicted (a few have since died however):
http://www.ipsn.org/stier_anderson__malone_reports.htm

Apparently I missed one of the millions of articles on the Outfit published over the last decade.

Uh.... "you got me" I guess.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull