GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DiLorenzo, Ciment, 1 invisible), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,844
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 49 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 48 49
Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #772932
04/13/14 09:16 PM
04/13/14 09:16 PM
H
HuronSocialAthletic Offline
Underboss
HuronSocialAthletic  Offline
H
Underboss
Turk Torello lived in Cicero & was extremely close to Joey Aiuppa. Joe Lombardo was a Grand Avenue guy who was very close to Jackie Cerone & those guys. They just happened to work for Taylor St because that's who jumped them in. Lombardo had been vocally critical of & dissatisfied with his boss (Milwaukee Phil) and embraced the changing of the guard. Similar situation with Torello. Lombardo & Torello were mid level soldiers during the Giancana era, they wouldn't have had much direct contact with Mooney.

The Carusos were intertwined with the Rotis & Aiuppa didn't want to alienate that relationship. Skid was politely asked to step aside & agreed, which is why he was still allowed to earn.

Last edited by HuronSocialAthletic; 04/13/14 09:18 PM.
Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #772954
04/14/14 07:38 AM
04/14/14 07:38 AM
F
funkster Offline
Underboss
funkster  Offline
F
Underboss
Yeah, weren't the Carusos and Rotis cousins or related by marriage?

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: Mmalioni] #772959
04/14/14 08:35 AM
04/14/14 08:35 AM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mmalioni
Just to add to this…

Frank Calabrese lost a lot of standing on the street after his imprisonment in 1995. Ronnie Jarrett was knocked down by Johnny Apes at the end of 1999. Jarrett was Calabrese's #2.

Also, a lot of his crew either ratted; i.e. Michael Talarico, Frank Jr., Philip Tolomeo

or left the Outfit;

Ralph Peluso
Joel Glickman

Thank you. But be careful. Common sense is the enemy around these parts wink

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #772960
04/14/14 08:36 AM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
The Carusos & the Rotis are related in more ways than one. Bridgeport has always been a clusterfuck of interbreeding.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #772961
H
Underboss
H
Underboss

Last edited by HuronSocialAthletic; 04/14/14 08:37 AM.
Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #772967
04/14/14 09:18 AM
04/14/14 09:18 AM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
I fail to see how his standing would influence the comment one way or another, unless you think he was so out of the loop he didn't know what he was talking about.

I went back and read the comment last night, actually.

What he was referring to--this was in the late 90s--was that many of the most powerful guys were either in prison or dead, so if you got together a crew and killed about 7 guys, you could take the entire thing over.

He followed it up with saying "Them's the ones with the brains and the balls."

According to the writer he was referring to the most active, tough street bosses.

Again, I am not arguing that it really means one thing one way or the other. The only thing I find interesting about it, really, is who he had in mind.

Last edited by jonnynonos; 04/14/14 09:19 AM.
Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #772969
04/14/14 09:37 AM
04/14/14 09:37 AM
F
funkster Offline
Underboss
funkster  Offline
F
Underboss
Not that I'm trying to rehash this, but I took it as sour grapes. Totally sounds like a crabby old man complaining about how much better it was when he was coming up.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: Mmalioni] #772970
04/14/14 09:42 AM
04/14/14 09:42 AM
F
funkster Offline
Underboss
funkster  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mmalioni
Just to add to this…

Frank Calabrese lost a lot of standing on the street after his imprisonment in 1995. Ronnie Jarrett was knocked down by Johnny Apes at the end of 1999. Jarrett was Calabrese's #2.

Also, a lot of his crew either ratted; i.e. Michael Talarico, Frank Jr., Philip Tolomeo

or left the Outfit;

Ralph Peluso
Joel Glickman

In that tape of Calabrese in prison, who was he moaning about Peluso kicking up to?

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: funkster] #772971
04/14/14 09:59 AM
04/14/14 09:59 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
anyone got this new book.The preview on amazon is interesting some stuff about some myths and terminology the outfit used.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Violence-Encyclopedia-Chicago-Murders/dp/1495909042

Authority on Chicago mob murders to speak
print
Email

Authority on Chicago mob murders to speak (Posted By Harper College, Community Contributor / April 7, 2014)

Posted By Harper College, Community Contributor
12:00 p.m. CDT, April 7, 2014

From Chicago's original gangsters to the Outfit's decline in recent years, Dr. Wayne Johnson is well-versed in the organized crime that long ensnared the city.

After 25 years with the Chicago Police Department - his last assignment supervising a unit within the Organized Crime Division - Johnson was appointed Chief Investigator for the renowned Chicago Crime Commission.

Now coordinator of Harper College's law enforcement programs and widely considered a top authority on organized crime, Johnson has written "A History of Violence: An Encyclopedia of 1,400 Chicago Mob Murders." The 300-plus page tome is the product of painstaking research into newspaper articles, police reports, coroners' reports and other archives over a 14-year period.

"Coming from someone who has fought in the trenches against Chicago's wise guys, Johnson's new contribution will be the go-to reference on Outfit violence for years to come," said Gus Russo, author of "The Outfit" and "Supermob."

Harper will host a public reception celebrating Johnson's book launch at noon Tuesday, April 15, in the lower level of the library on the College's main campus, 1200 W. Algonquin Road, Palatine. Johnson will give a presentation on the state of organized crime in Chicago followed by a brief question-and-answer session and book signing.

Johnson, who also served as the only Superintendent of Police/Inspector General for the town of Cicero before entering academic fulltime, credited two Harper students for their contributions. Daniella Boyd designed the cover art for "A History of Violence" by reproducing in charcoal a real morgue photo of Sam Giancana, one of the most notorious mob bosses in history. Jackie Cooney wrote a research paper that led Johnson to discover a group of killings that fit the criteria for the book.

"I really wanted to dig in on this because every one of these cases deserves to be investigated and solved," Johnson said. "To let them just disappear into history would be a disservice to everyone involved."

Cover art: Harper student Daniella Boyd designed the graphite drawing cover art for "A History of Violence" by reproducing a real morgue photo of Sam Giancana, one of the most notorious mob bosses in history.

ABOUT WAYNE JOHNSON: Wayne A. Johnson served on the Chicago Police Department for 25 years and in his last assignment, supervised the Analytical Unit of the Intelligence Section, Organized Crime Division. He was then appointed Chief Investigator for the legendary Chicago Crime Commission, holding the position originally created by celebrated criminal investigator Virgil Peterson.

Johnson investigated and monitored the Chicago Mob during his five years at the Commission. The national recognition he received led to his recruitment as the only Superintendent of Police/Inspector General for Cicero.

Johnson earned his Doctor of Education degree from Northern Illinois University and Master of Science degree in Criminal-Social Justice from Lewis University in Romeoville. He is as an Associate Professor and Program Coordinator of Law Enforcement Programs at Harper College.

Johnson is a nationally recognized investigative and educational consultant for law enforcement and the security industry and has lectured extensively on organized crime, homicide investigations, criminal profiling, violence in the workplace and gang crimes.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #772972
04/14/14 10:01 AM
04/14/14 10:01 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
I don't think it was ever revealed. Maybe Pat Marcy?

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: Scorsese] #772977
04/14/14 10:27 AM
04/14/14 10:27 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Scorsese thank you for the info. I wonder if he will touch on the current state of affairs in Chicago?

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #772979
04/14/14 10:28 AM
04/14/14 10:28 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Does anyone know if Vicente Zambada-Niebla (see article below) had ties to Chicago mob?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/ne...uts-a-deal.html

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #772984
04/14/14 10:52 AM
04/14/14 10:52 AM
C
ChiTown Offline
WestTown
ChiTown  Offline
WestTown
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
Have a bunch of questions for ChiTown (or anyone else) that I'd like addressed in thorough, if you please.

What was the extent of Pete Palumbo's role within the Outfit? I know he had the reputation of being a real asshole, but was he ever a significant presence within the organization?

The Schivarelli Bros, Mike (made guy?) & of course his rather infamous brother Pete. What neighborhood did they grow up in? Was it Riis Park? It is my understanding that they are strictly Grand Avenue Crew guys, is this correct? Is Mike still active? If so, with what crew? Does Pete still reside (or did he ever?) in the Dewes Mansion? I can't ever remember him living there, he always had that townhome behind Treasure Island off of Clybourn & Southport, but I do remember that situation where Gattuso & a few other heavies bullied that fag-kingpin Chuck Renslow into selling the Dewes Mansion to Pete. Pete once told me the movie Rudy was based on him. Is this true? Lol!

Speaking of the Schivarellis, did you read Danny Seraphine's 'Street Player'? If so, what was your impression? The guy seems like a real piece of work.

What can you tell me about the Outfit's presence (past or present) in the Dunning/Belmont-Craigin/Edison Park neighborhoods? What about the township of Oak Lawn?

Lastly, what do you know about Tony Lombardo & the Congress Pizzeria?

Thanks. Would appreciate in depth responses if that's possible.

The Schivarelli brothers used to hang out near Grand and Harlem at the Colony Restaurant, so near Riis park. I believe both were involved in the Grand Avenue crew and both were deeply involved with the Outfit and Streets and Sanitation. I'm not sure whether they were made--if one was, it would have been Michael who was more the "Street guy." They are nephews of Johnny "The Bug" Varelli and paled around with a lot of Grand Avenue guys including Frank Schweiss. The brothers went to court over a "home intruder" they shot back in the 80s--the home intruder claimed the men invited him in and shot him and most assumed that was the case--though the courts decided with the Schiavarelli's.

Peter was the "legit" guy who went to Notre Dame, lived in CA for years managing the band Chicago and served as alderman in Lincoln Park. He looks like an Italian Mickey Rooney now.

Michael was very high up in Streets & San but I believe was kicked out. Not really sure whether either of them are still involved, but I would not doubt it. Pete continues to go to a lot of social functions throughout Chicago.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: jace] #772986
04/14/14 11:29 AM
04/14/14 11:29 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jace
Does anyone know if Vicente Zambada-Niebla (see article below) had ties to Chicago mob?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/ne...uts-a-deal.html

no he was dealing with the flores brothers who operated out of little village where they were dealing mostly through family ties and probably the latin kings and two six gangs.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: Scorsese] #772994
04/14/14 12:15 PM
04/14/14 12:15 PM
G
GaryMartin Offline
Underboss
GaryMartin  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
anyone got this new book.The preview on amazon is interesting some stuff about some myths and terminology the outfit used.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Violence-Encyclopedia-Chicago-Murders/dp/1495909042

print
Email

Authority on Chicago mob murders to speak (Posted By Harper College, Community Contributor / April 7, 2014)

Posted By Harper College, Community Contributor
12:00 p.m. CDT, April 7, 2014

From Chicago's original gangsters to the Outfit's decline in recent years, Dr. Wayne Johnson is well-versed in the organized crime that long ensnared the city.

After 25 years with the Chicago Police Department - his last assignment supervising a unit within the Organized Crime Division - Johnson was appointed Chief Investigator for the renowned Chicago Crime Commission.

Now coordinator of Harper College's law enforcement programs and widely considered a top authority on organized crime, Johnson has written "A History of Violence: An Encyclopedia of 1,400 Chicago Mob Murders." The 300-plus page tome is the product of painstaking research into newspaper articles, police reports, coroners' reports and other archives over a 14-year period.

"Coming from someone who has fought in the trenches against Chicago's wise guys, Johnson's new contribution will be the go-to reference on Outfit violence for years to come," said Gus Russo, author of "The Outfit" and "Supermob."

Harper will host a public reception celebrating Johnson's book launch at noon Tuesday, April 15, in the lower level of the library on the College's main campus, 1200 W. Algonquin Road, Palatine. Johnson will give a presentation on the state of organized crime in Chicago followed by a brief question-and-answer session and book signing.

Johnson, who also served as the only Superintendent of Police/Inspector General for the town of Cicero before entering academic fulltime, credited two Harper students for their contributions. Daniella Boyd designed the cover art for "A History of Violence" by reproducing in charcoal a real morgue photo of Sam Giancana, one of the most notorious mob bosses in history. Jackie Cooney wrote a research paper that led Johnson to discover a group of killings that fit the criteria for the book.

"I really wanted to dig in on this because every one of these cases deserves to be investigated and solved," Johnson said. "To let them just disappear into history would be a disservice to everyone involved."

Cover art: Harper student Daniella Boyd designed the graphite drawing cover art for "A History of Violence" by reproducing a real morgue photo of Sam Giancana, one of the most notorious mob bosses in history.

ABOUT WAYNE JOHNSON: Wayne A. Johnson served on the Chicago Police Department for 25 years and in his last assignment, supervised the Analytical Unit of the Intelligence Section, Organized Crime Division. He was then appointed Chief Investigator for the legendary Chicago Crime Commission, holding the position originally created by celebrated criminal investigator Virgil Peterson.

Johnson investigated and monitored the Chicago Mob during his five years at the Commission. The national recognition he received led to his recruitment as the only Superintendent of Police/Inspector General for Cicero.

Johnson earned his Doctor of Education degree from Northern Illinois University and Master of Science degree in Criminal-Social Justice from Lewis University in Romeoville. He is as an Associate Professor and Program Coordinator of Law Enforcement Programs at Harper College.

Johnson is a nationally recognized investigative and educational consultant for law enforcement and the security industry and has lectured extensively on organized crime, homicide investigations, criminal profiling, violence in the workplace and gang crimes.

Scorsese - I just saw this announcement on the Internet last night. I do plan to purchase the book. I corresponded (email) with Dr. Johnson last year requesting a telephone interview. He politely indicated he did not discuss matters about The Outfit (Ricca, Accardo, Giancana) with people he didn't know. I thanked him and said I understood. He suggested I read Roemer's book. Dr. Johnson was very nice and professional.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: ChiTown] #773022
04/14/14 02:54 PM
04/14/14 02:54 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Have a bunch of questions for ChiTown (or anyone else) that I'd like addressed in thorough, if you please.

What was the extent of Pete Palumbo's role within the Outfit? I know he had the reputation of being a real asshole, but was he ever a significant presence within the organization?

The Schivarelli Bros, Mike (made guy?) & of course his rather infamous brother Pete. What neighborhood did they grow up in? Was it Riis Park? It is my understanding that they are strictly Grand Avenue Crew guys, is this correct? Is Mike still active? If so, with what crew? Does Pete still reside (or did he ever?) in the Dewes Mansion? I can't ever remember him living there, he always had that townhome behind Treasure Island off of Clybourn & Southport, but I do remember that situation where Gattuso & a few other heavies bullied that fag-kingpin Chuck Renslow into selling the Dewes Mansion to Pete. Pete once told me the movie Rudy was based on him. Is this true? Lol!

Speaking of the Schivarellis, did you read Danny Seraphine's 'Street Player'? If so, what was your impression? The guy seems like a real piece of work.

What can you tell me about the Outfit's presence (past or present) in the Dunning/Belmont-Craigin/Edison Park neighborhoods? What about the township of Oak Lawn?

Lastly, what do you know about Tony Lombardo & the Congress Pizzeria?

Thanks. Would appreciate in depth responses if that's possible.

The Schivarelli brothers used to hang out near Grand and Harlem at the Colony Restaurant, so near Riis park. I believe both were involved in the Grand Avenue crew and both were deeply involved with the Outfit and Streets and Sanitation. I'm not sure whether they were made--if one was, it would have been Michael who was more the "Street guy." They are nephews of Johnny "The Bug" Varelli and paled around with a lot of Grand Avenue guys including Frank Schweiss. The brothers went to court over a "home intruder" they shot back in the 80s--the home intruder claimed the men invited him in and shot him and most assumed that was the case--though the courts decided with the Schiavarelli's.

Peter was the "legit" guy who went to Notre Dame, lived in CA for years managing the band Chicago and served as alderman in Lincoln Park. He looks like an Italian Mickey Rooney now.

Michael was very high up in Streets & San but I believe was kicked out. Not really sure whether either of them are still involved, but I would not doubt it. Pete continues to go to a lot of social functions throughout Chicago.

Thanks. Yeah I remember the Colony, and Grace's, Pete's old hot dog stand. Obviously he is well known for Demon Dogs, as well as being the snow removal "kingpin" And managing Chicago, hence my question about Danny Seraphine. Someone very close to me dated Pete for a brief period, but truth be told I always thought it was quite obvious that he was gay. And yeah that's right he always was very close with Frank Schweihs, probably one of the only people besides Pordyla that spent excessive amounts of time with Frank. It was wise of them to put him up as alderman in that area, they got away with all types of strong arming & other nonsense in Lincoln Park during those years. Was it Pete or Mike who beat the shit out of that guy at a bar with Rocco Lombardo & Michael Spilotro? Can't remember. Any idea about the Dewes Mansion incident? I remember it leaving a very bad taste in people's mouth. On another note, I really do think that the film 'Rudy' could be based on Pete. He was a little guy who was a walk on during the period that the film was supposed to take place. Pete has a legendarily big mouth but that nugget might be true.

Any insight into the other stuff?

Last edited by HuronSocialAthletic; 04/14/14 03:00 PM.
Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773027
04/14/14 03:24 PM
04/14/14 03:24 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Huron have you tried Demon Dogs? Haven't been there but I've heard from people that it's really good. They opened where the frosted mug used to be. I miss that place a ton, best root beer in Chicago.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773032
04/14/14 03:53 PM
04/14/14 03:53 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Nicky I wasn't aware that Pete had reopened? Where exactly is it located? I used to hit up the old location pretty frequently.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773033
04/14/14 04:32 PM
04/14/14 04:32 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
You never have had Frosted Mug? It's where it used to be. 115th and Pulaski, in Alsip. Not sure if they are the same owners, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773034
04/14/14 04:34 PM
04/14/14 04:34 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Oh shit just remebered it's demon dawgs not demon dogs. Then it's probably different owners. Either way it's supposes to be really good.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773038
04/14/14 04:47 PM
04/14/14 04:47 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Oh yeah I remember the Mug, we were always Plush Horse people though haha

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773043
04/14/14 05:44 PM
04/14/14 05:44 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Yeah the Plush Horse is great as well! I don't think I've asked you Huron, what part of Chicago you from?

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773052
04/14/14 07:40 PM
04/14/14 07:40 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Nicky, I'm from Evergreen Park.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773060
04/14/14 09:14 PM
04/14/14 09:14 PM
F
funkster Offline
Underboss
funkster  Offline
F
Underboss
Rudy is based on an actual guy named Rudy Ruettiger. Funny enough, my friend is from Melrose Park and apparently Rudy's brother was a PE teacher at his high school. Said he was a real dick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Ruettiger

Is Tony Lombardo any relation to Lumbo?

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773063
04/14/14 10:23 PM
04/14/14 10:23 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Yeah he's their cousin

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: funkster] #773204
04/15/14 09:17 PM
04/15/14 09:17 PM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
[quote=funkster]Rudy is based on an actual guy named Rudy Ruettiger. Funny enough, my friend is from Melrose Park and apparently Rudy's brother was a PE teacher at his high school. Said he was a real dick.

Melrose park huh? I heard a lot about that town filled with a bunch of young trouble makers with big balls lol
what goes on out there now a days? any action mob, drugs?

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773210
04/15/14 09:46 PM
04/15/14 09:46 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Melrose park is slowly but surely transforming into a less depressing (which isn't saying much at all) version of Cicero: you have mob guys still running around in the neighborhood, operating gambling & arming businesses, etc, but the actual Italian American population that resides within the neighborhood is relocating to areas like Bloomingdale, Lyons, etc, and Melrose Park is being Mexican-ized.

Melrose Park in the heydey was legendary, for me the most interesting Outfit territory. That was their playground. And it was a neighborhood that was sort of in limbo territory between Cicero, Elmwood, & Grand. The Melrose Park territory was fought over pretty regularly back in the day.

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #773234
04/16/14 06:00 AM
04/16/14 06:00 AM
N
Nice_Guy Offline
Made Member
Nice_Guy  Offline
N
Made Member
Melrose park is slowly but surely transforming into a less depressing (which isn't saying much at all) version of Cicero: you have mob guys still running around in the neighborhood, operating gambling & arming businesses, etc, but the actual Italian American population that resides within the neighborhood is relocating to areas like Bloomingdale, Lyons, etc, and Melrose Park is being Mexican-ized.

Melrose Park in the heydey was legendary, for me the most interesting Outfit territory. That was their playground. And it was a neighborhood that was sort of in limbo territory between Cicero, Elmwood, & Grand. The Melrose Park territory was fought over pretty regularly back in the day.

Thanks for answering my post, yea i heard all the way back to Capone that they would spend a lot of time out there especially accardo and aiuppa, anymore more info on mob related to Melrose Park im interested in reading.
Thanks

Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #773262
04/16/14 09:01 AM
04/16/14 09:01 AM
JJB Offline
Button
JJB  Offline
Button
I now haven't lived in Chicago for over 8 years, but before then, the intersection of North and 25th in Melrose Park was honestly about about as depressing as it got. (IIRC, some of the wiretape tapes of Infelice/Jahoda I have were recorded at a restaurant just south of North on the east). I realize it was different between there and the forest preserve, but still, I never guessed that it would ever be less depressing than Cicero. FWIW, I still could find enjoyment in Cicero 8 years ago (I like Mexican food and it was still kinda wacky).

What's Berwyn like these days, anyway? In my mind's eye, it's young couple central...

Last edited by JJB; 04/16/14 09:03 AM.
Re: Chicago Outfit: The 28 members [Re: TonyBoy117] #773267
04/16/14 09:43 AM
04/16/14 09:43 AM
F
funkster Offline
Underboss
funkster  Offline
F
Underboss
What's Maywood Park like these days? That area always makes me think of Kiddieland lol.

Page 29 of 49 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 48 49

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull