GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 104 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,147
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Criminal Action Force Ireland. #689003
01/08/13 11:28 AM
01/08/13 11:28 AM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
I was just online seen a number of posts on irish crime.

The Criminal Action Force are at war with the Real I.R.A

The war has seen people killed over the last
number of years, the leader of the real IRA was shot dead, the top hitman for the real ira was shot dead. It is now been reported that the criminals are coming out on top in the war as the real IRA have seen members arrested, killed, or fear to fight back.

Some back round.

http://www.herald.ie/news/we-didnt-carry-out-latest-city-gang-killing-say-cira-2339782.html

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/...ai-3217977.html

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/...ng-3334491.html

http://www.thestar.ie/star/tag/criminal-action-force-caf/

Last edited by abc123; 01/08/13 03:45 PM.
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #689008
01/08/13 11:46 AM
01/08/13 11:46 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
What a shit name to give your gang. I thought ira had thousands of troops on the street.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: Scorsese] #689010
01/08/13 11:59 AM
01/08/13 11:59 AM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
What a shit name to give your gang.
I thought ira had thousands of troops on the street.

The gang members in Ireland have the same power as the IRA if not more.

some 250 people or there about were shot dead in Ireland since 2000 90 % by the gangs, Criminal Action Force is a name gangs have used when doing attacks on the real IRA.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #689053
01/08/13 03:02 PM
01/08/13 03:02 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Last edited by abc123; 01/08/13 03:03 PM.
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #689056
01/08/13 03:12 PM
01/08/13 03:12 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: abc123
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
What a shit name to give your gang.
I thought ira had thousands of troops on the street.

The gang members in Ireland have the same power as the IRA if not more.

some 250 people or there about were shot dead in Ireland since 2000 90 % by the gangs, Criminal Action Force is a name gangs have used when doing attacks on the real IRA.

The gang members in Dublin have as many vendettas hanging over them from any which way you can think of than it really can be said power to match the IRA. And that is what they are now referring to themselves as once again. These gangs don't really get on and are more looking to resist to consolidate their own power than to challenge the authority of the IRA.

Some may have a united interest in protecting their own piece of the action but they don't have the capabilities or manpower on a national level to match the IRA. To the IRA Dublin is just another front for the war they're fighting on their own territory. A convenient one based on funds and location.

They're also still in the middle of an armed campaign which has recently been targeting jail guards and nearly blew up a guard outside his house just last week. It's not as if Dublin is the last of the Alamo for these guys. The bigger threat to the IRA is the law and the kinds of infiltration like the one that stopped their arms smuggling operation for a mainland campaign overseas in the England that was nipped in the bud in Lithuania:- http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/...ng-2913634.html

There are so many undercover agents that any move they make can only be entrusted with very high operatives and when they do plan anything overseas that inevitably means risking compromising more high level members and with London one of the global banking sectors of the world there is no expense spared to cut down these kinds of operations. That the IRA are still highly active on the border, control the fuel pipeline which has made many millionaires ten, twenty times over as well as engaging in a bitter campaign targeting soldiers, cops and gangsters on all fronts tells me there is someway left to go before the IRA can be said to be losing their power to any one gang. Some are so powerful that being suspected in major bombing campaigns on high profile targets hasn't stopped them keeping the grip on their own little Empire. As I said South Armagh is where it's at:-
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analys...ry-1503201.html

There is no threat to the IRA on a national level, the Dublin crews have international connections and are powerful in their own right and they are also in with the Russians now even if they gots to make sure they don't act like a bunch of crazy drunken micks and go busting up some RUssian don's nearest an dearest or someting cos thats liable to get you popped:-
http://www.russiablog.org/2008/02/russians_kill_dublin_drugs_lor.php

These gangs are tough especially on their own turf but the IRA have been through much worse than this. They have hardened veterans at their disposal who have had friends die on hunger strike and have spent years in the can doing hard time with no prospect of release.

It is fair to say that the IRA are not the power they were in the 80's especially since the peace process an dthe split but there is still only one or two ways this thing could go.

1) The IRA maintain their dominance in Dublin (or as much as can be expected in such a volatile city)

or

2) The Dublin crews will consolidate their turf.

Either way the IRA will always maintain a presence in the city and they wouldn't be going for dominance if they really didn't think it was up for grabs.

The IRA like to push people around and they don't really negotiate. As far as Dublin goes, this isn't really new the Dublin crews have always been a pain in the butt for the IRA and the IRA an even bigger pain in the butt to them.

This thing has yet to play out but the hit on Alan Ryan came because the IRA were stepping up their campaign to control Dublin not because they were retreating into their shells. These guys ain't averse to danger they live with it day in, day out and sometimes when you back somebody into a corner then what choice do they really have but to hit back?

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 01/08/13 03:24 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #689062
01/08/13 03:35 PM
01/08/13 03:35 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
don't have the capabilities or manpower on a national level to match the IRA. ? I think you are not correct on this.

1. http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1121/garda-commissioner-gangs.html

2. http://www.independent.ie/national-news/...gs-3343444.html

3. http://www.thestar.ie/star/top-garda-reveals-officers-face-25-organised-crime-groups/

Say each gang has 10 members thats 250. I once seen a report one gang in Dublin had 60 members.

Last edited by abc123; 01/08/13 03:40 PM.
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #689150
01/08/13 06:43 PM
01/08/13 06:43 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
don't have the capabilities or manpower on a national level to match the IRA. ? I think you are not correct on this.

1. http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1121/garda-commissioner-gangs.html

2. http://www.independent.ie/national-news/...gs-3343444.html

3. http://www.thestar.ie/star/top-garda-reveals-officers-face-25-organised-crime-groups/

Say each gang has 10 members thats 250. I once seen a report one gang in Dublin had 60 members.

Below is a quote from one of the clips

Quote:

The commissioner said a number of the gangs have a significant international dimension and some interact to pursue joint enterprises
[/quote]

The bold bit is the crucial difference. These gangs interact out of mutual self-interest whereas the IRA have an operational and organised structure.

The IRA are the ones challenging the Dublin gangs for power but you ain't seeing the Dublin gangs challenging the IRA for dominance in other counties. It's not as if these gangs have the firepower to go into South Armagh, is it? Even the British Army are shaky going in there. Come on, let's be serious how can you really compare the two?

The ongoing turf war is focused around the distribution of drugs around North Dublin and there is no challenge to the IRA really going on outside of the city. In the Limerick conflict they were arming both sides of the warring factions but weren't directly involved themselves. That's the difference.

I'm not saying these gangs are nothin but they just have one simple priority, business. The Real IRA on the other hand are attempting to conduct a war in an era where the kind of surveillance techniques used and the kinds of technology deployed against their ranks has never been so tough.

It is true that the IRA could be said to be more of an OC operation now than ever before but that doesn't detract from the overall structure which means the most the Dublin gangs can ever hope for is to keep these guys from controlling their drug turf. They are more than capable of fighting their corner but they are not going to wipe the IRA off the map on a national level.

Let's keep things in perspective is all I'm saying.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 01/08/13 06:48 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #690311
01/12/13 04:35 PM
01/12/13 04:35 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Most of the crime gangs are in Leinster ? the Criminal Action Force attacks are all over Leinster, but Dublin gangs go all over Ireland operating for generations so they would have the capability to attack the IRA in any part of Ireland or even outside. THE IRA has lost the war in Dublin by the looks of it and if they send men from other parts to fight in Dublin then CAF can send men to other parts also.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #690328
01/12/13 06:25 PM
01/12/13 06:25 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
Most of the crime gangs are in Leinster ? the Criminal Action Force attacks are all over Leinster, but Dublin gangs go all over Ireland operating for generations so they would have the capability to attack the IRA in any part of Ireland or even outside. THE IRA has lost the war in Dublin by the looks of it and if they send men from other parts to fight in Dublin then CAF can send men to other parts also.

It dont work that. This war is aint even being being played out about no other dispute outside Dublin. The only thing has changed is Alan Ryan has been scrubbed.

Before he was taken out all the hype was surrounding him and how IRA were number one force for dominance and all that blarney. The thing is this is a game of cat and mouse more than anything. The Dublin gangs always had payed a tribute with the IRA but they felt Alan Ryan had them up against a wall an they hit back.

The IRA have just taken out Eamon Kelly. This thing ain't even got started yet thats for sure and I wouldn't read too much into this CAF the Dublin crews may have connections throughout Ireland but thats for business not for waging sacred wars in the name of drug money in South Armagh, Derry or Belfast... That aint gonna happen I can assure you now.

IRA have been sending down soldiers from the North for as long as there has been an IRA. This ain't news and this coalition or CAFF thing is wafer thin trust me. About as solid as an AA meeting in a Jameson's distillery. Think about it for a moment.

They whack out Eamon Kelly one of the few unifying influences in the city. Ask yourself why and then ask yourself how these guys can trust each other when drug lords have been lining up to do the IRA's bidding as recently as a coupla months before the Alan Ryan hit.

This things gonna play out but like I said it aint no horse race just a cat and mouse tit for tat thing. And it aint just begun yet.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 01/12/13 06:55 PM.

George Carlin
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #690613
01/14/13 12:08 PM
01/14/13 12:08 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
1. CAFF thing is wafer thin trust me

2. They whack out Eamon Kelly one of the few unifying influences in the city.

Well Alan Ryan and Real IRA were thinking CAF was wafer thin ? and before the Real IRA knew it Criminal Action Force ran them out of Dublin. Eamon Kelly was an old name with out power on the ground the Real IRA did an attack on him two years ago what did he do about it ? the CAF have said he was never a member nor had any part with CAF ever, unifying influence ? i do not think so, sure an other member of the Kelly gang was shot by Real IRA and again they did not hit back at Real IRA the Criminal Action Force shot dead this hit man Daniel Gaynor, if Kelly had so much influence the first attempt to kill him and his gang member who was also shot would not have went unpunished, the fact it did go unpunished was in it self evidence that Kelly had no influence and the Real IRA knew this and hit him.

Last edited by abc123; 01/14/13 12:11 PM.
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #690661
01/14/13 04:59 PM
01/14/13 04:59 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
1. CAFF thing is wafer thin trust me

2. They whack out Eamon Kelly one of the few unifying influences in the city.

Well Alan Ryan and Real IRA were thinking CAF was wafer thin ? and before the Real IRA knew it Criminal Action Force ran them out of Dublin. Eamon Kelly was an old name with out power on the ground the Real IRA did an attack on him two years ago what did he do about it ? the CAF have said he was never a member nor had any part with CAF ever, unifying influence ? i do not think so, sure an other member of the Kelly gang was shot by Real IRA and again they did not hit back at Real IRA the Criminal Action Force shot dead this hit man Daniel Gaynor, if Kelly had so much influence the first attempt to kill him and his gang member who was also shot would not have went unpunished, the fact it did go unpunished was in it self evidence that Kelly had no influence and the Real IRA knew this and hit him.

At this point I'm gonna fall back. I feel like I'm at risk of being drawn into some donkey Irish online strategy version of Assassins Creed or something. I got my finger on the trigger but sure as shit don't know which way to turnpanic

I think for the sake of online harmony we'll just assume until further notice that the CAFFEE crew are the baddest fucks wit the most bang for the buck this side of Starbucks.

We can do that you see cos thats the kind of thing you can do when no-one really knows shit how this shit is gonna end up. You got your nose to the floor and got the drop on the IRA guys more power to you but from waht I hear this thing could drag and drag.

Look I know you got a stick up the ass for the IRA for whatever reason but let me just clue you up on this. These drug gangs are not the good guys, they not looking to liberate anything but their own asses and their own pockets from the red hot poker being branded up their own asses by the IRA.

We can both agree that going to war with drug gangs in any city especially Dublin is some crazy shit. They may have well got themselves into something that they can't really ever hope of winning. But waging impossible wars is the whole point of the IRA so this ain't news to them.

My take on it I doubt anyone will win. I can see this dragging out. I'm not even sure the IRA give a fuck about winning complete superiority al they see is Dublin and the jack roll which feeds the cause.

As for the drug connects and new united front against extortion? No shit they're united the IRA has put out a declaration of war on all dealers.

They're not even past executing drug dealers who are under their wing so why the fuck wouldn't the drug gangs in Dublin wanna unite? Thats a good motivating incentive for a sit down right there.

The IRA have given the green light on every two bit pusher in town. I don't blame them for getting together but these guys have their own turf disputes anyways watch out for the double-cross is all I'm saying.

All I'm saying is war is over so let the war begin. It aint over till the fat lady's got a red hot poker up her ass. Anyway keep the info coming and I'll leave the next roll of the dice to you my friend wink

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 01/14/13 05:02 PM.

George Carlin
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #690780
01/15/13 01:26 PM
01/15/13 01:26 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ira-killer-shot-dead-206398.html

Sean, provisional IRA have a part in this as well.

1. You seem to think the Real IRA has the muscle to take gangs.

2. You seem to think the Real IRA are winning when evidence or press reports says other wise.

3. I am going on the facts i see in the press.you say the war has not even got going yeah ? since 2010 this war has been going on like all wars there has been lull from time to time.

4. Since 2010 the Criminal Action Force has killed the Real IRA leader Alan Ryan and their top him man Daniel Gaynor two years apart, from what we can see other people have been shot in pub attacks, there has been bomb attacks on Real IRA.

If you ask me this has been one sided war. you refer to history of IRA with examples, but the firepower of gangland Ireland is like never before. when the Real IRA do some action it is to liberate you say when criminals do some thing there bad guys ?

We used to root for the Indians against the cavalry, because we didn't think it was fair in the history books that when the cavalry won it was a great victory, and when the Indians won it was a massacre. ~Dick Gregory.

Last edited by abc123; 01/17/13 01:53 PM.
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #690797
01/15/13 04:13 PM
01/15/13 04:13 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline
Capo
DonMega  Offline
Capo
Ireland
true was watching the gangland special on tv3 last night, gangs seem to be more armed than the rira and behind more pipe bombs and attacks on rivals here

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #690803
01/15/13 05:29 PM
01/15/13 05:29 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo

If you ask me this has been one sided war. you refer to history of IRA with examples, but the firepower of gangland Ireland is like never before. when the Real IRA do some action it is to liberate you say when criminals do some thing there bad guys ?

We used to root for the Indians against the cavalry, because we didn't think it was fair in the history books that when the cavalry won it was a great victory, and when the Indians won it was a massacre. ~Dick Gregory.

The danger is in just flowing with the hype. This time last year the IRA was indestructible as far as the press was concerned. And Alan Ryan was public enemy number 1 right til his death. Now suddenly this drug gangs v IRA thing has been feeding off the David V Goliath angle and it's time to start cheerleading the cowboys who be chasing the Indians out of town.

On the one hand they saying oh the IRA are into this and into that and controlling the underworld and putting the Cops under surveillance. And the next minute in the space of two months they ain't worth shit.i just don't tally up to me.

All I'm saying is that this kind of keeping tabs on the scorecard shit is the biggest load of bunk going. Don't buy into it. There are no winners in this shit, and that's that it just goes on and on and on.

You say the IRA are finished in town cos of the Ryan hit right? Yet one of the guys involved in the hit has fled the city for Spain. What's he running for then? Who's he running from?

"Stop worrying about fear, think of yourself as already dead".

Gregory Peck

George Carlin
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: DonMega] #691380
01/17/13 01:54 PM
01/17/13 01:54 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
What did it say on TV 3 ?

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #691387
01/17/13 02:10 PM
01/17/13 02:10 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Network or allegiance of some sort sounds plausible and to an extent there is one this is borne out by the indication of the wide area of Criminal Action Force operations. Eamon Kelly Dublin was an easy target instead of going to Spain, the Real IRA bottled it through fear even though they are armed. the Alan Ryan Real IRA gang may have been counter productive heavily infiltrated and has been deserted by Real IRA. suspiciously this is what some republicans are telling the press apparently over the last two weeks, seems they do not enjoy the same broad coalition of republican support, were as a simple unified objective has seen Criminal Action Force backed to the hilt by criminals. since 1995 criminals have went to Spain Amsterdam else where so fear of Real IRA does not come into it.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #691388
01/17/13 02:16 PM
01/17/13 02:16 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline
Capo
DonMega  Offline
Capo
Ireland
on tv3 emm... it was just a documentary on armed ireland they were interviewing all gun dealers and gang freelance hitmen,how they setup the gun routes like smuggling them to the republic from the north & and abroad and the hitmen were talking bout how they setup the guys they killed and how the murdered them,plus all extra stuff like tazers and knifes that you can buy on the streets from fellas and captured on hidden cameras,if i could get if off my sky box i wuda uploaded it.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #692297
01/22/13 11:14 AM
01/22/13 11:14 AM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
http://www.herald.ie/news/gardai-braced-for-more-attacks-in-rira-purge-3361247.html

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/index.php

Gardai braced for more attacks in RIRA purge.

Looks like Criminal Action Force have them on the run shooting them selfs now to get out of it.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #692781
01/25/13 11:17 AM
01/25/13 11:17 AM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #692783
01/25/13 12:07 PM
01/25/13 12:07 PM
T
Tyler_Durden Offline
Made Member
Tyler_Durden  Offline
T
Made Member
One thing is for sure, the IRA ain't what it used to be. The PIRA in the 80s and early 90s was probably the most tactically sophisticated terrorist organization ever. Even SAS and 14th Intelligence special forces operators were among its victims. No way these drug dealers would have fucked around back then...

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #692926
01/26/13 11:18 AM
01/26/13 11:18 AM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0126/364636-philip-otoole-wicklow/

NOTORIOUS criminal Philip O'Toole was shot dead.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: Tyler_Durden] #692928
01/26/13 11:35 AM
01/26/13 11:35 AM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
The IRA old days would not have taken on the Irish gangs ether once in 1984 Dublin gangs took on the IRA in a row over gold the IRA backed off. now the gangs have more men and better fire power then the IRA the gangs have killed more people then IRA some 230-50 since year 2000. old IRA would never had taken on the gangs in the first place its a fight they could never win and that is for sure the old IRA did not take on armed group like OIRA for long as they hit back when they came under attack from PIRA in 1975 so like the Criminal Action Force who is well armed have money men and have killed people the PIRA would not have got into a fight with them no way.

Last edited by abc123; 01/26/13 11:38 AM.
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #692935
01/26/13 12:25 PM
01/26/13 12:25 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
http://www.herald.ie/news/philly-betrayed-by-gang-after-gun-raid-3367562.html

Real IRA will not save you.

After Criminal Action Force shooting.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: Tyler_Durden] #693131
01/28/13 12:47 PM
01/28/13 12:47 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Durden
One thing is for sure, the IRA ain't what it used to be. The PIRA in the 80s and early 90s was probably the most tactically sophisticated terrorist organization ever. Even SAS and 14th Intelligence special forces operators were among its victims. No way these drug dealers would have fucked around back then...

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/its-war-the-gangsters-versus-the-dissidents-3367257.html

Gold fight i was saying before

IT'S WAR: The gangsters versus the dissidents.

The criminal gang who challenged the Real IRA in Dublin has not gone away. The gangsters, the terrorists and the gardai all know that further bloodshed is inevitable.

A group calling itself the Criminal Action Force recently sent an emissary to eastern Europe with a shopping list for arms and explosives. The CAF is the brainchild of a veteran criminal from Ballyfermot who has been involved in smuggling for 40 years.

He and his associates have vowed to take on the dissidents and, in recent months, were responsible for gun and bomb attacks on RIRA members.

Meanwhile, the two men who ordered Ryan's murder have both left the country, though they have returned on a number of occasions in recent months. They and their pals in the CAF realise they will have no choice but to keep up their 'struggle' with the terrorists.

The current situation has a depressing sense of déjà vu about it. Republicans trying to control and prosper from organised crime is nothing new. In 1984 it almost led to another potential war between The General, Martin Cahill, and the Provos.

The IRA was demanding a cut of the action from Cahill's robbery of €1.5m worth of gold and jewels from O'Connor's factory in Dublin. The Provos, operating in the guise of the Concerned Parents Against Drugs, began targeting members of Cahill's gang who were accused of being heroin dealers.

That led to the establishment of an ad hoc group of gangsters calling themselves the Concerned Criminals Action Committee (CCAC) who threatened to take on their Republican and CPAD tormentors.

History, as we know, has a dreadful habit of repeating itself.

Last edited by abc123; 02/21/13 09:31 PM.
Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #693132
01/28/13 12:50 PM
01/28/13 12:50 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
RIRA hunt Alan Ryan’s cash stash.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/rira-hunt-alan-ryans-cash-stash/

RIRA hunt Alan Ryan’s cash stash
Michael O'Toole January 25, 2013
THE new bosses of the Real IRA in Dublin have launched a desperate hunt for a fortune hidden away by murdered boss Alan Ryan and his cronies, it emerged last night.

The terror group was led by Ryan (32) in Dublin until he was gunned down by criminals in the city last September.

And sources have confirmed to The Star that the new leadership of the RIRA in Dublin believe Ryan and his pals salted away hundreds of thousands of euro in cash they extorted from gangsters.

They sent some of the cash to the national leadership, but kept vast chunks of the money — and now the new bosses are determined to get their hands on it.

The want to use the money to buy weapons in eastern Europe for use in their campaign in the North.

The search for the cash is just part of the new Dublin leadership’s bid — on the orders of the national leadership of the terror organisation — to reorganise their units in the city.

They believe the RIRA under Ryan was involved in too much criminality — and they are now weeding out people they could class as criminals rather than republicans.

“They are trying to purify the RIRA in Dublin,” one source said last night.

“Too many of the people Ryan brought in were connected to ordinary crime and the new leadership is working their way through them.”

It’s understood RIRA bosses are holding one-on-one meetings with members from Dublin to see if they are committed to the cause.

“There is a real attitude of ‘you are either with us or against us’,” one expert said last night.

“People are being brought in individually and interrogated on whether they want to stay under the new rules.

“And those who the RIRA consider undesirable are being weeded out.”

Several allies of Ryan have already been forced out of the organisation — with some of them being brutally assaulted.

And, as well as kicking them out, the RIRA is also demanding they hand over the cash that they and Ryan collected in the name of the terror group.

Republican sources have claimed to The Star that there are serious internal difficulties within the RIRA.

Sources say former allies of Ryan who are still in the organisation want to take on gangsters in Dublin — while the new bosses want to get involved in attacks in the North instead.

Sources said a fractious meeting was held in a north Dublin pub in recent days to discuss the internal difficulties.

They said there was now potential for a split in the organisation.

Ryan and his cronies took more than €500,000 from gangsters in Dublin — on the threat of murder.

Gangsters were so incensed by this they set up their own group , called the Criminal Action Force, to protect themselves.

Ryan was killed over his extortion demands against two north Dublin crime bosses — who are now being hunted by the RIRA’s hit squads..

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #693241
01/29/13 04:28 AM
01/29/13 04:28 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Are they really called Criminal Action Force?? That has to be the gayest name ever for a gangster syndicate lol.

Re: Criminal Action Force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #693267
01/29/13 10:26 AM
01/29/13 10:26 AM
Ireland
DonMega Offline
Capo
DonMega  Offline
Capo
Ireland

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: NickyScarfo] #693276
01/29/13 12:55 PM
01/29/13 12:55 PM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Are they really called Criminal Action Force?? That has to be the gayest name ever for a gangster syndicate lol.
Yeah they are called Criminal Action Force it may seen a gay name to you but in Irealnd you had other groups call Republican Action Force Protestant Action Force. so Criminal Action Force is a name on same lines as others in the passed.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #693277
01/29/13 12:58 PM
01/29/13 12:58 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Yeah they are called Criminal Action Force it may seen a gay name to you but in Irealnd you had other groups call Republican Action Force Protestant Action Force. so Criminal Action Force is a name on same lines as others in the passed.

Yeah I'm from England I know of those names of the groups.

Re: Criminal Action force Ireland. [Re: abc123] #693807
02/01/13 10:39 AM
02/01/13 10:39 AM
A
abc123 Offline OP
Underboss
abc123  Offline OP
A
Underboss
http://www.herald.ie/news/cllr-burkes-jailed-grandson-20-was-used-by-ryan-mob-3371274.html

Real IRA ran out of Dublin.

By Ken Foy, Crime correspondent
Thursday January 31 2013

THE grandson of highly respected Independent Dublin city councillor Christy Burke was "used and taken advantage of" by the mob which was led by slain IRA boss Alan Ryan, senior sources have revealed.

Coolock man Ciaran Burke (20) was jailed for five years by the Special Criminal Court for having a pistol and ammunition on Dublin's northside last year.

It was his first criminal conviction and sources close to his politician grandfather revealed that Cllr Burke is "devastated over what happened."

"Ciaran is the apple of Christy's eye and he adores him. He is completely shocked that Ciaran is in prison and regularly visits him," said the source.

"There was nothing in his background to suggest he would end up serving five years in jail."

Ciaran, of Ferrycarrig Park, pleaded guilty to the unlawful possession of a deadly Glock semi-automatic pistol and 13 rounds of ammunition at the N32, Coolock on July 2, 2012.

He was busted after a major surveillance operation by the Special Detective Unit who were targeting the RIRA mob which was led by Alan Ryan.

A senior source said: "Ciaran got mixed up with some very serious people -- the wrong people. He had strong Republican ideals but unfortunately he fell in with Alan Ryan's gang.

"The young fella really looked up to Ryan and his crew. In the end they used him so now he is banged up in Portlaoise Prison."

Because of Ciaran's links to Alan Ryan, it is understood that he became a prime target for the north Dublin drugs gang who murdered the RIRA boss in Clonshaugh last September.

Threat

Sources say that it is because of this threat that he voluntarily re-entered custody just three weeks after Ryan's murder.

However, the crew who murdered Ryan, who are led by the so-called 'Mr Big' of Irish crime, continue to pressurise Burke and it is understood that abusive graffiti about one of his closest associates has been daubed over the wall of a north Dublin housing estate.

"Prison could indeed be the safest place for Ciaran Burke," said a source, as it emerges that Mr Big's gang have regrouped and are running many of Ryan's former associates out of Dublin.

Yesterday, the Special Criminal Court heard that as a result of confidential information relating to dissident republican activity in the Dublin area, gardai stopped a taxi on the N32 slip road leading from the Malahide Road to the M50.

Burke, a passenger in the car, had a Glock pistol wrapped in a sock in his jacket pocket.

Aileen Donnelly, for Mr Burke, said he was an "exceptional sportsman" who represented Dublin in boxing and GAA and had been captain of his local soccer team.

"He has a history of involvement in his community in a very good way," she said.

He was in a relationship for the past 18 months and lived at home with his parents and three siblings, the court heard.

He had pleaded guilty at an early stage, she said.

Mr Justice Paul Butler said the offence was regarded as a very serious one and carried a maximum sentence of 14 years and a mimimum of five years.

The court believed seven years would be appropriate but in view of his early plea, they reduced that to five years.

The state entered a nolle prosequi on a charge of being a member of an illegal organisation, the IRA.

kfoy@herald.ie

- Ken Foy, Crime correspondent

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull