GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,212
Posts1,056,141
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. #705458
03/23/13 11:26 PM
03/23/13 11:26 PM
New York City
E
EVL Offline OP
Wiseguy
EVL  Offline OP
E
Wiseguy
New York City
I just wrote a story for my blog in which I interviewed the daughters of "Wild Bill" Cutolo. I thought I'd link to it, but also post it right here, to make it easier for you to read (the pics are exclusive, too, but didn't show up here after my cut and paste; you'd have to go to the blog to see the pics: http://cosa-nostra-news.blogspot.com/2013/03/billy-cutolo-jr-sure-can-talk-talk.html - I bet none of you ever saw a real live Mafia capo letting his hair down in Disney World!)

Billy Cutolo Jr. Sure Can Talk the Talk...

[i]Cosa Nostra News Exclusive[i]

Thanks to the American public's ongoing obsession with La Cosa Nostra – duly noted by the constant airing of shows like Mob Wives, I Married a Mobster, Mobsters, Bill Kurtis, Biography and even National Geographic (as well as the increasingly competitive blog landscape) – those formerly connected to “the life” but now out can still find ways to earn off the mob, lending their insight and perspective to the aforementioned television shows, as well as consulting with filmmakers (lot of money there).

The types of people who make money off mob involvement, and their reasons for doing so, are as varied as the people doing it. As the great French filmmaker Jean Renoir famously said: "Everybody has their reasons" -- and those in the audience can react however they like, spanning the full range of emotion, from incredulity to apathy.

I only have a problem when these "talking heads" don't make their best effort to tell the truth. As I noted in a previous post, television shows don't always give the backgrounds of their sources -- whether they are on or off screen. Case in point: Big Sal Miciotta, who can be seen on a few of these shows, as well as in newspaper editorials. It turns out that Big Sal was an informant who spoiled his deal by lying on the witness stand; he is unable to ever testify during any trial but can say whatever he wants to the media.

If no one is around to refute them, some of these people may decide to reinvent themselves by describing their past actions in a different light, maybe casting themselves as more heroic, tougher, more Cosa Nostra, than they really were. If this be the case, these "former mobsters" (or their "wives," "girlfriends," "lovers," etc.) have the power to literally rewrite the past and transform themselves into the person they wish they had been.

This would certainly seem to be the case when it comes to Billy Cutolo Jr., son of former Colombo underboss William "Wild Bill" Cutolo, according to Billy's sisters.

I have written extensively about Wild Bill, and his daughters Barbara Jean (or BJ) and Christina Cutolo have spent hours with me discussing their father and his life in the Colombo family.

In a nutshell: Wild Bill was a Brooklyn-born wiseguy who became a major player in the Colombo family during the civil war of the early 1990s; he later would be promoted to underboss of the Colombo family, but it was a set-up for him to be whacked. Outside "the life," Cutolo was named “Man of the Year” in 1988 by the National Leukemia Association for his charity work, and it also was typical of him to visit children’s hospitals dressed as Santa Claus.

The Cutolo sisters and I also discussed their brother Billy Jr., which is when they first told me how, fueled by a hyper-ego and love of money, he was attempting to lie his way through various television shows to make himself appear to be a tougher and more involved gangster -- acting like he knew more than he did, while conveniently forgetting elements of his past to allow for the creation of this enhanced version of himself.

I don't know Billy Jr., so this is not firsthand info; rather, it is from his sisters, as noted, who loved their father dearly and were very closely associated with private Cutolo family events to which no one else is privy. Having a forum to expose their brother is very cathartic for them on a personal level, they have told me.

"Billy likes to portray himself as my father's right hand man," said Christina -- also known as "Cricky," the nickname her father lovingly bestowed upon her. "But he never had anything to do with my father’s business dealings. He was never made and was always kept out of the loop. This is why he hated Big Dom so much; he was jealous of him and his relationship with my father and the opportunity he was given to earn.” (Big Dom was an associate connected to Wild Bill's crew back in the day.)

"He even says at one point said that my father gave him a gun – that never happened."

"My father didn’t want that life for my brother," Cricky added. "The only reasons my brother is doing this is because he wants money and his 15 minutes."

And if Wild Bill had gone on to live 100 years, his son still would never have been made, Cricky added. "My father said that to more than one person on many occasions. He even told my mother: 'Your son doesn't belong in this life and I'll never allow it.'"

Bill Jr. has told the story of how he grew even closer to his father when his father got out of jail having won a trial having to do with the early 1990s Colombo family war. But, according to the Cutolo sisters, his story is just that: a story.

“When our father came home from prison after winning his case, my brother was disappointed because he knew our father would soon find out all that his son had been up to, like stealing from him by taking any monies that were collected on my father’s behalf," BJ said.

“He also tried paying off an associate of my father’s with counterfeit money because he [Billy Jr.] lost the actual money gambling.

“He lived the high life with his then-girlfriend, on my father’s dime. My father actually disowned my brother one week after he returned home from prison. In fact, [my father] had to be subdued or he would have carried out his threat to kill him. Billy Boy ran away and spent a week in the Caribbean hiding out. He returned and my father shunned him.

“He wasn’t allowed near the club or anyone my father had anything to do with. It remained that way for over five months, until my brother got married, and slowly, my father began to talk to him – but he never trusted him again, a point he made known.”

It’s not like Wild Bill didn’t give his son a chance. In fact, he had given Bill Jr. some simple tasks to handle for him while he was cooling his heels in the can during his trial, the sisters said.

"Billy was going and picking up things at a couple of places for my father," BJ said. "He never turned over whatever he was supposed to; things never went where they were supposed to."

"He'd use my father's name all the time, and he expected things for it. After a while people began resenting him – he made a lot of enemies."

Cricky said: "When my father disappeared, [Billy Jr.] knew he had nowhere to turn; he had nothing but enemies."

One time, Billy Jr. was supposed to pick up some money from a jeweler for his father. Billy told the man he wanted an engagement ring, and that the jeweler should take the cost of the ring out of the amount owed to Wild Bill. [The jeweler must've been shaking over this one; he had to have known what likely could happen, given this is Wild Bill's green we are talking about here.]

Later, when Wild Bill was out of prison he discovered a discrepancy in the "amount" the jeweler had turned over to Billy Jr. Wild Bill wasn't very happy.

"Billy watched the jeweler get beaten – he lied about the money and didn’t admit to the engagement ring," BJ said.

Billy Jr., as I write these very words, is talking on my television set in an episode of Mobsters about Carmine "The Snake" Persico, the main man responsible for killing Wild Bill.

He also made a notable appearance in the debut episode of the short-lived Discovery channel series called “Mobster Confessions.” That first episode detailed the story of Bill Cutolo Jr.’s efforts to nail the Colombo family members who had whacked his father.

But according to the Cutolo daughters, not one word of what he said was actually true.

Billy’s first sentiment upon learning his father had been “disappeared” was to swear vengeance. “Three for my father,” he says he told Colombo mobster Jackie DeRoss after learning his father’s fate.

DeRoss, in response, gave Billy some time to cool off, then dropped by to see how the Cutolos were holding up. According to Billy, DeRoss offered with his condolences a veiled threat to the family.

Ultimately, Billy Jr. decided the best way to proceed was to not start whacking Persicos and other high-level Colombo mobsters. He said he found solace, and the right piece of advice, in some long-remembered words of his father, as I related in another story.

On TV, Billy Jr. said: "... let's face it, when it came to my father's disappearance, what [was my mother and sisters] gonna do about it?... They weren’t in the streets every day like me.

"I wanted to save them. I wanted to be the one that brought my father home... I knew I was the only person in a position to do anything. My knowledge of the players and how the game is played gave me the means to catch [the ones] responsible for my father’s death...."

To which BJ responded: "The only streets he 'was in' were the ones that he hung out on or that took him to the gym so he could get 'roided up and soil my father's good name. He couldn't save himself. He only cooperated to get himself out of an extortion charge, which he had gotten because he threatened a stockbroker for losing money that wasn't even his.

"He had overdrawn on an investment account that belonged to his wife's grandmother, and lost it all."

Added Cricky: "He caught no one. He lost his deal with the Marshall's office because of drug and alcohol abuse. He was even in a hospital for a while and underwent shock therapy.

"His testimony couldn't be used and the recordings he made [of Wild Bill's Mafia associates] couldn't be used to their full extent, either."

This apparently is a key reason why both DeRoss and Allie-Boy Persico had to be recharged; the district attorney, said BJ, "explained to me that if me and my mother didn't testify, [Allie Boy and Jackie] would have gotten off again. So we made sure my father's body was found. I myself physically claimed my father's remains and had a DNA test done to prove it was him. I am the reason my father is resting in peace and his remains are where my mother wants them."

The bottom line, the sisters said, is that Wild Bill never trusted his son, and in fact, was prone to saying that his daughters had more of his spark than anyone else in his bloodline.

With his father dead, Billy Jr. was more concerned about money, the sisters told me. Billy Jr. borrowed -- and then stole -- from his own mother, and eventually realized he was able to earn some more courtesy of shows like Mobsters.

One of Billy Jr.'s bolder moves, which I wrote of in a separate story, had to do with his accepting the apology offered by the man who actually pulled the trigger that ended his father's life. He certainly wasn't speaking for his entire family.

As the paper reported: "From the NY Daily News, a story you don't read very often in Mob Land.

"From deep within a federal prison, ex-Colombo hitman Joseph Competiello has sent an extraordinary apology to the family of a gangster he helped kill, the Daily News has learned.

"'As a young adult my actions are inexcusable and I am ready to accept responsibility for them for causing you pain over the loss of your loved one,” Competiello wrote in an email to relatives of slain capo William Cutolo.

"Perhaps even more stunning, Competiello’s apology was readily accepted by the dead man’s son.

"'I accepted his apology . . . If not for him, who knows if they would have found my dad,' Cutolo’s son, William Jr., told The News.

"'If [Competiello] didn’t do what he was told, he would’ve wound up in the hole with my father.'"

To which the sisters wrote me in response: "We don't forgive anyone that was involved in the murder of our father, and our brother's reaction is such a huge contradiction to everything that has happened up until now. In this life there is no forgiveness. Yes, people have to do things they may not agree with -- but those are your own demons, deal with them. Don't ask our family to ease your conscience because that's not going to happen.

"Billy apologized for the press and his own self-obsessed ego; that is what he's all about, getting press to help him make money because, God knows, he won't work for it."

To sum up, Billy wanted to capitalize on his last name, but knew that to do that, he needed to tell stories that portrayed him as a bloodthirsty, stone-cold gangster.

To his father's Don Corleone, he needed to be Michael, not Fredo. But Billy Jr. couldn't step into his father's shoes; BJ and Cricky had already filled them.

Last edited by EVL; 03/23/13 11:38 PM.
Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: EVL] #705464
03/24/13 01:58 AM
03/24/13 01:58 AM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
The girl seems more believable !!

Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: DiLorenzo] #705470
03/24/13 03:35 AM
03/24/13 03:35 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
I´m glad to see you back on here, EVL. I visit your blog from time to time and you always manage to do excellent pieces. This one included. Keep up the good work!

[Linked Image]
Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: EVL] #705472
03/24/13 03:45 AM
03/24/13 03:45 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

its sad day when tommy shots beats 6 murders and the son of persico does life for cutoolo life. tom shots beats his 6 murders+ cop. and college kids, let him free. billy jr is a liar his mother and sisters prove it. that guy Jackie deross is doing the fbi frame joe peter limone. people lying on the stand its sad, cause it could happen to you...

his pinyon maybe your father died for stealing who knows. but your sisters are crushing you, im not from bk so let the truth out. the kid who works for fbi shot your dad in his head. wtf. atleast Bruno's kid in springfield ma been making a shit storm not duckt or discoreory chanel.

Last edited by pmac; 03/24/13 03:54 AM.
Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: EVL] #705552
03/24/13 01:51 PM
03/24/13 01:51 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Great post !!

Although you got to wonder why a guys as street smart as Wild Bill would let himself get into a situation where he got whacked.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: EVL] #705559
03/24/13 02:02 PM
03/24/13 02:02 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Bill knew he was going to get whacked, see below:

""On the first day of the federal case against Persico, prosecutors quickly established a motive for the killing of Cutolo, whose body has never been found. Anthony Rotondo, a DeCavalcante capo turned government informer, told of numerous dealings and meetings he had with Wild Bill and his crew members before, during, and after the war.

Rotondo testified that he heard Cutolo refer to the elder Persico as a "rat" for admitting the existence of the Mafia during the historic 1985 Commission case. The witness also described Wild Bill as a Brooklyn-based "tough guy" who headed a murderous crew that killed several Persico loyalists during the 1990s conflict.

The Brooklyn-born Rotondo said his family followed the lead of late Gambino boss John Gotti and supported Cutolo's faction, headed by Victor "Little" Vic Orena. During the war, he said, he often met with Cutolo and others at various places in Brooklyn for news about the conflict and to stay abreast of several rackets his family shared with Cutolo and his crew.

Under questioning by Assistant U.S. Attorney Katya Jestin, he also related that Wild Bill had predicted his own demise in 1998 soon after he was elevated to underboss from capo and Rotondo saw him "strutting around like a rooster."

The forecast came after Alphonse Persico had asked the new underboss for an accounting of all his money-making rackets, Rotondo testified, recalling that when Wild Bill related the story, he added: "You know what's happening next."

Prompted by Ms. Jestin to explain his understanding of that last remark, Rotondo said: "Billy wouldn't be around too long."

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/they-got-to-let-go-gotti-says-after-mistrial/40588/

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: pmac] #705573
03/24/13 02:30 PM
03/24/13 02:30 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pmac
its sad day when tommy shots beats 6 murders and the son of persico does life for cutoolo life. tom shots beats his 6 murders+ cop. and college kids, let him free. billy jr is a liar his mother and sisters prove it. that guy Jackie deross is doing the fbi frame joe peter limone. people lying on the stand its sad, cause it could happen to you...

Why would he lie about who killed his father? I mean, why would he want to frame somebody who didn't do it? If he just fabricated evidence against the ones he was sure had done it, that I can understand, but why frame somebody else?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: EVL] #705647
03/24/13 08:36 PM
03/24/13 08:36 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
never cross a persico,bill was a bensonhurst guy who crossed them, for whatever reason, right or wrong, that was then.... now you will get away with it

Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: Dwalin2011] #705657
03/24/13 09:10 PM
03/24/13 09:10 PM
NYC
SiciNy Offline
Made Member
SiciNy  Offline
Made Member
NYC
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

Why would he lie about who killed his father? I mean, why would he want to frame somebody who didn't do it? If he just fabricated evidence against the ones he was sure had done it, that I can understand, but why frame somebody else?

i remember reading in the daily news during his trial that dino sracino shot him at his apt in his parents house. or maybe it was his brother sebby who actually pulled the triggefr?? can someone verify or debunk this??

Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: SiciNy] #705666
03/24/13 09:43 PM
03/24/13 09:43 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Originally Posted By: Ciro
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

i remember reading in the daily news during his trial that dino sracino shot him at his apt in his parents house. or maybe it was his brother sebby who actually pulled the triggefr?? can someone verify or debunk this??

I read that it was at Saracino's appt in his parents basement (the mob must really be lucrative, he was a made guy living in a basement) but Calabro actually pulled the trigger.

Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: EVL] #705668
03/24/13 10:01 PM
03/24/13 10:01 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
Was: Revis_Island
R
Underboss
Do you guys think had bill cutolo not been killed he would've made a good boss for the Colombo family?

Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: Revis_Knicks] #705673
03/24/13 10:09 PM
03/24/13 10:09 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
Do you guys think had bill cutolo not been killed he would've made a good boss for the Colombo family?

IMO, he would have been one of the greatest bosses in modern times if he could have stayed on the streets. However, IIRC the Feds were building a pretty big case against him so if he had not been whacked, it is unlikely he would have been a free man for much longer. In fact, the day he was killed, the Feds were tailing him but they lost him.

Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: Little_Frankie] #732281
08/06/13 02:05 PM
08/06/13 02:05 PM
Caramela77 Offline
Made Member
Caramela77  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
Originally Posted By: Revis_Island

IMO, he would have been one of the greatest bosses in modern times if he could have stayed on the streets. However, IIRC the Feds were building a pretty big case against him so if he had not been whacked, it is unlikely he would have been a free man for much longer. In fact, the day he was killed, the Feds were tailing him but they lost him.

Little Frankie,

What was the big case the Feds were building on Cutolo?

Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: EVL] #732567
08/07/13 07:21 PM
08/07/13 07:21 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Look just for starters when u go from skipper to underboss u have to put everything on record with your boss,I can go on and on ..That was a setup ..And it was at a time when feds were nailing everybody..bad timing.And that son would say and do anything ,and get anyone he could locked up..we have not herd the end of this there r people that know more .Will come out...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Exclusive about Billy Cutolo Jr. [Re: Serpiente] #732569
08/07/13 07:30 PM
08/07/13 07:30 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Look just for starters when u go from skipper to underboss u have to put everything on record with your boss,I can go on and on ..That was a setup ..And it was at a time when feds were nailing everybody..bad timing.And that son would say and do anything ,and get anyone he could locked up..we have not herd the end of this there r people that know more .Will come out...
And please dont get me wrong the guys dad was killed..But there are some people sitting in jail that r not at fault and i know one of them and his fam feels the same way...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull